Comrade Duck

Star Wars: The Boundless Few (OOC / PG-13 / Started / Now Accepting)

Our story takes place during the end of the Clone Wars. A hectic time of blood and war, where the Empire threatens to take over control of the galaxy. You are a new member of the legendary Bounty Hunter's Guild, and you will soon receive your first assignment...

"Your recent payments to us have slowed. Rather drastically at that, Bossk," spoke a hooded man over a hologram. "Do not forget the great debt you owe to us." The hologram ended and the hooded man disappeared. Bossk snarled and slammed his fist down over the console. "Boba!" he called out angrily. A large metallic door slid open silently and a bounty hunter resembling the Mandalorians, entered the room. "Gather your crew. I've got a new target for you. And this one's big," he growled as he turned around.

Boba looked to to Bossk. "How many of us for this job?" he asked to Bossk.

"Five. The bounty is a hundred million credits," Bossk said with a satisfied snap of his maw.

"A hundred million, huh? Then you're gonna use the greenies for something smaller, I take it?" the young Boba spoke up.

"I don't know their worth yet," Bossk went on. "I've got a job for them, so don't concern yourself. Gear up and get ready. You're going to the Corellian System."

The Fett nodded and exited the room with Bossk right behind him. Boba turned down a dark corridor and disappeared further into the bounty hunter compound. Meanwhile, Bossk entered the large, circular training hall where dozens of new recruits had gathered. He pointed out three of them and began barking orders. "You, you, and you. You've been randomly selected through vetting program, a.k.a, me. Get your shit together. You've got your first job. When you're ready, you'll find me in the hangar. You've got one hour."

Bossk has selected you and three others randomly and you're being pitted together to perform your first job. You've known each other only briefly, and you may have spoken once or twice in the training hall. Now, you're officially a part of the guild. It's time to make a name for yourselves and prove that you can handle the toughest title in the galaxy: Bounty Hunter.

Greetings everyone, and welcome to the official Out of Character Thread for "Star Wars: the Boundless Few". I'm your host, Comrade Duck, and I look forward to working with you. A few things to note:

1. All NCM and RP rules apply as long as you're posting on this forum board. If you're not familiar with the site rules, please do brush up on them and adhere to them at all times.
  2. Please, no god modding, power play, or unmitigated control of other people's characters without their approval.
  3. Your host(s) have final say. I'm not much for dictating other than general plot line, so we'll always have time to discuss things as to avoid general conflict. But once we all settle on something, it will be said and done.
  4. This is a PG-13 RP. Please keep things tame. (Swearing, blood, guts, and the like are fine. This is a Star Wars RP after all. But don't go overboard and draw attention from moderators.)
  5. Please try to post at a minimum of once per week.
  6. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to bring them to me (or a co-host if we have one) as soon as possible. I'd like to address your concerns in a timely manner to keep things moving smoothly.
  7. Have fun!

With that out of the way, you can find your character skeleton below for drafting your characters. I will be accepting a minimum of three applicants (not including myself) and an absolute maximum of five (including myself).

[Character Skeleton App]

Character Name: (Who, in the wide wide galaxy, are you?)

Character Race: (There are many races in the Star Wars universe to choose from. Get creative! And no, Sith Lord and Jedi Master are not a race.)

Character Age: (I suppose this depends on your character's race too.)

Character Description: (Please provide a minimum of five sentences of detail of your character's appearance. If you use an image, you can reduce that to three sentences.)
Character History: (I'm a big fan of reading biographies, so try to have fun with this bit. I'm mostly looking for how your character came into their current circumstances and decided to become a Bounty Hunter. How did they come to Bossk's guild?)

Character Arsenal: (This will be the most complex, but most fun part of the skeleton. Every bounty hunter needs an arsenal of weapons. What are yours? For balance purposes, you'll be limited to a total of five categories of weapons:

Primary
Secondary
Explosive
Utility
Melee

Don't hinder yourselves, but don't go overboard. Provide detail as best you can so we don't have too many balance issues.)

Miscellaneous: (Anything you feel that could not be covered in the character skeleton with the above provided sections. Does your character have an official theme song? Do they like toasted wookie flesh? Is there a girl worth fighting for back home that you conveniently forgot to mention until I made this vague Mulan reference? List it here!)

Character application due dates will be one week from today: May 19th, 2020. I will create a discord server for us to more easily communicate. I look forward to playing with you, ladies and gentlemen.
Edited by Comrade Duck

Well, barring any other problems arising, I am personally more invested in the bounty hunter story line. Hopefully, we can nab another player and I'll get a full OOC and discord going.

A little bit of clarity. You say Empire and Clone Wars at the same time. How far after Episode 3 are we? Has Rogue One happened yet?

5 minutes ago, MetalSonic said:

A little bit of clarity. You say Empire and Clone Wars at the same time. How far after Episode 3 are we? Has Rogue One happened yet?

I forgot clone wars ended after the empire was birthed ?. Let me do a little metagaming update.

EDIT: So this is right around the end of the clone wars where the Empire is coming into the picture and being created. They aren't a fully established "thing" yet. So no, Rogue One hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Comrade Duck

Spoiler

Character Name: (Who, in the wide wide galaxy, are you?) Grawbacca

Character Race: (There are many races in the Star Wars universe to choose from. Get creative! And no, Sith Lord and Jedi Master are not a race.) Wookie

Character Age: (I suppose this depends on your character's race too.) 200

Character Description: (Please provide a minimum of five sentences of detail of your character's appearance. If you use an image, you can reduce that to three sentences.)

Grawbacca is very tall, even for a Wookie. Rocking a rare black pelt, the fur on his head is made into dreadlocks while the fur on his front looks more well groomed. Grawbacca wears a brown bandolier that goes over both of his shoulders and connects at a belt. In addition, the bandolier has tough shoulder pads that look like they've seen better days. The most distinctive part about Grawbacca however are the various scars and burn marks over his body, indicating that he's no stranger to an all out fire fight. 

Character History: (I'm a big fan of reading biographies, so try to have fun with this bit. I'm mostly looking for how your character came into their current circumstances and decided to become a Bounty Hunter. How did they come to Bossk's guild?)

Grawbacca was a participant of the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars. However, after the war ended and the Galactic Empire formed, the Wookies were enslaved by Empire and forced into labor on various Imperial projects. Grawbacca was one of the unlucky ones sent to the Death Star. Grawbacca spent so much time on that project that he eventually lost the concept of time passing. There was just one endless string of unbroken time with nothing to distinguish one day from the rest. 

Grawbacca never knew exactly what the project would be when finished, but he often told himself that he didn't want to know, despite his dreams telling him otherwise. Given the physical abuse he received during his captivity, he and the other Wookies schemed to riot, but they would need a distraction. Not any distraction, but a big one that would allow them to escape.

One day, or at least he thought it was a day, a shuttle landed inside of one of the unfinished hangar bays. A man got off the shuttle, and the next thing Grawbacca knew, there was a riot breaking out as this man went on a rampage throughout the space station. That was the break they had been waiting for. Grawbacca made like a wild animal for the nearest ship he could find, knocking stormtroopers to the side and even ripping the arm off of one and knocking another stormtrooper down with it. He eventually made it to a TIE fighter and took off, but not without the ship being retaliated against. The ship took heavy damage, and Grawbacca didn't make it far before the fighter could no longer function. Grawbacca was left in the void of space with no way to contact anyone. He was certain that he would die out in the vacuum of space. He would've died if it hadn't been for a smuggler who found him floating through space named Jaret.

Thanks to his new partner Jaret, Grawbacca, honoring his people's traditions, swore a life debt to Jaret, and together, they would begin a new career as smugglers for the Hutt cartel. On a mission to transport millions of credits worth of exotic spices, the Empire caught them and Jaret had to ditch the cargo in space in order to lighten the load in order to gain enough speed to escape. That turned out to be the wrong move as now a bounty was on his head from the Hutts. In order to pay back the Hutts for their loss, Jaret found out about Bossk's guild and joined out of desperation, bringing Grawbacca along with him. Unfortunately, bounty hunters found him first and he was killed. Still loyal to his partner however, Grawbacca is honoring his life debt by continuing the plan to get the Hutts back their credits and continued on, even if he himself has some reservations about it.

Character Arsenal: (This will be the most complex, but most fun part of the skeleton. Every bounty hunter needs an arsenal of weapons. What are yours? For balance purposes, you'll be limited to a total of five categories of weapons:

Primary - bowcaster(naturally)
Secondary - n/a
Explosive - tb-47 time bombs
Utility - A bandolier containing synthrope, a droid popper, 
Melee - your arm, after ripping it off

Don't hinder yourselves, but don't go overboard. Provide detail as best you can so we don't have too many balance issues.)

Miscellaneous: (Anything you feel that could not be covered in the character skeleton with the above provided sections. Does your character have an official theme song? Do they like toasted wookie flesh? Is there a girl worth fighting for back home that you conveniently forgot to mention until I made this vague Mulan reference? List it here!)

Edited by MetalSonic

6 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

I forgot clone wars ended after the empire was birthed ?. Let me do a little metagaming update.

EDIT: So this is right around the end of the clone wars where the Empire is coming into the picture and being created. They aren't a fully established "thing" yet. So no, Rogue One hasn't happened yet.

Then how is Jango still alive? Because, um...

20 minutes ago, MetalSonic said:

Then how is Jango still alive? Because, um...

thats sposed to be boba. I thought jango died at the end not the beginning ?‍♂️

Spoiler

Character Name: Endaryn
Nicknames: Endo, Slay

Character Race: Nautolan

Character Age: 24

Character Description: Endaryn's stature rose far above those of the average Nautolan; at 210 centimeters, it would be hard-pressed to miss him in a crowd.  Accompanying his dramatic height is his dramatic outfit: a full-body ensemble with leg armor, a waist gadget belt, pauldrons, and a pair of protective, reactive gloves that sealed perfectly around his sleeves.  The outfit, styled in the crusader fashion of the past, also came with multiple modular layers and even a cutting cape from the back of his armor.  His muddy blue skin pocked with grey-blue dots was just a tad darker than the ocean blue of his armor, which went with black and gold accessory colors.  His eyes were angled slightly more than the average Nautolan, owing partially due to his slightly bigger than average head that accompanied his immense size. 

Image reference.

Character History: The first thing people notice about Endaryn, after his size, is his name: it has three syllables.  Endaryn was named Daryn, but a clerical error noted it down as Endaryn, and he's worn it ever since.  When he was but 8 years old, Glee Anselm experienced a tragic loss of life when an industrial accident poisoned the water of a Nautolan city; ten thousand Nautolans were sickened or died, including Endaryn's parents.  Uncontrollably angry, the young boy fled to the human-friendly towns on Glee Anselm and fell in with the undercity crowd.

Endaryn's growth exploded twice in puberty, and he was soon the tallest person in the room by age 13.  Unable to do discrete tasks for the rogues of his new family, he entered into youth sports where his advanced size and lack of empathy made the rogues a fortune by betting on the teams Endaryn was on.  After failing to throw a match to make even more money, a false accusation of sports betting was lobbied at Endaryn and he was banned from playing in leagues by the age of 16.  Unable to employ stealth, unable to play sports, he quickly found himself wanting revenge against those who had wronged him.

Endaryn was jailed at the age of 17 for the quadruple murder of Firo Ni, Trey Ni, Quar Ni, and Tork.  The four bounty hunters had been dispatched to rough Endaryn up as a warning and mark him for extortion, but Endaryn dispatched them from their lives and turned himself in.  While in prison off-world, he earned the nickname Endo from a Rodian when he successfully killed someone attempting to assault him during his first week.  Endo was given a wide latitude and ultimately was approached by multiple prison syndicates, eventually establishing himself as a wildcard who was both respected and feared by those in the prison complex.

Through favors done in prison, a Crimson Dawn member paid a handsome sum to Core lawyer who successfully lobbied for Endaryn's release on humanitarian grounds.  Having killed in self defense at a young age, the lawyer persuaded Nautolan authorities to release him with time served as punishment.  His record could not be sealed but Endaryn was now in debt to a member of Crimson Dawn.

Blacklisted, murderer, ex-con; all of these labels applied to Endo by the age of 19.  Over the next few years, he was tasked with living a simple life and waiting for his debt to be paid.  He moved back to Glee Anselm and worked as a coach for youth sports, occasionally giving speeches about living a reptentant life after crime.  By age 23 he had made a name for himself as a promisiong young coach and was approached about working in the big leagues, but it was then he was approached by the Crimson Dawn member.  Endo was given one task: find Bossk and become a bounty hunter under his employ, and await further instruction.  If he didn't, he would have his reputation ruined again and his career in sports, even as a coach, would be over.

Endo left Glee Anselm, ostensibly on sabbatical while the professional leagues of his homeworld investigated his youth charges to officially clear him for employ.  While looking for an opportunity to become a bounty hunter, he took the name Slay and paired up with a young Falleen named Xerith.  Xerith and Endo, young lovers, posed as pariahs and refugees to kill three bounties and gain entrance to Bossk's syndicate, Endo is now awaiting a chance at his first mission...

Character Arsenal:

Primary: N'Gant-Zarvel 9118 heavy carbine
Secondary: DC-17 hand blasters, dual
Explosive: Ion grenades
Utility: Utility belt (equipped with a fibercord grappling hook, a holoprojector, a holomap, a gaseous-atmosphere breather, survival rations, blaster packs, power packs, and detonator)
Melee: Vibroknuckler

Miscellaneous:  Xerith is, unbeknownst to Endo, employed by the Crimson Dawn agent as well.  They have the same mission, albeit Xerith is the backup in case Endo fails.

Edited by Velo
including image reference

Spoiler

Character Name: Halfsies (or Half for short)

Character Race: Clone

Character Age: 17 (physicality of a 34 due to Clones aging twice as quickly)

Appearance:

Spoiler

Halfsies has the most common face in the galaxy, quite literally. As a former member of the Republic Clone Army, he has the face and relative build of Jango Fett. He keeps his hair long, reaching just below his chin; it's a rebellion against his rigid clone training. It is typically pulled back into a tight top bun if he is expecting trouble. However, if he's allowed an instance to relax, he lets his hair down. He has an athletic build and stands 6 feet tall, like most clones. However, the thing that sets him most apart is the very obvious prosthetic arm (his right one, to be exact). It is sleek, crafted of a black metal alloy, and extends up beyond Halfsies elbow. Half makes no effort to hide his arm, even his armor has been tailored to reveal the prosthetic. Slightly less noticeable, Half's right foot, ankle, and lower shin are made of the same metal alloy. Like the arm, he doesn't hide it and usually opts to not wear a shoe on that foot. Halfsies has burn scars that lick up the right side of his body, peaking out onto his neck and just caressing his jaw. This is something he does try to hide, though the magnitude of them across his body and onto his face makes that difficult. Having long abandoned his clone uniform, Half typically wears a muted green poncho, thrown to the left side of course, over some basic armor plating designed to protect his vital organs.

Character History: 

Spoiler

Before Halfsies was Halfsies he was Roundhouse, a fun loving Clone Trooper that had a pension for causing trouble when he had too much to drink. Named after his first mission in the field, he had lost his blaster in the middle of a firefight and the other members of the 501st watched him destroy a couple of clankers in hand to metal hand combat. As a member of the 501st, Roundhouse was under the command of General Anakin Skywalker, someone he looked up to and admired. 

He fell on hard times during his mission on Lola Sayu. He and the rest of the 501st were tasked with retrieving a jedi master that had been captured by the separtist. While the mission was successful, he and another clone, Echo, were seemingly killed in try to secure his escape. His recollection of the events were hazy at best. He remembers droids converging on their location and taking both himself and Echo prisoner. Roundhouse tried to fight, but had been too badly wounded during the firefight, sustaining major damage to the right side of his body. He did not see Echo again for some time after that.

In the hands of the Separtists, Roundhouse was held prisoner in conditions that he just barely survived. He eventually wound up in the clutches of the Tech Union who were eager to experiment with his clone physique. They are responsible for replacing the most damaged parts of his body with the "clanker parts", as Halfsies refers to them. He was pretty sure he was going to die there, he saw little hope of ever escaping. While with the Tech Union he did see Echo again. They never had the chance to speak, in fact Roundhouse wasn't even sure Echo ever saw him, but it seemed that they were both the victims of Wat Tambor, the leader of the Tech Union's, dark delights. 

Roundhouse was afforded an opportunity to escape when the Republic attack the Tech Union's headquarters on Skako Minor. His brothers had returned to rescue him! Or so he had thought. Logically, he knows that if they had known he was there, they would have freed him. However, they were there for Echo. Roundhouse was still presumed dead. He made a choice then not to return to the Clone Army. He was going to turn his back on The Republic, but he was no friend of the Separtists either. He abandoned the name his brothers had given him and christened himself something more accurate. Half clanker, half clone. Halfsies.

With the enhancements that the Tech Union had done on his body, Halfsies found that he was even better suited for combat than before. With no other skills, he fell into a seedier life style. It started as doing some security work for some less than reputable folks. However, there was more money in taking a more...proactive approach in this violent line of work. He decided to try his hand at being a bounty hunter.

Character Arsenal: 

• Primary: The primary function of Half's prosthetic arm is found in the laser rifle that emerges from the forearm, the rifle can be set to a stun mode as well as lethal force.
  • Secondary: Half's secondary weapon is a smaller laser pistol that he keeps holstered and hidden beneath his poncho
  • Explosive: Half carries grenades that forgo concussive force and shrapnel for a sticky residue that will immobilize those in the vicinity of the detonation
  • Utility: The palm of Half's prosthetic arm is able to emit a pulse at a high enough frequency that over a short period of time is able to break up solid stone, metal bindings, and break bones if needed.
  • Melee: If all else fails, Half is more than capable of clobbering people upside the head with his metal arm.

Gentlemen, thank you for applying. I'm happy to announce that all of your applications have been accepted. As of this moment, I will not be introducing a character of my own to play. Instead, I will be sticking to NPCS. With that in mind, I hope to have the opening IC post up later tonight, if not first thing tomorrow. I'll also have a discord server up for us to better communicate. Expect that tomorrow, and I'll send you invites via Discord (since I already have the three of you there). I look forward to playing with you!