(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega! [IC/CLOSED/PG-16/BEST RP 2020 WINNER]

Emi turned back towards Diana. “Hey! Thanks for that, I was in some trouble.” Emi gestured towards the beast on the horizon. “Yeah, I guess we should go deal with that, shouldn’t we? Let’s do it!”

Diana followed along as Emi started to head towards the mechanical monsters, which appeared to be approaching... but Diana managed to outrun her fairly quickly, taking the lead. This girl, whose name she still didn't know, controlled water, and that seemed convenient. But first, they had to figure out how to harm the robot.

That was when she saw a pink haired boy assault it with a street sign, much like she had done earlier, stabbing it into the dinosaur's leg. It seemed to harm the best, but not as much as they needed. However... 

Diana stopped as she headed forward, bending down to grab a manhole cover, before she continued to approach. With her hands gripping it tightly, she pulled it back past her side, throwing it like a frisbee at the sign that Ren had lodged in its leg. And, with a little luck, it struck true, causing the sign to tear through more of the joint! The T-Rex immediately stumbled, a mechanical roar escaping it once more as Diana grinned, only for her visible eye to suddenly flick towards part of the armor.

"[Hey!] I found the weak point!" Diana yelled back to Emi, flashing her a thumbs up, just in time to turn around and see the beast preparing a barrage of lasers. Without a second thought, Diana pivoted, tackling Emi to the ground as the lasers shot overhead, shooting more of the buildings in the area as she instinctively used her body to protect her classmate, even though the tackle was enough. The damaged buildings began to crumble as Diana picked herself up and offered a hand to Emi.

"Sorry about that, [uh...] Don't think I caught your name. But I think we can take this thing out with your water!"

2avvIQl.jpg

It took a hot minute for Kio to arrive to the scene that almost all of the other students were at already, even with the memory card he had loaded.  Luckily, it didn't look like the thing they were dealing with was going down as easy as the other robots had.  Speaking of what they were up against, Kio was almost intimidated by its sheer size.  The noises it made were enough that a lesser teenager would've up and ran without a monent's hesitation.  Kio only watched on, as the Giant Metal Rex began to charge up what he could only assume was a laser.  He bent over, and touched his toes a few times, before transitioning into a trunk stretch.  He ended it off by moving his head from side to side, cracking his neck twice.  The lasers weren't meant to hit them, it seemed, as they soared over his head only to crash into the buildings.  Kio ran away from the falling debris, making sure to close the distance between himself and the giant before him even more.

"Oh yeah!  This is what I live for!"  Kio said, assuming a traditional martial arts stance.  Looking across the roborex's body, he noted that some of the students had already managed to tear through some of the behemoth's massive leg, using a sign to get the job done.  Kio smiled, hoisting his own metal pole from a different sign post.  Waving to Diana, and then pointing to his metal stick, he cheered.  "Great minds think alike, huh!?"  With a goofy grin, Kio charged the leg on the other side of their attacker, gyrating his entire arm that held the metal weapon until it looked like nothing more than a fan's blade.  He whirred it faster and faster, as he jumped into the air, and let his weapon loose straight where he had noticed the others had thrown their own sign as well.  As it sank through the monster's leg, Kio started to run up it's limb, using the gaps in the metallic armor as leverage as he made his ascent.  

It was a bit of a rough ride at the peak of the monsters back, but Kio held on for dear life.  His arms and legs began to Gyrate some more, as he began to let loose a barrage of furious blows into the armor of the beast.

"There's gotta be a control panel on this thing, right?!  I'll dig through this whole thing until I find it!  Don't worry about m-"  Kio was interrupted, as he was flung off the monsters back, only to catch himself as he tumbled down towards it's tail.  Now it was taking all of his strength just to hang on the tip for dear life.  

A light show, for a lack of better wording, was all Benjamin could see generally from atop of the parking garage. It seemed like the student was already taking care of the robot with whatever Quirk he had. So things were actually getting better on this, right? Mission accomplished.

Looks like I scurried over here for nothing then... Benjamin thought, watching the show from the rooftop of a building. Needless to say, however, he figured he'd go assist the guy regardless. So up the side of the parking garage he went, scaling it to the best of his ability. And when he got up there...well, he was a bit shocked to see what occurred. This robot was already activating an energy shield. ...oh boy... he thought, now seeing that the attacks from Hideyo were being completely neutralized.

That...was only the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately. One of the claws this robot had...was already being charged with electricity.

...that's a shock to the system that won't be pretty. Benjamin thought, looking closely at the robot to the best of his ability. If this is similar to the other ones...then all I gotta do... While he kept his eyes on this robot, he slowly began to crawl along the building, just to be behind the robot. Once this was done...the young man sprang into action, flipping onto the building and then onto the robot, now with a fresh coating of webbing on his hands and feet...to which he wished he looked before he leapt. "...wait...this doesn't have the same...oh boy, uhhhhh new plan!!"

The robot that was fighting Hideyo didn't have the same vulnerabilities as the ones Benjamin had taken care of previously, meaning the spiders going into the exposed joints of the machine to take them out from the inside was null and void. He stuck onto the robot's back, now taking this as one of those mechanical bull rides...just on steroids. "O-Okay...o-okay..." he muttered, holding on for dear life. Benjamin began to work things in his head, before snapping his fingers. "Bingo...that's the idea!" Like clockwork, Benjamin's spiders left him and began to crawl on the machine. "Can't fight what you can't see...so here's some web in your eye, bro-bot!" The spiders began to work as quick as they could, putting quite a bit webbing in the robot's eye sockets, blocking their line of sight. The moment that happened...the shield went down.

"Heh, now we're talking!" Benjamin cheered, looking at Hideyo. "Yo! While it's distracted with that you can at-..." He suddenly paused, before seeing the robot seeming to charge something. His eyes widened before whistling, getting his spiders to scurry back to him. There was a sound that could only be described as electricity being discharged. "Hey, back up real quick, now!!" Soon enough, there was electricity being discharged in the immediate general vicinity. "J-Jeez!! Don't blow a transformer on this, bucket of bolts!" Benjamin shouted, surprisingly fine. ...am I glad that spider webs aren't a conductive to electricity...

Tsubasa, still jogging in place saw another girl run towards them. When she had asked if there was any real villains that needed taking care of, Tsubasa simply pointed over to the giant roaring robot tyrannosaurus-rex. As the girl seemed ready to charge in and fight, Tsubasa turned. As it seemed that there were more people now who were also wanting to brawl with the creature, it was certainly not the time to keep running away. The girl's smirk vanished though as someone else had come up and started speaking. Well, more like shouting at them to get into the fray and fight like heroes against the robot. Tsubasa generally didn't care about provocation one way or the other, but there was something about this person. There was something on an instinctual level that made her temper flare, her facial expression turn to one of annoyance and her to let out a low growl towards the man. 

"How about you stay out of my way then, Fire Mutt! I'm going to - gah!" The cat girl was stopped mid sentence by being handed a hefty sign, one which she could barely lift. Already annoyed, the girl simply tossed it to the side before readying herself to go on the offensive.Getting into a crouching position, Tsubasa then took off towards the mech. It had seemed that even more people had joined the fray and had also been bearing down on the robot. Though they seemed to manage to make some headway, Tsubasa looked up at it, noticing something relatively important looking on top of its back. She didn't really have the power to rip through any of its plating and everyone else seemed to be focusing on its torso, so the girl opted to go the path less traveled. 

Running forward towards it, it seemed to immediately pick up on its first assailant moving towards her. Targeting its cheek mounted machine guns at her, the girl hopped from side to side in the midst of her running to avoid the different bullets coming at her. As the robot bent forward to bite at her, the girl kicked her legs forward and slid on the ground, going underneath the jaw and past  the legs. Turning her body, the girl pushed off her hands to get herself back on her feet, before noticing the tail near her. Thinking that a good spring board, the girl jumped on the tail only for the robot to realize what was on its back. Swinging its tail immediately, Tsubasa didn't have time to kick off and instead was launched off of it. 

Tumbling on the ground before pushing herself back to her feet, the girl looked at the robot pretty annoyed, only compounded by her annoyance from earlier. She couldn't just scale the robot directly, she needed something that would let her get onto it in a place it couldn't shake her off. Looking around, Tsubasa's eyes darted from place to place until they landed on a black and red haired student. Tsubasa's eyes locked with the girl for a moment, as if examining her for a moment. Then, after a few seconds more, her annoyance and contemplation broke way to realization. "You. Music girl. You make walls and stuff, right?"

Glancing down at her smoking amp and broken string, Ayane hesitated for only a moment before answering, "I can, but my amp can't take much more. What's the plan?" She sure was glad UA was covering her equipment costs now. She didn't feel like doing another "save up money for an amp" grind anytime soon.

The girl pointed to the top of the robot dinosaur. "There's something up there. I'm going to kick it, but I can't jump high enough on my own to get up it and it'll just shake me off. So," snapping her fingers and giving a grin, she pointed to Ayane. "Can you give me a little something to leap off of?"

"You got it," Ayane answered, grinning right back. "Ready, set..." Although she initially strummed where the broken string was, Ayane - without acknowledging the mistake - hurried to the next string up, playing a not quite so deep note that still solidified as a platform between the girls and the robot dinosaur. "GO!"

A wild grin appearing on the cat girl's face formed as she said, "right!" Stepping back a bit, the girl broke out into a full sprint towards the wall. Getting close enough, she sprung forward and upward, landing on the sound made wall. The wall was solid enough to hold Tsubasa's weight and lasted long enough. She could see her mark on the creature's back. A large, spinning device on that seemed almost akin to some kind of radar dish. Smiling, Tsubasa put all the force she could behind her legs and leaped forward in a diving motion. Her hands stretched forward, as she landed on the creature's back she tumbled forward before springing off her hands and diving with both of her feet towards the robot's radar. 

As both of her legs slammed into the radar there seemed to be some degree of resistance keeping it in place. But with the full weight of her body behind her kick the metal started to bend and break, and the radar came dislodged. Continuing forward with her momentum, both Tsubasa and the radar flew off the robot's back, the girl's legs planted firmly in the radar and practically surfing on it as it skidded across the ground. As the piece of metal came to a halt, the girl let out a hearty, "nyahahaha! What do you think of that?!" She pointed towards the Thunderjaw, as if somehow expecting a response from it. Instead, the creature roared, seeming to be a bit in disarray. 

<ALERT! ALERT! TOTAL OF 16 VILLAINS DETECTED IN TRAINING COURSE ZETA! ALERT! ALERT! LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES COMMENCING! MUST EXTERMINATE!>

Takehiko heard the sirens starting to blare even from the center of the training ground, "Villains?" He tilts his head before hearing, "DON'T WORRY SMALL BOY! THE MONKEY KING IS GOING TO SAVE YOU!!!" the *CRUNCH* of metal tearing apart to accentuate the scream! 

The minotaur-bot's leg snapped at the knee, causing it to keep over to the side. The second it hit the ground, he jumped up onto it once again, grabbing hold of its right arm and tearing it clean off. Bringing it back down toward its owner's head, he crushed the robot's central 'brain' in a single swing, as the horns embedded in his makeshift club, making an even better improvised weapon for his next bout. Turning toward the 'helpless' boy he rescued, he grinned, propping the robot's arm against his shoulder, seemingly unfazed by its weight.

"Hi! I'm Sun!"

Takehiko gave a small sigh, slipping the 'helmet' of the knight armor off of his head, "Yeah, I know that Sun. While I appreciate the save why exactly are you introducing yourself to me when there's something to be more worried about? I promise ya I can take care of myself." He gives a small smirk and re-equips the helmet, latching it in place, "Although, with you here... Maybe we can utilize our quirks together to take care of those villains that were announced? We both seem to have pretty advanced reactions at the very least..."

He crossed his arms before glancing towards where a rather loud roar could be heard, "What... is that noise?" He frowned as he turned towards it, eyes widening as he saw a rather large T-rex crashing through the training ground. "Sun, go check on what's going on there if you can, I'm gonna go wide and search the 8 directions to make sure everyone's okay." He'd activate his quirk as all of the armor fell off of his body, a useless discarded phone booth now, "Mode:Pawn!" His body shimmered for a moment before shifting into 8 clones, the small communicators on their ears being activated as Takehiko tapped at it, "Pawns advance for Rescue Duty, check any rubble to make sure nobodies been collapsed on, maneuver: Cardinal!" The pawns nodded before starting to dash off in every direction except for the T-rex.

"And that leaves me with you, Sun, take the lead!"

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

A roar echoed throughout the city, accompanied by the terrifying sounds of metal grinding against metal and concrete. The gigantic T-Rex stomped through the city, destroying all that came in its path. Obviously the next logical thing to do would be to head right for it.

Diana easily outpaced Emi, even though she got a head start. It’s probably her Quirk. She’s pretty strong and super fast, which will probably be useful for taking out the T-Rex. As they both approached the machine, a quick thought flashed in Emi’s mind.

This thing was a lot bigger up close.

Swallowing her fleeting feeling of panic, Emi tried to calmly assess the situation. A few of her classmates were fighting the beast off, circling around it, trying to find some sort of weak point. Though they were making some headway, the monster’s metallic hide was fairly thick, too thick for Emi’s Brine to do much to. There had to be a chink in the armor, a weak point.

Diana arrived at the scene first, picking up a manhole cover and throwing it like a frisbee at a sign that was already lodged into the creature, shoving it deeper into its metal joint. The creature roared as Emi stood in front of the Rex, assuming a battle stance. If she could just lodge that sign deeper into the joint, maybe that would do something Diana yelled to Emi with a thumbs up, “[Hey!] I found the weak point!” Before Emi could even react, a bombardment of lasers shot from the T-Rex. Diana rushed over towards Emi, tackling her to the ground and shielding her from any potentially harmful debris.

“Sorry about that, [uh...] Don't think I caught your name. But I think we can take this thing out with your water!” Diana offered her hand to Emi. “Oh, uh, yeah, I’m Emi.” She took her hand, and was hoisted onto her feet, still dazed from what just happened. “Thanks for saving me... Again. You said I could use my water? Diana pointed towards the mechanical beast.

Emi turned around and saw what she meant. There was a small gap in the dented armor in the front of its leg, light spilling out. "Okay, I see." Emi commanded her water to float off of the ground, and with as much force as she could muster, willed it into the tear in the metal. Before it could reach the source of the light however, the water began to be pushed back by some sort of other force. Emi kept pushing, but the other force seemed to grow stronger. With an exasperated gasp, the water was overtaken by the force, pushing the water away from the light's source, taking a metal plate with it.

Beneath where the metal once was, the source of the light: a giant, mechanical beating heart pulsated.

Emi called out to the rest of her classmates. "That's it! Guys! This is how we beat it!"

Edited by CatmanDaGamer

unknown.png

Smoke poured out of Natalia's fingers as she clenched her fist, trying to think of what she could do to stop the T-Rex. The best she could hope to do is to blind the T-Rex with a smokescreen and pray that the others could take it out. "Quit bitching and start helping." She remarked towards Inu, stepping forward with a trail of smoke behind her, before fully turning into a cloud of smoke, leaving behind her clothing once again. She needed to get on top of this thing if she planned on blinding it. Luckily, the machine didn't seem to even notice her floating up towards it, as her classmates had sprung into action.

As she made her way up towards the robot's head, the others were doing a lot of work to take the thing done. Plates from the machine had been ripped off, and notably there was now an exposed beating metal heart glowing from inside it. It didn't take a genius to figure out that its weak spot was now exposed. She landed on one of the rooftops next to the giant machine, the robot itself moving far too much for her to land on top of. Extending her arm out, she let out a steady stream of smoke that slowly started surrounding the robotic dinosaur's head. Natalia smirked as smoke emitted from her body, creating a pseudo-dress of purple haze. "Smoke's up! Go for the heart!"

To Hideyo's surprise, Benjamin O'hara, the Spider-colony hero, had entered the fray. With the help of his many tiny friends, Ben forced the crab-like machine to lower its shield! An incredible display of intellect and intuition, one could say!

"Nice job!" Hideyo said, giving Ben a quick thumbs up. Hideyo dashed forward and got as close to his opponent's head as he could muster, and pressed his fingers against its chassis. "Wanna see the stars?" he joked.

With a smile on his face, Hideyo fired point blank, heated stars directly into the enemy, rapid fire throughout its circuits. The tingling in his fingers grew as he unleashed a beautiful, sparkling hell right into the core of his opponent. He chuckled to himself as he laid waste to the target, remembering what his father taught him. "Once they're down, never let your opponent get up! Not by any means!" And he meant that.

Edited by Comrade Duck

heres_the_actual_one.png

With rigorous shaking, the machine barely managed to buck Ben off of its back before squaring off against Hideyo once again. However, having just used its lightning attack, it was far from prepared to bring its shield back up to defend against Hideyo's point-blank barrage. After several star-studded seconds, it was nothing but a pile of scrap.

sun.jpg

"And that leaves me with you, Sun, take the lead!"

Sun remained unconvinced. Though the small boy was seemingly able to make more of himself, what good would that do when they were all so scrawny. Though he was very curious about whatever kind of animal made that sound, he was far more concerned about the boy's safety. So, he did the only thing that seemed to make sense: he scooped Takehiko up off the ground with his free hand, carrying him on his back as he sprinted toward the origin of all the exciting sounds at a breakneck pace.

inu.jpg

Things had spiraled out of control faster than Inu could have expected. Or were they going well? Both? Fuck it. Who cares. It had seemed his rally was more than effective enough, as all three of them had charged in and attacked the machine. Hell, the red-haired bitch was so eager that she even left her clothes behind. With a grin, he charged toward the robotic dinosaur as well, his body wreathed in flames.

As it was blinded by smoke from the mysterious streaker, the monstrous machine began to thrash wildly, swinging its tail along with Wait. Who the FUCK is that?? Though he was certainly more eager to be fighting back against the 'final boss' that stood before them, he knew the duty of a hero. Leading Kio's trajectory by a decent amount, Inu dashed forward, trailed by flames that almost seemed to propel him forward. "GARMR DASH!

He caught Kio before being slammed into a wall by the boy's momentum. Of course, given his minor healing factor, it was better to be Inu than whatever the fuck this guy was. "MotherFUCKER, that HURT! Didn't I see you flying a minute ago? What the fuck were you doing playing on that thing like a god damn jungle gym?? Do you need to be reminded that you aren't the God Damned monkey in this class???"

"I could make a better Monkey than Sun any day of the week!  You got a banana on you?"

As if on cue, The Monkey King arrived, carrying another boy on his back, and the arm of a large robot in his hand, adorned with what appeared to be a pair of gigantic horns piercing through the business end of the improvised weapon. In other contexts, he would likely appear comical or terrifying, but in this moment he appeared as a symbol of peace. "DO NOT WORRY, EVERYONE! WHY?" He set down Takehiko to stand on the ground beside him, now brandishing his metal club in both hands, "BECAUSE I AM SUN!

"Yes, Sun, you already said that. We know."

With a smirk, Takehiko pushed up his glasses with one hand, as he placed his other on a wrecked robot beside the pair. In an instant, the metal of the machine had reshaped into the Knight's armor he wore before, this time without the helmet. The sheer glare of the glowing roof above them against his lenses was plenty to get the attention of most everyone around him. "Sun. There appears to be a sign post sticking out of the leg." He pointed his sword toward the weak point Kio had managed to create, slowly formulating a plan on how to get to the machine's heart. He had seen the girl's water launched away from it forcefully. If anything were to hit a point so well-guarded, it would have to have overwhelming power behind it.

"Just leave it to me, Takeiho!" Before Takehiko could correct Sun on his name, the monkey boy was gone, sprinting straight toward the hulking mech. Stumbling slightly on its bad leg, the robot turned toward him, firing randomly with its cannon, no longer able to aim without its radar and with a cloud of smoke obscuring its vision. Despite the lack of control, the threat presented by the plasma cannons was significant. Luckily, it did not last long.

As Sun used the torn off robot arm to vault up and over the Thunderjaw, Inu crashed into its face, propelled once again by fire from his back. There wasn't anything left of his shirt by this point, but his exposed skin was hardly visible through the flames. "You bitch, can't you just sit still for a second so we can end your fucking existence? Using his claws to tear at the two cheek-mounted cannons, he took deep breaths from the cloud of smoke that surrounded him and the enemy's head. As the smoke filled his lungs, he could feel his internal temperature rising further and further. In turn, he could see red glowing deep within the mouth of the Thunderjaw. Presumably, this was the laser it had used when its first leg was disabled. But this time, Inu found himself only a few feet from its origin. 

"You know what? Fuck it. Bring it on, bitch!!! Inu cocked a fist back behind his shoulder, flames writhing all around the arm. With a last gulp of the nourishing smoke, he less loose his fist, diving as deep as he could into its jaws, his fist colliding with the laser emitter as he released as much fire as he could from it in an instant, "VOLCANO SHOTGUN!"

At that same moment, Sun brought his club down on top of the sign embedded in the Thunderjaw's hip. It wasn't clear whether the pre-existing sign did much, but whatever the case was, the enemy stumbled once again, as flames erupted from its mouth and throat, pushing away the smoke cloud. Sun and Inu landed on the ground near to each other, as the machine let out another roar, sweeping its leg through a nearby building in pure, mechanical rage.

yumi.png

A building atop which stood a blue-haired girl, hardly visible through the lightning filling the air around her. Her first instinct was to jump and try landing on the Thunderjaw’s back, but as Yumi took a step forward, the roof beneath her gave in, making what was supposed to be a leap at the metal beast into little more than a pathetic flop forward. And so, Yumi found herself falling from the rooftop. Keeping a cool head to avoid losing all the power she’d charged up was a challenge in and of itself, especially when met with what was looking like a plunge to her death.

This wasn’t the first day of school I’d imagined when I signed up here.

However, before she could hit the ground, her hand was grasped by that of another. Looking up, she saw the grumpy kid from the corner of the classroom, his other hand clutching to the ankle of a large heron that seemed to be struggling to carry them both as they slowly descended to the ground. "You're welcome. What's up with all the static? How much do you weigh, even??" Hakaro grunted through gritted teeth, seemingly undeterred by the fact that only one of his two questions was appropriate for him to ask in this moment.

“Worry about my weight later; the static is my Quirk. I’ve been charging up power for… a while, and then I can let it all out in one big shot. Get me over to the hole in this thing’s armor and I can shut it down.”

Hakaro grinned a wicked grin, as the wings of the heron grew, flapping wildly as the two of them twisted into a dive. "If you only have one shot at this, I guess we had better not miss!" He briefly released her, grasping hold of both of her shoulders from behind, as his spirit animal that was now a giant eagle did the same to him. "YOU BETTER BE READY!"

"Of course I’m ready!” Yumi stretched her right arm out in front of her, gripping it by the elbow with her left hand, like it was a gun. She’d seen the #1 hero aim his attacks like this before, and while it wasn’t necessary for her, it did help with that extra bit of precision. With only one shot at this thing, and the clear threat it presented, Yumi absolutely did not want to miss.

With a swoop, the pair was turned toward the Thunderjaw, directly facing it's now exposed heart. Some kind of invisible barrier seemed to be pushing back on them, but Hakaro threw Yumi forward directly at her target, as his eagle disappeared in wisps of silent blue flames, dropping him down to the ground.

Charge complete. Target acquired. Aim, and… FIRE! With a deafening blast of thunder, the power Yumi had stored up until now was launched ahead of her, directly into the heart of the Thunderjaw. Electricity poured out of the metal monstrosity’s body as the recoil from the shot sent an aerial Yumi careening through the open air. That was her one shot, but it seemed she hit her mark. If the Thunderjaw was still operational after that, then frankly, there was probably no killing it anyway. Before she could hit anything, however, she was caught once again. This time, however, it was by the monkey man she had seen in class.

"Hi! I'm Sun!"

Before she could respond at all, the glowing dome above them shattered and turned into tiny flecks of glittering gold, falling down slowly among the students like snow as each piece faded away. A silhouette of a figure with glowing golden wings could be seen high-up in the sky if anyone had looked, but it didn't linger long. Over the speakers, the students in the mock-city would all hear an unknown female voice over the speakers that had previously announced the lockdown.

<If it wasn't clear enough to you all, this was part of the test. If any of you were offended by the lie, that's really too bad. You can change back into your school uniforms, we will be going over everything that took place in your classroom. The entrance you all used has been unsealed.>

bro.png

Before the students in the classroom stood a woman, seemingly about 30 years old, with long black hair neatly and intricately pinned up behind her, wearing what appeared to be a hero costume made completely of paper.

"My name is Sessho Sadako, but I would prefer if you all referred to me by my hero name. Paper Hero - Orikami. I was brought here by the Hero Public Safety Commission to teach the Traditional Heroics course here at U.A." she paused, silently surveying the room full of youths, her gaze seemingly to pierce into their very souls, "This means that, while the other teachers here will be handling your standard education, I will oversee your progress toward becoming true heroes."

With a snap of her fingers, the blackboard behind her opened up, revealing several screens behind it. On them, various clips of footage of the students' battles with the machine's played. "I will be transparent with you all, class 1-B completed the challenge in approximately one fifth of the time it took you all to do so. The student who encountered the Thunderjaw managed to defeat it on her own." Orikami smirked subtly, carefully gauging the students' reactions to such a revelation, "However, this means your class was able to display something that 1-B was not afforded the opportunity to: teamwork." The screens showed looping clips of each of students' attacks toward the giant machine, and how they wove together to take it out. After Orikami watched the videos with a silent smile of pride, she turned back to the class as the videos cut to Yasha and Rei running from the security bots.

"I wish I could say that my appreciation extended to the whole class, but you, Yokuna Yasha, and you, Konpaku Rei, have both failed in your first evaluation." Orikami took a few seconds to stare deadly at each them, even receiving an equivalent gaze back from REI, before elaborating, "Though choosing not to fight back may have been the wisest decision for your own personal safety, it is not one that befits a hero. The Thunderjaw was as loud as it was so that its presence would be known. Whether it was rogue or not, the danger it presented was clear, and neither of you took any concern for your fellow classmates."

With a sigh and a blink, her expression turned positive once again, turning back to the class at large, "That being said, there were two stand-outs. While many of you worked to protect your classmates, two of you went Beyond Max Omega." Her smile had now grown into a full-blown grin, completely incongruous with her sour expression from moments earlier, "Seigi Diana, and Ukemei Ayane, please come to the front of the class.

After they had each come to the front, she stood between them, placing a hand on the shoulder of each. Turning her face toward Diana, she addressed her directly, the screens on the fall flicking on once again to show what she spoke of. "Miss Seigi. After you attacked the Thunderjaw, it fired at you and young Miss Kikuchi with its laser array. Without thinking twice, you dove in front of her to protect her. You were willing to sacrifice your life to protect a girl you had hardly even met before. This is the mark of a true hero. Good job."

"And you, Miss Ukemei," she turned her head to the other side to speak to the other girl she had brought in front of the class, "while the move you showed off was by all means impressive, what I find myself much more proud of was your bravery in drawing the machine toward yourself. No doubt you were well aware of the fact that you couldn't take it down yourself, but even as it charged toward you, you stood your ground. You stared overwhelming danger in the face and fought back at it with everything you could, giving the other students time to arrive to assist you. Good job."

Without giving any indication for the two girls to return to their seats, she addressed the class as a whole, letting her arms drop back down to her side as she stepped forward, "Now, does anyone have any questions?"

Rei's eye twitched. She already had a headache and this self-righteous jerk of a 'teacher' certainly wasn't helping any of that. What, they want them to dive into danger like idiots and get themselves killed before they even had a day of actual training? Her expectations going into this were already low and she was surprised to find that she was actually expecting too much out of them.

"Now, does anyone have any questions?"

Oh to heck with it. It seemed that today was intent on being a frustrating one. So she raised a hand. Before being acknowledged she gave her question. "Yeah, I got one...what test? We were told we were introducing ourselves not taking a test. No one ever said anything about that." It was annoying that saying this only made her more annoyed. "Like, okay, sure, good job miss 'hero teacher' you sure pulled one over on us. Tricked all us underage students. I'm sure whoever showed you how to teach is super proud of you for your genius idea of suddenly shoving us into a fake-life-threatening-situation as our first lesson. What was this supposed to teach us? Not to trust a 'Hero' to be honest? Guess you nailed that one, teach."

She glowered at the rest of her classmates. "I can't be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous can I?"

Was this really what this school was about? Did she have to expect them to lie to her about everything and be happy about that? Of course, it shouldn't be surprising. Her parents were good proof that a 'hero' was just a job with an attached sense of self-importance.

Bunch of scumbag jerks...

Benjamin actually surprised himself on being able to stay on the machine for this long...but after some work, it finally shook him off...to which the young man couldn't be happier on the timing. "Poor timing on that..." he smirked, being knocked off as he landed away from the bot while Hideyo did his star show, which ended the robot's life and reducing it to nothing but scrap metal. "Whoa...now that sure was a star studded performance there!" Benjamin whistled, nodding at Hideyo's handy work. He flashed his fellow student a smile, before taking notice of what had happened with the robo-Rex...and it was quite the shocking spectacle to say the least.

"Whoooooooa...jeez, seems like everyone in this class are just filled with so much potential!" Benjamin muttered, seeing that now the hexagonal barrier overhead was starting to shatter and fade...along with seeing a figure with golden wings before they disappeared.

<If it wasn't clear enough to you all, this was part of the test. If any of you were offended by the lie, that's really too bad. You can change back into your school uniforms, we will be going over everything that took place in your classroom. The entrance you all used has been unsealed.>

All part of the test? Should've figured...but then again...least I didn't destroy any of their property... Benjamin thought, before taking a glance over at the pile of scrap that was once a robot. ...okay I partially did...

BGM

"My name is Sessho Sadako, but I would prefer if you all referred to me by my hero name. Paper Hero - Orikami. I was brought here by the Hero Public Safety Commission to teach the Traditional Heroics course here at U.A. This means that, while the other teachers here will be handling your standard education, I will oversee your progress toward becoming true heroes."

Benjamin sat there in silence, unsure what this was now about. He began to fear a bit that this wasn't the method they actually should've done things, which began to feed into his anxiety and belief in him not being good enough to be a hero. Slowly, the student began to slink into his chair.

"I will be transparent with you all, class 1-B completed the challenge in approximately one fifth of the time it took you all to do so. The student who encountered the Thunderjaw managed to defeat it on her own."

He slunk further into his chair, having a bit of a look that one could describe as distraught or even worried. ...1-B completed this...one fifth of the time we had? ...and someone actually defeated the Robo-Rex on their own...? A sickening feeling lodged itself into Benjamin's stomach at just the thought of a single student being THAT strong.

"However, this means your class was able to display something that 1-B was not afforded the opportunity to: teamwork."

This did make Benjamin slowly rise out of his slunk position, now seeing that this might've been something that definitely was needed to help in the long run. A sigh of relief escaped his lips, as now Orikami was reprimanding Yasha and Rei for what they did, as well as praising Ayane and Diana. After Diana returned to her seat after being praised, Benjamin simply gave a small smile as well as a thumbs up to her.

The young man looked around a bit, before slowly raising his hand, but was cut short.

"Yeah, I got one...what test? We were told we were introducing ourselves not taking a test. No one ever said anything about that."

Rei spoke up quickly, and quite in a furious manner about this. Now ordinarily, she probably would've been right from Benjamin's point of view...but at the same time...this was U.A. Not a regular grade school or high school prep. This was sort of the big leagues of school at this point...this is where they would be starting to forge their Hero careers.

"I can't be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous can I?"

Finally, he spoke up. "I mean...they didn't tell us...but then again, aren't Heroes supposed to be able to adapt to any situation? I mean, the moment it started, it sort of felt like...I guess it would be considered the next level? Granted, the villain thing might've been much, but given that there was 16 of us and only the robots coming after us...it made sense that this was either a bug in the system or they planned this."

Speaking of the robots, that brought up the question that Benjamin had in his mind and was about to ask before Rei spoke up. He then cautiously raised his hand. "I have a question, ma'am." he said, before slowly sliding his raised hand back down. "Um, was this test reliant on all the robots being beaten in sequential order...or was it more just...beat the Robo-...er...the Thunderjaw?"

"Well..." She scratched a bit at the nape of her neck, looking away sheepishly. "the robot you fought with Kagarashi wasn't meant to be such a roadblock, it may have been a bit overtuned. But you both demonstrated strength and bravery against it."

"...thaaaaaat's what I was afraid of..." Benjamin sighed, with a shrug. "Still, least I was able to help." That part had to account for something...right?

Edited by Chaos Sonic

2avvIQl.jpg

Kio looked on at the ongoing fight, ashamed at the fact that all he could do was sit back and watch the finale.  His fists started to gyrate, as they rattled close to his legs.  His teeth were grinding, but he still looked onward with a smile.  As Sun and Inu landed beside him, he watched as Yumi really laid into the Giant Metal Rex with a huge Thunderbolt.  The robot was completely out of commission after that.  Kio looked on at the heaping pile of trash, only to pump his fist into the air.

"YAHOOO!!!!!!!  YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY RAD!!!!!!"  

Just then, the dome above them shattered away, and a seraphic like being descended into the mock city.  The speakers flared up once more with her voice being cast through them all.

Kio sat quietly as their new teacher, Orikami, began to explain what just had happened at the training grounds.  It was clearly obvious to him that the whole thing was a test, but a test for what was what he had been wondering about.  But after her explanation, it was apparent that they were supposed to have worked together as a cohesive unit to best the beast.  Kio nodded, teamwork was definitely not his forte.  He always got a little too carried away with himself...he never really had to rely on others in the past.  It was a weird feeling for him. 

"That being said, there were two stand-outs. While many of you worked to protect your classmates, two of you went Beyond Max Omega.  Seigi Diana, and Ukemei Ayane, please come to the front of the class."  The two would do just that.  "Miss Seigi. After you attacked the Thunderjaw, it fired at you and young Miss Kikuchi with its laser array. Without thinking twice, you dove in front of her to protect her. You were willing to sacrifice your life to protect a girl you had hardly even met before. This is the mark of a true hero. Good job.  And you, Miss Ukemei, while the move you showed off was by all means impressive, what I find myself much more proud of was your bravery in drawing the machine toward yourself. No doubt you were well aware of the fact that you couldn't take it down yourself, but even as it charged toward you, you stood your ground. You stared overwhelming danger in the face and fought back at it with everything you could, giving the other students time to arrive to assist you. Good job."

Kio gripped his pants in frustration, but he really couldn't deny that what the two had done their best to overcome this challenge.  Even more so than him.  He had wasted a Memory Card to try and rise to the occasion, but it wasn't enough before the pure power and tenacity of the two girls.  Damnit.

"I guess it's a little hard to go Max Omega when you're using someone else's quirk, huh?"  He sighed.  The cold stare he received from the teacher was enough to send shivers down his spine.

"Miss Seigi hardly used her quirk at all. You did fine, but don't excuse your shortcomings or downplay the accomplishments of others. That won't get you far at all."  Kio's mouth hung open for a bit.  Had he doubted himself standing up against such opposition?  That was another new type of experience for him...going up against something that imposing.  He wouldn't waver again.  He'd take the quirks from others, and really turn them to Max Omega!

"Say no more!"  Kio said, slamming a fist on his desk.  "Akagi Kio will never hold back again!  I'll never make any sort of excuse for as long as I live!  I'll show you what Memory Card can really do next time!"  He grinned.  He then heard a familiar voice start chiding on.  It made his smile dissipate rather instantaneously.  

"Yeah, I got one...what test? We were told we were introducing ourselves not taking a test. No one ever said anything about that.  Like, okay, sure, good job miss 'hero teacher' you sure pulled one over on us. Tricked all us underage students. I'm sure whoever showed you how to teach is super proud of you for your genius idea of suddenly shoving us into a fake-life-threatening-situation as our first lesson. What was this supposed to teach us? Not to trust a 'Hero' to be honest? Guess you nailed that one, teach.  I can't be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous can I?"

"Gee, you're awfully boring."  Kio said, rather stoically.  "Who cares if it was a lie?  It was fun getting to see everyone's quirks in action, don't you think?"  He pressed a fist into his cheek, as he continued to stare at her, blankly.  "I got to see everyone do their best today.  Everyone but you, and mister buzz saw-kill.  Isn't that weird?"  Kio's pupils rattled in annoyance.  "Why are you even here?"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Yasha could hardly believe it. They faked a system error as a test? And he was considered to have failed by assuming it was a system error and not a test?

He was fuming. He didn't want to destroy the school's regular security drones. He was so occupied with the thought that destroying the non-training robots would get him in trouble, and now he looked like an idiot. Everyone else figured it out, and to put insult to injury-- literally, the first wave of robots had banged him up good-- now the kid who had been all curious and nice to him earlier was giving him flak too.

His head was down, but he could well imagine the looks on their faces. God, they must've thought he was stupid. That's what they always thought. He could feel the engine-growl forming in his throat. It was an unfair test, sending them in without so much as access to their costumes and then springing this on them. But anger would get him nowhere, so he swallowed his pride and took a deep breath. He had to keep a level head, and do better. Be better.

In lieu of asking questions, he opted to stay quiet and listen.

As the test came to an end, Hideyo returned Benjamin's smile before leaving for the classroom. He had a lot on his mind after encountering his opponent, and he was grateful that no one could hear his thoughts. At least, so far he was sure none of the present students had a mind-reading quirk. His smile silently faded when he was alone, but it quickly returned as he entered the presence of other students. "I just have to keep smiling," he told himself.

A new instructor was now present, and they proceeded to relay the results of today's exam. With two heroes coming out on top for their outstanding bravery and selflessness, two students who outright failed, and the remainder of the students who passed successfully. Hideyo only nodded as Paper Hero - Orikami shared her thoughts with the class and her plans for them going forward. But if Hideyo was being truthful with himself, he didn't really care for the results of the exam. He only wanted to be alone for a while. To breathe a sigh of relief. Keeping up this smile was the hardest thing he would ever do. To keep himself composed, he remained silent and observed the rest of the class. He withdrew a pen and pad to take notes. Even if he wasn't totally focused, reviewing notes later could help him keep up with whatever he may have zoned out on.

Though, perhaps, later, that would have to wait.

ayane2.png

She had won, but at what cost? Ayane's faithful amp of four years had given in during her standoff with the Thunderjaw, and one of her strings had snapped. The string she could replace pretty painlessly maybe, but the amp? That kind of equipment wasn't exactly cheap, and she had enough trouble back when she was saving up for the first one! Similar to the brief detour she'd had to make to pick up her equipment, Ayane made a quick stop by the dorm building to drop off her gear. Her guitar sat on its stand back in her room, but the amp? Ayane opened up the dumpster behind the building, heaving it up and dropping it in.

Goodbye, faithful amp. You've fought long and hard, especially considering I had to buy you at a thrift shop, because I was and still am totally broke.

This didn't disqualify her from attending U.A. did it? If it had, someone probably would say something as she was leaving the training area, right? Probably best not to ask about it. But how was she supposed to do hero stuff if she couldn't make some noise? This was a bit of a conundrum, but sitting here pondering upon it would mean being late for class! That would not be okay! And so, rather than linger on the tragic death of her amp too much, Ayane hurried along back to the main building. There were classes to attend, and things to learn!

And wouldn't you know it, the class was taught by a real hero! One Orikami was in charge of teaching the class about Traditional Heroics. The thought of her poor amp just wouldn't leave her alone though, resulting in Ayane tuning the teacher out for about a second. Then, just as she was snapping her focus back to the class, Ayane's name had been called out by the teacher. Am I in trouble? Is her real Quirk telepathy!? You can't just go prying into the mind of a young maiden as you please, you demon hero! All the same, Ayane got up, and made her way to the front of the class, alongside that Diana girl. She was met with praise about defending someone from the Thunderjaw's attacks.

"And you, Miss Ukemei, while the move you showed off was by all means impressive, what I find myself much more proud of was your bravery in drawing the machine toward yourself. No doubt you were well aware of the fact that you couldn't take it down yourself, but even as it charged toward you, you stood your ground. You stared overwhelming danger in the face and fought back at it with everything you could, giving the other students time to arrive to assist you. Good job."

"O-Ohhhhhhhhh, that." So she wasn't in trouble at all! Quite the opposite! It was just her first day here, and already she'd been praised by Glory twice on her performance in the entrace exam, and once by Orikami for her deeds in this improvised test. Day one and this school was already making her chest swell up with pride and her face blush from being showered with praise. "Well see, I thought at first I could take him on. Then my attacks did nothing to its thick armor. I really had to think on my toes to save my own hide there! It was fun." Heavy Metal Bulwark. I like it!

And boy were there! Some students were against the way the test had been run. Others were just curious about different aspects of it. Ayane... couldn't really think of anything to ask, quietly making her way back to her seat as others talked about this or that part of the test. As the questions and comments flewe around, Ayane watched the replays of the test's events. Heavy Metal Bulwark.

Oh! A question!

Ayane raised a hand once the other questions had died down. "Err... one of the strings on my guitar broke during that, actually. And my amp is busted and I had to throw it out. Who do I talk to about replacing those?"

"Principal Glory told me to let you know that replacements should be ready soon. The same goes for you, Miss Kemuri. You shouldn't have to expose yourself next time you use your quirk."

"What, for real!?" Just like that!? Charitable didn't even start to cut it for this school! This was totally awesome! How was she supposed to pay this place back? If she asked them, she imagined they'd say something like "just become the best hero you can be." As if she didn't have enough motivation to do that already!

yumi.png

A brief trip to the nurse's office had followed Yumi's destruction of the Thunderjaw. With how untrained her Quirk was, and having used her arm as a conduit to aim better, it was hardly a surprise that Yumi's arm had appropriately been burned pretty badly. Once the adrenaline of the action in the testing area had worn off, all Yumi could really feel was a searing tingling pain across her burnt arm, and she had been sent to the nurse's office to get it healed up. U.A. continued to impress her; with the nurse's Quirk, her arm was healed up in no time flat! That didn't mean the pain was all gone though, but she'd been given bandages with a pain-relieving ointment to put over her arm. However, she did still make it back to class in time to not be late. It was time for Traditional Heroics apparently, taught by a pro hero known as Orikami.

The teacher started class by reviewing the class's performance in the impromptu test. Diana Seigi and Ukemei Ayane received special mentions for their merits, and Yokuna Yasha and Konpaku Rei received special mentions for quite the opposite. That said, in their respective contexts, Yumi agreed with the actions the latter two had taken. Nobody in this classroom - bar the teacher - was a pro hero yet. In the event of an actual villain invasion or the security robots really going rogue, it was wiser to act to ensure one's own safety and wait for the pro heroes working at the school to show up and resolve the issue instead. If it hadn't been for her relative proximity to the Thunderjaw, Yumi would have likely prioritized avoiding enemy robots too, once the alert went off.

"Yeah, I got one...what test? We were told we were introducing ourselves not taking a test. No one ever said anything about that."

Yumi nodded in agreement. While a Quirk assessment was definitely something a hero school like UA should run on its first day, she couldn't imagine any excuse on why this was the way to go about it. She didn't agree with most of what Rei was saying after that point, though. The fact that 1B was also subjected to this test probably meant it wasn't Orikami's call, or Epicenter's for that matter. The only responsible figure she could think of was Glory.

"I can't be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous can I?"

"I mean...they didn't tell us...but then again, aren't Heroes supposed to be able to adapt to any situation? I mean, the moment it started, it sort of felt like...I guess it would be considered the next level? Granted, the villain thing might've been much, but given that there was 16 of us and only the robots coming after us...it made sense that this was either a bug in the system or they planned this."

"The possibility of it being an actual bug in the system is exactly why it's ridiculous," Yumi commented. "Feigning a life-threatening situation like this seems like a poor idea for a test, especially for first-years only arriving at U.A. for the first time today. If we were third-years well on our way to becoming pro heroes it would be one thing, but we aren't. We're brand-new first-years, and odds are most if not all of us wouldn't cut it as pro heroes right now. Which brings me to my own question..."

"How did U.A. plan to address student injuries sustained during the test?" Yumi asked, raising her bandaged arm and turning her attention back to Orikami. "Due to my Quirk having been used very few times, using it in the manner I did when I shot the Thunderjaw burned my arm pretty badly. All things considered, this is easily on the lower end of injuries students could have received, and we're lucky that this seems to be the worst anyone walked away with. What would the school have done if someone's bones were broken, or even worse, got maimed by the Thunderjaw?"

"As chaotic as it may have seemed, I assure you the situation was well under control. Not to mention that our nurse is very experienced, you're in good hands."

"That doesn't really answer my question, Miss Orikami. Let me be more specific." Yumi pointed at the blackboard behind Orikami as the video clip leading up to the Thunderjaw's destruction started over. Starting with the destruction of the building she'd been standing on. "If another student - namely one that can fly or is Miss Konpaku - hadn't been there to catch me, I would either fall to my death or get crushed by the building's rubble, without staff intervention that would muddle up the rest of the test." As the Yumi on the screen fired her shot into the heart of the Thunderjaw, she continued "The recoil from that shot sent me flying through the air. If I hadn't been once again caught, I'd likely break some bones on impact with a building. My burnt arm is somehow a best case scenario. And it's not just me, either; many of the students here could have been crushed, shot by lasers, electrocuted by that crab, and perhaps more. I'm not asking if the situation was in control, Miss Orikami, I'm asking what the plan was for such an incident. Injury, maiming, or worse."

She sighed, an unexpected amount of care visible in her eyes as sheade contact with Yumi's, "Then I would have caught you. It was something we were avoiding telling you all to preserve what authenticity the test had. As for the less fatal potential injuries," her face turned stern once again, addressing the entire class, "while our nursing staff is more than capable of treating whatever you may suffer, it doesn't eliminate the fact that each and every one of you will be injured during your time with this school. Our job isn't to cover you in bubble wrap, it is to help you get back up, and learn from the scrapes and bruises."

"Understood," Yumi nodded. "Having the facts out there is all I wanted behind this test. Thank you for the clarification."

Edited by yui

Tsubasa looked towards the giant robot t-rex with a smile on her face and a clear predatory look in her eyes, seeming ready to pounce and bring down the mechanical beast further. However, all her hairs stood on end as a lightning bolt struck the creature straight through the chest, causing the machine to power down and topple. Relaxing her shoulders, the cat girl let out an impressed whistle, before hopping off the destroyed radar. The girl rolled her shoulders, beginning to walk towards the downed machine before hearing a message come up over the loud speaker. "Huh? Test?" The girl cocked her head to the side, confused by the message but moved alongside everyone else. 

Once out of the field, they were met with another teacher, who gave them a rundown about what test they just partook in. Tsubasa didn't really pay attention to what the woman said, but felt slightly irked as she couldn't help but feel she was being condescended at. All the same, she didn't really have any questions to ask and instead looked around wondering when they could get a move on from lectures. Her ears perked up again as two other girls seemed to  take issue with the test. The girl nodded to herself, adding, "pop quizzes definitely suck.  You get there thinking, 'man it's just class, I can look out the window or take a nap without any worry' and then bam. They hit you with an exam and ruin everything." It was clear that Tsubasa hadn't actually been paying all that much attention to what Yumi and Rei had actually said, but seemed content to vent about in front of a teacher. It wasn't as though Tsubasa was the type to do any better on a test she knew was coming either, but it was the principle of the matter at the end of the day. 

Ren steps began to get unsteady as he made his way back to the fight. The pain in his arms did not fade, but instead surged until he was forced to his knees. Through squinted eyes, he saw that the blow had also managed to put a deep gash in his right arm, from where a small stream of crimson flowed onto the pavement. Grunting and clenching his teeth, he attempted to stabilize his staggered breathing as he looked towards the great mechanical beast. His contribution had not gone unnoticed, as the sign was driven deeper and other students driving more stakes into gaps in its armor.

However, his vision started fading and the sounds of battle grew distant.  Ren looked back to his impact site, the puddle of blood clearly indicated that he had lost a lot more blood than he expected.

“Damn, I won’t last much longer like this,” Ren thought, fighting off the clutching shadows at the edges of his vision, “I need to maintain my Qi!”

Pushing down his feelings of dread and fear of the abyss, Ren sat in the lotus position on the pavement and closed his eyes, focusing on the rhythm of his breaths, slowly returning to normal as his chest slowly expanded and contracted. Feeling his Qi returning, he focused on his bleeding arms, using his Qi to stem the flow of blood. Even as the temptation of sleep grew, he allowed those thoughts to come and pass, focusing his mind’s eye on his wounds. The rumble of an explosion and the shrill sound of an announcement over speakers indicated that the battle was over, but any words that were said were unintelligible. His focus was at its limit.

“Mom...Dad...I’m sorry…You were right...I was too weak…” Ren thought before slipping into darkness.

---

Ren could only feel the cloud of shame that hung over his head as Orikami showed his fellow students dealing the final blows to the Thunderjaw on the screens. The wrappings around his arms felt more like a pillory than gauze. The fact that class 1-B had destroyed the Thunderjaw with ease only added to his shame, while the fact that the class had been able to work together was a cold comfort, considering his contribution was singular. He almost felt that the person who had found him unconscious would have been better served to leave him to his fate.

However, as if the heavens had twisted a blade in his ego, Diana had been considered a standout in the fight. It was this last indignity that lit the spark that turned his self-pity into determination.

“I was beaten this time, but I cannot let this failure stop me! I will become a hero, even if it means that I fail a hundred times! All that matters is that I stand at the end of the journey!”

Rei started to protest to the teacher, but Ren ignored her impotent complaining and the ensuing crosstalk, silently waiting for his opportunity, hiding his disgust with the girl’s lack of shame. At least Yasha recognized his failure. Once Yumi was satisfied with the answer to her question, Ren raised his hand.

“Orikami-sensei. I am ashamed of my poor performance in this test and I would like the chance to redeem myself. When will be the next test?”

"You did better than you seem to think, but here at U.A. you will be provided with plenty of opportunities to prove yourself, though," With a quiet smirk, Orikami addressed the entire class, "if I were you, I would focus on training yourself for the sports festival in a month. That is when you will truly have eyes on you."

The sports festival. His pride and honor were bound to this day. Ren clenched his fists in determination, feeling the stitches in his arm stretch painfully. That day would be his triumph, or his downfall.

“Thank you sensei. I will do my best.”

Takehiko got ready to charge along with Sun, before seeing him beat him by a wide margin and smash into the T-rex, "Well... I suppose as long as the threat is dealt with..." He'd give a small unnoticeable pout as he went to go back inside, "Ugh, this armor is so heavy... I wonder if I could get a costume that can adapt the material faster so I don't have to keep wrecking things."

After Takehiko returned to the classroom he looked up and waved to the new teacher, taking his seat near the front.

"My name is Sessho Sadako, but I would prefer if you all referred to me by my hero name. Paper Hero - Orikami. I was brought here by the Hero Public Safety Commission to teach the Traditional Heroics course here at U.A." she paused, silently surveying the room full of youths, her gaze seemingly to pierce into their very souls, "This means that, while the other teachers here will be handling your standard education, I will oversee your progress toward becoming true heroes."

With a snap of her fingers, the blackboard behind her opened up, revealing several screens behind it. On them, various clips of footage of the students' battles with the machine's played. "I will be transparent with you all, class 1-B completed the challenge in approximately one fifth of the time it took you all to do so. The student who encountered the Thunderjaw managed to defeat it on her own." Orikami smirked subtly, carefully gauging the students' reactions to such a revelation, "However, this means your class was able to display something that 1-B was not afforded the opportunity to: teamwork." The screens showed looping clips of each of students' attacks toward the giant machine, and how they wove together to take it out. After Orikami watched the videos with a silent smile of pride, she turned back to the class as the videos cut to Yasha and Rei running from the security bots.

However Takehiko had basically stopped listening, his armor having been discarded outside training area as he utilized his pawns and had them each pull out a notebook as they started reviewing seperate tactics in the video to utilize later. Each of them appeared to be writing on a seperate subject to those who looked closely, and to those who looked even more closely 3 of the clones were simply pretending to write. One even going so far as to draw Takehiko's face with devil's horns coming out of it.

Takehiko himself however would give a small clap, "Congratulations are well warranted for you two, you definitely deserve the praise. However..." A small glint shown in his glasses, "We're all in the belly of the beast now, and you've shown yourselves to be the one's to surpass to make it. And I'm going to make that promise now that I'll make -sure- I'll be even better! Isn't that right Sun? We can totally do better! You were slacking!" His voice came off as kind of a tease but... he wasn't sure if Sun would get that.

"Now then, Miss Orikami, was it? My only request... no, demand I'd say is more fitting, train us into the best heroes all of us can possibly be so that well all meet beyond your expectations. I also want to personally say I think Sun at least deserves some acknowledgement, he's a bit foolish in regards to how he handles himself but he definitely acted towards more of a hero than I thought was completely necessary and even if you don't acknowledge him yourself I want to at least let him know that I do."

"While he did make efforts to protect you, it seems that you were not in much need of protection. His efforts are commendable, but not remarkable."

"Oh, and, one more thing. I'm sitting in the front of the class to make everyone behind me know they're chasing me, so don't fall too far behind! I'd hate to leave jewels covered in my dus-" His eye twitched as he seemed to see something out of the corner of his eye, turning to his clones as one of them had suddenly vanished, "You're all dismissed and you are not allowed to send memories to me, fanart of myself in the teacher's hero costume is impermissible." He held his head in his hand as he swore he felt a migraine coming on.

dianabannerneo.png

With the reveal and the return to the classroom, Diana couldn't help but feel a little sheepish. She didn't feel like she deserved such praise... Especially if a student in the other class took down the dinosaur on their own! She still had a long was to go, and she wasn't even sure she could make it that far...

"Um... [thank you], ma'am, but I-"

Of course, the discourse about the ethic behind the extended test took over, while Diana stood and watched. Even the other girl, Ayane, got a word in edgewise. Complaints about it not being fair, absurd, or worse. That life-threatening situations shouldn't be faked... Maybe they were right. But, all the same.

"[Excuse me!]" Diana raised her voice to just below a shout, blushing a bit as she did. "I'm sorry for yelling, but I wanted to get everyone's attention... I really don't know if this was right, wrong, or whatever, but I CAN say that my actions come from a life-threatening situation. I've been in one before... [Oh God, here goes nothing..."

Grabbing a hair band from her pocket, she closed her eyes and bunched her hair up, pulling it back into a ponytail. As she did, a scar reaching from her right eye's right cuticle to just before her ear. The girl shook a bit, eyes tight, before taking a deep breath and snapping her eyes open. When she did, her right eye, shown for the first time, was revealed to be mechanical. It seemed to move in unison with Diana's left eye as she shuffled about nervously, taking one last breath before continuing.

"In... a life or death situation, you have to [make a move]. Er, just do what has to be done. It's not the time for thinking it through, it's the time for action. Thinking can just make things worse. It probably is a little too far to have us think a glitch like that would happen, but I think it was good practice. And I am [humbled] to receive praise for just letting my limbs carry me."

She snapped the headband off and bowed, hair falling back over the right side of her face before she stood up again, glancing to the side.

"[I'm not perfect, by any means, either...]"

unknown.png

Nat was almost disappointed there weren't any villains around. She figured it was some sort of test, or a genuine malfunction from the start. And yet, she kinda hoped it was some sort of elaborate attack by a villain or two. Nat simply rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "Of course it was a test." It was a bitter taste in her mouth; the reckless abandon of letting hell break loose in a mock city is exactly the type of flamboyant extravagance that rubs her the wrong way. Rei voiced her opposition against the exam, with Yumi following up with safety concerns. "It's absolutely ridiculous. Flashy, dangerous, and stupid; welcome to the hero business."

"Principal Glory told me to let you know that replacements should be ready soon. The same goes for you, Miss Kemuri. You shouldn't have to expose yourself next time you use your quirk."

"Thanks" She said bitterly, leaning back on the chair. It was nice to hear she didn't have to go streaking every time she wanted to use her quirk - those smoke outfits she made did the job just fine, but not having to worry about it in the first place was good. She took a glance towards the ceiling, letting a trail of smoke escape her mouth as she let out a sigh. "What a drag."

sun.jpg

"Isn't that right Sun? We can totally do better! You were slacking!"

Sun was amazed. He had thought he did a pretty good job against the Roombas, but the boy he helped had even higher expectations of him! Hero School really was something amazing, and he couldn't wait to learn more!

"Don't worry, Takeiho! I'm going to keep on improving!"

inu.jpg

The Hellhound listened to everyone, hearing the concerns. While he wanted to just dismiss everything everyone had said, something was nagging him, like a flea gnawing on his head. "Yeah, I got a question, teach," Inu spoke up without raising his hand. "Ain't this test kinda fuckin' rigged?" without waiting for an answer, he continued. "You send a giant monster of a robot after us and just expect us to charge it head-on, with no regard for our own safety and actual powers. In a real situation, people like Metal Head and Resting Bitch Face over there would probably be evacuating citizens, not fighting the monster. You don't expect Refreshment Man to fight Godzilla head first, do ya?" He paused to chew on the toothpick he had in his mouth.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, this test is far too rigged to powerful students. Hell, you even said yourself that 1B had one person took out the monster. Did the rest fail because they couldn't do shit to it? The right people need to be in the right place. After all, people trying to do things they ain't supposed to lead to things like Kashyyyk, ya know?"

Orikami's eyes were filled with rage, though the rest of what she put off, both in her facial expression and body language, remained serene. She slowly made her way to Inu's desk, the tips of her toes barely touching the floor with each step as she was carried by unmoving paper wings. "Kashyyyk was the result of a foolish hero who thought himself infallible. It was his job to confront the villain. It was his responsibility to solve the problem. But when he faced a foe with overwhelming strength, he failed." Orikami made her way back to the front of the class, leaving a tiny paper crane on Inu's desk, before turning back toward the students as a whole.

"You are going to meet several other teachers today. I'm sure you will learn more about them, I'm sure they will be making promises to you. My promise is that I will never go easy on you. Consider it a blessing, or fall by the wayside with all those who couldn't make it into this prestigious course." Pivoting in the air, she made her way to the door, "Class dismissed."

hakaro.png

Hakaro sat in his corner, gritting his teeth as the teacher stepped out of the room. It had only been one class and he was already tired of hearing the voices of every single person he met here. Especially Little Miss Guitar Hero.

LITERATURE - PAGE MASTER

"Good morrow students. Welcome to Literature class." the man simply said, adjusting his glasses, whilst holding a single book in his other hand. "My name is Edogawa Osamu, though some of you may know me by my Hero name...Librarian Hero - Page Master. You may refer to me as either Mr. Edogawa or by my Hero name, I shall answer to one of those."

He paused, surveying the classroom. "It's my duty given by U.A. to educate you future Heroes, in the general basics of literature. While I assume a good portion of you have gotten acquainted with your elementary and middle school's literature classes, some may need the basics, so I will be touching on those. Nevertheless, we shall be going over various works of literature that have graced the world. While you may be training to be Heroes, one thing a Hero cannot be without is good diction as well as an understanding of good literature."

SCIENCE - HEMLOCK

As time ticked over for the next class to begin, the door opened. As if she had been waiting for that exact moment, the teacher for their science class had appeared with precise punctuality. The silver haired woman walked to her desk and looked to the students with a smile on her face. Clapping her hands together, the woman said, "welcome to your first day of science class 1-A. My name is Itou Yuuka, otherwise known as the Poison Hero - Hemlock." Reaching into a bag she had on her person, the woman placed a textbook onto her desk. "Now then, most people tend to think of science and math in the same vein of classes. I'm sure you've all sat through them before thinking something like, "well, I'm never going to need this anyway." But, that is not a proper mindset for a hero." 

Waving her finger around as she opened her textbook up, she continued saying, "in fact, I would say science is perhaps one of the most important courses for you to take as a hero, allowing you to get a better understanding of just how specifically your quirk functions as well as how it interacts with the world around you. And heroes have often used random facts they've learned about science to help them out of a bind as well. So, I hope you take your studies here seriously as they will be quite important." Picking up a piece of chalk and walking over to the board the woman said, "I look forward to teaching all of you."

ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE - Xiónglǎohǔ

"Welcome, everyone!"

when the students entered their ESL class, they would find a panda shaped like a woman... or a human woman with a panda quirk? Either way, the panda woman was doing pull-ups on a bar just above the black board, looking over her shoulder to flash each of the students a grin. Once everyone was gathered, she let go and landed deftly on her feet, before grabbing a towel from her desk and wiping off.

"Whoo, that was good. Sorry, kids, had to work off lunch. I was gonna come and meet you guys at the exam, but seems like there were plans I didn't know about with it." 

The woman seemed to huff a bit as she wrung out the towel and put it down, crossing her arms.

"[Hello everyone! I am your teacher, Beatrice Kumatora. Also known as the Panda Hero - Xiónglǎohǔ.] And, for those who didn't understand that, I'll write it on the board."

She turned around and hummed a small tune as she did, writing the English, then the corresponding Japanese.

"For this week, we're going to focus on learning how to introduce ourselves in English. So, would anyone like to try first?"

HISTORY - RUBY HEART

"...which concludes a brief summary of the early emergence of Quirks, and the impact they've had on society. The system we have now is different from the one we had when heroes first emerged, but heroes operate the way they do today for a reason. Even if you aren't fully-fledged heroes yourselves just yet, that goes for all of you, too. I'd like to take this moment to reiterate the point I led off with at the start of class." Ruby Heart - the #5 hero of Japan, and U.A.'s history teacher - looked over her class again. She wanted to make sure everyone was paying attention, and any students that weren't soon found a red crystal becoming acquainted with the backs of their heads.

It wasn't until she had the entire class's attention that she resumed. "Should any of you decide that heroism isn't the path for you, and you instead become villains, I will hunt you down and turn you in myself. This school is meant to bring up the most promising heroes of each generation, and I won't have any of my students becoming an enemy to the peace and justice we fight for; the same peace and justice you joined this school to protect. If you head down the path of evil, you wouldn't be the first U.A. dropout gone villain that I've arrested, but hopefully, you would be the last."

And then the bell rang, indicating that history class was over. It was time for the next part of the day. "No homework from me today. However, I want you all to think about this question: Why is today's hero system different from how it was when heroes first emerged? We'll be going over the answer tomorrow."

MATHEMATICS - KING KOBRA

The students had waited at least fifteen minutes, and yet the teacher still wasn't there. Shouldn't a math teacher be better at keeping track of time?

Outside, an out-of-season cricket chirped as Koboyashi Isami stared up into the sky at a particularly interesting cloud.

bro.png

In what felt like a flash, the entire first day of school had passed, and in another, the first week. As Friday's classes drew to a close, their homeroom teacher dismissed the class. Epicenter clapped her hands, holding them together in front of her bright smile.

"That wraps up class for today, students! It's been a great first week, hasn't it?!" Ms. Todoya giggled, placing her hands on her desk.  "I hope that we continue to get closer as a class! I also want to thank you for being patient with me! I was never a good student, so being on the teaching end is really quite strange!" She perked a single finger into the air, surprising herself. "Oh! And don't forget! Please have your parents or guardians sign your permission slip for our field trip to the beach! You won't be able to go, unless they say so! Get home safely, everyone!"

Tomoaki Akira, the man most often known these days as Glory, tumbled in his sleep. It was a fitful night, an occurrence that had only become more common with the onset of the new year. In his mind, surrounding him with no hope for escape, he saw flashes of memories: first a bright flash of grey and gold, then the roar of a gigantic lizard-like monster, a pair of glowing, orange eyes above a cruel grin, a golden-armored body motionless in his hands, a girl with a terrified expression skewered by a dozen spears of hard light, and finally a pained smile, with a tear falling down its owner's cheek. First the teardrop froze against ice-cold skin, before being hit by a wave of heat from below, causing it to melt once again and finally evaporating.

With a scream, he forced his eyes open, as they glowed brightly enough to illuminate the ceiling above him. Traces of hard light feathers turned to dust scattering in the air, illuminating debris from the newly-destroyed room scattered all around. Pulling himself up into a half-slump, he wiped the cold sweat from his brow, surveying the carnage around him between ragged breaths. It had seemed that nearly everything but a framed newspaper on the wall had sustained some amount of damage. 

Fumbling for the phone on his bedside table, he unlocked it to notice a crack on the corner of its face. It was fine, he could afford to replace it when he had time. Ignoring the fact that the clock displayed 2:00 AM, he pulled up a contact and pressed call.

The other end picked up after only one ring. Of course she did.

"Yuuka. Put me on the schedule for the trip tomorrow. Just in case."

bro.png

Early Monday morning, the bus for the 1-A beach trip had already arrived, parked at the entrance to the school. In the driver's seat sat one of the robots from the training course, haphazardly dressed in what looked almost like a train conductor's outfit. Overseeing from a short distance was Principal Glory, his visor masking the bags under his eyes from his lack of rest the previous night. With a glance down at his watch,he managed to calm his nerves, at least somewhat. It was still a decent amount of time early, it made sense for nobody to have arrived yet.

This school may have bad history with field trips… but I'm not going to let any of them get hurt. Not under my watch.

OOC:

Don't worry, classes won't always be skipped over like this, but I figured going through the entire class schedule scene by scene would be awfully villainous. It is now Monday of the next week, so some of the students may have established basic relationships by this point. You can decide amongst yourselves anything along those lines, but this trip will be the first real opportunity for the members of 1-A to get to know each other. Feel free to collab to get extra interaction in as everyone boards the bus, I hope everyone is ready for THE BEACH EPISODE!!!!!!?

Edited by (✧△✧)

2avvIQl.jpg

The rest of the days classes came and went, with Kio listening intently to each lesson.  Each new thing he learned today would be trapped in his mind for the rest of all time.  He'd never forget any of the things his teachers had said this day, especially Orikami and Ruby Heart.  They were the ones that caught his eye the most.  Never had he been lectured so cruelly by one, and so chillingly threatened by the other.  They were truly interesting choices to be teaching here at U.A.  Hopefully he would be able to keep up through the rest of the year.  And just as his first day had ended, it seemed his whole week had ended in one great big rush.  It must've been some major brain lag from everything he learned this week, but time seemed to fly these days.  

"That wraps up class for today, students! It's been a great first week, hasn't it?!  I hope that we continue to get closer as a class! I also want to thank you for being patient with me! I was never a good student, so being on the teaching end is really quite strange!  Oh! And don't forget! Please have your parents or guardians sign your permission slip for our field trip to the beach! You won't be able to go, unless they say so! Get home safely, everyone!"

Kio kicked a foot up onto his desk, and pushed himself backwards, lifting the front legs of his chair off the ground.  

"Parents signature, huh?"  He blankly stared at the ceiling. 

That night, when he returned home, he went up the steps just as he did every night, almost forgetting that he couldn't avoid his parents this weekend.  He stopped midway, and turned his head back down the stairs.  As he walked down them, and entered the kitchen, he placed his school bag on one of the chairs, and took a seat at the kitchen table.  His mother hadn't noticed him sneak in, but when she turned around, she gasped.  

"Kio!  Shouldn't you be studying?  Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah Mom, just fine.  Is Dad around?"

"No, he went out gam-...he went out with some friends tonight.  He probably won't be home until later."  

"Perfect.  Can I get you to sign this?"  Kio asked, pulling out his permission slip, and sliding it over the table in her direction.  "We're having a field trip to the beach this week...Can't go unless you sign it."  

His mother picked up the paper, with a forlorn look on her face.  

"Oh...is that all you needed?  I can do it in a jiffy."  Kio nodded, with his blank expression.  However, he still remained at the table.  His mother signed the paper, and returned it.  "Would you like to eat dinner with me tonight?"  She asked. "I want to know how your first week at U.A. went."  Kio paused for a moment, before nodding again.  "Does Gyoza sound good?"  Kio smiled.  It was his favorite food.

"Sounds perfect."  

The First Day & Week

It seemed to go by in an instant, but then again, Benjamin was already hyped and excited about being here to begin with...so perhaps that sort of had something to do with it. Nevertheless, after Orikami they were taken to a Literature class with the Hero, Page Master...and then Science with Hemlock...then English as a Second Language with Xiónglǎohǔ...which to be truthful, he figured would be the class that he'd excel the most...and to be exact...he would've...if the panda didn't take into consideration Diana and himself, to which now they NEVER were to use English unless it was for a test.

Oh the curse of knowing the subject and language in this specific course...

Regardless, Benjamin found that this first week of classes went by quickly...which he hoped that this would be a normal thing. Then again, it was the first week, so of course it wouldn't.

"Oh! And don't forget! Please have your parents or guardians sign your permission slip for our field trip to the beach! You won't be able to go, unless they say so! Get home safely, everyone!"

Trip to the beach as a field trip? Benjamin thought, getting up as he slid his bag over his shoulder. That seemed sort of out of nowhere, a field trip to the beach of places. Two different distinct ideas popped into his head at this point on what this could be. The first option being something with community service, which would be weird in itself, but not out of the ordinary. The second option was more or less...maybe a beach party? ...c'mon O'Hara! Be serious for once...while that would be nice...I doubt that's how things are going...especially with it being April and no where near summer...

iU8EggM.png

"Oh sure, no worries. We'll definitely sign this for ya, Ben." Miles said, taking the paper and immediately signing for Benjamin as they sat down to eat. He handed it over to Felicia to sign as well before looking over at his son. "So am I assuming that your first week went pretty smoothly then, right?"

Benjamin nodded, going into detail about the week's events in more detail now. "Either way...I'm kind of excited for the rest of the school year...though I'm looking at the Quirks of the others and I'm still getting a bit...envious..."

"Benjy...you shouldn't be like that." Felicia sighed, putting the permission slip on the other edge of the table before smiling. "You've got a good Quirk and I'm sure you'll be an amazing Hero with it. You need to just believe that."

"...I know..." he sighed, before sighing. "So dad, how was work? Anything exciting on your front?"

For the rest of the evening during dinner, Benjamin was told by his father about the various IT issues he had to deal with at work, and even was trying to bounce ideas to try and troubleshoot the issues. This would be pretty much the entirety of his weekend...just trying to relax and help out the best he could...without being a costumed Hero.

Present Day

Benjamin had awoken extra early today...of course because of the field trip, but that'd be where he'd end up. He had one stop to make first. After getting himself dressed, tossing on a hoodie, he moved over and looked at his desk. On it...a small bouquet of webbed roses. A small sigh escaped his lips as he moved and grabbed them, putting them gently in a bag. He left with a kiss goodbye to his mother and a wave, before making off...

He stopped over at a small cemetery...well, it wasn't really a "small" cemetery, more like a Hero's cemetery. A place where the Heroes and Heroines would be laid to rest once they're time had come to an end. Regardless, he stopped here, making a direct line straight to one gravestone in particular. Benjamin sighed yet again, before reaching into his bag and grabbing the webbed roses, placing the bouquet there. "...sorry I hadn't came to visit in a while. I...just started U.A. last week and so far it's going good. I'm sure you probably would've been proud to see how I worked out." he said shaking his head, trying not to cry. "A-Anyway...I figured I stop by for a moment before I head back to campus. Going on a field trip...on the second week. I'm sure you had some crazy stuff happening to you over there as well... I'll try and stop by a bit more often..." Another sigh escaped his lips before he waved and left the cemetery and her gravestone.

iU8EggM.png

BGM

Benjamin simply found himself in a good mood today. He didn't know why...was it because he visited her grave today? Or was it because it was a field trip today? Maybe it was a bit of both, but at the same time, he really didn't care. Benjamin enjoyed the trek to U.A., rather than his massive parkour display he did on his first day...plus this would also give him a chance to see what was unveiled today on this livestream he was watching.

Apparently, according to his father, they were unveiling a new gaming PC that was actually supposed to be better than the one he currently had. He, of course, wanted to know how much better it was...after all, he could always find a way to upgrade the one he had in order to compete with the new model. It's something he'd always did...something his father taught him...and thus far it was getting him by.

Though he honestly hoped it would be unveiled before this trip got started. The one thing he didn't want to happen was that it got revealed while he was off at the beach and a bit busy with whatever they were doing to know about it. Then again...fairly certain that's how it'll be...the Computer Gods just loves doing things like that to me... he thought, before finally making his way towards the bus, his eyes still glued to his phone, with one headphone in one ear.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

2avvIQl.jpg

Monday had rolled around, and Kio had as always ran to school.  It was a nice enough day for the beach, and he had a whole lunch packed, along with his swimming trunks and snorkel gear.  This was gonna be a blast!  As he approached the school, he realized he wasn't the first one who had made it, as Ben could be seen getting on board the bus that was stationed just outside.  To his surprise, Principal Glory stood outside the bus, and even more surprising was a security drone was in the driver's seat!  It was comically dressed up as a conductor of sorts, giving it less of an air of intimidation as the ones that had attacked them the week prior.  With a sigh of relief, Kio approached Glory.   

"Didn't think you'd be heading this thing, #77!  What's the occasion?" He asked.  

"I'm not heading it. Just figured I'd tag along. I've been told i need to get out of the office more, anyway."  

Kio nodded his head, holding his chin in his hand.  

"Hm, hm!  I see!  I guess even Principals need a nice day at the beach from time to time, huh?  Not a big pencil pusher, I'm guessing?"  Kio smiled.  "Me neither.  I like action!  Which is why I challenge you to a swim off once we get there!"  He pointed a finger directly at the hero.  "Unless you're chicken."

"Do you really think that is something I'd be interested in? Besides, I need to keep an eye out for anything that might go wrong. This school has a poor history in regards to field trips."

"Chicken it is."  Kio smugly crossed his arms.  "Besides...the last attack on a U.A. field trip happened about...10 years ago right?  If my memory serves me right, that was around the time that the Kashyyyk incident happend, correct?"  Kio waved his hand from side to side.  "You shouldn't get so worked up.  I bet the class can handle themselves."

"Don't pretend not to know things. It makes you look more like a snake than a charmer. No offense to your math teacher."

Kio's eyes sharpened, as a sly, twisted grin traced his lips.  

"Guess it can't be helped.  There's no getting past you is there? Kio's face contorted back into cheerful mode, as he threw his hands into the air.  "Geez, I was hoping for a little more fun today!  You're such a buzzkill, Glory.  I bet Epicenter will race me in a heartbeat."  He walked on up the stairs and onto the bus.  "I look forward to the trip!  I can really go all out, knowing we're in your capable hands!"  Kio then took a seat somewhere in the middle of the bus, where he'd be able to see everyone!  For some strange reason, Ben still hadn't gotten on...maybe he was waiting for someone?  He wondered some more, did spiders even make for good swimmers?  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

ayane2.png

One day had become two. And then three. And five. The school week was already over. What a ride it had been, and it concluded with Epicenter reminding everyone to get their permission slips turned in. Ayane had already brought hers in days ago, of course. She had made a point to get it in as soon as possible so that she wouldn't forget about it later and risk missing out on a trip to the beach! And now with all that done... Ayane wanted to chill out while she could. Friday and Saturday, she'd spent around the dorm building, either practicing with her Quirk outside, or doing some general goofing around inside with the locations and resources available to her. Also one instance where she narrowly avoided spilling boiling water on her foot. But even a close miss was still a miss.

In due time, however, Sunday left and Monday came around. Ayane wasn't in any super special hurry to make it to the bus, as much as she wanted to go to this beach trip. It wasn't because she disliked the idea, but because she was living about as close to the bus as one could possibly live. This bed's soft warmth called to her, begging her to just not get up and embrace this luxurious bed the likes of which she'd never felt before. Once she did get up, however, Ayane got dressed and made right for the bus! She wouldn't miss this trip for the world. Imagine her surprise to find that she wasn't the first one on the bus. Among the others who had gotten on before her was Hakaro. Perfect. She'd been meaning to ask him something. Ayane plopped herself in the seat in front of Hakaro, turning around and propping herself up on the seat by her knees to face the guy directly.

"Hey. So, that Quirk you've got, it's kinda a lot like mine. Crazy how that happens, isn't it?"

"Not really."

"You sure? We both project things, even if it's made from different stuff. I thought the biggest difference was you just really liked animals." A distinctly smug and playful look spread on Ayane's face at that notion. "Mr. Brooding, the aspiring zoologist! That's why your emotions become animals I bet; because you're super passionate about them!"

"Hardly."

"Awwww, what? Not even a little?" Ayane paused for a bit, thinking more about that Quirk and the animals it could produce. "It's any animal, right?"

"I guess."

"I bet you could make a whale or something!" With her excitement for the beach trip leaking back out again, Ayane continued "And ride it out to sea! You'll be the most popular guy on the beach I bet!" Right, they were all going to the beach! "You're excited to go too, right? Have you been to the beach before?"

"Yeah."

"Oooh!" The girl leaned in closer, her excitement for the trip only growing. "Tell me all about it! I've seen beaches in pictures and movies and stuff obviously, but this is gonna be the first time I've seen the real deal for myself!"

"Nothing special."

"Sure it is! That's the ocean out there! And that's where... all life came from? Or something? Plus, all sorts of cool things live out there! And some really creepy stuff, the further down you go."

"Apparently."

"Did you remember to pack a swimsuit?"

"Nope."

"This must not be your lucky day, then." Glancing out the window at the cloudy skies above, Ayane mused "Though I did imagine it being a bit sunnier for a beach trip. Oh well. What happens happens!"

"I guess."

"Jeez, at least pretend to be excited. We're going to the beeeeeeeeach! It's supposed to be fuuuuun! Gimme a smile. Go on." Ayane would not turn back around until either Hakaro complied, she was told to by the teacher, or she was distracted by another student.

Edited by yui