Chaos Sonic

Sonic's Neo New *SNAP* AMA

Let's have some fun with these, shall we?

2 hours ago, Comrade Duck said:

What's your favorite non-Marvel Disney film?

Okay, so let's go with this...I'll be breaking things down into Live Action and Animated for this category...since it's generally just Disney films. And by this, I mean ONLY Disney films...meaning nothing from Ghibli nor 20th Century Studios...Pixar counts, but I don't think any will appear.

Animated

There is a HUGE list of possible favorites in this category...but I'm going to attempt to limit myself to three of em...so here's the attempt

• Oliver & Company - So the first one is one with talking animals...get off me. Talking animals cartoons and movies were a big part of my childhood, and I adored this one a lot. Later on I would learn this was a very clever method of telling the Oliver Twist story, and quite frankly I can definitely see it now. Plus, I'd like to think this movie gave me my love for orange tabby cats.
  • Treasure Planet - HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE IS SOOOOOOOOOO UNDERRATED!!!! A Disney telling of Treasure Island but with a massive space motif...I loved it! Plus, looking on it, definitely could relate to somethings in feelings...especially now. Also, no one can tell me they didn't listen to "I'm Still Here" on repeat most of their life...if you can, well good for you, you may be lying to yourself xD
  • Beauty and the Beast - This one is more of a recent years development. In the past I loathed the "Princess Movies", as I would refer to them as, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, the works. But it's something about this one here that when I rewatched, it was something that made me more...endeared towards it. Could it be that it honestly unlocked the side of me that happens to be a hopeless romantic and hope for my own Belle to come knocking on my door? Possibly...either way, animation on this was phenomenal.

Live-Action

There's only one here...why? Simple: SOME MOVIES DON'T NEED TO BE LIVE ACTION!!! Honestly, most of the live action films from Disney happen to be remakes...or remakes of remakes. And honestly...a good portion of them MISS THE MARK!! However...

• Beauty and the Beast (2017) - The live action BatB actually was the only one I enjoyed. Was it the fact that it told the same story that the animated told? No...it generally expounded on it. It showed us Prince Adam (yes that's his name, I'm sticking with it) at the beginning before the enchantress appears...it expounded on his whole story, it expounded on Belle and her mother...which honestly, I did always wonder why and what might've been (death by plague...not bueno). Gaston's whole character somewhat shown to be something that you don't mind at first...but then immediately hate more as the movie goes on. The idea of the enchantress LITERALLY ERASING EVERYONE'S MEMORY...and even having the forest be cursed to the point people forget about ever seeing the castle...that's BRILLIANT!! Would also make sense on why there's a castle with a beast inside and no one ever noticed it. The way they added to what was already there was perfect in my opinion...could they have done something better...like not the autotuned thing with the music...oh absolutely...but hey, every movie has it's flaws. Also...Evermore...truly beautiful and I will fight ANYONE on that.
2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

What's your favorite non-Disney Marvel film?

So that immediately throws out every single MCU movie since they're all owned by Disney now...hell, most of the "Legacy" films that were done before, are showing on Disney+ so technically they also own them.

So that in mind, there's only two options...

• Spider-Man (2002) - The first Raimi film...and the first live action Spider-Man film there had been. While looking back on it....JEEEEEEEZUZ it's cinematography and CGI was atrocious, but it's cheesiness actually makes up for it. It's the right amount of cheese...plus it's provided us with all the best memes. For what it was worth, it brought us two castings that I adore to this day: JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson and William Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin. Both played their roles to a perfect tee...and honestly, it's good to see both back in action in these newer films. Plus...this movie has to be on here...cause...ANNNNNNNNND THEY SAY THAT A HEEEEEERO WILL SAVE US!!!
  • Amazing Spider-Man - The Marc Webb one...only the first one. Where I enjoyed the original two movies (I'm not gonna say I EVER will enjoy 3...jeezuz), this one gave us something I was always hoping for from the comics: the fate of Mr. and Mrs. Parker, Peter's parents. And while McGuire played a good Parker for the most part, Garfield NAILED the Spider-Man aspect...this one actually HAD quips...and it's all I got to say...I'll let this scene speak for me...

Favorite costume in FGO? By that I mean its the character but in different outfit and/or class.

For instance Summer Artoria would fit but not Saber Alter. As well as costumes like Robin's summer outfit

....Also besides Summer Martha

On 10/19/2021 at 12:57 AM, LordCowCow said:

Favorite costume in FGO? By that I mean its the character but in different outfit and/or class.

For instance Summer Artoria would fit but not Saber Alter. As well as costumes like Robin's summer outfit

....Also besides Summer Martha

*Sees the end*

Why must you torture me? Fine...though only one really catches my eye. It's Achilles' Summer outfit, the Digimon/Pokémon costume, otherwise known as the Fearless Diver. Yes, means Achilles still is a Rider Class servant here, but I adore it...plus: Mini Tarasque, don't tell me that it isn't adorable!

Le bump...

I'm home today, hoping and praying my car gets fixed so I can go to work tomorrow. Ask me things, ya filthy animals.

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Favorite type of weather?

Not winter, I can tell you that...

Let's say, I enjoy Fall. Not too hot, not too cold...and not OVERWHELMING with pollen T-T

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Top 3 and Bottom 3 Spider-Man villains?

Movies and animated series may factor in...also, I'm having Venom sit out on this because in recent times he's become an anti-hero, same with Morbius. Black Cat also is staying out of this, due to her being the Catwoman of the Spider-Man universe so she's wishy washy (my opinion on it anyway). THAT SAID...let's get down to it!

Top 3 Favorite

#1 - Green Goblin: Lemme clarify...we're talking Norman Osborn, not Harry. Norman's Green Goblin is basically a staple of the Spider-Man series. This is Parker's main villain, his arch-nemesis and the countless times he's been a thorn in Parker's side is too many to count. He legit killed Gwen Stacy (though we all know a bit better on how she died, but he's attributed this), and this is generally one of the reasons he's memorable. Of course, then there's the various portrayals of said Goblin (DaFoe for obvious reasons)...and honestly, the one Goblin in animation that sticks with me for the voice isn't the 90s one, shocking...it's actually from the Spectacular Spider-Man.

#2 - Dr. Otto Octavius: This man...THIS MAN...not only is he a genius, not ONLY does he have 4 mechanical limbs...BUT HE SINGLE HANDEDLY SWAPPED BODIES WITH PARKER!!! This man swapped bodies with him and BECAME Parker/Spider-Man and even continued to live Parker's life for him as the Superior Spider-Man. This man was a genius with this point of a power play. It's also good to mention that this guy was the originator and creator of the Sinister Six group as well.

#3 - Vulture: Adrian Toomes...okay so a BIG reason he's here in the top three is just because of Michael Keaton's portrayal of him in the MCU in Spider-Man Homecoming. I mean, originally just an old man in a mechanical suit with wings that sometimes has the agenda to want to gain his youth back never worked for me...but Keaton's performance as our bird of prey actually bumped him up into the ranks for me.

Bottom 3 Least

Uh...I...um sorry, but I don't think I like any of them the least. Like...I don't want this to be a cop out, but it's one of those situations where all of Spider-Man's villains to me are pretty interesting and impressive in design. I can't really choose one to dislike in general...except Stilt Man...FUCK STILT MAN >:(

Honorable Mention

Miles Warren/The Jackal...I like the clone saga, leave me alone T-T

SHOOOOOOOOOOCKER!!!!!!

speaking of crickets, what are some interesting bug facts you know, or just some bugs you think are neat?

On 5/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, yui said:

speaking of crickets, what are some interesting bug facts you know, or just some bugs you think are neat?

I'll be leaving arachnids out of this, as they aren't exactly the same as insects themselves.

I have a few bug facts:

• Insects are on every continent EXCEPT Antarctica (which is surprising, you'd think there'd be a type of icy insect or something that's immune to the cold)
  • Adult Ladybugs eat more than 50 Aphids per day...per DAY
  • The female leaf insect can reproduce without the need of mating with a male
  • According to science, the Morpho Dragonfly, the blue wings it has a respiratory system in them...so by all accounts, the wings are also alive

How many times have you actually seen a tumbleweed before?

Did you know they're not actually native to North America and have been a giant pain in the Department of Agriculture's ass since they day they first showed up?

2 hours ago, yui said:

1. How many times have you actually seen a tumbleweed before?

2. Did you know they're not actually native to North America and have been a giant pain in the Department of Agriculture's ass since they day they first showed up?

1. In actuality...I haven't seen one in the wild. They've eluded me to this day...it's saddening really. HOWEVER, I did see a live Road Runner when I went to Hot Springs, AR...I know it was one due to how fast that fucker was booking it.

2. Hmmm, I didn't actually know that. Truly fascinating stuff!

1 hour ago, yui said:

which one were/are you?

Fhb9C6EXEAA3-iD?format=jpg&name=small

Hmmm Pirate, Knight, Cowboy and Dinosaur sounds interesting...honestly I know absolutely NOTHING about what this meme entails so I probably did this all wrong xD

15 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Hmmm Pirate, Knight, Cowboy and Dinosaur sounds interesting...honestly I know absolutely NOTHING about what this meme entails so I probably did this all wrong xD

Its not picking 4 its

when a child turns 4 they will latch onto one of those to obsess over

Just now, LordCowCow said:

Its not picking 4 its

when a child turns 4 they will latch onto one of those to obsess over

Oh, then I definitely picked right then XD