(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega! [IC/CLOSED/PG-16/BEST RP 2020 WINNER]

With the first day blues already over, Hideyo rushed home. Classes had gone smoothly and he was looking forward to reporting to his mother and father about his day. He would have his permissions slip signed afterward. Most importantly, he looked forward to being alone for the rest of the evening and allowing his smile to subside.

As he entered through the front door, he was greeted with the smell of freshly baked goods. Mom was probably ready to celebrate Hideyo's first day at U.A.

"Something smells great!" he said excitedly as he took off his shoes and left them at the door.

"Welcome home, Hideyo," his mother said with a smile. She stepped away from the kitchen to give her son a hug. Hideyo embraced his mother happily. He had missed her hugs and he had only been away from home for a few hours.  She noticed Hideyo tighten his arms around her, and she chuckled. "Well aren't you extra sweet today?"

Hideyo finally let go of his mother and took a step back. "I missed you," he finally admitted.

"I missed you too, dear. How was your first day?" she asked.

Hideyo fist pumped the air and cheered. "It wasn't too bad!"

Juntei's face changed from happy to concerned. "Did your anxiety get the better of you?" she asked finally.

Hideyo's smile faded. "... toward the end of the day... I felt really drained. So much happened," he said weakly. "It was physically, emotionally, and mentally intense. But I didn't hate it. I was just--"

"Overwhelmed," said his father from the study, now entering the kitchen. "The first day is always rough, son," Kenji said to Hideyo. He greeted Hideyo with a handshake and a hug. "I'm glad you're home."

"Dad," Hideyo greeted his father. "You aren't at the dojo today."

Kenji nodded. "I decided to take the day off. Your mother and I spent the majority of it baking and telling jokes," he laughed. "Speaking of which," Kenji said as he pulled Hideyo to the side. "How did your opening act go?"

Hideyo's smile returned. "It was perfectly executed!"

Kenji and Hideyo were both filled with laughter, leaving Juntei with a puzzled look on her face. "What's so funny you two?"

They spent the rest of the evening talking about the first day at U.A., Hideyo's expectations, and the upcoming field trip. "Well, you can't miss your first trip. Give me your permission slip and I'll sign it," Juntei insisted. Hideyo sprinted over to his backpack and pulled the piece of paper out carefully. "I can't wait!"

The days seemed to stretch on forever for Rei. She wished it were so easy as to just skip past each class but alas this was the real world and nothing like that existed. So she had to sit through class after class. She realized pretty quickly that a lot of the classes were strangely...normal. Especially compared to what they started with.

She tried not to think about that part too much. There were a couple of others, surprisingly, who seemed to see the issues that she did but too many of them were far too happy to accept whatever the hero threw at them as reasoning. In the end she decided it didn't mean much to her if they wanted to pretend this was all fine.

Overall she wasn't too impressed by the teachers. Even the supposed number 5 hero was pretty disappointing. She also couldn't help but notice how...young these teachers seemed. More reason to suspect this place was just holding itself together she supposed. The math teacher, at least, seemed pretty cool.

When she first found out they were going to a beach she thought it was a joke. Why waste a trip to the beach now? The more she thought about it the more convinced this was going to wind up another of those tests. Because of this she didn't feel all that motivated to remember to get her permission slip signed. Which led her to putting it off until finally the day came and she couldn't put it off any longer.

So it was on Monday that Rei was standing in front of her closet. She had already gotten dressed and ready but...there was one other thing that she had to decide if she'd take or not. They weren't seriously just going to the beach for a trip right? Even if they were swimming now probably wouldn't be all that comfortable...

She sighed. Whatever, she might as well be ready just in case.

Several more minutes passed before she finally exited her room. As she did the girl heard the front door open. Remembering the slip in that moment she called out "Dad!" She started towards the door. "Hold up dad!"

When she reached it her old man was standing in the doorway and looking back at her. "What's up Sunshine, here to see your dad off before he goes to work?"

Hardly. Rei resisted rolling her eyes just barely. She held the slip out to him. "Supposed to get this signed. For a trip or something." She muttered. The girl watched her father's face as he took the slip and looked it over. She saw the moment his eyebrows raised in what was clear amusement and it made Rei want to snatch it from him and tell him forget it.

Before she could he took out a pen and placed the paper on the wall. "Beach trip eh? You kids sure do have it easy. Well, enjoy it while you can. You'll have plenty of time to have actual hard work after you've become a hero." He handed her the paper. "Hopefully they don't keep you long. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the kitchen next." He laughed as he walked off and closed the door behind him.

"Sure, hard work." She looked at the slip and muttered, "Don't get your hopes up for tonight. I can't cook like mom."

---
She wasn't the first on the bus, though just by virtue of passing spider-boy she wouldn't last, but first she had to deal with this permission slip.

Rei looked around for the teacher and, not surprised in the least, found she wasn't there. However the principal was just outside the bus. Which gave her yet more reason to expect something other than a beach trip. Unless the weirdo just wanted to see some girls (boys?) in swimsuits. With a sigh that was more a growl she approached him.

"I don't see the teacher anywhere so here. You take this." She said as she pushed the permission slip towards the man.

"Excited for the field trip?"

"Thrilled. Can't you tell?" She responded dully. Speaking had been a mistake. She should have just handed it to him and left.

"You seem even more excited than I am."

"I'd hope you wouldn't be excited about this." She muttered. Rei waved her hand. "It's probably another dumb test in disguise anyway." She glanced back at the bus. Already eager to end this conversation. "I don't need to do anything but give that slip right?"

"That and get on the bus. Don't worry, I'm sure there is plenty of fun in store for you there."

Rei winced. "Don't have to be so weird about it..."

The next challenge was deciding where she should sit. There were many options but really that was the problem. With so many open spots it meant that if she took one who knew who'd she be stuck next to.

But there was only one space that wasn't fully open she could sit which was next to....Yeah, not gonna happen.

Rei decided to sit across from Ayane and the seat-thief. She supposed it was just her luck that he was sitting next to one of the few people in the class she sorta wanted to get to know. Still, he seemed the quiet loner type so maybe she could make due with ignoring him while trying to figure out what Ayane thought about idol work.

There was something nagging her as she saw the two interact and decided to chime in. "So, what, you two going for one of those 'extreme opposites attract' kind of couples?"

"No no no, we're not magnets. That sounds more like Yasha's kind of deal, doesn't it?"

Right. Rei forgot she was an idiot. "Not...not that kind of. I was just teasing about...oh forget it. I just don't know why you're bothering with him." She turned away as she said this and leaned her head back. This is why she didn't usually initiate.

"I wanted to ask about his Quirk," Ayane explained matter-of-factly. "As it turns out, he's not an animal lover. Or a beach lover." Or an anything lover, the more she thought about it. But maybe a fellow girl would understand Ayane's excitement to go on this field trip. "What about you? Excited for the beach?"

She really didn't care what Hakaro loved or didn't love. And why does everyone keep asking that? "Maybe if it was actually the right kind of weather for it I would be."

"Mmmm, I kind of agree. But whether the sky is blue or gray, it's still a trip to the beach!" Counting off the great things about the beach on her fingers, Ayane continued "A cloudy day doesn't mean we don't have the ocean, and food shacks, and surfing, and volleyball, and... sand... and whales! That one's important!"

Rei couldn't help but glance over at Hakaro. Did he think Akane sounded as ridiculous as Rei did? "I guess you'd know a lot about not bright things."

"What a stick in the mud," was all that Tsubasa said as Orikami left the class. With that out of the way, the students all had moved on from class to class, trying to breeze through the rest of the day. Sadly, school was one thing that seemed to always drag on for as long as it could to the cat girl. If there was one thing that Tsubasa took away from her first day of class it was the bruise that she had acquired from none other than Ruby Heart. The woman had laser precision and had managed to catch the cat girl at least twice in the same class with the same trick. But Tsubasa was determined. She had no interest in history class, and so she would learn to dodge the hero's attacks and get so good at it she could avoid it even in her sleep! 

"Nyahaha!" The girl laughed, out loud, to herself as she was leaving the school ground. Filled with determination to evade learning, the girl took out her phone, typing away at it. With the first day done, being both eventful and not at the same time the girl couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the week would be like.

The cat girl let out a disgruntled sigh as she made her way to the school grounds. Outside of their first day, Tsubasa had found the first week of school surprisingly and boringly normal. And then there was today. A trip. A school trip in the second week of school. One determined to bring her to her arch nemesis. The beach! There was nothing about the beach that Tsubasa had enjoyed, between both the sand and the water. As such, she had been looking for every way possible to get out of this school trip.

Unfortunately, her only other option was to stay at school and partake in a study hall. One where she would probably have to actually study and be watched over by someone else. Having to spend an entire day with any one of the demon teachers of UA was not something Tsubasa would have looked forward to either. The girl briefly considered just skipping school altogether and hanging out in the city for the day. Though, the last time she had done that, her mother boarded her window shut for a week, and Tsubasa couldn't imagine what the punishment this time would be. 

And so, begrudgingly, Tsubasa made her way onto the bus. Not really paying much mind to anyone outside of it, the girl walked onto the bus in which she grimaced yet once more. Right. The bus. An enemy that the cat girl was again, not so fond of. At least it wasn't a car. All the same, Tsubasa walked further towards the back of the bus, overhearing a conversation about someone else seeming to be thrilled about going to the beach only made Tsubasa's already annoyed mood even worse. Getting into in a seat, Tsubasa slid herself towards the window, looking outside as she let out some sort of combination between a "meow" and a groan.

When the morning of the school trip came, Hideyo's anxiety had set in rather quickly. His permission slip was already signed, and he had what he needed for the day, but nevertheless, he was riddled with an anxious fear. What if's flooded his mind, self doubt came over him, and suddenly, as he sat up in bed, he didn't want to go. He couldn't even bring himself to smile. He was already dreading the day. And at that moment, the brightest star in his life knocked on the door and entered his room.

"Good morning, sweetie. Ready for the class trip?" asked Juntei.

Hideyo couldn't stop himself from brimming with excitement. His anxiety settled, his stomach stopped churning, and his face lit up. He spun around in a flare of stars, then emerged in his school uniform. "Yes!" he said with gusto.

His mother laughed as she saw Hideyo perk up. "Breakfast is downstairs. Make sure you eat before you go."

Hideyo was already busy in the bathroom brushing his teeth. "Will do!"

Arriving almost dead last, Hideyo saw the school bus already half-full of students. Without hesitation, he entered the bus and greeted his classmates. "Good morning everyone!" he said happily. He made his way as far to the back of the bus as possible to the next available seat and pressed himself against the window. He would at least try to have fun.

Takehiko calmed down from his small attempt at rallying the other students, slumping as it didn't seem to have the intended effect. He gave a small sigh and scratched the back of his neck before starting to listen to Orikami, dutifully taking notes and keeping in mind what was expected of them.

Once they were given out  to  the rest of the classes meeting all of the heroes seemed to go by like a blur, easily absorbing information, and seeming to excel in mathematics once they got there. He thought he  was  getting along for the most part with all  of the teachers unless he was using his Pawns, although...  he didn't want to  say it but just being able to  use them made him rather enjoy the school regardless!

He took some time out of his days to try and hang out with Sun if he could  ever catch him before he went home, although he... often tried to be a bit secretive about inviting him places,  but had let the boy know he would always be welcome in his household should he wish. 

The first week seemed to fly by after that for Takehiko, constantly moving and working on  things before his parents noticed  a slip he had completely forgotten  to  take out of his jacket, "Oh! Yeah I uh,  may want to  get that  signed if I want to  go on this!" He grins a little as his dad took it and smirked, "Beach, eh? Hope ya got some cute gals in your class!" Takehiko let out a small sigh, "There's a couple but we're going to that school to focus on Hero Training, dad. I'm not going to belittle someone down to just how their body looks." His dad gave a snort, "Oh please, you and I both know you can think a girl is pretty and  think about them in that way without being... eeeeh how do I put it? Skeevy?" Takehiko shook his head, "Even then what if that damages what other pro's may think of me in the future? And besides, I know you're just trying to get me on your side to get pictures!" He sighs and shakes his head, fanning his hand over his glasses, his father's eyes lighting up in excitement, "That's my boy, pleeeeease? I'll teach you... the recipe." Takehiko glances up towards him, eye twitching a little, "I know what you're doing, and I don't like it. If I take any pictures with the girls they will be sensible. Now would you please just sign the form?" He sighs, watching as his own father pouted and went to sign the form, before his mother walked in! "Oh, a beach trip? Get plenty of pictures of the boys and girls for me!" Takehiko frowned and rubbed his temple slightly, "I wonder if there's a way I can stay out of this..." 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once the day of the trip came around, he noticed the bus was slowly filling once he managed to get there, "I need to get better about sleeping in..." He rubbed the back of his neck and gave a small stretch, glancing around before taking one of the second-row front seats.

"I wonder if that Diana girl is around, I might need some help making sure my dad isn't an idiot..." He flicked his glasses up, before pulling out a cloth and starting to wipe them, "Idiot is gonna get himself hurt if he tries to do something like that." He placed the glasses back on his face, waiting for Diana and flagging her down to sit next to him once she stepped on the bus.

"I understand if you're uncomfortable sitting with me, but I may require your aid in ascertaining the location of an individual who I shall refer to as an 'undesirable' in relation to this trip. He is a good man but mislead in the fact he asked me to attain photos of my own classmates and as such I believe is deserving of a light-hearted prank. I decided you'd be the best to talk to since you might be the most... well there's no polite way to say this, but, uncomfortable with your body?"

"...[Aaaaand] you need me why?"

"Because I need help keeping an eye out in case the idiot decides to try and show up. Especially if this becomes something dangerous from what you said I think I'd trust you to be the one to get him out so he's still alive when I give him an earful."

A lot had happened in the past few hours. A little too much for Emi to really handle. Turns out the whole robot T-Rex thing was a test. It was a little annoying to her that the teachers would throw them into the deep end like that so quickly, but it made sense. Kind of. Not much use arguing about it, really, if this is how one becomes a hero.

The rest of the day, and the week for that matter, was a blur. So much new information, so many new people, so much new… well, everything. It was a little overwhelming, but exciting nonetheless. All of the teachers seemed nice enough, and the first week left Emi excited for what was to come. History with Ruby Heart was a little dull, but after seeing the punishment for not laziness on other classmates, Emi made sure to pay attention while attempting to act interested in the lecture whenever the #5 Hero happened to shoot her a glance.

The week was soon over. "That wraps up class for today, students! It's been a great first week, hasn't it?! I hope that we continue to get closer as a class! I also want to thank you for being patient with me! I was never a good student, so being on the teaching end is really quite strange! Oh! And don't forget! Please have your parents or guardians sign your permission slip for our field trip to the beach! You won't be able to go, unless they say so! Get home safely, everyone!"

“Really? A field trip in the second week? Are they even teaching you over there?” Mr. Kikuchi skeptically scanned the permission slip, eyebrows furrowed.

“It’s just a little break, dad. Since we’ve all been working so hard.” He wasn’t convinced. “It’s the beach. I can practice using my Quirk there.” Emi coldly followed. Just as coldly, he responded. “Fine, I’m going to sign this. Make sure it doesn’t get in the way of your studies.” He quickly signed the paper and headed for his room, closing the door.

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Emi gleefully ran to her room, excited to start packing for the next day’s events. Throwing everything into her bag, she hopped into bed and went to sleep.

The next morning, Emi was halfway to the school, going through a mental checklist for the third time to make sure she had everything.
Sunscreen? Check.
Towel? Check.
Permission slip?
 ... Her heart sank. She didn’t remember putting the slip in her bag. Sure enough, after frantically rummaging through it, there was no paper. With a defeated sigh, she turned around and raced home.

By the time she grabbed the permission slip off her desk and made it to UA, most of the students were already on the bus. Emi ran onto the vehicle and threw herself into a random open seat. She tilted her head back, catching her breath.

Made it!

unknown.png

The following week of class was nothing to write home about, each seeming as unqualified as the last. One of them couldn't even be assed to show up on the first day of class! She noted that they seemed rather young to be teaching them. Still, it wasn't all bad - at least they were actually teaching them, even if they seemed to be better at teaching regular classes than actual herosim. However, any hopes that she had that things were looking up vanished when, at the end of the week, they were going to the beach.

For some reason.

She showed up on that Sunday, visibly annoyed. Truth be told, the slip they had given her was crumpled up somewhere in her backpack - she had planned to just pretend this whole thing didn't exist. What's the point of giving them permission slips if they were just going to give her father one anyways!? She almost considered not showing up anyway, but whatever was waiting for them at the beach was nothing to the nagging her father would have given her if he found out she skipped out. Crossing her arms, she entered the bus, scoffing as she passed by Glory.

Unfortunately for her, the back of the bus was already taken. Shame too, she was looking to sit by Hoth Topic again. She knew he wasn't going to talk; after all, despite being the person she sat next to the entire week he was somehow the person she knew the least about. Just the way she liked it.

She settled to sit next to Cat Girl. Nat didn't quite have a good read on the girl, which meant she wasn't going to talk too much. Plus, unlike most of these idiots, she seemed somehow more annoyed about the trip than she was. Tsubasa's face was planted on the window as Nat sat next to her, aggressive meowing and growling coming from her. "You seem excited." Natalia say with a hint of annoyance.

"Thrrrrilled," Tsubasa said, slightly muffled as her cheek was still pressed against the window. "I didn't think there was a place I could go worse than the classroom so soon here."

"Tell me about it." Nat replied, crossing her arms. "First the stupid test, and now this. What a joke."

"At least the test was in a city." The girl looked over to Nat, clearly distressed as she continued. "But this is the beach! It's nothing but sand! Do you know how hard it is to run in sand? You can't climb sandcastles either."

Nat shook her head. "I was talking more about it being a waste of time and resources." She rolled her eyes, glancing over to the cat girl. "But I guess the sand thing is annoying too. Not like it matters. This whole thing is probably just another pop quiz."

"Ehhhh, really? That sucks." Tsubasa slumped further into her seat, placing both of her feet on the seat in front of her. "Let's hope it has nothing to do with whales."

Whales?

The week was nice for Diana. Sure, she had no one to go home to, but school was fun. No one seemed to really care about her eye, and most of the class seemed pleasant. There was a weird feeling someone was staring at her sometimes, but she wrote it off as her paranoia.

All that said, the beach trip was not something she was looking forward to. Stupid sand. Stupid salt water. Stupid exposed skin. She got the slip signed so she could hang out with the class, but what could she even do? Cause she sure wasn't going to swim. As she got onto the bus, she saw Takehiko waving her down, beckoning for her to sit with him.

"[Hey], what's up?"

"I understand if you're uncomfortable sitting with me, but I may require your aid in ascertaining the location of an individual who I shall refer to as an 'undesirable' in relation to this trip. He is a good man but mislead in the fact he asked me to attain photos of my own classmates and as such I believe is deserving of a light-hearted prank. I decided you'd be the best to talk to since you might be the most... well there's no polite way to say this, but, uncomfortable with your body?"

"...[Aaaaand] you need me why?". 

"Because I need help keeping an eye out in case the idiot decides to try and show up. Especially if this becomes something dangerous from what you said I think I'd trust you to be the one to get him out so he's still alive when I give him an earful."

"[I see...]" Diana muttered. She expected he was treating her like a general brute, but this was... not as bad as expected. "I guess I don't plan on swimming, anyway, so I guess I can look out."

She leaned back into her seat with a sigh. It was a decent excuse, but still, that just put her on edge for what seemed like a nice field trip. At least she'd be ready if an other signs of trouble showed, as well. And hey, maybe that would make it easier for the others to enjoy.

"[Excuse me!] I'm sorry for yelling, but I wanted to get everyone's attention... I really don't know if this was right, wrong, or whatever, but I CAN say that my actions come from a life-threatening situation. I've been in one before... [Oh God, here goes nothing…]"

Ren looked up from his notebook, roused from his brooding by his rival’s shouting. His first instinct was to angrily dismiss whatever she was about to do as the boisterous antics of a typical American, but when she revealed a large scar across her right eye, he felt compelled to look and listen.

"In... a life or death situation, you have to [make a move]. Er, just do what has to be done. It's not the time for thinking it through, it's the time for action. Thinking can just make things worse. It probably is a little too far to have us think a glitch like that would happen, but I think it was good practice. And I am [humbled] to receive praise for just letting my limbs carry me."

Ren’s indignation was quickly replaced with begrudging respect for his rival. Not only was her Quirk powerful, but she had experience using it in a situation with real danger, perhaps multiple times. Even if his Quirk was similar, he would need to work harder to make up the difference. Unclenching his fists, Ren took a deep breath, clearing his thoughts of his future redemption and focusing on the next class.
---
While their first day at the academy was perilous, at the end of the day, hero school was still school, complete with classes, tests and classmates to contend with. Ren applied himself wholeheartedly to his studies, working feverishly on his assigned readings so that there was time in the evening to prepare for the sports festival. The only time he paused during the day was during lunch time, using the rare gap in his schedule to calm his busy mind and practice his breathing techniques with some yoga practice. It was during these rooftop meditations where he made a friend.

Omuro Yumi, the student who had ultimately finished off the Thunderjaw, had been spending her lunch time on the roof as well. While at first she had been a silent observer at first, content to simply share the space, Ren was pleasantly surprised when she asked him if she could join for a session. For as long as he had started practicing, yoga had been a solitary activity for him, learning the movements off of the Internet. However, despite only leading her in practice once, he found himself looking forward to the next time she would join him.

As Friday drew to a close, he was surprised to find that there was a field trip the following Monday. It was rather unusual to have a trip so soon after classes had started, but learning about the history of heroics from one of the top 10 heroes was just as unusual. However, in Ren’s mind, even a day at the beach could have opportunities to improve himself and even see how his fellow classmates were outside of the classroom.

Arriving home late at night after spending the evening at the school pool, he saw his mother sitting at the dining room table from across the foyer, tapping away at her phone. Clutching the permission slip in his hand, Ren slowly approached her with a token attempt at a smile.

“Tadaima!”

Hearing no response from his mother, he walked into the dining room, seeing that two set meals had been prepared at the table. Feeling his stomach grumbling, Ren put down his bags and took a seat at the table.

“Thank you for dinner mom! Itadakimasu!”

As he started to eat, he noticed that the meal had gone quite cold, with even the miso soup cooling to room temperature. As he ate the cold rice and fish, he noticed that his mom had stopped whatever she was doing on her phone and was silently staring at the empty space on her side of the table. Swallowing nervously, Ren hazarded to speak again.

“Dad is working late tonight?”

“Of course he is...Last minute calls with a European client, so he says.”

Unsure how to respond to his mother’s icy remarks, he simply returned to his meal, trying to finish it off as quickly as he could.

“Ren...You’re coming home late now as well…”

“Sorry mom, I have to get ready for the sports festival and I forgot to call you after class.”

His reply was met with an icy silence. Hoping to change the subject, Ren took the permission slip and handed it to her.

“The class is going on a field trip and I would like to go. Would you be able to sign it?”

Ren recoiled as his mother suddenly burst out of her seat, sending her chair crashing into the marble floor.

“Go ask your father, since the both of you are doing things on your own anyways.”

Without another word, his mother stormed out and up the grand staircase. Letting out the breath that was frozen in his lungs with a sign, Ren finished the rest of his meal in silence.

“Gouchisou sama deshita.”
---
Monday had arrived in what felt like a blink of an eye. Handing the digitally signed copy of the permission slip, Ren entered the bus, where several of his classmates had already taken seats. While he was relieved that his father was able to sign the slip, the simple response of “Approved” in the return email implied that he had signed it like any other work document. Did he consider his son’s life just another project?

As Ren looked for an empty seat, he spotted Yumi sitting near the back, reading a book and surrounded by unoccupied seats. As he passed by Yasha, he could not help but feel that the boy was avoiding his gaze in a quiet desperation, the complete opposite to his buzzing excitement just a moment ago that shook the entire bus. Unsure how to really react to this strange reaction, he just gave a polite wave to him and Ben as he made his way to the back of the bus. Reaching his seat, Ren gave a friendly wave to Yumi as he placed his bag onto the seat.

“Good morning Omuro-san! Will you be swimming today?

"I'm afraid not," Yumi replied, holding up a hand and charging up electricity around it, "If my body gets wet, I can have trouble using my Quirk."

Before she built up too much charge to release it safely, she opened the window next to her, stuck her hand out, and fired the little bolt onto the ground next to the bus.

“Ah, I can see how that can be a problem,” Ren replied as he looked the smoking pockmark in the concrete where the bolt had landed with .

"I was hoping to bask in the sunlight or something, but it looks like that won't happen either. What about you?"

“I was planning on swimming, but if the weather gets any worse, I might join everyone else on the shore. It’s a shame, I was looking forward to swimming in water without chlorine.”

"It doesn't seem like a cloudy day will stop some of the other students in this class." Even if it was only brief, Yumi cast a glance over in the direction of Ayane. Ren followed Yumi's glance to Ayane, who was busy talking Hakaro's ear off. She probably wasn't the best example to learn from for making good choices, though.

"Either way, it shouldn't end up raining while we're out. I took a look at the forecast this morning before leaving home. This should be about as bad as it gets today."

“Well, I hope they're right. It'd be a shame for everyone to make a fuss about going to the beach, only to have something like rain ruin the whole thing. Here's hoping for a normal day at the beach.”

"Here's hoping for a normal day where we can kick back and relax some."

hakaro.png

Hakaro gritted his teeth as the day one flunky implied he could be dating the Loudmouth herself, stuffing his hands in his pockets to conceal the budding flames at his fingertips as his emotions swelled. Luckily, before things could get out of hand, their teacher finally managed to arrive.

It wasn't long before an awfully put together Epicenter had made her way onto the bus. Her hair was tied in a messy ponytail, and she barely had any makeup on. Not to mention that she managed to leave a couple of her blouse's buttons open.  

"Good morning everyone!  I'm glad you all made it! Who's ready for some fun memories at the beach today!?" She threw a hand in the air. Her chest bobbed up and down frantically, as she tried to catch her breath. "Let's get going then!"

Clenching his eyes shut, Hakaro slowly breathed through his nose as the lazy-looking principal made his way on board and the bus took off.

inu.jpg

In the back seat, Sasaki Inu cracked the window open, using the tip of his finger to light a cigarette as stealthily as he could. Leaning down behind the seat ahead of him, Inu took a slow drag from it, feeling the smoke fill his lungs and revitalize him. Even though he had already smoked one on the way to the bus, these things always felt good.

Wait, shit, is that the nicotine?

As if it were an intervention against Inu's potential substance abuse problem, a tiny spear made of hard light zigzagged down the center aisle of the bus, before making a sharp turn beside Inu and skewering his cigarette, pulling it from his mouth. A dot of hard light on its tip extinguished it, before the cigarette was tossed out the window. On the back of the seat, right in front of Inu's face, appeared words seemingly written in glowing gold.

AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE OFF THE BUS

sun.jpg

Somehow, unbeknownst to everyone riding the bus, Sun was clinging to the top of it. As the wind blew his hair back and his cheeks filled with air, he felt pure bliss, allowing his tongue to hang out the side of his mouth.

bro.png

It wasn't long before the bus had parked at the beach, though the hill between the lot and the waterfront prevented the ocean itself from being visible from where they all were. With a cheer and a grin, Epicenter stepped out of the bus to greet their host for the trip, the Tidepool Hero - Anemonesan. After a few seconds for everyone to file out, and for Sun to jump off of the roof, she gestured toward the youths.

"Oh! Ms. Anemonesan! This is my class!" She bowed towards the Tidepool Hero. "We are in your care for the day! Would you mind listing off the day's activities?" A sneaky grin was turned away from the brood.

With a warm smile, the pro hero returned the bow. "Welcome, everyone! I'm so glad to be able to help teach you all about what it's like to have a career in heroics!" Each word was like a musical note as she joyfully led the group up to the crest of the hill. "While I'm sure you all are eager to fight off some villains, there is actually a lot more to the job!"

As they reached the top of the hill, the group was hit with the fresh scent of garbage, the beach now revealed to be in absolute disrepair, seemingly having been used as a dumping site for people who didn't want to pay to have their trash properly handled. "All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife…" Anemonesan's face turned somber as she looked out over the mess, before returning to its cheery default, "But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem!" Even though she was assigning everyone to garbage cleanup, her bubbly personality made it seem like it was almost a blessing. "Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!

"Oh! And before I forget!" Anemonesan extended an arm outward, her tentacle fingers stretching and reshaping to gently corral a certain Konpaku Rei and a certain Yokuna Yasha toward her as the students dispersed toward the beach. "Now, I was told beforehand that the two of you failed in an exam on your first day, so I should save an extra-difficult job for you. Don't worry, I understand how much pressure a school like this can be, so I found a really special task that the two of you can do together." Using her free hand, she pointed over toward another nearby hill, "Now, right over that way you will find the end of a storm drain. Ordinarily, only rain water would come from it, but due to people throwing their trash where they shouldn't, the garbage buildup at that point is especially bad." Retracting both arms back to her, she gave each of the two a little pat on the head, "Go ahead and get to work now, I'm sure a task like this will help you two to bond, and then together with your new blossoming friendship, I'm sure you guys will ace the next test they throw at you!"

Edited by (✧△✧)

Shining Star

As Hideyo stepped off the bus, he stretched his arms up and smiled at the sky. The class was greeted by Tidepool Hero - Anemonesan! She was the keeper of peace for most things aquatic related. With expanding and contracting tentacles, she was able to wrap things up neatly. And today, she presented the hero class with a unique problem that required a hero's touch.

The beach was littered with garbage, depriving of its usual serene presentation. This affected wildlife too, and was just a poor sight to see.  And so, it was up to the students of U.A to free the beach of its polluted prison and restore it to its natural beauty. This assignment, Hideyo decided quickly, would be perfect for him. It was his time to shine. With his signature, blurring spin, Hideyo was suddenly undressed!

Good thing he was wearing a pair of swim trunks beneath his uniform! Hands on his hips and his chest out, he was now prepared to fully immerse himself on the beach and be rid of the trash! He began humming to himself as he picked up a black garbage bag and a picker and walked down the beach, grabbing garbage every step of the way.

Edited by Comrade Duck

After the initial conversation between himself and Yasha, Benjamin returned to watching his livestream for the reveal of that gaming computer. Luckily, he hadn't missed too much, just the opening statements. But he finally got to get some closure on how this PC was going to work and how much it was going to cost...yeah, he wanted to get his hand on this new piece of technology, but nooooooot for the price he was wanting. After all, at this moment he was but a high school student with aspirations of being a Hero...which meant no money in the pocket at the moment.

Alas, this would mean he'd just have to upgrade his own to a much higher degree...not too hard of a problem. Eventually, the bus came to a halt...finally arriving at the destination. And as one would've probably suspected, there was definitely more to this trip than one would've immediately thought.

"All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife…But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem! Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!

This sounds about right... Benjamin thought, shaking his head slightly with a smirk. He leaned over towards Yasha and whispered to his classmate. "Sounds like that wish you were expecting when arriving here isn't gonna happen." He gently gave a few pats to Yasha, before seeing Anemonesan pulling both Rei and Yasha in for a moment. He figured it was due to those two not doing real great in that training a week earlier. Benjamin shrugged, only giving the guy a small wave and salute, before moving with the rest of the class.

The general sight of the beach was sort of...messed up. How people could even think about leaving a beautiful area like this as dirty and trashy as a dump was beyond him. However, something did come to mind almost immediately. He took a spot on the beach, and had his spiders making a webbed area. He gave a slight wave and whistle, before pointing at the area he prepped with the webbing. "Hey guys! A heads up, if you find anything electronic...batteries and such...I marked a spot over here to have you guys put it. Rather than just throwing that stuff away, could gather them and properly dispose of them." he said, letting that be known to the rest of the class, before grabbing a bag and a trash grabber, before whistling at his spiders to come and help. The spiders wouldn't do much...but this was an all hands on deck situation, so of course...all eight-legs were definitely needed for this job.

Yasha swallowed his abject disappointment and resigned himself to a sigh. Obviously he didn't mind being paired up with Konpaku, but the fact that he was still taking crap for that farse of an exam on the first day was exhausting. That and Epicenter seemed dedicated to blindsiding her students with frightening consistency--  the surprise test on the first day, and now baiting them into a "field trip" that turned out to be trash cleanup. He'd have come to do community service if they'd told him what it was, but the fact that they let them think it was actually a beach trip was downright cruel.

My hopes... my dreams... washed away like writing in the sand...

He straightened up. Whining was pointless-- it was going to take a lot of hard work to clean this beach, and his Quirk wasn't going to be much help: which meant they had to get started right away.

"Understood, ma'am. We'll get this done quickly and thoroughly." He bowed, then began making his way over to where the storm drain was without waiting for Konpaku.

Rei couldn't say she was surprised that the teacher had arrived late and in such a state. Honestly the surprising part was she didn't cause the bus to tip over with her Quirk. Maybe she was trying to keep it together since the principal was right there.

The bus ride was filled with her overhearing people excited about the trip and chatting about something boring probably. She didn't really know for sure as for most of the trip she was listening to music. Though she put it away as they approached their destination in case the heroes decided that it was a problem.

Her suspicions of this being another test were increased when they met up with yet another hero. Why else would they need three of them for a simple trip to the beach?

"While I'm sure you all are eager to fight off some villains, there is actually a lot more to the job!"

"You mean to tell me this isn't just a regular beach trip? I'm shocked, shocked!" Rei said with a sigh as the class followed along behind the hero.

When she saw the state of the beach she winced. How people could be so lazy and gross was...actually, she wasn't all THAT surprised. She had been to idol events before after all and she saw the kind of...people there were in this wide world of theirs.

"But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem!"

Oh, really? This was the first Rei heard about it. All she ever was told about heroes were how 'cool' they were and how they fought against villains. Maybe rescued people from a burning building along the way. She couldn't really imagine her dad doing something like this. Especially not with how much he complained about work. "Shouldn't be too bad." Rei said. Sometimes she'd go for walks in parks and when she did she'd pick up litter along the way. This was kinda like that only...a larger scale. She actually seemed somewhat relieved it was something like this and any looking could see traces of a small smile on her face.

"Now, I was told beforehand that the two of you failed in an exam on your first day, so I should save an extra-difficult job for you. Don't worry, I understand how much pressure a school like this can be, so I found a really special task that the two of you can do together."

"Not like I'm worried about failing a failure of a test anyway." Rei shrugged when hearing the task ahead of them. "Is that all? This is stuff people should be doing anyway. Everyone really relies on heroes way too much."

"Understood, ma'am. We'll get this done quickly and thoroughly."

She followed behind after Yasha. Grabbing some bags and gloves. Though she didn't imagine she was going to be picking up much by hand anyway. "Hey, uh, chainsaw, slow down." She said as they approached the drain. True to the hero's words the garbage build up was rather terrible here. She wrinkled her nose at the smell. Maybe she should have grabbed something to plug her nose? Oh well, she was here already.

"Move over there a bit." Rei told Yasha. "Thankfully the ghost is an environmentalist." She said with a dull tone. She extended her invisible arms and stretched the 'hands' on them enough to act as scoops and began to scrape it along the ground to pick up bunches of garbage to bring back into the bag she held open. She couldn't really feel with these arms to any high level but she still could sense the general shape and the clear...squishiness of the trash grossed her out. Still, it was much better than touching it directly.

As she removed the top layer of trash she noticed there was sludge sticking to the drain still. "Chainsaw, you happen to be able to turn into a power scrubber?" She asked, nodding at the caked on sludge.

ayane2.png

The excitement - at least on Ayane's part - was all but palpable as the bus rolled up and came to a stop. It's time! To go! To! The beach! The students filed out of the bus, and were met with a pro hero called Anemonesan. Apparently she was here to help with the field trip? Ayane's beaming face slowly lost the vast majority of its vigor as Anemonesan explained what exactly everyone was doing here.

"All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife… But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem! Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!"

Trash cleanup!? More than anyone else, Yasha seemed dismayed at the sudden turn of events. Him and Rei had to go clean up a yucky old storm drain over yonder. She felt kind of bad for them. But worrying about those two wouldn't get this beach clean, now would it? If only she'd brought her gear with her to the beach, this would be a piece of cake. But fearing for the well-being of the shiny new amp U.A. had so kindly paid for, Ayane had left it and her instruments back in her room instead. She didn't want sand to get all up in it, after all! This was where she found herself in a bit of a pinch, though. She absolutely wanted to help clean the beach - and fully intended to do it as fast as she could - but the problem was a bit more personal than that.

Under the otherwise-unassuming hoodie and skirt Ayane had worn out for this trip, was her swimsuit. And she'd really gone out of her way to find and pick out one she liked. The problem that came of all this was, was she really about to let the sorry state of this beach stop her from showing it off anyway?

Of course not! I am Ayane Ukemei, and the garbage on this beach should fear me!

"Hey guys! A heads up, if you find anything electronic...batteries and such...I marked a spot over here to have you guys put it. Rather than just throwing that stuff away, could gather them and properly dispose of them."

"You got it! Now then..." Ayane grabbed at the zipper of her hoodie, and took a deep breath. With one swift motion that looked like she'd been practicing it over the weekend, she removed both it and the skirt from her person, tossing them up into the bus window onto her seat and revealing the swimsuit underneath. Equipping herself with a pair of gloves and a trash bag, plus a few extras holstered in her swimsuit, the girl boldly said "Let's get this done quick and thorough, everyone, so we have time to play afterwards! GO!" The call to arms was punctuated by the word "go" briefly forming from hard sound above her head as Ayane charged down the hill, scooping up trash by the handfuls and tossing it into the bag, starting at the edge so she wouldn't have to wade through potentially toxic garbage.

Even in conversations, the only time Ayane stopped in her warpath against the waste dumped here was to tie off a bag once it was full, after which point she immediately grabbed one from her swimsuit, opened it up, and went back to work. Any electronic objects she found - rather than being jammed into a bag with the rest, was put into a different bag. Ben asked nicely, after all. Just you watch, pro heroes. I'll get this place squeaky-clean and then have a blast playing on the beach!

yumi.png

"All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife… But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem! Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!"

Yeah... that checks out. While some small part of her was hoping for an actual beach trip, most of Yumi figured there was probably some sort of strings attached. And these weren't even strings her Quirk would help with. Someone like Rei had it much easier with this job. With enough time and training, I wonder if she'd be able to do a job like this all by herself without breaking a sweat one day. That was irrelevant to Yumi's plea. She opted to not pay much mind to Ukemei's vigor for cleanup duty of all things, grabbing a trash bag, some gloves, and a trash picker. While she would have preferred to not do this job, Anemonesan was right. There was a lot more to hero work than just beating up the bad guys. And it wasn't like she was fighting a giant mechanized dinosaur again.

And so, she started picking at the trash, scooping it up and into her bag. This would be much easier if she could just charge up and blast it all into oblivion, but that would probably have some unforeseen consequences. Both for the air and for the water if her bolt pierced through the trash and hit that too. Sounded a bit too risky to be worth it.

Edited by yui

2avvIQl.jpg

After a rather uneventful busride, the class finally made it to the beach where they'd be spending their field trip!  Kio stepped off the bus, only to be greeted by a strange, sea-creature looking hero.  Their teacher introduced them as Anemonesan, a hero Kio wasn't too familiar with.  Although, he did remember the name from a newspaper headline from a couple years back.  It was good to put a name to the face.  

"Welcome, everyone! I'm so glad to be able to help teach you all about what it's like to have a career in heroics!  While I'm sure you all are eager to fight off some villains, there is actually a lot more to the job!"

This was only a natural assumption.  Heroes were more like Public Service providers more than anything, even if most of the time it was a more violent service.  Kio nodded his head intently, and continued to listen, following Anemonesan as they hiked over sandy hills.  After one particular crest, an all too familiar stench bombarded his nostrils.  Garbage.  And there looked to be a ton of it scattered across the beach.

"All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife…But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem!Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!"  Kio, after a brief moment of thought, did just that.  He put on his gloves, and grabbed a trash bag as he made his way to the beach.  

"Oh! And before I forget!"  Kio stopped in his tracks, turning to Anemonesan, who in turn had turned towards the rejects of the last test.  "Now, I was told beforehand that the two of you failed in an exam on your first day, so I should save an extra-difficult job for you. Don't worry, I understand how much pressure a school like this can be, so I found a really special task that the two of you can do together.  Now, right over that way you will find the end of a storm drain. Ordinarily, only rain water would come from it, but due to people throwing their trash where they shouldn't, the garbage buildup at that point is especially bad.  Go ahead and get to work now, I'm sure a task like this will help you two to bond, and then together with your new blossoming friendship, I'm sure you guys will ace the next test they throw at you!"

Kio ran up to Anemonesan, after hearing about the especially trashed beachfront.

"No fair!  You're giving them harder work!?  I want in on it!"  

"Oh, are you nervous to work with everyone else? I know I was really shy back in school too. How about you figure out a task juuuuust for you? I'm sure you'll do a great job!"

"Nervous!?"  Kio looked back towards the other classmates and laughed.  "As if!  I'm pretty good in these types of situations.  I just wanted to see what kind of harder thing those two get to do!"  Kio swung the empty trash bag over his shoulder, and continued to where his classmates were starting to pickup trash.  "I'll make it my mission to pick up one-thousand pieces of garbage before the day is through!"  Looking towards Ayane, it seemed the girl was on a trash picking rampage.  "I won't be outdone!"  He proclaimed, mimicking her exact motions as he slid down the hill of trash, opting to shovel heaps of garbage into his lone bag with his arms.  He scanned the area as he went along, making sure to call out if he saw any sharp or pointy objects.  "Careful everyone, there could be needles and blades hiding out here!"  

As the bus made its way to the beach, Ren did what he could to start his warmup stretches from the confines of his seat. A day of swimming at the beach was a welcome change of pace from a chlorinated pool, he would not let a simple thing like a cramp ruin his day at the beach. However, he soon discovered it was more than a simple thing that would keep him from his swim in the sea.

Upon arriving, the class was greeted by Anemonesan, yet another hero turned teacher. Initially, Ren was a little confused why the class needed yet another chaperone for a simple trip to the beach.

"Welcome, everyone! I'm so glad to be able to help teach you all about what it's like to have a career in heroics! While I'm sure you all are eager to fight off some villains, there is actually a lot more to the job!"

As the class was led over the grassy hill, Ren was shocked by the vast swathes of sandy paradise defiled by heaps of trash, junk and filth. Abandoned bottles, soda cans and last week’s newspapers were tossed and soaked by the sickly brown surf, coating the mass in a foul smelling sea foam. Clearly the whole coastline was no condition for lounging, let alone swimming.

"All this garbage here on the beach is poisoning the ocean, and harming the wildlife… But that's where we come in! The job of a hero is to make the world a better place, so today you all get to be heroes to this little ecosystem! Remember, this all can be quite toxic, so put on some of the gloves we have provided here if your quirk won't protect you from these things! Have fun everyone~!!!”

Ren’s confusion and indignation soon gave way to righteous anger and disgust. How could his fellow countrymen have so little care for their own natural treasures? His feelings only grew as some of his classmates rose to the sudden challenge with a champion's enthusiasm.

"Let's get this done quick and thorough, everyone, so we have time to play afterwards! GO!"

"I'll make it my mission to pick up one-thousand pieces of garbage before the day is through! I won't be outdone!"

“I won’t let my country be turned into a landfill! I won’t stop until I pick up ten thousand pieces of trash!” Ren proclaimed as he took several trashbags, a pair of gloves, a mask, and a broom. Slipping out of his casual clothes revealing his swimsuit, he charged into the beach with his equipment in hand. Stepping onto the sand, Ren took a deep breath of the fouled air as he surveyed the situation. Benjamin had woven a basket from spider silk to hold electronics, Ayane and Kio had begun picking up garbage manually with gusto, while Yumi took a more careful approach. If he was not to be outdone, he would need to employ some of his unique talents.

“Time to live up to my hero name!” Ren thought as he brandished the broom like a monk’s staff. Moving down the surf into an unpopulated part of the beach, he began spinning the broom above his head, channelling his qi through his upper body as he built up momentum. At the right moment, Ren transferred his qi into the broom in the form of kinetic energy, then swept the broom into the ground with a shout, sending a blast of wind along the shore. As the wind shot down the beach, it kicked up a massive cloud of dust, carrying the litter with it. Once the dust settled, the trash had heaped itself in a pile, leaving only clean sand in the cloud’s wake. Confronting the mountain of trash he had created, he put on his gloves and opened a garbage bag.

“Ok, let’s do this!”

Yasha was filling his bag with his bare hands, looking thoroughly disgusted despite his lack of expressive features. But when Konpaku asked, he turned to look and cringed visibly. "You know these are my hands, right? That's like asking me to scrape it off with my fingernails." He shuddered. "Besides, I don't know how to do a power scrubber-- I can only create certain tools if I know how they work."

Yasha had to admit he was out of his comfort zone-- cleaning up wasn't an angle of hero work he considered. Sure, maybe digging or cutting through urban rubble to save trapped civilians. He'd learned how to make a power-hose to deal with fires, but he didn't come up with anything to clean stuff with.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" He clanked a hand to his forehead. "I'm stupid!"

Clasping his wrists, the two transformed into a singular implement-- a large tank, an intake hose, and a long nozzle. "I can use this!" He made to grab the intake hose, forgetting he had no hands now. He looked up at Konpaku.

"I hate to be the "a little help?" guy, but... a little help?" he asked, sheepishly.

Edited by ChampionZero

When Rei looked over at Yasha to get his response she couldn't believe her eyes. The boy was scooping up the sludgy trash with his hands. His actual hands. She cringed as she watched him and wondered why he was bothering when she was doing it just fine herself.

His answer to her suggestion was...well, disappointing. And she was inclined to agree with him when he declared himself stupid.

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed I take it." She said, inwardly pleased at her word choice. The girl glanced down at the hose he was presenting her with. "Yeah I guess that makes sense..." She said. So she just had to grab this and take it to the beach and he could get spraying right?

As she reached out to take it with her hand she hesitated. Suddenly what Yasha said before came to mind again. "You know these are my hands, right?"

She stopped reaching and flushed at the realization. "What's the big idea? Listen if you want a girl to hold your hand you have to at least NOT have just used it to pick up trash, blergh." She gave it some thought and then, "I don't want you to get the wrong idea so, here, some spectral assistance is in order." She then grabbed it with one of her invisiarms and dragged it along the beach to stick it into the water as far from the trash as she could reasonably stick it.

"Also while I'm explaining basic things to you. Everyone has things they're suited for. As you can see I can pick the garbage up much easier than you. While you can...well, do this. Next time think about who can do what before you make yourself look dumb. Well, dumber."

Holding the hose in the water left Rei with just one invisiarm but that was enough to scoop up more of the trash to get down to the caked on gunk that she wanted Yasha to spray. "Alright, now you're up...actually, hold on."

She moved around to the other side of Yasha. Putting him between her and the garbage. "If you splash me with any of that I'll kill you, got it?"

hakaro.png

"While I'm sure you all are eager to fight off some villains, there is actually a lot more to the job!"

Though Hakaro knew that, it wasn't particularly something he was prepared to face. He also knew that being a hero had a lot to do with public appearances, but luckily for him it seemed he wouldn't have to be practicing that right now. Simply thinking of what it will be like to rehearse canned lines in front of everyone filled him with dread. It started as a pit in his stomach, like he had swallowed a shotput, but quickly he felt the sensation spread up his sternum and down his arms, igniting his hands in his quirk's signature, subtle flame.

There, that should do the trick.

Looking around among the group of students, he noticed the long red haired girl, not to be confused with the short haired girl with red highlights. In fact, the latter was already busting her ass in a swimsuit pulled right from a cartoon, along with some of the other equally eager classmates. Anyway, back to the useful one.

"Hey, ahh, Kemuri." His voice felt gravelly, this was the first he had spoken since his interrogation by Ukemei. "Wanna hold a trash bag? My hands are busy." Lifting one of his hands, he performed the double duty of a lazy wave and a demonstration that his quirk was active.

“Oh?” Natalia said, tilting her head towards Hakaro. She still wasn’t sold on why heroes had to do work like this; it felt like a job anyone could do, and was upset that this was their field trip. Still, if she didn’t do anything she would probably get in trouble. Or worse - get scolded by her dad. Reluctantly, she made her way towards the boy. “Yeah. Sure. Let’s get this over with.” She grabbed the bag, holding it open.

Hakaro clenched both of his fists, as a swarm of glowing blue crabs rose up from under the sand. Each of them grabbed a small piece of trash and marched them on toward the bag, throwing their parcels in one by one. "Turns out, my quirk is pretty good for this mundane stuff."

“Sure is.” She said dryly, rolling her eyes. “Still not sure why we’re the ones doing this. There’s probably a robbery happening somewhere right now, and instead of helping we’re making ghost crabs pick up garbage.”

His eyes lit up as a hint of a grin showed on his face. "Maybe villains will attack and we can deal with them." He slowly cracked his knuckles as his tiny servants did the brunt of the labor, "you know, the Number One Hero's class was attacked by villains when they were on their first field trip. He said in his book that he managed to blow one of their arms clean off." He looked off into the horizon, ignoring the task altogether as his spirit crabs began tripping over each other, "That shit right there is why I'm at this school. To take the fight to the enemy."

“Hey, let’s dial back the creep factor, fanboy.” She said with a scoff, raising one of her eyebrows. “Still, there’s no way we’re getting attacked. Unlike Kashyyyk, we’re on some dumpy beach.” She turned to look at the crabs below. “Your crabs are messing up.”

"Hey, Kashyyyk wasn't always a pretty park, it used to be a dump of a town. I wouldn't rule it out. And then whoever attacks us can be a famous hero a decade from now." As he looked back toward his little ghosts, they got back in line and resumed cleanup.

It didn't take long for Tsubasa to realize that there was something wrong with the beach that they were at. Outside of being a place of coarse sand and disgusting water; those were just things generally wrong with beaches. No. There was a distinct smell that Tsubasa was able to pick up on as they made their way to the coast. A smell that was generally unpleasant to her nose and one that she couldn't quite make out what exactly it was. As it came in to view though, it became clear to both her eyes and nose what this smell belonged to. As the trash had been now in full view Tsubasa doubled over, gagging as she pinched her nose closed as her only means to defender herself against the assault on her sense. The cat girl groaned through out all of the teacher's lecturing about what they were supposed to do, though she got the general gist of it. Their opponent for today was none other than the trash itself. 

Tsubasa had been rather slow in getting the gloves on her hands. She had needed both hands to put them on and that simply left her nose undefended against the unbearable force of trash mountain. For better or worse, as time as went on and the others had rushed towards the garbage her nose had slowly become acclimated to it. It was still by no means pleasant but wasn't quite as nauseating as her first experience with it. Grabbing a stick with a sharp point on the end of it, Tsubasa unenthusiatically and slowly made her way to start stabbing into loose scraps of trash. It didn't take long, however, for this to get rather stale. And not one to hide her feelings, Tsubasa simply groaned out loud saying, "this is sooo boring." 

As the girl stabbed a loose soda can she looked towards it, pondering something. Looking around, seeing a trash bin near her, the girl placed the soda can back on the ground and off her stick. Then, stabbing into it again, lighter this time, the girl flicked the stick upward and sent the soda can into the air. As the soda can came back down, Tsubasa brought up her leg and kicked at it. As her foot hit it the soda can was sent towards the trash bin, hitting the rim and bouncing off. Groaning, the girl said, "so close." However, with renewed vigor Tsubasa walked over and picked the can up and tossed it in normally. The girl continued this process, finding more objects she could kick into the trash bin - with varying degrees of success - before she looked over to see someone else nearby. "Heeey, Omurice! You look bored, so, how about" The girl called out to Yumi. With a smile on her face, the girl lightly stabbed at a soda can on the ground. Demonstrating what she had been doing all this time, now successfully kicking the can into the trash bin she said, "so, come on. Want to try it out? You got long legs so I'm sure you can get some good kicking distance with them." 

After placing the webbing marks at one specific location for the electronic based items on the beach that would be found, Benjamin was already working on a small area of the beach, a few spiders just hitching a ride on his shoulder as he twirled his trash grabber in his right hand some. He had one headphone in his ear while the other hung down at his side, of course, jamming to at least a few songs he had going on his phone.

"...and you'll be left in the dust, unless I stuck by ya...you're a sunflower, I think your love would be too much..." he muttered to himself, keeping in time with the song. Honestly, Benjamin was just having himself a good time right now. Sure he was working on cleaning this beach instead of just enjoying the day and trying to have a beach party, but at the same time, he just enjoying himself. One thing he was taught by his father was to love and enjoy the work you do, because if you don't, it'll just become monotonous...and that's why so many people actually just hate their own occupations.

Sure, being a Hero was something everyone was striving for and trying to be, but in his manner...he was going to enjoy himself the whole time. And if that meant make a fool of himself singing and doing small dance numbers as he walked and collected trash...so be it!

Benjamin soon gave a bit of a whistle to the spiders on his shoulder, as they immediately crawled off his shoulder, down his arm and onto the ground just to grab a few pieces of small bubblegum wrappers and cigarette butts. "There we go guys, every little bit helps!" he chuckled, having them file one by one into the trash bag to drop their respective pieces of trash into it, before returning to their position on top of his shoulder. "Alright, let's move on."

About this time is when his eyes met what could only be described as a trash mountain...and at this point, Benjamin could only whistle in amazement, while the spiders on his shoulders could be seen using their front legs as if they were hands, making a clapping motion. And the classmate responsible for this? None other than Ren Sanada. This one's Quirk was...well, something he wasn't 100% sure how it worked. Oh of course he explained it, but it didn't exactly click with him on a mechanical level. Store and control energy? It just sounded...weird to him. Regardless, it was obvious that Ren was in need of some assistance...maybe...

"Hey!" Benjamin made himself known to the bubblegum haired student, before giving a bit of a salute and was already proceeding in assisting. "Figured you could use a bit of help here with Mt. Garbage."

yumi.png

"Heeey, Omurice!"

Me? Yumi glanced around. Nobody else particularly close by. Must have been her, then, but why omurice?

"You look bored, so, how about..." Yumi watched as Tsubasa kicked a can through the air, landing it cleanly into a bin over in that direction. "So, come on. Want to try it out? You got long legs so I'm sure you can get some good kicking distance with them." 

Well, it wasn't like having a bit of fun would slow her down, right? "Sure. We'll see who can get the most cans in." Competition also never hurt. Yumi looked at the trash around her, stabbing her picker through the first can she found, and sliding it off to rest on her shoe, before swinging her leg forward, sending the can careening through the air. It landed on the rim of the trash can, wobbling in the balance for a moment. The keen observer would see a very small flash of electricity in the air between Yumi and the can, giving the can the final little push it needed to fall into the trash can.

"That's one," Yumi smiled, picking up other nearby trash and putting it into the bag she'd been dragging around as she kept her eyes open for more cans to kick away. "Using my Quirk's all about accuracy, so don't expect easy pickings off me."

Ren leaned on his broom as he wiped the sweat from his brow, starting to breath a little heavier from behind his mask. He had greatly underestimated how much garbage his little maneuver would unearth, revealing several months worth of trash buried under layers of sand and algae. Nature had done her best to reclaim the filth, causing the heap to stink like an open grave. He had already filled most of his garbage bags, but the mountain still towered as high as it did when it was created.

“Damn, having a Quirk powered by breath does not suit picking up garbage at all,” Ren thought as he tried not to gag as the smell crept through his mask. Mouldering soda dregs and leftover sandwiches had mingled with the tainted sea foam, creating a miasma that he swore he could see rise from the ground like spirits of the underworld. As he leaned on his broom as he regained his composure, he heard the voice of a fellow classmate from behind him.

"Hey! Figured you could use a bit of help here with Mt. Garbage."

Ren turned to see that Benjamin had already begun filling a garbage bag, with his writhing army of spiders carrying away spent batteries and empty lighters into another spider silk basket.

“O’Hara-san, thanks for the help!” Ren replied with a sheepish smile from behind his mask, “I may have taken more than I can handle. I wasn’t expecting the stench to be so bad.”

At first, Benjamin did not notice the smell of the dreg heap, but the moment a sudden shift of the wind delivered the scent to him, he immediately started coughing.

“J-Jeez...okay...the saying is one man’s trash is another man’s treasure...but I don’t think any treasure can be found with that scent...ugh…”

Ren made his way to Ben, tiptoeing around old food wrappers, handing him his extra mask.

“Here, it helps with the smell a bit. Hopefully your spiders don’t mind the smell.”