Chaos Sonic

Sonic's Neo New *SNAP* AMA

2 hours ago, Thar said:

What would you say was the best anime arc in history?

Hmmm, well, there's quite a few answers I have for that.

Back when I was younger, in the fact of the years before my young adult time periods, I would say it was a tie between the Frieza Saga and the Cell Games Saga from DBZ. Those two have been iconic to me and my childhood, especially in my early days of watching anime. So that's one...

Another would be from my favorite anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and a tie between two different arcs there: the Varia Arc and the Choice Arc / Future Final Battle Arc.

Lastly, I'd say for my recent anime watchings, for My Hero Academia, there's a WHOLE list of things I think are good. We got the USJ Arc, the Sports Festival Arc, Final Exams Arc...just too many to count on which one would be my favorite...

However, at the same time I think the "Best Anime Arc in History" is going to have different answers depending on the person you talk to or ask this question. So that being said, in my opinion, those were the best.

5 hours ago, Saikazo May Cry said:

What are your top five favorite Heroic Spirits from Fate?

Top 5 Heroic Spirits? Hmmm, now that's a good question. Well, let's start this up then!

Number 5

Spoiler

b3aa34f36c18123694bd9177ab46c5cc.png

Elisabeth Balthory

Strange choice, yes, but this was my first 4-Star Heroic Spirit Servant in FGO and this Lancer dragon gal has actually grown on me. Yes she is the younger aspect of Carmilla, a vampire known as Countess Dracula, though she's nicknamed "Dragon's Daughter" and this is pretty awesome nonetheless.

Number 4

Spoiler

Saber.(Sengo.Muramasa).full.2195904.png

Sengo Muramasa

WHY ISN'T THIS GUY AN ACTUAL HEROIC SPIRIT SERVANT IN FGO YET?!? I digress, I found out about Muramasa here by you, Sai, and was hooked. It's just Shirou Emiya as a Pseudo-Servant by having the spirit of Sengo merged with it and I just love the design they worked with. Not only that, he is LITERALLY a blacksmith of blades and according to sources (coughSaicough)...the combination of his Noble Phantasm of Unlimited Blade Works and the dude MAKES blades in that manner. How could that NOT be amazing?

Number 3

Spoiler

52a.jpg

Archer EMIYA

Whaaaaaaat? This isn't number 1?? Big shock! Truth be told, Archer here was the selling point for me to watch Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works. This guy, to me is pretty damn amazing and the fact that he summons swords and turns them into arrows...how COOL is that?! His Noble Phantasm is also quite amazing, which is the main reason number 4 was who it was, just because of his usage. But this here was the guy that started it all for me. This crimson bowman is the one that had me want to watch this.

Number 2

Spoiler

93d80fa8a9a2fc94e475c9ebefbcbbe9.jpg

Iskandar the Conqueror

ISKANDAR THE CONQUERING KING!! Fate/Zero brought this Rider Class Heroic Spirit up to my attention and OH MY GOD...this man is amazing! Everything about this Heroic Spirit is just amazing to me. From his steed, to his Noble Phantasm, Iskandar/Alexander is just amazing. Not only that, in F/Z, the chemistry between him and Velvet was both hilarious and it just worked. Plus, this character here, I believe is the reason that Velvet got to the point he ends up getting to later on in life. It's all cause of this man right here! Iskandar is one of the best Riders out there.

Number 1

Spoiler

2863777-martha4.png

Saint Martha

Here she is, my absolute favorite Heroic Spirit. Honestly this character was brought to my attention via a "Post and I'll Give you a Heroic Spirit" thread done by yourself, Sai. You gave me her and something about this Rider servant just clicked with me. What was even better, well...Summer Ruler Martha, this version is just TOO amazing! So while you have Mordred and Yui has Nobunaga...I have Martha.

since the other AMAs asking about favorite heroic spirits has it and yours doesn't:

Top 5 least favorite heroic spirits?

On 9/23/2019 at 9:19 PM, Yui said:

since the other AMAs asking about favorite heroic spirits has it and yours doesn't:

Top 5 least favorite heroic spirits?

Least favorite? Yikes...uh...well...unfortunately I'm not well versed in all the Fate lore about half of these Heroic Spirits, so...yeah...I'll looks stuff up.

Number 5

Spoiler

oBtpX0t.jpg

Diarmuid [Lancer]

Diarmuid...Diarmuid...Diarmuid. Now, this one namely stems from me watching Fate/Zero and namely how things happened in anime, so that's why he isn't too far in this list. I watched the original Fate/Stay Night, so I knew how amazing Lancer Cu was. So when I was watching F/Z and saw that there was another Irish knight Lancer that looked almost like Cu, I was expecting great things! I wasn't disappointed...namely for the two battles he was in for that series. Theeeeeeeeeen comes the part I disliked: his rematch with Saber. Kiritsugu basically cut the fight short because he had Kayneth (Diarmuid's Master) have him commit suicide...to which has him cursing all those accounted for there. Yes, I understand this was to basically parallel his last breath when he was with Fionn, his master, but come on guys!! You had an opportunity to give a Lancer that came before Cu to also be badass...and you reduce him to a whiny baby who is upset because his wish was denied. You want to honestly see something between Diarmuid and Cu...then here...watch this and then tell me who's more badass.

Number 4

Spoiler

2e2a6466ae74ca40986f006629f13583.png

Altera [Saber]

My unlike for this Heroic Spirit is namely stemming from the FGO event that I took part in working with: the Paul Bunyan Event. My GOD...every single time I looked and saw a certain area, I knew freakin' Altera...oh I'm sorry..."Definitely Not Altera" was right there to screw me over. Her and the dang Demon Boar, so since she was also associated with the Demon Boar and since I can't add the Demon Boar to this list since it's not a Servant...Altera take it's place. I honestly don't mind her, but it was just the fact of that constant annoyance of her in the Bunyan Event.

Number 3

Spoiler

a61

Paul Bunyan [Berserker]

Speaking of...me not liking Paul Bunyan isn't anything too grand. It's generally just the fact that in FGO, while she is a Berserker...she's too squishy. Until I got a better Berserker, she was the best I could get...but DAMN was she just bad. Almost every single time I had her out she practically died quicker than an undead when it's struck by Ruler Martha's Noble Phantasm, being fully buffed by a Caster Merlin. Yeah...just that bad for me. Regardless, she had her use when I needed her, so she's middle ground right now.

Number 2

Spoiler

Caster.(Fate.zero).full.1340857.jpg

Gilles [Caster]

...and then there's this asshole. Gilles/Bluebeard from Fate/Zero, unlike Sai who despises him as well. Won't lie, at first I thought he was cool and creepy. That was until I found out everything about his backstory in the story and with FGO literally shedding more light on this subject. A few things:

1. If someone close to you dies...MOVE ON! I'm speaking from experience here. Yes, there is a grieving process but dude...going the route of a maniac and psycho is not part of the grieving process.
  2. Don't put your hopes and faith in man. This doesn't really get you anywhere if I'm being completely honest. If you are looking to a human as your sole salvation and practically everything, then you will definitely be disappointed. This should've been an obvious...but it looks like it wasn't.
  3. If you think abducting children and trying to summon Eldritch creatures is a good thing...then you are even more insane than you let on. And those eyes obviously let on quite a lot.

Truth be told, I thought he would've been better with a different Servant Class, but even his Saber isn't really good. All around not very good...like...at all.

Number 1

Spoiler

__boudica_and_fujimaru_ritsuka_fate_gran

Boudica [Rider]

This girl....THIS GIRL!!!!! I absolutely HATE this Spirit! To understand why, it stems from me playing FGO. She happens to be a freebie Spirit you get after clearing the Septem Singularity (spoilers...oh well) and she's a Rider class. Both of these things aren't bad...but what is bad is when you happen to be rolling on banners and almost...EVERY...SINGLE...SPIRIT...ENDS UP BEING F*CKING BOOBICA...then it becomes a HUGE problem. Couple that with that fact that she's just a terrible Servant to begin with and literally tarnishes (in my opinion) the title of Rider Class Heroic Spirit, and you begin to understand why I despise her with a passion of 1000 suns.

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

how did you develop such shit tastes?

Such is the nature and the curse of being the Typecast Shonen Protagonist, my dear Bovine.

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Favorite and least favorite shonen anime?

Favorite? Well, I have two at the present (and I think you can qualify the first as shonen):

• Katekyo Hitman Reborn - This here was pretty much the start of everything for me, especially when I was starting on YCM. This anime influenced me something fierce and the whole concept was amazing! Mafioso, supernatural powers in the form of different colored flames, gun-toting babies, time-travel? This thing had it all! And I loved every moment of it...though was thoroughly pissed when they stopped it shortly after the end of the Future Final Battle Arc, even though the manga kept going. Even more upset when they have yet to dub it...but oh well...I suppose it wasn't meant to be.
  • My Hero Academia - Yes, it's still going...but damnit, this anime is amazing to me! I've always been about the heroes and protagonists in a story, but the fact of the matter being that this show has a plethora of heroes of all shapes, sizes, and powers along with interesting villains that also come in a variety...mix that in with some good story telling and actual character development on certain characters (soooooo looking forward to the Kirishima development part of Season 4)...what isn't to like about this? Plus, I adore the easter egg of a good portion of MHA's locations being based off of Star Wars planets...yeah I'm a nerd like that.

Now...least favorite...hmmm...most recently I don't recall seeing any shonen anime I've absolutely not liked. ...well, save for Sword Art Online, but that goes without saying...EVERYONE hates SAO.

You've cleared four out of the seven singularities in FGO. Who is your favorite Servant that you've encountered so far?

6 minutes ago, Yui said:

You've cleared four out of the seven singularities in FGO. Who is your favorite Servant that you've encountered so far?

At the present moment? Archer David from the 3rd Singularity.

Obvious reasons being this is an interesting take on the very same Israelite that both defeated Goliath and became King of Israel along with having Solomon (which is it's own can of worms), though it boils down to the overall design of Archer David that really gets me. This individual happens to be one of the people in history that I absolutely love reading about, so seeing him as a Heroic Spirit as an Archer is pretty impressive to me.

Borrowing from a question I asked Yui:

Who would your hero be, what would their class be, and what would be your strategy in the war?

2 hours ago, Thar said:

Borrowing from a question I asked Yui:

Who would your hero be, what would their class be, and what would be your strategy in the war?

Well, I'll give two separate answers via the Heroic Spirits and classes. Two different answers, for two separate genders:

Male

Spoiler

Saber.(Sengo.Muramasa).full.2249878.png

Sengo Muramasa - [Class: Saber]

Believe me...there are A LOT of male Heroic Spirits I wouldn't mind having at my side to both fight with me and just hang out with (Iskandar would be a hoot to say the least and Cu and EMIYA would be awesome), but through and through, I am a sucker for Japanese culture and mythos...and the legends of Muramasa are no exception. Truthfully, even though this version here is a Pseudo-Servant, he's still amazing and I wouldn't mind having him around. After all...this dude also creates blades...WITH HIS NOBLE PHANTASM!!! Plus, it's essentially EMIYA Archer anyways...so it's definitely a win.

Female

Spoiler

DFa4qGBXUAEEXAd.jpg

Saint Martha - [Class: Ruler OR Rider]

Yes...I went with the Summer variation of this Heroic Spirit. I could've gone for the Rider class and still been good, but hear me out. She wouldn't have to stay in the Summer outfit at all if she didn't wish it. Now, with the possible "Sonic's a pervert" argument out of the way, Martha here would be my choice here for the female side. Why the Ruler class, though? Well, it doesn't have to be...only reason I would want the Ruler version is due to the fact of her utilizing hand to hand combat and the fact that she literally punches Tarasque into her enemies...she's a legit bruiser fighter and I love it! Now, the Rider version would work as well...but yeah.

Now my strategy in the war would be the same no matter what Heroic Spirit I would have at my side. In truth, I would possibly follow the methods of Velvet and Rider from Zero along with other's who used a similar method, gather intel and formulating plans for each opponent, as well as immediately figuring a way to knock out the Berserker Class first. Basing this on both F/Z and F/SN, F/UBW...the Berserker Class is the one class (aside from Caster) that is the hardest to take care of. That class would require assistance from the other Servants and Masters to take down, so removing the Berserker would be first, followed by Caster.

Along with the that, I'd most likely figure out which Masters I could ally myself with in order to put plans into motion, with the fact of "Once the truce is over and/or it's down to us...we'll end it" on the table immediately. Allying myself with another Master and Servant would be good for the long haul, especially if the Servant Classes we have can benefit one another in a combination.

I'd only go for the kill of the Heroic Spirits, due to the fact that if the Servants are gone...the Masters simply go to the church and the Overseer to request sanctuary, therefore they would be no threat.

What is your favorite class of Heroic Spirit?

15 hours ago, Yui said:

What is your favorite class of Heroic Spirit?

Could go the obvious route of saying, as a Shonen Protagonist, that I favor the Saber Class. However, while that class is pretty awesome...and really full of sabers...I'll say my favorite happens to be the Rider Class.

Now yes, I may be biased because Iskandar and Saint Martha are both Riders and they happen to be a couple of my favorite Heroic Spirits, buuuuut I'll take it a step farther. Depending on their rank, they can end up taking full control of ANY single mode of transportation. While this is shown namely from Artoria in F/Z, though Sabers and their whole thing of being "better" aside, this means that they don't have to have just their general mount and/or Noble Phantasm to ride around in the modern age. Planes, cars, motorcycles, boats...Divine-Beasts...yeah, this class can utilize as mounts Divine-Beasts...as well as dragons (specifically if you happen to be Rider Martha).

Point is, my go to and favorite class might be Rider.

7 hours ago, radio414 said:

Is "typecast shonen protagonist" your thing or was it thrust upon you by others?

That actually is sort of a funny story. So allow me to regale you the whole story, to the best of my knowledge and ability.

This was something that sort of came out via the RP section back on YCM. If you would see the various characters I would make in the countless RPs I had going for me, you'd begin to see a pattern in the fact that they would all sort of fit that shonen protagonist niche and all tropes that went with it. When brought up by a few of the guys, I basically explained that I took these characters and began to put a bit of myself in each one (i.e. I always try to help people when I can, the sarcasm, just being a good friend, etc.) along with seeing things in myself that I only imagined and dreamed I possibly could do (i.e. being strong when I know I'm actually not, being chosen for something great, etc.). And from these came the characters I would create.

In time, these shonen styled characters of mine sort of became a usual occurrence in which some began to say I was definitely typecast as that role (in fiction and real life). That's sort of where the joke and title of "Typecast Shonen Protagonist" came from. However, in most recent turns, I have begun to step out of that niche and boundaries of Shonen (this is shown greatly in my characters in "Yu-Gi-Oh!: Project Crimson" and "Grimm Nights"), so the generalization of my typecast role may actually be starting to wane a bit...who truly knows.

You can make one bot on Discord. What does it do?

1 hour ago, Yui said:

You can make one bot on Discord. What does it do?

Hmmm, make a bot on Discord?

Well, I'd probably say make a bot that spouts some knowledge and old proverbs that the many different anime elders say, to encourage people in the chats...either that or give them a good laugh. Hell, a good portion might end up being Uncle Iroh cause that guy had plenty of wisdom.

1 hour ago, Saikazo said:

So when are you finishing Camelot?

According to you and Yui, I'm not finishing Camelot anytime soon until I get Rider Ushi and Caster Medea up a good amount in terms of level...then I'm apparently supposed to work on how to actually build a coherent team to finish...or at least that's what you guys are telling me.

1 minute ago, Thar said:

If you could throw your hat at any Mario enemy to possess them, which one would you be?

Ahhhh the Mario Odyssey mechanic...one I actually enjoyed in the long run! Nooooooow you say "Mario Enemy"...so that'll be a large amount of anything. So with that in mind, I got a couple of answers for you (if the first option isn't allowed for obvious reasons):

1. Bowser - Yeah, first option would be Bowser Koopa. Why? Well for a couple of reasons, the first is personal because at first I didn't like Bowser as a villain or character, but thanks to a machinima series with him as the main protagonist (yes you heard me right) as well as Super Mario Sunshine and all other games after, I've begun to enjoy the Koopa King as both a villain and a character. The second non-personal reason being this: HE'S THE KING TO AN EMPIRE IN THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM!! Imagine all the power and possible resources you'd have at your disposal with this! Screw trying to kidnap Peach and take on Mario...I'd be able to rework the whole Koopa Empire into something better!
  2. Koopas - Just the run of the mill Koopa that you find in the series. Sure, they happen to just be turtles, but in general I'm just reminded of the 1000 Year Door Koopa character, Koops. Dude isn't too bad of a character, so find a pretty cool Koopa and you should be set. This could also mean just Koopa Trooper or Paratrooper.
  3. Bob-ombs - Namely along the lines of the type of Bob-ombs like the king in Super Mario 64. Truth be told, yes they blow up...they're bombs, go figure. But at the same time...I'm fairly certain they'll just come back. Meaning you can explode and just come back like nothing happened. That's just my thought process on the whole thing...probably won't even happen like that.

17 hours ago, radio414 said:

this has probably been asked before but
Where'd you get your start with the Sonic franchise?

Oddly enough, that hasn't been asked originally. So thanks!

My start with the Sonic franchise actually begins with a bulk of em: Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis. Before I found out about all the cool graphics of other Sonic games at the time, I was introduced to the older Sonic games via one game: Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2. Yeah, this was before me playing Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast (I had the system, but my parents didn't have Adventure to play at the time). That I got introduced to just Sonic as a whole...but that's gaming.

I do remember watching the Sonic animated series as a child, avidly...and that includes Sonic Underground (shudders at the thought). Anyway, I believe that was my first introduction to the franchise. After that, my first game that wasn't a side scroller was...Sonic Heroes for Xbox. After that, then I played Shadow the Hedgehog (mind you I knew next to nothing about the character, since Sonic Heroes was my first introduction to the ebony hedgehog) and then...Sonic 06.

After the buggy mess that was Sonic 06, I continued onward and actually played Sonic Unleashed for Wii...which was a pain, should've just got it for 360. But I digress. Eventually, between the time between Shadow and then 06, I found the information in between with Adventure and Adventure 2, even learning about the Archie's Comics Sonic series as well (which got me into loving Scourge the Hedgehog as well).