Chaos Sonic

Sonic's Neo New *SNAP* AMA

Okay, I got a loaded one for ya:

Let's say the colored gems from Crash Bandicoot and the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic switched purposes; the gems give Crash the ability to transform into the Super Sonic equivalent of himself, but that's about it. The emeralds, upon all being collected, now unlock a secret zone that has never been seen before.

If you were to design this zone, what would it be? What would the boss and/or mini-boss be like?

You are given a box. You are instructed not to open the box, for someone will come to pick it up in three days. Five days later, the box is still there unopened waiting for pickup. What do you do?

1 hour ago, Thar said:

Okay, I got a loaded one for ya:

Let's say the colored gems from Crash Bandicoot and the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic switched purposes; the gems give Crash the ability to transform into the Super Sonic equivalent of himself, but that's about it. The emeralds, upon all being collected, now unlock a secret zone that has never been seen before.

If you were to design this zone, what would it be? What would the boss and/or mini-boss be like?

Hmmm...so Super Crash? That's a scary thought. But it's pretty interesting to say the least. Now, I'm seeing this is all in the Crash universe that this happens in, so one moment while I look at the different zones and bosses we've got here...

[A few moments later...]

Okay, so given this...there's not really an easy way to do this. Each island/warp room/chamber has it's own unique theme...but their missions technically don't coincide with their theme all too much, so that does pose a greater problem here. So rather than base it on that, I'll work with forging this secret zone. I'll use Crash 3: Warped as a basis for my thoughts and assume and play with the idea that each Chamber has their specific themed missions and levels playable in their respective Chambers.

This hidden/secret zone would be called the "Chamber 7 - Norse". This would be missions with an icy feel as well as some ocean and ship feels to it. This wouldn't mean I would be bringing Dingodile to this zone due to him having the boss fight in the Ice Age, but I'd be going with a different character. For this boss I'd have either Ripper-Roo or Rusty Walrus (from Crash: Twinsanity). For the former, Ripper-Roo was in Cortex Strikes Back, along with Dingodile and Tiny Tiger, so it makes sense for a third villain from a past game pop back up. As for the latter, this would be great idea concept-wise...where namely it's just cause it's a walrus and it's an icy zone. At the same time, Rusty Walrus also was on a ship as it's cook during Twinsanity in which he chases you. This could probably work great in the grand scheme of things.

35 minutes ago, Yui said:

You are given a box. You are instructed not to open the box, for someone will come to pick it up in three days. Five days later, the box is still there unopened waiting for pickup. What do you do?

Well, I'm just going to say it this way: I'm still waiting for someone to pick that box up. Why you may ask?

CAUSE 2020 IS CURSED ENOUGH AS IT IS...I AIN'T TAKING ANY CHANCES!!!

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Probably nothing much...not too much of a fan on Klondike bars if I'm honest.

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, LordCowCow said:

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

Cracks knuckles intensifies

5 characters from RP? From YCM and/or NCM? Bovine please...give me a challenge ;D These are in no special order nor are the numbers a ranking system...I'm just simply putting them in.

#5!!!

Spoiler

Alexandre Roi | Abel Taurus

BGM

My Beast from Grimm Nights Ver. 1 and Ver. 2. I'm a true sucker for a good Disney movie...and if I'm truthful, one of my favorites have and always been Beauty and the Beast, even before the live action version. However, I now absolutely adore both animated and live action (hence the BGM for this one).

Aside from the attachment to the source material, I see many things about myself within Alexandre...namely the passive aggressive style I have for him. That is me to a tee: calm, skiddish, friendly on the outside...but inside and within, I've bottled up my anger, sadness, etc. But just like my Beast here, I'll have to unleash it when the bottle overflows, because it always does.

#4!!!

Spoiler

Randy Roarton

BGM

The Incineroar gijinka from Fallen Gods. C'mon...at this moment you should've known that this guy would've popped up on this list!

You knew I had been watching that RP for the longest time and when I joked around about joining, you presented the opportunity to do just that. And let me tell you, me creating Randy was not a mistake in any stretch of the imagination. Now I haven't seen or done so much research of wrestling, just enough to get me by, but for Randy...I think it works perfectly fine. This is a style of character that is generally more of my style...shonen and protagonist energy.

Every time I get to write for Randy, I get excited. The fights he's been in are generally just high octane and full of plenty of energy. Between Team Alola and even the newly formed Team Paragon with Sai's two characters, I have always enjoyed Randy and writing him and the fun things to do with him...though everyone still wants to ship Randy with Prison Cell-chan...smh. I really can't wait to give him the send off I have for him.

#3!!!

Spoiler

Jet Hoshimi

BGM

The Turbo Duelist originally from Yu-Gi-Oh! Яeverse of the Earthbound Immortals , then remade for Yu-Gi-Oh! Forsaken Legends, but brought back with the creation of Yu-Gi-Oh! Project Crimson. A young orphan kid who finally gets adopted from a shit hole of a place...only to end up somewhere even worse. This has been the character that I want to say broke me out of my Shonen mold for a brief moment (then again, it might've also been Do'jhera from Bluefire...but this was the more prominent case). A kid getting tossed into a Kaiba Corp science project known as "Project Crimson", which basically deals with artificial Signer Dragons known as Duel Dragons...and this kid gets stuck with Stardust Spark.

I think what attracts me so much to this character is just how I made him. Normally, as you know, I make the cool shonen types with the badass bravado in some occasions, but not this time. I went for a timid broken character, one who's been scorned and tortured all in the name of science. A character that simply goes through the motions of life...who follows orders like he's supposed to.

#2!!!

Spoiler

David Greer and『Wayward Son』

BGM

David Greer and his Stand Wayward Son from "JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Roaring Space" here on NCM. I had been working on this character off and on before, but back then it had no name, all it had to it was the song inspiration for the Stand, it's appearance and power. But once my dad passed, I instantly knew this was going to be a Memorial Character.

My dad introduced me to Kansas, along with other Classic Rock bands, and I absolutely loved "Carry On Wayward Son". And as luck would have it, one of the members of the band Kansas was actually named David, so it just fit that I used this and name him that, as well as my father. The Memorial Character is the reason I'm attached to David Greer and Wayward Son, as I can also see myself as the Stand User...and I sometimes imagine my father being the Stand, just there to continue to make sure I'm alright.

#1!!!

Spoiler

Benjamin O'Hara | Arachnid | Arachnid Hero - Multi-Threader

BGM

Ben here started, as you remember, from YCM for the RP known as "Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods". This was my attempt of making a DC Comics version of Spider-Man, but with my own flair to it. Throwing in an archeologist father, an author mother, the fact that he too wishes to be an author and of course an indescribable stone table that holds the release phrase to return Anansi and his magic spiders to the world...and we have ourselves quite the character. He was so good, he made his re-debut right in RAMO 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Now, back to why he sticks with me and I'm attached to. Ben here is just one of those characters I enjoy writing and playing more so than I originally thought when I first created him. Spider-Man has and always will be my favorite Marvel superhero, so I think that also plays a huge part in it, but aside from that fact...it also seems that the casts of characters that he surrounds himself with (or the players playing these characters) seem to really enjoy Ben and his spider persona a lot (despite his creepy crawly power). In more ways than one, I can sometimes envision myself as this character...which makes this the second character I see myself as.

1 hour ago, Waluigi said:
  1. What got you into RPing?
  2. What do you enjoy most about RPing?
  3. What question do you want to be asked most here? And what's the answer to it?

1. Hmmm honestly I think it was me searching for those types of things that initially got me into RPing. Before looking for YCM, I was scouring through the internet to find the cool sites to possibly RP on...cause a friend showed me once and that got me hooked. I think I might've maybe tried joining a Naruto forum for it...but that fell through cause that was definitely out there. After that, I found YCM because of the card maker and eventually found myself there in the RP section.

2. What I enjoy most? Two fold here. Firstly, I enjoy the characters I create and how they get along with the others. As shown with the bovine's question above, I've enjoyed making characters. It is one of the fun things about RPing to me, aside from the RP itself. Secondly, the premise/plot of the RP itself. It's what gets people hooked in the first place, am I wrong? Seeing the story weaving before one's very eyes and seeing the hard work of the RP's owner is one of those things where it just fills one with excitement and wonder.

3. Honestly, I'll just say it this way...the sky's the limit. I'll answer just about anything at this point (aside from giving out personal, security information...cuz that's no good). Whatever you feel is something you want to ask, I'll do my best to give you an answer!

12 hours ago, ass said:

is your favorite band zebrahead like most sonic fans

Used to be...but I've done some growing up.

Honestly, I've been enjoying more of the classic rock bands (something my dad got me into listening to), so it's less favorite bands and more favorite songs.

14 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Used to be...but I've done some growing up.

Honestly, I've been enjoying more of the classic rock bands (something my dad got me into listening to), so it's less favorite bands and more favorite songs.

oh shit i was memeing LOL

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

On 8/9/2020 at 11:13 PM, Summer Yui said:

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

Favorite meme from 2010 or earlier? Jeez...

From 2010, it'd probably be a tie between: Old Spice "I'm on a Horse" and the Bed Intruder Song/Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife

I'd possibly add more to the other years, but that would require me to go searching for all that old history...though the best meme that has ever lived will always be...Rick Roll.

6 hours ago, ass said:

did you or did you not know tails' name was miles per hour

At first, I didn't. But then again, I was a young child that didn't know any better and was oblivious to most if not all fancy puns and whatnot.

I believe I was...I think 13 or 14 when I finally figured that out and I was like: "...this is the funniest and most amazing thing I've ever seen!"

1 hour ago, Comrade Duck said:

Did you dress up for Halloween?

rt60q0x.jpg

But yeah, I wish I did, but with this pandemic bullcrap, not a whole lot happened T-T

Favorite letter of the alphabet?

56 minutes ago, Saikazo said:

Bestest Sonic OC you ever made?

Oh jeezuz cristo...well, I guess I could at least ramble off...

The main one I had for the longest time (until Solar Tides and it's reboot came into the picture) was Blaze the Hedgehog. Yes, I realize there was a Blaze the Cat now...but back then, the character of Blaze the Cat was unclear to me until I played 06, which was my general introduction to her (while some had her introduced in Sonic Rush, mine was 06...I'm terrible T-T).

As the name implies: he was a pyromancer...red furred and had blue fingerless gloves (with a fireball symbol on them) and blue sneakers. His super form was...I wanna say it was Supernova Form? Cause Blazing Blaze sounded absolutely stupid. Looking back, Solar Blaze would've been so much better...but eh , ancient history with this character. It's a phase that came when I was having zero creativity. Others would go with something grandiose later on, but I kept with the hedgehog idea.

It's not until much later and with Solar Tides that I actually decided to use the creativity I had and used something better than just a hedgehog that can run fast and control fire...whoooooo was just a hedgehog version of Blaze the Cat. In any case, I consider Zane the Arctic Wolf a character 10x better than my first attempts.

47 minutes ago, yui said:

Favorite letter of the alphabet?

The Letter M...

For two reasons specifically:

• The first letter of my first name
  • The 13th letter of the alphabet and I like the number 13 (Blame Kingdom Hearts for my love for this number)

10 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Which Spider-Man movies get the character right the most?

That's actually a good question, and I'll answer it by explaining what we get here, starting with Tobey Maguire in the Sam Raimi films.

This was the first time Spider-Man properly was adapted to the big screen and in live action after the 70s Amazing Spider-Man TV show, as well as the Japanese Spider-Man. For what it was worth, Tobey had to pave the road ahead for superhero/comic book movies, as most were generally seen as box office death (aside from the older DC comics films, cause they were actually doing very well for themselves). The Raimi films depicted Parker as a High Schooler for about...I wanna say...roughly 30 minutes perhaps? My math estimation is shite so I wouldn't put too much into it. After that, he works for the Daily Bugle as an adult...and does adult things. While certain aspects of this Parker and Spider-Man were done right, I'd namely say the fact that he was a better Parker and showed the strong nerd side...it didn't hold up for a great Spider-Man in general. However, without him, we wouldn't have Spider-Man at all.

Next we come to Andrew Garfield and the Marc Webb films. Now this was beginning a step in the right direction, at least at first. Rather than have Parker being a High Schooler for a few fleeting moments, he was one for one whole film before a graduation. This was definitely a step in the right direction. Now, they went with the fact that Parker here was a bit more of just a social outcast/skater boy punk rather than a nerd...at which point they only showed his intellect during the times with Dr. Connors or even when he's working on his web-shooters (which was another thing they got right: WEB SHOOTERS...none of this self made web coming from your wrists -_-). If I were to say anything, Garfield really shined more as Spider-Man, bringing a bit more of a wise-cracking, jokester and sarcastic Spider-Man where Tobey didn't (if you wish to know what I'm talking about more, please click here to see the one scene I adore from the first movie). This is the Spider-Man we see more in the comics, all the sarcasm and sass to be had...so it's an obvious to see Garfield playing off this type where his Parker isn't as...nerdy as the other. He did make his own web-shooters and webbing so that was a plus in a way.

Then we come to Tom Holland, the MCU Spider-Man brought in from Civil War. I looked into the guy the moment he was revealed and learned one thing: he took heavy inspiration from his predecessors in how to play Parker AND Spider-Man. They had him already have his powers, to where he was already working on them. Without having to deal with origin stories, they established him as having powers and even as a nerdy guy, which in this go around, they made him more techie oriented, which I absolutely adored. Not only this, they allowed him to be able to remain a High School student, which is where Spidey was emerging more of anyway. It's a High Schooler being a superhero, so it just works. He's still a kid trying to find his way in the world of a hero, introduced to Tony Stark, his idol, and given a chance to be more. Yes, some people might honestly hate the fact that he's becoming Iron Man Jr, but after you look at the previous two Parkers and Spider-Men, Tom Holland is doing a fine job as both. Yes, his Spider-Man can be pretty rough around the edges, but it's cause again...he's still a High Schooler, he's finding his groove and his way. And this here is the linchpin in the whole thing...you need to be able to play a good Parker in order to play a good Spider-Man.

For an example, I'm using the Batman character from all the movies up to now. They've all been playing a Batman, only Batman. When we got to Ben Affleck for his trailer of "Batman V Superman", I saw something I didn't before with everyone else, something my dad pointed out: he was playing a good Bruce Wayne before playing a good Batman. Most people try and play the superhero but neglect the mild-mannered alter ego. Take Iron Man for another example, Robert Downey Jr. can play a good Tony Stark as well as Iron Man...even though he doesn't have to worry about a secret identity. But at the end of the day, what I see in this is that it requires one to play both alter egos, give each one their own life. Maguire gave a better nerdy Parker, Garfield gave a better witty and sarcastic Spider-Man...but at the moment, Holland has been playing both very well, and it's because of the ground work that was paved for him by his predecessors.

That said: I believe the MCU's Spider-Man movies and Tom Holland have gotten the character right in my eyes.

What is your favorite food form of chicken?