(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega! [IC/CLOSED/PG-16/BEST RP 2020 WINNER]

2avvIQl.jpg

The ride home that day gave him enough time to stew in annoyance.  Periodically, he'd look over his seat, and towards Rei.  That other good for nothing hero wannabe was involved in something to do with why they had to leave, and he was going to figure out.  For now, he'd bide his time.  He was still upset that he didn't get to see the main man in action, but he'd see something along those lines sooner or later.  That night, Kio went to bed early.  Maybe tomorrow would offer a bit more excitement.

The next day sure was a doozy after all.  They had a sub, Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt.  He'd never forget a face like that, regardless of his quirk.  

"So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…"

No doubt something went awry during the trip.  He glanced at Rei for a split second.  

"Fuck, why did I agree to this… Tomoaki you son of a bitch…A-anyway, I'm sorry to inform you all that uhhh…Kikuchi Emi has dropped out of UA, for personal reasons."   

Kio sighed.  Just someone who wasn't up to the challenge he guessed.  Her display of skills during the first test was truly a sight to behold, but maybe that's all she was worth.  A shame he wasn't able to at least make a memory card of her quirk.  It looked rather strong.

"But there is good news, too!  She will be replaced by the next runner-up in the entrance exam! Hoshinoooooo Rika!"  With an unhealthy dose of melodrama, Dreadbolt pointed toward the classroom door with both hands… standing perfectly still in perfect silence for several seconds, before slouching in disappointment, "Is it too much to ask students to be punctual??? Can't I get one damn break???"  Well, not everyone could be him, but this surely wasn't a good first impression.  However, someone was coming into view from the doorway.  Maybe they weren't late after all.

"I'm sorry, I'm here! I was lost in thought a bit. Uh... My name is Hoshino Rika, and it's good to be here! I barely didn't make it before, and I thought I wasn't going to ever get the chance again... But I'm glad to be here now!"  Definitely a shy girl, she played with her face and quietly went on. "Am I supposed to introduce my Quirk? I think so. Uh, my Quirk is Chameleon. It's pretty... Straightforward, I won't demonstrate, it'll crop up over the day almost for sure." In a fit of nervousness, her body began to change colors.  Quite the display, but it wasn't anything flashy.  Well...he really didn't have much room to speak on that aspect himself anyway.  "I'm gonna go sit down now."

Kio was miffed at the fact that the girl was a mutant, but she seemed nice enough.  Why the hell did someone with that kind of demeanor want to be a hero though?

"Make sure you give this everything you've got.  This is your lucky break after all."  Kio grinned, only moving his eyes to look at the girl. 

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Yasha was a purveyor of three things, and three things only. Heroes, hydraulic presses crushing random objects, and pretty girls in uniforms. There was certainly no denying that the new girl was pretty. And in uniform. She was just plain cute from head to toe!

He did his best not to watch her walk past, but his eyes were basically in the sides of his head, so he couldn't help but see.

Once she was behind him, he turned back to the substitute. Dreadbolt had some serious style-- in fact, it looked like he had a head like Yasha's! Which was super cool, in his book, but it might just be a mask or a helmet or something-- some Pros did that.

"Mr Dreadbolt! I have a question!"

"Yes, metalhead? What is it??"

"Is that your actual head? And if so, how does a hero deal with having a scary head?" Yasha paused, then added, "I'm uh, asking for a friend."

"Of course it's my head. You think I'm gonna wear a mask indoors? That would be pretty lame. And these pearly whites help scare away villains!" Dreadbolt scratched at his chin, eyeing the rest of the students before whispering, "Who are you asking for? I could probably just talk to them directly."

Yasha, perhaps not realizing that them whispering doesn't make it harder for the others to hear, whispered back. "Oh, um. Myself."

"Oh. OHHHH! Don't worry, I'm sure a handsome devil like you is gonna slay!" He said, whispering as loudly as humanly possible.

Yasha "quietly" pumped his fist and then returned to paying attention as if the entire class hadn't just seen and heard that.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

Huh.

She hadn't really expected anyone to give her any mind when she showed up, except maybe to ridicule her for being here when she didn't pass before, but... There was a pretty decent reaction after all. Aside from the boy who was rubbing his head like he was dealing with a headache, there was... Surprisingly a decent reception. No one outright telling her not to be here, at the very least. Maybe she had let her nerves get the best of her earlier after all. As she made her way to the desk, she heard a comment from one of the students on the other side of the room.

Don't waste her chance.

She rolled her eyes a tiny bit, her tail curling around the leg of the chair as she settled in. She didn't need him to tell her that, it was... Well, it was obvious, it didn't take a genius to find out she got lucky to be here. The steady shift of colors across her body had settled down as she relaxed a bit, it felt good to not be the center of attention anymore... Right up to the point that she saw someone turning around in his desk, doing his best to get a better look at her as he held out his hand.

"Hi. I'm Hideyo," he said happily. "And I think your quirk is the coolest thing I've seen. Ever!"

She paused for a moment, before she reached over to take his hand with a sheepish grin on her face, "Aw, geez, I dunno about that really. Uh... I think if it was the coolest thing ever, I would've gotten in without having to get a little lucky." She laughed gently, her other hand rubbing at the back of her neck as she glanced up at the ceiling. "It's not, like... Terrible, at least! My dad had it bad, he didn't get any of the stuff mine can do. He was pretty nervous when I was born."

She trailed off as she looked around the room, getting a look at some of the... Other students. Most of them looked pretty normal, except for maybe the guy who had just started talking to Dreadbolt there... And the giant man next to her who did not look like he was the same age as the rest of them. She wasn't going to question it though, what was the point? With the world how it was, he might be the youngest one here for all she knows!

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

Edited by Kazooie

unknown.png

The next day Natalia was greeted by a substitute teacher; some mechanical looking clown called Dreadvolt. She didn't really care about whatever buffoonery he was going on about; she glanced over towards Rei. She seemed okay, or at least as okay as Fan Cam usually was. The exception being that she was wearing a scarf, probably to hide the bruises she got on her neck. Good - the less these idiots knew about what happened to her the better. She needed to know what villain had attacked her classmate and stop them; the last thing she needed was the circus brigade getting in her way. She'd have to talk to Rei about it later, somewhere more private than their homeroom classroom.

Her attention was brought away from the girl and towards their new classmate Hoshino Rika. "Kaleidoscope" She muttered under her breath, assigning a nickname for the new girl once she saw what her quirk did, before turning her attention towards the roof of the classroom as she leaned back on her chair. The new girl didn't really strike her as anything phenomenal, just another well meaning, starry eyed sheep in the herd.

At least she didn't seem annoying like some of these other jokers.

Having gotten off the bus and parting ways with the other students, Tsubasa couldn't help but feel an itch to do something in the back of her head after starting her walk home. She tried to figure out what it was, realizing that it was probably something as a result of the beach trip. As she thought more and more on it, the girl realized what it was, brightening up as she started to walk with more purpose. Minutes later, she came out of a nearby supermarket, now kicking and juggling around one of her brand new hacky sacks. A big smile on her face she nodded saying, "man it's been a while. Maybe I should get some cans too." With that, the girl walked her way home with her new found sport ball. 

Walking into class the next day, Tsubasa still seemed to be kicking a hacky sack around, clearly invested in this pastime. However, once she got through the door the girl caught it with her hands before walking towards walking to the desk of one lightning based student. "Yo, Omuko, here ya go." The girl placed the hacky sack onto the girl's desk before smiling. "If you ever want a rematch or anything." With that Tsubasa went back to her desk, leaning back and pulling out her phone to kill some time. 

It didn't take long, however, for the class to begin with a new teacher. As the man introduced himself, he as well informed them that Emi would no longer be showing up to class and that they had a new student in her place. Upon hearing this, Tsubasa tried to put a name to a face but did not for the life of her remember who this Emi person was at all, and so it didn't particularly matter to her that they had apparently dropped out. And instead they got a girl who could change colors! Tsubasa marveled at the girl, though in quite the same way someone would a magic trick, and were it not for the small verbal exchange between the dog and monkey man, Tsubasa might've asked her to change colors again. But instead, because that had happened, a coy grin appeared on the cat's face as she said, "ah what's the matter Dog Breath. Someone need a scratch behind the ear?" 

dianabannerneo.png

Diana spent the rest of the trip in a daze. Hakaro had gotten a bit too close, something had happened, and she had been too frazzled to handle it... Maybe she could ask about it the next day at school? If, y'know... Hakaro wasn't going to ask her anything after that happened. Oh God, that would be...

-----

The next day, rather than answers, Diana found a substitute teacher... and a new student, to replace Emi? Had she really not noticed losing someone...? What was wrong with her yesterday? She was failing as a hero, so soon...!

"Aw, geez, I dunno about that really. Uh... I think if it was the coolest thing ever, I would've gotten in without having to get a little lucky." The new girl laughed gently, her other hand rubbing at the back of her neck as she glanced up at the ceiling. "It's not, like... Terrible, at least! My dad had it bad, he didn't get any of the stuff mine can do. He was pretty nervous when I was born."

"I... think it's something special." Diana responded softly, trying to gather herself, "The test didn't seem like it was, uh... [fair], if you know what I mean. [At least, that's what I think...] B-but I'm Diana! Nice to meet you, Rika."

"Don't make the dog man angry. He looks very pettable, but he lights on fire, and fire is bad,"

"Shut the fuck up, monkey man."

"ah what's the matter Dog Breath. Someone need a scratch behind the ear?" 

"[Good grief.] You'll, uh, get used to it."

Takehiko was minding himself as he chatted up Sun, before frowning as he put his hand to his ear, a loud crackling echoing into his ear, "What the...?"

"Everyone, please make your way to the bus immediately! This is an emergency!"

Takehiko found himself shocked as he heard the heroes calling for an emergency leave. Was there really that much of a rush to warrant it? Then... that static may have been something! He ordered his pawns to stay behind and hide in some of the rubbage in order to attempt to spy for what was going on. Hopefully his teachers had already been led to believe he was too much of a goody-two shoes to utilize them in that way. With a satisfied smirk he drifted off to the land of sleep, hoping he'd be able to glean together some of what was going on.

The next day he found himself deep in thought as he walked into school. He hadn't dismissed his pawns and was hoping they hadn't been caught. Usually they wouldn't listen but this was a rather important task he'd given them. Once he got to the classroom he not only found a substitute teacher, but a new student! He gave a small sigh, as someone that didn't know him or what he'd led people to believe was a small issue with skirting around things. Ah well, more practice for bringing heroes and civilians together! He... didn't even notice if eyes turned towards him as Takehiko was, admittedly... quite a bit late, his hair a bit disheveled and not looking as prim and proper as usual.

"Ah, hello there! My name is Takehiko, pleased to make your acquaintance!" He gave a small, polite bow before going back to sit at his usual seat near the front. He folded his hands in front of his face, seeming to be rather deep in thought as he closed his eyes.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

"Hello, I am Sun! I like your quirk! It reminds me of home!" 

She paused for a moment at that, she wasn't expecting him to be so... Eager? He looked intimidating, she was thinking of something a bit more... Maybe reserved wasn't the term she was looking for but... "Hello, reminds you of home, huh? Well... Hopefully that's a good reminder then!" She grinned a bit sheepishly, before hearing him speak up again.

"If you ever feel scared, just come find me! I'll protect you! You and Takehiko!"

"Eh? Well, thanks!" She gave him a small smile, but... She didn't have the heart to tell him that if she couldn't protect herself, she shouldn't even be here. That was the entire point of Heroes in the literal sense, to try and protect others. If she couldn't keep herself safe... What was the point?

The girl who introduced herself next, Diana, she seemed a bit out of it. Maybe shaken. She didn't really know why, but... "The test was fine, I mean... I almost made it, I just didn't do well enough. That's my fault. I should've pushed myself a bit harder, or figured something out. That's no fault of the test." She rubbed at her neck a tiny bit, before smiling to Diana and nodding slightly, "It's nice to meet you too."

The conversation after the fact, the dogguy getting angry... And Sun here telling her to avoid making him mad was something to keep in mind, but she couldn't deny that he had a point there. She had no idea what happened exactly, was it related to the empty spot that opened up for her? Did someone have to die for her to have this opportunity...?

"I hope I get used to this..." She muttered gently as Diana ended her own sentence, a deep breath escaping her as she tried to relax a little bit.

"Ah, hello there! My name is Takehiko, pleased to make your acquaintance!"

She gave him a nod, and was about to speak up, but just as quickly as he spoke, he had already left and made his way to that desk of his, her hand moving to rub at her neck lightly. The activity in the room was hectic, it was... Hard to ignore that everyone seemed a little on edge. Her colors shifted a bit, her hands folding across her desk... And changing color to blend in with it, making it hard to tell they were even there as she sighed.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

ayane2.png

Another day, another class! While she was definitely into the idea of becoming a pro hero, Ayane had to admit, classrooms were totally not her ideal setting. Today, however, there was someone that was decidedly not Epicenter standing up where the teacher was supposed to be.

"So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…"

Dreadbolt. Ayane had to admit. That name was super awesome. If only she had thought of it first! With his arrival came some new news, too. The Emi girl - Ayane did remember her, but never really got the chance to get to know her - had transferred out of UA. Why was that, Ayane wondered? Second thoughts about the pro hero career? Whatever it was, it meant that the next student down the list was getting transferred in! Hoshino Rika! She had a tail! A lizard-y tail. Her Quirk had something to do with chameleons, she'd said, taking the now-empty seat next to Sun.

That made them almost-next-desk neighbors. As everyone else made their way to say hi to the new girl, Ayane propped herself up on her chair. Not standing on it of course, but sitting on it with her knees instead of her legs gave her an extra bit of height. All the better to tilt her chair back - hanging onto her desk to avoid falling, of course - and wave hi to the new girl as well. "Hey~ Welcome to the class! Name's Ayane, it's nice to mee--WAH!" Ayane's wave-and-greet move had been rather rudely interrupted, not by any person or object, but by a force of nature itself.

Specifically, gravity.

The edge of the desk slipped out from between Ayane's fingers, causing the girl and her chair to fall back on a crash course with the floor. Even as she turned and grabbed the desk behind her - nearly bringing that down with her too - Ayane barely avoided a very sudden fall. "...and good morning to you too, while I'm here," Ayane smiled at the smoke girl who sat behind her, before getting up and setting her chair back up proper. That was really close to be really embarrassing!

But it wasn't, so everything was a-okay.

yumi.png

"Yo, Omuko, here ya go. If you ever want a rematch or anything."

A hacky sack? Rematch... right, the little can game Yumi and Tsubasa had played yesterday! Sure. A rematch could be fun. As Yumi prepared to correct Tsubasa about her name though, she found that the cat girl was already at her desk. Probably off in her own little world. Corrections would have to come later. To her credit though, Tsubasa was much closer this time! Then it was about time for class to start, featuring a substitute teacher.

"So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…"

Must be related to whatever they called us back onto the bus for.

Along with that announcement, someone Yumi couldn't quite put a face to the name of was leaving U.A., and getting replaced with a face she could finally put to a name. Hoshino Rika. Yumi never met the girl, but she did distinctly remember that name. The next name down the list from her own on the entrance exam scores. Actually meeting her gave Yumi a weird slap in the feelings of guilt. This girl had probably been prepping her whole life, or at least for a while, to get into this school. And here Yumi was, just strolling in with last-second preparations and barely denying her access.

But she was here now, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get caught up in those kinds of feelings. Hopefully, if Rika had any sort of grudge against her, it was now water under the bridge. All these introductions at once probably weren't good for her. Yumi would wait for her turn to come up later. They were sitting at adjacent desks, after all, so it wasn't like the two would never be seeing each other or anything.

Edited by yui

As Ren made his way back to the bus, he could not help but notice the conspicuous lack of litter and garbage. Anemonesan had managed to clear large paths on the beach in an instant for the students to travel on, neatly piling it away from the bus. Such a display of power and finesse made him wonder whether he and his classmates were even needed at all.

“Well, clearly this trip was not to actually clean a beach,” Ren thought as he boarded the bus, looking back as he saw his classmates making their way back to the bus. As each student boarded the bus, he scanned each one, trying to figure out who caused the sudden emergency. However, after seeing most of his classmates just as confused as he was, he resigned himself to ignorance.

“I hope everyone is ok…”

---

The next morning did not bring any answers. As Ren walked to his class, he heard hushed rumors of the emergency that happened at the beach and how Principal Glory had to intervene to stop whatever happened. Who caused, or was victim to, the emergency was up to wild speculation, with almost every one of his classmates being named at least once.

He too had his own theories. Although he was cleaning an isolated part of the beach, an emergency serious enough to evacuate a whole class of Quirked students had to be dramatic enough to be seen across the beach, especially with the flashy nature of Principal Glory’s abilities. By process of elimination, the culprit or victim had to be Yasha or Rei, who were cleaning in a spot not visible from the beach. Confident in his analysis, he ignored the idle gossip, ready to see whether he was correct as he entered classroom 1-A.

Upon entering, two things immediately became obvious: their normal teacher was missing, and so was another student. Notably, the missing student was neither Yasha nor Rei, who sat at their usual desks. As he unpacked his bag for the day, he began to reevaluate his theory about the beach incident until the substitute teacher began to speak.

"So uh… I'm not Epicenter. You guys know that. I'm aaah… I'm the Destructive Hero - Dreadbolt. I'm a friend of Glory's, he asked me to sub for a bit while some of the staff is investigating some shi- errr, while the staff is investigating some bad stuff that happened yesterday…Fuck, why did I agree to this… Tomoaki you son of a bitch…"

Ren could not help but be taken aback by his teacher’s incredibly casual speech, making him wonder if he really was a teacher and not a delinquent playing an elaborate prank.

"A-anyway, I'm sorry to inform you all that uhhh…Kikuchi Emi has dropped out of UA, for personal reasons. But there is good news, too! She will be replaced by the next runner-up in the entrance exam! Hoshinoooooo Rika!"

While Ren politely clapped and put on the impression that he was paying attention, his focus laid on Dreadbolt’s face, trying to detect hints of uneasiness or deception. The story that a student suddenly dropped out for personal reasons the day after some kind of incident that ended the field trip early seemed far too convenient to not be some kind of cover up. The idea that the school was possibly covering up their incompetence and the grim fate of a student did not sit well with him. How could he trust the school’s lessons on justice if they were lacking it themselves?

Despite his best efforts, Ren was unable to glean anything useful from Dreadbolt’s face. It was a fearsome and inscrutable thing, much like a samurai’s men-yoroi or the eerily neutral masks of Noh. Letting out a quiet sigh, he resigned himself to the fact that he may never learn the truth about what really happened on that polluted beach. Returning to earth, he saw that the new student had taken Emi’s former seat. Her downcast expression and her hands tucked into her sleeves seemed to suggest she was trying to hide in plain sight. Taking the opportunity to greet the newcomer and break the ice, he made his way over to her with a gentle smile.

“Hoshino-san, was it?” Ren said gently, “Congratulations on making it in! I am Sanada Ren, I hope we can learn a lot together. If you’re interested, I lead a yoga club on the roof during lunch hour. Well it’s just Omuro-san and I, but please feel free to join if you’re looking for something to do!”

hakaro.png

Somehow, the substitute teacher seemed to be even more poorly organized than their regular teacher. Hakaro didn't really keep up with any heroes outside of the top ten, so he wasn't sure what kind of qualification he must have to be here. Hell, outside of Ruby Heart, the best Hakaro could tell the staff at UA was incompetent as heroes as well as educators. After all, those who can't do…

Hakaro was hardly paying attention as the new student was introduced and chit-chatted with the rest of the extras. By the looks of it, she had a mutant-type quirk, and a fairly useless one at that. However she almost managed to make it into this class must have been a fluke. Of course, that could be said for most of those in this room.

"Ahe-anywaaaaaaaaay…" the monstrous substitute teacher cleared his throat loudly, bringing attention to himself as he continued bumbling around, having picked up one of the sheets of paper he had previously dropped on the ground. "At the end of this week, you all will be doing a team-based exam, it says." after a pause to read more on the paper, using his finger to keep track of where he was, he continued, "It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive… But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"

This was much more interesting to Hakaro than anything else they had gone over so far at this useless school. Real combat. He leaned forward in his seat, listening carefully as the idiot at the front of the class began listing names.

"First off! Omuro Yumi, Yokuna Yasha… Seigi… Taiana… And… Kemuri Nataria… why does this class have so much katakana…" he scratched at the back of his head, making a sound like scraping metal, "Anyway, you four will be fighting your science teacher, Hemlock."

"Next in line is Kanda Takehiko, Sanada Ren, Akagi Kio, and Ukemei Ayane! You four will be facing off against your literature teacher, Page Master!"

"Sun Sun, Kaenbyou Tsubasa, Ohara Ben, and the new student Hoshino Rika, you will all be up against your JET teacher, Xionglauhu!"

Hakaro was holding his breath, hoping against hope for which member of the staff he would get to fight.

"And finally, Kagarashi Hideyo, Konpaku Rei, Sogin Hakaro, and Sasaki Inu, you will all be against the number 5 hero, your history teacher Ruby Heart!"

Hakaro couldn't help himself from slamming his fist on the desk in triumph, as the substitute continued, "Wait, Sasaki? Is there any chance you know the pro hero Howl?"

Edited by (‽)

Rei buried her face farther into her wall of scarf and forearms as the minor chaos continued. These idiots getting so worked up about a new student. Not like any of them weren't new to each other not that long ago. Not like there hasn't been plenty of "surprise twists" and shake-ups either.

It's no wonder so many of them were so excited to be heroes. They were all so...overeager. She dreaded the thought that if this hero stuff worked out for all of them that these would be the people she'd have to work with.

The monkey boy and the...dog guy? She wasn't sure what his deal was. So much about him made her think of a dog but he didn't really look like one. Apparently she wasn't alone in this. Whatever the case them, along with the cat girl, seemed to be about to get into a fight right with the teacher nearby. "Maybe they'll shut up if they're unconscious."  she muttered.

The teacher carried on despite the fight breaking out. Either he didn't care or just wasn't paying any attention. Apparently she'd have to work with some of them much earlier than she wanted. To take on a teacher? Alright now she just knew they were messing with them. There was no way these tests and classes were planned out.

"What, is this where the teachers show us how super awesome they totally are by beating us up? Come on, seriously..."

"And finally, Kagarashi Hideyo, Konpaku Rei, Sogin Hakaro, and Sasaki Inu, you will all be against the number 5 hero, your history teacher Ruby Heart!"

She recognized the dog boy's name, it was one of his dog-like traits, and after a moment realized that the boy behind her, the seat-thief, was Hakaro. She glanced behind her just in time to notice him hit the desk with his fist. "What's got you so worked up?" She asked.

She didn't think he was really friends with the other boys, and there was no way that he was excited to be in a group with her, so was he actually happy to be against the number 5? Maybe he wanted to fail so bad he got kicked out.

That being said if the number 5 was wasting time teaching here she couldn't be all that impressive.

She sighed as she tried to remember who the last person of the group was. Much like the girl who had left she couldn't put a face to the name. She did realize she was stuck with three boys. Which, honestly, was probably for the best. Girls might wonder about her fashion choice, if she still had to wear the scarf by the end of the week, but she wasn't worried about any boy looking at her too closely.

"God I hope this gets over with quickly."

After finally having his mind having less of the multitude of spiders freaking out due to the newest student appearing, Benjamin exhaled slowly, finally lifting his head up some. He'd definitely have to apologize to the new student...Rika was it? ...yeah he'd have to make an apology on not exactly greeting her properly, and so would his spiders, whether they wanted to or not. Regardless, he found himself finally coming back to the moment of Sun and Inu apparently about to throw hands. Honestly, this type of match up would be interesting to see.

Monkey versus a hellhound...honestly, I'd pay to see something like that. Benjamin thought, shrugging slightly as he glanced back in the direction of Sun and Inu. ...I would also try and fight 'em...but this Quirk isn't suited for that. ESPECIALLY when one of them has access to fire...

"Ahe-anywaaaaaaaaay…At the end of this week, you all will be doing a team-based exam, it says. It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive… But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"

"Wait...what?" Benjamin muttered, pretty surprised at this sudden direction. They were going to facing off against four of the U.A. staff? This made him get a bit worried, even feeling his heart skip a beat...no wait, that was the feeling of his skin crawling. Looks like he wasn't the only one who was worried about the sounds of this. ...these teachers are Pros...so what are they thinking? They expect us to handle ourselves against a few Pro Heroes?

Question now became...who were they up against? When he got the answers on who, he was worried...especially for one group. Hemlock, Page Master, Xionglauhu and...Ruby Heart. The History Teacher...but not to mention...the 5th seated Pro Hero. She was literally in the Top 5 of the Pro Hero Billboard Chart! While the other three he knew specifically just being here on the U.A. campus, Ruby Heart did make plenty of appearances...not only that, she was one of the Heroes that ended up becoming popular due to the whole Starkiller Base incident...least, that's what he read in an online article.

Fighting her: Hideyo, Rei, Hakaro and Inu...those four would definitely have a hard time on their hands and he literally was worried for the four of them, while Hakaro seemed almost giddy...like a child who got exactly what they wanted on Christmas morning. On the other hand...

"Sun Sun, Kaenbyou Tsubasa, Ohara Ben, and the new student Hoshino Rika, you will all be up against your JET teacher, Xionglauhu!"

Benjamin glanced back in the direction of the teammates he'd had and it was surprising...they were all animal based Quirks...with his being the odd one out. Honestly, he was interested on how this ragtag team could work. Sun and Tsubasa are definitely ones to be quick on their feet...from what I've seen anyway. And our new student...she's a Chameleon, so I'm not sure what she can specifically do...and then...there's me. he thought, pausing as he looked down at his hand as a few spiders crawled onto his palm. ...I'm being put in a position with those three with better Quirks and against our Panda Quirked teacher...jeez...what can I even do?

A sigh escaped his lips as he shook his head some. No...I-I...I can't get into that mind set. She gave me a second chance with her sacrifice...you've got to try at least, O'Hara...for her sake.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

"Hey~ Welcome to the class! Name's Ayane, it's nice to mee--WAH!"

Rika couldn't really help but snicker a tiny bit as she watched the girl fall down onto the ground suddenly, it would've startled her, but... It was hard to not see that coming, with how far back Ayane had propped herself up. It would've been more surprising if she hadn't of fallen there. After a quick tilt of her head back to make sure that Ayane got up just fine and not injured, but she seemed to pick herself up just fine. Before she could reply though...

If you’re interested, I lead a yoga club on the roof during lunch hour. Well it’s just Omuro-san and I, but please feel free to join if you’re looking for something to do!”

She hadn't even noticed that someone was approaching her there! She blinked for a moment as she turned to Ren, a small smile on her face as she nodded her head gently, rubbing at her neck, "Oh, thank you! I know I'm lucky to be here, so hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a mistake." She sighed, before humming gently, "...Yoga, huh? I might check it out sometime. 'long as I don't have to skip lunch for it."

Before much more could happen, the substitute began to speak up once again, and...

"At the end of this week, you all will be doing a team-based exam, it says. It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive…"

Rika blinked for a moment, her skin starting to turn a shade of orange slowly as she let her fingers fidget around with a pencil on her desk. She just got here. She wasn't ready to go fighting the teachers, was she? After all, she wasn't quite good enough earlier, she missed what all they had been doing before, she definitely wasn't going to be involved considering these were kinda important factors.

Plus, she didn't even know these classmates at all. They were all relatively new to each other too, of course, but she was literally brand new! How would she work with them effectively if she hardly knew any of them in the first place? At least they had some prep time.

But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"

The first team was the Omuro girl that Ren just mentioned. The girl who introduced herself with some extra english, someone she hadn't been introduced to properly, and... Another that she didn't know yet. That didn't give her much to work with.

The next group she actually knew most of them.! Takehiko, the one Sun said he would protect, Ren himself, a name she didn't quite recognize, and floor girl.

Then... Her group. Sun was a good one to have probably, he seemed very... Honest about wanting to keep people safe, and he seemed strong. She wasn't excessively strong herself... But the other two? She hadn't met them yet, and... Despite Sun seeming strong, she didn't really know anyone's Quirk so far. She was going to have to get caught up quickly, she wasn't going to drag them down on this... Before she realized it, she brought her bright orange hand up into the air, looking towards Dreadbolt as she did, "Ah... Does the sheet say anything about whether we're expected to actually win? With a numbers advantage, I get the idea of us holding up at least a bit, but... Winning seems like a long shot any way I look at it."

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

Hideyo wasn't particularly excited to be suddenly thrust into a battle against a pro-hero; let alone one of his own teachers. And to top it all off, he was going to be teaming up with multiple fellow students. He had arrived at this prestigious UA and from the moment he had crossed over their threshold, he was in combat. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to actually be learning, because he spent three quarters of his time fighting. But at the very least, it kept him on his toes, taught him to analyze each unique situation, and to be aware of his surroundings. Perhaps the upcoming battle was a way to teach teamwork?

He had gotten lost in his own line of thinking as he pondered what a battle against Ruby Heart would be like. What were the parameters of this contest? Were the students expected to win or fail? If they failed, would they be thrown out?

His stomach twisted into a knot, and Hideyo could feel himself spiraling. He had to shake off this feeling and maintain his smile. Hopefully one of his teammates would initiate discussion while he played a support role.

Yasha nodded pensively when he heard his name called, but was still thinking about the cute new girl and it took until after Dreadbolt had finished for him to fully process what had been said. He had to--

No, he GOT TO fight Hemlock.

His science teacher.

For grades.

Standing bolt upright from his seat, he planted his hands on the desk. "Wait. You mean to tell me we get to fight our teachers?! And we're being graded on how well we fight?! And we won't get in trouble if we punch them?!"  He turned to the others in the class with his typical toothy smile. "GUYS, THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOOOOOOOME!!" He roared, his voice rising to the roar of an active chainsaw, revving as his arms flexed in triumph.

Edited by ChampionZero

2avvIQl.jpg

As everyone huddled around there new transfer student, Kio could only shrug.  What was the big deal, mutant-type quirks weren't that cool.  So one note.  Their substitute was doing a hell of a horrible job getting the class to settle back into their seats, so they could move forward with the day's lessons.  At the thought, however, Dreadbolt began to speak up again.  

"Ahe-anywaaaaaaaaay…" A masterful segway. "At the end of this week, you all will be doing a team-based exam, it says." He paused, looking to his paper once again, "It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive… But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"

"For real?"  Another exam?  And so soon?  Kio had been pretty sore lately, working out extra hard after seeing that display from Anemonesan, so he wondered if it would hinder his performance.  Well, it was time to listen for his name to be called with four others now.

"Next in line is Kanda Takehiko, Sanada Ren, Akagi Kio, and Ukemei Ayane! You four will be facing off against your literature teacher, Page Master!"

Takehiko: Chess, Ren: Qi, Ayane: Compose.  A unique array of quirks to use at his disposal...and against Page Master.  While he didn't know the extent of Page Master's quirk, he'd still like to get his hands on it!  Kio kicked a foot up on his desk, putting his hands behind his head and smiling.  

"Nothing to it, but to do it.  I expect nothing less than a challenge from a teacher at U.A.!"  He exclaimed, with legitimate enthusiasm.  He looked up to see students already starting to group up.  "Does that mean we start making a game plan now?"  He asked, not even waiting for an answer from the incompetent teacher to get up and stray over to Ayane's desk.  "Looks like we'll be working together!  Lucky me!  You've got a great quirk."  He placed a paper and pen in front of the girl, with a very serious look on his face.  "Please...write down how it works...it's easier for me to make a memory card that way."  His face pepped up a bit with a smile.  "We could totally rock out together if I end up using it!"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

hakaro.png

It seemed that the aura in the room varied from enthused to confused. What are people so bent about? What kind of school did they think this was? Ruby Heart was strong, but he was already formulating strategies. After all, she wasn't the strongest hero he planned to beat, now was she?

"What's got you so worked up?"

It was the girl that sat in front of him, who had asked if him and Guitar Hero were dating. Probably in the bottom five percentiles for academic scores, as he had it estimated. "You're Konpaku, right? What's your quirk? I damn well hope you quit being coy, because otherwise it's gonna be an uphill battle." He rolled his eyes with disdain, "Unless you are just planning on surrendering. I imagine if you ever saw a real villain you would just drop to your knees and beg." In his defense, he was in the dark about the previous day's events.

"Ah... Does the sheet say anything about whether we're expected to actually win? With a numbers advantage, I get the idea of us holding up at least a bit, but... Winning seems like a long shot any way I look at it."

Dreadbolt silently nodded in agreement, before looking back down at his notes. The conversations in the room resumed for a good deal of time as he flipped back and forth, making sure he didn't miss anything. "So… it looks like there will be an alternate win condition for you students, but it doesn't say what. It is going to be a mock-villain scenario, so a big part is for you kids to work with information you only just gained. My advice for beating someone stronger than you is simple:" Dreadbolt took a heroic pose, complete with a heroic slouch and a heroic terrifying grin, and gave a heroic thumbs-up, "Just drop a building on them!"

dianabannerneo.png

"First off! Omuro Yumi, Yokuna Yasha… Seigi… Taiana… And… Kemuri Nataria… why does this class have so much katakana…" he scratched at the back of his head, making a sound like scraping metal, "Anyway, you four will be fighting your science teacher, Hemlock."

Diana froze at this. Not only was it the teacher whose quirk she had no real clue about, but she was paired with...

"Wait. You mean to tell me we get to fight our teachers?! And we're being graded on how well we fight?! And we won't get in trouble if we punch them?! GUYS, THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOOOOOOOME!!

She closed her eyes and began to shake a bit as Yasha revved up. Sure, she had gotten more used to sharing a room with him, but he still... The girl gripped her right elbow and shook a bit harder, just trying to breathe. It would be okay. It had to be okay. She could look up Ms. Yuuka later, and the noises weren't going to hurt her. She just had to be careful. That was all. Yeah... Not that this sub was inspiring confidence with that villainous pose he was striking.

"[S-so, um,] me, Natalia, Yasha, and Yumi...?" Diana thought aloud, then raised her voice, "Sir, could we maybe change seats for the time being, so that we can sit with our groups? It feels a bit, uh, [cacophonous] to be yelling across the room, when we could discuss amongst ourselves."

Dreadbolt looked out over the class, seeing that multiple students had already moved, or were shouting over each other. "That's... probably a good idea. Did everyone hear Seigi? Move around so you are beside your teammates, okay?"

As Rei looked over at Hakaro one of her eyes twitched as she heard the noises from Yasha. Why does he get to be so excited? The one who left while she...

The girl decided to focus on Hakaro instead. She didn't want to go down that path with her thoughts. Especially not with this jerk right here. "You're Konpaku, right? What's your quirk? I damn well hope you quit being coy, because otherwise it's gonna be an uphill battle."

"Oh gee isn't that such a shame. For you." Why's everyone asking for her Quirk lately? At first her not telling everyone had been just a joke. They didn't really NEED to know and it was more fun this way. Now though? Now she didn't want to say just to spite that girl. She couldn't know who was giving information and even if it wasn't whoever she told they might overhear. The girl might've figured it out but she still wouldn't give her the satisfaction of being certain.

Plus this guy was a jerk so she didn't really want to give him an answer.

"Unless you are just planning on surrendering. I imagine if you ever saw a real villain you would just drop to your knees and beg."

She gave a hollow laugh. Right, sure she would. He could go ahead and think that if he wanted. She didn't need HIS approval and she already knew that she was totally fine on her own. She could handle herself.

She had no other choice anyway.

Even still. His stupid face and stupid assumption was really...stupid. And stupid was annoying. Rei realized she was pretty ticked off. Maybe unreasonably but who cared? They didn't like her anyway so what did it matter? "It wouldn't do any good to tell you anyway. But here, maybe I can show you."

To Hakaro it would seem she was just sitting there doing nothing. But then he'd feel his chair move. As Rei used her invisiarms to grab onto the front two legs of his chair and suddenly pull up on them to tip the chair over and topple him. If he was going to act like a pile of dirt he could lay on the ground like one.

Honestly it seemed like everyone else was excited about this, from Yasha revving himself up to Hakaro being more giddy than he had ever seen. Still, the looming idea of it still was doing a number on mind, he could heard the cacophonous sounds of everyone talking and it was seeming like everything was getting lost in the mix. Which is when he heard what Diana suggested.

"Sir, could we maybe change seats for the time being, so that we can sit with our groups? It feels a bit, uh, [cacophonous] to be yelling across the room, when we could discuss amongst ourselves."
"That's... probably a good idea. Did everyone hear Seigi? Move around so you are beside your teammates, okay?"

Benjamin nodded slowly, glancing at Diana with a thumbs up for the idea. Now...to go speak to his teammates about...riiiiiiiight. He glanced in the direction of where Rika, Sun and Tsubasa were and realized that the best seat he could get was Inu's. And he was already in a heated mood, no pun intended. With a heavy sigh, the spider-guy stood up and began to make his way towards the back.

Alright O'Hara...just don't piss him off. Just keep your cool and ask...no harm in asking...except the possibility of him burning you and the spiders. Nothing too bad, right? he thought, gulping a bit as he approached the back of the room.

Once he got to the back of the room, Benjamin stood near Inu's desk and cleared his throat some. "Hey...Inu? Would you mind...since my teammates are right there?"

"I would mind," Inu replied sharply, which almost made Benjamin cower back some. "My teammates are also right here, you know," he motioned to the two bickering students before pausing. "You know what, on second thought, take it. I'll just move to the other side of the class to get away from them."

"Oh, well...uh, thank you Inu." Benjamin chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head...obviously not wanting to upset him. Inu stood up, picking up his bag of sunflower seeds and popping another one in his mouth before walking to the front of the class.

With a sigh of relief once Inu was out of ear shot, not really taking into consideration his dog ears being able to pick up more than normal human ears could, Benjamin took a seat at Inu's desk and gave a quick smile and wave to the three students he'd be working with. "Hey Tsubasa, Sun...and you said your name is Rika, right?" he extended a hand out towards the chameleon girl, feeling his hair stand up on end as he did so...most likely again due to the spiders starting to freak out again. "Ahem...sorry I didn't probably make a good impression when you walked in. I'm Benjamin O'Hara, but I usually go by Ben. Nice to meet you." Once the handshake was accepted, or not, Benjamin looked at them and rubbed the back of his head. "So...I guess it's going to be us four as a team."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Takehiko pushed up his glasses as the substitute teacher talked to the class, doing his best to appear as a proper student. He kept his hands folded in front of him over his desk, still thinking to himself why he had gotten interference. He was suddenly snapped out of his thought process by the substitute, tuning in to listen to whatever news they were about to be given.

"It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive… But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"     

'Teams? That's definitely odd for us to do... Are they concerned about our ability to work together?'

Takehiko glanced to each student as he heard their names mentioned, paying more attention at his group. Crap. The only one he even remotely knew would have to be Ayane and even then that was only in passing. Maybe putting so much effort into developing specific relationships had been a mistake. He'd have to try and get to know them rather quickly if they were to take down... Page Master? "Wait. I don't know who that is. Do the others? Gah another group is fighting Ruby Heart, at least they have access to easy information. Being up in the popularity isn't exactly an advantage... I wonder if the other pro's realize that and is why they keep themselves under wraps? Hopefully I can find something on Page Master... ugh, otherwise I need to ask him..." Takehiko had begun whispering to himself, opening up to a new page of his journal past... around 5 pages of drawings his pawns had gotten to, "How do they even get ahold of this thing?"

"Sir, could we maybe change seats for the time being, so that we can sit with our groups? It feels a bit, uh, [cacophonous] to be yelling across the room, when we could discuss amongst ourselves."
"That's... probably a good idea. Did everyone hear Seigi? Move around so you are beside your teammates, okay?"

Takehiko gave a glance up as he heard them ask to gather with their teammates, "Ah, that would likely be the best idea." He'd move over to Ayane, hoping there was an empty seat around. If not he could always stand, "Suppose we'll be working together eh? All I really remember about Page Master is his power is reliant on book's he's holding so... any of us have quirks to abuse that particular weakness?"

Tsubasa continued to give the stink eye to the dog man, until the teacher had spoken up again, informing them of the challenge coming up at the end of the week. Tsubasa frowned at the info of who her teacher was  - or rather who it wasn't. She had been looking forward to going against Ruby, thinking that it was the perfect time to both perfect and showcase her ability at dodging the heroes various stones. But instead, she was put up against her JET teacher, one of which she had no idea what to expect from. She was a panda and all she knew about them was that they ate lots of bamboo and were a bear. So she was probably strong? Tsubasa came to the realization she didn't know much about bears in general, nor how they fought. Or how one would fight a bear. Especially with their bare hands. 

The more she thought on it, the more Tsubasa was convincing herself that she wanted to fist - or kick - fight a bear. But she had no idea where to find them. So this teacher was a great stand in for that. Maybe she could also learn more about bears at the same time too. Besides she didn't get either the science or literature teacher, both of which she was getting bide vibes about fighting on an instinctual level. So, she was now quite pleased with her chosen opponent. 

In the time it took her to get to this conclusion, she noticed that dog man was replaced with someone else. As he introduced himself, the girl looked at the desks next to her, seeing that she was already next to her team members. Convenient. The cat girl looked towards Ben saying, "a team huh?" Smirking, Tsubasa then looked back to the chameleon girl saying, "well, then alternate winning or otherwise, you have nothing to work about Iroko. After all, you've got three people with you, and most importantly I'm here with you. So, as long as those things are true, we're definitely a sure win." Smiling more excitedly she said, "and besides, haven't you always wanted to fight a bear?" 

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

So there was a condition for victory beyond, well... Winning a fight. That was good to know, they could probably make up something to hold up in that case. Whether it was going to be, well... That was gonna be hard to figure out, honestly. She had no idea on where to even start, really. She could possibly scrounge together some ideas, a mock rescue attempt maybe, tie a hand up, who knows what it might be?

"Just drop a building on them!"

Ah, yeah, words to live by. Rika rolled her eyes a tiny bit at that, before nervously fidgeting in her seat for a brief moment. She closed her eyes as she considered the options, it was... Hard to do that, when she didn't really know what to expect. Obviously, that's what they wanted, they wanted the groups to have to think on their toes at least a little bit...

"Hey Tsubasa, Sun...and you said your name is Rika, right?"

She snapped out of her thoughts as she tilted her head up, her eyes opening at the boy who looked like he was distressed when she was introducing herself to the class. He looked like he had been dealing with a massive headache. She smiled to him, bring a hand up in a small wave, "Oh, yeah! Rika, nice to meet you too, Ben..." She took his hand, giving it a small shake as well as she nodded her head, "Yeah. Looks like it's us... Hopefu-" She didn't get to finish that thought though, instead she was quickly interrupted by cat.

"Nothing... To worry about? I dunno, I think we've got plenty to worry about. We don't know what our actual task is gonna be, aside from trying to overpower someone with more practice and experience than us." She snickered a tiny bit at the bravado from Tsubasa though, barely even noticing the mistake with her name, before raising an eyebrow, "...Fight a bear? I can't say it really ever crossed my mind. Generally you're supposed to, like... Play dead against them, right? Maybe we can do that against the bear then. I'd say we should come up with a plan, but... What can we plan for when we don't know the specifics? Hopefully we can get some actual time before the exam to plot a bit."

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────