Sign in to follow this  
Kazooie

Birdie's Musings

? Bird Emoji Meaning with Pictures: from A to Z

Hello to people who might look at this, and welcome to Birdie's Musing, a miscellaneous blog that'll include all sorts of things!

I tend to jump about in my projects and interests a lot, and while I've never been diagnosed, I'm starting to think I have a form of ADHD because I tend to have hyperfixations at any given time. My focus and attention get so deeply into one thing that I kinda just... Tune out anything around me, and it never seems to stick around for as long as I would like.

So this blog will be a way to capitalize on that!

For those of you who might've been interested in the Onix Only Run, don't worry, I fully plan on bringing that here... I just plan on doing it in the form of a video instead of doing it in picture format. Picture format for Pokemon... Turned out to not be the best way of doing things, I found. It was clunky in a way that I just couldn't keep up and it was killing my wrist. It might take a while to get it done in video format, but I intend on completing it before the end of summer, since I have to relearn all the video editing tools.

Before that though, there will be a variety of topics I talk about here, and this post will serve as a table of contents for anything I do!

The first addition will be within the week, I have a particular topic I want to cover this time... And it'll be split up over weeks, my personal Top 10 list of animation in the 2010's. It was a really... Interesting decade for animation, and I wanna talk about my personal Top 10. This list will include both anime and western animation on it, so look forward to the first entry to that in the coming week!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Things are to be done and added!

I DIDN'T DO /SHIT/ WITH THIS THREAD BUT IT'S OKAY

Cause I'm here to actually do something.

People in a few Discord servers know this already, but I'm finally dabbling in Pokemon Romhacking. This is something I wanted to do for a long time, and honestly, now seems to be a great time for it? The tools have gotten a lot more sophisticated than they used to be and even someone as dumb as I am can pick them up and start to mess things up!

So, I'll finally be making use of this thread... And documenting some of the details and thoughts I have while hacking!

So first things first... Which game?

Well, the one I went with was Emerald. Why? Cause... Honestly, there isn't a very solid difficulty hack for one I've seen yet? Blazing Emerald was a cool hack, I enjoyed playing it quite a bit. But it still had some moments of stupid stuff that bothered me...

So I'm gonna make one! A few things that I want to do to separate it from other hacks?

DOUBLE BATTLES. I feel like they fit in perfectly in a difficulty hack. They take a lot more thought than a single battle and as a format, I think they're underused in the main games. So I'm going to be making this a double battle focused hack. Every battle aside from the very first 'rival' battle in this hack is going to be Doubles. I want this to be something that'll set the hack out from others, but... I know that alone probably won't be enough.

Stuff like new Mega Evolutions and even regular evolutions, while definitely nice and something that can help add to the experience, aren't exactly novel anymore for hacking. Megas are super common in hacks and people add new Pokemon all the time, so while I want to make that something in the hack, I don't think it'll drive anyone in to try it...

So this hack is heavily focused on Double Battles... And the nuzlocking experience. I want to make this a hack that is made with Nuzlockes in mind. Better diversity obviously, interesting early game Pokemon, buffing Pokemon that traditionally aren't so strong... All these things are stuff I want to do.

So this thread is going to be used to document that journey a bit. I'm already making progress, I'm currently up to Route 104 and Petalburg Woods. I want to go through and kinda... Show things off, cause while I'm not anything special at hacking, this is the first time I felt like it was within reach for me to do it properly. The next post, which probably be next week, is gonna go into the Starter options I've chosen for the hack and things I've done to update them.

One line received a massive overhaul. One line got a few buffs to give it more to standout with. And one line was... Kinda nerfed a tiny bit. The next post is gonna go into my decisions and why I did what I did to each one of them. It'll take me a bit to collect my thoughts and figure out exactly what to say on each one, but... If this is something that interests you, if you play Pokemon hacks at all, I'll be happy to hear thoughts and input, cause I'm not a super objective audience when it comes to this sorta thing.

So that's it for now, this post is kinda boring, I know, but next time I'll have some actually interesting things to talk about.