Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

pl48Hay.jpg?1

OOC

It was the day of the Entrance Exams.  Normally, student's for a school would be nervous, but there was a certain buzz about the air.  Soon enough, they'd be lining up before the massive pillars out front, waiting for the doors to let them in.  In a room, with a sign outside of the door labeled "Principal, there sat a rather grayed man in a chair.  His breathing was deep, like he was almost in a trance.  Outside the door, someone suddenly stood.  It was like someone had crawled in from the early Edo period, through his opened window.  

"It's not like you to be nervous...Principal.  As a matter of fact, I thought you were nerveless."  He said with a rather smug tone.  

"I just don't know if these kids know what they've signed up for.  And I don't necessarily have a degree in teaching youngsters."  He said with a sigh.  

"I'm sure it won't be all bad.  These kids are the next wave of official licensed heroes right?  We have to teach them what we've learned thus far."  

"I suppose you're right.  Well...let's go greet them shall we?"  

whIkgqw.png

Misu Yoshino stood outside the pillars of the newly built school, grinding her teeth as she waited for the doors to open so she could take this shitty test.  She was tired, and her hair was a mess, but at least her stomach was full of food.  No way in hell was she missing breakfast for this thing.  As she left for the exam, she couldn't help but look back and see her entire family with tears of joy running down their cheeks.  Even her little sister, and dad...was this all it took to make them happy.  "I guess it's fine...if it's for them..."  She grumbled to herself.  There weren't as many kids as she expected, but that was to be expected.  Quirks were rare enough as it was, but people who actually fit the criteria for this school must've shaved down the numbers tenfold.  She towered above them all, as was to be expected, besides one insect like guy.  

She could fight them all off, probably.

With a loud creaking, the doors to the school swung open fiercely.  An old man and a samurai of sorts walked out of the doorway to meet the crowd of examinees.  A loud roar could be heard coming from the old looking man.  

"Welcome, Hero Hopefuls!  The Entrance Exam will start soon, so kindly follow us."  

With a groan, Misu did as she was told, as would all the other teenagers.  They would be lead through the entirety of the school, before taking an entrance through the back.  A large gated fence sat in front of their face.  Over the top of it one could see large trees, and even larger buildings.  The man clad in samurai armor began to speak next.  

"To get this far, you must have already passed the written test.  Today will be the day of the practical.  Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area.  You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same.  In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo.  To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown."  He then looked to the teens with a sharp look.  "It doesn't matter how you get your badges.  Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."  

"So if I beat the snot out of some dude with 3 badges, and take 'em, I get in?"  Misu asked, with a perked eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter how you get them.  Any which way is fair game.  Although, if you kill anyone on practical grounds, you will be immediately disqualified and placed under arrest."  The Samurai responded.  

"Now, we'll give you some time to stretch, and think of any strategy, before the main event.  Heroes don't normally get prep time, but that's a lesson you'll surely learn in time."  The older gentleman chimed in.  The samurai nudged him with an elbow, before scoffing.

"Not too bad, chief."  

Her question might have been too provocative for this type of deal, but she was sure of her abilities.  She did as was instructed, and started to stretch her legs and arms properly.  This was going to be a cake walk.

Edited by Mr. Hyde
added ooc

character1.png

It's almost as if the last several years in uptown Brooklyn had disappeared from Lesnar's life. Even after what felt like an eternity of emptiness and borderline madness, that dragging time in his life was soon accelerated to levels he was not used to. Regardless, Lesnar only had a few days to prepare for anything. All he could do was unpack everything in the dorm he was given to stay in for the tests, and should he pass he would remain there.

He would so much as blink before he went from preparing for the written test to preparing for the practical test. Of course the written one had little issues given how he had nothing else to distract him from studying, but this was rather intimidating. Despite how much practice he's had against abandoned buildings and weak, everyday gang activity, he knew this was going to be different. A controlled environment specially designed to train soon-to-be heroes of the world all of whom stand out amongst a growing population of people with quirks... which was the other thing Lesnar was not looking forward to...

People.

The walk to the entrance wasn't far. He only had to cross a couple streets, half of which cars nearly bumped into him and honked. Of course he hardly noticed it as his headphones were on and nearly all sound around him was blocked off. With his music player gently caressed with care by his right hand, he kept his thumb on the navigator pad to control the volume as well as strategically scroll through his playlist to play what he wanted right after the current song ended. His travel song (Genesis - Grimes) was calm and soothing. With each mellow beat and trill of the instruments, the sound waves traveled through him like ripples of water, generating a feeling of bliss that, despite how busy the town was around him, made him feel alone and at peace with the world.

He knew he was at the right place as he came across a crowd of people gathered at the gates of the school. As if things weren't about to start until he arrived, the doors opened to show two figures, presumably staff of the school, revealing themselves and announcing the event. Little time was wasted in directing everyone towards the back of the school, which flustered Lesnar. He hated being rushed and expected to just stand around - or hell, even sit - while they made a long and dragged-out introductory speech. Nevertheless, Lesnar sucked it up and followed the crowd. He knew what he signed up for.

"In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo.  To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown."

While the objective was stated to pass, Lesnar quickly found someone he knew he would have to deal with.

"So if I beat the snot out of some dude with 3 badges, and take 'em, I get in?"

Lesnar felt little emotion his whole life up until this point. As if it all waited until now to pump through his system, veins popped left and right on his forehead as he scowled at this tall woman that looked like she could run him over like a train. He huffed, letting his music calm him back down but not completely. The exam was about to start. He wasn't going to let someone's attitude make him lose focus. Not after how far he's come.

Edited by Thar

3Zv19eY.png

Bzzt, bzzzzzzt. Bzzt, bzzzzzt.

The sound of HIbiki's phone vibrating on the desk in front of her broke the early-morning silence. She'd been allowed to stay in the dorms of UA so that she could get to her practical exams in time, but between being used to a nocturnal sleep schedule and simply being so excited for the exam, she hadn't gotten any sleep last night! She'd spent the last few hours texting back and forth, since she wasn't the only one so thrilled about the final step of maybe getting to join an amazing school like UA.  She turned her attention immediately to the phone screen. The brightness on it had been turned down about as far as it would let Hibiki go.

1 New Text: Hikari
Maybe not something that bright and colorful. You would look weird like that considering your Quirk.

Mm. She's got a point.

I'll think about a different costume later then.

Hibiki looked at the clock in the corner of her screen. It was already... time for the exam!?

It's time for the practical! I'll text you back after it's over! Hibiki put her phone down, grabbed the sunglasses lying next to it and hurriedly put them on her face, already making for the door. She stopped only very briefly in the kitchen area to grab a single orange and a cheap bottled milk that she chugged down in no time flat, before bursting out of the dorm building like a bat out of hell. She chomped into the orange without mercy, and by the time she was where she was supposed to be with the other students, the only evidence remaining that the orange had existed in the first place was a small piece of it sitting by the corner of her mouth.

"To get this far, you must have already passed the written test. Today will be the day of the practical. Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area. You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same. In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo. To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown. It doesn't matter how you get your badges.  Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."

That's really smart! And also very mean-spirited. And I'm not much of a fighter anyway. Hopefully that tall girl didn't decide to pick a fight with Hibiki. She didn't even know what that girl could do, but if she was asking about fighting, it was safe t o guess she was good at that, right!? WIth the students being given some time to stretch, Hibiki stretched her arms, her legs, and even if they wouldn't be doing her any favors, her wings. She just couldn't contain her excitement! The bat girl raised a fist up into the air.

"Alright everyone, let's make sure to all do our very BEST!" That last word came out way louder than she'd meant! She could see birds from some trees over yonder flying off, startled by the sudden loud noise, and could hear her own echo come back to her. Hopefully she didn't hurt anyone's ears like that! "Sorry!" she exclaimed, putting her hands over her mouth in case it happened again. "I'm just super-excited right now!"

Itsuki Watanabe

Itsuki yawned for what must have been the fifth time since the teachers had lead them through the gates of U.A. For a couple days in a row now he had been forced to wake up far earlier than what he was used to, by several hours. To him, waking up this early was almost as bad as being kicked out of his own place of living, and this was something he had to keep reminding himself as the students were lead across the grounds, through the halls, and towards a large, gated area just outside the rear of the school.

"To get this far, you must have already passed the written test," the teacher clad in the samurai armor began to say. "Passed" was about as accurate of a word to describe Itsuki's success thus far. He didn't excel, he didn't thrive, he didn't impress. He "passed". Today will be the day of the practical. Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area. You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same. In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo. To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown."  Itsuki let out a sigh of relief. At least the written tests and academic bullshit was done for now.  "It doesn't matter how you get your badges. Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."

Another student, some tall, scary looking chick, asked a question that was soon answered, but all of this fell on deaf ears for Itsuki as he yawned just loud enough to make it hard for him to hear what was being said. Oh well, couldn't have been terribly important.

"Now, we'll give you some time to stretch, and think of any strategy, before the main event.  Heroes don't normally get prep time, but that's a lesson you'll surely learn in time," the old guy said, and it wasn't long until several of the more eager and prepared students began to stretch, scope out their competition, trash talk, what have you.

"...our very BEST!" A voice rang out so, so much louder that any waking up that was left for Itsuki to do was shocked into effect immediately. He scanned the crowd for the source of the noise and his eyes eventually rested on that of a small bat girl, somehow even shorter than he was. She was cute, he supposed, but Itsuki wasn't typically one for the "moe-blobs". On top of that, he also wasn't one for the ears or animal features either. Oh well, it's a big school and there's sure to be prettier girls than the big scary one or the bat. The bat girl proceeded to apologize profusely, but her energy was still at an obnoxious high.

"Hey don't sweat it," Itsuki said in highly informal speech, patting her on the shoulder with one hand and rubbing his temple with the other. "Just make sure you don't make me regret not bringin' earplugs, mmkay?"

c8vVeoJ.png

U.A. High...this was the start of the journey for him. Yuudai stood there along with the other students listening to the grayed elderly man. Though, this type of person definitely surprised him, just by the sheer structure of him. Even though he was grayed, it was obvious he meant business. He did, truthfully, wish to see him in action...same with the samurai clad hero as well. But for the moment, he had to focus on the task at hand: the Entrance Exams.

"To get this far, you must have already passed the written test.  Today will be the day of the practical.  Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area.  You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same.  In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo.  To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown. It doesn't matter how you get your badges.  Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."

Honestly, sounds like one of those many video games...get enough of a certain item and then you can progress. Yuudai thought, rubbing the back of his neck, rolling it slightly.

Upon hearing this, Yuudai's eyes glanced over at the one who said this: a young woman who definitely fit the bill of a high school Bancho...that outfit and demeanor just screamed it from the high heavens. Sheesh...some talk for a hero... he shrugged, knowing that the samurai did say any means necessary. That definitely wouldn't be his first choice, but the option was definitely on the table at this point.

"Now, we'll give you some time to stretch, and think of any strategy, before the main event. Heroes don't normally get prep time, but that's a lesson you'll surely learn in time."

"Don't have to tell me twice..." Yuudai muttered, already removing his hoodie from himself, putting it on the side as he started rolling his arms and shoulders slightly. The grooves of muscles being obviously shown with his tank-top on as he stretched the best he could. Strategy though...really haven't thought of one though...what should I-

"...our very BEST!"

This caught the young man off guard, as he reeled back slightly, before seeing a now an embarrassed girl with bat ears with her hands over her mouth. Culprit found. Yuudai only chuckled, before he approached her and another young man. "Your fine. Be completely honest, I think everyone here is incredibly excited." he said, holding out his hand towards the bat girl and addressed both her and the young man. "Shiba Yuudai. Nice to meet you."

The crowd of hopeful entrants to UA High School was moving awkwardly as the Principal spoke, multiple shifting aside, the majority being pushed, as one figure made her way towards the front. Lithe and grinning with an almost feral anticipation, flaming red hair fluttering in the light breeze, Kess was a fearsome sight this morning, more so than she usually already was. A very faint energy ran through her body, all her movements seeming punctuated and quicker than intended. She was bursting with anticipation, raring to go, her Quirk activating and deactivating without her intervention. Normally she might have tried a little harder to maintain control over it, but not today. Today she wasn't able to hold it all in.

I'm gonna burn this motherfucker to the ground... UA! she thought fervently, leering up at the school with an anticipatory grin. 

The principal appeared, accompanied by a man in samurai armor. As they were led through the school Kess moved her way to the front, pushing several out of the way to do so, eyeing him up. Maybe we have to fight that guy? she mused idly in her head, one of her hands flexing slightly, a knuckle cracking of its own accord. But apparently that wasn't it.

Kess eyed the treetops, as well as the city buildings further out in the distance. Where's the best place for me... Who cares. I'll take out every last one of these motherfuckers if I have to. Doesn't matter where. 

"You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same. "

Kess felt her ace splitting into an even bigger grin, and she barked out a laugh at the sound of that. "Oh?" she asked aloud, though not loud enough that the instructors were at all likely to hear her. "They're really makin' it easy on me, aren't they?"

So if I beat the snot out of some dude with 3 badges, and take 'em, I get in?"

Kess laughed again, this time louder. "I like your style!" she called through the crowd to the girl, punching a hand into the other to crack all the knuckles in it at once. A low thud could be heard as she did so, the joints in her elbows strained momentarily by the force of the impact. "Maybe you'll be one of the ones that makes it back... Just don't come round me if you want to get in."

"Alright everyone, let's make sure to all do our very BEST!... Sorry! I'm just super-excited right now!" 

Kess winced at the sudden increase in volume from the girl, but she quickly regained her composure, bending down as she approached the small, bat-eared girl to look her directly in the eyes. "Nah, it's fine," she said, though there was a tense, threatening tone to her voice underneath the kind voice she was putting on. She reached forward, placing a hand on top of Hibiki's head, smiling as she tilted her head, saying with false sweetness: "You can be as loud as you like... Makes it easier for me to track you down and kick you into the dirt."

Her expression abruptly switched to a glare as she straightened up, making eye contact with Itsuki and Shiba briefly as she did so. The glances were quick, thoughtless; Like they were barely there. "Last an hour or two and you won't have to worry about me; I intend to be back here by then... Until then... Stay outta my goddamn way."

She raised her voice, barking over the heads to the instructor: "Alright then, let's get this goddamn thing started! I ain't got all day to become a hero!"

BGM

Valerie had decided to run to the school that day. She had woken up much too early out of excitement and wanted to get pumped up before whatever test she was about to absolutely crush. So of course she was listening to music, though not on full blast as she had to stay focused on the street, and waving towards the people she passed by.

As she neared the school she reached up and removed the sunglasses she had decided to try out. Figuring it wasn't really her style she dropped them in a wastebasket, pulled her headphones down, and continued on.

She had worked up a sweat and, more importantly, the heat radiating from her body had extended so that anyone within ten feet would feel the sudden change in temperature.

The armored man, a hero, had given them their test in very simple terms. Get badges. Just that. Valerie smirked. This would be even easier than the written exam! She supposed she should avoid the wooded areas as much as possible and make a beeline to the buildings. Burning the area down might make it easier to find badges but it wasn't very heroic.

On that note....That boy, also wearing headphones, he was looking to be holding back. The tall girl had said something rather extreme, followed by another one, and while Valerie didn't care much for their words she had to say they had some bite to them.

While the boy was just standing there and, it seemed, attempting to calm down rather than get pumped up.

Valerie approached the boy and he'd feel her heat before she reached him. But as she walked up behind him she slammed her hand onto his back and leaned in. "Hey, you got something you wanna say don't ya? Why not let it out? There's no point in trying to be a hero without a little VIGOR ya know?"

She then nodded towards the two girls who were making such a fuss. "If either of you think you can take anything from me you're welcome to try." She gave a friendly, but wild, grin and hooked a thumb towards herself. "But if you think I'm gonna let you get away with seriously injuring anyone else either you've got another thing coming. If you can't manage to get badges without breaking people that's pretty weak I'd say." She nudged the boy with the headphones. "Ain't that right?"

Diana_Seigi.png

BGM

Diana arrived at the campus before the sun even began to rise, waiting for the rest of the applicants to arrive. Living on the farm for the past year and some had really gotten her used to waking up early, so this was nothing to her. After all, early to bed, early to rise, and all that Ben Franklin jazz. She spent the time watching the passers by and squeezing a stress ball in her right hand. As people began to arrive, other than those who showed up early like her, she pulled out a bag and ate a simple egg sandwich, making sure to be done by the time the doors opened. Watching the duo emerge, Diana stood at attention, excitement brimming.

"To get this far, you must have already passed the written test."

Diana groaned as the memories came rushing back. It wasn't that she didn't know the information the written tests required, but she scarcely had time to pen it down. Hell, she probably wouldn't have had enough time with the exam in English, much less Japanese.

Today will be the day of the practical.  Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area.  You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same.  In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo.  To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown. It doesn't matter how you get your badges.  Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."  

"Alright everyone, let's make sure to all do our very BEST!"

Everyone around Diana seemed to be excited. Loud yells, boastful statements, and more! Even if one of those was a bit more lingo based than she expected, she loved seeing and feeling the crowd's excitement.

"That's right! Let's all get pumped up for <JUSTICE!>" The blonde girl yelled excitedly, switching to English at the end as shoved her right hand in the air with her index finger pointing upward. Pulling her arm down, she adjusted her hair into a ponytail at the nape of her neck, her purple eye gleaming in the bright sunlight. "<Let's go!>"

PysLiPD.png?1

Today marked a very important day for Suda. He had spend countless hours preparing for this day, not including the hours it took for him to make himself more than presentable for his crowd. He spent a few minutes of those hours staring at himself in the mirror, making sure that everything about his style was perfect. "You can do this, Suda." He said to himself, tilting his head in various angles. "U.A. better watch itself!" He gave himself a confident smirk, striking a small pose in the mirror as he felt satisfied with his looks. Cracking his knuckles, he stepped out of the bathroom and started heading out towards the school.

His timing was as impeccable as always; as if to specifically greet him, the doors to U.A. swung open as Suda made his arrival. There were already some other students gathering around, none of which immediately impress him. What did impress him were the two people that came out of the door; not so much the old man, but the one in the samurai outfit. Suda grinned as he followed the old man into the building, feeling a ting of excitement.

The goal of the test would be to grab some badges from the testing grounds. This seemed simple enough to Suda, although he imagined the difficulty would come from the others. He took a glance at the others as they loudly chanted excitedly, and smirked. That kind of excitement is exactly what he wants to see in his future crowd. "Ah, I love the sound of a roaring crowd!" Suda loudly proclaimed, stepping a bit ahead. "Let's hope there's some bite to everyone's bark. I'd hate a boring victory!"

Edited by rep

Katsurou

Katsurou stopped at the threshold of the academy grounds, just short of the growing crowd of hopefuls like him, eager to justify their enrolment. Despite the great amount of assurance from his uncle that he would do just fine, he could not help but feel the phantom of doubt creep into his thoughts. Before joining the crowd, he muttered a quick prayer for strength and clarity of thoughts.

Clutching his trusty aluminum orb in his hands, Katsurou made his way to the center of the circle the crowd formed around the two officiants, one clad in the armor of ancient Japan, the other dressed in robes that only partially covered muscles that defied his apparent age. The elder looked as if someone had pulled one of the great patriarchs of Israel straight from Genesis and put him in charge of the test he was to take. Perhaps this was a sign that all would be well?

Following the proctors into the academy grounds, Katsurou could not help but wonder just how big this place was, containing an entire forest within its walls. He was quickly snapped back to this surroundings as the warlike instructor began to explain the situation. When told that everyone present had passed the written exam, Katsurou let out a sigh of relief, accompanied with a big smile. This smile did not last long when the rules of the practical exam were told. Collecting five badges and holding onto them until sundown did not sound difficult at first, but the attitude of his fellow students made him question what the instructors were planning.

“Stealing badges not causing an immediate disqualification? Why would they encourage new heroes to steal?” Katsurou muttered to himself, absentmindedly fiddling with the cord in his collar. Looking up to the crowd, Katsurou looked for anyone else who may be more likely to steal and anyone who would rather work together.

Clearly the amazon was out, being the first to ask if theft was allowed. Considering her brutish appearance, he reasoned that she would be the first to strike out on her own. The furtive student with the headphones appeared annoyed by the amazon, but perhaps only because of the competition. The bat-like girl, who had just let out a sonorous screech, may be reliable, or at least not outright malicious, as was the green-haired student and the towering student with strangle ripples along his arms.

The pink haired girl, apparently perturbed by the batgirl’s sudden screeching, leaned down to mutter something to her. Katsurou was not able to make out what was being said, but considering the reaction of those around her, it could not have been anything encouraging. His first instinct was to move to confront her for her rude imposition, but before he could, she had turned her focus back to preparing for the test. Katsurou decided that if he was to be a true hero, he would need to protect not just the helpless, but his fellow heroes as well.

“Excuse me! I hope that girl didn’t scare you. I’m sure she’s just as nervous as the rest of us,” he said cordially to batgirl before turning to the group that had assembled around her, “My name is Yamauchi Katsurou. It is nice to meet you all. I hope we can all pass!”

Edited by Otaku-sama

Taro Tenkara

Wake young apprentice! One cannot learn great magic by lounging ab-! click

The sound of the Grand Wizard woke Taro from his deep slumber as the dawn of the UA’s practical exams came. Taro wasn’t much of a morning person, but the Wizard is at least right for once. He didn’t take much time to get ready as his parent prepared breakfast before he came downstairs and prepped his attire the night before. He also piled up a bunch of his magic devices to entertain the masses when he had free time afterward. Nevertheless, he left behind most, if not all, of his more advanced items just in case.

It was a short walk to UA as he only lived a few blocks away, though the entrance to the school was beginning to pile up with potential students. Taro didn’t expect so many to be taking the exam, though schools that focus on quirks has its attraction, however, the spotlight is yet to be revealed to those who make the cut, and Taro is determined to be in the center of it. As the students were gathered in, two men, an older gentleman and a ninja, greeted the students as the older man described the exam. While it seemed that it was a simple task, it would be a problem when a question about theft was posted that was quickly answered with ‘anything goes’.

The crowd began to chatter amongst themselves as those around Taro discussed where they were going, though it suggested that some, if not most of them, will be cherry pickers late-game as they would steal from those with weaker quirks. "It won't matter in the slightest. No one will steal from me, no one ever has or will today!" Taro muttered to himself as a high pitched sound vibrated his being which somewhat softened the chatter among the students who also heard it.

"Ah, I love the sound of a roaring crowd! Let's hope there's some bite to everyone's bark. I'd hate a boring victory!"

Next to Taro was a silver-haired boy around his height as he radiated confidence in his success from his previous statement. Probably one to watch out for, and the one who asked the theft question is also to watch out for. Taro quickly made a quick mental list of his supplies he brought, maybe hoping he had something up his sleeve for the upcoming assaults that may ensue.

ohSLUWk.png

Herc sighed to himself as he looked around the group of hopeful heroes. It seemed that he stood out the most once more, but hey, that was fine. He was used to that. What he was more concerned about was the practical part of the tests. He barely passed the written, so he had to do exceptionally well here so he could leave a good impression. He wouldn't sully the great Beetle Man name!

"Today will be the day of the practical.  Beyond this gate lies a forest type area, and a city type area.  You are free to roam wherever you please, and do as much damage as possible, but your objectives will all be the same. In each area are a limited amount of badges that resemble the U.A. logo. To complete the practical, one must obtain 5 badges and return to the gate before sundown."  He then looked to the teens with a sharp look.  "It doesn't matter how you get your badges. Just so long as you're here, you'll be permitted to attend U.A."  

Seemed simple enough. He could probably find them without too much trouble. Was there enough to go around though? Would they have to fight some of the other hopefuls in order to gain admittance?

"So if I beat the snot out of some dude with 3 badges, and take 'em, I get in?"  A tall girl with a nasty vibe asked. Still, Herc supposed he liked the way she cut to the chase. It was something that needed answering after all. Turns out it was fine, so long as they didn't kill anyone. Guess he couldn't just pile drive his way to victory then. He began to stretch, his hard beetle parts making loud cracking noises as he did. He felt lighter on his feet after doing that at the very least.

"Alright everyone, let's make sure to all do our very BEST!" a voice suddenly called out, the voice echoing and causing Herc's ears to ring.
"<Son of a bitch, what was that?!>" Herc cursed in English, looking around for the source of the very loud, and annoying noise. He froze a bit, however, as he saw the source of the noise. Some bat-like girl. He didn't know why, but the very look of her filled him with dread. He hoped he didn't have to cross paths with her... before he could give it more thought, someone else decided to do their own cheer.

"That's right! Let's all get pumped up for <JUSTICE!>" A blonde girl yelled excitedly, switching to English at the very end. "<Let's go!>"

"<justice>" another girl said, much more softly. That was a good start of a great cheer... but it needed a little more.

<"Hell yeah, JUSTICE!"> Herc called out, flashing a thumbs up at them. Maybe he would like it here more than he first thought.

"Ah, I love the sound of a roaring crowd!" a guy with grey hair loudly proclaimed, stepping a bit ahead. "Let's hope there's some bite to everyone's bark. I'd hate a boring victory!" Herc rubbed his chin as listened to the boy. Too boring huh? Then how about...?

"You know, you might be on to something," Herc stepped forward, looking up and down Suda before grinning. "Then why don't we make this a little more interesting?" He spoke as loudly as Suda did, to be sure everyone could hear him. "How about we have a little bet? You and me, last person back here gotta do somethin' real embarrassing," He paused to think. "I dunno, wearing a tutu, eating a unicycle, I dunno, we'll work that out later," He looked over to the rest of the hopefuls. "In fact, why don't we extend this little bet to anyone else who wants to join," He paused for a second more, before moving in for the kill. "That is, of course, unless you're afraid of a bug beating all of ya," This was the best way to weed out the most fun people to play with. "No pressure though,"

character1.png

It wasn’t long before Lesnar’s mental spotlight started shining on other people in the crowd. His headphones were off for a little while in order to hear what seemed to be the headmaster announce the objective, but after that he felt no need to listen any further. However, he just happened to hear the tall girl say her piece, prompting him to immediately drown the rest of it out to avoid getting any more irritated than he was already. At that point he was back in his soundless bliss.

“...do our VERY BEST!!!”

Lesnar winced. Considering he was wearing noise-cancelling headphones, he still managed to hear that voice. Immediately, nearly causing whiplash, he turned his head in its direction to see that it came from this… bat girl? It was then that he realized how fortunate he was to have had his headphones on in the first place, as a voice like that - assuming her bat-like qualities made it supersonic - would’ve sent him into a ringing fit. Still, he pondered on her further. She looked cute, which conflicted him. To be attracted to a bat… preposterous. Despite all he was exposed to from cultural media before coming to Japan, he had to draw the line at a fucking BAT GIRL.

Regardless, his inner conflict was interrupted by a sudden forceful impact on his back.

“Gakh!” he interjected as his headphones fell off his ears to hang around his neck, causing the mingling chatter of the crowd to ring through him.

"Hey, you got something you wanna say don't ya?” the perpetrator spoke right into his ears as he felt her arm resting on his shoulders, “Why not let it out? There's no point in trying to be a hero without a little VIGOR ya know? If either of you think you can take anything from me you're welcome to try! But if you think I'm gonna let you get away with seriously injuring anyone else either you've got another thing coming. If you can't manage to get badges without breaking people that's pretty weak I'd say."

Lesnar sulked, not caring for the attention this girl was giving him.

"Ain't that right?" she nudged him, presumably with a wink. Lesnar finally turned to look at her, realizing how little she was wearing… and how sweaty she was. The sight left him stunned for a second before he realized she was waiting for an answer.

“U-uh… yeah, sure...” he said shyly, his eyes looking to the side as his hand rubbed against the back of his neck, which made him realize how warm it still was from her arm, “...hey, uh, you realize how hot you are right?” His words slipped out with genuine concern for this girl's health, but he shortly realized what he just said, “...wait, uh, no, that’s not what I mean, I-I… I meant… literally, your body… I-I mean, your skin… uh, o-oh jeez…” his stumbling words and humiliated gestures were accompanied by a cracking voice, which did not help the fact that everyone was probably now looking at him because of this girl.

Edited by Thar

whIkgqw.png

As Misu began to stretch he sides, and arms, a loud shout could be heard through the crowd.  

"I like your style! Maybe you'll be one of the ones that makes it back... Just don't come round me if you want to get in."

"Likewise, pipsqueak!"  She roared back, pissed at the fact that anyone thought they had a chance against her.  Thinking about it, her best bet was to head straight for the forest.  In a place like that, it might be easier for her to hide away from attackers and the like.  Good thing she gave away the fact that they could beat on each other, but now she had given other's the same idea.  It didn't matter to Misu if they came after her anyway...she'd take on all challengers, just as she always had.  This wasn't anything different than a stroll in the park on a school day.  

"<JUSTICE!>"

"<justice>" 

<"JUSTICE!"> 

The words all ringing together made her eyebrow twitch. 

"You wanna play pretend...fine...it'll be that much easier to knock you out of your daydreamin'."  

The older man laughed at the high spirits of the crowd.  

"Looks like we have some enthusiastic competitors!  Let's not keep them waiting any longer, shall we?"  He asked, as he nudged the Samurai.  He nodded coldly, with a bit of a sigh, before taking his place in front of the gate once more.  

"Before you head into the exam, please come up to me and state your name.  At that time, I will mark you off the Attendance List and hand you a starting badge.  These badges will count towards your 5 total badges and also clue you in as to what you're looking for specifically."  The samurai held up a rather thick and bulky silver badge, in the shape of the U.A. logo, as it had been explained to look like before.  "After that, you will be allowed into the practical one at a time.  This process will be volunteer based, so the first ones to volunteer will be the most likely to find badges in the exam.  Those who wait last will most likely have to ambush others for theirs...or must have a sharp eye."  Misu shook a bit at the sudden fact that she'd have to volunteer to go in.  Should she wait?  Her main strategy was to beat some lame kids up and take their badges, but getting in first would guarantee her some more.  The option was pretty clear.

She swallowed her anxiousness, and walked through the crowd with vigor.  She approached the samurai with a fire in her eyes.  

"I don't care about becoming a hero...I just like to fight.  If I get paid in the process, that's good enough for me.  Misu Yoshino."  

The Samurai checked a tablet like device, scrolling through a bit, before nodding and giving Misu her badge.  He had dropped it into her hand like it was nothing, which was all the more surprising when Misu's hand almost plummeted to the ground due to it's sheer weight.  The thing must have weighed 10 pounds by itself.  Once her shock left her system, she easily picked herself back up with a smirk.  She looked back to the crowd of hero wannabees, and flashed them her badge.  

"Take a good look at it!  You won't be seeing yours for long!  Yohohoho~!"  Misu exclaimed, as the large gates opened up before her.  She turned to face them, as she was greeted with the duality of soft grasses and concrete pavement on the left and right respectively.  Her feet started moving on their own, as she dug her heels into the soggy terrain of the forest, flying through it with little more than a care.  "Hoho...this might be a little fun after all."  She said to herself, now that no one was around to hear her.  She had made it somewhat deeper into the forest before she heard the gates start to swing open again, making her spring forward faster than before. 

That's when she spotted the bright glimmer of shining metal, high into a tree.  A somewhat comedic "meow" could be heard coming from the same place too.  Looking at it, the tree must've been three stories tall.  Child's play for her, of course.  She ran towards the tall tree, and bolstered her leg muscles with a little steam power.  She lowered herself, only to explode into the air a moment later, jolting her up the tree's side.  She gripped a branch before she started to fall, only noticing that she was halfway up the tree, and where she needed to be.  However, now she could make out the distinct shape of a stuffed cat toy, with the badge nuzzled into it's side.  

"You've gotta be kidding me..."  

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka continued to look at the other heroes as they arrived, and continued to marvel at each and every one of them. The most unique of all being the foreigner who had a large horn protruding from his forehead. While she was amused by the challenge the beetleman presented towards another of the more haughty variety that had come here, Yuuka said nothing on the matter. Instead, she merely watched all the others talk with one another, when she suddenly felt a tap on her own shoulder. Turning around to face who had done so, it had appeared that he had not been willing to do so the same. 

As he turned away from her, the girl was immediately intrigued by the ragged stitched skin of his, wondering if he was someone prone to violence or not. Though, as he spoke, she figured that was likely not the case (unless of course the violence always ended up finding him,) and had to tune out the rest of the surrounding people to make sure he heard him correctly. As he made his proposition, the girl smiled at him and said, "well, that sounds like a wonderful idea." Looking to the side before looking back to him she said, "I don't consider myself especially powerful or anything so I hope your expectations of me aren't too large, but working together sounds great." Stretching out her hand she said, "and as you don't know me, I don't know you. So, to rectify that, hello, my name is-" she was cut off as the announcements began. Shrugging, she said, "well, you'll learn soon enough." 

After the one girl, Yoshino, had stepped up and made her declaration, Yuuka was, surprisingly, the next of the hero hopefuls to step up. Turning to everyone with a a large smile on her face, she bowed saying, "hello everyone, my name is Itou Yuuka. I look forward to working alongside all of you." Turning back to the instructor, she held out her hand to take the pin. Letting out a gasp from the surprise of the weight in her hand, the girl soon tightened her grip on it before giving a wave to the boy she had just spoken to before making her way into the city environment. 

Alright, I have 2 decks. . . my white gloves. . . was that it? “I swear I brought mo-”

"You know, you might be on to something," The sight and sound of an unexpected beetle man from Taro’s peripheral vision spooked him that he jumped back into another person. Taro was one for surprises, but not like this, nevertheless, he continued to listen to the man talk to the silver-hair boy, and then to everyone. He went into detail about making this a competition, like it wasn’t one in the first place, but the bug felt so confident in his abilities that it left a bad impression on Taro’s view of him.

“Excuse me, mister. . . beetle guy. I’m glad you are one to make this exam more exciting than what it needs to be but hear me out on this, what if we just have a party for those who make it into the hero classes? I mean it is already a competition already, no need to make a forest fire out of bed of coals. However, I can’t stop you from you making it harder than it needs to be, but I wish you luck.” As he finished, the last of the rules were explained and Taro jumped up to the front to get in early as he was not one that can ambush people on the fly.

He was the 3rd to register in, the first 2 being girls, named Misu Yoshino and Itou Yuuka, as they were both different in how they addressed the crowd behind them. One who was definitely going to fight everyone in her path, to the other who had a very sweet voice. “Oh! My name is Taro Den- I mean Tenkara! Taro Tenkara!” He nodded and handed him his badge, a hefty badge it was as it wasn’t going to affect Taro’s quirk one bit as he shrunk the badge and put it in his coat pocket. As he turned around to look at his competition, determination filled his being as he took off running into the city area.

Taro ran far from the gate to at least get some distance between him and those that may want to fight him, he had no time for that! He passed quite a few well-built buildings then stopped at a very decrepit one as he heard a woman’s scream from inside. Rushing inside, the building began to shake as rubble fell and exposed wires hung from the ceiling emitting sparks of electricity as they touched each other. As Taro progressed through the building, he started to pick up larger rubble and stuffing them into his coat as he continued to search for the screaming. At the 3rd floor, he found the source of the screaming. . . a speakerphone? It was quite unusual, but right next to it was a badge. “I guess I should be looking for stuff like this then, huh?” Taro spoke as he stuffed both the badge and speaker into his pockets and taking out rubble. “I need to limit my pocketing, but I should keep some of this relatively medium-sized rubble just in case.”

Just as he finished organizing, another scream started to wail in the building higher up. Taro quickly ran up the building, getting zapped as the wires began to multiply the higher he went until he reached the top where he found another speakerphone and badge. He picked up both as he peered off the side of the building to see more participates going through buildings. “Crap, I better get out of here!!” Yelled Taro as he ran back down the building and outside contemplating where he should go next.

"<justice>"

<"Hell yeah, JUSTICE!">

"Yeah, that's it!"

Diana grinned as she had some people join her small cheer. One of them was a giant beetle of a man, who proceeded to goad someone else. Not very justice-like, Diana felt, but maybe he would learn here. The other was a smaller girl with pale skin. Hardly the type that looked like she belonged here... 

Deciding that she should probably start up a conversation with the girl, she was caught off guard when a squirrely-looking boy covered in stitches approached the smaller girl. Diana waited for a moment and tried to listen in, but his voice didn't quite make it to her ears. She opened her mouth to join in, only to be cut off by the old man and samurai. After a short explanation of the exam, the boastful girl and then the girl she wanted to talk to went up, followed by a thin boy about her height headed up there. Determined to not fall too far behind, Diana rushed to the front as the others entered, taking her badge with a grin on her face, clutching it tight in her left hand and extending it upward as she looked over her fellow examinees.

"<My name is Diana Seigi! Yo-ro-shee-coo!>"

Turning her back to the group, she threw her badge into her backpack and entered the exam area, following after Yuuka. The beetle boy might be a blowhard, but Yuuka seemed alright. She caught up to the white-haired girl as she neared the city, flashing her whites.

"Yo, you were the girl that joined in my call for justice, right? I'm Diana, and I was wondering if you'd want to team up with me? I can offer strength, but I'm not much for anything past that."

As she extended a hand for the girl to shake, she realized that the stitched boy from earlier had approached. Given his size, he was probably helpful, and he didn't seem like he would be up to no good...

"You, too! Wanna form a team with me and her for this exam? I can carry as many badges as you need!"

3Zv19eY.png

The comments on Hibiki's unintentional outburst seemed to just be various flavors of "it's okay." However, there was one comment in particular that stood out to her outside the rest.

"You can be as loud as you like... Makes it easier for me to track you down and kick you into the dirt."

This girl... might be dangerous. I should avoid her during this test!

"Before you head into the exam, please come up to me and state your name. At that time, I will mark you off the Attendance List and hand you a starting badge.  These badges will count towards your 5 total badges and also clue you in as to what you're looking for specifically. After that, you will be allowed into the practical one at a time. This process will be volunteer based, so the first ones to volunteer will be the most likely to find badges in the exam. Those who wait last will most likely have to ambush others for theirs...or must have a sharp eye."

Sharp eye? Oh no! Hibiki briefly removed her sunglasses. Everything looked blurry under the sunny blue sky, and she had to squint and strain her eyes to make out any details on anyone. That was most certainly not a sharp eye! She put the sunglasses back on. She wasn't sure what counted as sharp, but she certainly could see better with less light invading her retinas. In the time it took to assess her vision situation, a few students had already stepped up and headed into the exam area. They were getting a head start over her! That was even worse!

Hibiki hurried up to the front after the Diana girl, wings flapping excitedly with every step. "I'm Himura Hibiki! Pleased to meet all of you!" She was handed the badge, clearly surprised by its weight. It was way heavier than it looked! Trying to pay no mind to the weight, Hibiki headed into the exam area. The area was split between a city and a forest. Obviously Hibiki was going to the forest. There would be more natural shade there, and probably more spots to hide if other dangerous students decided to try and fight.

And so, Hibiki turned, stepping into the woods and opening her mouth. A sound was coming out of her mouth, though there was no way the other students would've been able to hear it with how high-pitched it was. It was painting a clearer picture of her surroundings than her eyes would have given her. As one might have expected, her surroundings featured lots of trees. And one distinctly not-tree thing over in...

That direction!

Edited by Yui

PysLiPD.png?1

"You know, you might be on to something," Suda stepped back as the giant beetle man walked up to him. Wasn't he too old to be hanging around a bunch of high schoolers? Anyways, it didn't really matter. The large beetle man brought up an interesting idea. "How about we have a little bet? You and me, last person back here gotta do somethin' real embarrassing, I dunno, wearing a tutu, eating a unicycle, I dunno, we'll work that out later," Suda grinned as the armored man continued, turning to the rest of the class. "In fact, why don't we extend this little bet to anyone else who wants to join," He paused for a second more, before moving in for the kill. "That is, of course, unless you're afraid of a bug beating all of ya," This was the best way to weed out the most fun people to play with. "No pressure though,"

Suda let out a laugh. "Oh, you're on beetle man!" Suda scratched his chin, grinning. "I'll have to think of a suitable act for you to perform later." Suda turned to the other boy that had joined. He gave him a small frown. "You're no fun" He said, before shrugging. He took another look around him. "Doesn't look like anyone else is takin' the bet." He shrugged. "Guess it's just you and me, big guy." He turned back to the big guy, grinning. Before he could say much else, however, the announcements began.

"So we all get a badge to start with, huh..." Suda muttered, nudging the big guy. "You better not wimp out when I beat ya~!" He said, making his way towards the front.

"The name's Suda Hiroharu!" He proudly shouted, striking a pose as he gleamed at his crowd, before grabbing the badge. He knew it was going to be heavy, although it was a bit heavier than even he thought. Still, he managed to easily hold it as he grinned. "And yes, I do autographs." He winked as he stepped off, heading towards the examination area. As he made his way, he saw one of the girls from the crowd... scream? It looked like she was screaming, although he couldn't hear anything. She had an obvious bat quirk, and a keen sense of style with the sunglasses she was wearing. She'd make for a perfect first fan.

Suda ran after the girl. "Hey, Hibiki was it?" Suda said, grinning as he brushed the hair off of his face. "I overheard some of the other students are teaming up... how 'bout you and I group up too? I'm sure the two of us will get through this no problem!" He said with confidence, striking a pose as he did.

At Valerie's interjection, Kess notably stiffened, turning her head slowly to glare at the girl. The very air around her seemed to be charged with anger.

"You want to talk about weakness, I'm more than happy to put yours on display once we get inside," she snapped, sneering as she looked back towards the gate imperiously. "We're allowed to take badges any way we want, and I'll take that rule to heart. Feel free to test it if you're stupid enough to come across me."

Kess listened intently to the instructions the exam givers were delivering, face pensive as she took it all in. One at a time, huh? Didn't seem to stop a bunch of the others from floating the idea of teaming up. She snorted derisively. Amateurs. She wouldn't need anybody's help. Not with how any people there were here to steal badges from. In fact...

Kess waited a few moments before stepping forward. Normally she would have volunteered immediately, but she felt like letting some of the others in first. Let them do the hunting for her. She clenched a fist, feeling the knuckles crack inside her hand as she declared her name:

"Kessandra Branwen; Now let me the hell in."

She reached out a hand, and the badge was allowed to thud into her grip. She acknowledged it's weight with distaste; It would slow her down, for sure. Especially if she had multiple.

Good thing I'm not going to be doing the heavy lifting, she thought to herself, bending forward into a sprinter's stance slowly as the gate was opened for her. She tensed briefly, then exploded forward. Dirt kicked up from the ground in a large wave as she streaked into the trees, darting to and fro, nearly colliding with a trunk every few feet in her sheer, uncontrolled forward momentum, head thrust forward as she laughed loudly, a figure already in her sights. 

"PIPSQUEAK, EH?" she screamed loudly, jumping into the air and spinning like a vicious whirlpool to slam her leg into the trunk of the tree that Misu was in. There was a brief moment of resistance, the air shuddering around her body, before the trunk snapped, sending the top hurtling down towards the ground, Kess' eyes locked on the girl in it with an expectant grin on her face.

She landed on the ground, pivoting to stare Misu down, fists up and ready to fight. "Well then, come at me... Or, actually. I have a better idea." She stood tall, not as tall as her adversary, but with fierce pride and tense muscles, clearly ready to strike if she had to. "You seem like one of the few idiots in here who has their shit straight. I could just take your badges and leave you to look for more... But it'd be a shame to be the only one with their head in the right place at UA. All these idiots walking around yelling about JUSTICE!" She shouted the last word derisively, mockingly. "None of them have what it takes... Let's make sure the ones who get in know what they signed up for. A hard, slogging son of a bitch of a journey to being a hero." She raised the fingers on one hand, beckoning Misu towards her, to fight or to join. "Whaddaya say, amazon? Waste your time fighting me? Or are you gonna help me keep the CHAFF out?"

I'll take your fucking badges either way, you giant bitch! If that's what it takes I'll do it! she thought vehemently in her head, 

Edited by Faytl

Itsuki Watanabe

"<JUSTICE!>" "<Justice.>"  <"Hell yeah, JUSTICE!">

"<J-justice...>" Itsuki said with a minimal-effort pump of his fist. So far, the crowd here was on an energy level several notches above his own. Even the scary girl, who seemed to get angry at the enthusiastic individuals for this, was displaying far more enthusiasm than Itsuki was. Of course, not the same enthusiasm, mind you.

"Looks like we have some enthusiastic competitors! Let's not keep them waiting any longer, shall we?" The old man said, and the Samurai stepped forward.

"Before you head into the exam, please come up to me and state your name. At that time, I will mark you off the Attendance List and hand you a starting badge. These badges will count towards your 5 total badges and also clue you in as to what you're looking for specifically." The samurai held up a thick, silver badge in the shape of the U.A. logo. "After that, you will be allowed into the practical one at a time. This process will be volunteer based, so the first ones to volunteer will be the most likely to find badges in the exam. Those who wait last will most likely have to ambush others for theirs... or must have a sharp eye."

One by one, with the scary girl in the lead, the students went up, announced their names, and received their badges. Not many of them looked terribly interesting, and that one angry short girl seemed to be trying a bit too hard. Reminded Itsuki of any of those blowhards at the arcade that were all talk until they went 0-10. Then they tried to be all fist, of course then Itsuki's quirk would come into play and--

And that was it. A light-bulb went off in Itsuki's head and he realized how he could pass this exam without having to work terribly hard. When a gap in the flow of students showed up, Itsuki walked up with a smirk on his face. "Yo, Itsuki Watanabe. I'll take my badge, thanks." The Samurai cocked his head at Itsuki and handed him the badge, that Itsuki promptly almost dropped. Getting a tighter grip on the weight, he walked through the gate and into the trees.

He glanced into the trees of the forest, and every now and then he spotted the glint of silver way up there. He let out an exasperated sigh. His quirk was good for horizontal movement, but the last time he tried to do anything vertical it didn't work out terribly well. But that didn't matter, if his idea worked then he wouldn't need to climb any trees. Itsuki stopped walking and performed a small hop. Just below his feet, a large, shimmering, yellow rectangle appeared just before Itsuki landed on the ground. As he stood on top of the rectangle, it would slide off to the side subtly. "Alrighty then, let's get goin'," Itsuki said to himself, gripping a tree to his side and pushing off hard, sliding off into the forest as if he road on a snowboard.

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai, needless to say, felt a cold shoulder when the bat girl didn't happen to respond to him, but he figured she was already embarrassed by that whole outburst anyway. No sweat off his back. Besides, there would be plenty of time for conversations later.

"Before you head into the exam, please come up to me and state your name. At that time, I will mark you off the Attendance List and hand you a starting badge. These badges will count towards your 5 total badges and also clue you in as to what you're looking for specifically. After that, you will be allowed into the practical one at a time. This process will be volunteer based, so the first ones to volunteer will be the most likely to find badges in the exam. Those who wait last will most likely have to ambush others for theirs... or must have a sharp eye."

"First one's free? That's pretty handy, I suppose." he shrugged, not exactly caring one way or the other. He'd probably have to learn the names of the students soon anyway. Plus, they get the first badge free just for doing that. Then again...the volunteering portion...

"I don't care about becoming a hero...I just like to fight.  If I get paid in the process, that's good enough for me.  Misu Yoshino."

"hello everyone, my name is Itou Yuuka. I look forward to working alongside all of you."

“Oh! My name is Taro Den- I mean Tenkara! Taro Tenkara!”

"<My name is Diana Seigi! Yo-ro-shee-coo!>"

"I'm Himura Hibiki! Pleased to meet all of you!"

"The name's Suda Hiroharu! And yes, I do autographs."

"Kessandra Branwen; Now let me the hell in."

"Yo, Itsuki Watanabe. I'll take my badge, thanks."

Sheesh...already behind the game on this. Yuudai sighed, before making his way up to the samurai and flashed a smile and gave a thumbs up. "Morning! Shiba Yuudai. I should be under either Yuudai...or unless its like the American naming convention...if it's that then I may be under Yuudai Shiba." Once handed his badge, he found out it was INCREDIBLY heavier than he was expecting. His muscles whirled slightly to life as they compensated some in order to allow Yuudai to lift the badge. "H-Heh...no worries, I got it! And by the way...for anyone else, if you need help, I'll give you a hand!"

With a slight wave, he walked in through the gate and was met with two options. On one hand, the forest area could've been good...buuuut then again...the city area would probably be better in a situation like this. Soooooo...city zone it was!

He'd find his first badge with no problems, so maybe if he tried going up high to scout the area, then maybe he'd get some sort of advantage. Yuudai rounded the corner and noticed an animatronic lady who seemed to have her hands full and was trying to cross the street. He paused suddenly to notice this, blinking quite a few times. ...is that real? Sure looks real... he thought, not believing that there was an animatronic woman trying to do this. Must be part of the exam...welp, better do my good deeds then. They're probably watching like hawks...

Yuudai then proceeded to do the only rational thing he could in a situation like this...help the robotic lady across the street. He felt so weird for doing it, but he figured it was practice for the real thing of being a hero. Always living to serve others, he supposed. Once on the other side of the street, Yuudai happened to glance down and what he saw astonished him: a badge just appearing from the sidewalk.

"No way...okay that's actually pretty cool!" he chuckled, snatching up the badge and proceeding to find the next badge.

Yuudai's Badge Count: 2

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Valerie's body was literally starting to shake with excitement. So many people around the area were getting so pumped up. And all the while this boy that she had wanted to help pump up seemed to become even more withdrawn.

“...hey, uh, you realize how hot you are right?”

Valerie gave a laugh as the boy tried to explain himself. She pat her hand on his shoulder and gave him a thumbs up. "How about I just take that as a compliment and let's move on. Get your head in the game, Headphones, things are really gonna heat up from here on."

As if to prove that one of the girls Valerie had addressed earlier stepped up to her.

"You want to talk about weakness, I'm more than happy to put yours on display once we get inside,"

"If you're trying to scare me off it ain't working. I'll accept your challenge, any day, any time!"

Squeezing Lesnar's shoulder she started to move towards where they were instructed. She spoke over her shoulder at him, "And if you want to see more of my 'hot body' feel free to try and keep up with me."

Introducing herself, loudly and proudly, Valerie declared, "My name is Valerie Clark. And I'm going to be the number one hero!" Placing the weighted badge in her gym bag Valerie then took off into the testing area.

While she didn't want to put her headphones on, she needed to be aware, she couldn't help but put on some music to keep herself pumped up.

True to her plan she went straight to the city area as soon as she could. She was already starting to pump out the heat more than normal and she didn't want to burn the entire forest down.

The first building that really stood out was one that looked to be sealed off. Caution tape, barriers to prevent entrance, something that really seemed out of the ordinary especially in an abandoned testing area.

Moving around to a narrow alley in the backs he noticed a fire escape that seemed to be in some disrepair. The ladder didn't reach nearly close enough to the ground but there were a couple dumpsters nearby. So Valerie took off at a run, jumped onto the dumpster, kicked off the wall, and grabbed onto the bottom of the lowest platform on the fire escape. From there she pulled herself up. As soon as she did she heard the metal groan in protest and begin to tear from the wall. Immediately the girl began to race up the steps, leaping up to grab onto the next platform as soon as she could in order to scale it faster, and she managed to get to the top of the roof before the fire escape gave way and crashed to the ground.

"If they didn't know where I was before I bet they do now." She muttered with a smirk.

Atop the roof was what seemed to be a crashed helicopter. Though upon closer inspection it was clear it was a simulation. She noticed her prize, a badge, among the wreckage. Was this supposed to simulate someone injured in the crash? Well, whatever the case she moved forward and crouched to grab the thing and put it in her bag with the other one.

Standing and heading to the edge of the roof she used this chance to examine the area. From up here she'd probably be able to spot something that'd point her to the next badge.

This was way too easy.