Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

whIkgqw.png

"Me going against the grain!? YOU'RE ONE OF THE IDIOTS THAT WAS FIGHTING THE TEACHER!" 

"What the hell did you just call me you little brat!?"  Misu repaid his glance with a fiery stare of her own, her teeth clenched tightly as the words were barely able to escape.  

"Because for some reason, you all thought it was a good idea to listen to some random guy in the forest!" Suda stepped towards her, as she did the same, almost shaking the bus with a stomp. "For some reason, that dumb little brain of yours couldn't fathom the idea that, maybe, he might have been tricking you. But noooo! Let's not listen to our Professional Hero teacher! Why would we trust him at all! That would be silly! Red Guy is waaaaay more trustworthy!" He turned to Val, but she was already on the warpath, swinging her arm in a circular motion.  

"The teacher ain't the only one I'm gonna pummel today!  No one calls me stupid and walks away breathin'!"  She was stopped when the preppy boy almost began to cry.  

"I can't exclude other people from being affected by my orbs - I would have only gotten in Springlock's way. As for who hurt Diana, considering that she was trying to stop Red Guy from stopping our mission, and the fact that I found her in... in a pool of her own... blood..." He paused, stepping back away from them. "I'd imagine that maybe, and here me out on this one, just maybe, Red Guy stabbed her. But what do I know? I'm just the only person in this bus with a working brain cell!  I just want to know - dying to know - what exactly crossed your minds when you trusted that bastard!? Because if you lot are the heroes of tomorrow, we're all screwed!" 

"...don't...you DARE insult us like that. We did...what we thought was right and you shouldn't be criticizing us for doing that...between all of us, Misu only wanted an excuse to fight Spring Lock, since that's how she is. ...no offense, Misu."

"Well it's the truth, ain't it?"  Misu groaned, as she expelled some steam from her mouth.

"I made a gut decision...something about the whole situation sucks, I know it, but I still made a choice I thought was right. Whether or not it was, that's on me. But I will be DAMNED if you insult me or anyone else in such a manner, especially when I did what I did to help a friend out." 

"Hah!  What a freakin' cliche!"  Misu pointed towards Yuudai, as she snorted.  She started to imitate a character from an RPG she used to play in an attempt to mock him.  "'I fight for my friends'!  Get real, loser."  She turned back towards Suda, cracking her knuckles. "As for you, I do what I want...no teacher can make me do anythin' I don't wanna do.  That goes for Spring Lock, and Ms. Hitotsume too!"  She walked up towards Suda, who had backed off considerably, but was still insulting them.  "So what are you gonna do?  Are you gonna keep running that mouth of yours, or am I gonna have to put you in the dirt?"  

“Sensei, Crimson-san has a very powerful Quirk.  I was only barely able to escape injury myself, and I was not who he was fighting. If he wished, he could have killed both of us. I can see why you were very concerned about him.  However, I think he is a good person. He did wish to help Silver-san escape his captors and worked with us to help him. When he did hurt Seigi-san, he only did it to protect himself and he went to get help right after. I just pray that whoever he is working for has his best interests at heart."

"Is that so?"  Spring Lock said with a sigh of relief.  "Good.  He hasn't changed at all since I last saw him then..."  Spring Lock was tense until this point, but that sigh had relaxed his posture somewhat.  "I know it's hard to believe, but he and I used to work together back in the day...before the government was involved with Quirks and Heroes.  He was a jerk...and a clown...but he was a good person."  He went to rub the base of his neck, sighing once more.  "But after the laws flooded in, we parted ways.  I had a family...he didn't.  I had more to lose if I didn't accept the Government's offers."  He turned to Katsurou to place a hand on his shoulder.

"Ignorance is bliss, huh?  You're the first generation where Heroes are commonplace because of these laws...I wish I could be so naive sometimes."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Impromptu teamwork ain't my thing, 'kay? But don't think I'm just gonna drop out just 'cause we made some bad moves out there  Anything's better than bein' kicked out by ma. Don't have to many couches I can hop between."

Ms. Hitotsume took a small scoop of Ice cream, and placed it in her mouth rather seductively.  She pulled it out slowly, as she winked towards Itsuki.  

"My couch is always open..."  She said, pursing her lips.  She patted on her thighs, before whispering towards him.  "These make for a pretty good pillow you know?  You can rely on your tea-cher."  The facade ended once the air escaped her nostrils, prompting her to laugh.  "Well?  Is your heart throbbing yet?!"  Her eyes were closed, yet three eyes appeared from out of view to watch his reaction.  They shrunk away once she stopped laughing, as she looked to Itsuki with concern.  "In all honesty, Itsuki...I can make arrangements any time you want...so please don't hesitate to ask for help."  She shoveled in another scoop of ice cream.  "It's what we heroes do best, right?"  

"Everybody knows vampires aren't real!" Hibiki had gone on, answering her prior question. "...right?"

"I dunno."  Ms. Hitotsume shrugged, with a spoon in her mouth.

"Well, in recorded history, vampires have only ever been the subject of pure fiction, historical or otherwise. But, that could have easily changed with quirks. After all, there's still so much we don't know about them that who knows what could be possible? I'm sure that, even if you might not be able to turn people into vampires now, there's no telling if it's just laying dormant in you, ready to come out and transform you into a true creature of the night!  Of course that says very villainous, but I'm sure you could spin it to be some kind of anti-hero. Maybe with your bright demeanor you could even be just a regular hero, that happens to be part vampire. That doesn't happen very often but I'm sure if you worked at you could work with that kind of a spin.  Oh, what about you Sensei? Was your quirk always like the way it is now?"

"I'm surprised no one asked about my quirk sooner!"  She said with a smile.  "When I turned four, I could see out of an extra eye on my shoulder...it was really confusing, and It made me very disoriented.  The doctors gave me an eye patch to sling over it, and that helped a lot.  They were kinda like pimples...appearing and then disappearing.  They were super embarrassing!"  She sat back in her chair and huffed.  "I had so many fashionable eye patches but man was it tough.  And if I focused too hard, those lasers would shoot out of 'em!"  She started swirling the melting ice cream in it's cup.  "But with a little training, I was able to move them around my body, and keep them shut until I needed them...Out of sight, out of mind."  To demonstrate, she moved an eye up her neck, and onto her forehead.  It blinked, as it looked towards Yuuka.  "Quirks are like muscles...if you know how to work it out, it'll get stronger.  You'll be able to control it better!"  

A sly smile traced her mouth.

"Which is what we're gonna work on with you losers next!"  

"Yeah, you could say it didn't go so hot. I basically misunderstood how a villain's quirk worked and juiced his quirk to the max, and he went nuclear on us, I did the number one rookie mistake of the business: I was too cocky, and Taro paid the price. I gotta say, pain really sucks. So, what happened to you? Got anything to do with all... that?

That's a bit of an understatement, as it was more damaging than getting a sprained ankle, but what is Herc exactly gesturing about? Her face? From this distance, it seemed fine though Taro didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. It wasn’t until Diana lifted up her sheets to reveal a very bloody banded up leg, she seemed to be despondent just as much as Taro is about his condition. The thought of his other classmates came to mind and wondered how they are faring. It would seem that she was the only one in the hospital from her group here, assuming it wasn't that bad as she made it be. Rather have muscles torn than a broken bone. . . well 5 broken bones.

But what happened to you, exactly? You look a lot more... <naked> than usual, Herc."

“Hasn’t Herc always look like that? Outside of the bandages? However, and albeit, given the position we are in, I think it’ll be beneficially good to take our minds off of what has happened today. This would give us a better opportunity to learn more about each other since we’ll be here for a while. I mean we are all in this together for the long haul, wouldn’t you say?” Taro sat up a back more, though it was uncomfortable moving up an inch, lying down was uncouth even in a hospital bed. “I think we would be doing a disservice if we just moped about, besides, I want to make new friends.”

ksARFRH.png

"Well, in recorded history, vampires have only ever been the subject of pure fiction, historical or otherwise. But, that could have easily changed with quirks. After all, there's still so much we don't know about them that who knows what could be possible? I'm sure that, even if you might not be able to turn people into vampires now, there's no telling if it's just laying dormant in you, ready to come out and transform you into a true creature of the night!  Of course that says very villainous, but I'm sure you could spin it to be some kind of anti-hero. Maybe with your bright demeanor you could even be just a regular hero, that happens to be part vampire. That doesn't happen very often but I'm sure if you worked at you could work with that kind of a spin. Oh, what about you Sensei? Was your quirk always like the way it is now?"

Creature of the night... it WOULD be nice to not have the sun in my eyes all the time. While listening in on Ms. Hitotsume's story about her Quirk and how she learned to hone it over time, Hibiki couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if she'd had the same initiative. She'd definitely be able to fly, for one. Maybe her hearing would be sharper too? And her voice attacks stronger? But she didn't want to be just a sonic weapon that could fly. It was the teacher's finishing comments that most caught Hibiki's attention.

"Quirks are like muscles...if you know how to work it out, it'll get stronger. You'll be able to control it better! Which is what we're gonna work on with you losers next!"

What exactly was Hibiki supposed to work out with her Quirk? Besides the obvious of wing exercises - which she'd been doing plenty of lately thanks to helpful workout videos online from other people whose Quirks gave them wings - what else was worth putting in the effort of improving? Hibiki made a mental note, that doing some research on the characteristics of bats was well overdue, to give her new points to focus on going forward, as well as give her new ideas on what to work on.

Hibiki took another bite of ice cream... or so she'd thought. The only thing her mouth closed on was an empty spoon. She looked down at the bowl. Empty. What a shame. For a short moment, Hibiki couldn't help but wonder if the injured students were okay. Which then caused her thoughts to drift to those villain twins, and their Quirks. "Do twins usually have Quirks that are related somehow?" the bat girl inquired.

Valerie's fist clenched. This was getting to be a problem. The others seemed about ready to come to blows and there wasn't really anyone there to stop them.

Sure, Valerie was annoyed with what Suda said, but it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. With a grunt she got up from her seat. "Listen. Had he decided to fight us in the forest that's one thing but fighting like this after everything's said and done is pointless." She nodded at Misu. "Passion is great! Excellent! Every hero needs it. But beating him down here isn't heroic in the slightest. Even if you don't care about being a hero, well, I do. You can do what you want but when I see someone aiming to beat down someone not doing anything wrong." She pounded her fist into her open palm. "I'm not gonna just sit by you know."

That being said she felt that she should at least respond to Suda's accusations. Though, as she thought about it, she didn't really have much to say. "You might think I was dumb, or wrong, to choose the side I chose. But I can only go with what I feel is right. As for heroes of tomorrow goes." Valerie gave the boy a broad grin.

"Guess it's a good thing you don't have a say in who gets to be a hero."

Honestly she didn't really care what he, or any of the others, said about her. She was going to become the best regardless of what her fellow students thought. She'd show them her drive and determination and in the end make sure there was no question in anyone's mind who was number one.

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda clutched his cheek after getting struck by Yuudai, before he gave some generic saying about friendship you'd see in a Saturday morning cartoon. Even Misu thought it was corny, although she was still overall mad about being called what she was. As Misu threatened him, Suda was prepared to launch the girl and the rest of these clowns straight to the back of the bus, but then Val spoke up. Suda simply growled as he glancing towards Val, before he returned his gaze to Misu. He had no idea if this meat head was about to listen to Val, but for now he'd comply. "Why don't you listen to her, eh?" He glanced over to Yuudai, giving him the nastiest grimace.

"That's cute and all, repeating the things you see on television, but I think you forget that one of our classmates is in the fucking hospital because of what 'you thought was right'!" He hissed. "You don't get to throw a pity party for yourself after messing up like that and someone calls you out on it!" He stepped up to Yuudai. "And you certainly don't get to punch someone in the face because you don't like what they say!" Suda crossed his arms.

He then turned to Misu. "And you. Why are you even here? You clearly don't want to be a hero, all you're doing is giving us with actual purpose a bad name." He said, shaking his head. "If all you care about is beating people up, you're no better than a villain. The fact that they let you in is an embarrassment!"

Finally, he turned to Val. He let out a 'tch' before responding. "At least one of you has some sense of how brutish this whole situation is." He said, before he started making his way towards the bus door. "I've had enough with you all. If there's anything in those heads of yours, you'll stay here." He said, walking backwards as he headed out the door. If anyone tried to follow him, they would be greeted by an orb with more than enough force to pin them to the ground.

ohSLUWk.png

"No, it has nothing to do with... all this," Diana sighed, making Herc tilt his head. "We were chasing down an escaped creature, and some guy got in the way. Crimson or Scarlet Skull or something. I tried to attack him, and, well..." Diana pulled the covers down and showed her left leg to the duo, the bloody bandage around it apparent. Covering it up again and laying back in the bed, Diana puffed her cheeks out before continuing. "His spikes got me. I got one good hit in, and then I passed out from blood loss. <Some hero I am...> Maybe I just got cocky, too... But what happened to you, exactly? You look a lot more... <naked> than usual, Herc."

Well, it seemed she had something she wanted to keep secret. There was a lot of things he could here... maybe he could lie and say that his horn was a lie detector and get her to tell him about that eye thing. That didn't seem right though. He'd just leave it alone for now. There was other things to talk about anyways.

“Hasn’t Herc always look like that? Outside of the bandages? However, and albeit, given the position we are in, I think it’ll be beneficially good to take our minds off of what has happened today. This would give us a better opportunity to learn more about each other since we’ll be here for a while. I mean we are all in this together for the long haul, wouldn’t you say?” Taro sat up a back more, lying down was uncouth even in a hospital bed. “I think we would be doing a disservice if we just moped about, besides, I want to make new friends.”

"Well, I mean, my endoskeleton's a bit broken. Apparently a thug going nuclear isn't good for the skin," Herc said as he lifted up an arm, directing it at Diana. "I'm not hundred percent sure how long it'll take to heal... if it does at all. Doc's no help either, I'm the first of my kind they've ever treated. I'll ask my pops about it when the sun rises in America," He explained. He took one of the seats and slowly sit down. It was a bit of a tight squeeze, and the chair was creaking, but he managed it. "So then, whatcha all wanna talk about? Should I talk about how once I was a normal young boy, with normal human features, before I was bitten by a radioactive handsome actor and mutated into this beetle form?" He joked.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

c8vVeoJ.png

"Hah!  What a freakin' cliche! 'I fight for my friends'!  Get real, loser."

....the fuck is she talking about? Yuudai looked at Misu, not a clue on what she was talking about. What cliché? Fight for my friends? That's...not what he was saying. Where the hell did she even get that dumb idea fr-

"That's cute and all, repeating the things you see on television, but I think you forget that one of our classmates is in the fucking hospital because of what 'you thought was right'! You don't get to throw a pity party for yourself after messing up like that and someone calls you out on it! And you certainly don't get to punch someone in the face because you don't like what they say!"

And yet again...ANOTHER one said this. That's not what he was saying. Friends? Literally there was no one here in this bus he considered a friend. Herc, most likely, but everyone else was just a classmate and nothing more for the moment. And Suda? Yuudai really just hated how he went straight for Silver and just his overall attitude. So where these guys were trying to get at about him apparently acting all cliché and repeating shit on TV was beyond him. He clenched his fists again, feeling his strained muscles attempting to do it's spinning, but was to no avail.

"...first off...this whole repeating shit I see on television, you guys must be stupid. Especially when I don't see anything like that when I watch things." Yuudai said, looking at Suda and Misu. "Second...I didn't throw a pity party, as you claimed Suda. If you want a pity party, watch a soap opera. Third...I punched you because of one reason. That being: I refuse to have my actions be criticized, especially by another Hero in Training. If I want to be criticized, I'll wait until the media talks about how I've done something...after all, they're great at that..."

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka intently listened as Ms. Hitotsume explained to them the origin of her quirk, seeming eager to learn all she could about their teacher's power. Due to not having a third eye herself, she couldn't imagine how seeing through one or more eyes actually felt like. All the same, it had sounded like an unpleasant experience growing up and she couldn't imagine the heat death rays that spawned from them made it any better. All the same, the degree of control she had on her quirk presently was truly something to be commended. As the woman explained about the practice needed to achieve it, the girl was skeptical at best about it. Not so much that it was true - she had now doubt that her teacher had worked hard to achieve mastery and evolution of her power as it was now.

However, Yuuka was more skeptical of if she should. As far as she was aware, there was nothing heroic about a quirk that only poisoned people, and she was more concerned about what could happen to others if it did get more potent. Though, she couldn't deny that it had been helpful in bringing down Renegade, and to able to do so quicker would in fact cause less long run harm. Quite a conundrum. 

While Yuuka was wrapped up in her own thoughts, it was then that Hibiki seemed to have a query of her own on quirks. Shifting her thoughts more on the subject, she looked to her classmate saying, "it's likely. Quirks are, after all, just something genetic correct? And there's no two people in the world more genetically similar then twins, so it would stand to reason that their quirks are similar if not the same."

“Hasn’t Herc always look like that? Outside of the bandages? However, and albeit, given the position we are in, I think it’ll be beneficially good to take our minds off of what has happened today. This would give us a better opportunity to learn more about each other since we’ll be here for a while. I mean we are all in this together for the long haul, wouldn’t you say? I think we would be doing a disservice if we just moped about, besides, I want to make new friends.”

"Well, I mean, my endoskeleton's a bit broken. Apparently a thug going nuclear isn't good for the skin. I'm not hundred percent sure how long it'll take to heal... if it does at all. Doc's no help either, I'm the first of my kind they've ever treated. I'll ask my pops about it when the sun rises in America... So then, whatcha all wanna talk about? Should I talk about how once I was a normal young boy, with normal human features, before I was bitten by a radioactive handsome actor and mutated into this beetle form?"

"I dunno, Herc looks a bit more... busted. <I guess>. As for what to talk about, I dunno that, either." Diana pulled her knees up and hugged them a bit, pursing her lips in thought, "Well, maybe Herc's silly idea is a good one. Why don't we talk about our motivations or origins or <whatever>? Like, I moved here from America after some trouble, and I thought I was quirkless, once upon a time. <Crazy, huh>?"

Diana leaned back and reclined, gently playing with some of the loose hair hanging down from her head. It was a fine topic, but how much was too much to say? Did that make her sound like a delinquent or something? Would they expect that of her, or would they know better? Maybe she should have just never touched the topic, due to how sensitive it was for her...

"But let's hear more about that radioactive handsome actor, hmm?"

"Is that so? Good.  He hasn't changed at all since I last saw him then...I know it's hard to believe, but he and I used to work together back in the day...before the government was involved with Quirks and Heroes.  He was a jerk...and a clown...but he was a good person."

Katsurou felt satisfied as Spring Lock’s revelation confirmed his gut feelings about the mysterious Scarlet Skeleton. After all, Scarlet intentionally went back towards Spring Lock, who was bound by law to arrest him, in order to get Diana help. It also explained why the two seemed already quite familiar with each other.

"But after the laws flooded in, we parted ways.  I had a family...he didn't.  I had more to lose if I didn't accept the Government's offer."

The brief moment of silence held a poignant feeling of nostalgia to Katsurou. It was clear that the Lord had his plans for the two. Unfortunately, a lasting friendship was not a part of theirs. 

“Sensei…” was all he could muster, giving a regretful expression. He wanted to express his condolences, but the proper words did not come through. 

"Ignorance is bliss, huh?  You're the first generation where Heroes are commonplace because of these laws...I wish I could be so naive sometimes."  

Katsurou meditated on this fact. Indeed, it was more than just a coincidence that being a hero being enshrined in law just as he embarked on his path of redemption. 

“I am blessed to have the chance to become a hero, sensei. I don’t think I would be able to embark on this journey if you had not showed us the path,” Katsurou said, pausing for a moment before continuing, “I hope you and Scarlet Skeleton will be able to work together again.”

Itsuki

"My couch is always open..."  Ms. Hitotsume said, leaning into Itsuki closer. "These make for a pretty good pillow you know?  You can rely on your tea-cher." She then laughed.  "Well?  Is your heart throbbing yet?!" 

Itsuki sat there in stunned silence, the spoonful of ice-cream that he was about eat now running down the side of his face.

"In all honesty, Itsuki...I can make arrangements any time you want...so please don't hesitate to ask for help."  She shoveled in another scoop of ice cream.  "It's what we heroes do best, right?"  

"I think I need an adult..." Itsuki muttered as he attempted to wipe the ice cream from his face, missing his mark in the process.

By the time Itsuki managed to snap out of his stupor, he noticed that Ms. Hitotsume was still talking. "...Quirks are like muscles...if you know how to work it out, it'll get stronger.  You'll be able to control it better! Which is what we're gonna work on with you losers next!"

That shouldn't be too bad, Itsuki thought to himself. It's not like my quirk's one of those super-strength ones or whatever. It probably won't be anything too physical or difficult. Itsuki then thought more about his quirk, and almost inhaled his spoon as he realized what his quirk exercise was going to be like.

"Haha, well hoo wee too bad some of us have quirks that can't really get better am I right my lads?" Itsuki laughed nervously, though he knew deep down that he wasn't kidding anyone. The problem with his quirk was that not only did making a barrier in itself require focus, he also needed to maintain a very accurate and consistent mental image of the shape, size, and position of the barrier. If Ms. Hitotsume intended for him to eventually reach the stage of being able to maintain complex shapes with ease, he could only imagine the kind of mental strain he was going to be put under. Just the thought of the headaches alone made Itsuki wish his quirk was something as simple as just working out.

ksARFRH.png

"It's likely. Quirks are, after all, just something genetic correct? And there's no two people in the world more genetically similar then twins, so it would stand to reason that their quirks are similar if not the same."

"Is that so..." How did her Quirk relate to Hikari's then? Some research was probably in order, but Hibiki certainly didn't want to put in that much effort over something so trivial. But now it was bothering her. Like an itch in her brain. Something that couldn't be scratched by conventional means, and required information instead. But as much as twin villains were probably rare, twin heroes were probably just as rare. Hibiki couldn't imagine records of them being easy to come across.

"Haha, well hoo wee too bad some of us have quirks that can't really get better am I right my lads?"

"Right!" That was a good way to get off this disappointing train of thought. Hibiki happily took to the chance, and began thinking about her classmates and what they could all do. "Like, um... hmmm... like Herc! He's crazy strong, and sturdy too! He can stick to walls too, and is really big. It doesn't get much better than that, right? He really hit the Quirk jackpot! Dunno how it could get much better than all that in one bundle."

whIkgqw.png

"Passion is great! Excellent! Every hero needs it. But beating him down here isn't heroic in the slightest. Even if you don't care about being a hero, well, I do. You can do what you want but when I see someone aiming to beat down someone not doing anything wrong." She pounded her fist into her open palm. "I'm not gonna just sit by you know."

Misu's grin was wide as she looked at the display.  

"You know I've wanted to have a go 'atcha!  That ain't nothin' but a temptin' offer!"  Misu said, mirroring the pose, as a puff of steam erupted from the collision.  

"That's cute and all, repeating the things you see on television, but I think you forget that one of our classmates is in the fucking hospital because of what 'you thought was right'!  You don't get to throw a pity party for yourself after messing up like that and someone calls you out on it!" He stepped up to Yuudai. "And you certainly don't get to punch someone in the face because you don't like what they say!" He then turned to Misu. "And you. Why are you even here? You clearly don't want to be a hero, all you're doing is giving us with actual purpose a bad name." He said, shaking his head. "If all you care about is beating people up, you're no better than a villain. The fact that they let you in is an embarrassment!"

"What do you know about me?"  Misu turned to him, rattling her fist.  "I got my reasons!  And I ain't gotta explain nothing to you!"  

"At least one of you has some sense of how brutish this whole situation is." He said, before he started making his way towards the bus door. "I've had enough with you all. If there's anything in those heads of yours, you'll stay here."

"Second...I didn't throw a pity party, as you claimed Suda. If you want a pity party, watch a soap opera. Third...I punched you because of one reason. That being: I refuse to have my actions be criticized, especially by another Hero in Training. If I want to be criticized, I'll wait until the media talks about how I've done something...after all, they're great at that..."

"Huh?"  Misu looked at the boy with a dumbfounded expression.  "Geez...you got somethin' you wanna get off your chest, loser?"  She sat down in her seat, and kicked up her feet.  "And I thought I had anger issues...when I punch people, it's for a good reason!  Heh!"  She snickered, before letting her hat cover her face.  "Now, wake me up when we get back to school."  

In about an hour, the bus driver had returned with Suda in tow.  It was an awkward ride back to the school, but they had to take it to get back home.  

“I am blessed to have the chance to become a hero, sensei. I don’t think I would be able to embark on this journey if you had not showed us the path,” Katsurou said, pausing for a moment before continuing, “I hope you and Scarlet Skeleton will be able to work together again.”

Spring Lock could only laugh.  

"I don't think so, kid."  He perked up at the thought of something.  "Oh!  Don't worry about me telling the school what you did.  I'll just report that we couldn't find anything in the forests besides animals.  We don't need you all getting kicked out for thinking you did the right thing."  He then turned to Katsurou with his hands pressed together.  "Also, please don't tell the others I said any of this!  They think I'm cool, right?!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Do twins usually have Quirks that are related somehow?"

"It's likely. Quirks are, after all, just something genetic correct? And there's no two people in the world more genetically similar then twins, so it would stand to reason that their quirks are similar if not the same."

Ms. Hitotsume's fingers shot in the air.  

"Bingo!  Bingo!  That's exactly the case.  Your genes have all the impact on what your quirk is, so it stands to reason that certain lineages will contain certain quirks!  Twins would understandably have extremely similar quirks!"  She winked at Yuuka.  "You've been studying hard, I see! I must be an awesome teacher."  

"Haha, well hoo wee too bad some of us have quirks that can't really get better am I right my lads?"

"Oh?"  Ms. Hitotsume purred, raising an eyebrow.  "I'm sure I can find a way to..."  She licked her lips, "push you to your limits...I'm sure of that."  

"Right!" The little bat girl responded. "Like, um... hmmm... like Herc! He's crazy strong, and sturdy too! He can stick to walls too, and is really big. It doesn't get much better than that, right? He really hit the Quirk jackpot! Dunno how it could get much better than all that in one bundle."

"Bingo!  Right again!  Herc is very strong!  However,"  Ms. Hitotsume took a pen out of her purse and scribbled on a napkin.  She showed the student's a crude drawing of different beetle species, "Herc may have abilities even he isn't aware of.  If you think you know everything about your quirk, then you are dead wrong."  She crossed her leg, as she sat back, looking at her drawings.  "I'm sure you've done this and that with your quirk thinking that there's no way it could do more.  But you're dumb kids.  You probably tie your shoelaces the same way everyday too.  But there are so many more possibilities if you put your mind to it."  A waitress came to the table and placed the bill in front of Ms. Hitotsume.  "Do you accept the National Heroes Bank card here?"  The waitress frowned as she shook her head.  "Riiiiiight...run for it!"  Ms. Hitotsume instructed her students to follow her onto the bus.  

"Send the bill to U.A.!"  She laughed, as they boarded they all boarded the bus.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

A few days of boring classes had gone by, enough time to give the kids with major injuries some time to rest before returning.  For Misu, it was hell.  All she wanted to do was punch something.  After school, she was too busy studying to beat up the local gang members.  She stared at her math homework, frizzling her hair at the thought of calculus.  

"Why'sa hero gotta know this stuff!"  She roared.  Everyone in the house could be heard hushing her.  She scribbled down her answers furiously throughout the night, pounding away at her calculator.  The next morning, she woke up with major bedhead, but tamed it as best she could.  On the news, another lab was broken into.  Misu rubbed the back of her neck.  Was it that one dude's fault?  Her father could be heard typing away, saying that these lab break ins were certainly suspicious.  

"What's even more suspicious is that we haven't heard about hero activity surrounding it!  I smell a conspiracy!"  

"Just make sure that story sells, pops..."  Misu sighed, as she walked out the door.  The walk to school was annoying, as thugs could be seen snickering at her uniform.  If she pummeled the crap out of them, she'd just be late again.  And if she was late too many times, it'd probably spell a suspension, or worse.  She groaned, as she grit her teeth and bore it.  Once she had arrived to class, Ms. Hitotsume greeted her.  For once, the lady was early.  Once everyone had arrived, she clapped her hands.  

"Alright you bums!  I know you're all excited for what I have in store for you today!"  She started writing on the board in rather large letters.  When she was done, it read 'Extreme Quirk Testing'.  "I've only gotten a taste of your quirks, and how they function!  But today, I want to see you go all out!  So let's go!"  She lead the students to a facility separate from the school.  In a creepily white building, there were multiple doors that lead into a dark room, lit only by neon green lights on the wall, and blue light on the floor tiles.  "Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you!"  Ms. Hitotsume stuck a tongue out at the students.  Misu could only smile, as she always had wanted to go all out like never before.  Thugs broke too easily, but if the stuff in that room was indestructible, she could really let loose.  "Now please select a room, and we'll get started with how far we can push your quirks!"  

"Hell yeah!"  Misu pumped her fist in the air, before choosing the room closest to the students.  She walked in, and was greeted with the cool neon lights, before the door shut behind her.  The air compressed as the door closed, making quite the seal.  Her toe tapped impatiently, as she waited for her specific training to begin.  

With the fight averted Valerie decided to simply take a seat. "If you want to fight me you'll have to find a better place than a bus in the middle of some trees." Valerie informed Misu. She didn't bother with disputing what Yuudai said. She appreciated the assistance he gave but it had become clear to her that their ideals weren't necessarily the same.

In the end she had no reason to concern herself with Yuudai and Misu's point of view. She was on her own path and she wasn't going to divert it for anyone.

---

By the time she got home her mother had already gone off to work. The door was unlocked, as always, and Valerie spent the first ten minutes searching through the house to check if anything was stolen.

Which was when she found the fridge open and empty of its contents.

With a sigh the girl closed it, left the house, locked the door behind her, and jogged to the nearest gas station.

The next day Valerie found a note stuck to the fridge "Next time you're going to eat all the food at least have the decency to restock."

Valerie glanced over at the living room where the television was on and her mother, fully dressed, was asleep on the couch. She wanted to say something, to tell her mother off for leaving the door unlocked again, but she knew how pointless that would be. So she just stayed silent and went to school just like any other day.

---

Several days past and Valerie realized that her mother had stopped buying food beyond what she ate herself. The girl still had a bit of money leftover from some jobs she had taken but she knew if this kept up she'd need to get a part time job in order to pay for her own food. It was with frustration and a bit of hunger that Valerie made her way to class. Not expecting much different from the previous days.

Seems she was wrong. "Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you!"

Valerie was grateful for the chance to go all out. "I guess we'll see just how indestructible these rooms are eh? Anyone else gonna find out if we can manage to break these things?" Valerie asked with a grin. She strode confidently to the next nearest room and moved to about the middle before placing her fists on her hips. She hoped they could give her a good enough warm-up.

c8vVeoJ.png

When Yuudai got home that evening, he ended up not saying much of anything to his family about the whole trip. It all still lingered on in his mind and everything he said too. Half the stuff, now that he thought about it, it didn't make sense and it did end up sounding cheesy as hell. Emotions were high for him, and he supposed he wasn't thinking clearly when speaking on the bus...would explain why he outright punched the hell out of Suda. With a groan, he laid across his bed, just staring at the ceiling.

He laid in silence, until a knock was heard at his door. Yuudai sat up and immediately saw Daisuke walk in, smiling. "Hey kiddo." he said, walking in before closing the door and sitting down on the chair by Yuudai's desk. "So, you want to tell me what's eating you?"

"...that obvious that something's wrong...?"

"Obvious or not, you ARE my son Yuudai. Contrary to belief, parents can tell when something's wrong with their kids." Daisuke chuckled. "Think of it as...a parent's non-official Quirk. So, c'mon...talk to me."

Yuudai let out a sigh, slowly sitting up as he crossed his legs. He ran his hand through his hair some, before looking at his father and sighed yet again. "...alright...well..." Thus, Yuudai began to explain the entire trip to Daisuke, every detail and every word spoken that he was around for. All the while, he could see his father's demeanor and face not change once as he listened to Yuudai explain everything to him about this little excursion he went on.

"...after that...I punched Suda in the face for something he said. I mean, I don't honestly know why I did, but it's like..."

"Emotions were high, I get it. Not only that, your adrenaline was probably going pretty quick as well." Daisuke nodded. "No wonder you couldn't think clearly."

After finally explaining everything to his father, Yuudai looked at him and sighed once more. "Dad, have you...have you ever thought about something you've done...and then after it was all done, question if it was the right decision?"

There was a silence coming from Daisuke as this question floated in the air for a bit. Finally the older red headed male finally spoke. "Only once. Strangely enough, it was when your mother had you." he began, seeing Yuudai's face shift into a questioning one. "I myself was having doubts as a father. I've told you about how your grandfather was a lousy father to me, but that was all I knew. I truthfully had thought before about not wanting to be someone like him. And well, when me and your mother got married and not too long after she got pregnant with you, I began to second guess myself."

Yuudai began to nod slowly, understanding somewhat what his father was saying. "...how'd you ever get over that feeling?"

"That's the tricky part...you really never do." Daisuke sighed. "There are days that I still believe I'm going to fail...and there have been days where I have. But through it all, I know that the decisions I've made, I made them personally. You take responsibility for those choices, good or bad, and you own them. And if you fail, just be humble about it and do the best you can to rectify the problem right there and then."

"Alright..." he finally nodded, getting up just as Daisuke stood up. "Thanks dad..." The two shared a small father-son hug before Daisuke left Yuudai to his own devices. The young man sighed a bit, running his hands through his hair some as he tried to think. ...guess this means I have to apologize to not only Suda...but the others too...just because of my attitude.

HQiOaTA.png?1

A few days passed since that fateful trip and since then, Yuudai had did his best to apologize to Suda and the others on the forest trip, including Spring Lock. Now whether or not they happened to accept his apologies, that was on them, he just knew he had to apologize for acting like an idiot and to even make the decision he did. Nevertheless, he sat in class this day and watched as Ms. Hitotsume walk in and write something on the board: Extreme Quirk Testing.

"Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you!"

"Training rooms? Well, that's actually pretty interesting." Yuudai nodded, already walking into a nearby room with a shrug. Honestly, after that day, I've been meaning to try and do more and more work with utilizing my chain-belt muscles to do more shredding...cause it did seem to do at least something to Spring Lock...

mVvsZap.png?1

While Yuuka had been thinking about twins and their quirks, she giggled a bit as she was praised by her teacher and her teacher, in turn, praised herself. she was brought back by Itsuki's comment about improvement. And as well as Hibiki's agreement with that. Frowning a bit, the girl nodded along as their teacher had told them that there was still more to learn about their own quirks. She was positive that Hibiki seemed to be just as blessed with her bundle of abilities that she had gotten from being a bat, and she could hardly believe that the energetic girl hadn't thought about what other bat things she could do. And she was already aware, based on their first meeting, that Itsuki still didn't have a full mastery of his own quirk.

All the same, the girl was quite enthused about the prospect of thinking of how to develop other people's quirks. These thoughts as well, however, were broken up as it appeared that their method of payment wasn't valid at the ice cream shop. Having no money herself, Yuuka simply stood up with a smile on her face, saying, "I apologize for the inconvenience." With that, the girl ran out of the building alongside her teacher. 

With the door of her house being unlocked, and seeing the shoes at the front entrance, Yuuka took her own off and simply said, "Mom, I'm home." When there was no response, the girl frowned as she moved started to move further into her house, hearing an all too familiar noise as she made her way to the living room. The sound of light snoring was the sound that accompanied the sight of Yuuka's mother sleeping on the couch. The woman seemed to have her bag at the side of the couch, with some papers scattered around the table. Sighing, Yuuka said, "Mom. Moooom." As the woman seemed to be fast asleep, Yuuka tried to figure out how else to wake the woman up as she couldn't just jostle her awake. As she was thinking, though, she caught a glance of herself in the reflection of her window. 

Raising an eyebrow, the girl moved to the bathroom, looking at her reflection in a proper window. "Oh..." Pausing at the sight, Yuuka realized that her hair was entirely messed up, seeming to be far more unkempt and with a good bit of dirt in it. The rest of her seemed to be similarly dirty as well, her  clothes as well having looking roughed up and like she had rolled around on the ground, and seeing all this the girl could only imagine what kind of awful state her back probably looked in. Figuring that it was probably better to not let her mother see her like this, the girl had opted to not wake her. Instead, walking into her mother's room, the girl fetched her mother's blanket off of her bed, laying over top of the woman. The girl had then moved herself to the kitchen, pulling out a cup of instant ramen, before retiring to her room for the night. 

Yuuka had enjoyed the more down to earth days of schooling that had followed the trip. While she was always thrilled to get to more hero things and physical activities, her back had had a different say in the matter. It was only now that she wasn't feeling terribly sore and the bruises on her back had been starting to fully heal from her fight against Renegade and Gypsy. However, now it was the time for quirk training, something that girl had been thoroughly looking forward to since her conversation with her fellow students and teacher at the ice cream shop. Marveling at the training facility, Yuuka giggled a bit at Valerie's comment saying, "well, it would be a problem if I could break these rooms." Looking back to the other students she said, "good luck everyone!" With that, the girl moved onto her own training room. 

Edited by Skaia

Diana_Seigi.png

While the conversation in the hospital had been a bit less than a great subject for Diana, it didn't go too badly. She didn't feel like she had to divulge too much, and the other two had interesting stories. So, perhaps it all worked out okay? Well enough, at least.

After being discharged, Diana made sure to assure the others from her group that she was fine, a big grin on her face, and then she headed back to her dorm room. She had to call her parents to tell her about the mission, but... She really didn't think they needed to know about how she hurt her leg. They'd worry too much if they found out she got hurt that badly. But it wasn't a big deal, right? She was just doing what she could for justice. Clenching her fists, the regret that her actions seemed to fall through came crashing down again, but... but that wouldn't do. Pepping herself up, she called her parents, spending an hour talking about the day, of course without mentioning her injury.

-----

After going through the motions for a few days, Diana's leg seemed to be a good way towards being healed. On her way to class, she pushed herself a bit day by day, walking on the first day up until jogging this day, with an aim to be sprinting in the next couple of days. The speed with which it healed was really a testament to modern medicine and support studies, and Diana was only too happy to be back to normal. The less it hurt, the better, even if it did come at a price.

"Alright you bums!  I know you're all excited for what I have in store for you today! I've only gotten a taste of your quirks, and how they function!  But today, I want to see you go all out!  So let's go!" 

Well, there went that plan. Looked like she wouldn't have time to fully heal, after all. Which would definitely impact how her training went. Diana groaned a bit, but followed along dutifully.

"Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you! Now please select a room, and we'll get started with how far we can push your quirks!"  

"I'm not sure what good this can actually do for my quirk," Diana mumbled and rubbed the back of her neck with her right hand, before heading into her own room. The school knew what her quirk was, so surely they had a regimen that could help, but... Her quirk hadn't matured even a single percent since she found out what it was. "Well, I'll be grateful if it works, at least."

ksARFRH.png

"Bingo! Right again! Herc is very strong!  However. Herc may have abilities even he isn't aware of. If you think you know everything about your quirk, then you are dead wrong."

Just as HIbiki thought, it would probably be in her best interest to read up a bit more on different types of bats. As Ms. Hitotsume went on to explain a bit more, Hibiki tried to imagine what could be in her future if she kept at it. Maybe because she liked oranges so much, learning more about fruitbats was a good starting point? Then the waitress came, and this place didn't accept the National Heros Bank card. Ms. Hitotsume then proceeded to dine and dash, urging her students to do the same.

This wasn't how heroes were supposed to act!

Bzzt, bzzzzzzt. Bzzt, bzzzzzt.

The sound of HIbiki's phone vibrating on the desk in front of her broke the early-morning silence. While she wasn't the only student in 1-B that lived in the dorms, most of the class lived in their own homes that were fairly close to the school. It was her, Herc, and... was Diana living in the dorms too? That was someone she hadn't talked to much. Getting to know her - as well as the other classmates she hadn't really talked with - was a good idea. For now though, she'd settle for talking with the person on the sending end of her latest text message.

1 New Text: Hikari
Bats exist in all corners of the world except for very cold areas. Don't forget to bundle up once winter comes around up there, sis!

Hibiki wasn't the only one doing bat research, either. When she'd told her sister about the idea, the twins agreed to both do research and pool their knowlege together. As a result, a lot of the recent text history between the two was a plethora of bat facts and trivia.

Most bats mainly eat bugs, but some species eat fruits instead. Maybe that's why I like oranges so much!

"Blind as a bat" is a bit misleading. Microbats do have poor eyesight, but larger species can see just as good as humans, if not better!

I didn't know that! I'll have to try training my eyes then!

It was for this very purpose that the two were trading facts back and forth. To give Hibiki more ideas on how to improve her Quirk. While Hibiki already had some of the defining traits down, there were still so many other kinds of bats out there with their own unique traits and skills. How was she supposed to go about training her eyes, though? Would it be like those boards with all the letters on them that eye doctors had?

Also, mom and I did some looking into that thing you asked about the other day, about twins and them having matching Quirks. We couldn't find much, but every pair of twins we were able to find Quirk records on did have some sort of link between their Quirks. Even the villains you faced both seem to convert something into kinetic energy, based on how you described them. I don't know why we turned out to be an odd exception, but don't let that get you down!

I won't. Though Hibiki would be lying if she said it wasn't something she would be able to just stop thinking about. But this was no time to weigh herself down like that! She still had a lot of work to do if she was going to catch up to the other students. Hibiki switched from her texts to the internet, where she'd been looking up videos. Instructional videos, from others with mutant-type Quirks, about how to best exercise one's wings.

A bat's wings are actually more like really big hands that evolved in a special way.

This whole "Quirk improvement" thing was going to be complicated.

Today, Ms. Hitotsume had said she had something exciting in store for the class. Hibiki couldn't wait to see just what it was. And she couldn't wait to show off what she'd been working on, either! The class was led off to a building separate from the main one. It was unsettlingly perfectly white. Once inside though, the teacher made it clear just what this place was.

"Here we have the Training Facility! Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios! State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you! Now please select a room, and we'll get started with how far we can push your quirks!"

Training facility? Perfect! Hibiki let her gut feeling pick a room for her. That one. Near the middle, a bit to the left, that was her door of choice. Hibiki wasted no time making for the room. It was dark, and the air compressing as the door behind her closed made her curious just what was about to get thrown her way. But also confident that she could handle it!

"I don't think so, kid."  

Katsurou could not help but let out a little sigh of disappointment. Perhaps there was something else dividing the two that he was not telling him.

"Oh!  Don't worry about me telling the school what you did.  I'll just report that we couldn't find anything in the forests besides animals.  We don't need you all getting kicked out for thinking you did the right thing.”

“Thank you sensei! I am very grateful for your wisdom! I will not let you down next time!” he replied, standing to give Spring Lock a deep bow.

“Also, please don't tell the others I said any of this!  They think I'm cool, right?!"

Katsurou paused for a moment out of confusion before replying.

“Of course sensei! My lips are sealed.”

---

After Katsurou’s migraine had subsided, he was discharged from the hospital no worse for wear. When he returned home later in the evening, he was a little startled to see his uncle, sitting over a cup of tea in the dining room, silhouetted by the strong light.

“That’s strange, Uncle is usually at the station by now,” Katsurou muttered to himself as he crossed the threshold. As he approached he saw that

“Uncle! I’m home!”

However, the silhouette did not move to greet him. When he approached, the light snoring explained why.

“Uncle? I thought you had to work tonight?” he said, gently nudging the sleeper, causing him to stir.

“...mmm…? Shiori…?”

“No Uncle, it’s me. I’m back from the in-field test.”

Those words appear to wake him from his dream-like state, suddenly straightening his posture with a sharp gasp, causing Katsurou to jump.

“Ah! Katsurou! Sorry about that!” he said as he wiped the sleep from his eyes, “I was planning on surprising you by taking the night off, but looks I managed to get things a little backwards!”

He laughed as he gestured towards the ceramic pot at the center of the table.

“I made some tea! Please, have a cup! You must tell me all about how it went!”

Katsurou gulped before taking a seat. He had hoped that he would have had a good night’s rest to process the day’s events, but it would appear God had other plans. Pouring himself a cup of cold tea, he began the arduous task of recounting the day’s events.

---

Despite how badly things went during the in-field training, the next few days went on as if nothing had happened. On one hand, Katsurou was relieved that Spring Lock had kept his promise. Every one of the students that went to the forest were in attendance, including Diana. Judging by the physical state of some of the other group, especially Taro and Herc, it seemed that he had got off easy. However, despite all the encouragement from his uncle, he still felt that he had not avoided punishment, but only delayed it.

He did not have much time to brood on this when Ms. Hitotsume burst into the room in the usual energetic fashion. However, she was strangely punctual. Something was not right.

"Alright you bums!  I know you're all excited for what I have in store for you today!"

The words “EXTREME QUIRK TESTING” almost seemed to jump out of the board, matching the intensity of their writer.

"I've only gotten a taste of your quirks, and how they function!  But today, I want to see you go all out!  So let's go!"

Wondering how such a test of the limits of a Quirk could be done without leveling the whole school, Katsurou levitated his orb out of his backpack and filed out of the room behind Hibiki.

"Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you! Now please select a room, and we'll get started with how far we can push your quirks!"  

The dimly lit rooms were ominous to him, but apparently none of his fellow students appeared to share his feelings. Seeing their enthusiasm was encouraging to him.

“Why would I have to worry? Surely more powerful quirks would have been tested here; there should be no way I could hurt anyone in here,” he thought as he peered into the closest unoccupied room.

"I guess we'll see just how indestructible these rooms are eh? Anyone else gonna find out if we can manage to break these things?"

“I hope we will not cause the school any more trouble than we already have Clark-san!”

As Valerie entered her selected room, others followed suit. Not wanting to be the last one in, Katsurou took a deep breath, then entered the room, orb close behind. The heavy metal doors shut behind him, letting out a sharp hiss as a seal was formed. Taking a moment to mutter a quick prayer for strength, he waited with bated breath for whatever trial was in store for him.

Itsuki

After the rather uncomfortable moment at the ice cream store, school life had returned to normal for the next few days. With each day that they didn't go through with quirk training, Itsuki had grown comfortable assuming that it probably wasn't going to happen at all. Yet, after those few days he would find himself incredibly disappointed.

"Alright you bums!  I know you're all excited for what I have in store for you today!"  Ms. Hitotsume started writing on the board in rather large letters.  When she was done, it read 'Extreme Quirk Testing'. Itsuki felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach. "I've only gotten a taste of your quirks, and how they function!  But today, I want to see you go all out!  So let's go!"

The students followed their teacher to a building just outside the main classrooms. Inside and out it was stark white and very simple in its design. The moment they walked through the doorway all sound from the outside was cut out, and Itsuki found he could hear the breathing and movements around him to an unsettling degree. "Here we have the Training Facility!  Virtually indestructible rooms where we can simulate many different scenarios!  State of the art technology, all at my disposal to tortur-I mean train you!"  Ms. Hitotsume said. "Now please select a room, and we'll get started with how far we can push your quirks!"  

"She just said torture, did anyone just hear torture?" Itsuki asked the other students, but everyone was already very gung-ho about what they could accomplish in these supposedly indestructible rooms. "Are you kidding me right now?!"

It didn't matter, though. The other students were so excited to flex the full strength of their quirks that nobody cared how unpleasant it would be. Itsuki knew his quirk pretty well. He knew it wasn't a matter of muscles, or anything like a resistance that can be trained. Itsuki was sure that the room didn't need to be indestructible at all for him, but what if it needed to be indestructible for the tests. Itsuki kept this in the back of his mind as he entered the next available room.

ohSLUWk.png

Herc had to say, the talks the three had in the hospital were kinda fun. He didn't really learn anything new from them, but they didn't learn much about himself either, so that was a fair trade off in his mind. Besides, he had a lot more pressing things on his mind at the moment.

He was able to leave the hospital as the sun was setting in the sky, painting the sky into a beautiful blend of colors. The giant beetle took no notice of that as he walked down the street however, instead focusing on his phone, dialing up the one person he could talk to about his quirk.

"Yeah, what's up, kiddo?" Herc heard his dad's voice over the phone, panting once again.

"Okay, that's two for two that I've called you and you're running outta breath. Whaddya doin', old man?" Herc asked as he moved to avoid running into a group of people.

"Just training some new blood. I tell you, they got some potential, ya know?"

"Okay, yeah, but you don't have your license any more and... you know what, I'm not sure if I should know," Herc muttered.

"Oy, oy, I don't need a license to make some kids do some exercise. Anyways, whatcha call for?"

"Oh, right, well... I had my first superhero fight today... and well... it didn't go exactly the best. Do our exoskeletons heal...?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, it does. It just takes longer than a normal person's skin does. You'll be fine," His dad reassured him. That was a load off Herc's mind. The two continued to talk for awhile, with his dad paused to occasionally yell some instructions to 'rubber boy' and 'ninja girl'. It was a weird feeling, being jealous that other people got his dad's tutoring while he was in Japan. Still, there was nothing he could really do about it... he'd just have to do his best with the cards he was dealt!

It seemed today was going to be interesting. They were going to be put into some sort of training to help them expand their quirk's utility. Herc wasn't exactly sure how he could do that, seeing as he was a big bug that hit hard, but... hey, maybe he'll be able to think more creatively about how he used his quirk. Right now, he approached every situation with the answer of 'beat it down with brute force' and it was obvious that wasn't going to fly every time. Taking a deep breath, he picked a room, looking around and chuckling to himself. It looked like something out of a video game, although he didn't mind so much. Time to see what would be thrown at him.

PysLiPD.png?1

No one had followed him out the bus, and shortly after he was brought back inside it when the driver came back. Suda didn't even look at the others as he took his seat near the back of the bus, arms crossed. He had a lot of his mind, too much. He placed his hand on his cheek where Yuudai had hit him as he let out a sigh.

===

When Suda got home, it was completely empty, like it always was. Suda frowned as he walked towards the kitchen - he had secretly hoped that at least someone would be home to talk to. Instead, the only thing here for him was some left over pizza in the fridge that had been saved for him. He knew this because of the sticky note on the plate with his name on it. Normally, Suda would be annoyed by this, as he had told them multiple times that he was on a diet. However, after all that he had been through today, the greasy pile of cheese and pepperoni that was waiting for him was the perfect comfort food that he needed right now. "God... damn it." Suda said as he put the pizza into the microwave. "You really messed up today..." He slammed his fist on the counter, tears starting to pour out of his eyes. Not only had he let Diana down, but he let his emotions get the best of him when dealing with those three idiots. What was suppose to be the day that he proved everyone wrong turned out to be the day he proved everyone right. Should he even show his face tomorrow? Everyone probably hated him, especially them.

He wanted to blame everything on them, he thought, as he opened the microwave door. After all, they had listened to that red bastard when it was pretty obvious that was a mistake. And yet, deep down, he knew he couldn't. Even with them going rogue like that, Suda should have been able to handle that. Hell, they shouldn't have gone rogue at all if he had handled the situation right. "Why do I always do this...!" He said, kicking the counter, before hastily grabbing the plate of pizza. As he made his way towards the dinner table, he let out a sigh. Despite his doubts, he knew he couldn't skip out on class tomorrow. He wasn't ready to throw in the towel like that just yet.

Suda slowly ate at the table alone and, once he was done, he made his way to his room.

===

The days past that day had been relatively boring, probably to let people heal. He hadn't talked to anyone from the bus since that day, actively avoiding them. He also avoided Diana, not being able to bring himself to talk to her. The first couple of days were especially painful to watch, although it hurt less and less to watch as she healed over the days. It didn't seem like any permanent damage was done, which was good. He hadn't messed up that badly.

Today, however, was special. Ms. Hitotsume had moved them to special dark rooms that were suppose to push their quirks to the limits. Suda grinned, momentarily forgetting about his worries. "Finally, something interesting!" He said out loud, making his way towards one of the doors. Without hesitation, he made his way into the room.

The next hour or so was just the 3 of them talking about each other. Taro talked about his accident and showed them his scars, Herc seemed impressed, but couldn't really tell. soon after, Taro was discharged from the hospital, with his parents waiting for him to take him home. His parents seemed quiet in both picking him up and driving back home until his father spoke up. "I thought you said this was going to be a 'safe trip' Taro. Are we going to have to deal with this on a constant basis? More broken bones? More hospital trips?! Thankfully the school covered a majority of the bills, but that still doesn't give you the right to give us heart attacks. That accident you had when you were a kid had us worried sick that you weren't going to walk again, and now you want to ruin your dreams of being a magician by going to this school of death?"

"Dad, I really thought it was going to be a safe trip, I didn't expect to be put out into the field from the get-go and run into gang leaders with quirks."

*That's another thing, these quirks are getting out of hand. I remember when I was your age no one in my family had quirks until my cousin developed one that allowed her to walk on any surface. I mean these things can be cool at times, however, these things are just confusing and it literally scares me that one day someone will come along and just blow up an entire city one day, and they will be totally fine."

"Honey, you need to calm down and focus on the road." His mother turned around to Taro, "We are just concerned about you, and your father and I were thinking about sending you to another school for your safety and our wellbeing. However-"

"What?! That's not fair! I got into this school fair and square and just because of one little accident doesn't mean that-"

"Hold on Taro, let me finish. We will allow you to continue to attend UA as long as you try to be more careful next time."

"However, if you as so much break more than 5 bones next time, we are taking you out for your own good. Do you understand?

". . . yes, father, I will do my best to be more careful." It seemed pretty hard to keep that promise as it was a mixture of his personal misjudgment and the school's curriculum. How could Taro keep up with classmates how seem to have a knack for this kind of stuff? If there is a will, there's a way supposedly.

The next days of school were pretty much normal as a school would be as it gave those who have suffered some injury to recover. Taro's broken body seemed to recover faster than normal as within a few days as he was told by his doctor to resume life as normal. The medical sciences of today were more advanced than when he was little. A few days later, the class was treated to a day of "quirk building" as they were going to put their quick limits to the max. Everyone soon went into their dark rooms as Taro was the last one to get into his. The door shut behind him as the weird lights illuminated the room. "It seems that holograms are in use, but how will they help us I wonder?"

whIkgqw.png

As each of the student's entered their own room, Ms. Hitotsume couldn't help but let out a giggle.  She walked down the hallway, past all the training rooms, and made for a door that hid itself at the end.  Inside was a microphone, and several monitors.  They had various angles on each student.  They seemed eager to get started, so she sat down in a wheeled chair that rested before the microphone.  She pushed her glasses up her nose, and cracked her knuckles.  One by one, she would give each of the student's their own designated task.  

"Ufufufu..."  She laughed ominously, as she bent over to grab the microphone.  She tapped a button, before her voice rang in their room.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Misu paced around the room.  Her patience was starting to wear thin, as she figured the other students were trying to figure out whose room was whose.  Well, whatever they were doing, it was probably a better idea to psyche herself up for her test!  What would she have to do?  Destroy some concrete?!  Destroy the whole room?  She didn't realize, but her muscles had pumped themselves full of steam at the thought of letting loose.  She let her eagerness get the best of herself, as she ran up to the opposite side of the room, and launched a wicked punch straight into the wall.  A loud boom could be heard, but the room didn't even vibrate.  She retracted her fist, revealing that the wall hadn't even been so much as scratched.  She flipped her hair, and bit her lip.

"Tch...not like that was full power or nothin'...just testin' the waters!"  She rattled her fist in the air, her teacher was probably watching.  As if on queue, a speaker could heard turning on.  

"So strong, Ms. Yoshino!"  Ms. Hitotsume's voice purred through the speaker.  "Would you like to test your strength against an actual object?"  

With a grin, Misu pounded her fist into her palm.

"Hell yeah!  Gimme the strongest thing you got in here, and I'll shatter it to pieces!"  Laughter could be heard before the speakers cut off.  It was only a moment before Ms. Hitotsume came back.

"Ms. Yoshino, darling, we'd be here all day if that were your goal...actually...maybe it'd be forever.  You aren't getting out of this room until your task is complete."  Misu looked to the way she came back, only now noticing that the exit wasn't even visible anymore.  

"What the hell kinda training is this, teach?"  She growled.  

"Don't worry dear!  It's just motivation.  I'm not that sadistic."  A flash of light erupted from the floor of the dark room, prompting Misu to shut her eyes.  When she opened them back up again, she could feel the heat of a roaring fire around her.  She was circled by a blazing wall of flame.  

"What the?!"  Misu jumped at the sudden sight.  

"Your task today will be simple...just put out the fire that surrounds you."  Eventually three larger rings erupted outside of the initial ring around Misu.  "Or should I say, 'fires'."  The teacher laughed again.  "For every ring you extinguish, I'll give you a bottle of water to drink...but if you use it to try and put out the fire, you'll be expelled from U.A."  Misu grit her teeth at the ultimatum.  

"How am I even supposed to do that?!"  Misu roared to the ceiling.

"Figure it out...heroes always find their way out of a pinch."  Was all Ms. Hitotsume said, before the feed cut off.  This time, she didn't come back.  Misu looked to the ring of fire surrounding her.  Her brow was already starting to sweat from the heat.  

"Damnit..."  Misu groaned.  She looked at the fire surrounding her, and then to her open hand.  Clenching it tightly, she grit her teeth.  "I'll get out of this damn room!"    

Diana_Seigi.png

"Ufufufu..." 

Diana didn't like the sound of the teacher's laughter as they entered their rooms, but it probably wouldn't amount to much... Right? Upon entry, all Diana found in the room was a hacksaw and a large slab of concrete sitting in the center of the room. The school knew of her quirk, of course, but wasn't this a bit much? What did they expect to force out of her.

"<What the hell...?>"

"<This is insane>!" A terrible English accent came through her speaker. "Well...since you believe you know how your quirk operates, this shouldn't be a problem, right?  I mean...you're gonna need all your strength if you wanna shatter that block."

Diana looked back at the source of the noise with a slack jaw. They really did intend... That didn't feel very heroic. Walking over, Diana tossed the hacksaw to the side, then slammed her left fist into the block as hard as she could.

"<Damn, that stings.>" Diana grumbled, rubbing her fist, "<Maybe I should try kicking it? Yeah, that's probably better. But what did she mean by> believe I know?"

With a deep breath, Diana lifted her left foot and slammed her heel onto the concrete with all of her might, gasping in pain from the impact, noticeably more than her fist. However, she repeated the motion immediately, before stepping back to regain her balance. Her leg throbbed, but it seemed like the best she could do. With determination, she switched to kicking at the slab, gasping with each kick, switching how she hit it each time. However, it never seemed to make any difference. Her quirk never improved. What did they even think she was capable of?

"<This is sadistic...>"