(o ×)

My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega! [IC/CLOSED/PG-16/BEST RP 2020 WINNER]

"At the end of this week, you all will be doing a team-based exam, it says. It says here that you all are going to be facing off in teams of four against staff of the school… that seems a bit excessive… But anyway! I'm gonna go ahead and list off the teams now, so that you all can get to know each other better ahead of time, and make plans for the end of the week!"

ayane2.png

"Next in line is Kanda Takehiko, Sanada Ren, Akagi Kio, and Ukemei Ayane! You four will be facing off against your literature teacher, Page Master!"

Group combat against a pro hero! Most aspiring young students would probably worry if they could handle such a task. Ayane wasn't like most students. Speaking of most students, as the others began to gather up into their respective teams, Ayane's own team started gathering around her desk. Must have been her magnetic personality. The first one to show up was Kio, with a pen and paper in hand. He was like super smart and stuff, so it was probably for strategizing.

"Looks like we'll be working together! Lucky me! You've got a great quirk. Please...write down how it works...it's easier for me to make a memory card that way. We could totally rock out together if I end up using it!"

Not quite. Picking up the pen and putting it to the paper, Ayane said as she got started on her Quirk explanation, "I'm not good at explaining things with words. So I'll just explain it as best I can with pictures! That should work, right?" Ayane paused for a bit to think as best she could about the mechanics behind Compose, before getting back to work on her explanation. As she did, Takehiko also showed up!

"Suppose we'll be working together eh? All I really remember about Page Master is his power is reliant on book's he's holding so... any of us have quirks to abuse that particular weakness?"

"Hmmmm..." Something to beat books? She did know of one such thing. But she couldn't do it. But maybe... "Kio, do you have a memory card that lets you turn your arms into hoses or something?"

It wasn't long after asking that that Ayane triumphantly turned her sheet of paper around, displaying an illustrated explanation of the mechanics behind Compose. "And voila! Basically, that's how it works."

yumi.png

"First off! Omuro Yumi, Yokuna Yasha… Seigi… Taiana… And… Kemuri Nataria… why does this class have so much katakana… Anyway, you four will be fighting your science teacher, Hemlock."

Even if it was four of them, everyone here was still just a bunch of students. Squaring off with an actual pro hero so early on seemed just plain unfair. Well, it could have been worse. It wasn't like Yumi was one of the unlucky sods that got put in the group meant to fight Ruby Heart. For now, at Diana's suggestion, students were splitting into their respective groups to plan ahead for the trial to come. That was a good idea. Tapping on the chair of Yasha in front of her - who seemed very into the idea of getting to beat up his science teacher - Yumi nodded over in Diana's direction and said "Come on, let's go."

Seating herself in the chair that Takehiko had just left behind, Yumi gave her newfound teammate a polite wave before getting to the point of being here. The plan. Hopefully Diana had one, because Yumi sure didn't. "So... Hemlock. I don't have much of a mind for combat, so if you've got a plan, just let me know and I'll play along with that." With Diana's incredible strength and Yasha's tool powers, combined with Yumi's electricity and Natalia's smoke, maybe this wasn't so unfair after all.

Edited by yui

2avvIQl.jpg

"I'm not good at explaining things with words. So I'll just explain it as best I can with pictures! That should work, right?"

Kio scratched the back of his head.  It was a method of learning a quirk he wasn't familiar with, but he was confident in his ability to make it work.  

"I can try.  I'm very much so a visual learner, but if you jot down the particulars, I should have enough info to make a memory card."  He was bs'ing of course, but it was worth a shot.  If it didn't work, he could always ask her to explain it more precisely.  Nonetheless, he'd definitely have to see the quirk in action some more.  Takehiko was the next to gather into their little group meeting, saddling up to Ayane just as he did.  

"Suppose we'll be working together eh? All I really remember about Page Master is his power is reliant on book's he's holding so... any of us have quirks to abuse that particular weakness?"

"Hmmmm..." Ayane seemed to pause in thought, while simultaneously working on her magnum opus. "Kio, do you have a memory card that lets you turn your arms into hoses or something?"

Kio shook his head in disappointment.  He reached into his pockets, and pulled out two blue rectangles, placing them on Ayane's desk.  They were clearly transparent, and looked like they possessed small strands of organic material, likened to neurons, magnified to the nth degree.

"Sadly, I don't think either of these guys can help us with that.  I'll let you in on some top secret information though, and tell you what they are."  Pointing to the memory card on the left, he began to explain.  "This here is Assault Dust.  It basically allows me to create dust, and manipulate the dust that I create.  Pretty nifty, right?"  He then moved his pointer finger to the only remaining card on the desk.  "This here is Barrier.  I can project a dome shaped barrier in any radius of my choosing, and can even produce multiple.  However...I have to stand stationary and concentrate to produce them.  They're about as hard as a steel wall.  I think it would be the best option in a regular brawl.  Against Page Master, however, I'm not so sure."  He picked them back up, swiftly but gently, and placed them back into his pocket.  "If I had Brine, this would've been easy, but the girl had to lose her wits and disappear.  How unfortunate."  He shrugged.  In the midst of his babbling, Ayane had finished her drawing.

"And voila! Basically, that's how it works."

Kio looked at the picture, a tad frustrated.

"What the hell is this..."  He asked, with an eyebrow twitch.  "This is bullshit.  Are you an idiot?"  He asked, tearing the paper away from Ayane's hands.  He turned it around, only to shove it in her face, while pointing at the note she had produced.  He expressed his dissatisfaction calmly.  "And what the hell is this drawing of an eighth note?  Aren't you a musician or something?"  He sighed, putting the paper back on Ayane's desk.  "Explain it like you know what you're doing, or you're useless to me."  Kio then turned his attention towards Takehiko.  "You.  Start explaining your quirk in detail, now.  I want access to all of your pieces as well, so make sure you give me the nitty gritty of each one."  He then scanned the classroom for their last teammate, Ren, before raising his voice.  "And you, Sanada Ren!  Would you like to join us, or would you rather waste time chit-chatting with someone you aren't getting graded with?"

Benjamin sat there, listening to what his three teammates had to say. Of course, they still were unaware of what the tasks could be done...there was, of course, win against the teacher but the other option...well, that was still unclear. At this point, he figured they could at least plan for one and when the second option was clear: improvise. That's what most Heroes do anyway, right?

"well, then alternate winning or otherwise, you have nothing to work about Iroko. After all, you've got three people with you, and most importantly I'm here with you. So, as long as those things are true, we're definitely a sure win."
"I'd say we should come up with a plan, but... What can we plan for when we don't know the specifics? Hopefully we can get some actual time before the exam to plot a bit."
"I, Sun, have a great plan! So, we're gonna have you all stand behind me so I can protect you all, and then, I'm going to throw a rock at the bear! It's going to be a very big rock,"

Benjamin couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the two thoughts from Rika and Sun. Once the chatting subsided, he took a chance to speak again. "Generally, what Rika said is correct. Playing dead when you happen upon a bear is a thing to do..." he began. "Though it's generally something you'd have to do for a mother grizzly bear with her cubs. If it's a predatory bear...well, in this case, pandas aren't generally predatory, but science and nature didn't take into consideration Quirks...a-anyway...thing there is the playing dead isn't going to work." Perhaps it was a good reason for him to have looked up random factoids up during his browsing sessions whilst waiting for a new program to install on his computer, seeing as though he just delivered that...

"I-In any case." he cleared his throat, quickly changing the subject. "I actually have a plan...sort of. I have three known factors with this team, the exception being Rika, because we haven't seen her Quirk yet in action...though I've seen both of yours during the reel from the Quirk Evaluations." Benjamin said, directing this to both Sun and Tsubasa. "You both are agile...amazingly so. Not only this, but you both work well with the hand-to-hand close combat. My general thought is this...we have you both running a strong offense, don't give Xionglauhu a chance to breathe or a chance to think. We have a strong assault there, she'll be focused on you guys more. Which is where we come in to the next phase."

Benjamin looked at Rika, nodding. "While I don't know everything about your Chameleon Quirk, I'm assuming you have quite the number of attributes of a chameleon. The skin changing is definitely one that I noticed. With her, we'd have the element of surprise...and if she has the capability of a long range attack, then we should be good on that front too." he paused, exhaling slowly. "...that only leaves me. And while I may not be as fast or strong as most of you, I have quite the versatile Quirk...meaning I can help as much as I can, but in the background...have my spiders prepare traps for Xionglauhu. The end goal is win with a possible capture. Of course, that's only if we have to win the fight specifically...whatever the alternate win option is...I say...we improvise and wing it?"

"I'm not good at explaining things with words. So I'll just explain it as best I can with pictures! That should work, right?"

Takehiko glanced over the picture he saw Kio pushing into Ayane's face, grabbing it and holding it, turning it in all sorts of directions, "Well, from what you've... attempted to display, your sound rises over something, before transforming through some sort of command into kinetic energy that you can use to barrage things with soundwaves? Did I get it or am I way off?" He shrugs before placing the paper back on Ayane's desk.

In the meantime, he noticed Kio had turned to speak to him, rather rudely if he was honest, though he supposed he could excuse it for the time being. After all, this was a test and likely to get his teammates nervous. "You.  Start explaining your quirk in detail, now.  I want access to all of your pieces as well, so make sure you give me the nitty gritty of each one."

The Chess user gave a small hm, "Well, I suppose you were kind enough to divulge those two discs you have, if you're taking this seriously and willing to give out important information, I should be as well. I only know how to utilize two abilities of my Quirk, although my doctor informed me that mine shows semblances of a Multi-Stage Quirk and there are likely other abilities I know nothing of. Perhaps I'll figure out more of it through this test." 

He takes in a short breath, closing his eyes for a moment as he seems to concentrate on how to describe his abilities. "But anyways, my Quirk's Stage 1: Pawns. I'm able to form cognitive copies of myself that seem aware enough to be able to take tactical commands, write, and even act on their own through loose commands. The downside is that sometimes they may 'decide' that your instructions aren't correct, as I'm sure you've both seen me having difficulty with them from time to time. Utilize them carefully, and I can make a set amount of 8."

"Now for my Quirk's Stage 2: Knight. I can utilize metal in the environment to wrap around myself in protective armor. While wearing that armor I gain enhanced agility, and enhanced reactions. I have to be able to see what's coming of course but it's almost like the world slows down for you alone to an extent, but if you use this mode I think I'd warn against trying to use heavier metal, it would merely slow down any bonuses the mode gives. I'd say Aluminum is probably the best type I've been able to find for common things, although I imagine there are rarer metals that may perform better." Takehiko gives a small frown, leaning back and rubbing the back of his neck, "I can try to answer questions you may have Kio but that's likely the best I can do for you for more in-detail explanations. Ah! I wonder if the Pawns would be able to utilize different discs of yours at the same time?"

He nods to himself, closing his eyes and starting to think again, "And then we have the issue of Page Master... I think it's fair of me to suggest that none of us would be able to take that type of Quirk with ours, which I guess to an extent is the point?"

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

"So... you think we should stop them from fighting, or just wait it out?"

Hideyo raised his head and chuckled. "We should wait it out," he said as he looked in Inu's direction. "We may all just be teenagers here, but we're not kids anymore. This bickering is silly to me, and I'm not going to get involved. They need to overcome it themselves if they're going to be heroes," he said with a smile.

Inu had an interesting quirk. It was a mutant and emitter type. Having all the capabilities of a wolf with a fiery presence. Hideyo wondered if he Inu liked ear scratches, but he kept the thought to himself.

"I think our quirks will work great together," Hideyo said suddenly. "I can compliment you at close quarters or at a distance, and provide you with cover. Just give me the word," he said happily. Hideyo hoped to develop a formal relationship with all of the students here over time. Hopefully, in the coming battle against Ruby Heart, he could gain some rapport with his teammates and establish connections for the future.

Yasha ended up sitting on top of the desk next to Diana's, kicking his legs off the ground like a child and grinning ear-to-ear.

Not that he had ears.

Regardless, he was overjoyed (and somewhat nervous) that his entire team was girls, save for him. It made the prospect of fighting their teacher even more thrilling, in the sense that he might impress some of them if they won.

"So! We get to fight Ms. Hemlock. Any ideas on what we should look out for?" Yasha asked. "I mean, she is a Pro Hero, so she's probably going to be a lot better at fighting than us, so we really need a solid plan going in, right?" Yasha was raring to go already, but he remembered how he'd felt after the surprise test they gave them the first day, and didn't want to look that stupid in front of the whole class twice. That would just be embarrassing...

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

"Oh, oh, do not worry!" Sun said excitedly. "I, Sun, have a great plan!" 

Rika paused for a moment as she heard that, she really, really did not want to have to be the one to break any of his spirit with how eager he sounded. She hoped that his plan was actually great, if only for his own sake.

"So, we're gonna have you all stand behind me so I can protect you all, and then, I'm going to throw a rock at the bear! It's going to be a very big rock."

She paused for a moment at that, a little cough escaping her as she did, "Yeaaah, okay, uh... So, we'll put down rock throwing as an option later, yeah? But we can't just stand behind you, it has to be a team effort, otherwise..." She shrugged her shoulders a bit, "I don't think one of us can hold up against the teacher on our own, you know?"

She tapped her fingers against her desk, hopefully that wasn't too... Brutal for the big guy. She didn't want to crush him, but... She had to make sure she held her own here, so the others knew she actually deserved to be here. Even if she wasn't that far behind in the entry exam, it still felt like she was trailing leagues behind now. She hummed for a moment, before listening in as Ben started to talk about the other two and their Quirks. Agility was good to know. "You think they can keep her busy enough?" She started to perk up a bit as she listened to him talk, there was an idea there.

But then he turned to her, and she took a moment to tap her cheek gently as she spoke, "My Quirk is... Awkward to use sorta. Doesn't mean I won't use it fully, but it does mean I'm not sure how much it'll work in the long run... But I'm more than prepared... " She didn't really go into detail what that meant at all, but she started speaking again before it would matter. "As for range, my tongue can kiiinda hit from a distance, but it's more like a whip with a club instead of, like, a gun."

She heard Ben talk about his own Quirk, she raised an eyebrow, her eyes shifting in color, turning a bright red as she grinned and leaned forward, "...How far away can they be from you? The spiders, I mean... Obviously. If they can go far enough away, I can smuggle them around, you'd never even know that I have one or two on me if I'm careful about how I move, I can sneak them around the field to try and give them good spots to set traps. I can even hide them from sight while they do it. A capture could be possible."

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

unknown.png

"Hemlock?" Natalia muttered under her breath, snapping out of her half-hearing trance at the mention of the hero. So they were making them fight the teachers for the test it seemed. He had heard many names and miscellaneous things from her father about various heroes, and Hemlock was no exception. She knew that she had quit the hero business years ago due to the passing away of her partner. It was a sad story, no doubts about that - Natalia felt bad for her despite the contempt she held against her for her decision. While tragic, her quitting showed she wasn't cut for the job. Most of the clowns running around playing hero weren't; she presumed if something like what happened to poor Hemlock happened to them they'd turn tail and run away from their obligation.

They were weak.

For once, she felt motivated to participate in the class event, even willingly moving herself from the corner to group up with the others she was teaming up with. Still, she had been slow to move, catching up to the other three in the middle of their discussion. Rome Depot and Electrolyte were starting to try and think of a strategy. "Well, lucky for us, we have quite a collection of quirks." She said, crossing her arms. "As long as we keep Electrolyte safe from Twilex, this won't be a problem." She turned towards Yasha, before glancing over to Rei. Her quest to figure out what happened to Rei that day would have to be put on hold. This fight with Hemlock was more than just another test - this was personal.

"So... Hemlock. I don't have much of a mind for combat, so if you've got a plan, just let me know and I'll play along with that."

Diana waved back to Yumi softly as the girl took her place near Diana. She didn't really talk to her much, but maybe this would change it? She was about to reply when Yasha appeared, sitting on a desk, and swinging his legs near her. Taking a moment to breathe before she spoke, Nat joined them as well, and Yasha beat her to it.

"So! We get to fight Ms. Hemlock. Any ideas on what we should look out for?" Yasha asked. "I mean, she is a Pro Hero, so she's probably going to be a lot better at fighting than us, so we really need a solid plan going in, right?"

"Well, lucky for us, we have quite a collection of quirks." Nat said, crossing her arms. "As long as we keep Electrolyte safe from Twilex, this won't be a problem."

"[So...] None of us know what she really does, huh?" Diana gave a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of her neck.  "I guess we can just Googol it later, and come up with a more refined plan tomorrow? I'm not really sure just depending on a one-shot from Yumi is the... [smartest] plan, all things considered. What little we know about her does make approaching sound a bit difficult, but... It seems like only Nat and Yumi can do anything, so I'm just not sure how to tackle this... [But!] We can do this!"

Diana gave her teammates a big grin, just as much to convince herself as to convince them. Cause she sure as hell wasn't convinced. Pros were no joke, and this didn't seem like the best matchup for her... What if she just dragged everyone down? Even Ren would probably fare better against someone like this...

ayane2.png

"What the hell is this... This is bullshit. Are you an idiot?"

"Huh?"

"And what the hell is this drawing of an eighth note? Aren't you a musician or something?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I've ever worked with sheet music before!" Fine. Whatever. If Kio wanted to be dumb, Ayane wasn't about to stop him. Before she could further explain why her explanation made perfect sense and she'd done exactly as Kio asked of her, Takehiko went into the details of his own Quirk. And wow, was that a lot of info to absorb! Ayane wasn't sure how people with complicated Quirks were able to keep track of everything! At least Compose was nice and simple. Sound goes in, matter comes out, and its properties changed a bit with pitch. Easy.

"And then we have the issue of Page Master... I think it's fair of me to suggest that none of us would be able to take that type of Quirk with ours, which I guess to an extent is the point?"

"Leave keeping his Quirk in check to me!" Ayane declared, chest puffed out with pride in her own Quirk. "All we gotta do is rip up the paper, right? I can do that." Although... hmmmm... He obviously didn't know how her Quirk worked, which was entirely his fault. But Ayane shot Kio a glance. Two guitars is one more than one. This would take some training on her own part too. Which she'd have to do anyway if she wanted to be an up-to-snuff pro hero!

"Hey, you wanna learn to play the guitar?" Ayane suddenly asked, eyes alight with a brilliant idea.

yumi.png

"So! We get to fight Ms. Hemlock. Any ideas on what we should look out for? I mean, she is a Pro Hero, so she's probably going to be a lot better at fighting than us, so we really need a solid plan going in, right?"

"Well, lucky for us, we have quite a collection of quirks. As long as we keep Electrolyte safe from Twilex, this won't be a problem."

Electyrolyte? Yumi was starting to get the haunting suspicion that nobody in this class actually knew her name. Except for Ren. Oh well. There were worse fates.

"[So...] None of us know what she really does, huh? I guess we can just Googol it later, and come up with a more refined plan tomorrow? I'm not really sure just depending on a one-shot from Yumi is the... [smartest] plan, all things considered. What little we know about her does make approaching sound a bit difficult, but... It seems like only Nat and Yumi can do anything, so I'm just not sure how to tackle this... [But!] We can do this!"

"Relying entirely on me isn't a good idea," Yumi agreed. At least the foreigner knew her name. "Stalling for time against a pro hero sounds sketchy enough as-is, so we'd be better off trying to take her down fast. And if you don't think you can do much to her, that mostly leaves..." Not herself. Relying on Charge to win this fight was the exact opposite of just about everything Yumi had said; it relied entirely on her, and it meant having to stall while she powered up. Natalia's Quirk was really nice, but it didn't seem like it could really do much damage or even hold Hemlock down. And if Diana didn't think she could approach the teacher at all, that just left...

Yumi's eyes shifted over to Yasha. "Your hands can turn into any type of tool?" she asked.

Edited by yui

hakaro.png

Without warning, Hakaro's chair was pulled out from under him. He hit the ground hard, bruising his tailbone, and grabbed his desk to pull himself back up. That bitch must have used her oh-so-mysterious quirk to pull off that stunt. He stood up and leaned toward her, gritting his teeth, and was about to go off at her when their other teammates arrived. The dog-guy from the first day, and someone Hakaro hadn't really gotten to know yet. With a sigh, he grabbed his chair and pulled it back into place. "Listen. We are facing off against one of the most notorious heroes in this country, but we do have a few advantages. Most notably, we know her capabilities far better than she knows ours."

Leaning back, he turned his face up to the ceiling, "She presumably has seen everything we did in the entrance exams, as well as on our first day. If any of you have any surprising capabilities now would be the time to show them off." Despite his excitement, Hakaro was visibly nervous, "I know she is a hero, and under normal circumstances she would definitely protect us, but I feel like I am going to be in more danger doing this than I have been even when I saw real villains on the loose. We can't underestimate her. If we do, we lose."

----------

"Leave keeping his Quirk in check to me!" The guitar girl, Ayane was her name, seemed confident in her abilities. "All we gotta do is rip up the paper, right? I can do that."

Ren smiled, giving her a polite thumbs-up. "With a team like this, I don't really see how we could lose. Though our teacher has a versatile quirk, I don't remember seeing him as ranking very highly on the hero charts. On our side, we have the strength of numbers, ranged attacks, whatever Kio-san can do, and me?" Ren grinned with a slow stretch and a deep breath, "I can fight our opponent head-on with all of your support!" Ren knew for sure that this was his chance to best Diana. He had to.

"And that's class for today! I guess I didn't really teach you guys anything, but uh..." Dreadbolt scratched at his chin, producing the sound of scraping metal, "haHA! I am the homeroom teacher! I don't to teach you brats anything!"

715aN40f-0L._AC_SL1001_.jpg?width=400&he

In an excessively lavish mansion somewhere outside the main city...

"Are you ready, Fate?"

With a somewhat obnoxious giggle and scoff, a girl dramatically waved her hand toward the walkie-talkie sitting on the table, as if telling off the one speaking to her without them even being able to see her. She wore extremely ornate robes, clearly some kind of self-made costume, despite being alone in the building. Despite the laced hood forming a visor over her face, well-kept golden locks were visible framing her face. "You know, asking whether I am ready makes no difference. Our entire conversation is pre-de-ter-mined!" She emphasized each syllable independantly, taking particular pleasure in the word. "Though I do quite like being called that..."

"It's important, in case our line is being monitored. How accurate of a prediction can you give today?"

The girl sighed, pulling a deck of cards from the folds of her robe. The backs were inlayed with gold leaf, the faces showing designs somehow both elegant and brutal, such as a peaceful smile on a man hanging from a golden noose. "You shouldn't be so pushy toward an artist such as myself. But in any case, my predictions are always correct, just..." she paused, carefully shuffling her treasured cards, "...open to interpretation. Speaking of information, did Towa learn anything useful?"

bro.png

The sixteen students, along with their substitute teacher Dreadbolt, stood at the entrance to training field Epsilon, another mock-city like the one they first demonstrated their quirks in, but divided into four parts with a cross of massive walls. "I was told to promise you all that there won't be any robots in this exam. I am not really sure what that means, but Glory said it would make more sense to you all. This is the field you will be using for the exam. Each of your teams will be squared off against a mock-villain, AKA your own teacher! All four tests will be conducted simultaneously, but don't worry, we won't miss anything. There are cameras planted all over the testing area so that we can better evaluate your performance. Orikami and I will be observing over the cameras, though she declined to meet with you all today. She emailed me something about having lost her voice? Pretty funny for a lady so soft-spoken, eh? GAHAAAHAAHAHA!" Straightening himself back up, he did his best to address the youths with a serious tone, "So, do any of you have questions before this starts?"

OOC:

Alright, sorry about the delays everyone. For those in the discord, you will see that you now have access to channels corresponding to your teams in this exam, you can use those to help plan strategies and coordinate your posts. We will be doing a single round before the exam itself begins, DM me any questions your character may have for Dreadbolt, so that I may give an answer that you can include in your posts. The next host post is mostly done, and will be posted on the 30th, so if you want to get any conversation in before the fights start, make sure to do it in this next week. This isn't a round that I expect everyone to post in, so it is no worries if you are simply busy with the holidays. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, let me know privately or publicly so that I may address them. Blah blah blah, max omega and all that jazz.

Edited by (?️)

"...How far away can they be from you? The spiders, I mean... Obviously. If they can go far enough away, I can smuggle them around, you'd never even know that I have one or two on me if I'm careful about how I move, I can sneak them around the field to try and give them good spots to set traps. I can even hide them from sight while they do it. A capture could be possible."

At this...yet again...Benjamin's spiders freaked out and the young man had to rub his temples some. "I-I'm sorry Rika. Give me one moment...my spiders are...a-a bit...freaked out. But they'll get over it...won't they?!" he spoke in a stern tone, directing it to his spiders and finally the freak out subsided. "As to answer your question...well, if they're in my nearby vicinity, I can give a telepathic orders via my work...yeah I have a mental link with them and can control them like that and they also respond to me with it. Otherwise, I give them an order and they'll carry that out, without me having to rely on my mental link. So if I give them the order and have them stick with you...they'll follow those orders."

"And that's class for today! I guess I didn't really teach you guys anything, but uh...haHA! I am the homeroom teacher! I don't to teach you brats anything!"

Benjamin overheard this and nodded, standing up and looking at his team. "Guess we'll reconvene on this...but I think so far this is a good start to all this. We can talk more about it over the next few days...really hammer the plan to fruition." he said with a smile.

The next two days came and went like a flash...but the plan seemed to go over well, just for the most part. Plus, Benjamin even took the time to do his best to brush up on Xionglauhu, or as much as he could. The internet was a great learning tool if anything. Nevertheless, even with all their planning...Friday came too soon...and the big day had arrived. And what was more...this moment they were in costume...the Hero Costumes they had sent in during the application process...

As Benjamin entered the locker room to change into the costume of his that now resided in a brief case, he thought back on the day...

Benjamin sat in his room, his feet propped up on his desk, scrolling through page after page on his computer screen. In his lap lay an open notebook with a few sketches, scribbles and even some notes. His pencil laid behind his ear as he glanced between his computer screen and the TV screen over on the other side of his room. Right now, he was working on the most important thing he could: his Hero costume.

A Hero’s costume was their identity, their calling card...something that would possibly inspire others to be like them. But what would truly encapsulate the heroic persona of Arachnid Hero - Multi-Threader? From what he saw, most of the Hero costumes seemed a bit too much for him...so what could he do.

“Ugh...” he grumbled, leaning his head back, looking up at his ceiling as he watched a few of his spiders running around on a small web that they made. “...so glad you guys are having fun while I’m working.” Benjamin rolled his eyes some, with a sigh. “Still, guess one of us should be taking it easy on this.”

Benjamin closed his eyes, trying to focus on what to truly do with this design. All he could see in his head right now was just a blurry figure. No bright ideas, nothing. Another sigh escaped his lips, until he heard one thing in his head: “Vigilantes...”

His eyes shot open, as the young man sat up quickly. He looked up at the spiders and pointed at them. “Okay, fess up...which one of you said that?” Benjamin asked, seeing the farthest spider raise a leg. “...you’re a GENIUS!!!”

With a swift bit of speed, Benjamin started looking up things for ‘vigilantes’ and he saw types of costumes he thought actually looked cool. “Hmm...that might be it! At least, for the very first costume anyway.” he nodded firmly, now taking the pencil and putting it to the notebook. Soon he had a general sketch up and running with this idea...and he was truly impressed with it.

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, according to Da Vinci...and this might just be my ticket.” Benjamin placed the pencil down, looking at his masterpiece of a design...

Taking his first steps at training ground Epsilon, Benjamin...no...Arachnid Hero: Multi-Threader stood tall, donned in his costume. It might've not been as grandiose as many others, but for what he wanted...like he said before, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. He left his hood down and the goggles remained on top of his forehead for the time being. Nevertheless, he could feel himself have a bit of the jitters...worse than usual...even the spiders were a bit jittery. This here was a big moment...

"I was told to promise you all that there won't be any robots in this exam. I am not really sure what that means, but Glory said it would make more sense to you all. This is the field you will be using for the exam. Each of your teams will be squared off against a mock-villain, AKA your own teacher! All four tests will be conducted simultaneously, but don't worry, we won't miss anything. There are cameras planted all over the testing area so that we can better evaluate your performance. Orikami and I will be observing over the cameras, though she declined to meet with you all today. She emailed me something about having lost her voice? Pretty funny for a lady so soft-spoken, eh? GAHAAAHAAHAHA! So, do any of you have questions before this starts?"

Multi-Threader fiddled with two bracelet devices on his wrists for a moment, before raising a hand for a moment. "Dreadbolt sir, I have one." he spoke up, clearing his throat. He could've asked about something else...but he wanted to ask this first. "...what exactly would happen to us if we happen to fail this exam?"

The teacher's face appeared to change from steel to stone as he said flatly, "You will no longer be allowed to attend U.A." After a few seconds of silence, he let out a huge laugh, "Nah, it's nothing like that. I dunno kid, maybe your parents will take away your Wintendo Stitch after seeing your report card? Gaaahahaaha!!"

He was...for lack of a better word, worried now. Whether this idle threat was real or not...it put him on edge. He just prayed that this worst case scenario was 100% just a joke.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

All bark no bite. Admittedly Rei did feel like an idiot for rising to Hakaro's taunting but honestly screw that guy anyway. Still she was surprised that he didn't react much to it. Must not have wanted to look more foolish in front of the other boys or something silly like that.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes at his assessment. "Yeah sure, do you talk so little so you can save up to be extra dramatic when you do?" She shrugged. "Guess we'll see won't we?"

They once again found themselves in front of a fake city. How many of these things did the school have anyway? She briefly wondered if there wasn't a better use for the money this school must be getting but decided that thinking too deeply on that would just be plain depressing.

Looking around she noticed that some of them had hero costumes and she let out a groan. She never actually bothered to figure that out. What kind of costume would even help her out anyway? Wearing anything more than normal just seemed like an unnecessary hassle. Maybe she'd get something when it was actually important for her to be noticeable, or if something actually useful came to mind,  but she really didn't see any benefit right now.

She reluctantly made her way towards the others in her group as the substitute rambled on and showed exactly why she didn't bother asking any of her questions. "This clown probably doesn't have any answers." she muttered.

Arriving to where the others were she nodded her head at the city. "Guess we have to deal with this now." Rei put her arms across her chest and frowned. "We'll probably want to go for whatever other way of winning we can. I'm not going to try and seriously hurt someone not doing any crimes. Even if we're told we're 'allowed' to." She gave a slight sneer at the idea. How stupid was that? Even if they could be healed up it was ridiculous to fight to harm someone who wasn't a villain. What kind of hero goes around beating down people if they don't have to?

She wasn't forgetting what she did with Hakaro's chair. That was different than an actual fight.

And screw that guy anyway.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

Rika had probably come overprepared. Unlike everyone else, she didn't have a chance to submit costume ideas, she had plenty of time to refine her costume as a result, but... This did mean she wasn't really going to be able to use it in time for this particular assignment. That meant... She was back to her old reliable strategy. She dragged a small trunk behind her as she glanced around the environment they were going to be working with, it all looked... Modern.

"I was told to promise you all that there won't be any robots in this exam. I am not really sure what that means, but Glory said it would make more sense to you all."

That didn't make sense to her. But, that was probably a good thing. As long as whoever they were up against couldn't read heat signatures then, she should be totally fine to crawl around without having to worry about being spotted. Even if it would be a bit... Well, she would have to be careful either way. She had been expecting something a little more... Nature-y. Though maybe that wasn't the right way to say it. She had been hoping for something a little more green. It was easier to camouflage yourself in bushes, in grass, in trees. With this, she would have to use colors that just... Sorta matched. Grays, whites... And any building that wasn't a color like that, she would have to pray she didn't get spotted crossing. Hopefully her teammates could handle that. She dug through the trunk rapidly, sorting through the obvious non-matching colors, her skin cycling through shades of white and gray as she compared the clothing to it, mumbling as she did.

"Mom always said to pay attention to her about color theory, but I thought 'Hey! They have costumes for that now, I'll just get one of those made!' Well, look where you are now, Rika. Caught without the tool you need and a mom who's definitely gonna make a point of it later if she ever hears of this..." Her voice trailed off as her skin started to turn a shade of green and red, swirled about as she worked to pull out some colors that could, at least, blend in with the cityscape they were going to be in... It would require some distraction on the teacher's part, but... Well, hopefully that would work out alright.

It took a bit, swapping her clothes around without taking things off in front of the others wasn't a quick skill, but it was something she had worked on streamlining to make sure there were no slip ups over time. It didn't take long and she had on a fairly minimal outfit that could blend in with the city. She took a deep breath, closing up the trunk as she stood up. 

"So, do any of you have questions before this starts?"

Rika's thoughts started to race as she considered any questions she might have. She couldn't ask anything too specific, honestly. It's not likely they would give any real hints on how to handle their teacher here. No... But... Her hand was in the air anyway, the red and green swirls there seeming to become more chaotic, squiggly as she spoke, "Uh... Yeah, what's the alternate 'win' condition, exactly? Since we haven't really been able to plan around it, I'm just... Curious on if it's even realistic to think about achieving it."

"I'm glad you asked! If i didn't cover this i might have gotten in some trouble!" The substitute teacher pulled out some crumpled notes from his pocket, "So... Basically... Each teacher will have a briefcase near their person as the exam starts. Inside the briefcase is a keypad, and if you enter 4 3 7 6, your team sill automatically win!"

Rika paused as she heard him speak up, that... That could be something very easy for them to accomplish. Ben's spiders... Maybe they'd be strong enough to input that? She didn't know if they were capable of putting enough force on the keypad. That left her. If she could sneak her way to the briefcase and she acted quick enough, maybe she could get it open and... Right.

"Do... Can I ask a follow up question?" She paused there, before continuing, "I'm asking anyway. Is the briefcase locked? Do we need to, like, fish a key away from the enemy or is it already unlocked? Is that too much info?" She bit her tongue there, she was gonna follow that up with 'Do you know the answer to that?', but she had a strange feeling that might not get a positive response.

"I mean... it doesn't say here that it is. It is probably just one of those little clicky latches. You what I mean?" He made an awkward motion as if operating the latch on a briefcase, "CLICK. Yeah, like one of those ones."

Oh. Well, that solved part of her problem, maybe. Hopefully it was just one of those clicky latches, as he put it. If the case was locked, that was a whole different matter... And things would get a lot more difficult.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

ayane2.png

"I was told to promise you all that there won't be any robots in this exam. I am not really sure what that means, but Glory said it would make more sense to you all. This is the field you will be using for the exam. Each of your teams will be squared off against a mock-villain, AKA your own teacher!"

This was the big day. The day she got to show what she was really made of. Just her and some classmates versus a pro hero! And even better, the super awesome hero costume she'd designed today was ready to go! It came with an incredible support item too! An amp worn over her chest! No more having to carry one around all the time and tire herself out like that! The only downside was that between that and the costume, getting suited up for this test was a bit of a process. It was totally worth it.

She looked awesome.

Rika already asked the thing Ayane was wondering about. The alternate win condition. Get briefcase, put in numbers, win. Easy! Instead, her question was for her teammates. Her face, covered by the costume's skull mask, turned to her teammates. "4376. Got it?" She grabbed the jack of a cord that extended from inside the breastplate of her new costume as she pulled it out, plugging it into her guitar as she continued "One of you has to type it in; my hands will be full keeping Page Master's hands full. Team Ironheade, let's rock!"

yumi.png

This was a day Yumi had been practicing for. Sort of. Okay, not really. But she had at least been keeping the support item she got a few days ago on as much as possible, to get used to it. It was bulky, it was heavy, and it was a pain to get on over her arm. But from her one singular test shot with it, it did exactly what the engineer who made it said it would. Conducted the energy she'd charged up more efficiently, and fired a more focused and powerful lightning bolt as a result. It also let her use her arm as an improvised "scope" without burning herself like she had in the test against those robots. This was pretty handy, though rather than more firepower, wouldn't something to let her charge up faster be better?

Not to mention the rest of the costume it came with. In hindsight, submitting just a picture of the arm cannon and a note with her Quirk's information and "You're the professional designer, not me; I trust your judgment." might not have been the best idea. When she heard who was doing her costume, Yumi did some research, and frankly she was expecting something a bit more... not this. She looked over her other classmates. At least she wasn't the maniac running around dressed up as a skeleton. With that in mind, she could probably just grin and bear it. Hopefully. Requesting changes to it sounded like a hassle she'd rather pass up on.

"Yes, over here," Yumi said, raising the hand that wasn't being weighed down by an unwieldly arm cannon. "I've been wondering. Were these teams randomly assigned, or did the teachers pick them out personally?"

"I mean... I assume it's random. If they picked you guys out I wasn't told. It would suck to be whoever was picked last! GAHAHAAA!!!"

Not a really helpful answer. Though, Dreadbolt wasn't really all that helpful when it came to these things to begin with. Expecting more of him was probably on her. "Well, it's about time." Hoisting her cannon-clad hand up over her shoulder, Yumi gave her team a thumbs-up and said "Good luck, everyone. We know how to win, so it's just a matter of doing it, right?"

Edited by yui

2avvIQl.jpg

Kio listened intently to Takehiko's explanation of his quirk.  Unlike Ayane the Dolt, Takehiko knew how his quirk operated.  Once he was finished listing off the two types of abilities that he knew of Chess, some blue static began to gather at the nape of Kio's neck.  After a couple of seconds, another card began to almost eject out of the back of where his brain stem was located.  Kio grabbed onto the back end, and tugged gently to eject it completely from his body.  He held the chip in front of Takehiko, and grinned.

"Thanks a lot, man.  I'll be sure to take good care of it."  He took a labeler out of his pocket, and wrote 'Chess' across it, putting it away with the others once he finished.  He then made a sharp glare towards Ayane.  "See...that's how it's done."

"And then we have the issue of Page Master... I think it's fair of me to suggest that none of us would be able to take that type of Quirk with ours, which I guess to an extent is the point?"

"Leave keeping his Quirk in check to me!" Ayane declared, chest puffed out with pride in her own Quirk, for some reason. "All we gotta do is rip up the paper, right? I can do that."  The girl seemed lost in thought about what the next step was.  She then approached Kio with a question.  "Hey, you wanna learn to play the guitar?"  Kio swatted the proposal away with a swift motion of his hand.

"No need.  I already know how to play guitar, bass, drums, trombone, sousaphone, saxophone...you get the idea."  He pointed to his head.  "I've seen live bands perform.  I can copy their exact hand and finger moments."  Would that technically be playing?  "But if you wanna teach me a specific song and rhythm, you'd have to show me.  Or else we'll be out of synch."  

"With a team like this, I don't really see how we could lose. Though our teacher has a versatile quirk, I don't remember seeing him as ranking very highly on the hero charts. On our side, we have the strength of numbers, ranged attacks, whatever Kio-san can do, and me?" Ren grinned with a slow stretch and a deep breath, "I can fight our opponent head-on with all of your support!"

"How naïve."  Kio groaned.  His favorite hero was lower on the charts, but that doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to how truly strong you are.  "Anyway, here's my idea for the assault."

Today was the day!  The day he'd go up against a real pro!  Machines and trash hardly proved to be a worthy foe against him, so fighting the real deal was really getting him hyped up!  Kio stood amongst the crowd of students in his costume, a wide grin sprawled across his face, hidden behind his mask.  An alternative method for passing the test was disclosed, but Kio could honestly care less about taking the easy way out after the plan they came up through.  It wouldn't be easy, but that was the fun of the game.  

"4376. Got it?  One of you has to type it in; my hands will be full keeping Page Master's hands full. Team Ironheade, let's rock!"

"Just stick to the plan I made and Page Master is toast.  If you wanna type the code in, be my guest, but that throws a wrench in our tactics."  Kio looked towards Ayane, his scowl also hidden behind his mask.  "And it's Team Perfect Aces."  

Takehiko nodded to Kio as he copied his quirk onto a disc drive, "Huh, so that's how you make them. Interesting that it's on a storage card, that definitely has... implications." He gave a small chuckle, glancing between them, "Ah, actually, I had my own idea as well..."

After class had ended, Takehiko pulled out his phone to check on the status of his hero costume. It was relatively simple but he requested a frequent back-and-forth just in case the one making his costume needed any input or questions on how things should work. Although he noticed a small status saying it was done, so after a quick message went to go fetch his costume!

Before too long, Takehiko found himself with the rest of the class on training field Epsilon, in front of their homeroom teacher. "I was told to promise you all that there won't be any robots in this exam. I am not really sure what that means, but Glory said it would make more sense to you all. This is the field you will be using for the exam. Each of your teams will be squared off against a mock-villain, AKA your own teacher! All four tests will be conducted simultaneously, but don't worry, we won't miss anything. There are cameras planted all over the testing area so that we can better evaluate your performance. Orikami and I will be observing over the cameras, though she declined to meet with you all today. She emailed me something about having lost her voice? Pretty funny for a lady so soft-spoken, eh? GAHAAAHAAHAHA!" Straightening himself back up, he did his best to address the youths with a serious tone, "So, do any of you have questions before this starts?"

The Chess Hero looked to the rest of them, a small briefcase on his person as he was geared up in his costume. It looked as though it was modeled between a mix of a military commander and a male idol! It was a deep blue color, adorned with an earpiece, and various metals on his chest in the shape of medals. His glasses seemed to have gotten a bit of an upgrade while in-costume as well, now outfitted with what seemed to be a scanner, kanji constantly updating in one of the corners whenever he turned his head. In the city it seemed to merely be 'stone, metal, wood' if anybody paid enough attention to make it out.

The Chess user gave a nod, "How does the faculty plan on guaranteeing our safety? And as well... what's their own win condition? I doubt it's as simple as simply knocking us all out." Dreadbolt gave a mighty guffaw,  "Your teachers have been given the go ahead to use as much force as they deem necessary! Just be glad you aren't against Ruby Heart, I've heard she can be a stone-cold b-" He stopped abruptly, nervously adjusting his suit jacket, "A stone-cold bastion of peace, yeah!"

"And your teachers win by incapacitating all four of you! Might that be by knocking you out, or immobilizing you in some other way!" Takehiko gave a small grimace at that, "Hm... well, I suppose we should make them misjudge the amount of force they need..." He turned to his two teammates, "I'll activate the button if the chance comes across, but fight to your heart's content. I'll try to place myself somewhere so I can coordinate our actions without being seen." He made sure to say that last part rather loud, as if he was trying to make sure more than just his team heard him.

Yasha was nervous, of course he was. He was also excited, and both of those emotions did what they always did-- blend together in his gut and come up out of him in the form of loudness.

"I'm so PUMPED FOR THIS!" He growled, making his whole body shake like an idling car as he shifted his weight back and forth, punching the air and blowing steam out of his nostrils.

Speaking of which, his costume was a bit of a no-brainer-- a suit of black and red body armor, seemingly designed to match his engine block of a head. Bulky, but it did a good job of accenting his already huge frame, making him seem even bigger than normal. His hands and head were the only exposed parts of him, which kept his Quirk onubstructed, but the bonus protection and intimidation was worth the extra weight.

Now to hope we can pull this off. I mean-- beating Hemlock isn't gonna be easy, but we're sure as hell gonna give it our best shot!

Edited by ChampionZero

bro.png

"Well, if that's all the questions, I guess it's time to start this!" Dreadbolt reached out a hand to lean on a signpost, which promptly fell apart and to the ground, causing him to lose his balance and fall as well. "Just uh... Ignore you guys saw that, gahaaa..." Dusting himself off, he handed small maps to each of the four groups. "Here you guys go, this should show where each of your exams are being held. Try not to go in guns-blazing, I think the teachers might want to say something before the fight starts. They are educators, after all.'

Storied Battle

Osamu Edogawa aka Librarian Hero - Page Master...the teacher stood in the center of a room, an open book in his right hand and a briefcase in his left. He seemed calm, considering the position he was in...then again...a Hero was always able to keep their composure in the face of any adversity.

“Students...while I’m not obligated to say this, I will remind you that you are to come at me with everything you have. Do not hold back on my part...otherwise...” Page Master closed the book loudly before adjusting his glasses slightly, the light glaring off the lenses as he addressed the students he was needing to deal with.

“...you will fail this exam. Plain and simple. Now, if there are no further questions or concerns...” Page Master paused before opening the book once more and immediately pulling something out from the pages. “Pop-Up Style: Hounds of Baskerville!”

From the book, pages began to leap from it’s leatherbound bindings and began to spin together, the pages forming what seemed to be a couple of canid shaped bodies...made with an amalgamation of book pages. “Come at me, future Heroes.”

Close Combat

"One and two and one and two..." The panda hero stretched as she took her place at the entrance of the building, then hopped to her feet in a single fluid motion, a grin on her face as the group entered... and immediately found Sun getting decked. Without even a moment's break, Xiónglǎohǔ returned to where she started, fists up like she was ready to box. The biggest thing the group would notice on her, aside from the weights around her ankles and wrists, was the duct tape wrapped around her top, holding the briefcase on her back. 

"On your toes, kids! A villain's not gonna wait, and neither am I! I'd say you either had to beat me in a fight or find the case and input the code... But they're one and the same for this exam. Maybe I'll be nice and drop it if you can show me a good fight, hm?"

A Walk in the Park

Standing in the center of a park was the silver haired Science Teacher. The park was relatively barren; a few trees here and there, some rocks scattered a bout, a single road and a bench. As the woman looked towards the students she simply greeted them all saying, "welcome 1-A. I, Hemlock, will be your mock villain for the day." Gesturing to herself, the woman's smile broke into a more concerned expression as she said, "though, I feel the need to apologize to all of you. It wasn't really my idea to be a part of this exam, as I'm not normally a hero that does much fighting. So, I regret to inform you of all of the teachers that are taking part in this exam I'm most definitely the weakest. Sorry if that disappoints you." Picking up the brief case by her side with one of her bare hands, the girl presented it to the other students, "oh, but you're all looking for this too right? Please, still try your best and go for the win!"  The woman giggled as she gave a reassuring smile to them.

Number 5 Hero

The group consisting of Rei, Hakaro, Inu, and Hideyo, once in their respective area, were greeted with the sight of the #5 hero. Asuka "Ruby Heart" Kurosawa, but of note was her outfit, a far cry at best from her usual hero attire. Rather, it seemed the point of this getup was to restrain her. Of additional note was a large pile of red crystals behind her.

"Brief history lesson before we begin. This won't be on any tests." Lifting her shoulders in a vain attempt to hoist up the weight clamped around her arms, Ruby Heart started "About thirty years ago, a U.A. student dropped out of school after an incident between her and an anti-Quirk movement. That student would go on to become the Crystalline Killer - Bloodstone, one of Japan's most notorious villains for some seventeen years. She was then captured by a group of U.A. students, imprisoned, and put under constant sedation to prevent her from escaping. She still broke out through creative use of her Quirk. When I confirmed her second arrest after confronting her myself, I contacted a support engineer who works on my own gear, and commissioned a suit that was specifically designed to lock down both her Quirk and her movement."

Giving her neck a stretch as she looked over her students once more, she concluded "I'm wearing a second copy of that outfit. Everything on my person - save for the mask - was meant to stop my mother from breaking out of prison a second time. It was a handicap the higher-ups forced onto me, because they didn't think the four of you versus me was a fair test. Nevermind the fact that I picked all of you for a reason." On a large screen attached to a building behind her, a timer started counting down. In the corner, it even came complete with the live feed of the exam these four students were taking.

"Now then, the timer's started. Apprehend me, or find the briefcase and input the code, before your time is up. Begin!" With no further warning, three crystals for each student were launched from the pile, darting through the air on a collision course with each student's head, neck, and stomach.

hakaro.png

That bitch hid the case? Hakaro, now wearing his own hero costume, scowled as his hands lit up with the silent blue flames of his quirk. A murder of glowing crows appeared around him, before scattering and swarming toward Ruby Heart, in an effort to obstruct her vision so that his teammates could dodge the incoming assault. There wasn't much to them individually, any hit would turn them to nothing, and they would deal little to no damage upon impact. Taking advantage of his corvid smokescreen, Endbringer dove to the side, breaking his landing with a somewhat-clumsy roll. Despite his talk of not underestimating the teacher, not even he was ready for such a sudden assault, And a timer? Do the other teams have to deal with that shit?

He gritted his teeth, trying to take stock of the situation around him. "Ghost!" Calling his classmate by her chosen hero name felt strange, yet appropriate. After all, this was a simulation of a villain incident. "The case is hidden, still plan on playing pacifist? We could use your quirk!"

"Here you guys go, this should show where each of your exams are being held. Try not to go in guns-blazing, I think the teachers might want to say something before the fight starts. They are educators, after all."

The young man exhaled slowly, before moving his goggles into place and then immediately tossing his hood on. This exam wasn't going to be easy and he knew it...his heart was definitely beating fast right now...the adrenaline was kicking in somewhat...but the young man exhaled again attempting to calm himself down. For a moment, he saw his hand with a few spiders, now spelling something in it: "Got This". It brought a smile to his face seeing this, which made him chuckle.

"We got this...yeah, thanks guys." he nodded, watching them scatter from his hand before walking with the others. As they talked before, Multi-Threader positioned a few of his spiders with Rika, against their better judgment. He only gave them one order: "When Xiónglǎohǔ is in position near Rika, pounce and do your thing".

Nothing at this moment could surprise them...

...okay maybe THAT would surprise them...

"On your toes, kids! A villain's not gonna wait, and neither am I! I'd say you either had to beat me in a fight or find the case and input the code... But they're one and the same for this exam. Maybe I'll be nice and drop it if you can show me a good fight, hm?"

She literally came in swinging the moment they walked in, seeing Sun get knocked down quite roughly. And of course, she had the briefcase duct taped around her back...lovely. Multi-Threader looked over at the on the ground Sun and then at Xiónglǎohǔ for a moment. "Uh, one moment...there's something I've sort of always wanted to do." he said, now moving over towards Sun, looking at his face some.

He was silent for a moment, before smirking under his mask. "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!!!" he said, before laughing a bit. "Sorry, always wanted to do that." Multi-Threader proceeded to help Sun up, before clearing his throat. "...sorry...anyway, back to the seriousness of the moment." This situation, did sort of put the whole original plan out of whack. But...then again...improvisation was the name of the game.

With a snap of his fingers and a whistle, his spiders emerged and immediately began to web up his hands and feet. Multi-Threader exhaled again before rushing in the direction of a wall, to which he jumped and began to scale the wall and the ceiling, all the while attempting to leave some of his spiders on the way. "Be on the standby, guys. The moment she tries to follow or anything, the trap will be set. I'm going to make sure this works." he communicated to his spiders, as a few already began to work on trying to make webs to possibly be a hindrance to the bear.

Not long after this was all done, Multi-Threader remained on the ceiling, chuckling down at Xiónglǎohǔ. "So...any chance I could request that you come up here and fight like a spider?" he said, playing decoy until the others were ready to strike.

Shockingly it seemed the teacher did know something. Specifically that the alternative condition was to get a case and put a number in. That seemed far too easy so Rei was certain there was more to it than that. It would be over fast if all she had to do was grab onto something so small and portable.

"Alright let's get this over with." Rei said as they went off to the location of their test.

Even Rei had heard about Ruby Heart's hero exploits here and there. She hadn't heard that she had such an...unusual costume, however. After the woman explained things she realized that her teacher wasn't a deviant. Instead she was just really overly dramatic. Was the story meant to scare them? Make them feel worried that she was so strong she had to hold back?

It all felt weirdly self-congratulatory to her.

Still it was annoying that the case wasn't out in the open. It meant someone would have to find it before they could really get this thing won. Not only that but there was a time limit. Which meant if she wanted to avoid anyone getting hurt she would, perhaps ironically, have to go on the attack.

"This is going to suck." she muttered. The hero immediately launched an attack on them. Which Hakaro responded to startlingly fast. It should give her at least a moment to get things started.

"The case is hidden, still plan on playing pacifist? We could use your quirk!"

"I never said pacifist, idiot, I only said I wasn't going to injure her." She only had a moment to think. They were on a street. With boarded up buildings on either side. She had no idea where the case was hiding so for someone to find it they would have to buy time.

And unfortunately she realized she could do that herself.

With a sigh Rei nodded to herself. Then she snapped at the others "Don't waste this chance." And then she began.

Plan Start

With one of her Invisiarms Rei grabbed onto the nearest light post. Gripping it tightly she yanked herself towards it and out of the path of her teacher's attack. She could feel her body screaming at her for the sudden impact but she couldn't stop there. As she moved she reached out with her other "arm" and grabbed onto the next closest light. Which was located behind where the teacher stood.

Letting go of the first she, in mid-air, yanked herself that way instead. Concentration was difficult with the rapid speed and sudden direction shift but she managed to steady herself enough to bring the other arm towards the teacher.

Increasing its size she grabbed around the teacher's middle and gripped her as she soared on past and towards the other light post.

"Come on teach, let's go on a trip." She said through gritted teeth. Pulling the weight of the teacher, and all that gear, was kind of painful. Her headache had formed quickly and was only growing but she kept her grip. All she had to do was keep the teacher away and, hopefully, the others could come up with something from there.

If not at least she could say she tried. Group projects were so dumb.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

As they approached the testing ground, Rika took a quick breath and closed her eyes. It was sorta nerve inducing, she hadn't had that much time to prepare for something like this. A week, in the grand scheme of things, wasn't much time to adapt to fighting a much more established hero. Teacher. Panda. Before they reached the destination, Rika kicked off her shoes behind her, they were an old pair, not important, she needed full access to her claws for this. She had some trouble figuring out the best way to hide the spiders on her person for the time being, ultimately deciding to have them around her back, hidden by her hair, was probably the best. This would keep them hidden from Xiónglǎohǔ for now, hopefully.

With them entering the building, they were met by the stretching Hero in front of them... And then a sudden jump forward. Rika immediately jumped back as she watched the panda hero lunge towards the largest member of their group. Maybe she picked him to avoid getting a sucker punch off on someone more fragile. Like her face... Rika's eyes still narrowed though, that wasn't the plan. Sun was supposed to keep her occupied, that wasn't good, so... Instead with a sudden lurch forward, Rika's maw opened up and her tongue attempted to curl around the panda's arm midsentence.

She didn't expect this to actually work, but she needed to do something. She couldn't let the teacher think, even for a moment, she wasn't going to put up the damnedest fight she had in her. With that tongue lashing forward, she lowered her body down to the ground, her fingertips mashed against the floor below her suddenly. The tiny claws began to burrow their way into it, locking her in place... At least, sorta locking her in place.

But as the tongue would have made impact, the panda dodged deftly and grabbed it, grinning as she yanked it. Rika narrowed her eyes from the quick grab to the tongue as it lashed out, her fingers sinking down against the ground a little more firmly. She kept herself lowered down, waiting to see what would happen from there. Unfortunately for her, it was claws digging into her tongue. Rika gave a wince as the claws dug into it, but her grip on the floor tightened as her tongue seemed to go slack… And then a tug in the panda’s grip started, the muscle attempting to retract. Xiónglǎohǔ’s response was to let go, letting the tongue snap back to its owner.

With that, it quickly pulled right back to her maw, Rika’s grip on the ground letting go as she stood back up and narrowed her eyes. She had expected more of a retaliation. The claws hurt, but it wasn’t a very proactive move in that situation. 

"So...any chance I could request that you come up here and fight like a spider?" 

“Nah, you should try bamboo instead. Pretty good for ya!”

While the panda had responded, her focus hadn’t shifted from the ones on the ground. The only solution to this matter was obvious, Rika immediately turned and dug her claws into the wall behind her, scrambling her way up it and across the ceiling. As she moved, her skin began to shift hues to match the material behind her. Her outfit might not be a perfect match, but it did mean the panda would have to put a bit more focus into spotting her. Potentially that would give the others an opening somewhere. If she stayed observing the others... Maybe she could get the jump on Xiónglǎohǔ herself.

──── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ────

dianabannerneo.png

If Diana had lacked confidence in the group at the start, she certainly did after what she learned from her Googol searches. There was no way they could overcome that. Even as they stood at the gates, Diana just shook in her boots. Sure, she had told the rest of the group that she felt like Nat was their only chance... The others seemed excited, but there was no way this would go according to plan. Even the support items she had asked for, some shotput balls, a javelin made of magnesium alloys, and a mask themed around her namesake to cover her face, barely managed to calm her nerves. Especially considering the rest of the outfit was just her gym uniform...

And then, it began.

"welcome 1-A. I, Hemlock, will be your mock villain for the day." Gesturing to herself, the woman's smile broke into a more concerned expression as she said, "though, I feel the need to apologize to all of you. It wasn't really my idea to be a part of this exam, as I'm not normally a hero that does much fighting. So, I regret to inform you of all of the teachers that are taking part in this exam I'm most definitely the weakest. Sorry if that disappoints you." Picking up the brief case by her side with one of her bare hands, the girl presented it to the other students, "oh, but you're all looking for this too right? Please, still try your best and go for the win!"  The woman giggled as she gave a reassuring smile to them.

Aside from the odd sense of familiarity she always felt around Ms. Yuuka, the humility the teacher showed only served to worsen her fears. The best she could hope to be right now was a distraction, but that came with risks. Clenching her fists tight, and giving them both a look, the student spoke softly.

"I'll head on out. Everyone, [I'm counting on you.]"

She wouldn't get seriously hurt. It was just a mock battle. There was no way that she could actually be harmed... Right? Taking a deep breath and pulling the lance from her back, the hero-in-training pointed it directly at Hemlock.

"[I am Seigi no Hiiro - Artemis Justice, and I AM JUST FINE!] I'll be the one to take the case from you, teacher!" she roared, the mask seemingly causing a bit of an echo effect as she spoke up. She surged forward with the javelin at the ready... but as she approached Hemlock, she still wasn't sure if her heart was really in it. But, with no other choice, Artemis Justice vaulted herself into the air with her weapon, Diana pulled back her left hand and grit her teeth, aiming for the teacher's arm holding the case, the only hope she had riding on her team.

"Well, if that's all the questions, I guess it's time to start this!" Dreadbolt reached out a hand to lean on a signpost, which promptly fell apart and to the ground, causing him to lose his balance and fall as well. "Just uh... Ignore you guys saw that, gahaaa..." Dusting himself off, he handed small maps to each of the four groups. "Here you guys go, this should show where each of your exams are being held. Try not to go in guns-blazing, I think the teachers might want to say something before the fight starts. They are educators, after all."

Takehiko gave a small nod to Dreadbolt as he passed, donning his hero costume that was a rather simple blue outfit, not unlike what one might see on a male idol he supposed. It kept an earpiece but he felt it made him look more approachable, even as he made his way to the test venue with his team.

“Students...while I’m not obligated to say this, I will remind you that you are to come at me with everything you have. Do not hold back on my part...otherwise...” Page Master closed the book loudly before adjusting his glasses slightly, the light glaring off the lenses as he addressed the students he was needing to deal with.

“...you will fail this exam. Plain and simple. Now, if there are no further questions or concerns...” Page Master paused before opening the book once more and immediately pulling something out from the pages. “Pop-Up Style: Hounds of Baskerville!”

J'adoube instinctively felt himself get into a more defensive position, watching as the hounds materialized in paper form although there seemed to be no attacks incoming as of yet... That's when he spotted that the briefcase currently in the clutches of his teacher, "Damn... there went that idea..." He seemed a bit annoyed at the teacher holding the objective on their person, as though he hadn't expected it. He tapped his earpiece for a moment, muttering something before returning his gaze to the objective.

In the shadowed corner of a nearby building another J'adoube glanced around the corner, tapping back before slipping back into the building, as though searching for a way to higher ground. Before long Takehiko glanced to the rest of his team, "I should have immediate information if he leaves to another vicinity as long as my Pawn can spot him from a building vantage point. I thought he'd be guarding it somewhere behind him but looks like he's comfortable keeping it on his person... Ah, damnit, makes this a lot more stressful. I don't know if -I- can take a hit, so try to protect me to keep flow of info incoming, yeah?" He'd give a smile to the other members of his group, as though he were trying to insinuate this one speaking was a Pawn. He'd just have to hope they could catch on he supposed.

"God it sucks going into this knowing the enemy has perfect info. Alright Page Master, let's see if you've read the Art of War against Team Rooking Memories!" He grinned as 7 pawns gathered around him, making a defensive wall with each one moving in front of the others. The one directly in front as the first line of defense having equipped itself with a rather large stick! "We'll poke for openings, get in attacks while he's distracted!"

Edited by PhoenixOfCute