Sign in to follow this  
The Old Charlelot

"Familiar-Possessed" Support, because they still need it even after getting a Structure Deck [Written]

Hey everyone,

So, I really don’t think I am exaggerating much when I say that the “Charmers” and “Familiar-Possessed” are almost universally loved by the entire Yu-Gi-Oh community. Some of us who have been here for a while remember when they first came out in the GX era and have been watching their painfully slow evolution over the years; patiently waiting for the time we would be able to use them in a real duel. Needless to say that, when Konami FINALLY decided to give us what we all wanted, an entire Structure Deck complimenting the “Charmers”, I was ecstatic to say the least. Now that I have seen the entire list, I regret ever getting exited for this. I mean, only 5 new card to compliment this old and very slow archetype? With only a handful of them being actually useful in a modern duel? Really Konami ? The Sacred Beast Deck got 8 new cards, all of them excellent. Sure, they may have made new artworks for the “Familiar-Possessed” and a few exquisitely designed Tokens, but those things don’t make the deck playable against newer archetypes do they? So I began to work on ideas on what this deck needs to work somewhat against things like “Shaddolls”, “Salamangreat” and the like. This is what I came up with for now. I tried to keep a little of the Toolbox-ish / klunky aspect of the original “Charmers” while providing more field control for an archetype that relies so heavily on Normal Summoning.

So that the end of my rant. Have a look and tell me what you guys think.

Monsters Cards:

Spoiler

Unielle, the Familiar-Possessed Charmer

Level 6 LIGHT Spellcaster/Effect

ATK 1850 DEF 1500

(You can always substitute this card for any 1 “Charmer” monster for the Special Summon of a “Familiar-Possessed” monster.)

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of that target while this card is face-up, also, during the turn you use this effect, you cannot use monsters on your field as Materials for Summons, except “Possessed”, “Charmer” and/or Level 4 monsters with 1500 original ATK/200 original DEF. If you control a face-up “Possessed” or “Charmer” card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, but its effect is negated, also, banish it when it leaves the field, except if you control a “Charmer” or “Possessed” monster. You can only use each effect of “Unielle, the Familiar-Possessed Charmer” once per turn.

Mantighern

Level 4 LIGHT Insect/Effect

ATK 1500 DEF 200

You can only control 1 “Mantighern”. If you control a Spellcaster monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you control a face-up Spellcaster monster with 1500 DEF: You can make your opponent chose 1 monster they control; switch control of that monster and this card with each other. You can only use this effect of “Mantighern” once per turn. If this card leaves the field and is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster with 1500 DEF from your hand or Deck in Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

Spells Cards:

Spoiler

Boundaries of the Possessed

Quick-Play Spell Card

Activate while you control monsters with 2 or more different Attributes, including a “Charmer” or “Possessed” monster. Each player can only control 1 monster of each Attribute until the end of the turn. If a player controls 2 or more monsters with the same Attribute, they must send some to the GY so they control no more than 1 monster of that Attribute. During the turn you activate this effect, the effects of cards in the GY cannot be activated, except “Possessed” cards and/or Level 4 monsters with 1500 ATK/200 DEF. If this card is destroyed by a card effect and is sent from the field to the GY: You can add up to 2 “Charmer” and/or “Possessed” cards from your GY to your hand, except “Boundaries of the Possessed”.

Trap Cards:

Spoiler

Release of the Possessed

Counter Trap Card

You can only activate 1 “Release of the Possessed” per turn. If you control monsters with 2 or more different Attributes, including a “Charmer” or “Possessed” monster, you can activate this card from your hand. This turn, each time your opponent Special Summons a monster: You can Special Summon 1 “Possessed” monster with the same Attribute from your hand, Deck or GY, but its effect is negated, also, your opponent cannot Special Summon any other monsters with the same Attribute until the end of the turn. You can banish this card from your GY: This turn, the effects of “Possessed” cards in your possession that could only be used once per turn can be used up to twice per turn.

Extra Deck:

Spoiler

Unielle, First of the Familiar-Possessed

Level 8 DARK Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect

ATK 1850 DEF 1500

1 Spellcaster monster + 1 monster your opponent owns

Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards your control to the GY. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card gains 300 ATK/DEF for each different Attribute you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 other monster from your field or GY with either 1500 ATK or DEF, then, depending on that monster’s Type, activate 1 of these effects:

• Spellcaster: Special Summon either 1 Level 4 monster with 1500 ATK/200 DEF or 1 “Awakened-Possessed” monster from your hand, Deck or GY with the same Attribute as the target (it is treated as having been Special Summoned by its own effect).
  • Non-Spellcaster: Special Summon 1 “Familiar-Possessed” monster from your hand, Deck or GY with the same Attribute as the target.