DaemonLord6787

Developing custom Magician Girl and Dark Magician Girl

Passionfruit
Once per turn: You can add 1 "Magician Girl" card (from where? Deck? GY? both?). This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. If this card is attacked: Special Summon 1 "Magician Girl" monster from your GY, then the attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK.

Nour
All "Magician Girl" monsters on the field gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can special summon 1 level 5 or lower "Magician Girl" monster from your hand, then change the target to it, and if you do, the attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK.

Blanc
All "Magician Girl" monsters on the field gain 500 DEF. Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can special summon 1 level 5 or lower "Magician Girl" monster from your hand, then change the target to it, and if you do, the attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK.

Cherry
When a "Magician Girl" monster is destroyed by battle or card effect: Special summon this card (from where?). All other "Magician Girl" monsters on the field cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Banana
Once per turn: You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. (Once per turn?), if this card is targeted by an attack: The attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK, then special summon 1 "Magician Girl" monster from your hand, Deck or GY, then change the attack target to it.

Grape
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When this card is Summoned: Add 2 "Magician Girl" monsters from your Deck to your hand. (Once per turn?), if this card is targeted by an attack: The the attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK, then special summon 1 "Magician Girl" monster from your hand, Deck or GY, then change the attack target to it.

Will correct the rest later and gradually. For comments, Noir and Blanc are the weakest so far, IMO. I'm concerned about Passionfruit lacking a "hard OPT" (You can only use this effect of X once per turn) on the search effect. Banana seems fine to me, and I have my doubts on Grape because IDK how easy or difficult it will be to Special Summon it with the support is already has with the support it gets in your set, I have not read all the cards yet. Not a fan of not only both Banana and Grape having the same second effect, also that they Summon a Magician Girl monster from pretty much anywhere, making them a bit too safe to play unlike Chocolate that needs a target in the GY ans is known by both players, and Berry that does Summon from the Main Deck in exchange of stats and no attack redirection.

Edited by God of Pink Hair Girls

3 hours ago, DaemonLord6787 said:

For Passion Fruit what do you mean lacking a hard OPT

A "hard OPT" is when a card says "You can only activate this effect of <This Card> once per turn" or some slight variation of that. What you have, the "Once per turn: You can do this thing," is called a "soft OPT." They may seem very similar, but there is a difference between the two.

• Soft OPTs can be activated multiple times per turn if you have multiple copies of that card on the field. If you have more than one Passionfruit, you can search a card for each one of them. Additionally, if you are able to remove a Passionfruit from your field and put it back within the same turn, you can use the effect of that card twice in the same turn.
  • Hard OPTs do not allow for any of that. If you activate Passionfruit's effect to search for a card, you cannot activate the same effect for other Passionfruits you have on the field. If you remove and return that Passionfruit, it will not be able to use its effect a second time.

I cannot really say much about the cards you made as these days I am only familiar with Yugioh via Duel Links, and in there I have not had much experience with Magician Girls. At the very most I may have ran one or two in a very early (and bad) deck that tried to Fusion Summon Quintet Magician.

3 hours ago, A Background Creator said:

A "hard OPT" is when a card says "You can only activate this effect of <This Card> once per turn" or some slight variation of that. What you have, the "Once per turn: You can do this thing," is called a "soft OPT." They may seem very similar, but there is a difference between the two.

• Soft OPTs can be activated multiple times per turn if you have multiple copies of that card on the field. If you have more than one Passionfruit, you can search a card for each one of them. Additionally, if you are able to remove a Passionfruit from your field and put it back within the same turn, you can use the effect of that card twice in the same turn.
  • Hard OPTs do not allow for any of that. If you activate Passionfruit's effect to search for a card, you cannot activate the same effect for other Passionfruits you have on the field. If you remove and return that Passionfruit, it will not be able to use its effect a second time.

I cannot really say much about the cards you made as these days I am only familiar with Yugioh via Duel Links, and in there I have not had much experience with Magician Girls. At the very most I may have ran one or two in a very early (and bad) deck that tried to Fusion Summon Quintet Magician.

Ok thank you for explaining it