Sign in to follow this  
Rinne

Into the Breach (please lock)

(If you can't see this right, switch to the default skin.)

This is a spiritual successor to my Titans: Legacy RP: hopefully I'll correct some of the mistakes I made in hosting this time around.

into the breach

a young avengers-inspired roleplay

1. char 1
  2. char 2
  3. char 3
  4. char 4
  5. char 5
  6. char 6

WHAT WE FOUND THERE...

Extraordinary individuals on Earth have existed since the beginning of recorded history, or even before then. As long as man has looked up at the stars and wondered what higher powers exist out there, there have been a select chosen few who can bridge that gap. Gifted with powers, whether supernatural, technological, alien, or simply exceptional among humanity; they have rode the crest of the wave of history, shaping it at every turn... whether for good or for evil.

Over the last few centuries, as the modern geopolitical sphere solidifies, so does the culture of superheroes. Multiple groups arise, each one policing their corner of the globe, trying to stay disentangled from the worries of the rest of the world. There are so many, in fact, that it took a few days before the full picture came together one hot summer day in 2018.

Seven young heroes, vanished into thin air. And when they return, the stories they tell will only be overshadowed by the secrets they keep...

GUIDELINES

Please read and understand NCM and section rules before posting.

You have creative freedom when making your character, but please remember that GM word is final, and you may be asked to change things if deemed necessary. There's a fine line between over-the-top and just plain silly: I expect you to know where that lies. I won't be restricting your potential powers, but please be reasonable and consider how your character's abilities will work in the context of an RP.

(Note: Characters with a "cosmic" origin or power source, ex. aliens or Green Lantern-esque heroes, must be cleared by me prior to applying, and will be held to greater scrutiny.)

Being accepted into this RP means that you are committed to seeing it advance. If you end up falling inactive, you may be dismissed from participating. When posting, please let at least two people go before you before posting again; and aim to post at least once a week. If for some reason you'll need to be inactive for an extended period, please let the hosts know so they can write around your absence.

As of right now, I only want one character per player. If you are competing for a particular position against another applicant... well, tough. I'll pick applications based on how I think the characters will overlap and interact with one another--we're following the trope of Superhero Speciation. Finally, six characters max will be on the Young Guardians, meaning I'll only accept five other players.

THE WORLD + WORLDBUILDING

tbd

timeline

This is by no means a complete history: feel free to expand on it in your app. (Please forgive my poor attempts at Google Translating Russian.)

1900's While empowered individuals as a concept have existed since the dawn of time, the idea of costumed villains and vigilantes only became culturally widespread with the advances of the 20th century.1940 The "Golden Age" of superheroics begins a year into the Second World War: this was when heroes were deployed to the front lines for the first time as tactical ultimatums. The war ends with a two-pronged attack. The French Légion de la Gloire and the British Division 10 moved in the Western theater, and the Soviet красные знаменосцы (Red Pennants) and American Sentinels took the East. Notably, this avoided the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Rather, the trigger for the Axis' surrender was when a Soviet hero named Огненное Знамя (Fiery Banner) went insane and razed the city of Dresden to the ground, incinerating nearly one million Germans. (He would later be executed for war crimes, which set off future international tensions.)Sep 2, 1945 After the end of the war, the primary world powers gathered at Dresden to sign into account the Dresden Accords, a list of rules for deploying superheroes under national orders. As a result, heroing became a mostly-national phenomenon: international scenarios were rare to the point of irrelevance.mid-1950's An unintended consequence of the Accords was the rise of global super-crime, mostly by the shadowy organization M.I.S.T. Against the tension of the Cold War, which was only held at bay by the tenuous balance of powers, this globespanning group plundered and spread terror, lead by the mysterious and charismatic Gray Mask. These two factors are considered to be the beginning of the "Bronze Age" of heroes, where realpolitik eclipsed a unifying foe.Mar 4, 1983 This state of uncertainty fell with a bang! with the invasion of the K'rrik, a race of insectoid aliens looking to strip Earth of her resources and subjugate her citizens. Humanity suddenly found they were not alone: and although they unified in the face of such evil, they were on the back foot of a number of days until the arrival of the Cosmic Legion (name subject to change).Mar 17, 1983 The tide turned, and within two weeks the K'rrik invaders were beaten back, but at the cost of millions of casualties. March 17th became the Day of Memory, an international holiday to commemorate the loss of life. A side effect of the Legion's new presence on Earth was the acceleration of spacefaring technologies, letting humanity quickly establish lunar and Martian outposts.JUNE 2018 A group of seven young superheroes make their first entry into the Otherworld after being abducted in their sleep. One of their number is killed by monsters shortly after arrival, dropping the count to six.JULY? 2018 Present day... maybe? Time's passage is dreamlike and uncertain in the Otherworld, so it's a best guess that it's been a month.

application code

tbd

the young guardians

Your Name

test

Your Name

test

Your Name

test

Your Name

test

Your Name

test

Your Name

test

skull kid

Momotaro Yamaga (山賀百太郎), a shadow-sneaking rogue on the run from his past in the Yakuza. KIA in the Otherworld.
played by: NPC
banner image by ctreus lex, coding by rinne. please don't copy, rip, or use for your own purposes.
Edited by Rinne

25 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

Do you have any reservations regarding patamilitant heroes?

I assume you mean "paramilitant" (and not patamilitant by means of pataphysical), so just give me a bit more context on what you're thinking?

33 minutes ago, Rinne said:

I assume you mean "paramilitant" (and not patamilitant by means of pataphysical), so just give me a bit more context on what you're thinking?

Sorry I'm on mobile. That is what I meant. I'm thinking a young prodigy who turns military but leaves the armed forces, turns activist, and pursues hero work with a hidden agenda.

26 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

Sorry I'm on mobile. That is what I meant. I'm thinking a young prodigy who turns military but leaves the armed forces, turns activist, and pursues hero work with a hidden agenda.

Go for it!

Interested and willing to play Nano again, if acceptable. If not, I'd still like to be the shapeshifter again.

Edited by ChampionZero

On 7/5/2020 at 9:00 AM, ChampionZero said:

Interested and willing to play Nano again, if acceptable. If not, I'd still like to be the shapeshifter again.

Who was the shapeshifter?

And should be okay either way, just remember to adapt them appropriately. ?

Hey guys, fyi that I'm prolly gonna close the interest check this time next week. If there are less than 5 interested folks, I'll just drop the rp.

Closing due to obvious lack of interest. Maybe another time.