ddue8hz-e90424d2-cf00-4001-ae14-e23f6b33

Toon Swordmistress

EARTH | Warrior/Toon/Effect | ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1400 ATK | 1400 DEF

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a Toon monster or as Tribute for the Summon of a Toon monster; You can Special Summon this card.

L4PcTdn.png    +    9zt9Uxd.png

Randomly felt like making a counterpart for Kanan the Swordmistress and also to draw a toon monster for the first time. Normal Kanan looks so sultry I decided to go for a Jessica Rabbit sort of style for her toon version. Didn't have any groundbreaking effect in mind for her, so I went with a simple tribute fodder effect to give a little support to other toons, but I'm open to other ideas for her if anyone wants to take a swing at it.

Edited by Truffle Shuffle

You could probably stand to add a more powerful effect to her, because Toons are really in a bad position right now. Maybe remove the "Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned" effect – that clause on every card really hurts the deck's viability. Or maybe make it not apply to Special Summons from her own effect, like this:

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned, except by its own effect. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a Toon monster or as Tribute for the Summon of a Toon monster; You can Special Summon this card.

Or just have it so that her "Can attack directly if Toon World is out" doesn't apply the turn she is summoned, like so:

While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, if this card was not Summoned this turn, it can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a Toon monster or as Tribute for the Summon of a Toon monster; You can Special Summon this card.

Anyway, I like what's going on here. Toons need more love.

Basically it is specialized on being Tribute fodder for Toons. You are on the right track, IMO. Give it a self-Summon from hand condition or effect and it would be much better. Also, the OPT clause in the self-revival effect is pointless because such OPTs are reset when the cards gets on the field again. You have to use a "hard OPT" instead: "You can only use this effect of X once per turn". Actually... if you want to take a more flavorful approach, yoiu got the "float lightly" already covered because the card float into itself, so the "stings sharply" part... you can make it destroy a face-up card on the field when it's Summoned by its own effect, providing Toons some removal power.

I like the drawing, by the way. It has a sexy vibe. Keep it up!

Edited by Darj

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Truffle Shuffle
      Cyber Jammer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      EARTH Warrior/Effect
      ATK 2000, DEF 2400
      If a Fairy or Warrior monster made a direct attack this Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect) reveal this card in your hand: Normal Summon 1 monster OR Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Jammer" once per turn.

I hope you weren't expecting a Cyber Dragon card! The Cyber Girls are a group of mostly-EARTH Warrior monsters also originating from Yugioh GX that really never took off the way their successors, the Cyber Angels, eventually would. I felt like making one of my own to at least relate to what most of their effects did as several of the Cyber Girls have effects relating to direct attacks and their boss monster, Cyber Blader, happens to be a Fusion Monster. The Cyber Girls all have something to do with female sports or athletics, so for this one I felt like going with roller derby since I haven't really seen that used as an aesthetic for anything in the game to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Angelfood
      ⭐⭐⭐ LIGHT FIend/Effect
      ATK 1000 | DEF 1800
      If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. This effect of "Angelfood" can only be used once per turn.

The result of some drawing practice I felt like making into a full card. A pretty straightforward effect that's probably significantly more powerful than I imagine it to be. But hey, those dusty Performance of the Swords and Crab Turtles in your box of old cards deserve some love.
    • By The Chayncemaniac
      When this card leaves the Field, you can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Power Creep
      Trap Card
      Tribute 1 face-up monster on either side of the field: Its controller can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand or Deck with the same Type and Attribute and an ATK or DEF greater than the tributed card. Card effects cannot be activated for the rest of this turn, except for the effects of a monster Special Summoned by this card. You can only activate 1 "Power Creep" per turn.

Spent a while trying to come up with an effect for the image. If you have any more fitting ideas, let me know.
    • By AexDEye9
      Myutant Soldier
      EARTH Psychic/Link/Effect | ATK/ 0 LINK-1
      1 Level 4 or lower Psychic monster
      When this card is Link Summoned, You can add 1 "Myutant Evolution lab" from your deck to your hand. You can Tribute this card, then banish 1 card from your GY or face-up field, except "Myutant Soldier"; Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Deck, based on the banished card.
      ● Monster: "Myutant Beast" ● Spell: "Myutant Mist" ● Trap: "Myutant Arsenal"
      You can only use each effect of "Myutant Soldier" once per turn.