Chaos Sonic

Sonic's Neo New *SNAP* AMA

What is one game dev studio you absolutely don't want to give money to? And what is one that you are always happy to give money to?

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

cake or pie?

Cake...always cake. No question or discussion.

2 hours ago, Yui said:

What is one game dev studio you absolutely don't want to give money to? And what is one that you are always happy to give money to?

That...actually is a hard question.

Guess one game dev studio I don't want to give any money to would be Electronic Arts. Aside from Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, they've had a track record, in my opinion, of having some pretty messed up games. Case in point being Star Wars Battlefront (2015). Given it was a good game for all those involved prior to it's release, after it released...the fact that there was nothing in the content venue for single and multiplayer modes, it sorta flopped. That there is the main reason I have issues with any EA game (with again, Fallen Order being the exception as I've been told a lot of good things about that title).

As for what dev studio am I always happy to give money to? Insomniac Games is one that comes to mind. That studio literally made my childhood with the original (and Reignited) Spyro series, the Ratchet and Clank series and of course the recent Marvel's Spider-Man. It's a good chance that if Insomniac makes a game, it's going to be a good one and with the titles I've played of them, I'd happily give them more of my money just to play more of their products.

26 minutes ago, DragonSage said:

Have you watched any Real-Time Fandub?

Who hasn't? Though, the only one that really matters is the gem that is Sonic Adventure 2!

Just now, Damian Thorne said:

Have you watched Naruto?

The better question is who hasn't? Trick question, a lot.

But in general, yes, I watched Naruto back during it's popularity. Though after watching a few episodes, I ended up going to the manga and read all the way to Shippuden. Imagine my surprise when I noticed all the filler arcs that popped in. It was definitely a good idea to read it rather than watch...cause the filler arcs were just, meh to me.

And before you ask: no I haven't watched or read Boruto. I sorta refuse with that. Naruto the Last Movie/the final episodes of Shippuden was pretty much the end of that whole series for me, no reason to continue onward.

2 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

The better question is who hasn't? Trick question, a lot.

But in general, yes, I watched Naruto back during it's popularity. Though after watching a few episodes, I ended up going to the manga and read all the way to Shippuden. Imagine my surprise when I noticed all the filler arcs that popped in. It was definitely a good idea to read it rather than watch...cause the filler arcs were just, meh to me.

And before you ask: no I haven't watched or read Boruto. I sorta refuse with that. Naruto the Last Movie/the final episodes of Shippuden was pretty much the end of that whole series for me, no reason to continue onward.

Oh, that's cool! In my opinion, watching the anime and reading the manga are basically the same except for the filler.

I'm gonna be honest, though, I'm enjoying the filler arcs so far. It's interesting to learn more about this fantastical recreation of feudal Japan, and the arcs aren't really that bad. So far, anyway. I'm only up to the big race in the Land of Tea.

Anyway, who would you have said was your favorite character by the time you got to where I am? (No spoilers for me!)

1 minute ago, Damian Thorne said:

Oh, that's cool! In my opinion, watching the anime and reading the manga are basically the same except for the filler.

I'm gonna be honest, though, I'm enjoying the filler arcs so far. It's interesting to learn more about this fantastical recreation of feudal Japan, and the arcs aren't really that bad. So far, anyway. I'm only up to the big race in the Land of Tea.

Anyway, who would you have said was your favorite character by the time you got to where I am? (No spoilers for me!)

Unsure if you happen to be familiar with me (since I noticed you were from the days of YCM, given the introduction) but I'm generally typecasted as a Shonen Protagonist, so naturally in terms of things, I liked Naruto (namely him in Shippuden when he got way cooler and the power ups) and the Fourth Hokage.

Aside from him, from day one I actually enjoyed Shikamaru. The whole Shadow Possession Jutsu and his intellect was actually something that I thought was pretty amazing. Plus, with him immediately being promoted to Chuunin was amazing to me as well. Plus he gets way cooler down the line, but as you said: No spoilers.

8 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Unsure if you happen to be familiar with me (since I noticed you were from the days of YCM, given the introduction) but I'm generally typecasted as a Shonen Protagonist, so naturally in terms of things, I liked Naruto (namely him in Shippuden when he got way cooler and the power ups) and the Fourth Hokage.

Aside from him, from day one I actually enjoyed Shikamaru. The whole Shadow Possession Jutsu and his intellect was actually something that I thought was pretty amazing. Plus, with him immediately being promoted to Chuunin was amazing to me as well. Plus he gets way cooler down the line, but as you said: No spoilers.

Hmm, interesting...

8 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Rank the 5 flavors of food

Sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami (savory)

Yeesh...what kind of question be this sorcery? Anyway...guess it would be (1 is top and 5 is no bueno):

1. Sweet
  2. Salty
  3. Savory
  4. Sour
  5. Bitter

Salty and sweet usually goes hand in hand with me, so yeah that's why they're at the top there.

8 hours ago, radio414 said:

What do (or did) you want to be when you grow up?

A good question, a very good one.

That had an answer that spread out quite a bit since I was young. First it was a superhero (like almost every child wants to be), then it was a firefighter or a police officer and even an astronaut. Unfortunately, I also found out those were some of the careers that would end up being very life threatening, according to my dad. However, I finally settled on one thing: computer work. My late father was an IT wiz and could do a bunch of things I never thought could happen. Originally I thought he just played video games all day, but found out that wasn't the case. Regardless, still wanted to be like him.

Jump forward and I've already gotten my Associates Degree in Information Systems and my Bachelor's of Professional Studies in Information Technology. Downside, I'm just not on the same level as my dad was. I'll get there sooner or later, just waiting and trying my best over here.

1 hour ago, Comrade Duck said:

So how HAVE things been going for you? I'd love to catch up with you.

I'm just making it man. Dunno how, but I'm making it.

It's almost April and it's the 1 year anniversary of me losing my IT job and of me losing my dad, so that's going to be extremely difficult on me. Regardless, I'm still going strong...as strong as I can be. Still in the RP game, finally got my one project up and running and have Grimm Nights finally going, this time with a much better storyline and ideas going forward (huge thanks to Sai and Yui for it). Still no job, but it's good...just trying every job application I can to get something. Doubt I'll get anything yet, due to this virus thing...but who knows.

Also had to deal with my brother breaking up with his girlfriend...which ended up being a HUGE toxic relationship...and he ended up coming out better from it. And now he's got himself another girlfriend, who happens to be almost light years ahead of his previous one.

Sorta rambling at this point, but like I said: I'm just making it.

15 hours ago, MetalSonic said:

Would you rather watch the anime or read the manga?

I would say it depends really. Both are actually pretty good sources of medium for this.

Reading the manga, you get ahead of the anime and know what to expect and what will come to pass through the series. However, while the art styles and the feelings from reading the manga are one thing...there are more moments that are even more emphasized through anime. Allow me to explain further with an illustration, to go with something very simple.

Take the Dragon Ball Z scene from the Namek/Frieza Saga. The one scene everyone knows and has struck everyone straight to the core: Son Goku's first transformation into a Super Saiyan.

The Manga

Spoiler

1476232797197.png?fit=860,641&ssl=1

Now you see, with the manga, there isn't much of a progression and we barely have time to truly feel what Goku feels...yes, this is probably how it was intended, seeing as we can easily feel the hate and anger he felt for losing Krillin, due to those who read from Dragon Ball to Z have been with both Goku and Krillin through the entire time.

The Anime

Spoiler

Now...take that same manga idea...and put it to anime. Truth be told, the scene struck harder in the anime form...and this was before I learned about just the original Dragon Ball anime prior to Z. Like a good portion of Americans, I was introduced to this from Z and that was my exposure. So just learning about the characters in this capacity, I was already loving them...then came the iconic scene, which looked AMAZING!

Looking at this...you can 100% feel the rage and anger...you can hear it in almost every word that Goku utters out. That and while accompanied with the American version of the OST, it made things even more intense. Not only that, they had a lot more ability with visuals to show that the shit hit the fan and that this was definitely a turning point to the series.

In short, both are essential...but I do prefer to watch it via the anime. Only because reading the manga can give you the basics and generally let your imagination take hold in these fights. But...seeing them animated and with the different visuals given, it makes things even better and it basically hypes you up in certain situations as well.

1 hour ago, radio414 said:

You already answered cake or pie, but is there a sweet that triumphs over both? Or is it still just cake?

Won't lie...cake is still number one here...but it becomes greatly assisted if there's Ice Cream involved.

I've spoiled myself when I was younger on having both at the same time...all the different birthdays I've had and have been invited to...a slice of cake and a nice bowl of ice cream...it's just something that really drives my sweet tooth insane. But it's got to be cake and ice cream separate. I've never exactly been a fan of ice cream cake, due to it just not having the same taste as a regular baked cake with ice cream. Once again, might've just been spoiled with the classics there.

What obscure word (not used in everyday conversation) has your favorite meaning?

1 hour ago, Yui said:

What obscure word (not used in everyday conversation) has your favorite meaning?

Hmmm...this is a hard one...but I've got something. I present to you, the obscure word: Schwa.

Schwa, for a shortened version of the definition is just this: "ə". Honestly, I didn't know what this was before and after a few videos of some Let's Players that ended up just saying something regarding it and actually gave out what this was called...I found it quite humorous that this was actually given a proper name rather than just "upside down E".

What is your favorite language that you don't understand? Besides Japanese, you fucking weeb.

8 hours ago, Yui said:

What is your favorite language that you don't understand? Besides Japanese, you fucking weeb.

EASY! JAP-.... Glances again at the question ...hmph...your no fun xD

A language aside from Japanese that I don't understand that is my favorite? Hmmmm...I would say it would be either French or Italian. Both of those languages happen to be pretty interesting to me, if only due to the specific locations they happen to originate in (plus playing Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations helped my like for Italian). I would've said Spanish, but I had to take that for high school and Rosetta Stone with that one pissed me off to the high heavens with that, so it's out of the running.

Final answer: French or Italian.

Which do you think would be easier? Ed, Edd, and Eddy scamming Goku out of a dragonball or them scamming Sonic out of a chaos emerald?

16 minutes ago, MetalSonic said:

Which do you think would be easier? Ed, Edd, and Eddy scamming Goku out of a dragonball or them scamming Sonic out of a chaos emerald?

Hmmm...weird flex but okay.

Honestly, it depends on one factor for the EEE...is the Goku dubbed by the same VA for Rolf in this scenario? Also, it would be better for the Chaos Emerald scenario if it was Knuckles, cause ya know...he loses the emeralds like crazy.

Without any of the factors, I don't think either would be easier due to Goku not giving these guys the time of day with their weak Power Levels, and Sonic wouldn't give them the time of day with him speeding off everywhere. It's sort of an impossible scenario...