Blake

20th 20th Anniversary Legend Collection

This is a 100 card set featuring cards themed around characters and decks from the Anime.

Currently, the only names known are Magician of Black Chaos Max and Blue Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon.

This set releases on February 9, 2019 in the OCG.

_20190110_115642

Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon confirmed fusion.

1.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC00 Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon
Level 12 LIGHT Dragon Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 4500
DEF 3800
Materials: 3 “Blue-Eyes White Dragon”
(1) This card on the field cannot be targeted nor destroyed by your opponent’s effects.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. If this card was Fusion Summoned using a monster whose original name is “Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon”, you can target 2 or 3 cards instead. During the turn this effect is activated, this card cannot attack.

2.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC01 Magician of Black Chaos MAX
Level 8 DARK Spellcaster Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2600
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Chaos Form”. You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can Tribute 1 monster you control; during this turn, your opponent cannot activate monster effects.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 Spell Card in your GY; add that card to the hand.

3.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC02 Shugoshin Exodia (Exodia, Master of The Guard)
Level 10 DARK Spellcaster Effect Monster
ATK ?
DEF ?
Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card that was Normal Summoned by the method of its first effect battles a DARK Fiend monster your opponent owns and destroys it, you win the Duel.
(1) You can Tribute 5 monsters to Tribute Summon (but not Set) this card.
(2) This card’s ATK and DEF are equal to the total original ATK and DEF of the monsters Tributed for this card’s Normal Summon.

4.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC03 Shugo Shinkan Mana (Palladium Oracle Mana)
Level 6 LIGHT Spellcaster Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 1700
You can only use the first effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is in your hand or GY when exactly 1 Spellcaster monster you control is targeted by your opponent’s effect (Quick Effect): You can activate this effect; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY.
(2) Level 7 or higher Spellcaster monsters you control cannot be destroyed by effects.
(3) If this card is destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summmon 1 “Dark Magician Girl” from your hand, Deck or GY.

5.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC04 Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon
Level 7 DARK Dragon Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card by Tributing 1 “Red-Eyes” monster in your hand or that you control. You can only Special Summon 1 “Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon” per turn this way.
(1) If this card is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s effect: You can Target 1 Level 7 or lower “Red-Eyes” monster in your GY, except “Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon”; Special Summon that monster. If you Special Summon “Red-Eyes B. Dragon” with this effect, double its Original ATK.

6.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

20TH-JPC05 Neo Kaiser Glider
Level 6 LIGHT Dragon Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2200
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) Discard this card and another monster from your hand, then target 1 Normal Dragon Monster in your GY; Special Summon that monster.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY: You can activate this effect; all monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK until the end of the turn.

Edited by Hallohallo

The BEWD Fusion looks good. Just tech Dragon's Mirror in Blue-Eyes :v
Black Chaos looks like it wants to Ritual Summoned during the opponent's turn. I guess the Ritual Summoning Trap is there for that xD
Oracle Mana is decent IMO, if only because it can float into DMG, and you can trigger it yourself.

Exodia is a Maju Garzett at worst, a win condition at best. I'm still trying to remember ways to get a DARK/Fiend on the opponent's board besides Creature Swap shenanigans or Summon Sorceress. There is Shien's Spy as well.

The rest don't look as good.

30 minutes ago, Darj said:

Black Chaos looks like it wants to Ritual Summoned during the opponent's turn. I guess the Ritual Summoning Trap is there for that xD

Magician of Chaos Special Summons any "Chaos" Ritual from the hand when it gets destroyed.

29 minutes ago, Darj said:

Exodia is a Maju Garzett at worst, a win condition at best. I'm still trying to remember ways to get a DARK/Fiend on the opponent's board besides Creature Swap shenanigans or Summon Sorceress. There is Shien's Spy as well.

Your opponent must own the card. It won't work if you give it your own. Best way to do is just change your opponent's DARK monster's type to Fiend.

Edited by Hallohallo

Spoiler

A new card for Aigami’s signature theme from Dark Side of Dimensions is revealed!

475_20190108080235_img_1_Dn4UAVqfvLU7mit

20TH-JPC18 Houkai Engi (Cubic Omen)
Normal Trap Card
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) Place a number of Cubic Counters up to the number of “Cubic” monsters you control on face-up monsters your opponent control. A monster with a Cubic Counter on it it cannot attack and its effects are negated.
(2) You can banish this card from the GY, then target 1 “Cubic” monster you control; During this turn, each time that monster you control destroys a monster that has a Cubic Counter on it by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster

It would seem Paradox’s Malefic Deck is finally getting new cards!

15474565463295081250386804951577.png?res

20TH-JPC06 Sin Cross (Malefic Divide)
Quick-Play Spell Card
(1) You can target 1 “Malefic” monster in your GY; Special Summon that monster, ignoring the Summoning Conditions, but its effects are negated and it is banished during the End Phase.

^ new stuff

that Exodia Baffles me to no end like dog dammit its so bad. at least make like legendary incarnate ones that actually has protection... yes this can break 5000 limit but that summon condition though i love tribute summoning but how in hell we accomplish that

Edited by Jolly Glot

3 hours ago, Hallohallo said:

Your opponent must own the card. It won't work if you give it your own. Best way to do is just change your opponent's DARK monster's type to Fiend.

I see. Then I bet your best bet is Lair of Darkness + DNA Surgery calling Fiend xD

Not familiar with Cubics so IDK how god the new card is.
And Malefic Divide looks bad. You still have to Summon the Malefic monster properly first.

Edited by Darj

Alternative Ultimate Dragon is just silly.  It is pure anime goodness and I love it.  I guess the only complaint I have with it is that it isn't treated as BEUD at all.

MAX seems like garbage.  If you can summon it during the opponent's turn, more power to you, but that seems very impractical and not even much of a meme like BEAUD. *shrug*

Exodia.  Simultaneously more hilarious in theme, but more impractical than either of the above.  It'll never work, but damned if I don't wanna see someone try to get it to work.  I suppose the most notable practical thing for it is that it's another name for Obliterate!!! but it can't even be used to summon The Legendary Exodia Incarnate, so...

Mana is... unwieldy.  I get that it is DM support, but it would work SOO much better if it could also support the DMG deck.  Restricting the protection to Level 7+ Spellcasters, and restricting the float to DMG specifically (instead of the DMG archetype) just makes this difficult to use very well.  The DMG archetype could've used the destruction protection so much.

Oh Red-Eyes... Why do they hold you back so much?  The card itself is ok.  It helps get out RE monsters stuck in your hand and itself is an easy SS.  The problem here is that RE is so GY-focused, there aren't any real practical searchers for the card.  Its float is also pretty mediocre since you can't really trigger it yourself.  It just feels like it isn't enough.  It isn't even treated as original RE on the field and it coulda had some ignition burn effect (at the very least) to keep it in theme.  In a vacuum, Konami could have probably gotten away with this design except... BE Alternative exists.  We know exactly what RE Alternative COULD'VE been.  It's just... really disappointing.

Kaiser Glider is meh.  Not good, but not the worst of this bunch.

Cubic card isn't bad.  It is a SS2 effect negation/battle stopper that (most importantly) is another name.  I guess the main issue is that Cubics are an OTK deck, so a stun-y card like this really doesn't help the deck much.  The grave effect is sweet overkill.  Personally, I wish it was a quick-play spell.  It wouldn't lose any value from its GY effect, it could be used during your turn to block out negaters, and it could be dumped with Summoner Monk.  I suppose this could be searched by Trap Trick but, again, that's not Cubic's playstyle.

Sin Cross feels like the most on-theme card of the bunch.  It doesn't really fix most of the deck's issues, but I guess you could get out a Malefic w/o a field spell for a turn.  Practically, though, I guess Trains could re-add Malefic Cyber End if they want, but they have no issue OTKing at the moment so..

Any spots left for there being possible "Sphinx" support?

Spoiler

Cubic Ascension by AlanMac95

Cubic Ascension/Normal Trap

Lore: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Special Summon 1 "Vijam the Cubic Seed" from your Deck, and if you do, change the attack target to it and perform damage calculation. If your opponent's LP is at least 2000 higher than yours: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Vijam the Cubic Seed" from your hand, Deck, or GY, then, if only your opponent controlled a monster when you activated this effect, you can also Special Summon up to 2 additional "Vijam the Cubic Seed". You can only use this effect of "Cubic Ascension" once per turn.

So we're just going the full U.A. treatment with Cubics in giving them Trap they'll never want to play on the field, right?

Edited by Black D'Sceptyr

1 hour ago, Black D'Sceptyr said:
  Hide contents

Cubic Ascension by AlanMac95

Cubic Ascension/Normal Trap

Lore: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Special Summon 1 "Vijam the Cubic Seed" from your Deck, and if you do, change the attack target to it and perform damage calculation. If your opponent's LP is at least 2000 higher than yours: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Vijam the Cubic Seed" from your hand, Deck, or GY, then, if only your opponent controlled a monster when you activated this effect, you can also Special Summon up to 2 additional "Vijam the Cubic Seed". You can only use this effect of "Cubic Ascension" once per turn.

So we're just going the full U.A. treatment with Cubics in giving them Trap they'll never want to play on the field, right?

I mean, the on-field effect is perfect for helping meet the conditions for its GY effect.  Even if it is a battle trap, as a whole I'd almost rather have this on the field because there is 0 disadvantage for it.  If the opponent pops it: good, the opponent went minus because I can use its GY effect.  If not: good, I can negate the effects of their best monster and still use its GY effect.

A Spell Card from Bonds Beyond Time appears for Malefics, designed to help you search your key cards!

DxMFPT3UwAA3k3H.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

20TH-JPC07 Sin Selector (Malefic Selector)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Banish 2 “Malefic” cards from your GY; add 2 “Malefic” cards from your Deck to your hand, with different names from each other and those banished cards, except “Malefic Selector”

source: https://ygorganization.com/maleficselectionasopposedtonaturalselection/

o, on top of a Monster Reborn and a super search card, Malefics get a card to make them actually usable together.

DxMF82jUcAA__85.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

20TH-JPC16 Sin Territory (Malefic Territory)
Continuous Spell Card
(1) When this card is activated: You can activate 1 “Malefic World” from your Deck. While the card activated by this effect is in a Field Zone, neither player can target cards in Field Zones with effects.
(2) The “There can only be 1 face-up “Malefic” monster on the field” effects of “Malefic” monsters become “There cannot be face-up “Malefic” monsters with the same name on the field”.
(3) During the Battle Phase only, the effects of “Malefic” monsters are negated.

thank you tierra for that 2nd effect

1st effect really nice although World randomness still annoying

3rd effect allowing them for multi-attack. but sadly Skill Drain is still preferable. like come on konami you did several archetypal Skill Drain in the past and this archetype is the one that needed the most (barring Truth Dragon, that being said make Truth Dragon Playable would ya?)

4 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Interesting, the (2) effect is the first time in-game that a card continually changes a card's effects, isn't it?  Also, it doesn't state that it changes the effects of Malefics on the field.  Definitely something that makes me want to try making another deck with text change as the main gimmick (now that there is actual precedent).

Orcust Babel does a similar thing, turning the effects of all Orcusts in field and GY into Quick Effects.
Infernoid Decatron introduced an "effect replacement" effect, by the way.

A new Malefic monster appears, meant to make summoning your monsters even easier.

Dxlf25FU0AA2JGM.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

20TH-JPC15 Sin パラドクスギア (Malefic Paradox Gear)
Level 1 DARK Machine Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0

You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If a face-up Field Spell is on the field: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Malefic Parallel Gear” from your Deck, then add 1 “Malefic” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Malefic Parallel Gear”.
(2) If you would banish a monster to Special Summon a “Malefic” monster from your hand using its own procedure, you can banish this card from your field or GY instead.

Source: https://ygorganizati...adoxtoparallel/

So you need more draw and search power for your Malefic Deck?

DxwOH81V4AAAWpI.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

20TH-JPC08 Sin Tune (Malefic Tune)
Normal Trap Card
You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.
(1) If a face-up “Malefic” monster you control is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s effect: Draw 2 cards.
(2) If a face-up “Malefic” monster you control is destroyed, except by battle, while this card is in the GY: You can banish this card from the GY; add 1 “Malefic” monster from your Deck to the hand.

Source: https://ygorganizati...leavesfromeggs/

Spoiler

DxwOuEZUUAAifWI.jpg

20TH-JPC17 方界法 Houkai Dharma (Cubic Dharma)

Continuous Spell Card
You can only use the 1st and 3rd effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase: You can send 1 “Cubic” card from your hand to the GY, and if you do, draw 1 card.
(2) You take no battle damage from attacks involving “Cubic” monsters you control.
(3) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “Cubic” monster in your GY; add that monster to your hand.

Seems pretty nice.  Something you can actually use on the field practically (unlike Karma) that also has a good in-grave effect.

Edited by Tinkerer

More Dark Magician/Girl Support

Spoiler

Dx_X0r5UwAAvwYM.jpg

20TH-JPC09 黒・魔・導・連・弾(ブラックツインバースト) Black Twin Burst (Dark Magic Twin Burst)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Target 1 “Dark Magician” you control; until the end of the turn, that monster gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all “Dark Magician Girl” on the field and in both players’ GY.

Spoiler

Dx_YRPuV4AAhseE.jpg

20TH-JPC12 師弟の絆 Shitei no Kizuna (Bond Between Teacher and Student)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 card with this ard’s name per turn.
(1) If you control “Dark Magician”: Special Summon 1 “Dark Magician Girl” from your hand, Deck or GY. Then, you can Set 1 of the following directly from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Zone:
• “Dark Magic Attack”
• “Dark Burning Attack”
• “Dark Burning Magic”
• “Dark Magic Twin Burst”

(Why am I updating this...?)

Spoiler

DyJHsYtV4AANOjt.jpg

20TH-JPC10 Stardust Mirage
Normal Trap Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) If you control a Level 8 or higher Dragon Synchro Monster: Special Summon as many monsters as possible that were destroyed by battle or an opponent’s effect and sent to your GY this turn.

Spoiler

DyOBWZCU8AAP1mZ.jpg

20TH-JPC11 Kiseki no Magic Gate (Magic Gate of Miracles)
Normal Spell Card
(1) If you control 2 or more Spellcaster monsters: Change 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls to Defense Position, then gain control of it, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle.

Magic Gate seems pretty good.  If you control 2 Spellcasters, non-targeting Snatch Steal 1 opponent's monster (except a Link)?  Not bad, but it might fall to the wayside like Zombie Necronize.

D5qH6yN.jpg?1
20TH-C13 身代わりの闇 Migawari no Yami (Dark Sacrifice)
Normal Trap
(1) When your opponent activates a card or effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field: negate that effect, then send 1 Level 3 or lower DARK monster from your Deck to the GY.

I like this one. Looks like a fun tech in Shaddolls since they got Hedgehog and Falco to mill. BAs also could have some fun with it. May not be Quick-Play as My Body as Shield but in exchange this also covers Spell/Trap destruction. And if "Dark" Normal Traps like this and Dark Renewal ever get search support, they could see some relevant play, IDK.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

D5qH6yN.jpg?1
20TH-C13 身代わりの闇 Migawari no Yami (Dark Sacrifice)
Normal Trap
(1) When your opponent activates a card or effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field: negate that effect, then send 1 Level 3 or lower DARK monster from your Deck to the GY.

I like this one. Looks like a fun tech in Shaddolls since they got Hedgehog and Falco to mill. BAs also could have some fun with it. May not be Quick-Play as My Body as Shield but in exchange this also covers Spell/Trap destruction. And if "Dark" Normal Traps like this and Dark Renewal ever get search support, they could see some relevant play, IDK.

I dunno. It's fine conceptually, but it's just really slow and pretty specific. Practically speaking, it doesn't help going second and it doesn't do anything to an opponent building up a board. It might've been good a few years ago, but it's probably too late for this card to shine at a high level.

Would be fun to use against Pendulum Magicians though.

6 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I dunno. It's fine conceptually, but it's just really slow and pretty specific. Practically speaking, it doesn't help going second and it doesn't do anything to an opponent building up a board. It might've been good a few years ago, but it's probably too late for this card to shine at a high level.

Would be fun to use against Pendulum Magicians though.

Well, that also goes for the Solemns and most Counter Traps. This would be better sided for when you go first in a match.
I did notice that it doesn't destroy the card doing the destruction, so that means that instead of netting a +1 with the negation + mill-into-float, it may just break even as a +0 at times, for instance against a monster doing the destruction.