yui

Demon Blood (IC/PG-16)

d3P79nP.png

In the middle of his 1000th sword stroke, an alarm was sent blaring through the building.  Demon activity was afoot, but the damn thing didn't even know what the hell it was.  All of the info on what they were hunting was unknown.  Derick couldn't help but feel a little pissed off.  What good was this organization if they couldn't identify a single damn demon.  He brushed his fingers through his air, with a scowl on his face, opting to put away his training sword, and switch it out for the real deal.  Shoving his hands in his pockets, the group was shoved into totally regular trucks.  What were they, ordinary landscapers?  A transmission was played on the communication devices inside the trucks.  

"I've gotten the crew back here at base to do a bit more looking around in the area you're looking for. We haven't spotted anything that looks like a demon, so be wary of anything that isn't one of yours. Could even be a false alarm for all we know. Much as I'd love to be out there with you, I've got some paperwork to finish up, and even more paperwork to do if there's something up there. Find the target, get rid of it, then come back in one piece! Ramirez, I'm putting you and Anderson in charge of coordination for this mission. If anyone's got any questions, ask now; you're almost at the site."

"I got a question: why am I never in charge?"

The question made his stomach quake.  Kane in charge?  Not in a million years.  

"We'd all be dead.  That's why."  Derick's sword clung to his right shoulder.  "Quit fuckin' around.  We're on the job now."  

The vehicles stopped, and unloaded all of them into some kind of forest.  It was almost hard to tell if that's what it truly had been, as something seemed to have torn a path through it.  Travelling into the woods, the hunters stumbled upon a pile of recognizably demonic flesh.  It looked like something had gotten to this demon before them.  Wildlife perhaps?  That was never good.  This put even more of a damper on Derick's already pissed off state.  He wouldn't get any information from a corpse.  Oh well.  

"This what set the alarm off?  Someone probably dropped this thing from the sky...let's dispose of it and get out of he-"  A deep roar rattled his ear drums, interrupting him, and drowning his voice in the quaking.  Derick looked up to see something that was probably visible from outer space.  A giant bear, smoking at the maw, now rose from the forest treeline.  Derick used the tip of his thumb to unsheathe his blade only slightly, as he placed his other hand on the grip.  "A demon really lost to a big pile of fur, huh?  Kinda pathetic if you ask me."  Derick smirked.  "Well...the bigger they are, and all."  Derick crouched low to the ground, and then launched himself towards the bears face, clutching onto his blade until the last possible moment. 

The beast's natural instincts kicked in, as it raised it's massive paw to try and swat him out of the air.  The wind pressure from that thing moving at such a pace was almost enough to blow him off course, but he persisted.  Where would the best place be to land an attack on this thing?  It's neck was way too thick too even attempt to lob off it's head, it would only make him look stupid to even try.  He looked to the right of the bear, and disappeared in an instant, only to reappear by the bear's ear.  With a swift swing of his arm, Derick aimed a huge attack at the bear's ear.  His blade made contact, but only managed to make a rather large slash in it.  Even Derick was surprised that he didn't manage to take the whole thing off it's head.  In annoyance, the bear turned it's head towards him, only to let loose a torrent of flames his way.  Derick snapped his neck towards the ground below, blinking down towards it immediately to avoid the attack, instead letting it wash over the air above him.  When he hit the ground, he hit it hard, skidding along the ashes that broke his fall.  He wheezed, as two blinks in succession was his limit as of now, the ability taking a lot out of him.  He looked up only to see the bear still towering over him.

"Now this is just ridiculous."  

Kane, rather than leap into action alongside his partner, took a single look at the bear and busted out into howling laughter. Knees buckling, doubled over, snorting and giggling like a child and desperately gasping for breath. Occasionally, attempting to steady himself only to dissolve into more idiotic giggling.

Throughout this, he managed to squeeze out a brief, but giggle-infested statement of disbelief. "WHA-HA-HAAAAAT? THIS is what did ALL THIS? OH MY GOD, what a pathetic fucking excuse for a demon! IMAGINE GETTING YOUR SHIT KICKED IN-- BY A GODDAMN BEAR!" So intense was Kane's laughing fit that he looked like he couldn't breathe for a solid minute, much less stand up. "Ho-ho-holy  SHIT, DUDE."

Edited by ChampionZero

As she stared out the window of the truck she heard a small noise beside her. A meowing sound. Glancing over she noticed the cat sitting there next to her. Her eyes flicked around for the owner and couldn't see them. Looking back at the cat she stared at it blankly for a few moments before reaching out a hand to pet the top of the cat's head. "Good kitty." She said. "Good good kitty."

It then meowed. Which, after glancing around first, Kira imitated.

After petting for a while she paused. Narrowing her eyes at the cat she realized something wasn't quite right. She remembered somewhat about this cat's owner. But she couldn't entirely remember why it was nagging her so much. With a shrug she told the cat "You can't come with. It's dangerous."

That was a big bear.

She knew her family had some history with bears but she herself hadn't really encountered one out in the wild like this. And certainly nothing so huge and...fire-breathing. She imagined that must have come from the demon.

Kira couldn't help but wonder if the demon had tasted spicy.

Still there wasn't much time to lose as some others sprang into action. Or rather one did. The other...was doubled over laughing. With a twinge of annoyance Kira stepped up towards Kane and went to shove him to the side. Perhaps a bit more forcefully than intended. "You're in the way." She said.

Staring the bear down she considered what to do. It was high up and while she could jump she didn't think she'd make it far without the bear doing something about it. So instead she went over to one of the fallen trees. With a grunt she lifted it up at one and and tossed it like a javelin at the creature's face.

It smashed into the bear's massive head and the creature let out a roar of pain and anger. Kira almost felt bad about hurting the animal but that was swiftly doused as the bear retaliated. With a roar it brought down a paw towards Kira. One large enough to squash her. She didn't think she could stop it without some momentum so instead she crouched and jumped back and out of the way as the gargantuan paw slammed down in front of her and shook the ground.

Taking up her kanabo Kira let out her own roar and slammed the weapon down on the beast's paw. She heard a crack as she made contact with the oversized appendage. However she couldn't celebrate just yet as the bear opened its mouth up and flames leapt from inside of its gullet. Spewing out towards the girl.

Kira let out a sigh. She decided that this bear was not cute at all.

Masako glanced over at Kane, who was laughing like a howler monkey, and it was really upsetting her. She rolled her eyes slightly, seeing he wasn't taking the threat very seriously. Sure it was literally just a demon bear, but it was a demon still...and not something to be made fun of. At this point, offering Kane up as a sacrificial scapegoat did cross her mind, but alas she knew that wouldn't help much.

Nevertheless, Masako couldn't be bothered with the howler monkey that was Kane...especially since Kira was already leaping into the fray. With a sigh and shrug, Masako tightened up her gloves a bit more before stretching slightly. "There goes Kira...already out for blood." she said with a slight smirk. "And as such, I better do what I can to help my partner!" With that, the young girl followed after Kira...while in the process, using Bubble Star via her gloves to send a few bubbles towards the smoldering embers. That would hopefully assist in trying to put out the embers...she doubted it, but still, it was an attempt.

Annnnnnd now she had to see what this bear was doing now...with Kira being in the crossfire. ...if someone told me I'd be dealing with a fire breathing bear today, I probably would've asked them why the hell they were in my room this morning just to tell me that. she huffed, shaking her head a bit. Right now, she needed to help her partner out. With some quick movements and moving in front of Kira, Masako unsheathed her soap laced katana before slashing in front of her and towards the fire being launched towards her. "Sorry Yogi...but we're not on the menu tonight of your picnic basket buffet!! Bubble Aegis!!" From the slash, a series of bubbles from the blade began to form a bit of a barrier between her and Kira from the fire that was impending. "Kira, think we may need to...for lack of a better word...get the hell out of dodge."