(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega! [IC/CLOSED/PG-16/BEST RP 2020 WINNER]

Inu sighed to himself as he rolled his shoulder. He should have known that they weren't going to the beach just to have a good time. Honestly, that was fine by him, just playing around would have been a waste of time. Still, this was a lot of garbage... like a lot. The smell was particularly bad, he had to just plug his nose shut in an vain attempt to keep the smell out. He didn't want to do this for long, and there was really only one fast way to go about this. With a sigh, he walked over to a place away from the others, and began to use his hands to scoop out handfuls of sand, making a small pit. It didn't take very long, and he went to his next task: grabbing small stones and seashells, placing them down in a circle around the pit itself.

With that done, he walked around the beach, looking for anything that looked flammable and not entirely dangerous to light on fire, throwing them into the pit he had made, doing his best to not smell anything he was carrying. This was the fastest and most efficient way he could think to clean this beach up. Soon, he had a small pile about as tall as he was, all placed into a small pile and looking ready to burn. He rubbed with hands together like he was warming them up on a cold winter night, before inhaling and letting out a breath of fire. However, right when he did, he felt a tentacle slap him on the wrist.

"So you think ashes are clean?" Anemonesan reprimanded. "It would probably be more harmful burnt than otherwise,"

"Seriously?" Inu asked as he rubbed his wrist before muttering. "Of fuckin' course," Of course what he thought was a good thing would only make things worse. He didn't think about the aftermath, just what was easiest at the moment. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Wasn't that exactly what he hated from other heroes? Still, this wasn't the end, he could fix this, he could be better... why was he smelling more smoke than usual?

The wolfman's eyes widened as he realized that despite being slapped and having his breath interrupted, some embers had escaped and lit the pile he made on fire, the flames small, but threatening to soon consume the whole pile.

"Shit, shit, shit," Inu cursed as he scooped up sand in his hand, throwing it into the fire in an attempt to put it out before it got too big, but some of the sand he threw flew into his own face. "Fuck fuck fuck!" He howled as he tried to rub the sand out of his eyes. It was official. This was the worst field trip he had ever been on.

Sun's mood from riding on the bus had fallen when he saw the state of the beach. He had a beach back home on his island, and he spent many days there playing in its waters or bathing in the sun. To see people had let this beach get so... filthy, it made the monkey man angry, but mostly just sad. Still, he would help clean this place up, and it would look like new!

The very first thing he did was take off his shirt. After all, from what he could gather, the beach was a place where people could less clothes than usual! In fact, there were beaches where he didn't have to wear clothes at all... but he could tell this wasn't the place to do that. Next came off his shoes. While that would be dangerous to a normal person, Sun had a brilliant idea. He used a pair of gloves and slipped them over his hand-like feet. Now he had three limbs to pick up garbage with instead of two!

And used them he did. Hopping on one foot to get around, Sun used his three limbs to pick up the trash and put it into his bag. He found some interesting things buried in the trash though, things like old toys and a few books. Some of the books really caught his attention though. One looked to be some novel about the romance of a giant gorilla and a human girl, which intrigued the monkey man. The cover even showed the gorilla climbing a tall tower for the human. The one that interested him the most however was a book called "Colors of a Hero". A quick flip through the book revealed that it seemed to be the autobiography of someone important, even if Sun didn't know who this "Gin" was. He placed those books in a separate bag, determined to keep them for himself.

However, despite how interesting all those were, he found something that caught his interest even more. It was a sort of vehicle, something he believed was called a pickup truck. The paint was completely rusted over, some parts were missing, the hood was completely gone, and the windows were cracked, but the most important thing was intact. It still had four wheels, even if they were flat. This was perfect!

He took his full bag of garbage, tossing it into the back of the truck, and then went running off, looking for some rope. After about five minutes of looking, he found a long enough piece of rope, one perfect for this idea. Going back to the truck, he tied the rope inside the hood tightly. After giving it a experimental tug, Sun pulled the rope, dragging the truck behind him. It took some effort, but he was able to do it.

Looking around, he saw that of his classmates, Ren and Ben, working on a huge mountain of garbage. With a grin, he tugged his truck over, stopping in front of the two.

"Hello, I am Sun!" Sun greeted as he waved to the two. "And this is my truck," He said as he slapped a hand on it. "It can fit so much garbage into itself. Do you wanna put the trash in the back, and I can drag it away?"

"Thanks. I'll take it from here." Yasha planted his feet and let fly-- the hose worked like a charm, blasting all kinds of gunk and dirt off the pipe, as well as the grate overtop of it. It even loosened up the trash caught in the grate and let it-- along with a rush of scummy water, flow back out-- double points!

After a few minutes of pressure washing the drain, he heard a familiar voice calling him from the main group. "Hey, Yokuna, can you come help me out with this?

"Huh? Was that Kio?" The other group was kind of far, but from here he was pretty sure Kio was facing him. His opinion of his classmate was still a bit mixed so far, but he wasn't asking rudely. Maybe he needed something cut into more manageable pieces, or just a heavier object picked up. Reverting his hands-- the pipe was as clean as it was going to get by now-- he glanced back at Konpaku. "Kio needs my help-- I'll be right back, OK?" Without waiting for an answer, he started jogging over to the rest of the group, beelining for Kio.

Edited by ChampionZero

dianabannerneo.png

Diana chewed the inside of her cheek as the day's task was being explained to the class. She dreamed of being a hero of justice, not a hero of garbage duty. Of course, as the hero they were visiting explained, there wasn't anyone else to help out here. I guess nature needs a hero, too.

While the trip was far from what most of the students expected for the day, Diana felt a wave of relief. She wasn't quite comfortable showing that much skin. And so, despite her inner protestations and desire to train in more traditional heroics, she pushed herself forward. "<A job is a job.> Let's get to work!" Though she made no mention of it, she breathed a sigh of relief (followed by a small gag on the putrid air) that the chainsaw arms guy – Yokuna was his name – would be working separately from the main group. With that major stressor out of the way, she looked down to the beach to see what she could do.

Of course, as a girl capable of lifting several times her own weight, that was quite a lot more than most of the students present.

It wasn't long before she was in the middle of everything, dragging, lifting, and tossing items most of the class could only dream of making budge. All the while, she glanced toward the perimeter of the beach, watching out for the man Takehiko had warned her about. Not one to let herself be outdone, she pushed her own physical limits, tossing giant truck tires as if they were nothing more than inner tubes, quickly loading the back of Sun's truck from a good distance away.

With a bit of direction from Anemonesan, Diana heaved an entire broken-down refrigerator onto her back, carrying it up to the parking lot so that it could be hauled away at another time. Even though it wasn't what she had been hoping to do that day, Diana found a lot of satisfaction in the visible progress her class was making on the beach. She became so caught up in her work that she didn't see Yokuna Yasha running quickly to go right past her, barely catching him out of the corner of her eye as his arm brushed against her own.

"<OHGODHOLYSHITWHATTHEFUCK!!???>"

In a panic, she made to pivot on her left foot, but found it to be entangled in a half-buried fishing net that she hadn't noticed until that point. Just like that, Diana found herself falling face-first down toward the sand. Luckily, someone else noticed her plight, and caught her by her left hand. Hanging downward with her body at scarcely a thirty degree angle to the ground, she looked up to see who had stopped her fall. Looking back down at her was Sogin Hakaro, wearing his typically sour expression.

Diana's eyes darted back and forth between his face and his hand holding her own, feeling her skin heat up as she turned beet red.

"Be careful, you could get tetanus or something. Now lift yourself up, you're heavier than you look."

Of course, the words he spoke barely made any sense to Diana. She found herself so nervous in that second that she had practically forgotten how to speak Japanese, let alone even hear him clearly over the sound of her heart about to beat out of her chest. "<W-wait, wait I'm sorry I I'm so clumsy I didn't see the net and I got startled and>" her sentence was cut off as her hand slipped out of his, dropping her down onto the sand.

"Oops."

bro.png

"H-hey! There's like twelve of them over there he can get one of them to help! We're supposed to deal with this!" Rei shouted after Yasha and muttered "Idiot." under her breath as she reluctantly started to turn back to her assigned task.

However, before she could move an inch, she felt a strong grasp grab onto one of her arms, pulling it behind her back and stressing the joint, as another hand grabbed onto the back of her head at the very base of her skull. She felt a chill run all the way down her spine, like a shock of electricity, as her assailant, a girl a few inches taller than Rei herself, leaned in to whisper in her ear, "Don't scream or I'll break your neck, and that will ruin both of our days."

She couldn't believe the nerve on that guy. He practically ignored her entirely and ran off to abandon their job so quickly. It wasn't like she was going to bite him...Just yell at him a bit more at worse. Maybe he took her threat too seriously. Whatever, maybe she could get some more of this garbage cleared out now that he blasted a chunk of it.

"Don't scream or I'll break your neck, and that will ruin both of our days."

Her first instinct when she was grabbed was "Oh what now." When the woman delivered her threat Rei considered trying to do something. After all she didn't need to make obvious movements to use her invisiarms. If she could grab hold of the woman's arms herself and squeeze...

Wait what the heck was she thinking? That sounded way too risky. For all she knew this was another boneheaded test and she was supposed to show how she could get out of the situation. But in a normal situation she wouldn't want to do something and take a risk that could leave her dead. Can't help anyone from the grave anyway.

If it was a test and she failed again so be it. But she wasn't about to fight back against someone in this position. Still, she couldn't help but be annoyed. With a sigh she said, "Unless you want to steal some garbage I don't know what you think you're doing here."

A humorless laugh escaped her lips, as she walked her fingers up and down Rei's neck. "Well that's simple, Rei. It's okay if I call you Rei, right? I just came for a little meet and greet. Wanna be friends? I know I do."

"Oh, great, you're a creep." Rei said and rolled her eyes. "I'm rolling my eyes by the way. Thought you should know. Cause despite saying you want to 'meet and greet' can't really see my face can you?"

In the blink of an eye, almost too quickly to believe, the girl was standing in front of Rei, her grip now on Rei's chin which she used to tilt her head back and forth, inspecting her like a cat would a mouse. "A friend of a friend told me all about you, but couldn't figure out what your quirk was. Did you get it from your dad? My dad gave me mine, maybe we can be sisters like that!"

Rei was still unsure whether to be concerned or not at this woman's erratic nature. At the moment it seemed to be keeping her from doing anything too dangerous but who knew when that would change. "This Quirk is all mine. Thank god. I don't need to be compared to anyone on top of everything else." She examined the woman as Rei herself was examined. "Maybe your friend shouldn't be watching schoolgirls. Not a great hobby you know."

Without the woman behind her Rei felt more comfortable extending her invisiarms. She hadn't decided to use them yet but she felt much more comfortable having more options.

An unnaturally large smile crept onto her face. "Don't worry, they're closer to your age than I am. And there's nothing wrong with me watching you, right Rei-Rei? I'm Towa, by the way." Suddenly, her hand grasped around Rei's throat, compressing her windpipe with unnatural force. "Could I see your quirk, Rei-Rei? I'd show you mine but I don't really know how to use it yet~"

Rei's eyes widened. This crazy chick was serious wasn't she? She didn't think even the school would hire someone willing to strangle one of the students. Still, she knew she had to be calm. She might only have one good shot before she was in serious trouble. "You.....can't...see.....it....coming." Rei managed before balling one of her invisiarms into a fist to slam into the side of Towa's head. She stretched the other and, hoping the woman loosened her grip, went to grab onto Towa's waist from behind and pull her off of Rei.

Look! A Distraction!

In his bright and fervent display of trash removal, Hideyo discovered an interesting and fun piece of garbage: a disco ball. Suddenly, images of a dance hall filled with spinning lights, platform shoes, and wild hairstyles flooded his mind. Though it was mostly destroyed, this was one piece of trash Hideyo would like to do more with. He gently placed it aside and dug a trench around it. Hideyo was getting distracted.

His trench slowly evolved into a full blown moat, and Hideyo was now constructing an elaborate sand castle. He was very distracted.

The sand castle had been complete with a full battalion of troops, a bridge, and a giant sign that read, 'King of Disco'. There was no turning back now.

Hideyo turned his attention to the next bit of detail that would help protect his disco ball: sand cannons. He built them into the walls of the castles in order to fend off invaders. But wait... that would mean he needed invaders.

And so, Hideyo began to construct a second castle, providing competition for 'King of Disco'. He would dub this castle, with a giant sign that read, 'Not King of Disco'. Troops were built for the opposing castle, wielding halberds and swords and shields. Archers lined the walls and threatened to rain down death below. And now, Hideyo had begun constructing messengers to deliver declarations of war between the two sand castles and their sand armies as they fought over the ever present disco ball.

Tsubasa snickered a bit as Yumi had nearly missed the target, but quickly switched to a whistle as she managed to knock the can in. With a smile on her face, Tsubasa said, "please, this wouldn't be fun if I was able to show you up so completely." The girl paused for a moment and thought about it. "Alright, it might be. But I'm always down for a challenge. Besides your quirk isn't the only one that helps with accuracy." With a wide smile on her face, she had a "watch this" expression on her face as she picked at a few more scraps of trash; three in total were on her trash poker. Taking them off, the girl then quickly stabbed at one of them, and flicked into the air, launching it there. She repeated this process for the next, two, now having three airborne pieces of trash. 

Jumping towards the first one, Tsubasa's foot effortlessly hit the trash and knocked it forward. Landing on one foot, the girl swiveled and spun around, kicking the second piece had fallen in front of her. Then, keeping the momentum of her spin the girl kicked off her one foot on the ground and kicked at the third piece of trash as it fell. The cat girl landed on her hands, her legs doing a split mid air before falling back down to the ground. Pushing herself back up to her feet, a wide smile formed on Tsubasa's face as she said, "so how about that? My quirk might not be as literally flashy as yours, but I more than make up for it. Three points all at once." Only two had actually landed in. 

Waiting for Yumi to do her thing she said, "but I'm surprised, you know? That your all pin point accuracy and stuff. I thought you more like," the girl made a finger gun motion with heavy recoil saying, "baboooom! That kind of thing."

Takehiko rubbed his chin as the newly introduced hero introduced herself and asked them to perform beach cleanup. That wasn't so bad, he hadn't planned on swimming anyways! He nodded along to a few of the topics she brought up. After she sent them off he made his way over to the water, wading through it and using his clones to check for anything dangerous.

"Alright, once we're in deeper water we're going to practice breath training as we go, this is a perfect oppurtunity to train for rescuing someone underwater!" He gives a grin, wading into the shallows along with his clones. Every once in a while a clone would suddenly flounder and go under the murky depths, never to rise again. After about 40 seconds or so, Takehiko would let out a deep sigh, "OKAY, REGROUP. WASN'T EXPECTING THIS TO BE AN ISSUE FROM MULTIPLE OF YOU!"

Takehiko's clones would gather around him, watching as he pressed his hands to his nose, "When you are grabbed by an -incomprehensibly- small crab, thinking it's guiding you to it's nest, do -not- follow it. Thankfully your idiocy in this case is useful for breath training, BUT STOP LETTING CRABS -ACCIDENTALLY- KILL YOU. YOU ARE GIANT MONSTERS COMPARED TO THEM, ACT LIKE IT! AND FURTHERMO-!"

Takehiko blinked, looking back towards the beach as he saw the student known to him as Sun dragging a truck to a mountain of garbage, "Hm, something interesting might be happening..."

He maneuvered himself over to the truck, completely ignoring his clones now, "Yo, Sun! You got a truck from somewhere? There's still some wildlife stranded in the shallows over here, think we could use the truck to transport them out of the more wasted parts? If we clear it enough we might be able to yank out garbage through a net and not have to worry about catching wildlife."

2avvIQl.jpg

Kio was furiously rummaging through what seemed to be endless waves of trash, shoveling troughs of the stuff into his lone trash bag.  It was starting to rip at the seems, so he'd have to get another one soon.  Ten thousand pieces of trash weren't going to fit in a single bag, no matter how hard he was shoving.  Tying a knot to close of the trash bag, Kio went to wipe his sweating brow.  All these different types of things to pick up required all kinds of muscle groups, this was such a great workout!

"I gotta do this on a regular basis."  He thought aloud.  That's when he heard the sound of a failure approach him  Fastly approaching him with purpose was the tool from his class.  Kio's appreciative demeanor now turned to a blank slate as he looked on.  Was the guy running away from yet another one of his responsibilities, just like he had in their last test?  Whatever.  If he wasn't going to do his even more challenging task, that means Kio could fill in his shoes.  But that girl he was with...she would be left with twice the hard work.  The thought alone was tempting enough for Kio to once in his life skip out on something hard to do.  That in itself was a challenge.  He smiled, waving to Yasha.

"Yo~!  What's up Tool Man?"  Kio asked.  "Wanna be of use for once in your life, and like, turn into a trash compactor or something?"  Kio swung the hulking sack of garbage over his shoulder.  "With your help, I could condense all the trash I throw in it, making it a little easier to stuff 10,000 pieces of junk in a bag."  Kio stuck out his hand, as if putting a contract out in front of Yasha.  "What do you say?"  

yumi.png

"So how about that? My quirk might not be as literally flashy as yours, but I more than make up for it. Three points all at once."

I think you missed one, though. Oh well. It wasn't like Yumi was in it to win it. It would have been nice, but not a goal. And bringing it up would maybe result in some troublesome exchange she'd rather not get into. No problem counting that miss as an actual point.

"But I'm surprised, you know? That you're all pin point accuracy and stuff. I thought you more like, baboooom! That kind of thing."

"It's because I haven't used my Quirk that much before entering U.A," Yumi explained, picking up a pair of cans and tossing them at the nearest trash can one after the other. Two points. "I can only discharge all the electricity I've built up all at once. Since I only have one shot, I want to make sure it counts." Nodding over to the ocean, she further continued "Another problem with my Quirk is I can't use it if I get wet. All that happens is I end up electrocuting myself. It's happened before." Though that did get her wondering. Yumi looked at Tsubasa's tail, then her ears.

"Does your Quirk have any weird weaknesses like that?"

ayane2.png

By now, Ayane was dragging no less than three distinctly different bags behind her. While they were all the same black bags on the outside, their contents were quite different. The first and heaviest bag was the main bag; the one that she'd already tied off and replaced a couple of times. The second was electronic items. Someone did say to bag those separate, right? And the third bag was...

Shameful. Perfectly fine jacket here, and somebody went and threw it in the trash. If they don't want it, I guess I'll help myself! Along with a small assortment of other items she'd found that were still in working condition - or at least, she thought they were - Ayane tossed the leather jacket she'd dug up from under the trash into the bag. It definitely wasn't a good idea to wear it right now, but that was nothing a good run or two through the laundry couldn't fix! With her new find safely stored away from the rest of the trash, Ayane resumed her roomba-on-crack pace across the beach, sweeping up garbage by the largest amounts she could and stuffing it into the appropriate bag. When it was full, she tied it off and grabbed another from the ones she'd holstered on her person.

Look at the rest of these goofballs, only carrying around one bag. Did they plan to just stop after that point!?

As Ayane continued plowing through the trash, her eyes turned to and immediately locked on something special. Something she'd seen plenty of times before, but never had for herself. And there was no way she was getting it into the bag with her not-so-shiny new possessions. Luckily, it was an electronic object, and she knew just who wanted to see those. Kind of. Simple deduction told her it was probably the guy next to the pile of electronics who wasn't doing much else besides working with those. Before bringing this to him, though, there was something else she had to do. Ayane reached into the bag of her personal finds, pulling out a marker from within, and using it to mark the outside of the bag.

Ayane's stuff. Do not throw out!

She wouldn't want to lose all the cool things she found here over something silly like not putting her name on it, right? Important side-task complete, AYane picked up her incredible new find, and brought it over there with the other electronics. This guy was... O'Hara something-or-other. Foreign names were supposed to be the other way round though, so he was Something-Or-Other O'Hara.

What was his name, again? It started with Be, right? Be, Be, Be... Bernie? No, that isn't it. In the interest of not getting his name wrong, Ayane instead opted for something she knew was correct.

"Heeeeey, Really-Scary-Spider-Quirk-Guy!" Setting down her find, and sitting down to catch her breath from carrying it here, Ayane nodded to the thing she'd brought with her. A TV, in pretty bad shape. The screen was smashed, and the plug at the end of the cord was bent, and the frame was cracked in several places. "You're good with electronics, right? Think you can get this back in working order?"

Edited by yui

“Here, it helps with the smell a bit. Hopefully your spiders don’t mind the smell.”

"Ugh...yeah be glad they can't..." Benjamin groaned, holding his stomach some. This pile of garbage was truly something vile and revolting...and he second guessed himself on helping Ren out...because this was just bad, in every sense of the word. "Ugh...regardless, alright guys...time to get to work." he managed to get out, as the spiders gave a small salute, before preparing to grab small bits and pieces of trash from Mt. Garbage.

He too began to grab some, but he paused in his stride when actually saw something he wasn't expecting...at all.

"Hello, I am Sun! And this is my truck! It can fit so much garbage into itself. Do you wanna put the trash in the back, and I can drag it away?"

"...someone threw out...a whole truck?" Benjamin was both worried but at the same time, surprised at seeing this. "Honestly, that is a pretty good way to recycle and reuse that truck for the time being. Sun, that's a great find and an even greater method to help out! Kudos to you on being able to problem solve at that level!" he cheerfully said with a smile, albeit a bit hesitantly due to the rank smell of Mt. Garbage. "Ren, we may be able to use this to our advantage. Let's get what we can in Sun's truck here and work to lug it back out of h-..."

"Heeeeey, Really-Scary-Spider-Quirk-Guy!"

Benjamin winced a bit at hearing this calling. He sighed, shaking his head some, surprised someone could easily forget his name...then again, he told them to just call him 'Ben' to make sure they remembered his name. Nevertheless, he turned to see Ayane approaching with what seemed to be a busted TV.

"You're good with electronics, right? Think you can get this back in working order?"

He was quiet for a moment, before whistling towards his spiders, having them immediately crawl back up towards his shoulder. "First off, it's Benjamin...or Ben, if it makes it easier for you." Benjamin smiled, before moving towards the busted TV. Crouching down, he immediately put his hand on it, giving a nod to his spiders who immediately proceeded to crawl onto it...almost inspecting it. "The biggest problem I can see with this...is the fact that the screen on it is busted to hell and back. There could be a way to fix it, if we found another screen that I can replace it with. As for the cord's plug...well, while it's bent...I can somewhat fix that. Bent plugs aren't too much of an issue...will just need to find a way to reinforce it just to make sure it doesn't snap off."

He continued to look at the TV, before closing his eyes. It was almost as if...he was concentrating on something. "...well, that's good news." he smirked, before nodding. "The good news is, apparently the damage is just external. All the wiring and such inside is perfectly fine according to my little buddies here." The spiders began to exit the TV, making use of the cracked frame, returning to Benjamin. "Aside from the cracked frame and the screen itself...everything else may be an easy fix. I'd say...maybe a day or two...if I can get the parts to it within the right amount of time. If not...a week tops. I'd work on it right now, but the beach won't clean itself up." he chuckled. "Either way, if you want I can definitely fix this up for you, Ayane."

True to form, Towa didn't see the invisible punch to her face coming whatsoever, as it crashed into her cheekbone. Launched a few feet through the air by the impact, so lost her grip upon Rei's neck and hit the sand with a loud thud, surrounded by a loose cloud of sand that had been kicked up into the air by the commotion.

Wiping a streak of blood from her mouth, she began giggling to herself. "That was a nice love-tap." She stared at Rei for a few seconds, seemingly doing nothing, before continuing, "It's not telekinesis. How about you keep showing it to me, and when I guess it right, you nod your head? I can't imagine you can talk yet."

Rei wasn't interested in chatter. She sent her invisiarms forward, doing her best to immobilize the girl who went by Towa, but to her shock, they didn't meet their mark. Pushing herself up onto her hands, Towa pivoted, narrowly avoiding the attempted grapple as the pair of arms cut holes through the sand caught in the wind.

"Ooooooh, do you make invisible tentacles? Like some big scary monster in such a cute little package! Towa righted herself back onto her feet, her eyes darting all around to track the pair of arms as she nimbly dodged their assault, deliberately kicking up more of the sand with each of her movements. In between Rei's attempts, Towa snuck playful glances up at her, lightly tapping at her chin with one finger, "Oh! Maybe they are long stretchy arms, like your daddy Extendo's! That's it, I think I got it! He must be so proud!"

"What's it matter to you?"

Towa grinned. Doesn't sound like a denial to me… She spun around in a veil of sand, appearing almost like a ballerina having the time of her life, "Can't you tell me, pretty please? I'll even show you my quirk next time we see each other <3"

"Or we can just both keep it to ourselves and leave it be."

Towa stopped moving, allowing the arms to grab onto her shoulders. The smile had vanished, replaced with an expression of pure rage. Would a hunch be enough?

"Just tell me what it is. Don't make me kill you."

Narrowing her eyes Rei moved her grip on one of Towa's shoulders to her face instead. "What? Can't you tell?" She then goes to shove Towa down to the ground. She then began to move in a circle around the girl, making her way closer to where the rest were.

They felt almost like oven mitts grasping onto her. So she was right. "Careful with those arms of yours…" Behind Rei's back formed an inky shadow, hanging in mid-air. Though it would be impossible to see into it well, vague movements would be just barely visible within. "Hey, Rei-Rei?"

"I think I figured out my quirk. Wanna see?"

Before Towa could make use of it, however, a glowing wall of gold crashed in between the two of them, dispelling the shadow behind Rei's back and knocking her invisiarms away. A split second later, its creator arrived. Glory was fully covered in golden armor at this time, the only break being the visor he wore on his face, but even then the gold of his eyes shine through. On his back was a set of six wings of hard light, seemingly shedding glitter as they sparkled.

"STAY BACK." he outstretched an arm back to her, and hard light rose up from the sand beneath her feet, quickly carrying her up and away from the beach. "I'm so sorry…" As he opened his outstretched hand, a shining sword appeared in it, but when his initial barrier dissipated, Towa was nowhere to be found.

With a single flap of his wings, he made his way to Rei, making a stumbling landing as his armor and wings disappeared. He held a phone to his ear. "Yes, Todoya. Here on the beach. I don't know. Get everyone back on the bus, we're leaving." Turning to face Rei, he dropped the phone into his pocket. "I'm… so sorry. This wasn't supposed to happen… We will debrief you on everything that just happened, but first, do you require any medical attention?" He bent down, inspecting her as best he could, dismay apparent on his face when he saw the bruises already forming on her neck. "I… I'm so sorry, Konpaku… This wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know why this happened, but we will get to the bottom of this. I promise, whoever the hell she was, I'm not going to let her get away with this."

bro.png

"Everyone!!!" Epicenter yelled, while simultaneously sending out three large ripples of force throughout the entire beach, "Please make your way to the bus this instant! This is an emergency!"

Anemonesan was the first to react, extending her tentacles to move away anything that could have hindered the students' travels back up the beach, demonstrating considerable might. "Don't worry, everyone! We will make sure you all stay safe! Please be careful as you make your way back up to the bus!"

Rei narrowed her eyes. Did this girl just...So was that it? The Quirk this crazy girl was talking about. Before she could think about how to react a golden light appeared. Rei winced as the jolt forced her to retract her arms and instinctively back up a few steps.

Arriving, late of course, was the principal himself. She hadn't ever seen a Quirk like his before but there wasn't time to really look at it before it went away. Along with that Towa girl. Rei looked around for her until Glory started to speak to her.

"I… I'm so sorry, Konpaku… This wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know why this happened, but we will get to the bottom of this. I promise, whoever the hell she was, I'm not going to let her get away with this."

Because they really did a great job so far. It was so typical. They arrive late, flashily, and promise things. But who had been the one to be attacked? Who had to try and fight them off? Not the heroes that's for sure. Despite there being three of them here. It was all for show. Every bit of it.

"Oh thanks. Really appreciate it." Rei responded with heavy sarcasm. She shook her head. "Doesn't matter. Better me than one of those idiots I guess. Who knows how they'd handle it." She rolled her eyes as she passed him by. "I had it covered."

That's right. She was fine. Everything had been fine. She was doing perfectly okay. There was nothing to worry about. Rei found herself rubbing at her neck and then shoved her hand into a pocket. "Whatever..."

While getting onto the bus she didn't even bother to glare at Yasha, though she did avoid him as she went on, she just moved towards the back and made sure to get a seat by the window. Looking out of it she tried to think about anything else but nagging feelings kept creeping up on her. Something about how the girl had acted, even what she had revealed about her Quirk, felt somewhat familiar. She thought back on the events prior to the attack and wished she had paid more attention.

She glanced over at them. Just for a moment. Then it was back to the window. "Whatever." She muttered.

Should she talk to someone about it? But who? Most of the other students didn't like her and it's not like they could do anything even if she wasn't just being paranoid. What about the staff? She almost laughed. They had been so incompetent to let this happen even though they clearly were being more cautious than normal. What could they do?

No, surprise of surprises, she could only rely on herself if anything happened.

Rei frowned and pulled her hand down from her neck again.

She was fine.

Kingdom Come

The battle was over. Many sand troops lie bloody and beaten on the ground. Many others were maimed and killed. But there could only be one victor today, in this war for the half-destroyed disco ball. Today, Kingdom 'King of Disco' had won. They maintained their control over the legendary artifact, and thwarted their rivals plans to steal the disco ball away. But at what cost? Their gates were now in dire need of repair. They lost many soldiers. Was this disco ball worth the price of their lives? Only time would tell.

Or at least, time would tell on another occasion. There was suddenly a rush to return the students to the bus. Epicenter was barking at the top of her lungs, citing an emergency that was ending their beach trip early. Hideyo wasn't one to argue, but he didn't want to leave his disco ball behind. Removing it from the sand castle, he high-tailed it to the bus and didn't stick around to see what the fus was. Rather, he got on board and sat at the front of the bus, hugging the disco ball tightly as he waited to return to school. He was sure that the students would be filled on whatever happened, but he could wait.

ayane2.png

"First off, it's Benjamin...or Ben, if it makes it easier for you."

Ben! That was it! Ayane was impressed with how close she was. She listened in as the resident techie went though his diagnostics on the TV, what would have to be done to fix it, and how long it would take. Overall, the results sounded pretty good! Ayane couldn't believe someone would throw out a television that was so clearly fixable. Once it was all patched up and good as new, Ayane would make sure to give it plenty of use to make up for its shitty previous owners.

"Either way, if you want I can definitely fix this up for you, Ayane."

"Please do!" Ayane turned to resume her trash collection and salvage, but suddenly...

"Everyone!!! Please make your way to the bus this instant! This is an emergency!"

Oh. Guess that's it, then. That said, Ayane wasn't leaving without this cool new TV. Hurrying back to the bag she'd marked as hers, Ayane hoisted it up over her shoulder, and along with the TV in her arms, returned to the bus, grabbing a seat near the front where she'd left the rest of her clothes. Time to cover back up if she was heading back to school.

yumi.png

"Everyone!!! Please make your way to the bus this instant! This is an emergency!"

"That's unfortunate," Yumi sighed, tossing one last can into the trash. Eleven total, by her count. As Yumi turned and started toward the bus, she looked to Tsubasa. "What's your score?" The girl glanced around. Nothing seemed out of place. What could have been so urgent that everyone was getting hurried out like this? As she got up into the bus and grabbed a seat near the back, Yumi took a look out to the beach. It wasn't good as new or anything, but she could see the fruits of everyone's labor. That was a nice feeling it gave her, seeing her effort pay off.

Edited by yui

"Please do!"

Benjamin gave a nod and a smile at Ayane, glad that he was able to be of some assistance and help her out like this. However, it was still something he thought about...what if he was supposed to help people just like this? No costume needed, just be a techie that uses his Quirk to help those that need it. It was something he had always wondered...but at the same time, he had an all too familiar image flash into his mind for a moment.

...no. I made my decision...I have to do this. I'll help like this the best I can, but the Pro Hero path is what I've set on... he thought, shaking his head slightly.

"Don't worry, everyone! We will make sure you all stay safe! Please be careful as you make your way back up to the bus!"

Benjamin was now brought out of his thoughts as he heard/felt Epicenter's emergency message, along with seeing Anemonesan aiding to clear the way for the students. This didn't feel right, but at the same time...he wasn't sure what was going on, at all. He quickly got up, seeing Ayane stop off and grab the TV along with a good portion of things she found on the beach. He made his way back towards the bus, immediately taking a detour as he grabbed what bags that were in the spot he marked which would be the E-Waste. Seemed like there was some, so that did help out. Grabbing those few bags, Benjamin and his spiders made it back to the bus, immediately bowing his head slightly to the two Heroes.

"Sorry...I just needed to finish this job...it won't happen again." he said sheepishly, already filing in with the bags. Though now, what plagued Benjamin's mind was this one question: what happened? Nothing seemed misplaced, out of order...nothing...it seemed, normal. Was that the reason? Or was there more to it? Honestly, the young man couldn't answer these questions...he didn't have the right mindset to truly understand the situation.

Tsubasa couldn't help but think for all the spectacle it could generate, that Yumi's quirk was a fairly troublesome thing to have. Then, when asked about her own quirk and its own deficiencies the cat girl tried to figure out what about her quirk had caused her trouble in the past. It wasn't like her quirk was something active like shooting lightning, and so anything she had for better or worse was something she always lived with. Not to mention, from what little she knew about comparing herself to other people, she was way more awesome at her hobbies then the average person. Though, looking back she figured there was one thing that was kind a of pain. "Well, I'm pretty sure my quirk is pretty awesome all around. But I guess when I was younger I had to learn to not keep my tail dragging on the ground while walking in a crowd. Let me tell you, it's pretty painful to be walking down the street and have someone step on your tail. And then you stumble and get stopped in place for a moment and everything just feels way out of whack! But now," the girl flicked her tail from side to side saying, "I'm an absolute pro with this now, nyahaha." 

As she finished her own explanation, the two of them went back to their game only for it to be interrupted as they heard their teacher call for them to return. Though the situation sounded urgent, Tsubasa couldn't help but feel a bit bummed, the displeasure clear on her face. "And just when I was getting used to the rancid smell of this dump." The girl grumbled to herself. Shrugging as she walked back, she looked over as Yumi said her score thinking for a moment. "Hmmm, I think I got nine total. Eh? Oh, that means I lost." She seemed surprised this conclusion, before smiling, snapping and pointing at Yumi. "Well, that was a fun match. Look forward to the next one!" With that, the girl made her way to the bus.

"Ugh...yeah be glad they can't..."

Ren gave a sheepish smile from behind his mask as he also returned to the grim task of dismantling the miasmic mountain. Shoving piles of slime covered trash into bags only unearthed the more moist interior, renewing the stench with every bag until Ren was overwhelmed. Stepping away from the heap to take a series of frantic breaths, he saw a fellow classmate hauling...something.

"Hello, I am Sun! And this is my truck! It can fit so much garbage into itself. Do you wanna put the trash in the back, and I can drag it away?"

Ren was taken aback by Sun’s strange offering and the brute strength it took to drag it across the beach without functional wheels. Peeking behind the wreck, he marveled at the deep wane in the sand carved in the truck’s wake, unearthing yet more buried. Equally confusing was the fact that someone had abandoned an entire truck on a beach. However, any able pair of hands was a welcome relief in the conquest of Trash Mountain, no matter what they came bearing.

"Ren, we may be able to use this to our advantage. Let's get what we can in Sun's truck here and work to lug it back out of h-..."

“Definitely,” Ren replied with a sigh of relief, ‘Thank you for the help Sun-san. Here, let’s load the bags.”

For a good few minutes, things seemed to return to something resembling normal, with Ren and Sun hefting the damp bags of trash into the bed of the truck, then the empty cab of the truck once the bed had already been piled high. While picking up trash would not have been the first thing he thought he would be doing at a beach, the rhythmic movement was oddly relaxing to the mind. This physical meditation was interrupted by three tremors. At first, he thought it might have been a real earthquake, but the vibrations were too regular and rhythmic to be natural

"Don't worry, everyone! We will make sure you all stay safe! Please be careful as you make your way back up to the bus!"

At first, Ren thought this may be yet another test, much like the one in the simulated city, but something in the urgency in their voices suggested a true emergency.

“Well, looks like we won’t be bringing this back,” Ren said to Sun, gesturing to the truck that was now bursting at the seams with trash, “Hopefully whoever finds it next can finish what we started.”

Picking up his equipment, Ren then turned to address Ben and Ayane who were busy fussing over a broken TV instead of picking up more trash.

“We should probably get out of here. It looks like this might be a real emergency this time.”

Yasha sat next to Ben again on the way back. He was, in all honesty, disappointed. They'd been told they were going to the beach-- it turned out to be a cleanup project, which they did not forewarn them about. Then, something went wrong and they didn't even get to finish the cleanup. It was getting frustrating, all this runaround. What had even happened? He'd barely had time to help Kio when they'd called them back, and he didn't see anything go wrong. He was positive he was missing something-- and he was also positive he was going to figure it out in the middle of the night when he was trying to sleep.

He took a few deep breaths and decided not to think about it.

"Hey O'Hara. Dig up anything cool back there? I saw you working on a TV."

2avvIQl.jpg

With the engine-head not even humoring Kio with a response, his mood had now doubled in sour.  It was like he was ignoring Kio altogether, which was starting to get irritating.  His eye's twitched, as he still wore a smile, the contrast in his mood versus how he was expressing it was drastic at this moment.  Still, Kio continued to load bunches of trash into his bag, determined to be the one who picked up the most today, despite this blight in front of him being of no use.  Surprisingly, even though he was plucking garbage like a madman, his attention was brought to a shining light in the distance, from where Yasha had run to him from.  There was only one hero around that shined that brightly, and there had to be a reason he was here.  

"Hey, Yasha was it?  Go be useless somewhere else, I'm gonna go check on something, okay?"  Kio waved off Yasha, and started to run in the direction of the light, but was almost tripped up by three seismic shocks.  Epicenter was using her quirk too?  Something was up.  

"Please make your way to the bus this instant! This is an emergency!"

Anemonesan easily wiped away a trail for the students to make there way through.  Kio was in awe of her sheer display of strength, easily getting rid of all the heavy garbage it would've taken him days to clear.  He could only smile.  But he had to look back again, just to see if he could figure out just what this emergency was all about.  The garbage was piled high, so he couldn't get a good grasp of the situation he was in, but it would've been rad to see him in action.  

"Geez...ruining the fun so soon?  You must've gone soft somewhere."  Kio sighed, as he made his way towards, and onto the bus.  There he pointed a finger towards everyone in their seats.  "I DECLARE MYSELF THE VICTOR!  I cleared more trash than any one of you guaranteed!"  

unknown.png

Natalia had wandered off away from Hakaro, begrudgingly picking up the trash from the ground and putting it in a bag. She used her quirk to lift up or readjust lighter pieces of garbage like wrappers and straws around, helping her a bit, but overall it was a slow and frustrating process. "This is so stupid..." She muttered to herself, kicking some sand in the process. "What a drag!" She shouted, crushing the can in her hand. As she did, she saw Rome Depot walking around, towards another student. Notably, not Rei; wasn't he suppose to be helping that other girl with... whatever it was they were assigned to do? She was pretty sure whatever was going on in there was far more important and interesting than trash collecting, and Fan Cam could probably use some help. Of course, she'd have to remember where they were assigned to go. With a bit of a skip in her step, she started walking around, trying to find where they had gone.

When she got there, Nat couldn't help but let an audible gasp. She found Rei with the principle, the latter talking on the phone about dismissing the trip. Good news, Nat thought, before she noticed what looked like bruises on Rei's neck. Did Glory do that? No, he seemed too concerned for that to be the case. Plus, it wouldn't really make sense. There must have been some sort of villain attack. She had seen this scenario play out before. Glory showed up to save the day, but he had gotten there too late; Rei had already gotten hurt.

They always arrived too late.

Gritting her teeth, Nat decided it would be best if she started getting on the bus. With the bag of garbage still in her hand, she turned around, ready to leave this place.

Emi had wandered far from the group. Using her quirk to gather floating pieces of trash in the salty water, she had quickly amassed an impressive pile, floating alongside her as she waded in the knee-deep water. Unfortunately, as she glanced back behind her, she realized that she had wandered quite far from the main group, far enough that she couldn't see them past the mountains of garbage surrounding. But, behind her, she heard a pair of voices.

Impending Danger

Although she couldn't tell what was being said, she could hear a sense of urgency in the voices, so she did her best to stay quiet and unseen as she peeked from behind an abandoned fridge, watching the events unfold.

Konpaku, one of her classmates, was speaking to a girl Emi didn't recognize. She seemed to be only a few years older than her, if even that. But then, things took a turn for the sickening. In the blink of an eye, Konpaku was being lifted up off of the ground, held tightly by her neck. 

I… I need to save her… Emi did her best to push herself forward, to save Konpaku like Seigi had saved her on the first day. That's what heroes do, right? She gripped the corner of the fridge that sheltered her, her knuckles white from the force she was exerting. Seigi said that her legs moved her without thinking… Or something like that… Why won't mine move at all?

And so, Kikuchi Emi watched motionlessly as her classmate did everything she could just to survive, frozen in fear. Once Glory arrived to rescue Rei, Emi fled, sprinting all the way back to the main group and wordlessly boarding the bus. Pulling out her phone, she frantically typed out a text message.

Dad… I can't do this… I can't be a hero. I'm sorry for letting you down.

hakaro.png

Everyone!!! Please make your way to the bus this instant! This is an emergency!"

"Don't worry, everyone! We will make sure you all stay safe! Please be careful as you make your way back up to the bus!"

Seemingly out of nowhere, the students were being urged back onto the bus. Did something unexpected happen? Hakaro wondered to himself, as the fish hero effortlessly tossed gigantic pieces of trash aside. "Now if she is that capable, what the fuck are we doing here?" Nevertheless, Hakaro made his way onto the bus, casually glancing around over his shoulders for clues as to what exactly was going on.

bro.png

Tuesday Morning

The next morning, Kikuchi Emi's desk was conspicuously empty. At the head of the class stood a man in a suit with a rather frightening face. He stood by Epicenter's desk, awkwardly tapping his finger on it as he glanced at the door. "So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…"

The hero turned his face a few degrees from the class, as if that would make him inaudible, before muttering to himself more than loud enough for the entire class to hear, "Fuck, why did I agree to this… Tomoaki you son of a bitch…" Quickly bringing himself to attention, he straightened his back and turned to address the class once again, "A-anyway, I'm sorry to inform you all that uhhh…" frantically running to a position behind the desk, he leaned down and ruffled through a stack of papers, dropping several on the ground as he went, "Kikuchi Emi has dropped out of UA, for personal reasons. But there is good news, too!" scrabbling deeper into his notes, he crumpled up a few papers and tossed them aside, "She will be replaced by the next runner-up in the entrance exam! Hoshinoooooo Rika!"

With an unhealthy dose of melodrama, Dreadbolt pointed toward the classroom door with both hands… standing perfectly still in perfect silence for several seconds, before slouching in disappointment, "Is it too much to ask students to be punctual??? Can't I get one damn break???"

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

It was time.

Somehow, someway, she was getting into U.A. It wasn't... It wasn't real. It actually wasn't. She wasn't supposed to be here, she was meant to be, well, in the general course. It was good enough for her, really. She had just barely missed out on being in the Hero Course before, one spot behind. The message that there was an empty spot, if she wanted it, was enough to send her heart into a panic when she read it. It took a bit of... Persuading to let her parents make the transfer. Well, that wasn't entirely correct.

"You made it? Well... Good for you, dear. I know I've never been quiet about my distaste for the Hero business, but if this is what you want... I'll support it."

Her mom was about as... Straightforward as it gets. She didn't care about heroes. She didn't see the magic behind it, she just saw the attitudes of the ones who came into her shop. The same as any customer.

Her dad, on the other hand... There was a lot of proud blubbering from him and vague promises of making sure she got all the training she could ever need. He was a lot more involved than mom was. She expected that much.

And now... She was in front of the class, waiting for the mark to go in and introduce herself. She had heard about the Hero Course students, she knew there were some... Interesting sorts in there. Her skin started to turn a mix of red and blue, swirling patterns across her body as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes...

"She will be replaced by the next runner-up in the entrance exam! Hoshinoooooo Rika!"

She steadied her breathing slightly, her tail flicking on the ground behind her for a moment as she blinked, opening up her eyes as she heard her name, eh? 

"-tudents to be punctual??? Can't I get one damn break???"

She muttered underneath her breath lightly, pushing the door open as the swirls of color along her body seemed to shift and move along it, before starting to fade back to normal as she walked into the room. "I'm sorry, I'm here! I was lost in thought a bit. Uh... My name is Hoshino Rika, and it's good to be here! I barely didn't make it before, and I thought I wasn't going to ever get the chance again... But I'm glad to be here now!"

She rubbed at her cheek a tiny bit, whispering to herself as she glanced at the class, "Am I supposed to introduce my Quirk? I think so. Uh, my Quirk is Chameleon. It's pretty... Straightforward, I won't demonstrate, it'll crop up over the day almost for sure." True to her word, as she spoke up, her skin started turn a shade of brown, darkening more as she gulped. She glanced from side to side, before turning towards Dreadbolt, "I'm gonna go sit down now."

"Okay, everyone, she's just gonna sit down now! Uhh there is an empty spot right there, you can take that I think. Nobody else is supposed to be there right?"

She quickly made her way towards the empty desk, settling down with a little sigh as she closed her eyes and slumped back into her new seat. Her body was starting to change color again, slowly reverting back to normal as she relaxed a bit, her hands settling down against it as she dropped her bag onto the ground next to her. Her hands moved to her tail, sliding it through the back of the seat to help give her some breathing room... It was time.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

While on the bus, Benjamin was engaged in another conversation by Yasha, which did prompt him to leave his little thought train about what had happened.

"Hey O'Hara. Dig up anything cool back there? I saw you working on a TV."

"Oh that? ...nah, nothing exactly." Benjamin explained, shaking his head. "The TV is what Ayane brought to me, seeing if I could fix it....which I sorta can. Regardless, everything else is more or less just E-Waste that I figured it best to take with rather than letting it remain on the beach where it could do any harm." At this point, the conversation evolved and reached a point where Benjamin was explaining the horrors of E-Waste and the affects it could have on the environment...and it was probably something that Yasha might not have cared for...but it was a conversation that was had regardless...

Tuesday morning...it was...not something he expected...least not at first.

The night prior he got working on ordering the parts needed to fix Ayane's "beach TV", as he dubbed it, as well as getting the electronics and whatnot from the beach to an E-Waste location in order to dispose of the garbage properly. This morning he would end up informing Ayane of the waiting process of the parts...which would be, like he said, a day or two with the parts...a week to fix it.

However...when he arrived in class...Epicenter wasn't there...it was someone else.

"So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…"

...he's literally trying to keep himself from cursing...guess that means this guy's real loose with his tongue. Benjamin shrugged, not realizing the 'tongue' comment would be more applicable with the next thing.

"A-anyway, I'm sorry to inform you all that uhhh…Kikuchi Emi has dropped out of UA, for personal reasons. But there is good news, too! She will be replaced by the next runner-up in the entrance exam! Hoshinoooooo Rika! Is it too much to ask students to be punctual??? Can't I get one damn break???"

New student? Emi dropped? Honestly he wasn't sure what to think at first...but the moment the new student came in, he definitely knew what to think. Or rather...he knew what his spider's definitely thought.

"I'm sorry, I'm here! I was lost in thought a bit. Uh... My name is Hoshino Rika, and it's good to be here! I barely didn't make it before, and I thought I wasn't going to ever get the chance again... But I'm glad to be here now! Uh, my Quirk is Chameleon. It's pretty... Straightforward, I won't demonstrate, it'll crop up over the day almost for sure."

The moment the word "Chameleon" was spoken by the new girl, Benjamin felt his head ringing with a cacophony of screams of various phrases: "We're doomed!", "The end has come!", "She's going to eat us!", "I'm too young to die!"...were just a few that he could make out. The young man groaned a bit, holding his head, letting it hit the desk slightly. ...guys...GUYS!!! he thought as loudly as he could to try and calm his spiders. ...she's not going to eat you...calm down...and quit yelling. Sheesh...I don't need a spider induced headache right now...not in class. After a while they subsided, but Benjamin still was rubbing his temples slightly just from having a headache beginning to form.

After the bus ride Rei found herself in the office of her ABSOLUTE favorite person in the world. The "Pro Hero" Orikami. The room, much like the hero herself, seemed obnoxious to Rei. It was entirely black and white. Perhaps she thought the contrast was artsy and made her look sophisticated.

As if.

"And her name, you said it was Towa?"

Rei sighed. She shifted in her seat and started bouncing one leg. "Yup, that's what she said anyway." Rei was already tired of this and they hadn't been at it for long. They dressed it up and called this a "debriefing" but it seemed more like an interrogation. As if she was the one who did something wrong.

"Nothing else? Just Towa?"

Rei was really getting annoyed now. "Yes, just Towa. How many times do I have to say that?" What did they expect, a full name, phone number, and address?

"It's not much to work with. And what was the purpose of the attack?" That ticked the girl off even more. Not much to work with? Sorry she didn't get more information from the woman attacking her. It's almost as if she wasn't a professional whose job it was to stop this sort of thing.

"Well she seemed really crazy so maybe that's it."

"It's been reported that you and her spoke before things turned violent. Did she say anything that might betray her intent?"

"She said she wanted to." Rei rolled her eyes "Be friends. She wanted to know more about me. It was really creepy."

"Know more about you? Like what?" Rei was starting to grow uncomfortable. What were they looking for? What would they do if she said Towa was trying to learn her Quirk. And did it really make that much of a difference? Whatever, they could go screw themselves. If they wanted to know all this they should have actually caught the girl.

"What does it matter? She attacked me and she got away. Who cares what she asked about she's a nutjob."

Orikami narrowed her eyes, as the wallpaper fluttered, almost imperceptibly, "Are you hiding something, Konpaku?"

"Yeah, my patience for this garbage. It's hiding somewhere and I can't find it." Rei snapped back.

"Every piece of information helps us to find this girl and bring her to justice. Is there anything else from the encounter that we should know?"

"Yeah she likes to choke people. Why don't you ask Chainsaw if he saw something. Or why he ran off." Rei grumbled.

"We are working on that. You're free to go, but do know we will be keeping an eye on you. For your safety, of course."

"Sure, you all being around was SO helpful before." Rei said as she left. Bunch of useless jerks.

After an absolutely terrible day Rei finally got to go home. As she entered her house she took a deep breath. On the way here she was trying to think of what to say to her dad about what happened. How to explain the marks. How much to tell him. He was a hero too but maybe she should give some more information to him. Being her dad and all.

She made her way through the house and found him sitting in front of the TV.

He looked over at her when she walked in and Rei braced herself. But he only smiled and said "Hey there Sunshine. Guess the trip lasted a bit longer than expected eh? Haha, you kids really do get to play around a lot don't you? Guess it's only fair you get the fun stuff out of the way now." He gestured in the direction of the kitchen. "You were gone when I got here so I got some food delivered. It's in a bag in the fridge."

Rei hovered there for a few moments as though waiting. "Is...uh, is that all?" She asked.

He looked over at her and seemed a bit confused. "Yeah, why, did I forget something?"

Rei shook her head and muttered "no". She then turned away and started for the kitchen.

"Oh, and Rei?" She paused. "I'll be gone early tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know."

The girl continued onward to her room. She looked around blankly for a couple minutes. Everything was in its place. Nothing seemed disturbed at all. Not that she really expected something amiss. But she had to admit part of her wondered if she would find the smiling girl sitting on her bed or something.

Rei started to change and happened to glance in the mirror. There was the bruise. More clear than ever before. Right in plain sight. Anyone who looked at her should have been able to see it.

Anyone who cared.

She turned away from the mirror abruptly and moved to her computer. Sitting down and powering it up she took out her headphones and put them in. Drowning herself in music as she stared blankly at the screen.

If anything happened she was on her own. She knew that already.

She knew that.

So why was there this pain in her chest?

Rei went to school wearing a scarf. It was a bit chilly so she figured that it wouldn't be questioned too badly. Especially since no one really had any reason to come up to talk to her about it. And as she thought she made it into her seat, one of the first to arrive, without even a questioning look.

She leaned her head down on her arms which she had placed on the desk and waited for the day to begin. She raised an eyebrow when she realized that there was someone she didn't know standing in front of the class. Just another hero from what she could tell.

When he introduced himself Rei already felt herself dismissing him. "One incompetent teacher or another; guess they really are interchangeable." She muttered.

Speaking of interchangeable it seemed that one of their classmates, Rei honestly couldn't put a face to the name, had apparently left. She wondered briefly if she hadn't been the only one attacked and this was their way of covering it up.

But no, that was ridiculous even for them. Rei briefly examined the girl that had taken the other student's place. She seemed cute enough. And not loud. Rei supposed it could be worse.

Probably just another face in the crowd though.

Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma... Chameleon!

Hideyo was admittedly out of the loop. He was focused on single things at a time, as it helped him to keep himself grounded in reality. Or, so he liked to believe. After returning to school, Hideyo occupied himself with pleasant thoughts about his disco ball. He wanted to repair it. He would reshape and stain the glass. And with the help of his quirk, he could bring it to life again. He would give that discoball a new purpose, in honor of the fallen sand soldiers who defended it.

He stared out of the window of his class for most of the day, wondering intently about what happened at the beach. Dreadbolt would be their substitute teacher for some time, but Hideyo was far from concerned with that. Taking away from the eerie air, a new student had appeared. This caught Hideyo's eye. Well, that and Dreadbolt's booming voice as he introduced her.

Her name was Hoshino Rika. Her quirk was Chameleon, and was pretty self-explanatory. But of all the quirks in the class, this one caught Hideyo's eye the most. The color pattern that appeared across her skin as it changed to reflect its surroundings was the most interesting thing he had ever seen! For some reason, it became his new focus. This is what his father was talking about when he explained Hideyo's last visit to the doctor. His focus being changed to one thing at a time and causing an intense interest in only that topic. It was one of the few things that he learned about himself and what it would be like to live with autism.

As Hoshino Rika took her seat, Hideyo offered her a smile and a handshake. "Hi. I'm Hideyo," he said happily. "And I think your quirk is the coolest thing I've seen. Ever!"

Uh-oh. He was about to start asking a lot of questions about it, wasn't he? He couldn't stop himself. She would quickly find him annoying. That's okay. He understood.

Edited by Comrade Duck