(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega [OOC/CLOSED/PG-16]

bro.png

OP - HERO TOO - KYOKA JIRO STARRING CHRISSY COSTANZA

Welcome to the Platinum Age of Heroes! The up-and-coming pro heroes right now are widely considered the strongest, coolest, and most capable of all time, and like anything else incredible, they inspire more to greatness. Despite dark shadows of events ten years previous, today is a bright one, full of promise and wonder. With the country in a time of unprecedented peace and record-low villain activity due to the vigilant watch of the Hero Association, everyone has a chance to relax, and...

REACH HIGHER!

With the idea of "Max Omega" visible just by looking out to the streets, who will manage to go Far Beyond it?

What This Is
This RP serves as a sequal to the YCM RP Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega. It takes place ten years afterward, so having participated in or even read the original is not required at all, but if you have there will be plenty of references and cameos to scratch that nostalgia itch for an RP cut short too soon.

Characters in this RP will be first-year students in the Hero Course. They will have already passed the entrance exam, and things will be starting off on the first day of school. Expect a much more laid-back, slice of life style of RP, though I assure you there is a planned overarching plot, and in my personal opinion, it's a really good one.

Rules

We are all here to have fun. Don't try to take that away from someone.
100 words minimum for posts. That good old advanced clause that rinne made to pull us out of the caves and make us use tools to hunt.
I am using this rule to say that any amount of ghosting punishment is waived. I understand if you can't post. People have lives, people have stress, and honestly, I even understand if you just can't find a muse to do it. Hyde and I can control your character whenever need be to keep the plot moving, so just be open with us about your situation.
Me, myself, and I reserve the right to control your character whenever need be to keep the plot moving. Mostly this will happen with your guidance, just to make larger posts flow better, but we will also write out any characters that leave the RP.
Just don't be a dick. It was already rule 1, but it's important. This rule is for you Hyde. Yeah, you. Don't be a dick

Character Application

Optional Picture
optional quote
Name: keep in mind most characters will be japanese
Age: keep in mind that your character will almost certainly be 15, unless they have special circumstances
Birthday:
Pictures are fine. Provide a height, at least.
Personality: The most important field. Tell us about them, tell us who they are. Tell us why they act the way they act, and how they act for that matter.
Biography: yeah. I know i have spoken out against this. It's required anyway, i changed my mind.
Quirk: I want everyone to have a quirk they are really happy with, so expect lots of talk about this while we work out kinks. What does it do? What is it capable of? What are the weaknesses?

As a general rule, you can feel free to deviate from this app format literally however, this is just a setup I have seen have a lot of success. If you want anything kept hidden from other players, just let me know. I love that shit, so I will gladly work with you.

Database

Top 10 Heroes

1.) Spectrum Hero: Rainbow Six

2.) PSI Hero: Psyshock

3.) Unflinching Hero: Collider
4.) Force Hero: Greenshift
5.) Crystal Hero: Ruby Heart
6.)
7.)
8.) Avalanche Hero: Kōryu
9.) Thirst-Quenching Hero: Refreshment Man
10.)

Edited by (o ×)
See you space cowboy

I left for an hour...tops...and then this happens...

Sigh yeah I'm in...

What's Up Danger?

Spoiler

“This is my chance to prove myself...just need to take the leap of faith.”

Personal Information
Character Name: Benjamin “Ben” O’Hara
Birthday: August 15th
Appearance:

Spoiler

ad89afb51a7b96df363009984d4f030ca090b523
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 140 lbs

Personality:

Spoiler

Benjamin is a kind-hearted and loyal individual who is always there to lend a hand. Along with this, he has a habit of being quite sarcastic and loves to make jokes, if only to lighten the mood or even to poke fun at the baddies with his quips. His reasoning is that "it makes the bad guys talk more...ya know, monologue", which also tends to cause the opponent to slip or trip up in their movements and such (unless they have an amazingly focused mind). Aside from this, Benjamin is also quite the athlete, needing to keep himself in fit condition just due to the nature of his Quirk (if anything just to make sure the spiders don’t get lazy either), along with quite a whiz with computers and general programming (he’s good for a teenager anyway).

However, he isn’t without his faults. The biggest fault that Benjamin has is his fears, namely the fear of being inadequate when it comes to being a Hero. When he was saved and went on continuing to chase the dream of being a Hero that fateful day, Benjamin had developed a fear of inadequacy of being able to be on the same level or greater than the Hero that saved him. With this fear, it makes him try harder in situations, which will ultimately cause him to stumble and fall in the final execution. Benjamin also has a tendency to get quite upset if someone trash talks his favorite Hero and will actually take it as an insult.

Backstory:

Spoiler

“It took one day and one Hero to put me on this track. I’m honoring her memory...”

Benjamin O’Hara was born in the U.S., more specifically New York, to Miles and Felicia O’Hara. His father was an IT worker for a company, with a second generation colony of spiders Quirk, and his mother was a stay-at-home mom, with a Quirk that allowed her to have a psychic link and control cats. They had quite a bit of a happy life, until Miles got put on a contract with the company that required him to take him and his family to Japan in order to work properly at their Japanese branch. Truly this would’ve been the best thing for Benjamin, given that he really didn’t have much of anything really when he lived in New York...barely and friends, so he wasn’t leaving behind anything. Besides, moving to Japan...which basically had an amazing set of Heroes...plus, it gave him access to U.A, what more could a kid want?

During his time in Japan, his Quirk finally manifested and it seemed to deal with him housing spiders and was literally a hive of numbers of spiders and these spiders would end up listening to Benjamin’s commands, a Quirk truly meshed together from his parents. What was more, the Spider Colony Quirk seemed to grant him a larger colony than his father and even grandfather. It was an interesting Quirk to say the least, but at the same time, Benjamin seemed to be a bit disappointed by the revelation of what his Quirk ended up doing...so much so that he pretty much gave up his dream of being a Hero and just follow in his father’s footsteps and be an IT worker, which made sense he was already good with computers and servers already. It was just a choice that made sense…

Well...that was until one day...

Call it fate or call it Benjamin being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but this was the turning point in his life. The young man found himself in a building, namely just hanging out with a few of his friends, but this proved to be not the best idea. To the present day, he still isn’t sure what caused the event to occur, be it a villain or terrorist attack, or if it was just an earthquake...but one thing remained sure: he was in the moment where the building he was in no longer was stable and was falling. His other friends were able to get out before things got bad, but Benjamin wasn’t so lucky. He was alone and feeling this strong feeling of fear and anxiety, even feeling the fact that he might actually die. That might’ve been the reality, if she didn’t appear. A Hero, a spider-legged girl, came to his rescue and did what she could to stop the building’s fall. It was a spectacle and an amazing feat to be sure, and that this Hero saved him...it amazed him so much. Unfortunately, once he got out of the building and tried to find the Hero who saved him...it was too late. She was gone...passed from the mortal coil. Days later, Benjamin attended the funeral for her, in tears about seeing this amazing Hero go and not even getting a chance to tell her ‘Thank you’. He was devastated, knowing that Sayaka Hachimoto...Eight-Legged Hero - Silky, was gone.

This did, however, re-spark the burning desire to become a Hero. If she was someone that was able to stop a falling building and save someone like him, then surely he had the responsibility to make sure he could do the same for others. Thus, Benjamin began to train hard on his Quirk in order to better prepare himself to enroll for U.A. His mission: to be a Hero that Silky would be proud to see if she still lived and to do what he could to make his life matter, to save others just like she did.

Hero Information
Hero Name: Arachnid Hero - Multi-Threader
Quirk:

Spoiler

Quirk Name: Spider Colony
Type: Mutant-Projection Hybrid
This Quirk has Benjamin’s body being turned into a living hive to house creatures, in this case spiders, in a symbiotic nature. Due to the nature of this Quirk, Benjamin is able to house and control spiders to assist him, though this is mainly affecting the ones currently housed within him due to them being more naturally attuned to him. Benjamin can communicate with the spiders via a psychic-link, but this can only occur within body range, if they're out of his range there will be no two-way communication. He utilizes them in a number of applications:

• Swarming an enemy to distract them/wrap them in webbing
  • Creating webbing constructs (such as tripwires, ropes, nets, etc.)
  • Having the spiders cover his hands and feet in webbing allowing him to crawl on walls

Benjamin’s Quirk, unfortunately, has one glaring issue: the spiders themselves are weak. Individually, they are pretty easy to deal with, just like how anyone else would deal with spiders.

Signature Moves:

Spoiler

Currently none present...yet

Costume Idea:

Spoiler

9a8b847385725f51a729b6b79d84b903.jpg

This is Benjamin’s Alpha costume that he designed for himself. Although generally basic, he figures the future installments of his costume can assist him and his Quirk where they fall short. At the same time, he took inspiration off of several vigilantes’ styles.

Miscellaneous Information
Benjamin’s Theme | Battle Theme

• Benjamin's name is derived from two separate Marvel "Spider-Men": Benjamin/Ben - His first name is based off of the clone of Peter Parker, "Ben Reilly", the Scarlet Spider. O'Hara - The last name is from the geneticist known as "Miguel O'Hara", the Spider-Man of the year 2099.
  • Benjamin's parents' names are also derived from Marvel characters associated with Spider-Man: Miles O'Hara - His name is actually based upon the new Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe "Miles Morales". Felicia O'Hara - Her name is based upon the ally that Spider-Man has, "Felicia Hardy", otherwise known as Black Cat.
  • Benjamin's birthday, August 15th, is a reference to the first appearance of Spider-Man in "Amazing Fantasy #15" in August 1962.
  • Other ideas for Benjamin’s Hero Name consisted of: “Web-Slinging Hero - Arachnid”, “Webbed Hero - Weaver”, and “Spider Hero - Anansi”/”Spider Hero - Webslinger”.
  • This is the second iteration of this character. The original version of this character originally debuted in “Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods”, in which Benjamin was simply known as the alias of “Arachnid”. A difference from that version was that he got his superpowers from Anansi, along with him being an aspiring writer and storyteller himself.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

Justice Rekindled

dianabannerneo.png
"A hero is someone who protects those who can't protect themselves."

Name
Diana Seigi

Birthday
December 14

Appearance
original_drawn_by_eternity_pixiv8012826_
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 149 lb
Bust: C cup

Personality
Diana is a lively and brave girl with a love for justice. With a grin on her face and her fingers extended in a V for victory, she tears through life with a love for new experiences and justice for all.

She has a quick wit when it comes to puzzles and debates, but she tends to be oblivious in day-to-day life, missing out on many social cues, due to her foreign upbringing. This, of course, carries with it a penchant for yelling in English. And rocking out to music in English. Basically, expect copious amounts of English.

Additionally, she is not the type to jump at her first instinct, most of the time. She tries to weight a situation before she takes the plunge.

The one thing she will not tolerate is unfair treatment of others, and she will do anything in her power to stop any injustice.

Biography
Diana was born in America, to a young American father and Japanese mother. Until the age of 13, she lived in California with her family, a happy little girl, although she had no quirk. This led to trouble early on as her quirk did not exhibit itself, causing the rest of the kids with the quirks to either pick on her or be picked on themselves. Due to this, she ended up being a bit of a lonely child, with no friends to really call her own.

However, despite how much she got mocked and tormented by her classmates with quirks, how miserable it made her... She got to the point where she could not stand to see the others mocked. She began to stand up to the bullies, drawing attention to herself to draw it away from the others like her, causing her to be the main target. Any burns or scrapes they would have received were taken by her instead. And, despite the pain, Diana felt... good about it. She couldn't describe it, but it made her almost happy to be their hero. And so become their hero she did.

As the kids grew up, Diana began to actively fight back, getting more and more hurt each time. While the injuries never seemed to last too long, she somehow ended up on the short end of the stick, receiving the blame for what occurred in almost all of the incidents. All she had were her hands and feet, yet she got blamed for provoking the others, who somehow ended up more damaged than her. Eventually, one of these events led to her discovering that she was, in fact, not quirkless...

But the other girl was left in critical condition, and it led to Diana's expulsion. While her parents did not blame her for what happened, she could not enroll in any schools for quite a distance around, and they felt the only choice was to return to her mother's home, a Japanese farm. A change of scenery, fresh air, and routine work would be good for her. She tried to fight it, but her parents saw no other option, even if it meant her dad leaving his job. She felt like she had to start from zero, with a language she barely knew any of. And her grandparents saw her as a delinquent, much like she had been in the US.

After a few years on the farm and much learning of Japanese later, Diana was old enough to enroll in UA. Seeing a chance to escape the countryside, on top of a chance to help more people, she applied with her parents' blessing. With a tearful and nervous farewell, they sent her off to UA, watching as their little girl went off to become a Hero of Justice.

Quirk
It's a spoiler. Duh.

Despite clear information not being known to many outside of her teachers and family, the basics of her quirk seem to entail greatly enhanced strength and movement speed, reminiscent of a superhero from old comic books.

Miscellaneous

• Diana
  • Fight for the Downtrodden
  • Always wears her hair over her right eye.
  • She has difficulty writing.
  • While she can speak Japanese fine, she throws English in where she is unsure what to say, or if she doesn't quite understand what's being said. 
  • She also uses English for fun, because it's what comes naturally.
  • more later maybe idk

Hmm... I'm thinking of joining, but I'm not sure if the guy I'm thinking of would be able to pass the entrance exam with a Quirk that lets him breathe viruses that he can't even fully control. Anyone want to discuss with me on this?

Also, out of curiosity, who is the number one hero currently, and who currently wields One For All?

2 minutes ago, Paragon of Mystery said:

Hmm... I'm thinking of joining, but I'm not sure if the guy I'm thinking of would be able to pass the entrance exam with a Quirk that lets him breathe viruses that he can't even fully control. Anyone want to discuss with me on this?

Also, out of curiosity, who is the number one hero currently, and who currently wields One For All?

Calm down fugo. That's definitely a tricky quirk, but if it has non-lethal applications we might be able to make it work.

The number one hero is called Spectrum Hero: Rainbow Six.

One for all does not exist in this AU.

Just now, (JoJo) said:

Calm down fugo. That's definitely a tricky quirk, but if it has non-lethal applications we might be able to make it work.

The number one hero is called Spectrum Hero: Rainbow Six.

One for all does not exist in this AU.

Okay, so the Quirk turns the user's lungs into a factory of viruses. The "default" form of the viruses is vulnerable to light and air, vanishing after just five minutes, but once inside a human host, it attacks the lungs, causing a disease similar to The Reason We Have So Much Free Time These Days, but worse and more fatal. However, with practice (and you can bet the user got lots) every aspect of the virus can be controlled, from what it's vulnerable to, like ultraviolet light or air, what lifeforms it attacks, what symptoms it causes, and even whether or not it changes the DNA (don't worry, altering the genome is a looooooooong way away for the user). Currently, the user is able to control how long the virus lives when exposed to certain stimuli like ultraviolet light, make it target pigs, mice, and monkeys instead of humans, and alter the type and lethality of the symptoms, as well as how long the disease lasts. He can even make a virus that completely cripples you with respiratory disease, but disappears after a couple days with few lasting effects (unless you're immunocompromised or already sick, in which case there may be a lawsuit in his future).

It does have a lot of nonlethal applications like making villains sick, increasing allies' physical abilities, and committing bacterial genocide, but if we're doing the same entrance exam as canon, I see little way this ability can damage the robots. After all, they aren't living things. The only way I can see him getting in is through recommendations or if UA has taken Aizawa's advice and changes the entrance exam to more accurately test non-combat-type Quirks.

Spoiler

Ayane_SpeedyNoBG.png

"Why do I want to be a hero? Pfft. Why DON'T I want to!?"

Name: Ayane Ukemei (受姪 綾音)
Birthday: December 24th

Appearance:

Spoiler

Ayane_Speedy.png

art by

Height: 5'5"

Aside from her UA uniform, Ayane's clothes very rarely fit her correctly. Generally speaking, they're just a little bit too big. As a result, her sleeves tend to be rolled up out of habit, no matter what she's wearing.

Personality:

Spoiler

Appropriately for someone with a sound-based Quirk, Ayane is a loud and boisterous person. If there's a spotlight to be found, she'll likely try to take it, bathing in the attention of onlookers as she pushes herself however hard she must to prove her worth. Even if praised for working hard though, she has trouble processing and accepting compliments. She also has trouble giving them out. In fact, she's pretty bad at conversation in general, but this is most certainly not for lack of trying. Ayane - though extroverted - is used to acting aggressively, and although she's changed her ways, her rough attitude still remains from her past.

This rough attitude flares up greatly in the face of blatant wastefulness. Getting rid of something simply because when it's still perfectly useful is the surefire fastest way to anger Ayane. Which is a problem, since Ayane is a nasty hoarder. Anything with any sort of functional use is something Ayane will be hard-pressed to get rid of. She is also an incredibly frugal spender when she spends, very rarely buying anything at full price. It's a firm belief of hers that a hero's job isn't simply to defeat the villain and save the day, but to act as a role model for the masses. By her own admittance, Ayane isn't very good at that. Her rough personality, multiple fuses for her temper, and thirst for verification, are traits she thinks aren't becoming of a hero.

However, despite everything, Ayane is great with kids.

Biography:

Spoiler

(redacted and shared with host)

Quirk - Compose:

Spoiler

Ayane's Quirk allows her to turn sound waves she causes into matter, but only for a very short time. Lower frequencies are harder and smoother, while higher frequencies are sharper and more frail. Because the duration is so short and each sound can only be converted once, prolonged usage of this Quirk requires a rapid string of sounds to be created.

Misc

Spoiler

Makes a point to volunteer to help the homeless at least once every other week. This used to be once every week, but Ayane had to cut her visits down to prepare for and now take classes at U.A.

Static Sniper

Spoiler

yumi.png

"Having a good Quirk is nice and all, but I'd much rather someone say something nice about my cooking or something."

Name: Yumi Omuro
Birthday: June 21st

Appearance:

Spoiler

89IABUM.jpg

Height: 5'9"

Personality:

Spoiler

In a stark contrast to her high-impact Quirk, Yumi is a rather low-profile person. Not prone to flights of fancy or emotional outbursts, she is a calm, mild-mannered girl with an overall positive view on the world around her. Mostly content to go with the flow, she isn't easily disappointed, shrugging it all off, because things do happen, and nobody's perfect. The most standout trait of Yumi is how much effort she'll put into something once she's decided on a course of action. While she's rather slow to make a choice, once she makes one, she'll stick to her guns and put in an amount of effort that belies her relaxed and slow-paced personality.

Since she prefers to take her time with things, though, Yumi isn't well suited to fast-paced competition, especially when her Quirk needs time to be useful. While she's pretty good at listening to and trusting her instincts in the heat of the moment, really thinking on her toes is very much not her strong suit. She doesn't have any trouble accepting praise, but she would admittedly rather not receive it in the first place, particularly in regards to her Quirk. Likewise, she won't likely praise others based purely on the merits of their own Quirks, since they aren't something one chooses to be born with. She simply got lucky with genetics, and that's all there is to it in her eyes. If her praise involves someone's Quirk, it will be less about having a good Quirk, and more about good use of one's Quirk.

Biography:

Spoiler

Yumi was born into an incredibly normal family. Her mother had no Quirk, and her father was able to recharge electronics, and when Yumi's Quirk developed, it was clear that she had inherited her father's Quirk and immediately dialed it up to eleven. When other children wanted to see what she was capable of, Yumi became the talk of the school when she demonstrated by firing a bolt of lightning into the sky that briefly caused a blackout in the school just by proximity. Thing is, Yumi never asked for overwhelming electric power. So she didn't make a big deal of it, and by not drawing attention to it, the hype about her Quirk gradually died out.

The result was being able to live an incredibly normal life, albeit with a highly unrefined Quirk since she pretty much never used it. Yumi simply coasted along throughout her school years with middling grades and a small list of friends. Then, junior high began to draw near its end, and it was time to think about what Yumi wanted to do with the rest of her life. For the first time in quite some time, Yumi put some serious consideration into her Quirk as a factor. She was given incredible power, and even that was with almost never using it. With some training, Yumi imagined it would easily be pro hero material. Letting power like that go to waste on something mundane like a hair stylist or geologist would just be shameful, especially when it could go into a well-paying profesesion that worked to make the world a better place.

Realistically, although it wasn't her usual course of action of picking the path of least resistance, aspiring to pro heroism seemed like the natural best option. Yumi wrote the profession down as her second choice in the top three careers she'd like, and when it was time, tried to apply to UA. If she passed, Yumi would walk the path of heroes. And if not, she'd just go to a normal schoool and aspire to something simple. Fate seemed to be knocking on her door at the time though, as while she barely made the cut, Yumi was indeed accepted into UA, being the overall lowest scorer out of everyone who passed, and only getting in because she was right at the cutoff for new students the school could accept.

And so, while it would certainly be an uphill battle, Yumi's journey down the path of becoming a pro hero began.

Quirk - Charge:

Spoiler

Yumi's Quirk allows her to build up and unleash high quantities of electricity. While the range, power, and precision of her bolts are impressive, this Quirk's greatest drawback is in its name. Yumi needs to charge up before firing, and since she needs to concentrate to build up power, this makes her effectively Quirkless in situations where an enemy is right next to her.

You Can't Stop Her

Spoiler

shes_the_juggernaut_bitch.png

"Keep moving forward. Once you stop, that's it."

Name: Shinobu Renkou (煉行 忍)
Birthday: July 6th

Appearance:

Spoiler

hFYaSKI.png

Height: 4'11"

Personality:

Spoiler

At the core of her lifestyle and philosophy is the simple phrase, keep moving forward. Shinobu is rarely the type to hold grudges or linger on what used to be, preferring to keep her attention on the present and future. She also makes no shortage of effort to better herself, correcting any flaws she or others point out, believing that no matter how well she's done, it can always be better. She won't waste any time proving her worth either, and even when praised for a job well done, she'll simply brush it off with any number of excuses that she shouldn't be praised in the first place.

Biography:

Spoiler

From the very beginning, Shinobu's lot in life was predetermined. As soon as her Quirk was discovered, especially with how potent it was, her parents had decided that she ought to be a pro hero. Expectations were high for Shinobu's ability to succeed, especially when being raised in a pretty wealthy family. And while by any regular metric, Shinobu was doing incredibly well for her age, she was rated on an unfair metric that put her up in comparison to pro heroes with years of experience. Realistically, this meant Shinobu would never be good enough. If not for the fact that she wanted to be a hero herself, liking the job even more than she disliked her family, this would have driven her away from the career.

So why pro hero? After all, she hates the people pushing her to follow that career, and the salary is irrelevant to her. Well, a large part of it is the admiration heroes get for a job well done. But it also was work that truly made the world a better place, and finding work as a hero wasn't hard at all, meaning she'd always have something to keep her occupied. Not to mention she'd never really had the chance to consider other lines of work. To Shinobu, it was either pro hero or shameful unemployment. With all her eggs in one basket, Shinobu applied for UA and only UA, and was among the top scorers in the practical exam simply because of her Quirk.

Quirk - Bulldozer:

Spoiler

On top of heavily reinforced bones, Shinobu's Quirk grants her an additional ability to negate any external sources that would affect her momentum. While it doesn't grant her super speed, this does allow Shinobu to become effectively unstoppable once she starts moving if she so desires.

Anti-Hero

Spoiler

MayuCommNoBG.png

"Best way to get a villain out of the job? Make an example of someone stronger than him."

Name: Mayu Oozei
Birthday: April 16th

Appearance:

Spoiler

MayuComm.png

art by

Height: 5'7"

Personality:

Spoiler

Although she's unquestionably a person who does good things, it's hard to make an argument that Mayu is a good person. What she makes up for in tenacity, leadership, and a genuine drive to do the right thing, she lacks in just about every other quality one might expect of a hero. Although a capable leader, Mayu prefers to work alone, and if made to work in a group, will try to take control whenever possible. She's harsh, blunt, and dislikes being seen as inferior. With these traits, one might expect aggression and recklessneses as well, but those are in fact traits Mayu frowns upon. She prefers to think things through and come up with a solid plan of action, rather than shoot first and ask questions later.

One of Mayu's better qualities is her honesty. Although she could do with some lessons in humility and a sense of shame or honor, Mayu isn't really the type to lie, since she has nothing to gain from it most of the time. Strong moral compass though she may have, Mayu was still raised by and as a villain, and some of the behaviors she learned as such still show to this day. Her own best interests are a very high priority, she values strength as a sign of merit, and when she sets her mind to a goal, there are very few limits to how far she'll go to achieve it.

Biography:

Spoiler

If asked about her childhood, she'll admit that there's a lot Mayu doesn't know. Who her birth parents are, where she was born, and more are little details that she never could figure out. What she does know is that when she was a little girl, with a Quirk she couldn't really control at the time, she was taken in by a villain. A villain who planned to raise and hone her as a weapon to be turned against hero society. Through a combination of a high-utility Quirk, not knowing any better - least of all when living in Starkiller City - and conditioned grit, Mayu over the course of her childhood was sharpened from an innocent little girl to a potent anti-hero weapon.

However, that plan fell through spectacularly two years after Starkiller City was established, when Starkiller itself fell through in a UA raid. Mayu's mentor was among the captured villains, and when the dust had settled, this child who didn't know any better than to try and fight the would-be heroes had to be dealt with. Mayu was put into the custody of a pro hero, who in turn taught her more appropriate aspirations than destroying hero society. That hero was Orikami, and while Mayu's new mentorship was met with plenty of resistance at first, once the girl had settled down and started listening, a few things became clear.

Firstly, and most importantly, Mayu had an incredible moral compass. It simply never saw any use due to her surroundings, but Mayu was not only able to easily identify the morally good course of action, but often preferred to take it. Secondly, she was a very intelligent girl, whose mastery of her Quirk was far greater than her age would suggest. While getting her to do a full 180 to become a typical heroic hero seemed impossible - the very idea of her being like that making her laugh to this day - teaching Mayu the difference between good and evil was a breeze, and when it was time to start thinking about the future, Mayu decided she wanted to be a pro hero.

It was, simply put, the most beneficial career path. It was challenging work that not only paid well, but also got you into the favor of the general public and even other pro heroes, which were powerful allies to have. It was also a much more stable job than turning to villainy, due to the lack of risk of being arrested. Being a difficult job also meant Mayu wouldn't get bored or run out of new forms of adversity anytime soon, and having been initially raised with a villain's mindset meant Mayu knew how to think like the bad guys she was supposed to track down. In short, becoming a pro hero was ironically the perfect job for someone initially raised to kill pro heroes. When it was time to apply for hero schools, Mayu aimed straight for the top where she belonged, following up on a recommendation to UA by Orikami, and nailed the exams.

Quirk - Eyesenal:

Spoiler

Mayu's Quirk has two functions. Firstly, she's capable of briefly manifesting eyes at any point on her person. Secondly, her eyes are capable of firing blasts of energy in various styles to serve different purposes. However, creating too many eyes at once can damage her vision for a short time.

Edited by yui

7 hours ago, Paragon of Mystery said:

Okay, so the Quirk turns the user's lungs into a factory of viruses. The "default" form of the viruses is vulnerable to light and air, vanishing after just five minutes, but once inside a human host, it attacks the lungs, causing a disease similar to The Reason We Have So Much Free Time These Days, but worse and more fatal. However, with practice (and you can bet the user got lots) every aspect of the virus can be controlled, from what it's vulnerable to, like ultraviolet light or air, what lifeforms it attacks, what symptoms it causes, and even whether or not it changes the DNA (don't worry, altering the genome is a looooooooong way away for the user). Currently, the user is able to control how long the virus lives when exposed to certain stimuli like ultraviolet light, make it target pigs, mice, and monkeys instead of humans, and alter the type and lethality of the symptoms, as well as how long the disease lasts. He can even make a virus that completely cripples you with respiratory disease, but disappears after a couple days with few lasting effects (unless you're immunocompromised or already sick, in which case there may be a lawsuit in his future).

It does have a lot of nonlethal applications like making villains sick, increasing allies' physical abilities, and committing bacterial genocide, but if we're doing the same entrance exam as canon, I see little way this ability can damage the robots. After all, they aren't living things. The only way I can see him getting in is through recommendations or if UA has taken Aizawa's advice and changes the entrance exam to more accurately test non-combat-type Quirks.

So literally purple haze distortion.

Being recommended is an option, though there would be an independent test for those recommended that I'll work out for them.

Do you have discord?

I've got a vague idea on a character potentially, so noting interest. Not promising that character creation will be a success, but working on an idea at least.

12 hours ago, (JoJo) said:

So literally purple haze distortion.

Being recommended is an option, though there would be an independent test for those recommended that I'll work out for them.

Do you have discord?

I do have Discord, but I try to avoid PMing people if I can.

Also, I haven't read Purple Haze Feedback yet so if Distortion is some upgraded form of Purple Haze I won't get that reference.

J'adoube

Spoiler

png-ensemble-stars-rendering-arashi-ches
"The blunders are all there on the board, waiting to be made."
Name: Takehiko Kanda
Birthday: December 28th

Spoiler

Appearance:  A rather noble-looking individual who keeps himself dressed prim and proper. Keeps an earpiece for issuing commands to his 'units'.

Spoiler

Personality: They want to be a hero in order to build connections with people, showing what focused units can do and wanting to be an example to non-heroes for what they can do if they come together. They're very direct and focused, needing to keep track of everything going on. To some extent they even keep a small notebook in order to track tactics for longer engagements as well as when they're talking to people so that they can keep records of how people respond to certain things.

Spoiler

Biography: Takehiko was born to two Ex-Sidekicks in who have since hung up their hero mantles and with it many of their aspirations. His mother's quirk isn't much to speak of, she can merely shape paste-like substances into a small cube that can fit into the palm of her hand. His father's quirk simply lets him encase things using materials he can find around. Recently together they've decided to open an ice cream stall selling Monaka, showing what their abilities can do to bring smile's to people's faces together! When their son was old enough to learn they had a quirk, they were actually.. rather shocked to say the least. They weren't sure what combination of genetics had resulted in the quirk, but the smile it had brought to their faces is something Takehiko remembers well, and hopes he can bring that same kind of smile to everyone else. His parents pulled a string with their old Hero Boss to see if they could get Takehiko in on recommendation, to which he was invited to their Agency to check out... 

Spoiler

Quirk: Chess. The power to use the abilities of chess pieces and switch between them as 'modes'. Mode: Pawn. Pawn can clone up to 8 mindless copies of itself that require direct orders.

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

In Memoriam

Spoiler

YF1aBtd.jpg?1

"I'll remember that."

Name: Kio Akagi
Birthday: June 4th
Appearance: 

Spoiler

kpOEGT3.jpg

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 170 lbs

Personality: 

Spoiler

Competitive to a fault, Kio is always looking to challenge himself.  He wishes to improve himself, day after day, as a person and as a Hero-in-Training.  He's incredibly bright thanks to his perfect photographic memory, and usually likes to spit out random facts to whoever has the time of day to hear him spew such things for hours on end.  However, he tends to get bored easily, and seeks out things that are exciting.  He is rather approachable, even when his usual demeanor is rather stoic.  However, if he sees anyone as interesting, he'll try to befriend them in an attempt to learn everything about that person.  He has a habit of copying people's mannerisms as well, since he can't come up with his own.

Biography: 

Spoiler

If Kio wanted to, he could easily narrate his life story by himself.  Kio was born with a photographic memory, and can remember everything that's happened to him in the course of about 13 years.  His infancy is the only part that is hazy.  Kio believed himself to be quirkless for the longest time, until he started playing sports with his dad.  At first, he completely sucked at them, until he and his dad watched a couple of games of baseball on the television.  After that moment, Kio's pitching form was flawless.  Although due to him being so young, he wasn't throwing no hit games anytime soon.  After figuring this out, his father started making him watch all kinds of sports.  Gymnastics, Archery, Bowling, and everything else in between.  At age 10, he had dominated every little league team in Japan, considered an Ace by just about every team he was on.

Winning all the time was starting to get boring.  There were rules in just about every game he played.  Rules that let him beat pretty much any event that he could think of if he followed them to the letter, and used his flawless technique.  However, there was one world that had no such rules.  The world of heroes.  Kio never really had the chance to admire heroes in his childhood, his father instead wishing to ride the cash cow all the way through to the pro-leagues.  Kio wanted a challenge instead, so he began watching battles and rescue, day in and day out.  As he watched the heroes fight against the odds, and using their amazing quirks, Kio wanted to be just like them.  They were always challenged, and almost never got out of any conflict without one.  Watching them in action also seemed to give him a sense of what their quirks were too...was there more to his quirk than just muscle memory?  

After countless interviews about how a particular heroes quirk worked, and seeing it in action, something popped out from the back of his head...a square shaped, see-through, blue chip.  Putting it back into where it came from, Kio somehow knew how to use that Quirk, and in fact was able to use it as well!  He was going to be a hero, regardless of this outcome, but this made it all the more possible of putting him at the top!

Quirk: 

Spoiler

Memory Card

This quirk gives the user a perfect memory, and can replicate the exact reflexes, to the tee, of any physical maneuver he has seen with his own eyes.  If the user sees the use of a quirk, and learns the ins and outs of said quirk, he creates a 'memory card' out of the neurons that were used to memorize the aforementioned quirk.  If he inserts the 'memory card' into the back of his neck, he is able to use the quirk for a 24 hour period, but only in the way he has seen it used.  After the 24 hour period, the 'memory card' is erased, and can never be made again, meaning he can never use that quirk a second time.  

Spoiler

Name: Asakabe Uchino
Birthday: December 1
Appearance:  

Spoiler

sample_21c1502de0a6410442ef235f6d915a4e8

Personality: 

Spoiler

Very reserved, and quiet, Asakane (a.k.a. Asa) can usually seen aloof and by herself, usually sticking to some sort of wall.  She tends not to speak a lot, and prefers to listen to other people talk, standing just outside a group of people to listen in on what they're talking about.  Rarely does she give any input herself to any given situation, other than nodding her head.  Although reserved, Asa is anything but shy or afraid of standing up for what she believes in.  

Biography: 

Spoiler

Asa grew up in a small village town, with parents who often had to travel great distances to find hodgepodge jobs around the city.  It was a lonely life for her, but she didn't particularly mind.  She loved the quiet, and loved the sounds of the forests surrounding her small little home.  She often passed the time by drawing, or reading a new book that her parents would bring her from town.  However, there was a group of small time villains who liked to roam and abuse their village, mostly because heroes never really came by and patrolled by their town, probably off their radar.  Asa was too young to do anything about the gang harassing her parents for "protection" money, but Asa promised herself that she would become strong, to be able to protect small little towns that didn't receive as much attention as the big cities did.  

She was exasperated when her acceptance letter came in from U.A., and her parents were so proud, using their own savings to make sure Asa had everything she needed to fit right in with the modern Japanese class.  With teary eyes, and excitement rattling her brain, Asakabe Uchino was off to U.A.! 

Quirk: 

Spoiler

Mime - Asa is able to make invisible walls, capable of stopping bullet fire.  They can be any size, or shape, but Asa must trace the wall with one or two fingers, and connect the beginning, and ending, point of the wall to complete it.  These walls will dissipate, and wane in strength, if Asa is not touching the surface of a wall, and disappear altogether after one minute.  As long as Asa is touching a wall, she can move and manipulate it in whatever way she pleases, including using them as thrown projectiles.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

This is a terrible idea I know it

Spoiler

Personal Information

Spoiler

Name: Rei Konpaku
Birthday: May 5th

Appearance
5'1"

Personality

Spoiler

Rei is a dry, cynical, and sarcastic girl. One who is rather disillusioned with the idea of a pro hero. Which is rather unusual for someone who is aiming to become one. The reality for Rei is that on paper she has all the makings of a hero. A good quirk, family in the business, and a sharp mind. For her becoming a hero just makes sense as a way for her to earn a living and so that is what she has decided to do.

She lacks passion for most things in life and for the most part is fine just drifting along through life and putting in just enough effort to do what needs to be done. Her life so far has made her somewhat look down on those who think that being a hero is something incredible and admirable but she usually doesn't go farther than a snippy comment or a roll of her eyes.

While she's not a cruel person Rei has a slightly sadistic, and vindictive, side. She enjoys seeing people uncomfortable and afraid and tends to find horror movies more funny than scary. So she'll on occasion pull tricks on people especially when she feels they slighted, or annoyed, her.

One thing that Rei truly loves, surprisingly, is idols. Though she doesn't make a big show of it outwardly. Unlike heroes she thinks that their passion is true and pure and she admires them. At times she wishes she could have the same passion but she just can't seem to bring herself to do so.

Biography

Spoiler

Rei's parents are Pros. From everything she gathered they used to be rather passionate and happy ones. But, likely from years of being questioned, criticized, and even an occasional lawsuit, their passion must have withered up. Because all Rei remembered was them complaining about their "job" constantly. Bitterly forcing themselves to continue on the line of work they had chosen purely because that is what they were best suited for.

The divorce helped stop the arguments for the most part but it came so late that Rei had already had to listen to hours and hours of it while growing up. This led Rei to not only be disillusioned about heroes but relationships as well. Her parents were so wrapped up in their issues they never even noticed as their daughter grew more and more cynical. Only keeping just above water in large part to discovering idol music.

It didn't help that growing up all the kids around her adored heroes. Many of them tried to become friends with her because they knew her parents were heroes but she rejected them all. Not able to stomach what she saw as extreme ignorance. Thus Rei spent most of her life in the back of class daydreaming. When it came to a point she knew she'd have to start preparing for her future she told her teachers who asked, in perhaps the least enthusiastic tone possible, "I'm going to become a Pro Hero."

Quirk

Spoiler

Invisiarms: Rei has a pair of invisible "arms" formed of telekinetic energy on their back. These arms are controlled mentally and, as such, don't require physical exertion. However they do cause a mental strain and are limited by how aware Rei is at the time. For instance when tired they're weaker because she can't focus. If she exerts too much effort she gets painful headaches.

Theoretically the limit is only how much effort she's willing to put in. She can extend and grow these arms to grab or lift large things and faraway objects. Even pull herself up a building or throw heavy objects if she tried hard enough. Though this would wear her down faster so she often just grabs small objects or simply smacks things nearby with them.

Other

Spoiler

Theme

-Always has headphones when she can.
-Her phone is filled with mostly idol videos and a rhythm game.
-Somewhat in conflict her favorite idols are the "cool" types and the "fashionable" types.
-Currently lives with her dad but she goes back and forth depending on which is easier or who is being more pushy at the time.
-Her father's Quirk lets him stretch his arms and legs and her mother's lets her fire telekinetic blasts.

Rei's Top 5 Idols

Spoiler

Five
Akali (Nya-kali) Mochizuki

An extremely popular idol. Rei only recently became a fan. In large part because she always assumed she was so popular just because people loved the "cat" gimmick and wrote her off. Then Rei saw her at work and realized that she was actually incredibly talented.
Quirk: Catcall, user can speak with, command, and understand cats.

Four
Choko Enomoto

The idol Rei has gotten into most internet arguments about. She's not very popular due to, as many put it, her not having much of a focus. And not being particularly great at any skill. Rei likes her because "She has a little bit of everything I like from an idol."
Quirk: Sweet Scent, user can produce an incredibly sweet, colorless, gas which when combined with food makes anything taste sweet

Three
Harumi Hirano

The first idol Rei discovered. And the first one she went to see live. While there are other idols Rei has grown to like more this one has a special place in her heart.
Quirkless.

Two
Raika Okuma

While not her absolute favorite this is the idol Rei thinks about most. She, secretly and only to herself, refers to her as "her prince" and this is the idol on Rei's phone wallpaper.
Quirk: Electrified, she can cover her body in electricity and by touch transfer this electricity to objects.

One
Yano Tone

Rei's favorite idol. She absolutely admires her and thinks she's the peak of talent and musical ability. However what really got her to be a fan was, when at an event to see her third favorite idol, Rei's first experience with her was seeing her make a particularly creepy fan run away crying.
Quirk: Harsh Words, when the user speaks they can include a frequency that forces the person closest to start crying uncontrollably

Candy Haired Crusader

Spoiler

RrFzJ2u.png

“Thank you for this chance! I won’t let you down! I promise!

Name: Ren Sanada (真田蓮, Sanada Ren)

Hero Name: Vayu (ヴァユ, Vu~ayu)

Birthday: January 4th

Appearance: 

Spoiler

b02a8f77e43fa3f1550d94009ce41e5ab8956a66
5’ 5”, 145 lbs, lean and athletic build due to the effects of his Quirk.

Superhero Costume

Spoiler

32fd3176cb732adf5ceb9fef4ec7dcdc0ed57c7a

Ren's superhero outfit is light and airy, allowing him to focus his Qi directly from his skin rather than through cloth. The choker wider and is bright white, representing the signature white banner of his namesake, Vayu, the Hindu god of the wind. In the interests of safety, the flowing choker has a breakaway clip, preventing a choking hazard

Personality:

Spoiler

Polite, confident and hard-working, Ren appears to be the model Japanese student. Being raised under constant pressure and sky-high expectations, he has maintained his discipline despite the drastic change in environment. However, it does not take long to notice that he is actually a workaholic, sleeping very little in order to squeeze a few more productive hours from his day. In order to escape his anxieties and looming responsibilities, Ren constantly needs to find “productive” things to do, often encouraging others to do the same. As such, he tends to come off as a show off or an overachiever despite his best efforts.

Ren has a love of athletics, a passion helped by his Quirk’s natural capabilities. If he is not found at home or at the library studying, he can be found at the pool doing laps or in the gym lifting weights well into the evening. Additionally, in order to better control his Quirk, Ren is also an avid practitioner of yoga and tai chi, practicing them along with any martial arts that the school clubs provide. Despite his very busy schedule, Ren is rarely seen eating or drinking anything other than tea or protein bars.

Despite wanting to become a hero, Ren does not seem to have an exceptionally strong sense of justice nor morality like his peers. Instead, he considers himself to be a protector of society, ensuring that those he fights do not disrupt a harmonious society. Additionally, he also considers fighting greater foes to be one of the highest forms of self-improvement. This legalistic and pragmatic outlook on hero work sometimes brings him into conflict with his more idealistic and passionate classmates.

Biography:

Spoiler

Ren was born the youngest of three and the only son of an upper class family. Both of his older sisters were born with very visible mutant-type Quirks, much to the dismay of his parents, who feared that their Quirks would bring shame to their family name. When Ren was born with a more subtle Quirk, his parents were relieved that they would have a relatively normal heir to the family business.

Spending the majority of his childhood as the golden child of the family, Ren was pressured to be the model filial son, being channeled into prestigious private schools while his sisters languished in restrictive prep schools designed to teach children how to manage and hide their Quirks. When his sisters eventually rebelled against their parents in a bid to become heroes, the pressure on Ren to be a model son only grew. Despite the huge amounts of pressure on his shoulders, Ren managed to live up to his parent’s expectations for a time, excelling in athletics where his Quirk’s abilities would shine.

However, Ren was inspired by all of the heroes on the news, his interests actively fostered by his sisters who encouraged him to pursue the hero’s path. On many occasions, his sisters clashed with his parents, trying to convince them to send him to a hero school instead of the business school. However, not wanting to disappoint his parents, he kept his wishes to himself. The strain of bearing the weight of his family’s expectations started to weigh on him, causing him to withdraw socially. Seeing the negative effect they were having on their only son, his parents eventually agreed to send Ren to a hero school, under the condition that he will still take over the family business once the time came.

Quirk:

Spoiler

Qi

LIke the mythical practitioners of martial arts, the user’s body appears to be able to store and control energy in its most base and pure form. The way this pure energy is generated is not entirely clear, but it appears that it is mainly derived when the user has strict control of their breathing. While the user’s body is full of this energy, they have superhuman strength, durability, and reflexes. The user’s body also appears to be able to draw an amount of sustenance from this energy, allowing them to perform at a high level of activity without the normal calorie needs it would normally require.

Additionally, the user is able to move this energy around their body, concentrating it anywhere at will and even transforming it into other forms of energy. Due to its pure nature, the possibilities of its use have not been completely documented. Examples of its use include converting it into kinetic energy at the instant of a strike to make the blow more powerful, transferring it to an injured person to accelerate their natural healing, and transferring kinetic energy from the fingertips to create a powerful gust of wind with a wave of the hand. However, the more dramatic the use of energy, the quicker the user expends their store of energy, leaving them vulnerable if they cannot recover it quickly through controlled breathing. Additionally, injuries and overwhelming mental states could also disrupt the controlled breathing vital in the generation of energy.

Other:

Spoiler
  • Ren's Theme | Ren's Battle Theme
  • Ren tends to appear very androgynous in his dress and speech, but identifies as male. He doesn’t seem to mind being confused for the other.
  • Ren practices his yoga on the roof of the school during lunch time, providing instruction to anyone willing to join him.

Edited by Otaku-sama
Quirk reworked

"Oh, don't be such a highly combustible ball of gas. Wait, that joke doesn't stick very well. I'll try it again!"

Name: Hideyo Kagarashi

Birthday: July 21st

Appearance:  Standing at six feet and three inches, Hideyo is a big guy. His dark black hair is always trimmed neatly to the base of his neck, with the sides buzzed and tapered and the front neatly lined. He is pretty well built, with a toned core and toned legs, and stacked arms. His eyes are brown, like hazelnut. He also has three silver teeth!

Personality: For all intents and purposes, Hideyo is a star. He is super lively, friendly, and very personable. He enjoys meeting new people and has a fondness for the very young and very old (they're fragile!). He doesn't have many dislikes, but he doesn't care for things that are bitter or pungent.

Biography: Hideyo comes from an average, middle class family. His father, Kenji Kagarashi, is a kickboxing master and owns a new studio in the business district of Tokyo. Because it is not as widely practiced in Tokyo as other martial arts, its quite popular. His mother, Juntei Kagarashi is a self-made woman. She mostly stays at home and tends to average housework, but she is also starting her own gardening business. Hideyo is an only child, so he has gotten a lot of support from his parents. He longs for nothing and anything that he wants he was, most of the time, given. If his parents couldn't give him something, Hideyo had no problem getting a part-time job to work for what he wanted.

His father is quirkless, leading him to take up martial arts to better defend himself in a world of powered people. As such, Hideyo has spent quite a bit of time with his father, practicing and studying kickboxing. He's become quite good! His mother has a quirk that allows her to turn out a delicious meal almost effortlessly. Her quirk, Greenery, enhances the nutrients and life of vegetables and greenery! It taught her and Hideyo the art of cuisine. It has also helped to make her gardening business bloom. Strangely enough, however, Hideyo's quirk does not resemble his mother's at all.

After learning what he was capable of, Hideyo longed to pursue professional hero work. His ability, Starfire, is well suited for that type of career. With his parents blessing, he enrolled in UA. He was accepted and is looking forward to his new year. He's already started designing his first costume and has dubbed himself "Brightside!"

Quirk: Starfire

Hideyo's quirk is simple and effective. He can produce stars from his hands! Literally! They vary in size depending on if he's using a single finger or his entire fist. From a barrage of tiny burning stars to two medium star punches! It even has limited practical use, like metal working! Though, I suppose the edges of your metal would be star shaped...

Edited by Comrade Duck

Splish Splash Your Opinion is Trash

Spoiler

sSoAgN1.jpg
"Welp, I guess this means I'm gonna be a hero now."

Name: 菊地 恵美 Emi Kikuchi
Hero Name: Rivulet
Birthday: May 15th
Appearance:

Spoiler

48d735faac5aa3a8c857a94ef8670ef7.jpg
Height: 5" 2'
Weight: 109 lbs

Personality:

Spoiler

A bubbly and perky person by nature, Emi is very energetic. She’s never afraid to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, and loves to meet new people. She’s extremely talkative, too much so at times, with most of her thoughts spilling out of her mouth. In this way, she can be a little blunt and a little too truthful, not thinking about what she says before she says it.

She does not have much control over her emotions, and is prone to be temperamental. She can be quick-tempered and emotional, especially in stressful situations.

One of her greatest fears is letting others down, and will go to great lengths to prevent it from happening. Emi highly values others’ trust in her. As such, when someone asks her to do something, she will try her best to do it, ignoring her own interests.

Biography:

Spoiler

Emi was born as an only child into a relatively normal family in southern Japan. From the time her Quirk began to develop, she was put into martial arts classes. Aside from that, in middle school she was involved in a number of different school organizations and clubs, spending most of her time with friends outside of the house.

When he was younger, Emi’s father wanted to be a Pro Hero. However, he failed the entrance exam to be entered into a hero program on multiple occasions, and was unable to live out his dream. His bitterness and jealousy from this stayed with him, and he carried it into fatherhood. On top of this, Emi’s Quirk had enormous combat potential. As such, her father greatly pressured Emi into applying for the hero program when she was of age.

Though Emi didn’t dislike the idea of becoming a Pro, she hated feeling she had to carry on her father’s failed ambitions. Maybe she’ll learn to like this whole hero thing once she starts taking classes in the fall.

Quirk:

Spoiler

Brine

This Quirk gives the user control over salt-water solutions. The higher the concentration, the more effective their control. The user can also change the concentration by moving the salt particles at will, allowing them to change the concentration for the task at hand.

Misc:

Spoiler
  • Loves going to the beach
  • Favorite food is tempura
  • Hates being/feeling alone
  • Theme

Edited by CatmanDaGamer

Hellhound

Spoiler

"What the H-E-Double FUCK do you want?"

Name: Inu Sasaki
Birthday: May 5th
Appearance

Spoiler

EC6dLpw.jpg

He stands at 5'11.

Personality

Spoiler

Inu is a rough sort, willing to fight at the slightest provocation or hint of an insult. He's not afraid to speak his mind or to be rude, and is very crass with his word choice. His temper is short and as hot as the flames he wields, and one of the quickest ways to set it off is comparing him to a dog. 

Despite all this though, if someone was to force their way through his rough exterior and befriend him, they'd realized they'd have a very loyal friend, one much like a dog he hates being compared to. Genuine praise also throws him off balance, as he's not used to getting that.

He hates being compared to his cousin Sayuri, and especially hates it when people suggest using her as a connection to the hero world. Frankly, he doesn't like her that much. He sees her as being half hearted, probably due to being, in his opinion, very pampered. He especially hates the idea that she's the lapdog of the 'number one hero', and doesn't want to end up like her. 

He has a soft spot for kids, to the point he tries to clean up his act when there are young kids around, as the last thing he wants is for them to mimic what he does. He'll even let dog comments slide if they come from a young enough kid.

Biography

Spoiler

Inu's childhood was one full of contradictions. His father, despite having a quirk and having a superhero brother, wasn't exactly a paragon of justice, although he believed in doing what was right. His mother, on the other hand, was a full blown villain. Despite this, his parents rarely fought, something they should have been doing a lot of. They apparently loved each other and was determined to make the other come to their side of the moral spectrum. 

Or perhaps his dad was just too much of a pushover, even today he didn't know.

However, one fateful day, when Inu was barely five, his mom made the family move to a 'safe haven'. A place where villains could be safe from the 'oppression of hero society', a place where his mom didn't have to hide, where his mom and dad could express their love without judgement... A place called Starkiller. At first, it was awful there, since it was very much a lawless place, where a person's strength mattered the most, where anyone who was strong enough could do whatever they wanted.

He hated it.

What a lot of people living in the city seemed to not realize was that villains running a place was, in his own words, "really fucking scary,". While some villains might have had some sort of weird moral code, there were many that thought nothing of hurting everyone around them, including children. Despite the claims life would get better, it seemed to only get worse, and his mom still had to hide from those with more power. Finally, things came to a head when a villain had tore off one of his father's arm for no other reason than it amused him.

That's when his mom decided to give up on villainy. The three snuck out of the city a few days later, going into hiding. After witnessing his father going through something so life changing, he decided then and there he wouldn't be a villain. No, he would be a hero, and not let another Starkiller come once more. He worked hard and trained, never letting the fact that his mother's half of the family were villains drag him down, until he managed to get his way into UA.

Quirk

Spoiler

Hellhound: This quirk gives Inu numerous wolf-like characteristics, most immediately noticeable being the pair of wolf ears that protrude from his head, with no human ears in sight. These ears can hear much better than regular ears, and are also capable of hearing frequencies human ears can't pick up. However, because they're so sharp, Inu is sensitive to sudden loud noises, and high frequencies can cause headaches.

Besides this, he has the great sense of smell attributed to wolves, although it is harder for him than most other canine-type quirks, due to himself having a strong smoke smell that messes with his nose. He also has a tail, which makes it easier for him to balance around.

His quirk, however, isn't limited to just canine features. Much like the hellhounds the quirk is named after, he has the ability to conjure flames, although so far he can only seem to either cover his limbs in them, or breath them through his mouth. This quirk has a downside, however. If he breathes too much clean air, his body temperature starts to drop, and it gets harder for him to use his fire powers. To combat this, he prefers places with heavy pollution. If that is not available, he smokes. His lungs separate the toxins and flammable gases from the air or the cigarette and uses them to power his flames.

Monkey

Spoiler

Name: Sun
Birthday: Unknown
Appearance

Spoiler

iZEc2fh.png

He stands at 6'7.

Personality

Spoiler

Sun is a curious one, and enjoys learning about new things, especially when it comes to food. When something interests him, he will listen and observe intently until he has learned all he can. 

He is a friendly soul, loving to meet new people and learn about them. He also feels the need to protect his friends, no matter how much stronger than him they might actually be.

He doesn't enjoy fighting, seeing it as a means of survival. Due to this, he does not believe in honor while fighting. He can and will use every dirty trick in the book to make sure he and anyone under his protection survives.

Biography

Spoiler

As long as he could remember, he lived in the jungle, raised by monkeys. Although young, his human intelligence along with his inhuman strength made him king of his jungle. It was a simple way of life, and all he knew, but he would often find himself gazing over the ocean's horizon, wondering if this jungle was all there was in the world.

One fateful day, however, he learned that there was in fact more in this world. A boat came to his shores, carrying with it researchers and people with extraordinary powers, things the monkey king couldn't even imagine. 

He kept away from them at first, watching from a distance, trying to figure out what they were. Some of the more observant people noticed signs of him, or felt his gaze upon them, but none went out of their way to provoke him. Eventually, after determining that these people meant no harm, he revealed himself to them. 

Communication was hard at first, but thankfully, a person on this voyage had an animal communication quirk, and with the help of a local monkey acting as a translator, they all began to learn about each other.

The monkey king learned and gained many things from these interactions. They gave him the name Sun, apparently after a great monkey king from the past, taught him that he only lived on a small undiscovered island in the middle of the ocean, and even taught him their own language. In exchange, he taught them about the island, taking them to interesting spots on it, and protected them from threats they didn't know about.

From what the researchers could gather through investigations and finding a old, crashed plane, Sun was only a baby when his family flew in a plane over the ocean, where it crashed onto this island. Sadly, he seemed to be the only survivor. It was lucky that his quirk was as well suited to living out here as it was.

After a few months, the researchers were leaving to head home to their land of Japan. Sun, now knowing that the world was much bigger than he could ever had learned on his own, asked to go along with them. There was a lot of debate among the group, but it was decided that they would bring him along, so long as he promised to listen to them. He agreed to, and they took him to Japan.

He spent the next three years in a research facility, making sure he didn't have some diseases that could be dangerous to the general population. During this time, he learned about the culture, in hopes he could assimilate into normal life easily.

However, Sun learned of heroes, and became fascinated with them. When he was cleared to go into the public, he decided to try to take the test to get into UA, and surprisingly passed. 

Quirk

Spoiler

Monkey: This quirk gives the user some fur and a tail, similar to a monkey, but blesses him with much more. He has enhanced speed and strength, easily outclassing normal humans in both, and even a few quirked people, although he loses out to people with quirks specialized to either. He has enhanced reflexes as well, and a great sense of balance due to his tail. Much like a monkey, he's great at climbing things.

He seems to pick up on concepts and fighting styles rather quickly, able to mimic things after seeing them once. It's theorized that this is connected to the phrase "monkey see, monkey do", although the people that found him admit that's a pretty weak connection, and he might just be really smart instead of it being a quirk thing. 

He can also communicate with animals, although in his current environment, it is very limited, as he hasn't spoken to these kinds of creatures before.

Edited by Saikazo

[Hard Work is Happy Work]

"There's no substitute for hard work!"
[Name] Yasha Yokuna
[Age] 15
[Birthday] June 25th
[Gender] M

[Appearance]
177cm, 80kg. His head looks like the body of a chainsaw, with a red face-plate and a toothy mouth.

[Personality]
Yasha is a hard-working and tenacious soul. He's humble, and not afraid to get his hands dirty, but can sometimes be a bit dense or thick-headed-- academically he doesn't take to new concepts easily, and struggles to keep his grades up. It's a miracle he passed the written exam, really. In his spare time, he watches videos of things being crushed by a hydraulic press. He's also really fond of how girls look in uniforms and costumes, which is at least part of his motivation for being a hero.

[Biography]
Yasha has always loved the feeling of his own hard work paying off, and he was always happy to do more than was asked of him. Like many kids in this society, he loved heroes growing up, and wanted to be one because, as he saw it, being a hero was hard work-- and he loved hard work! There was also, to a lesser extent, the appeal of getting to look at girls in costume, but he would never admit to that. His little sister Yuri is one of his biggest motivations.

[Quirk] Tool Hands
He can transform his hands into fully-functioning power-tools. This can range from simple saws and drills to more specialized tools-- he just has to know how it works.

Alright it's just a cat, happy

Spoiler

Name: Kaenbyou Tsubasa   
Birthday: May 11th 
Appearance: 

Spoiler

59KPD6B.jpg
Height: 5'4"

Personality: 

Spoiler

Free spirited and a "live in the moment" kind of girl. Tsubasa is always in the pursuit of something fun and new to do, being prone to impulse and having little forethought on consequences. Seldom few things actually hold the girl's interest for awhile, so she is prone to picking up new hobbies only to drop them with little to no warning. Sociable but not particularly friendly. She has no problem with socializing with people and can be quite talkative, though being both blunt and having a tendency to drop conversations if she feels like it she can also come off as rude and dismissive. Tsubasa has no actual heroic aspirations and is mostly just enrolling for the fun of it.

Biography: 

Spoiler

From an early age, Tsubasa had never been one to sit still. When it came to school, she was often late or just didn't show up. When it came to other kids, she didn't seem to stay interested in any games they played for long and she didn't end up falling into any real circle of friends. Instead, the only thing that she found any interest in was learning how best to control her body and explore places. Naturally, her sort of urban traversing habits only furthered her academic problems and furthered the divide between her and her peers. Neither her teachers nor parents were pleased with this either, with their most notable concerns being about the young girl's future. Whenever asked about her future plans, career and even next school she wanted to apply for the girl would generally just blow these off and give non-answers. 

This had persisted until one day the girl was simply walking through the city, minding her own business. Seeing a mouse man rob a lady, it had seemed that no heroes were around when it happened. So, with nothing being done about that on a whim Tsubasa decided to chase after the man. After catching up with the purse snatcher and thwarting his escape, the woman who originally had it seemed incredibly thankful, calling her a "hero" for her help. Tsubasa didn't think much of it at the time, but she suddenly became a lot more aware of things like this happening. Minor instances - such as helping cats out of a tree or catching a child's balloon mid flight - and Tsubasa found the small things to be pretty fun. So, on whim, she decided to sign up for a hero school to see if the fun would persist. 

Quirk: 

Spoiler

Cat - Being a cat. 
Tsubasa's quirk is fairly simple in explanation in that it gives her various cat physical features, such as a tail and trading out her human ears for cat ears, in addition to giving her super human parameters in certain aspects. The list is as follows. 

• She is faster, more nimble/agile and has greater reflexes then the average person. 
  • Is able to jump higher and farther then a regular human. 
  • Great sense of balance. 
  • Always Lands on Feet. Most of the time. 
  • Much stronger sense of smell then a human. 
  • Has retractable claws that are used for both fighting as well as helping her climb. 
  • Great night vision 
  • Can hear sounds of a higher pitch then a human. 
  • Has whiskers located on her face and on her limbs to help her gain greater sensory information about objects she touches as well as read air currents to determine relative positions of people and objects. This is something she is largely unaware of doesn't make any real use of, at best acting as a sort of "sixth sense" or instinct to inform her of any oncoming danger. 
  • Allegedly can die eight times and be totally fine. This is said by Tsubasa in jest and has luckily never had to be tested so far, so it is unknown how true this statement is. 

Other: 

• Dance and Parkour are the only hobbies of hers that she has started and kept with for a long time. 
  • Can not taste sweetness. 

Edited by Skaia

Full of booze and probably regert, but wtf, why not. Dropping an interest post.

13 hours ago, Rinne said:

Full of booze and probably regert, but wtf, why not. Dropping an interest post.

LMAO okay. What's your discord, I can drop you an invite