Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

Oh shoot!

This was Taro’s last thought as he shot off like a car flying through the air as he repeatedly hit the ground, causing him to blackout after a hard blow to his head. Everything was muted and blurry as his sight came back, as the fight was still going on he concluded that he passed out for a few seconds, though he wondered what just happened to him. The adrenaline was enough to keep him from feeling some of the pain from the impact, but he needed to know what is broken and what isn’t. Slowly but surely, he started to find if he had broken anything as the natural painkiller started to wear off. His body overall was hurting, but he felt intense pain in his left arm and right side of his chest. He tried sitting up, only to be greeted by a stabbing sensation and quickly just laid back down as he tried to see what was going on with the fight. It seemed that Ms. Hitotsume was finally helping the rest of the class. . . well, those who can still fight that is. . . 

Taro reached into his pocket and pulled out a baseball bat as he took another attempt to sit up using it as a crutch. Fighting through the pain, he was able to get a better view of what is initially happening. He was relatively far from the group as he saw Hibiki threatening the man, to the teacher firing a beam from her stomach. Nevertheless, Taro looked at his arm as though his hand seemed fine, outside of a broken pinky, his upper arm was definitely broken. His legs seemed fine as he scooted over away from view, however, his mind ran as he settled down.

Well, I guess I’m just a helpless victim now. Though I could help fight, however, that would lead me to get hurt even more than I am now. I need to take it easy for the short while. . . It seems that everyone is much more capable in fighting than I am, I mean, what can I do except throw flashy smoke bombs and cars. . . Is this really worth it though? Why did I even come to this school? I don’t have the greatest quirk ever and yet here I am, in the Hero Course fighting gang leaders and breaking myself in the name of ‘justice’. . . It seems that today was just a set up for me to fail in some way as if some god just doesn’t like me and is just expecting me to give up. . . I wonder if the other group is faring better than us. I might as well call the authorities to at least help to an extent because heaven forbid that I do nothing and sit around while everyone else is fighting.

Reaching in his pockets, he grabbed his phone and dialed the police, hoping to at least get someone else here to help instead of having 1 pro and a bunch of students do all the work.

Oh God, I feel pathetic. . .

mVvsZap.png?1

While Yuuka had manged to grab onto the legs of the woman they were fighting, it seemed that this was only a short lived victory. The girl, being as acrobatic as she was, had managed to swing her legs into the air with both her and Hibiki on them. While Yuuka's base objective of poisoning the leg was a success, the amount of poison was likely more leaning towards a failure's number as both she and Hibiki were given a lesson in flying, a lesson Yuuka had not wanted to experience either times this day. As the duo landed on the ground, Yuuka letting out a small grunt of pain as this happened, the silver haired girl slowly stood back up again. Trying to stretch her pain out, she marveled at Gypsy's gymnastics yet again as she tore her way down the street, only to look at her bat companion as she started to relay part of her plan. 

While Yuuka was interested in this plan, even her expression was dumbfounded by Hibiki's sudden threat to turn the man into a vampire. However, the shock of how unbelievable a statement it was soon replaced with an extreme wonder of what it would be like if she could turn people into vampires. All the same, remembering the girl's earlier warning, Yuuka didn't seem to think too much on it - at least for now as she would have to do great study into bats to see if there was any way someone with a bat quirk could make a vampire - and instead saw Hibiki's attempt for what it was. A hostage attempt. 

Generally speaking, bluffs were fine as far as heroing went. They were a sign of quick thinking and, in a different application then what most thought of, social skills that were required of a hero. Hostage situations, were much less so. Deliberately using another person as a shield of sorts was far more in a villain's book of tricks than a heroes, and though it was necessary for each side to borrow from one another from time to time, the fact remained that Yuuka did not think the idea was a very heroic one. Not to mention, were she to take a hostage, Yuuka was a bit confused why she went for such a lie when she had a perfectly good broken bottle shiv earlier, and Yuuka herself was a walking bio hazard. In spite of all of this, though, Yuuka would've been lying if the bluff into question didn't greatly amuse her and she was curious to see what came of it. And so, with a sudden look of surprise Yuuka said, "oh. So that's what happened to that one kid at the entrance exam." 

"Uh...How do I do that?  I think if I wanted to, I could've killed you, him, that girl and boy from earlier, and even this kid. In the blink of an eye.  I'm not a bad guy...we just have our own way of doing things."

"Which means that you have a reason not to," Diana retorted and glared, "That doesn't prove that you're <just>."

“Seigi-san, I understand that Scarlet Skeleton is not to be trusted"

Diana flinched when she heard Katsurou's voice. There was no way anyone else should have been able to escape. She expected maybe Suda, but even he shouldn't have been able to catch up... The girl clenched her fists as Katsurou continued, unsure of how to handle the situation.

"But he is willing to help Silver-san escape for now. Sensei is coming any second now, we have to keep moving. Once we are safe, we can decide what to do!”

"For real kid, I've got a real tight schedule, and I gotta see if Silver likes his new accommodations! Besides...if I fight you kids, I'll never hear the end of it from the others!  'Way to go beating up some little heroes, Crimson!'.  'I bet you feel like a real tough guy, Crimson!'.  It'll never end!  So help me help you help me!"   

Ada clenched her fists tighter, so tight that she broke some of the skin on her left palm. What could she do? The situation was out of her control now. She couldn't decide what she had to do. But as the blood began to seep, Diana grit her teeth and lunged for Crimson, pulling her left fist back in an attempt to slug him.

Run! You need to get away! Her mind screamed at Silver as she leaped, You need to get out of here while I distract him!

"I shall flee...but not from Crimson...but from you, clouded child..."  Silver said, as he ran ahead of the two.  Crimson rolled his shoulders, as the girl prepared to slug him.

"So you're really making me do this, huh kid?"  He sighed, before placing his hands on the ground.  With a grunt, a bastion of red spikes were put between himself and the girl.

Dammit, he's not worth trusting! Her mind screamed as she tried to dodge the spikes, managing to avoid most of them. However, she was unable to prevent them from stabbing into her left leg, an anguished scream escaping her. She gripped the very thing that had pierced her, using it to brace herself as she swung her right foot at Crimson, teeth ground tight.

Crimson, with a twist of his wrists and a snapping sound, removed his hands from the ground in order to put up a guard around his head.  Red plates had burst from his arms, tearing his duster up in the process.  As the kick landed, Crimson grunted at the sheer force of the impact.  Some of his plating was chipped away.  However, he managed to shove the girl off him.

"Geez, that sure was a mean kick.  What'd you say your quirk was again?"  He asked, shaking out his hand.

Diana landed with a yelp, her weakened leg bleeding profusely as the color began to drain from her body. Even so, a wide smile crept over her face.

"My quirk... is <justice>. The strength to never back down, the heart to never run away... The meaning of a true <HERO>!"

However, before the girl could push any further, she collapsed. Her leg was bleeding too much, too fast. She could tell her leg was mostly in-tact, but the sheer blood loss was something she hadn't accounted for.

"<Dammit>... I can't fall... here... <Not now>..."

Diana's consciousness began to fade as she watched Crimson, raising her left fist to him, managing one last line before she fainted.

"<I'll make sure... to save Silver...!>"

"Uh...How do I do that?  I think if I wanted to, I could've killed you, him, that girl and boy from earlier, and even this kid, in the blink of an eye.  I'm not a bad guy...we just have our own way of doing things."

Katsurou had to pause to consider Scarlet’s position. It was true, if Scarlet Skeleton was as brutal as most criminals, why would he stop to negotiate with heroes? If his Quirk was so dangerous, clearly just eliminating all opposition would be much easier. Instead, he paused to parlay, then ran away instead of fighting. Even if he was working outside of the law and perhaps even working with criminals, Scarlet himself was not necessarily evil.

However, Katsurou could feel the rage and confusion coming from Diana, which was gruesomely exemplified by the blood that now ran out of her clenched fists. Her whole body was tense, and Katsurou knew from his uncle’s training that the situation was about to collapse very quickly.

The following events happened all in an instant. Diana leapt towards Scarlet in an attempt to knock him out with a haymaker. At the same time, Silver bounded away from them with his stilt-like legs, quickly disappearing down the river. Scarlet reacted to Diana’s sudden strike almost instantly, plunging his arms into the ground, causing the ground around Diana to erupt in  barricade of red spikes. The spikes came dangerously close to Katsurou, who desperately leapt away from the two, roughly landing on his back, just barely avoiding a stray spike.

When the dust cleared, Katsurou’s eyes went wide when he saw that one of the spikes had hit its mark, piercing cleanly through Diana’s thigh. This injury would completely incapacitate a normal person, but Diana was clearly cut from different cloth. Instead of recoiling from the injury, she instead used the spike to pivot into a powerful kick, forcing Scarlet to withdraw the spikes to block the blow. Even then, the sound of the impact echoed through the forest and Scarlet visibly winced as several chips of his bone-like material fell around him. However, it would be removing the spike that would cause Diana to collapse in a bloody heap, with a pool of dark ichor slowly growing under her.

“Seigi-san!”

“Ah jeez, now I’ve really done it! I won’t hear the end of this!”

Katsurou knew that Diana’s injury would cause her to bleed out in a few minutes if she did not get medical help. Springing into action, Katsurou scrambled over to Diana. In well rehearsed movements, he formed his orb into a ring around her upper thigh, clamping around the leg and putting pressure around the femoral artery. Taking his shirt off, he then wrapped it around the wound and applied pressure as he lifted her leg above his head. With his, he knew that he could only buy Diana a few more minutes before the blood loss claimed her. She had already gone unconscious. With no other option, he turned to Scarlet, who was now looking down at him with concern in his eyes.

“Scarlet-san! Why would you do this?!”

“It was an accident! She was just a lot faster than she looked!”

“Please, if you are as good as you say, go find sensei! Go find anyone who can help! She will not last much longer like this!”

“Ah jeez, why did you kids need to get involved?” Crimson lamented as he dashed off into the forest and out of sight.

Katsurou was now left in silence, with the only things piercing the oppressive quiet was his own panting and Diana’s weak, ragged breaths. He looked down at Diana’s injury and saw that his shirt was quickly becoming saturated with blood, staining his hands scarlet. With little else he could do, Katsurou bowed his head and started praying. He had done all he could; the rest would be by the grace of God.

Itsuki

"Well that ain't something you see everyday.  Hey sis, I don't think I've ever seen one of your stomps stopped in it's tracks before!"  Itsuki peaked his eyes open at the realization that he wasn't, in fact, pulverized. The girl's attack had hit, and hit hard, but she had rebounded off and landed some distance away.

"The brat just got lucky is all!  I didn't put enough step into it!" She yelled, before breaking into a run.

"It's not luck, that's how my quirk works you idiot!" Itsuki shouted back, getting more and more irate by the people he was surrounded by. The girl's run was quickly interrupted by a volley of beam fire, but their teacher's attack ultimately served no purpose in halting the thug's assault. Instead, it turned her into a human buzz-saw, spinning through the street without stopping. Ms. Hitotsume attempted more beam attacks, but each was as fruitless as the next.

"Well then."  Ms. Hitotsume said, looking at her nails, and then to Itsuki.  "Think you can stop that with your fancy shield?"

"Oh my god," Itsuki said in flawed english, gritting his teeth and doing his best to conjure up another shield. Sweat trickled down his cheek as he took as strong of a stance as he could, and while the shield he produced was the same dark-grey colour, its opacity was noticeably flickering this time.

"Stop or I'll turn him into a vampire!" The bat girl had then shouted out. Itsuki risked allowing his eye to dart in their direction to see the bat girl poised to take a bite out of the other thugs neck. "And then he'll get fried like some cheap fast food by the sun up there, because that's what happens!"

"That's not how momentum works, Hibuki!" Itsuki shouted the wrong name, but his patience had been broken a bit too much, as his shield became significantly more translucent.

whIkgqw.png

"Don't have much time for ideas right now." Valerie responded.  She then began to whisper to them, "We don't really have to win. Just keep him here as long as possible. I'm going to keep up the pressure and make sure he can't get out of our reach. At least one of you should keep back to stop him if he slips past."

"Man..."  Misu whined, rolling her shoulder.  "This guy's banged me up pretty good...I kinda wanted to pull the rug out from under him and give him my own beat down."  She sighed in defeat.  "Guess that ain't happenin', huh?"  Her fist tightened, as it also began to rattle nervously.  "I ain't ever lost a fight before."  She said, her grin almost wavering.  

"Alright then. I'm thinking...a double lariat..." Yuudai said, next. "We rush in towards his front and strike him. You and your steam...and me and my belts...might push him back. Hell, maybe even some damage to him. Heh, you say when, Misu."

"Did you just say...heh?"  She asked, looking at his strange arm muscles with disgust.  

"I'm not going to stop but I'd really rather not start a forest fire. I think it's in everyone's best interest if you focus on me. If you're really a hero I think you'd want to prioritize taking me out before something happens."

"Goading me into prioritizing you?"  He said, getting into position.  "You do pose the biggest threat to the park...I assume your convictions would give you the will to do such a thing."  The tightening sound began to start up.  "So be it."  However, to his surprise, Valerie had rushed his position.  The flames danced off of her arms as she made his way towards him.  He held on tightly for a split second, before releasing his tension and letting his fist fly.  The girl had anticipated this, and weaved around his telegraphed punch, rising with an uppercut the shot hot flames.  The attack hit him square in the face.  This time, he had to take the brunt of the attack, before letting off a small snap to give him some breathing room with air pressure alone.

"When!"  Misu roared, as the two made a mad rush for Spring Lock.  Their arms locked against each other.  Misu's arm seemed to expand to a comical degree, filling themselves with steam, as Yuudai's belts began to whir to life.  They dashed past Valerie, slamming their arms into Spring Lock's gut.  A burst of steam erupted from Misu's arm on impact, creating an intense explosion of vapor, while Yuudai's arm grinded away at the teacher's clothes and then skin.  With a strong follow through, they managed to knock Spring Lock quite a ways away from them, at least 30 yards.  However, the man still stood.  His clothes tattered, his middle section scuffed, and his face slightly singed.  He took a couple of fingers, and extinguished a fire that had started on a strand of his hair.  

"Your convictions are strong..."  He said, before he was brought down to one knee.  Shakily, he picked himself back up, winding his legs up in an attempt to keep them from collapsing again.  "U.A. will be sad to have such student's expelled."  The man's muscles bulged exponentially, as multiple winding sounds could be heard all at once.  He prepared to launch himself at the student's again, until a voice permeated through the battle. 

"SPRING!"  Crimson had burst through the treeline, his arms out in front of him.  Spring Lock looked to the noise with a swift turn of his neck.  The sounds halted.  "One of your students totally tripped and fell on a stalactite or somethin'!  They're bleeding out really bad!  We need to get them to a doctor!"  

"RYUJI!"  Spring Lock roared, as their was a sharp snapping.  Spring Lock had launched himself towards Crimson, but the man had already retreated back into the forest.  

"It wasn't my fault man, come on!"  

Misu collapsed to the ground, her injuries finally getting through to her.  

"Jesus!  That was a pain in the ass!"  She fell on her back, breathing heavily.  Steam poured out of her mouth like dry ice as she did so.  "I'm gonna...take a breather right here...if that's cool with you guys."  She waved her fist in the air, lazily.  "And if it ain't I'll send you flyin'!"  

Following Crimson, Spring Lock finally arrived at the scene where Diana had been severely injured.  Crimson had jumped ahead, avoiding the scene altogether, leaving the man with a wave.  Spring Lock moved Katsurou aside.  He tore off a piece of his shirt as well to replace the already bloodied cloth Katsurou had been using.  Noticing the metallic ring around her thigh, he nodded to the boy.

"Good thinking."  He picked up Diana gingerly, and then turned his back to Katsurou, squatting towards the ground.  "Get on...we're going to need you to keep this tourniquet up, or she'll bleed out.  There's not much time."  Katsurou would then place his arms around Spring Lock's neck.  "Hold on tight."  The man squatted once again, winding up his legs, before launching himself way above the treeline.  He continued to bound at a rapid pace, using anything he could as footing for the next launch.  As he landed in the open field with the others, his eyes sharpened.  "Get on the bus."  He said sternly, before launching himself through the forest again.  He moved precisely, as the girl in his arms wouldn't even feel the slightest nudge, a testament to this man's incredible strength and reflexes.  In no time at all, they had made their way to the nearest hospital.  

After having Diana admitted into hospital care, Spring Lock looked to Katsurou. 

"You did well today."  He turned away from the boy, rubbing the underside of his nose.  "You all did well."  

Misu made her way towards the bus with all the others, before crashing in a seat by herself.  She'd wait until Valerie got on the bus to ask her a question.  

"Yo...you think you did the right thing today?"  She scratched her head in frustration.  "Honestly...I kinda just wanted to fight that teacher...but after doin' something for that thing...I feel kinda.."  She frazzled her hair in confusion.  "Ugh!  I don't even know!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

The woman laughed gleefully as she approached Itsuki's shield.  

"TIME FOR ROUND TWO LITTLE BOY!   YEEHAW!"  The sounds of the street being ripped to shreds by this woman's somersault filled the air.  That was until Hibiki's scream tore through the clatter.  

"Stop or I'll turn him into a vampire!" The bat girl threatened, baring her fangs and then pointing up to the sun. "And then he'll get fried like some cheap fast food by the sun up there, because that's what happens!"

"oh. So that's what happened to that one kid at the entrance exam." The other chimed in.  

"Eep!"  The girls attack came to an extremely sudden stop, causing some street in front of her to crack, sending debris and wind towards Itsuki's shield.  "You're...You're bluffin!"  With the statement, Ren could be heard laughing.

"I wouldn't chance it, sis."  He chuckled.  Raising both of his hands in the air, Renegade smiled towards Gypsy.  "They got me...and I don't really wanna be a pile of ash right about now..."  

The girl's cheeks puffed out, as she began to pout.  

"Geez!  That's what you get for getting beat up and caught!  You're useless Ren!  Useless!  Useless!"  She raised her hands in the air as well.  "Some heroes...threatening my brother like that...Guess I got no choice then, hu-"  A beam of energy surged across the street, landing right in Gypsy's gut, knocking her out cold.  Ms. Hitotsume strutted over to her, placing handcuffs around her wrists and ankles.  She did the same with Renegade, making sure to not make contact with his body in any capacity.  As sirens began to blare in the distance, Ms. Hitotsume turned back towards the others, clapping her hands.  A large smile painted her face.  

"Good job today everyone~!  What a wonderful display~!  I got to see how you all reacted in this kinda situation~!  If I had to give grades, I'd give everyone a mega U.A.+~!!"  She then turned her clapped hands into two thumbs down.  Her smile was washed away with a raised eyebrow, and a disgusting frown.  "Psyche!  That was pathetic!  It took you forever to dispatch a couple of low-level thugs!  When I first started this whole hero thing, I was beating baddies like these like I was wiping my own ass!"  She laughed, before wiping a tear from her eye.  "Makes me a little nostalgic watching your faces getting stomped, though."  She stuck her hip out, placing a hand on it.  The police and paramedics had arrived on scene, taking the thugs into custody, and placing Herc and Taro on stretchers, whilst the other students were looked at.  The paramedics struggled to lift Herc into an ambulance, as they recruited a couple of officers to assist, ultimately needing eight people to put Herc in the back.  The two were sent to the same hospital that Blake had been sent to, as there conditions were not as critical.  

The rest of the students were taken to a nearby ice cream shop.  Ms. Hitotsume told them all to buy whatever they liked, as the patrons stared at the battered students.  

"So...what do you think of hero-ing?!"  The teacher asked them, with curiosity drilled into her expression.  "Totally wanna give up, don't ya?"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

ohSLUWk.png

"Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaaaaan?" Herc muttered under his breath. He was trying anything to shake off the pain and he was feeling. He wasn't sure exactly what was going on, as his mind was just swimming. He had to wonder, did his dad go through all this? Herc only knew his dad after he was deep into his hero career, did he ever get have injuries this bad? Or was Herc just way too cocky? He had no clue... Finally though, the pain faded to a dull ache and Herc could finally focus. He was... in an ambulance? Well, son of dung beetle... He really didn't want to think about how bad it must of looked. He could just hear his teacher and fellow students laughing their ass off when they got back.

He really didn't want to do it, but they insisted he get his body checked and make sure there was no permanent damage. After a few exams, they found out that he had both a sprained wrist, and his exoskeleton around his lower part of his arms were cracked, some barely hanging off of his body. The sprained wrist was no problem, he would just need to take it easy for a day or two. No, the most worrying thing was the exoskeleton. 

As the doctor told him, he was the first of his kind, so they had no idea how long it would take his exoskeleton to heal, or if it even would at all. All they could do was wrap up his lower arms in bandages. It kinda looked cool to be honest. Maybe he would incorporate that into his future hero costume. He sighed to himself as he walked down the hall. He wasn't bedridden, in fact he was quite alright, but he wasn't allowed to leave the hospital just yet. He wanted to call his parents, but it was too late into the night for them right now. So now he was just walking around the hospital a bit aimlessly.

After some time passed, he found himself in front of Taro's room. Well, he supposed he could talk to the guy. He knocked on the door softly before walking in. "Yo, Taro, how are ya holding up?"

c8vVeoJ.png

It worked out perfectly...just like he was wanting. A double lariat performed by him and Misu. Not only this, he was actually able to apply his belt muscles to good use, something he truly hadn't thought about since he was pretty young. Nevertheless, unfortunately...this "Locomotive Lariat" (name pending), only succeeded in pushing Spring Lock back about 30 yards. And right now...he was spent...

"Your convictions are strong...U.A. will be sad to have such student's expelled."

This cut to Yuudai like a knife. He truthfully didn't want to be expelled...but then again...he wanted to save a friend. Surely that want and act alone would be good enough...right? As Yuudai got in a stance, ready to attempt to try and stop Spring Lock from advancing, Crimson...no Scarlet Skeleton...returned.

"SPRING! One of your students totally tripped and fell on a stalactite or somethin'!  They're bleeding out really bad!  We need to get them to a doctor!"  

"RYUJI!"

"It wasn't my fault man, come on!"

The young man watched as Spring Lock launched himself towards Crimson and through the forest. Yuudai immediately collapsed on his rear, groaning slightly as he held his arm and slightly rubbed his legs. T-This...I pushed myself too far again...j-jeez...strained good again. he thought, just sitting there for a good long period of time.

BGM

"Get on the bus."

These were the words that Yuudai heard from a quite stern Spring Lock, after he carried off Katsurou and Diana to the hospital. Apparently Diana was injured...which wasn't what he was expecting to see at all. Still, now his mind was reeling with what could possibly be done now...namely to the current three that sort of had a hand in Silver leaving with Scarlet Skeleton: Misu, Valerie, and of course himself.

"Yo...you think you did the right thing today? Honestly...I kinda just wanted to fight that teacher...but after doin' something for that thing...I feel kinda...Ugh!  I don't even know!"

Yuudai looked at Misu who asked the question to Valerie, as he sighed. That was the biggest thought most of these students, well, at least the three had more than likely. He remained quiet for a moment, before piping up.

"...I honestly think we did." he spoke. "...truth be told, the last time I saw Silver...he was attacked by that Napalm kid during the Entrance Exam. I wanted to help him then, hell, I was planning to help him then, but that attack left him scarred and he wondered if what the kid's thought of a hero was...if that was the same thing I had." Yuudai sighed greatly, shaking his head. "Today was the first time I've seen him since then...I...I just wanted to help him, just like I was trying to that day. I wanted to show him...that my thought of a hero...wasn't like that kid's."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

ksARFRH.png

"Oh. So that's what happened to that one kid at the entrance exam." Hibiki nodded enthusiastically, glad Yuuka was so quick to play along with the bluff.

"Eep! You're...You're bluffin!"

Uh-oh.

"I wouldn't chance it, sis. They got me...and I don't really wanna be a pile of ash right about now..." Fortunately, Ren was a bit more cautious with the bluff, not wanting to take any chances. Her wings flapped eagerly as the male twin surrendered, leaving only the girl twin, who also followed suit. Her heart was still racing, ready for one of them to say something like "As if!" then suddenly turn on the bat girl herself.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case, complete with Ms. Hitotsume knocking Gypsy out cold. Much to her relief, the Kinetitwins had been defeated. She could hear sirens in the distance as the two were put in handcuffs, and Hibiki left Renegade with a "Sorry for holding you hostage like that," before reuniting with her teacher and the rest of the class. At first, it sounded like they'd all done a pretty good job, but then...

"Psyche! That was pathetic! It took you forever to dispatch a couple of low-level thugs! When I first started this whole hero thing, I was beating baddies like these like I was wiping my own ass! Makes me a little nostalgic watching your faces getting stomped, though."

"Ehhhhhhhh?" The students here didn't really have "dispatch of thug" type Quirks though, aside from Herc who couldn't fight Renegade because of how his own Quirk worked. Compared to shooting laser beams, that was hardly fair. But Ms. Hitotsume did take everyone out for ice cream, aside from Herc and Taro who had to be sent to the hospital. She'd make sure to check in on them after school today if they weren't back before classes were over! Hibiki had gotten orange-flavored ice cream, and quite a helping of it for someone of her size. She wasn't about to let the offer of one free ice cream go to waste!

"So...what do you think of hero-ing?! Totally wanna give up, don't ya?"

"Not happening!" Hibiki answered after taking a moment to stop shoving ice cream into her mouth. The rush of her first successful hero work was coursing through her veins, and it showed. "It wasn't easy getting the okay to come up here, so I'm not wasting it by giving up. I'm going to start training my Quirk like crazy to catch up to everyone else, too!"

Valerie felt a rush as her hit connected with the teacher and caused a very real reaction. She was all geared up to keep going when suddenly the other two came swinging in and sent the man flying. She hesitated. If she went at him again those two could possibly get caught up in the attack. Especially with how wild the flames were getting.

The hesitation lasted long enough for the teacher to, incredibly quickly, right himself and get ready to come at them again. But before he could...

"The hell you doing back here?" Valerie shouted at Crimson as he made his appearance.

When she heard that one of her classmates had gotten injured she cursed herself. Had she been more careful she could have prevented anyone from following Crimson. Prevented them from facing him and getting hurt.

She knew she had to let Spring Lock go then no matter what. She could only hope that Silver had kept going and would be out of range of the teacher.

Misu seemed to be winding down and Valerie realized she had to as well. As much as she wanted to follow to make sure everything was alright she couldn't risk getting more worked up.

As it was she was having trouble. The fire was blazing up around her and it was all she could do to keep it from spreading out. Breathing in and out slowly she dropped to her knees, trying to relax her body. After some time the fire dyed down, though the heat coming off of the girl was still uncomfortable for those around her, and it was at that point Spring Lock came back and told them to get to the bus.

With the job done she saw no reason to refuse and made her way silently back.

---

"Yo...you think you did the right thing today?"

That was the question of the hour wasn't it? Valerie leaned her head back and stared up at the roof of the bus. She still felt Silver was nothing but a victim in all this. But fighting a pro. Helping someone who ended up hurting a student...It didn't look good.

"I did what I had to do." Valerie said simply. "There really wasn't another option. Not one that would feel any better." She thought again to what Crimson had said, about the student being hurt, and clenched her fist. "I just wish I had done more." She hesitated. She hadn't really meant to say that out loud. What kind of hero could she be if she seemed so downtrodden. Sitting up straight she hit the seat in front of her with her fist. "Even if the school kicks me out it won't stop me. I'm going to be the world's greatest hero. And you know what?" She said, looking back at Misu. "I already saved one person who needed saving. If anything today just brought me closer to that goal."

"Yo, Taro, how are ya holding up?"

"<Huh...?>" Diana muttered as her eyes opened slowly, unsure of where she was and what she was doing. Last thing she remembered was confronting Crimson and... Ah!

Diana sat up with a start, letting out a small yelp as her left leg throbbed from the sudden movement. She lifted the covers up to find her leg covered in bandages, with red soaked all the way through around the center of her calf. Frowning, the girl pulled her legs up slowly, laying her head on her knees. She had failed. The fact she was here meant as much. And what if Katsurou had told the others that she had considered aiding Crimson and Silver? She could be expelled. In every way, Diana saw this as the worst case scenario.

Worse still, it seemed like the doctors had pulled her hair back at some point, so her eye was on display. At least that was all they did. Looking up, she realized that the voice she heard came from Herc, with Taro laying in the bed next to him. Hoping they hadn't seen her eye, but unsure if they had, she let her hair down and adjusted it, leaving only her violet left eye visible.

"Guess things didn't go so hot for <y'all> either, eh?"

“For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.”

Katsurou had just finished another recitation as he waited for help to arrive, hoping that his prayer would distract him from the dire situation and the growing headache he was getting. Maintaining a tourniquet was easy when he was practicing, but being the only one keeping someone away from death apparently put a greater strain on his abilities.

Then, a mechanical snapping sound broke the silence of the desperate moment, echoing through the forest before fading. Stopping for a moment, he waited with bated breath hoping that help had arrived. A moment later, Spring Lock came diving through the canopy, landing nearby.

“Sensei!” was all Katsurou could manage while keeping his focus on keeping Diana stable. He breathed a tentative sigh of relief as Spring Lock stepped in to help with the wound compression.

"Good thinking."

“Thank you sensei, but I fear that it might not be enough for her to make it to the hospital!”

"Get on...we're going to need you to keep this tourniquet up, or she'll bleed out.  There's not much time."

Katsurou obliged, placing his arms around Spring Lock’s neck and gripping his hands tightly together. As he did, he noticed that Spring Lock’s muscles were tensed and unnaturally hard and dense, almost as if he were carved out of marble.

"Hold on tight."

In an instant, the three launched through the trees, soaring over the canopy in a great wide arc. If he did not know better, Katsurou would have thought his teacher’s quirk was one of flight rather than of strength. As they started to plummet back to the earth, he could not hold in a yelp as he tightly closed his eyes. However, the impact never came as Spring Lock landed softly, apparently absorbing the force of the fall, before launching back over the treeline. One of the landings had a pause, but Katsurou did not notice, entirely focused on holding his grip with his eyes clenched shut.

---

Katsurou sat slumped in an uncomfortable chair in the waiting room, mentally exhausted. The strain of maintaining the tourniquet for the trip had manifested as a migraine, causing his head to throb and his vision to go blurry with every heartbeat. Luckily, his first aid was enough to buy enough time for Diana to receive emergency care. According to the doctor, with some surgery, Diana would be fine.

However, as the joy and relief slowly wore away as the adrenaline faded, they gave way to the dread realization that his had completely failed their mission and attacked their teacher. If anything warranted expulsion from the Academy, it would be unabashed vigilantism. He had failed his uncle. He had failed himself. Most of all, he had thrown away the second chance given to him by God. Perhaps the pastor was right, he was damned.

Just as he was giving into despair, he heard Spring Lock walk up to him. Looking up, Katsurou grimaced, bracing for the announcement that he and his fellow classmates would be leaving the academy for good. However, the true message was something completely different.

"You did well today. You all did well."  

Completely stunned, Katsurou was silent for a minute, staring at his teacher’s turned back. When the message had fully sunk in, he replied.

“...We...We did…? We attacked you and let Silver-san escape...I...I don’t understand.”

mVvsZap.png?1

As both Hibiki and Yuuka bluffed at the villain, she became slightly giddy to see that it had managed to that they had at least distracted the Gypsy woman. As they had finally been bested by their teacher, Yuuka seemed nothing short of thrilled. Even as their teacher had somewhat chastised them for their overall performance on the matter, it still didn't lower Yuuka's spirits any. Though this wasn't the first instance she had seen something like this in person, it was definitely the first time she had been a part of it herself, and  as well the closest she had ever been in watching both parties fight against each other. As such, her mind was whirring with all different thoughts and ideas on what her classmates were capable of, about where they were lacking and about what they had actually done. Of course, seeing her teacher in action as well, had made the young girl realize  that she had probably needed to get in better shape if she were going to keep up such activities. The possibility of chronic back pains also was a motivator to do so as well. 

With both Herc and Taro being carted off to the hospital, both of them seeming to suffer great injuries for their heroics they displayed, the rest of them were taken out to have ice cream. Yuuka, paying no mind to the stares that they were receiving, simply ordered a small cup of rum raisin ice cream, as she stood around with the others. As their teacher asked about their thoughts on the day, Yuuka smiled at her classmate's answer. "I admire your zeal Himura-san. As for me," the girl took a spoonful of her ice cream, eating it before looking back to her teacher. "Well, I must say, it was certainly a far more exhilarating experience then I was expecting today. And painful for that matter." Nodding to herself she then said, "but I still had fun working together with my fellow classmates, and it certainly was a joy to see the criminals put away. And I look forward to many more experiences of the matter." 

Looking to everyone she said, "as such, I shall remain in all of your care and I must applaud everyone's work today. Good job UA. Yay," giving a small cheer at the end, pumping her cup lightly into the air she then looked to Hibiki. With genuine curiosity on her face she asked,  "oh right, Himura-san. Do you think you can actually turn people into vampires?" 

PysLiPD.png?1

By the time Suda had made it to Diana it was to late. He found her lying on the ground, bleeding greatly from her leg. He barely recognized Katsurou's presence as he made his way towards the girl. He was too slow, too cautious trying not to get spotted. Even this punk managed to slip by before he did. "No..." Suda muttered to himself, eyes locked onto the covered wound. "No no no no..." Despair washed over him as he reeled back from the scene. He should be going out and finding Crimson to teach that bastard a lesson, or maybe he should have been looking for help. And yet, instead, he ran. His heart was racing as he bolted through the forest again, the image of Diana laying in her own blood still fresh in his mind. He didn't hesitate to use his orbs to propel himself forwards; he had to get away from it all. He made his way towards the bus, tears rolling down his face. He had failed everyone.

When he did find his way back towards the bus, a bunch of them were already there. She wasn't.  "Hey!" He shouted to the group, an almost manic expression washed over his face. He broke into a sprint as he caught up to the others. "W-Where is... did Diana...?" For once he found it hard to speak, dreading to hear what he expected to hear.

Edited by REP

It wasn’t long before the thugs were finally taken down as the authorities and ambulances came. Taro didn’t see what happened to his classmates as he was taken into an ambulance to the hospital. It turns out that he broke 5 bones; 2 ribs, his entire left arm in 2 places and his pinky, along with some asphalt burns in a few places. Taking no time, they put Taro under as they neared the hospital.

A few moments later, he woke up in a hospital room with his arm in a sling, a weird torso cast on his body, and a tourniquet on his pinky. Letting out a sigh, Taro laid in his bed as he thought about his first accident as this was just not as bad, at least this wasn’t affecting him as much from when he was little. In fact, there was very little pain from what he was experiencing at the fight. There must be someone here with a quirk to help with people in serious conditions, glad to know that someone like that exists here; unless that was just the numbness talking. His train of thought was broken as a yelp sounded from across the room to see. . . Diana? This was unexpected, but from his left, Herc appeared in the room with bandages around his arms. I guess the strong bug man can’t handle everything with brute force I guess, at least he was concerned with Taro’s wellbeing.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t see you guys here. . . No, I’m doing fine, I was just thinking about. . . life, I guess. I feel like we were set up to fail in some way, you know? No matter how hard we tried to not get hurt, we end up with broken bones.  But yeah, Diana, we had a run-in with ‘low-level thugs’ and I at least ended up hurt. However, I didn’t expect Herc to be here honestly. So, what happened with your group Diana? It must’ve been just as bad I’m assuming. Is it just you? Or are others here?”

whIkgqw.png

"...I honestly think we did." 

"Eh?!"  Misu turned her head to see that it wasn't Valerie who answered the question, but Yuudai.

"...Truth be told, the last time I saw Silver...he was attacked by that Napalm kid during the Entrance Exam. I wanted to help him then, hell, I was planning to help him then, but that attack left him scarred and he wondered if what the kid's thought of a hero was...if that was the same thing I had." Yuudai sighed like a wimp.  "Today was the first time I've seen him since then...I...I just wanted to help him, just like I was trying to that day. I wanted to show him...that my thought of a hero...wasn't like that kid's."

"Oh yeah?"  Misu asked, rolling her eyes.  

"I did what I had to do." Valerie replied.  Misu turned her attention towards her. "There really wasn't another option. Not one that would feel any better.I just wish I had done more.Even if the school kicks me out it won't stop me. I'm going to be the world's greatest hero. And you know what?" She said, looking back at Misu. "I already saved one person who needed saving. If anything today just brought me closer to that goal."

Misu stared at the girl with a bored expression for quite an awkward length of time, before clacking her teeth together.

"Tch.  World's greatest hero, huh?  Sounds like a chore to me.  Pass!"  Misu pumped her fist into the air, banging against the top of the bus.  "I just like to fight."  She then scratched her cheek.  "But I don't think I've ever fought on behalf of somethin', myself.  I've just always kinda fought cause I thought it was fun."  Her finger worked its way up to her hair, as she twiddled it around, curling her locks around it.  "I think I'm startin' to get it..."  She then launched both arms into the air.  "But wasn't Spring Lock super strong!?  No one's ever punched me that hard before!  It was awesome!"  

"Hey!" Just then, Suda entered the bus with the others.  His face really pissed her off. "W-Where is... did Diana...?"

"Hell if I know...Spring Lock and what'shisface left with her.  He's probably on his way to the hospital, if I had to guess."  Misu then started to make her way towards Suda, rolling up her sleeves.  "And now that he's here, we can give you an ass whoopin' for goin' against the grain!"  

“...We...We did…? We attacked you and let Silver-san escape...I...I don’t understand.”

"My mission was to capture anything strange in that forest...but none of you are Government licensed heroes yet.  You assessed the situation, and held to your beliefs."  He turned his head to Katsurou.  "Even if that meant disobeying an authoritative figure.  One as strong as myself, for that matter."  He sighed.  "It's the most heroic thing I've seen in a long time...True Heroism.  We need those kinds of ideals in this industry...but don't get the wrong idea now!  You're all still zygotes!  In a real fight, you wouldn't have stood a chance against me!"  

After some time had passed, the two were notified that Diana had made it through, despite the severity of her injuries.  

"That's a relief..."  Spring Lock stated.  "I can't have a student dying on me on their first field trip, now can I?"  He laughed to himself.  "So...what did you think of Scarlet Skeleto-...I mean Crimson?"  His tone seemed curious.  "Did he seem like a good person?"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Not happening!" Ms. Hitotsume looked to the girl with a sly smile.

"Oh?  Is that so?"

"It wasn't easy getting the okay to come up here, so I'm not wasting it by giving up. I'm going to start training my Quirk like crazy to catch up to everyone else, too!"

"Your tenacity is admirable...seeing as how small and weak you are."  She scooped a spoonful of her Cookies and Cream flavored ice cream, and continued while it melted in her mouth.  "Although, that voice of yours sure is nifty...I'm sure you'll be top of the class in no time!  If you're diligent in your training, that is."  

"I admire your zeal Himura-san. As for me, well, I must say, it was certainly a far more exhilarating experience then I was expecting today. And painful for that matter." The girl nodded to herself and then said, "but I still had fun working together with my fellow classmates, and it certainly was a joy to see the criminals put away. And I look forward to many more experiences of the matter."  Looking to everyone she said, "as such, I shall remain in all of your care and I must applaud everyone's work today. Good job UA. Yay," giving a small cheer at the end, pumping her cup lightly into the air she then looked to Hibiki.

"Such enthusiasm for such a one note Quirk!  But maybe it'll develop and evolve into something way more impressive!"  She munched on her spoon, with a wide grin.  "Or, it'll just continue being super lame!"  She laughed, waving her hand in the air.  "I'm kidding!  I'm kidding!"  Looking over to Itsuki, she frowned.  "What's wrong with you over there, Shield boy?"  Two eyes started to make their way across each of her arms, sneaking into her palms.  She stuck them out at him, as they stared directly at his face.  "Feeling un-eye-sy?!"   

"Oh right, Himura-san. Do you think you can actually turn people into vampires?" 

"Oh!  That's a really good question!"  Ms. Hitotsume exclaimed, as the eyes traveled back to where they were unseen.  "Spill the beans, Hibiki!"  

"Tch.  World's greatest hero, huh?  Sounds like a chore to me.  Pass!"

Valerie supposed she shouldn't be surprised. This kind of thing was another reason she knew she had to try so hard. If she could get stronger than people like this then she can become someone others can look up to. And through that she can make this world that much better of a place. It was the least she could do to make up for her mistakes.

"But wasn't Spring Lock super strong!?  No one's ever punched me that hard before!  It was awesome!"  

"I bet I coulda taken him if I had a bit more time." Valerie said. "Guess it does give us a benchmark though, know what I mean? I gotta be at least that strong before I can really start reaching my goal. Just means I have to train extra hard."

Truth was that a single hit from him had nearly taken her out of the fight. She needed to get tougher. Had she fought a villain with the same level of power he wouldn't have run off and he wouldn't have cared about damaging the forest. It left a bitter taste in her mouth but she knew that if it came down to it and they kept fighting like that she would have caused some serious damage. If she didn't get a handle on this Quirk soon...

"W-Where is... did Diana...?"

Valerie looked out the window quickly, not wanting the hint of guilt to show on her face, before looking back at Suda. He seemed completely unharmed and it didn't look like he even exerted himself much at all. Something about all that served to tick her off.

Though she didn't get up and threaten him like Misu. However she did feel an urge to call him out on something. "Hey, where'd you even go? I figured you'd try and fight me since you were so adamant about not letting us protect Silver. How'd Diana get hurt anyway?"

Itsuki

Upon completion of the fight, Hitotsume feigned praise for the students before chastising them of their poor performance on their very first ever outing and battle. Once the authorities had shown up to clean up their mess, the students had retreated to a nearby ice cream shop for a little bit of a cooldown. Itsuki had ordered a double-scoop chocolate and was tucked well into his ice cream when the teacher spoke to the other students

"So...what do you think of hero-ing?!"  The teacher asked them, with curiosity drilled into her expression.  "Totally wanna give up, don't ya?"

Itsuki rolled his eyes at this provocation.

"Not happening!" Hibiki answered. "It wasn't easy getting the okay to come up here, so I'm not wasting it by giving up. I'm going to start training my Quirk like crazy to catch up to everyone else, too!"

"I admire your zeal Himura-san. As for me," Yuuka said. "Well, I must say, it was certainly a far more exhilarating experience then I was expecting today. And painful for that matter." Nodding to herself she then said, "but I still had fun working together with my fellow classmates, and it certainly was a joy to see the criminals put away. And I look forward to many more experiences of the matter."

uch enthusiasm for such a one note Quirk!  But maybe it'll develop and evolve into something way more impressive!"  Hitotsume said.  "Or, it'll just continue being super lame!"  She laughed, waving her hand in the air.  "I'm kidding!  I'm kidding!"  Looking over to Itsuki, she frowned.  "What's wrong with you over there, Shield boy?"  Two eyes started to make their way across each of her arms, sneaking into her palms.  She stuck them out at him, as they stared directly at his face. Itsuki almost glared down at the eyes. "Feeling un-eye-sy?!"

Itsuki swallowed a mouthful of ice cream and lowered the cone from his mouth, chocolate stains scattered around his lips. "Impromptu teamwork ain't my thing, 'kay? But don't think I'm just gonna drop out just 'cause we made some bad moves out there," Itsuki said, returning to his ice-cream and muttering under his breath. "Anything's better than bein' kicked out by ma. Don't have to many couches I can hop between."

ohSLUWk.png

"Guess things didn't go so hot for <y'all> either, eh?"

Oh, hey, looks like Diana was here to. Guess they weren't the only ones that messed up. Diana was quickly trying to cover an eye, although for what reason escaped him. There was something there, but it was covered up too quickly. Before he could question it, however, Taro began talking.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t see you guys here. . . No, I’m doing fine, I was just thinking about. . . life, I guess. I feel like we were set up to fail in some way, you know? No matter how hard we tried to not get hurt, we end up with broken bones.  But yeah, Diana, we had a run-in with ‘low-level thugs’ and I at least ended up hurt. However, I didn’t expect Herc to be here honestly. So, what happened with your group Diana? It must’ve been just as bad I’m assuming. Is it just you? Or are others here?”

"Yeah, you could say it didn't go so hot," Herc added. "I basically misunderstood how a villain's quirk worked and juiced his quirk to the max, and he went nuclear on us," He sighed as he put his hands hind his head. "I did the number one rookie mistake of the business: I was too cocky, and Taro paid the price," He clicked his tongue. "I gotta say, pain really sucks," He looked over to Diana. "So, what happened to you? Got anything to do with all...," he made a motion like he was trying to brush nonexistent hair over the same eye Diana was hiding. "that?"

ksARFRH.png

"Impromptu teamwork ain't my thing, 'kay? But don't think I'm just gonna drop out just 'cause we made some bad moves out there. Anything's better than bein' kicked out by ma. Don't have to many couches I can hop between."

Kicked out? Hopping between couches? Itsuki's home situation sounded complicated. And not very nice. Was it okay to talk to him about it? ...maybe not in a public place like an ice cream shop. Even if she wanted to ask him about it, a more pressing question came from both Yuuka and Ms. Hitotsume.

"Oh right, Himura-san. Do you think you can actually turn people into vampires?" 

"Oh! That's a really good question! Spill the beans, Hibiki!" 

"Eh?" Were they for real? The look on their faces suggested so. Did they really think she could do that? Nobody had ever asked her about vampires before, come to think of it. Just the notion was... "Pfff... PFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course not!" Barely able to contain her laughter, Hibiki continued "Everybody knows vampires aren't real!" Hibiki had heard some pretty crazy questions before about her Quirk, but this was a new winner for her. Just because she had trouble seeing so well with the sun out and had some bat qualities didn't make her a vampire, let alone capable of turning other people into vampires.

"...right?"

“But yeah, Diana, we had a run-in with ‘low-level thugs’ and I at least ended up hurt. However, I didn’t expect Herc to be here honestly. So, what happened with your group Diana? It must’ve been just as bad I’m assuming. Is it just you? Or are others here?”

"Yeah, you could say it didn't go so hot. I basically misunderstood how a villain's quirk worked and juiced his quirk to the max, and he went nuclear on us, I did the number one rookie mistake of the business: I was too cocky, and Taro paid the price. I gotta say, pain really sucks. So, what happened to you? Got anything to do with all... that?

"No, it has nothing to do with... all this," Diana sighed, knowing that Herc had seen. At least Taro hadn't. "We were chasing down an escaped creature, and some guy got in the way. Crimson or Scarlet Skull or something. I tried to attack him, and, well..."

Diana pulled the covers down and showed her left leg to the duo, the bloody bandage around it apparent. Covering it up again and laying back in the bed, Diana puffed her cheeks out before continuing.

"His spikes got me. I got one good hit in, and then I passed out from blood loss. <Some hero I am...> Maybe I just got cocky, too... But what happened to you, exactly? You look a lot more... <naked> than usual, Herc."

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka's smile didn't seem to break as her teacher made note of her quirk. It was, after all, nothing that she hadn't already known about herself. It was neither flashy nor was it entirely one suited for a hero. It didn't do much on its own and she had doubt it really made an impression, to either the villains or her fellow classmates. And while she understood the basics of her quirk, the young girl hardly thought it was anything that would ever not be lame. As such, having already come to this conclusion herself, her teacher's comment didn't seem to bother her in the slightest. 

Instead, the girl was more focused on her classmates. She was glad to see that both of the ones with her wished to keep going - though Itsuki would need to work on his willingness to do teamwork. Then, her attention was also mostly focused on Hibiki's answer to her question. The girl was a bit disappointed to hear that she couldn't actually make people into vampires, as unhero like as that  might've been. However, as the girl seemed to make her comment at the end Yuuka's smile brightened up again as she started thinking aloud. "Well, in recorded history, vampires have only ever been the subject of pure fiction, historical or otherwise. But, that could have easily changed with quirks. After all, there's still so much we don't know about them that who knows what could be possible? I'm sure that, even if you might not be able to turn people into vampires now, there's no telling if it's just laying dormant in you, ready to come out and transform you into a true creature of the night!" As Yuuka exclaimed this, she then back tracked and said, "of course that says very villainous, but I'm sure you could spin it to be some kind of anti-hero. Maybe with your bright demeanor you could even be just a regular hero, that happens to be part vampire. That doesn't happen very often but I'm sure if you worked at you could work with that kind of a spin." 

After gushing out at the bat girl, she then seemed to have another thought cross her mind. Looking over to their teacher she said, "oh, what about you Sensei? Was your quirk always like the way it is now?"

"My mission was to capture anything strange in that forest...but none of you are Government licensed heroes yet.  You assessed the situation, and held to your beliefs. Even if that meant disobeying an authoritative figure.  One as strong as myself, for that matter. It's the most heroic thing I've seen in a long time...True heroism.  We need those kinds of ideals in this industry..."

Katsurou’s confusion gave way to great relief. God is great, and so was Spring Lock. He could not help but let out a relieved laugh as a big smile came across his face despite the growing migraine.

“Thank you sensei! I-“

“-but don't get the wrong idea now!  You're all still zygotes!  In a real fight, you wouldn't have stood a chance against me!"

Katsurou knew that much was true. If Spring Lock was not outnumbered four-to-one, there would have been no way for Katsurou to escape. After all, he had a very close look at Spring Lock’s power. He knew that his powers over aluminum were a far cry from the massive strength of his teacher.

“Of course sensei! I will not waste this second chance!” he responded, bowing deeply to his teacher.

---

Sitting in the busy waiting room of the ER was quickly becoming unbearable to Katsurou. One of the nurses had kindly offered Katsurou an aspirin, which he gladly accepted, but his migraine was seemingly not improving. The bright lights started to feel a little too bright and the chatter of the staff seemed amplified. Minutes felt like hours, and time became a blurred mess. Despite this, Katsurou kept a stiff upper lip, muttering prayers for Diana’s recovery to keep his mind off of the pain.

"That's a relief...I can't have a student dying on me on their first field trip, now can I?"

The good news of Diana’s recovery perked Katsurou up a bit.

“Thank goodness! I was worried that Seigi-san’s injury would be too severe!”

After the attending nurse returned to her duties, Spring Lock turned to Katsurou.

"So...what did you think of Scarlet Skeleto-...I mean Crimson? Did he seem like a good person?"

Katsurou had to pause to think about his response, but did not have to think long.

“Sensei, Crimson-san has a very powerful Quirk,” he responded, looking to the ground, “I was only barely able to escape injury myself, and I was not who he was fighting. If he wished, he could have killed both of us. I can see why you were very concerned about him.”

Katsurou then raised his head to Spring Lock with a firm expression.

“However, I think he is a good person. He did wish to help Silver-san escape his captors and worked with us to help him. When he did hurt Seigi-san, he only did it to protect himself and he went to get help right after. I just pray that whoever he is working for has his best interests at heart."

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda let out a sigh of relief as Misu told him that Spring Lock had taken Diana to a hospital. His relief was short lived as she threatened him for going against the grain. The only thing Suda felt was rage. "Me going against the grain!? YOU'RE ONE OF THE IDIOTS THAT WAS FIGHTING THE TEACHER!" Suda clenched his fist, glaring directly at the girl's eyes. "Because for some reason, you all thought it was a good idea to listen to some random guy in the forest!" Suda shouted, stepping towards Misu. "For some reason, that dumb little brain of yours couldn't fathom the idea that, maybe, he might have been tricking you. But noooo! Let's not listen to our Professional Hero teacher! Why would we trust him at all! That would be silly! Red Guy is waaaaay more trustworthy!" He hissed, before turning to Val.

His eyes started to tear up a bit as he remembered how he found Diana. Still, he continued. "I can't exclude other people from being affected by my orbs - I would have only gotten in Springlock's way. As for who hurt Diana, considering that she was trying to stop Red Guy from stopping our mission, and the fact that I found her in... in a pool of her own... blood..." He shuddered, stopping as he backed away from Misu and the others. His anger quickly came rushing back to him. "I'd imagine that maybe, and here me out on this one, just maybe, Red Guy stabbed her. But what do I know? I'm just the only person in this bus with a working brain cell!"

He turned back towards the group as a whole, stepping back a bit. "I just want to know - dying to know - what exactly crossed your minds when you trusted that bastard!? Because if you lot are the heroes of tomorrow, we're all screwed!" He seethed angrily, glaring at the group like he was staring at walking garbage.

Edited by REP

c8vVeoJ.png

"Hey! W-Where is... did Diana...?"

"Hell if I know...Spring Lock and what'shisface left with her.  He's probably on his way to the hospital, if I had to guess. And now that he's here, we can give you an ass whoopin' for goin' against the grain!"

Yuudai looked and immediately saw that Suda had made his way onto the bus, already being harassed by Misu. His eyes lingered on the ivory haired youth for a moment, before slowly dragging away from his sight. Honestly this guy was the last person he wanted to get involved with. But of course...he definitely made himself known about how much THEY screwed up.

"Me going against the grain!? YOU'RE ONE OF THE IDIOTS THAT WAS FIGHTING THE TEACHER! Because for some reason, you all thought it was a good idea to listen to some random guy in the forest! For some reason, that dumb little brain of yours couldn't fathom the idea that, maybe, he might have been tricking you. But noooo! Let's not listen to our Professional Hero teacher! Why would we trust him at all! That would be silly! Red Guy is waaaaay more trustworthy!"

He could feel his fists clenching slowly, it was trembling already as he did his best to ignore Suda's rant...unfortunately...it wasn't going too well. ...Shiba...don't do anything stupid...please. he thought, trying to keep himself in line at this point.

"I can't exclude other people from being affected by my orbs - I would have only gotten in Spring Lock's way. As for who hurt Diana, considering that she was trying to stop Red Guy from stopping our mission, and the fact that I found her in... in a pool of her own... blood...I'd imagine that maybe, and here me out on this one, just maybe, Red Guy stabbed her. But what do I know? I'm just the only person in this bus with a working brain cell!"

The guy kept going...and he felt his fist clenching tighter now. Yuudai bit his tongue, slowly breathing right now. It was clear now...that this kid here was just one insult away fro-

"I just want to know - dying to know - what exactly crossed your minds when you trusted that bastard!? Because if you lot are the heroes of tomorrow, we're all screwed!"

Yuudai, after hearing everything that Suda said, finally stood up. He began to move past the others and approached Suda...before giving the ivory haired young man a firm punch to the face. He didn't use his Quirk...he pulled his punch...but it was enough. Yuudai looked at Suda with a stern look, his eyes narrowing at him, almost glaring daggers. "...don't...you DARE insult us like that. We did...what we thought was right and you shouldn't be criticizing us for doing that." he spoke, his fist still clenched and shaking visibly. "...between all of us, Misu only wanted an excuse to fight Spring Lock, since that's how she is. ...no offense, Misu."

He exhaled slowly, his fist slowly opening up. "I made a gut decision...something about the whole situation sucks, I know it, but I still made a choice I thought was right. Whether or not it was, that's on me. But I will be DAMNED if you insult me or anyone else in such a manner, especially when I did what I did to help a friend out." Yuudai turned around, making his way back towards his seat, mentally kicking himself for letting his temper flare up like that. But he needed to get that out of his system...otherwise he'd end up taking it out on the wrong person.

...great job Shiba...that'll help smooth everything out...idiot...

Edited by Chaos Sonic