Blake

Yu-Gi-Oh! Cosmic Path [IC/PG-16]

cosmicpathbannerpotentialfinal.png

In year 20XX, Duel Monsters has continued to work towards its latest and greatest evolution! Each of the headlining events of the past, such as Action Duels, Turbo Duels, and even Deck Masters are the headlining events of major tournaments for the world’s most popular sport, with duelists specializing in each! But the real stars are those who participate in Team Duels, matches that feature multiple types of duels at a time!

The stage is set. The players are gathered. Their story shall now begins.

-----

4:30 PM, February 22, 20XX

vegabanner2.png

"Alrighty then! We've got about a week left, so we should get as much practice in as possible, yeah!?"

Everyone sat at a round table, much like those you'd find in a school cafeteria, as Vega excitedly pumped a fist into the air, grinning ear to ear. The room looked fairly basic, other than windows on the wall behind Vega and the one she was facing. If one looked out of the former set of windows, they would find a small parking lot a story below, with snow lining the road and the area around it, though the lot itself was clear.

Opposite of that view, the other set of windows looked down into a decently sized auditorium, enough room to hold a few duels in... although not quite large enough to practice anything other than Standard Duels. The rest of the room the group sat in was rather plain, other than a sink and a fridge in one corner, with a small file cabinet in the opposite corner, close to the stairwell door.

"We also don't have a team name yet, but I'm sure Ms. Eda can whip something up for us, even if we don't quite get one in time. So, I was thinking... Whyyy don't we pull sticks and duel against whoever? Y'know, instead of sticking to the others who know our style best. I even have some popsicle sticks ready!" Vega reached into the purse sitting next to her on the floor, triumphantly holding her fist out with 6 sticks in it, sure enough. "I marked two of them with blue, to face off first, another two with red for second, and left two of them unmarked. Sounds like fun, yeah?"

-----

OOC

And we begin!

The stick your character draws should be sent to your discord soon. Also, these will not be full duels, except for the last one. Instead, I would say that each of you should do about one turn. Whether you want to collab with one of you doing the first turn and the other doing the last, or just do the two final turns, or even just do the two first turns and then cut to the end and say who won, that's up to you and your partner.

Other than the duel between our last two, this should mostly be a time used for getting a feel for how characters mesh in canon. Posting rounds will be loose up until the end of this first event, but if you want to go ahead and have some time discussing things with a teammate, by all means. Character interaction is most important, at this time.

As for the building, beyond the descriptor of the room and the auditorium, it's basically just a small office. For background info, since your team has yet to make a name for themselves and are unable to afford an actual permanent place to practice from, you guys are renting an office with a gym in the same building. You get to the gym on day a week, as-is, and even that's thanks to your manager. It's a bit cramped, but it's a space that's all yours.

With that, good luck to all, and happy posting!

Cupping her hands around the stick, blocking it out of view for all but her, Chloe tilts her head down and looks over at the color quickly. Blue? I wonder who else got this color. Chloe darts her eyes around the room to peer over each of her teammates, trying to catch a glimpse of everyone else’s color. More importantly, trying to see specifically who she got paired with without letting anyone else know that they got paired with her.

Without much success in this task, she lets out a soft sigh before anyone speaks: “Uh, guys, I got…blue”. Spoken under her breathe, just above a mumble. Maybe no one heard her, even if she was more worried about who she paired with than letting someone know that she blue. Quickly, he lifts her hand holding the blue stick just above her head, bending her elbow outward as if she was distancing herself from her stick, from any position that involved being paired with someone and doing something that involved someone else. But that was inevitable, she was a part of this team, and she wanted to be here even if her demeanor said otherwise.

She just sat, curling herself down into the seat while her arm stood slightly above her; Chloe wanted people to see the stick she had, she wanted to try and make herself known to the group more than just the quiet one. Chloe hid behind her blushed face, feeling both nervous and embarrassed. At this point, it was a waiting game until the other person who picked blue came forward. And Chloe was one who fell more into her embarrassment the more time attention was drawn to her.

Edited by Hina's Simp

"We also don't have a team name yet, but I'm sure Ms. Eda can whip something up for us, even if we don't quite get one in time. So, I was thinking... Whyyy don't we pull sticks and duel against whoever? Y'know, instead of sticking to the others who know our style best. I even have some popsicle sticks ready! I marked two of them with blue, to face off first, another two with red for second, and left two of them unmarked. Sounds like fun, yeah?"

This was quite the idea to have for today's team meeting...and yet, so just like Vega. The sounds of a pencil was heard for a good portion of the time in the meeting, as Matthew Maddox was finishing up the outline for a research paper he was drafting...just as Vega was holding the popsicle sticks out. The pencil was put down, before Matthew gave a small smile.

"Quite an idea, Vega. These should definitely show for a grand spectacle of Duels, least from what I can tell." Matthew adjusted his glasses and shifted to grab a stick. He kept it's color a secret until all were gone. He awaited for someone to reveal what color they had first, but eventually, the first color was revealed via Chloe.

She held high the popsicle...with the color blue. Now this was an interesting development.

Matthew turned to look at Chloe, before slowly holding up a popsicle with the color blue as well. "Well, it seems like it'll be me and you, Chloe." he said, now twirling the popsicle in his hand some. "I'm excited to see what you'll be throwing out at me today with those HEROs of yours."

Synchro versus Fusion...especially the Fusion Summon style that was "Transformation Summoning"...well at least in the Masked HERO area of it. It would be quite the interesting match, least Matthew thought anyway. He definitely had to be on his toes for this one, he was definitely positive on that front. And perhaps, this might get her to finally break out of that reserved shell of hers...one can only hope.

"Alrighty then! We've got about a week left, so we should get as much practice in as possible, yeah!?"

Kendra groaned gently as she lifted her head up from her spot on the table. She knew it was coming, but that didn't mean she wasn't at least a little bit hopeful that she'd be able to sneak through the day without putting in too much work. She let out a low sigh as she lifted up her hand, "Do we really have to do this today?" She was prepared to accept her fate if she really couldn't escape, but that just meant...

“Of course we do! If not now, then when!?” Vega replied excitedly.

She let out a little sigh as she stood up and made her way towards the fridge to pull it open, grabbing a large can from it that she promptly opened up and started to drink from. Her hand squeezed at the can for a moment, the crinkling sound of the metal as she tightened her grip echoing through the room as she made her way back towards the table.

"-hyyy don't we pull sticks and duel against whoever? Y'know, instead of sticking to the others who know our style best. I even have some popsicle sticks ready! I marked two of them with blue, to face off first, another two with red for second, and left two of them unmarked. Sounds like fun, yeah?"

Sticks. She let out a little sigh as she waited for others to grab their own stick, before grabbing one herself. She tugged it up to take a look at the color, but as she did the first pair was already made. Chloe and Matt were the first to go... That's unfortunate. She woulda rather just got it out of the way once she knew there was no way out of it.

...Second though, it'll work. She held up the end of the Popsicle with the color marker on it, Red. Not optimal, she wanted her work to be over, that's all. "Looks like I'm going second... Which one of you has the other red?"

Amely gave a small giggle at Vega's excitement, shifting around in the 'outfit' she typically wore to these meetings, a custom-fitted suit of armor. She only ever wore it when she was dealing with the card game but... it was still pretty frequent!

"I do believe it would definitely be in our best interests to practice as much as possible."

"We also don't have a team name yet, but I'm sure Ms. Eda can whip something up for us, even if we don't quite get one in time. So I was thinking... Whyyy don't we pull sticks and duel against whoever? Y'know, instead of sticking to the others who know our style best. I even have some popsicle sticks ready! I marked two of them with blue, to face off first, another two with red for second, and left two of them unmarked. Sounds like fun, yeah?"

Amely seems to blink for a moment as she pulls one of the red sticks, looking over as... Kendra pulled out yet -another- sugar drink. She gave a small sigh, reaching into a slip in her armor that could be used as a pocket and writing something.

"Kendra, it appears that we'll be the one's facing off in combat for this session! Although..." Amely puffs her cheeks out, "If he wasn't here already I'd suggest a re-draw because we all know Matt would totally be late and hold the rest of us up! But I suppose if we're doing it immediately it's not a massive issue..."

boink.jpg

"...and so that's when I said, 'That's not a Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon, that's a Two-Mouth Darkruler!' and he practically collapsed from embarrassment! Aaaaa~Ha~Ha~Haaa~!" Astrid Helvig slammed a fist onto the table for impact as she capped off her story, firing her almost witch-like cackle directly to the ceiling. Unfortunately, it seemed her audience, a teammate by the name of Kendra, had slept through the entire thing! Ah, no matter, I'm sure she'd love to hear it again when she wakes. It was at about this point that the wild card Vega stood up and addressed the group.

"Alrighty then! We've got about a week left, so we should get as much practice in as possible, yeah!?" As much as the two disagreed in philosophy, Astrid had to admit that Vega had a powerful driving force within her, powerful enough even to awaken the Sleeping Beauty beside Astrid. After all, it was no one else but her who put up that sign for Astrid to find on that fateful day, that wondrous day her interest in card games stopped being a distraction and took the center stage, that wondrous, fateful day that- "We also don't have a team name yet, but I'm sure Ms. Eda can whip something up for us, even if we don't quite get one in time. So, I was thinking..." Astrid didn't enjoy having her thoughts interrupted, but seeing as how Vega was the one who had reserved this room for them to use, Astrid figured she would let the giantess talk. This time. "Whyyy don't we pull sticks and duel against whoever? Y'know, instead of sticking to the others who know our style best. I even have some popsicle sticks ready!"

While Astrid was personally annoyed by Vega's habit of inserting question marks everywhere, like she wasn't even sure what she was going to say next, she beamed at the decision to let Fate decide who would duel who. To an outsider, it would appear that Astrid had a love for gambling, but instead she simply took joy in letting the predetermined script decide what came next. After all, it could make no mistake. Stepping up to stand on top of her seat, she reached toward the popsicle stick in Vega's outstretched hand. Though she had intended to appear intimidating, looking down upon her so, their heights actually seemed to match up.

Closing her eyes, she took hold of the stick and pulled it from Vega's hand, "And as Fate would have it, I'm going to duel… You, Vega!" opening her eyes, she saw the colorless popsicle stick, as she new Fate would have determined (not completely without considering that all the others had matched up already). "My eternal rival!"

Edited by (sans Geico)

After an unsuccessful attack with Masked HERO Koga, Chloe felt defeated yet tried to maintain her soft composure. Her shoulders fell as she looked at the battlefield. Matt was surely in the position to turn this duel around, and it had only shown to Chloe that she was not the person worthy enough to be a hero. She hid behind her mask, while her Masked Heroes put theirs on as a display of power. This disconnect ruptured Chloe's focus, left with an almost empty Graveyard and only Masked HERO Koga on the battlefield, it came with no surprise that this might be the end, even if it was just practice.

"I...uh..set two cards facedown..." She whispers, as she slowly draws from her hand the two cards and puts them facedown in a embarrassed manner.

As she looked at her field, she looked down and kept her face on the ground, looming her eyes towards her teammate's feet as they crowd around and watch another moment where Chloe probably made an enormous mistake but it was only her ability that came up short in the end. Maybe it was possible to turn this around; Even if it was possible, it wasn't going to be anything spectacular. Just another cause that ends in no losing, but in no place changes the outcome of this duel if she cannot find it within herself the proper composure to play HEROes properly, even adequately.

With a drastic sigh, she shivers into her speech, "I end...my turn..".

The duel stands. It is up to Matt to make his move. No matter what it is, Chloe hopes to turn this duel around. That might be the position needed for her to gain a semblance of composure. But relying on the outcome to provide that semblance is something that might never change, Chloe always waiting for the opportunity instead of taking it for herself and knowing in her ability to come out on top. Chloe lifts her eyes while maintaining her tilted head, looking toward Matt and what is going to come of his turn. She just stands there, slouched over and head tilted downwards.

Edited by Hina's Simp

"I end...my turn.."

There was a bit of a sigh that came from Matthew's lips, as the young man looked towards Chloe. It was obvious that she had already decided in her heart that the outcome of this Duel was definitely written in stone. He merely shook his head slightly and proceeded with his turn...the last turn, if anything.

"I activate Twin Twisters, discarding Backup Secretary in order to destroy your face-downs." he said, adjusting his glasses and placing the two cards he had in the graveyard. "It's going to be done this turn...but I must insist to give a few critiques on your manner of playing before I finish it." This was a practice match after all, Matthew saw it as his duty to explain where his opponent fell.

He began to explain that at the beginning of the Duel, there were a few misplays that ended up carrying onward throughout the Duel. He continued on and on, until he got to the previous turn...the one where Chloe summoned Koga. "The most optimal move there, shouldn't have been Koga, while you probably would've been fine...but you see, there were face downs on my side of the field. The smart thing to do, to prepare a field, was first summon Acid to wipe out my Spells and Traps. That move there, would've saved your summon of Masked HERO Dark Law from my Solemn Judgment. Plus, this would've also stopped Infinite Impermanence from keeping Koga's ability locked. If this worked in your favor, you wouldn't have had to attack my Defense Position Multiplication."

Another adjustment of the glasses, Matthew sighed slightly. "Nevertheless, I believe this is the moment where I finish this, although it pains me. Now, I activate Mathmech Equation. This shall bring back my second copy of Geomathmech Magma. Now it has an extra 1000 attack, bringing it to 3500. However, Mathmech Induction is still on the field, meaning it's attack gains an extra 500...4000. As well as this, Induction's skill allows me to discard one card...and now I can destroy Koga."

Another card discarded and now Koga was gone.

"Geomathmech Magma, deliver the final blow against my opponent." Matthew simply said. "Blazing Arithmetic!!" That was that, Magma delivered the 4000 attack damage to the opponent with ease. At the end of it, he could see Chloe cowering from the damage. Once again, he could only sigh as he finished his game, adjusting his glasses slightly. "Chloe, you have to have a lot more confidence in your plays than you do. Even think more ahead than you do as well...as I mentioned, using the right HERO in the right order might've actually worked in a better manner for you. If anything, you might've won the Duel if you tried harder."

....he hoped that didn't come out as him being mean or anything...

Amely glanced towards her set card, giving a small gulp, “My turn, draw!” She ripped the card out of her duel disk, flipping it to give it a glance before turning it around, holding out her hand to the card on the field, “I activate my spell card, Advanced Ritual Art! It allows me to send 1 normal monster from my deck to my graveyard in order to ritual summon a monster that meets that exact level. And so, my honorable opponent, I send the demented warrior: Dark Warrior to his deserved place in the afterlife to bring forth Paladin of Photon Dragon!”

“Next, I shall tribute my new comrade in order to summon a more worthy dragon for the title of knight: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!” She grabbed the Paladin off of her disk before slipping it into her graveyard slot, the Galaxy-Eyes shooting out of her deck and into her hand as she placed it into the field.

“I now activate my spell card, Fulfillment of the Contract, in order to return my honorable knight, Lord of the Red, to his dutiful service!” Her life points drained down from 2500 to 1900, giving a small wince as it did before Lord of the Red was summoned from a burning tablet that appeared on the field!

“Now, Lord of the Red, attack!” She smirks as Lord of the Red was surrounded in a giant blaze before slamming forward and into her opponent, “And now for the roar of the galaxy!” Batteryman D jumped in place, trying to avoid the charge, but ultimately, it was doomed to explode into sparks. She holds an armored hand forward, Galaxy-Eyes Photon dragon rearing back before spewing a beam of spatial energy! 

“And with that magnificent attack, I end my turn!”

Kendra let out a little sigh as her monsters exploded into little particles, it was annoying enough to keep things on the board when all her stuff was tiny. Now Lord of the Red was back and ready to start destroying things whenever she activated a card. “Draw.”

She pulled a card from the top of her deck with a quick pull, turning it over in her hand before promptly sliding it into the disk, “I activate Battery Charger. For a small cost, I can special summon one Batteryman monster from my grave.”

“Ah ah ah, not so fast!” Amely would give a grin as she held out her hand again, “Lord of the Red, destroy her face-down with Knight’s Order!”

Kendra tapped the screen of her disk as the sword lifted up, “I’ll chain it, Portable Battery Pack. With it, I can special summon Batteryman 9-Volt and Batteryman Solar from my Graveyard.”

As she spoke, the blocky battery sprung back onto the board, turning around in the air as a pack of batteries appeared above it, one of them splitting off and thumping against her deck. A single card popped out of it as Kendra tugged it out and revealed it, “When 9-Volt is summoned, I can add one Batteryman from my deck to my hand, and I pick Batteryman AAA… And Solar lets me mill a Batteryman, this time AA.”

Solar turned towards the deck, a beam of electricity sparking from it as a card popped out, which Kendra sent to the grave. “...And with Lord of the Red’s effect resolving, both of them are destroyed.” The batteries on her field began to sputter a bit, little crackles of electric static from them spewing around the field, before they fell over and disappeared, returning to the Graveyard.

“Now, Battery Charger resolves and I can special summon Batteryman AA from my Graveyard. From my hand, Batteryman AAA.” As she summoned them, the two batteries sprung to the field. AA sparked with orange energy, while AAA was surrounded with green on one, and purple on the other, electric sparks crackling more and more… “And when AAA is Normal Summoned, I can special summon another one from the Grave!”

As she spoke another pair of triple A batteries rose up from the ground, matching the first pair that was summoned…

Amely gave a small frown, “Lord of the Red, Knight’s order to destroy Batteryman AA!” She waves her hand as if giving an executive order, before Lord of the Red opened his mouth and a wave of energy came from his mouth in what looked almost like a sonic burst to shatter the Batteryman AA!

Kendra covered her face with her arm at the burst of energy, Batteryman AA getting whisked away into the air as the battery exploded, disappearing into the void as she hummed, “...That was two uses now, right? Right…”

She flicked a card in her hand upwards, showing off what looked like an oversized car battery. “By banishing Batteryman 9-Volt and Batteryman Solar from my graveyard, I can special summon Batteryman Industrial Strength from my hand!” She put the card into play and between the two Batteryman AAA, a hulking, outdated looking hunk of junk began to rise from the ground. Either hand of the machine was holding the metal end of jumper cables, glowing electricity sparking from the ends…

“And to end this. I activate the spell card, Short Circuit!” As she did, Batteryman AAA took their positions on either side of the rolling Industrial Strength, compartments on either side of him opening up to let them inside. As they did, the ends of those jumper cables began to charge with power, before slamming down into the ground. 

“With Short Circuit, all of the cards my opponent controls are destroyed as long as I control three or more Batteryman monsters. Go.” As she gave that order, electric currents charged up from the ground underneath Galaxy Eyes, the projections becoming distorted and bent, colors turning faded in some areas and sharper in others. Lord of the Red was met with a pure explosion of electric energy, shattering in a much more explosive, though less visually impressive display.

“Now, Industrial Strength, attack directly.” One of those hands began to twirl the jumper cable in the air, lashing it forwards towards Amely for the final hit.

Amely’s eyes widened, “My beautiful comraaaaaades!” She’d let out a small scream before dramatically falling on her knees after being electrocuted!

Kendra let out a tiny snicker as she covered her mouth, “...Good game, you’re, uh, gonna be okay, right?” She rubbed at her cheek a tiny bit, before deactivating her duel disk, “...Uh, you two are ready, yeah?” She glanced over at Astrid and Vega, finally she could sit again.

vegabanner2.png

"Chloe, you shouldn't be so down on yourself. You were doing great up until the end, and I'm sure you can turn situations like that around!" Vega flashed the hero duelist a grin as they came back from the duel, "But as for you, Matt... You did well, but you really shouldn't talk down to people mid duel. That's not sportsmanlike or entertaining!"

She waited as she watched the next duel, clapping and cheering all the while, until the second duel ended in Kendra's victory. Vega opened her mouth to congratulate her, but got cut off by the victor.

“...Uh, you two are ready, yeah?” Kendra glanced over at Astrid and Vega.

"Of course! Right, Astrid? Oh, but first, Kendra, great job! And, honestly, you did good, too Amely! Though... Shouldn't you have began the turn with reviving Lord of the Red? Iunno, seems like that would have been better. Anyway, let's go~!"

Vega didn't wait for a reply, instead taking her spot and activating her disk. Once her opponent was ready, the two began, with Vega taking the first turn.

"Good luck, Astrid!" The captain gave her Astrid a thumbs-up, then played her first card. "The wind and clouds whip as the first flame dance begins!" Suddenly, a orb of yellow flame appeared before the girl, before a single spark shot from it to her deck. "I activate Fire Formation - Tenki, which allows me to add Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Dragon from my deck to my hand! Then I'll set a monster, as well as 2 spells and traps, and end my turn. Your go~"