Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

character1.png

"How about I just take that as a compliment and let's move on. Get your head in the game, Headphones, things are really gonna heat up from here on."

Despite how embarrassed Lesnar was for the misunderstood slip of words, the way Valerie acted was not expected. He figured she'd give him a weird look; call him a creep and whatnot. To his surprise, she just went with it. Hell, she even... encouraged him to follow her. Or perhaps she just meant in terms of progressing through the exam. Either way, Lesnar felt the sting of anxiety drain slightly as she walked up to the stage, where the next announcement was stated:

"Before you head into the exam, please come up to me and state your name. At that time, I will mark you off the Attendance List and hand you a starting badge. These badges will count towards your 5 total badges and also clue you in as to what you're looking for specifically. After that, you will be allowed into the practical one at a time. This process will be volunteer based, so the first ones to volunteer will be the most likely to find badges in the exam. Those who wait last will most likely have to ambush others for theirs... or must have a sharp eye."

It was only a matter of time before the event started, and Lesnar felt like it couldn’t come sooner. With every fiber of his being flushed and tense from what he expected of being around people - let alone with the kind of embarrassment he brought upon himself, the last thing he was expecting was a public speech. He watched as every student went up and introduced themselves in front of the whole crowd of people rallied in the area, each expressing confidence like they were meant to be heroes.

"I don't care about becoming a hero...I just like to fight.  If I get paid in the process, that's good enough for me.  Misu Yoshino."

"hello everyone, my name is Itou Yuuka. I look forward to working alongside all of you."

“Oh! My name is Taro Den- I mean Tenkara! Taro Tenkara!”

"<My name is Diana Seigi! Yo-ro-shee-coo!>"

"I'm Himura Hibiki! Pleased to meet all of you!"

"The name's Suda Hiroharu! And yes, I do autographs."

"Kessandra Branwen; Now let me the hell in."

"Yo, Itsuki Watanabe. I'll take my badge, thanks."

...and finally, Valerie:

"My name is Valerie Clark. And I'm going to be the number one hero!"

Valerie Clark. What a name.

At this point Lesnar felt the anxiety return to him like a lightning bolt. He could feel the warm, flush feeling on his face turn cold and presumably pale as his periferal vision blurred with his focus on those making their announcements. At some point Lesnar would have to be up there, announcing to this world that he is here. 

Lesnar Claypool, a transfer student from the projects of America, is here.

The thought seemed to have calmed him a little, giving him enough confidence to just walk up and get it over with. He might as well, given that waiting until the last minute would only garner more fear over time, leaving him to hold it all when the time came. Not this time. He let a smirk slip across his bleak expression which he tried to keep looking like his natural state of mind was calm and collected, not caring about the bad and only expecting good things. Positivity is key. Just stay positive. You can do this. You can do this!

The second he stood on stage, he froze. The whole world around him went dark. Time and space warped and twisted as the eyes of every onlooking student in front of him glowed a sinister red, each piercing his soul and burning it from the inside. He could feel himself literally solidify as if he met the gaze of Medusa, and as if the carver of his stone body slipped and pounded the chisel too hard, he felt himself crack and crumble, practically collapsing from weak knees.

This however only went on in his imagination, as he merely stood there motionless, looking down at the ground. He could sense everyone’s second-hand embarrassment ringing as the sounds of the previous mingling still rang through him, causing him to vibrate slightly.

...huh? Lesnar thought to himself as he realized he had literally just been standing there doing nothing, Shit, I’m already up here. Say something, dammit…

With a huff of forced spirit, he straightened, stretching out one of the creepiest, most broken grins in the known universe.

“M-m-my name is L-Lesnar!” his voice was cracking again, but it was too late to back down now, “I-I’m a transf-fer student from Ame-me-merica! I c-c-c-came here because… b-because I wanna be a-a-a hero!”

He wasn’t sure if the awkward silence afterwards was drowned out by tinnitus or just his internal ringing from how loud he was. Regardless, he simply submitted to being done with his moment, turning to accept his badge in the hunched posture of a defeated man. With a shock of realization at how heavy the badge was, he quickly snapped back to reality. Oof! There’s the gravity… he cussed in his head as he made his way to the entrance gate, positioning the badge where it was secure on his person.

There were already several people in the area, so Lesnar had a choice to make. Find them and fight… or avoid them and hide. Either way, he had made it this far. The forest or the city? The decision was obvious. It was as if all his practice in the city was for this moment. He put his headphones back on, playing the tune he felt best suited this moment (Separate Ways - Journey) and letting the sound build within him.

Now to figure out the terrain. The buildings were up ahead, and he saw that Valerie was headed this direction last he remembered seeing. Not to his surprise, there was already commotion there as he heard a crash nearby. Could it be her? What did it matter? His first goal was to scout the terrain and find a vantage point, however he also had to hide. He spotted a building nearby with broken windows, not seeing any traces on entry which signified it was safe. Pulling back one speaker, he kept a sharp eye out for anyone nearby as he approached and entered, seeing that the building was in fact a jewelry store.

"Alright..." he whispered to himself, sneaking behind one of the display cases, "...now to figure out what the hell t-"

"This is a robbery!" A voice shouted, apparently from inside the building. With one ear open, the sound cascaded through him. He grunted, as it was unexpected, however his unpreparedness was not spared as what looked to be a pair of turrets rose up to aim at him. He immediately ducked for cover as the sound of hard ammunition clanked off the cases and walls, clamoring his insides with wave after wave of energy. It was too much. He had to release.

"Ahhh, fuck this!" he shouted, extending his hand out to aim his palm towards the turrets. With a surge of willpower, the waves within him pumped through his arm and out of his hand, releasing a wave of force that blasted at the turrets, knocking them both out of their aim along with the rest of the cases in his way. At last he could relax, however he could still hear one more that seemed to be hidden. Tracing the sound, the music playing in his one ear surged through him once more as he extended his palm and blasted through to it, rendering the last turret useless.

"Welp..." he sighed, rubbing his temples as the residual sound left him with a lasting vibration, "...serves me right for trusting the silence..." He realized that he might have given away his position after making such a loud noise. He had to find a new place... someplace maybe with fewer walls. In the rubble, he noticed something shiny underneath, revealing it to be another badge.

"Nice." he said with a smirk, adding it to his collection. The weight of the badges was starting to get to him, as he wasn't exactly the strongest or fittest person, but it was manageable.

Lesnar Badge Count: 2

Edited by Thar
formatting

whIkgqw.png

Misu's climb to the top of the tree had almost ended, as the stuffed cat was merely inches away from her grasp.  The constant meowing coming from the doll was starting to irritate her.  Once she grabbed the medal, the stuffed cat might be sent hurtling.  That's when an insanely loud crashing sound burst through the forest.  Something impacted the trunk of the tree hard enough to shatter it into splinters, toppling the tree over, and Misu along with it.  

"PIPSQUEAK, EH?"

Misu recognized that voice.  It was ear-shattering, and annoying.  Misu was pissed.  But the anger had to wait, as she braced herself.  The tree smacked the ground with a loud thud.  If there was one good thing about any of this, it was that she didn't have to climb anymore.  Instead, she got up and walked over towards the doll.  She picked it up, along with the medal, and tried to separate the two.  However, after some extreme tugging, the two wouldn't pull apart.  Even though it looked like a doll, it was expertly stitched, and the substance that stuck the two together was some insane glue.  She sighed, throwing the cat doll over her shoulder, only to then turn around and meet the girl who had been so brazen to attack her.  The girl only stood there, putting her fists up.  Misu only stood there with one fist on her hip, with the constant meowing continuing over her shoulder.

Before she could get a word in, the bitch started flapping her yaps.  

"Well then, come at me... Or, actually. I have a better idea.  You seem like one of the few idiots in here who has their shit straight. I could just take your badges and leave you to look for more... But it'd be a shame to be the only one with their head in the right place at UA. All these idiots walking around yelling about JUSTICE!  None of them have what it takes... Let's make sure the ones who get in know what they signed up for. A hard, slogging son of a bitch of a journey to being a hero.  Whaddaya say, amazon? Waste your time fighting me? Or are you gonna help me keep the CHAFF out?"

Misu scoffed, looking at the girl with a piercingly pissed off glare.  

"Ya wanna get the shit out of your ears, pipsqueak!?"  She roared at the girl.  "I don't wanna be a hero, I don't care who becomes a hero,"  She raised a finger towards the girl emphasizing her point, "and I certainly don't wanna tag along with some tiny brat like you."  Misu then began to crack her knuckles, as her head tilted towards the side.  "You said to come at you right?  You seem pretty sure of yourself."  Steam started to rise from her body at a phenomenal rate.  It started to shroud the area with it's thick and hot presence.  Misu took a deep breath, only to have some of the water boil in her veins, and travel to her specialized muscle cells.  Her muscles bolstered themselves quite a bit, as she then took a deep breath out.  "But it ain't my style to take orders from other people.  If you wanna fight, then let's fight.  Stop yappin'."  Misu's face then changed to the same she had seen when she first laid eyes on her attacker.  

"But I'll warn you now so you don't start crying back to those proctors.  I'm gonna mess you up, I'm gonna take your badge, and then I'm gonna throw you back over the gate."  Fighting was definitely not in her best interest so soon.  It would be best to conserve water, and her stamina.  Was this chick really that suicidal to start a fight now?  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Itsuki Watanabe

Eventually, Itsuki's travels had him come upon the edge of the city area in the exam space. Right there was what looked like a large car accident, several cars piled up on top of each other with lights flashing, at least one horn blaring, and a steady stream of smoke curling out from the smashed hood of one and up towards the sky. Through one of the windows the familiar glint of a silver badge could be seen. The accident looked authentic, but considering the nature of the city area and the forest it couldn't be anything but staged.

"Oh I see," Itsuki muttered to himself. "The badges must be in places where a hero would be needed or some shit." Itsuki walked up to the wrecked pile, shards of broken glass crunching underneath his feet, and peered through the crushed window of one of the cars to get a better look. The badge was just out of arm's reach, he'd need to break the door off. "Well, guess it can't be helped." Itsuki stepped to the side and closed his eyes, taking a slow breath in through his nose and out through his mouth. Then, inside the car, a shimmering square of gray light materialized and began to move towards the door. As it reached and touched there was a sound of creaking metal and a low bass note like a metal drum being hit repeatedly. A droplet of sweat trickled down Itsuki's furrowed brow until there was a sharp squealing and a pop. The car's door went flying out, tumbling and skidding across the ground before it found itself lodged into a tree a few meters away.

Itsuki let out a sigh of relief and looked at where the door had gone. "Yeesh, that coulda hurt someone." Regardless, he shrugged and leaned into the open door of the car, grabbing the badge and slipping it into a pocket. Had he known he would be doing something like this today he would've worn cargo pants or something. But, it was a good start. The badge itself was easy to get and, to top it off, this was the perfect spot for attracting attention. All the noise he had just made was icing on the cake as well.

As if on queue, he could hear a distant sound not unlike that of something rebounding off of one of Itsuki's barriers, only a bit different. Almost nonchalantly, Itsuki made his way to the corner of the nearest building and lean against it, peering out and scanning the trees in the direction of the approaching noises. There, through the trees, he caught glimpses of some white kid, probably an american gaijin or somesuch, seemed to be a few of those in the crowd, with lavender hair, a really tacky-looking bright red coat, and goggles for some reason. In his wake he seemed to be conjuring glowing squares in mid air and propelling himself with them, straight towards the sight of the wreckage.

"Alright, show time," Itsuki said, and focused once more. Just as the purple-haired gaijin got close Itsuki conjured another barrier right close to the edge of his range, directly in the path of the american. There was a loud cry with the usual sound like a metal drum and a tumbling sound. Itsuki smirked and pushed himself off the building's wall and walked over to where the american was, lying face-first in the dirt with his behind sticking straight towards the sky. "Hey, hey gaijin, ya dead?" Itsuki walked up and poked the kid with his foot. He could see breathing so that was a plus, but he was out like a rock. Itsuki looked the kid over and found, tightly gripped in the kid's hand, one of the badges. Itsuki reached down and, prying the fingers loose, relinquished the badge and added it to his own collection. "Sorry kid, them's the breaks. Better luck next year."

By now he could really feel the weight of the badges pulling down at his pants, and after a few adjustments wished that he had worn a belt today. Still, three down and two to go. Itsuki conjured another barrier-board and hopped on, pushing off the buildings to propel himself to another location.

Badge Count: 3

3Zv19eY.png

Some people walking around... way less than I would have guessed. Maybe most of them went to the city part of the exam area? That would be nice.

Of course, there weren't no people besides Hibiki in the forest area. She could hear two girls off in the distance. It sounded like they were arguing about something? As much as she loved eavesdropping on them, she was promptly interrupted by another voice, right behind her.

"Hey, Hibiki was it? I overheard some of the other students are teaming up... how 'bout you and I group up too? I'm sure the two of us will get through this no problem!"

Hibiki jumped in surprise, so intent on listening to the far-off voices that she paid no attention to the ones closer to her. "Hyah! You startled me!" Her sunglasses fumbled around and nearly fell off her face, but she was able to keep them on. "Teaming up is a great idea! Let's do it! As a matter of fact, I was listening around for badges, and heard something over that way." With one hand, Hibiki pointed toward the source of the mystery sound she heard. Then she pointed her other hand in the direction she'd heard the other girls coming from, and continued "And over there, I heard those two dangerous-looking girls arguing about something. We should try to avoid them if we can help it, um..."

What was his name again? Hibiki had already gone into the testing area before he introduced himself, so she never got his name. "Sorry~ Who are you again? Let's walk and talk." Keeping her ears intently perked up for the conversation she'd suddenly been met with, Hibiki started leading the way toward the mystery sound she'd heard earlier.

From her perch atop the roof Valerie noticed someone take out another of the would-be-students, who looked like some kind of cosplayer, with a barrier of sorts. The girl frowned, not particularly liking the method, but realizing that if the boy hadn't been able to handle that he'd probably have not done well to begin with. He had a punch-able face anyway.

Shrugging she continued to look around. She didn't spot anything obvious but there was a slight noise that caught her attention. Turning down her music she focused more and then realized what the noise was.

A baby's cry.

Once she paid more attention she could tell it was nearby. Across the street, in fact. Scanning the windows she noticed that only one of them wasn't broken. Given the noise was muffled she figured that had to be where it was coming from.

She probably could get back down to street level and find a way from there. However if anyone else noticed the noises they could get to it first.

Plus this would be way more fun.

Stretching her limbs out the girl tried to figure out the distance between the buildings. Once she got a general idea she took off at a sprint and, putting a foot on the ledge of the roof, dove off of it and across towards the other one. She could have crashed into the window directly but that would result in a lot of broken glass near her exposed skin. So instead she aimed a bit to the side and hit the wall, holding onto the window sill, and laughed as the slight pain in her side throbbed. "Bit of a rough landing." She muttered.

Looking into the window she noticed what could only be described as a recreation of a baby's room. She noticed the crib in one corner and as far as she could tell that's where the noise was coming from. Part of the ceiling was caved in, near where she expected was the doorway, and the situation became clear.

She debated using her elbow to break the glass but thought better of it. Reaching into her bag she pulled out the metal badge and, aiming low, smashed it against the window. She then reached in and unlatched the lock and pulled the window open.

Crawling inside she moved towards where the baby, a small doll with a speaker in it, was located. There was a badge pinned to the doll's diaper and, when Valerie picked it up, she realized it would take some effort to rip it off. With a shrug she put the badge, crying baby and all, into her duffel bag. Which helped to muffle, but not silence, the noise.

Three down. Now, what was next?

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai kept moving, looking around the city zone to see if he could find another badge. Unfortunately, it seemed that this area he was at was pretty much picked clean. He didn't know how many students were in the city zone, but the fact that some already came this direction and picked this area clean of badges said a lot...

The young man had to stop for a moment to catch his breath, as he leaned up against a wall, exhaling sharply. He had been running quite a bit just to try and find another badge, plus trying to make sure he didn't end up over doing it with his Quirk. That was the one muscle that always got strained quickly, so trying to find a way to compensate for it in some areas was definitely both a chore and quite difficult. Nevertheless, Yuudai was determined to make it into this school and achieve his goal to be a hero.

Heh...can't quit now. Especially not with only two badges. he thought, moving himself off the wall and stretching a bit more. He shook his arms and legs some, trying to get as loose as he possibly could. Without another word, he started running again, before something glinting out of the corner of his eye got him to stop abruptly. "Whoa...hang on."

The glinting he saw came from down an alleyway, which was an obvious dead-end, but it seemed to be coming from a bunch of old worn down junk. This definitely screamed badge to Yuudai...so naturally, he made his way down the alley and towards the junk. Badge number three, here I come! he thought with a chuckle. Arriving where the dead-end was, he started moving the junk and debris out of the way...only to see what seemed to be a hatch. It was weird for him to see a hatch in the city like this...and in an alleyway. Then again, it was U.A.'s training facility, so maybe this was some sort of secret area for the students to get a head?

Clever...very clever. That's a smart idea...so let's see if we can get ahead. Yuudai smirked, opening the hatch and descending down the ladder into a dark area. He couldn't tell exactly what was down here, but as he stepped foot from the ladder...he saw something. From what it looked to him...it was some sort of lab. For what? He couldn't be 100% certain, but what caught his attention next was something stirring in the shadows, laying on the ground.

"Is someone there? ...do you need help?"

character1.png

With two badges on his person, Lesnar had no where else to go but out the same door he came in despite the hole he created in the wall towards the back end. Still, though, if he wasn't expecting much from this exercise, he was now, and the pieces fit together; the field was designed to reward heroes that resolve cases that need them. On that note, he kept his eye out for more badges. Of course they wouldn't be just laying out in the open, however that didn't stop him from hunting them like it was Easter.

"Ugh, that was way too loud..." he groaned as the noise from the earlier incident still rang within him. Had it not been him, it'd be like the ringing in people's ears after a live concert, but the feeling made his entire body vibrate like a gong. Despite how much he would want to go to a live concert, he feared that he might never be able to, though perhaps there would be a way through the technology that this school provides. His resolve lead to the conclusion that he only came here for that reason, but he knew he wasn't that selfish, just that the thought of it was funny to him.

He cautiously walked down the same road he was on before he entered the jewelry store, not needing to travel far to find the next objective. Around the corner past an intersection, he could hear a scream.

"Help! Someone save me! I'm trapped!"

Another recorded message, Lesnar thought, though the premise is obvious. We're supposed to save them. They're watching us. Testing us. Now's not the time to be technical.

He followed the sound, revealing a semi laid on its side with its trailer detached and blocking the road completely. From speculation, the trailer must've impacted the ground from detachment enough to compress from its own weight as the back door looked to be slightly cracked open to let some of the product leak out. Obviously the product wasn't real (or was it), but that wasn't important.

"Please, someone help me!"

Lesnar shook his head to snap out of the semantic-obsessed mindset that he always had. Without another thought he ran to the truck where the dummy was pinned from the waist down, begging him (or anyone) to save it. Lesnar wasn't thinking about the fact that he was trying to lift a fucking truck with his own strength alone before realizing... duh... he could do it another way. Letting go, he shook his hands of the grease, took his headphones off completely, and grabbed a dismembered piece of metal from the ground, striking the body of the truck to create a loud, sharp, metallic clanging sound. With his whole body reverberating with the ring, Lesnar slipped his entire palm underneath the truck facing upward, releasing the wave of metallic sound that flipped the truck up just enough for it to lie on its top end, leaving the dummy to be free of its constraints.

"Thank you..." it said, almost expectedly. Without another word, Lesnar saw a glint coming directly behind it. Of course, he thought, they was trapped under a truck and I lifted it. Naturally there'd be a badge under it where I can't reach without doing so. Grabbing the badge, he grunted at the extra weight that was burdening but not encumbering, moving on and listening for any more opportunities he could find.

Lesnar Badge Count: 3

Edited by Thar

As quickly as their interaction began, his introduction to the girl with silver hair was cut short by those running the exam - he didn't even get a chance to catch her name. After a particularly frightening girl made her introduction and went through the gate, Shoshiki's silver-haired teammate made her way up. "Hello everyone, my name is Itou Yuuka. I look forward to working alongside all of you." Well, at least he knew her name now.

The rest of the students went up one by one, until the entrance was nearly empty. Each time one of the entrants received their starting badge and left, Shoshiki willed himself to go up and take his, but each time someone with more presence leaped up before he got moving. Come on, Shoshiki. Move. You'll need to do it sooner or later, and every second you wait is going to make things more difficult! After a boy with weird treads on his arms introduced himself and took his badge, Shoshiki felt a pause long enough that he managed to take that first, most difficult step. Despite the fact that he was screaming internally, he made his way to the platform where the samurai and old man resided, holding out his hand for his badge as he muttered, "Shoshiki Kojin." Luckily, that introduction seemed to be enough for the samurai, who checked him off of the quickly-thinning list and dropped the badge into Shoshiki's hand.

Unfortunately, like many of the others, Shoshiki was not fully prepared for the weight the badge would bring with it. Unlike many of the others, however, Shoshiki's hand fell off at the wrist with the impact of the badge. Landing on the ground with a satisfying thud, his hand was only barely attached to the rest of his, with a few thin strands of his nervous tissue trailing down from his still-outstretched arm to the other half of his wrist down below. Unsure of exactly what to do in such a situation, Shoshiki simply stood there for a few seconds, staring into the now empty space his hand had occupied. Is this seriously happening right now? With a defeated sigh, Shoshiki directed thicker threads downward, weaving together as they bridged the gap to his hand. With an awkward yank, he rose his hand and the badge within its clutches back up to himself, his wrist stitching itself back together as if nothing had ever happened. Shoshiki spent a few more silent seconds standing in his place, before an expectant glance from the samurai woke him up to the situation he was in, and how valuable the time he was wasting really was. Taking a deep breath, Shoshiki nodded at the man whose chances of becoming his teacher felt far slimmer than they did an hour ago, before turning himself to face the gate.

Quirk Factor

With a slight grimace for what was to come, Shoshiki used his free hand to unzip his hoodie and tossed it aside, exposing his otherwise bare torso, covered in stitched in a pattern almost mimicking a zebra. He never liked how gruesome his quirk was, but luckily it came with plenty of perks. A set of stitches on the back of his right shoulder loosened and opened up, creating a space just large enough to fit the badge. Shoshiki carefully stowed his treasure within, before the opening was closed once again by the stitches, leaving a small but visible bulge where it lay beneath the surface. Now then. I think she headed into the city area, so that's where I'll go. Hopefully, she isn't the stealthy type. Threads from Shoshiki's elbows and wrists extended out of his body, before coiling themselves tightly around the lengths of his arms. Bending his arms at the elbows, he brought them to his sides, as he leaned forward and looked on into the city zone on the other side of the gate. Please don't miss. With a grunt of effort, Shoshiki extended both of his arms forward as fast as he could. Rather than stopping at the natural limit of their length, they went far forward, as he tightly grabbed onto bars on either side of the open gate. Retracting the threads back into his body once again, Shoshiki was propelled forward at a high speed, launching off of the ground and through the gate. Though he wasn't far above the ground, he managed to continue moving forward by swinging between light posts, fire escapes, and any other handhold he could find at the moment.

"Help!"

The plea caught Shoshiki off guard, and in his momentary confusion he missed a street light by a few inches, crashing down onto the ground and skidding forward a few feet, his limbs all pointed haphazardly. Still a confused mess of body parts, Shoshiki turned his head around to find the source of the cry for help, to see what seemed to be a mannequin on the side of the street, crouched down beside a sewer grate. "I dropped my keys! Help!" Many hoping to become heroes would be disappointed by such a mundane task, but Shoshiki was overjoyed. This is something he would be good at, and he didn't even need to fight anyone for it!

Pulling himself together both literally and metaphorically, Shoshiki approached the prop. It seemed the budget for this test wasn't the best, but he supposed it would work well enough. Peering down through the grate, he saw a glint of silver at the very bottom. Cracking his knuckles, Shoshiki used his quirk yet again, stretching out the lengths of his fingers as he slipped his hand through the grate. It was difficult for him to control his hand too precisely at this distance, but after a bit of frustration, he managed to grab hold of the keys and lift them up, only to find they were much heavier than expected. Once they had reached ground level, it became abundantly clear why, as one of the silver UA badges was attached to the keychain, only to pop off by some unseen mechanism as he set the keys beside the mannequin, for lack of interaction.

"I was lucky to hear that, given how fast I was going," Shoshiki mused to himself, as he placed the new badge in the shoulder opposite his first. "Guess I should stay on foot from hereon out." Breaking into a brisk jog, he noticed the girl from before, Yuuka, now accompanied by the blonde girl who arrived before him. He approached with caution, before the mystery girl spoke to him unexpectedly.

"You, too! Wanna form a team with me and her for this exam? I can carry as many badges as you need!"

Nervously looking to Yuuka for some form of reassurance, he scratched at the stitches on his neck, "I guess... But that means we will need to find even more of these badges to pass..." As he spoke, Shoshiki extended his arms slightly so that he could reach and pull his two badges from his back, showing them to the pair. "I don't think these little tasks everywhere will work for a group like us. If we are going to get all the badges we need in time, we need to find something big," he offered his pair of badges to the volunteer packmule, shrugging, "but I don't really know what that could be... Any ideas? Er, Yuuka?'

PysLiPD.png?1

The bat girl seemed startled, as she seemed to be going something. Maybe she had some sort of super hearing? "Teaming up is a great idea! Let's do it! As a matter of fact, I was listening around for badges, and heard something over that way." She confirmed his suspicions, and seemed to like the idea of teaming up. Good, this would make this all that much easier. She pointed to the other side, saying something about some dangerous girls. He was tempted to ask to go there, but decided against it - as much as he wanted to go there, this wasn't the time to socialize. Normally he would be down, but right now he was in a race with beetleman. Plus, Hibiki was already moving. "Sorry~ Who are you again? Let's walk and talk."

Did this girl already forget his name? He was a bit hurt by this, but he'd have to put his feelings aside for a second. "Suda Hiroharu, the one and only!" He said, glaring at the girl's wings. "And we don't need to walk ya know, I can fly too!" Then he let out a sigh. "Although I guess you can hear better if we walk..." He said, tossing his arms. This was a bit slow, but it made sense. He scanned the area to see if he could see any medals, but none seemed to appear. "Well, ya let me know if anything else comes up." He said, cracking his knuckles behind his head.

Fresh off of stuffing a baby doll into her bag Valerie was standing at the edge of the window, trying to figure out the best way down, when she heard someone calling out "Please, stop, I need those don't take them from me!"

The voice was coming from under the window, probably right next to the building she was standing inside, and when Valerie looked down she expected to see some sort of hologram or bot calling for help.

Instead she saw a flesh and blood human on the ground, being held down by some sort of tendrils, and another human, a snobbish looking boy, standing above them. As Valerie leaned closer she noticed the tendrils were in fact the boy's fingers. She also noticed a pair of badges in his other hand. "Ha, if you were able to get a second badge you should've been strong enough to keep em. This school isn't gonna let some weakling who can't defend himself in you idiot."

Valerie had heard enough. She knew her way down now.

Grabbing onto the edges of the window she jumped out and, letting out a whoop of excitement, crashed feet first onto the hunched over boy's back. The force sending him into the ground and sending Valerie into a roll onto the street.

Popping up she turned around in time to see the boy shakily get to his feet. "The hell's your problem?"

"My problem," she replied, "is that it looks like a villain got in her by mistake."

With that she ran towards the boy, ducking out of the way of the boy's fingers, and delivered a strong uppercut to his jaw. Causing him to drop to the ground unconcious.

She snorted in disappointment as she reached down and grabbed the two badges the boy had been holding, plus a third attached to his belt, and turned towards the one who had been attacked. She wasn't sure about taking one from another prospect but...keeping this guy out of the school seemed like a pretty heroic thing to do right now.

She tossed two of the badges towards the victim of the attack. "Next time hold onto em tighter okay? I expect to see you at the finish with five of these things."

With that she smiled, waved, and began to jog down the street. She had already found two near here and she assumed that one had found another nearby. Valerie doubted there would be many more to find here. She had to go deeper into the city if she wanted to get her last badge.

Katsurou quietly watched from the front of the crowd as some of his fellow students walked up to the stage, introducing themselves one by one with varying levels of enthusiasm. He was surprised by how many Americans had travelled across the Pacific to have a chance to attend the academy. Unfortunately, it appeared that the rumours of American impropriety held true, especially for Kessandra, who appeared determined to make as many enemies as possible.

Katsurou then noticed that he was quickly falling behind the pack, with more students stepping forward to enter every minute. He certainly did not want to be the last to enter, lest he need to resort to highway robbery to ensure his own admittance. After the nervous Lesnar left the stage, Katsurou stepped forward and onto the stage.

“Good day my fellow students. I am Yamauchi Katsurou. I am glad to have the opportunity to apply alongside all of you. I pray that all of us will be able to give our best effort!” he said with the warmest smile he could muster through his nerves.

Turning to the warrior, he put out his hand, bracing for the weight of the badge that threw his fellow students off balanced. Despite being prepared, the heft of the badge caught him off guard, causing him to readjust his grip on the heavy object before depositing it in his messenger bag. With a smile, he gave a quick bow to the proctor and walked off past the gates towards the urban area.

Once a good distance away from the gate, Katsurou took a closer look at the badge. It was shaped as the logo of the academy and was extraordinarily dense, more dense than most metal objects that Katsurou handled before. With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and focused his abilities into the badge. Cracking open his eyes just a crack to see the effects, he was disappointed to see it hovering mere centimeters above his hand, wobbling weakly before dropping back into his hand.

“This is going to be much more difficult than I hoped” he muttered to himself with a sigh as he turned towards the city area.

The city area was mostly in ruins, with crushed cars and piles of rubble where apartment buildings may have been. Walking along road, avoiding large craters, Katsurou couldn’t shake the feeling that he was being watched. Instinctively, he took out his aluminum orb and made it orbit around him, ready to intercept anything that might come his way.

Suddenly, a bloodcurdling scream broke the eerie silence of the ruins, almost making Katsurou jump out of his skin and fling the orb in its direction, crashing into a brick wall. He pulled back his orb, causing the wall to collapse into more rubble and revealing another fallen building behind with a crushed car underneath it. The scream once again echoed through the city, with its source being from the car.

Katsurou leapt into action, dashing towards the rubble and the ruined car. The interior of the ruined car was cast in deep shadow, hiding the victim within. Without hesitation, he slammed his hands on the car door, his face wearing an expression of unyielding determination. The car door slowly began to bend backwards away from the car until it fell off its hinges with a dull thud.

“Sir! Are you ok? You’ll be-”

Katsurou, prepared to bring an injured man to the attention of the proctors, was stunned to find a crash test dummy wearing a cheap suit with a speaker sticking out of its head. On its right hand was another badge superglued to its palm. Katsurou froze in shock before letting out a hearty laugh, slowly removing the dummy from the car.

The dummy was quite heavy, only coming out of the car after a few minutes of struggling and metal manipulation. Once free, Katsurou put the dummy in a fireman carry, grunting with each step. While his uncle taught him some of the basics on being a hero, putting it into practice was another matter. Katsurou starting cursing his decision not to wear athletic clothing as his black dress shirt attracted the growing heat of the sun. Taking shelter of a nearby building, he gently put the dummy up against a wall and took a drink of the water bottle he had not forgotten to bring.

The sudden fall of rubble from the next building ended his reprieve. Katsurou readied his orb, prepared to defend his newly acquired badge, only to see a more friendly face. The boy was wearing a simple white T-shirt with a picture of a robed man throwing strange dice and was strangely underequipped, even lacking a badge.

“Oh, you must be...Denkara Taro, correct? You left before I could introduce myself. I am Yamauchi Katsurou, hopefully your search was not interrupted by a thief?”

mVvsZap.png?1

As Yuuka made her way through the cityscape, she was a bit marveled by how much budget the school had, to be able to set up a course of this magnitude. And for their entrance exam no less! The girl felt as though she had made the correct choice to have enrolled here, and couldn't wait to see what else the school had to offer. Oh. But first she had to pass. That was a bit of an issue. Yuuka didn't think of herself as the greatest of trackers or metal detectors, nor was she particularly adept at urban exploration. Beyond that, her quirk was far more suited to dealing with people and offered her no help in those two things she already had trouble in. "Well, I suppose this is a test for heroes." It was only natural that it was not a test built with her in mind. 

As she continued walking through the city, simply looking from place to place, her ears perked up at a collection of strange noises. Looking to the alleyway, the girl began to move towards the sound, being able to make the sounds out as something resembling murmuring voices. As she got to the edge of the alleyway, she pressed herself against the wall, peering through to see a sight that brought some amusement to her. There appeared to be two mannequin-like figures "speaking" to each other with one of them holding out a bag that clearly had "illegal drugs" written on it.  Studying the two, it appeared that they weren't actually moving, though there appeared to be pistols attached to one of their hips. Yuuka wasn't quite sure how capable the mannequins were at actually using their guns, nor was she sure how lethal their bullets were, but she didn't feel like it was a good idea to test either of them. 

Pondering for a moment, Yuuka tried to figure out what to do about them. Her quirk useless against mechanical enemies, and it wasn't like it was terribly useful against someone who could just shoot her anyway. While it was probably just best to let this be, this illicit deal was likely placed here for a reason, and so Yuuka had to figure out a way through this ordeal. She studied the alley, seeing a few plastic trash containers, trash bags and a dumpster littering it. With quick thinking, the girl reached into the alley, quickly nabbing a plastic trash container that was just at the edge. Readying herself, the girl moved towards the alley, throwing the container towards the dumpster. As it hit, the sudden sound of the stricken dumpster echoed throughout the alley and forced the mannequins to turn, their attention now on it. Running into the alley, the girl picked up another of the plastic trash containers and tossed it at the mannequin with both the gun and the "drugs," striking it from behind and knocking it off its feet. The other one didn't seem to do anything in response, while the dangerous one of the two seemed to just be struggling to get back to its feet in a very slow and mechanical way. Continuing her run, the girl merely picked up the bag of "drugs," having a bit more difficulty then she was expecting as the bag seemed to weigh far more than it appeared. 

Bolting before the dangerous one could get back to its feet, the girl ran for a few blocks, unsure if the two mannequins were built to pursue or not, until she felt safe. Looking at the heavy bag, the girl opened to it, seeing that it was filled with what appeared to be flower. Flipping it upside down, the girl emptied the contents of the bag onto the ground, a badge falling out with it. "Oh, lucky me." With a cheery look on her face, the girl happily picked the badge up and pocketed, feeling the weight of the two badges start to pull down on her. Walking around, it didn't take long for something new to catch the girl's attention. 

Seeing the blonde haired justice girl from before, introducing herself to the girl. As she made her offer to team up, Yuuka's smile seemed to only grow, and even more so as the boy from before had come over to join them. "Well, I'd love to work with the both of you to solve this exam." The boy then asked her if she had any ideas on how their group would be able to hit it big in badges and the girl started to ponder to herself for a moment. It was true, while they would have no trouble solving the situations to get the badges now, the situations themselves would only grow more sparse. The likelihood of all three passing would be slim to none. As she pondered for a moment longer, her eyes flickered as she remembered something. The girl who went first, Misu, had asked a question about violence. Looking to the group, she began to explain, "the best source of badges would be other participants, after all, we all start with at least one and are collecting them here. Of course, it's not very hero like to use violence to fight and steal from others." Her calm smile seemed to form into a small smirk as she said, "which is why we'll punish those who try that very thing."

"If we keep wondering around, we're bound to find others soon enough, and if they want to fight us then we'll simply meet their challenge and take their badges from them. After all, officers take the possessions off of criminals all the time, so it's still within the lines of a hero's duty." She looked to the other two, saying, "of course, if we travel as a unit then no one will want to fight all three of us at once. So, we need to have someone act as bait, while the other two trail behind and wait for them to be attacked. Of course, I volunteer myself, as the two of you certainly have a more threatening look to you than I. Oh, and if you think you can find another badge while trailing me, please, don't hesitate to." Taking out both of her badges and pinning them to her shirt, making them stand out far more now, the girl clapped her hands together with the same calm smile as she from before, saying, "does this sound good?" 

Edited by Skaia

As Taro was about to rush off, the sound of gushing water and a settle explosion sounded from inside the building he just left. “Come on! I was just in there!” Rushing back in, water was dripping from the ceiling as to say that a water pipe ruptured from a floor up. As he began his ascent up again, electrical pools started to form as the electrical wires casually soaked in the water as Taro was getting shocked more than his first trip in the building. On the 5th floor was where the pipe ruptured, spouting out water diluting the electricity so hat Taro can traverse safely.

Upon closer inspection underneath the torrent waterfall, the hole was pretty big for an average water main blowout, though the cause of the rupture was probably man-made. Nevertheless, something needed to be done about it before it makes the floor collapse causing the building to fail in the process. Taking a step back, he reached into his pockets and started to take out his previous inventory for a piece of rubble to put in the hole. After 5 boulder-sized, he finally found debris to fit as he carefully and forcefully put his hand into the gushing water on the left side.

Ok! Ok! Ready?! Ready! “Aaaaand NOW!” Releasing his hand from the rubble, he quickly withdrew his arm as the rock returned from to its normal state clogging up the torrent. A sigh of relief came upon Taro as he looked for a badge. . .but he found nothing. “What the heck UA?! Where is the Badge?! I stopped the flood! Where is the-” His rant was cut short as the main he plugged blew open as water came crashing in again. Obviously, this was not the solution to the problem as he just caused a bigger problem as more water started to fill the room. Quickly ran back to the pipe and jammed another piece of rubble to give him more time to think what he was doing wrong.

Then it hit him, a piece of the ceiling above landed on Taro’s head leaving a good sized bump. Then he remembered about how all buildings have a main shutoff valve for their water. Taro quickly ran down the stairs, slipping a couple of times along the way until he was back out on streets trying to remember where the shutoff valve was. After a few minutes, he finally found the valve, under a street panel box, who knew? He quickly turned it off just in time as the pipe ruptured a 3rd time, though the water began to recede as the residue went into the streets. As he was about to put the lid back on, he found a badge superglued on the underside. “Whelp, thanks for teaching me a lesson UA, though I don’t know what that is yet. I need to rest for a second.”

As he walked away from the building to next door, he could hear multiple floors collapsing inside the water soaked building. Taro shrugged as he entered the building to rest, only to find a slender dark-haired boy who seemed startled by something or other, maybe the collapsing building. The boy lowered his guard as he spoke, “Oh, you must be...Denkara Taro, correct? You left before I could introduce myself. I am Yamauchi Katsurou, hopefully your search was not interrupted by a thief?”

“Okay, first of all, it is TENkara, a pleasure to meet you, Yamauchi. Second, you are the first person I have contacted with since entering the exam area. So yes, I have all my badges with me. It looks like you just got in, or just been over-encumbered by that dummy for about, what an hour?” Taro slid down the closest wall as a trail of water residue was left on the wall, plopping down on the ground with an ugly sounding water noise emanating from the impact. The boy answered, but it was muffled as he got thinking about what to do next. He was 1 badge away from completing the exam, but it would be wrong to steal from someone late in the game. Suddenly, an idea popped into Taro’s head. “Now, You might not have a chance of getting into UA if you keep dragging that dummy around, in fact, most of the early badges are pretty much gone by now. Why don’t we work together? I’ll even carry that dummy for you as we increase our chances of getting in as we fight and steal our remaining badges! What do you say? I feel teaming up at this juncture is probably the best option right now."

Edited by scooterulez

Lesnar felt like this was a little too easy with the exception of the second badge. Considering the third one was just a rescue mission with minimal conflict, he thought he could just find all the simple tasks and pass the exam by just helping people instead of putting himself in danger. His headphones were back on as he strolled down the street, feeling the weight of the badges he wore.

"Two to go," he said to himself, looking around for anyone that might be nearby. Since he had music playing (Veteran of the Psychic Wars - Blue Oyster Cult) he couldn't tell if anyone was there, but he remembered noises coming from within the city. Based on the state of it, the fragility of the buildings were easy to knock away with even the slightest influence, let alone people trying to climb them or even just walk upstairs. Either way, the next task presented itself from above. He looked up, seeing what he hoped was a mannequin at the edge of a building. A jumper?

"Help! I can't hold on much longer!"

Nope, not a jumper. Lesnar was relieved, as suicide was a sensitive subject to him, however he had to do something. But what? He couldn't fly. He's not fast enough to get up there in time to pull him, and if he tried using his quirk he might cause much more damage than it's worth. The mannequin continued to scream for help as Lesnar looked around, seeing nothing in sight until he rounded a corner into an alleyway. A dumpster full of trash. Perfect. He wasn't sure if it could break their fall, but it was worth a try. With his music buzzing, he rounded to the back of the smelly container, gagging in the process. With both palms pressed against it, he released a wave that slid it along the rough pavement, making it grind and cause sparks. Lesnar hoped there was nothing flammable nearby, but the dumpster made it out onto the street.

"Heeeelllpp!"

"I know, I know! I'm getting there!" Lesnar shouted, slightly irritated. Only two more pushes to go. Lining up the next push, he released another wave that left just enough of a leave for the next one to put it under the landing zone. At this point his body rang furiously, leaving him dreadfully dizzy. That last push did a number on him, but he didn't have much time.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

Okay, now he had even less time, as the mannequin had slipped and was now falling. Despite how drained he was, Lesnar went for the final push, using the last of his amplified force to put the dumpster just under the victim, almost with perfect timing. Lesnar was now delirious with whole-bodied tinnitus. His vision blurred as he made his way towards the dumpster, which the mannequin was now crawling out of.

"Oh... oh sir, thank you... thank you so much... I thought I was a..." Only murmurs came from their direction, but Lesnar just nodded and acknowledged the compliments.

"No... problem..." he wheezed, nearly passing out as his fourth badge revealed itself from beneath some of the bags of trash. With that, his vision cleared back up enough to grab it and put it on his person, though the fact that it was in the trash can made him think. Was this how he was supposed to do it? Or was it just one way and there were multiple badges for the same task? Obviously those questions couldn't be answered as there was no one to answer them, so he just shrugged and accepted it.

One more badge to go. He had already gotten four badges... which caused him to worry. He was alone and it was only a matter of time before the other students would team up and start ganging up on people.

"Next time hold onto em tighter okay? I expect to see you at the finish with five of these things."

Just as he went to play his next song, Lesnar froze at the sound of a voice nearby. A familiar voice. Valerie? He knew he recognized it. How could you not? He heard no sign of a tussle as he couldn't hear much anyway, but there was no mistaking it. She seemed to be helping another student in trouble, which lifted his spirits slightly. As he pressed onward, sure enough there she was jogging down the street, however not singing Doo Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do, perpendicular from the one he was on, crossing paths at the intersection.

"V-V-Valerie!" he interjected, flinching enough to cause his headphones to drop again, "f-funny to see you here. L-l-looks like I caught up with you after all!" With a slightly broken smirk and a chuckle, he cleared his throat, preparing to react however the situation may end up.

Lesnar Badge Count: 4

Edited by Thar

Kess' eyes were locked on Misu throughout the entirety f her reply. Just slowly narrowing into a glare, her sharkish grin fading as Misu yelled at her. Her entire body felt like a spring coiling tighter and tighter the more she heard.

"Mighty protective of that badge for someone who doesn't even want it," she snapped, her voice darker, meaner. "The fuck are you doing here if it's not to be a hero... You're wasting my goddamn time, is what you're doing. Guess I was wrong." She scoffed, brushing some of her hair out of her face. "Can't believe I thought you were-"

She interrupted her own thought, suddenly blitzing forward, screaming across the ground at Misu, feeling the power building up inside her body, ready to lash out with intense, powerful force. She tensed her muscles as she went in for the strike. 

"-WORTH ANYTHING!" she finished, as she lashed out with a swift strike with her fist, the air buffeting around her, Misu's steam sent whirling through the air as she lashed out at her side, aiming for the kidney, intending to whip around with a swift kick to the side of the girl's head to follow up. As she came within a few feet of Misu one emotion would be obvious to her opponent in Kess' eyes: Pure unchecked rage.

You. You're the first one. First one on the ladder up to Jason.

3Zv19eY.png

"Suda Hiroharu, the one and only!"

"Nice to meet you!"

"And we don't need to walk ya know, I can fly too! Although I guess you can hear better if we walk... well, ya let me know if anything else comes up."

"Roger!" Hibiki continued to lead the way toward the mystery sound. As she got closer, she and eventually Suda would be able to hear that it was a child crying, though something about it sounded a bit off. For one, it sounded like it was coming from some cheap speaker from deep within a dark cave Hibiki's ears had led the pair to. For two, there were other voices in there. Students, it sounded like... no, just one student. Were they lost in there? Hibiki removed her sunglasses, tucking them into her pocket for now. "I'm going in there; wait out here for just a bit!" Hibiki started toward the cave, but just as she took her first steps...

"-WORTH ANYTHING!"

"Wahh!" Hibiki jumped in place, turning around to check that that dangerous girl wasn't nearby... no sign of her. Hibiki pointed in the direction her voice had come from. "Those dangerous girls are that way, so don't go over there. I'll just be a second!" Hibiki hurried deeper into the cave, letting out that inaudibly high-pitched sound again to map the place out. Oh yeah, there was definitely a student in here. She'd have to be careful. While the cave was dark, it didn't seem to be all that deep. In fact, it was only a few dozen steps in that she found herself at the source of the crying. It was some sort of doll. Hibiki picked it up, prompting it to stop crying. As she turned to leave though, she heard the voice of another student.

"Got one~"

"Eh?"

Before she knew it, the other student lunged at her, just barely missing most of Hibiki but scratching clean across her wings. "Owowowowow!" She had to get out of here! But first, she had to slow this attacker down. And there was one way to do that. Hibiki took in as deep a breath as she could, before letting loose a deafening screech. Being that close to the source had to hurt! Suda would have definitely heard it too, and she wouldn't be surprised if the entire forest area heard her either. She could hear her assailant fall to the floor, probably gripping their ears as they let out a stream of profanities in Hibiki's direction. The bat girl hurried out of the cave, holding the doll up for Suda to see. Attached to its chest was a badge "Second badge, get! And um, sorry if I hurt your ears or something just now, but..."

"Hold it right there!" From within the cave, not far behind Hibiki, another girl emerged, one hand clamped tightly over her ear. "Hand over those badges, and this will be a lot easier for both of us."

She had only just started down the road further into the city when she heard her name being called out. Odd, she didn't really know anyone here did she...

"f-funny to see you here. L-l-looks like I caught up with you after all!"

Oh, right, that was...that boy that she talked to earlier. She grinned when she saw him. Turns out that he did manage to follow her in the end. "Hey there!" She said loudly, moving closer. "You caught me at the tail-end of this test. Four down so far. Was about to go look for the last one. How bout you?"

She gave a laugh as he told her he, too, had four badges in total. She punched his shoulder and gave him a thumbs up. "That's how it's done! Hey, since you're here, suppose we might as well look for a place with more of these things right? Follow me and let me know if you spot anything. We'll be done with this in a flash!"

With that she adjusted the bag slung over her shoulder and began to jog down the middle of the road as if expecting Lesnar to follow. She did keep some distance though as the heat she was radiating was starting to grow more intense.

The girl made a noticeable target as she didn't even try to keep from sight. Merely jogging down the road without any form of cover. A fact that someone could easily use to their advantage...

whIkgqw.png

"Mighty protective of that badge for someone who doesn't even want it," The girl snapped.  It was true that she didn't want to become a hero, but she had to get through this schooling program.  She had to get in...meaning that she had to beat this bitch down.  The anticipation to do so was killing her.  "The fuck are you doing here if it's not to be a hero... You're wasting my goddamn time, is what you're doing. Guess I was wrong."

"Think what you want, pipsqueak."  Misu groaned while rolling her shoulders.  "I don't really care."  

"Can't believe I thought you were-"  Misu had been in enough school yard brawls to know where this was going.  She couldn't have telegraphed her demeanor anymore, but she somehow did.  "WORTH ANYTHING!"  As to be expected, there was now a fist heading straight for her side. 

"Your funeral, kid."  The punch looked dangerous, as it displaced Misu's steam with the sheer wind pressure.  Misu's muscles pumped themselves full of steam power, as the punch landed firmly in her side.  It hurt a bit, seeing as how there weren't many muscles on the side of her abdomen, but there wasn't much she could do about it now.  She had to stay focused on the kick that was headed straight for her head.  Her muscles may be able to take a swift blow, but her head was the most exposed part of her body.  Her quirk couldn't do much to save her up there.  However, to reach the girl, the brat would have to hike that leg high into the air.  It was the perfect chance.  

Misu ducked, narrowly avoiding the swift kick, and retaliated with a sweep, amplifying the muscles in her calves to make sure it hurt.  Misu loved to fight, and she had been in too many to count, so keeping her cool was her best trait when it came to a fight.  However, this brat seemed to totally lose it when fighting.  When her sweep finished, Misu returned her leg to her center, using it to explode up.  With a steam powered arm, she launched an uppercut near any body part within reach.  At the slightest sign of impact, a large explosion of steam would erupt from her fist.  When Misu breathed out, some more steam escaped from her mouth.  This fight was already starting to make her feel thirsty.  

"You know," She started, "You don't seem much like the hero type yourself."  A smirk started to trace her face, as she looked at the girl.  "I mean...you're in such a hurry to lose that medal of yours."  With the goading now done, Misu took a step, digging the ball of her foot into the ground, and dashing off with explosion of steam behind her.  She threw her arm out in an attempt to clothesline the girl, not putting as much steam power into her arms.  She didn't want to decapitate this idiot.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

As Valerie and Lesnar found their stride right next to each other, a crystal of ice appeared between the two as if from thin air.  From the top of a building, three shadows could be seen, as a slide of ice was made towards the ground.  However, one of the shadows opted to jump from the roof, and to the wall of an opposite building, almost using it as another spring board.  When he came clearer into view, the monster of a teen stuck out his legs in an arrow like shot at Lesnar.  With their attention removed, the other two slid down the ice ramp.  

"You were right, Pip!"  A boy with blue skin commended bounding demon, "With this kind of attack, we're a shoe in for all those medals!"

"Although..." the girl next to him spoke up, "I do still kinda feel bad about this...isn't it something a villain would do?"  She questioned, hesitantly, as arms began to spring out from the palm of her hand, continuously doing so as they reached towards Valerie. 

"I ain't a villain!  I'm just doing what needs to be done...so I don't end up like one!"  The one regarded as Pip rang out.  "And what better way to snatch the spots of some uppity Americans!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Is someone there? ...do you need help?"

At the question, the thing perked up.  It was as if he had awoken a slumbering creature in it's den.  A slight ringing could be heard in Yuudai's head.  That's when it could hear a small voice let out.

"Ah...your mind...not as heavy...not as...very light...very warm..."  The room had functioning technology, which glow with bright greens, blues, and reds.  The creature emerged from the shadows, shyly.  It's lanky body, and lack of facial features, might have shocked anyone who found the thing.  "The word...hero...rattles around in your brain so...so much so...what is a...hero?"  The thing asked, almost reaching out to Yuudai.   

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Herc looked over to the small (well, everyone was small compared to him) boy that approached him. “Excuse me, mister. . . beetle guy. I’m glad you are one to make this exam more exciting than what it needs to be but hear me out on this, what if we just have a party for those who make it into the hero classes? I mean it is already a competition already, no need to make a forest fire out of bed of coals. However, I can’t stop you from you making it harder than it needs to be, but I wish you luck.”

"Whoa, man, Mr. Beetle Guy is my father. Just call me Beetle Man," Herc said with a grin. "Anyways, good luck to you to buddy,"

"Oh, you're on beetle man!" Suda scratched his chin, grinning. "I'll have to think of a suitable act for you to perform later." Suda turned to the other boy that had joined. He gave him a small frown. "You're no fun" He said, before shrugging. He took another look around him. "Doesn't look like anyone else is takin' the bet." He shrugged. "Guess it's just you and me, big guy."

"Alright, sounds good. We'll see ya back here then," Herc said as he began to stretch again. He then heard the announcement, and made a choice. He'd go last. After all, if people were so worried, he should let them be reassured. It wasn't like he couldn't make up for the lost ground. When everyone went through, Herc finally walked up. "I'm your friendly neighborhood Beetle Man!" He jabbed a thumb to his own chest. "Or, you know, you can call me by my name, Herc Coleo," They handed him a badge, which he looked at. Everyone seemed to think it was heavy, but it seemed normal to him. He shrugged and placed it in his pocket. Time to get to work.

Thinking to himself, he headed to the city. People probably expected to see a giant bug in the forest, so why not go to the city? He could blindside someone there, at the very least. He didn't run into anyone on the way there... it seemed everyone else had headed deep into the city while he was still on the outskirts. Well, he supposed it could be worse. This slower pace let him notice things... like the giant car pileup not too far from him. That seemed like a good place to hide a badge, right?

He got to work, carefully lifting the cars, making sure to lift with his legs instead of his back. It took a few minutes, but he got down to three more cars when he saw a badge under one of the cars. "Bingo," he muttered as he picked up that car. He was surprised no one tried to get this one. Was no one as physically strong as him? He figured super strength would be a basic quirk...

Under the circumstances of running into another student, Lesnar was fortunate for it to be with Valerie of all people. Definitely not just because she was literally the only one here that has talked to him yet, or the fact that she was fairly attractive and not wearing much clothing. Regardless, she seemed nice. A little too nice, in fact. The very idea of meeting someone with so much willingness to interact and help out others with that much enthusiasm was foreign to him, let alone having some of that attitude be directed towards him. He wasn't prepared for it, but it certainly felt welcoming and brought comfort to this major decision he made to come here. That being said, Lesnar saw her make eye contact with him, showing a grin that made the world that much brighter.

"Hey there!" She said loudly, moving closer. "You caught me at the tail-end of this test. Four down so far. Was about to go look for the last one. How bout you?"

"Oh, that's great!" Lesnar's anxious stutter calmed, as he knew there was no need to be nervous around this girl, "...and also quite a coincidence, cause I'm looking for my last badge as well."

Valerie seemed to be happy about the progress Lesnar was making. Was she proud or just patronizing? He didn't have much time to ponder on it.

"That's how it's done!" she said as she punched Lesnar on the shoulder. He winced; she was strong and Lesnar was quite frail, so the impact was way more painful that he had anticipated. For a moment he thought to react as if it was an advance to obtain her last badge from the four that he had, but she left it as a jab of encouragement and gave a thumbs up, which made him smirk with confidence, "...hey, since you're here, suppose we might as well look for a place with more of these things right? Follow me and let me know if you spot anything. We'll be done with this in a flash!"

"Sounds good to me." For the first time in years, Lesnar actually felt glad to have a... teammate? It felt that way, as now they were participating and working together to reach a common goal. He never imagined to have this kind of interaction this soon, but he didn't question it. There was only one more badge to find, which, as he expected, would soon prove to be more difficult than he thought. Out of nowhere, ice formed between him and Valerie as his peripherals revealed a group of individuals at the top of the building, "...ugh, I knew this would happen at some point."

He saw one of the figures make a jump for the building opposite of the street they were on, pushing off to project himself with his feet first aimed at Lesnar. With only a moment to react, Lesnar turned the volume up on his headphones and slipped on the other speaker to get full sound reverberating through him.

Battle Theme // In The Crossfire - Legacy of Kain: Defiance

His small window of escape was taken as he aimed his palms to the side to release a wave that projected him to the side, just barely avoiding the impact as the force of the blast cascaded the area where the demon kid landed. The force had the strength of a category one hurricane, not meant to necessarily harm anyone but just to knock Lesnar out of the way, and the sound was like that of a loudspeaker playing right next to your ear, which was enough to cause the ice shard in the road to break.

"Hey Val, uh... can I call you Val?" Lesnar veered in her direction as the other two figures made their way down on a slide of ice. With the music blasting through him, he kept a sharp eye on the demon kid while planning his next move, "Be ready, cause it's about to get loud."

Edited by Thar

c8vVeoJ.png

Seemed like whatever Yuudai was speaking out to, had awoken from the ground...and now he felt a slight ringing in his head...and what followed was a small voice that he heard.

"Ah...your mind...not as heavy...not as...very light...very warm...The word...hero...rattles around in your brain so...so much so...what is a...hero?"

The lights and machines seemed to lighting up around them and now Yuudai was face to face...somewhat, to what was talking to him. And to be truthful, it wasn't anything he had thought he'd ever see. "W-What...the hell...?" Yuudai muttered, both shocked and intrigued about what apparently was speaking to him telepathically and this strange looking alien-esque creature. The young man looked at it for a good long while, before casting everything to the wind. It looked, at least from what he could tell...was kind of hard to distiguish what it wanted without any facial features, but it looked like it needed help. And what type of hero would he be...if he didn't attempt to help this...whatever it was out.

"What's a hero?" he repeated what the creature asked. "Well, it's someone...someone who risks their lives to helping those who need it the most. And you definitely seem like you need some help." Yuudai took one small step towards the creature. "You...you got a name?"

The creature shrunk back into the shadows a bit as he approached. "A name? No...I have no name." With a ringing in Yuudai's head, the creature perked up. "You are Yuudai...Yuudai the Hero?"

Yuudai held his head slightly, not used to this ringing. "Eh, close. I'm actually a hero in training...at least...I will be once I get enrolled at this school." he explained, before looking at the creature's figure in the shadows. "But no name though? That's kind of weird...still, are you alright? You don't have to be afraid...I won't hurt you."

As the creature started to approach, a wad of paper was thrown past Yuudai's head. As soon as the paper touched the creature, it exploded with a burst of smoke and flames, prompting the creature to fall back onto the floor. "I've seen a lot of dummies for this test...but this has to be a mock villain. Are you an idiot." A voice called out from behind Yuudai.

Yuudai went wide-eyed as the wad of paper was thrown past his head and exploded when it touched the creature. He heard the voice from behind him and he immediately started clenching his fists tightly. "...if anyone's an idiot..." he said slowly, before turning around, standing between the creature and this red-haired invader, his eyes glaring daggers at the young man. "...it's you."

With a slight movement, his chain belt muscles started whirling to life as he pointed at the intruder. "If you actually had an inkling in that head of yours, you could see that...that this creature is in need of help. Yeah...you can't really tell with it not having the right facial expressions...but damnit, it's something I can just tell. Now, either you get out of here or I'll force ya!"

"You don't even know if that thing is alive or not. This whole thing is a test you know...none of it's real." The boy spread out his hands as they touched the walls besides him. When he removed his hands, a white hand-print was left. "You realize I didn't come here to just throw a wad of paper at a robot, right? I'm obviously going to take your medals." The boy stepped back from his position and smirked. "I guess it just proves my point. Heroes shouldn't be so idiotic."

"Tch..." Yuudai grumbled, standing his ground as he reached down to grab a chunk of rock that was big enough to fit in his palm. "Should've figured. Had to go this route too...wasn't just that one girl. Still, robot or no, I'm going to help it out...like a hero should. And I won't have people like you...stand..." He moved slightly, the muscles in his right arm whirling greatly as he prepared to throw a pitch with this rock. "IN MY WAY!!!!" With a yell, he threw the rock at quite the speed towards the red haired kid's feet.

"Annoying." The boy frowned, as he lifted his feet off the ground. The rock smashed into the tiled floor, cratering it with ease. The boy took out a marble, and rolled it around in his palm for a bit, caking it in that white substance. The boy threw the marble at Yuudai, only to bend his thumb once it got close to Yuudai. The marble would explode just as the paper wad had, only this time the glass shrapnel would be let out.

Yuudai backed up some, holding his arms up to block the blast...but only resulted in getting struck with the glass shrapnel. He glared the boy, lowering his arms and rolled his shoulders slightly. "So your able to make things explode, huh?" he asked, exhaling slowly. "Guess that means your more of a ranged fighter then..." With a smirk, he moved slightly and rushed towards the boy, feeling his chain belt muscles rotating greatly as he went and attempted to bring the fight up close and personal with the red-head.

The boy only started to step farther back as Yuudai approached. With another slight bend of his thumb, the walls he had placed a hand-print on were simultaneously triggered. A loud explosion sound made both walls shatter and crumble, leaving a wake of rubble blocking the two. "Falling into a trap so easily...so much more pathetic than I thought. One badge please...and I'll remove it." The boy grinned.

"Like I need you to remove it..." Yuudai grumbled, shaking his head as he exhaled slightly. Looking at the rubble, he knew he wasn't going to get much out of this bout. Plus, right now, sparky sparky boom kid couldn't get to him. He turned to head back where he was before, not caring about the rubble that blocked him and the other kid. Plus...I need to keep that sort of stuff to a minimum...don't need my muscles to get strained at a time like this. he thought, making his way back towards the creature. "You alright buddy?"

Appearing from almost nowhere, the creature reemerged only to recoil from Yuudai. "That boy...he says hero in his brain too...yet..." The creature's entire left face was completely burned. "He didn't help me..." The creature then disappeared like magic. However, another ring was heard in Yuudai's head. "Humans are so...confusing..."

"H-Hey! Wait!" Yuudai said a bit too late, already seeing the creature disappear. All he saw of him was the left side of it's face being burned completely...and those words. Looking down with a heavy sigh, he saw that there was a single badge where the creature once stood. Reaching down to pick it up, he simply sighed. "...I'm sorry..."

Yuudai's Badge Count: 3

Edited by Chaos Sonic

It wasn't long before the pair were ambushed. She hadn't really been trying to avoid this so it didn't come much of a surprise to Valerie. She almost laughed when she saw the ice, in fact, and the heat around her body began to increase almost as though responding to the threat. Though it was mostly due to how much she had been moving around.

Lesnar was able to rather quickly dodge out of the way of the beast-like boy's attack. Leaving a slight ringing in Valerie's ears that only got her more pumped up.

"Be ready, cause it's about to get loud."

This time she did laugh. "No worries. I like it loud."

She then took a few steps towards the group that had ambushed her. "You're here to take our badges." She grabbed the bag around her shoulder and tossed it to the side. It landed with a heavy thud as over forty pounds of weight hit the pavement. Valerie slowly spun that arm in a circle, stretching it out. "Which means you must have a couple badges already between you all, right?"

The Fiery Soul Emerges

The heat increased more as the girl gave a wild grin. "So I guess at the end of this fight some of us are gonna be able to pass the test."

"Sucks to be you."

Flames erupted to life around Valerie's body, almost reaching Lesnar near Valerie's side, and she quickly moved into the position she wanted. A position which allowed her, with a grunt of effort, to send a column of flames roaring past the chain of arms that the girl had sent her way, blocking its path towards Valerie, and right towards the ice maker.

"You're messing with the best now!" She shouted and, as the flames made their path, she ran towards the girl with the strange arms. She didn't seem like the strongest of them but from what Valerie could tell her Quirk would make it much harder to deal with the other two.

PysLiPD.png?1

The walk was rather uneventful, as Suda followed Hibiki, until he could start hearing the sounds of a kid crying. "I'm going in there; wait out here for just a bit!" Suda shrugged as they approached the cave. Hibiki then suddenly jumped, apparently having heard the dangerous girl again. Her warning to not go there only made Suda want to go there more, but he decided to comply for now.

"Alright, but the next cave is mine!" He said, leaning back on the wave wall entrance.

He waited for what felt like hours, but was actually just a few minutes, when a deafening screech echoed out of the cave. Suda had to cover his ears as he heard what sounded like Hibiki screaming. So she could do that? Pretty handy to know, although they definitely weren't flying under the radar now. He was pretty sure anyone that happened to be around the area could hear the loud burst of sound. Suda prepared himself to fight whatever cause Hibiki to scream like that. Unsurprisingly, Hibiki came out of the cave shortly after the noise. "Second badge, get! And um, sorry if I hurt your ears or something just now, but..."

Well that was good, they had an extra badge. "Don't worry about it, I'm..." Before he could finished his statement, a strange girl came out of the cave following his ally. Suda smirked as the girl threatened them. "Stand behind me; grab onto me if you have to." Suda said to Hibiki, stepping in front of the girl. He seemed to be staring not at the girl but at a spot on the ground beneath her. "How about..." And, with the flick of his wrist, a black orb appeared on the spot he was glaring at, pulling the girl towards the ground with exceptional force. The grass around it seemed to be pulled by the orb as well; the blades that happened to be next to it pulled straight out of the ground. Hibiki would feel a force pulling her towards the orb as well, although Suda seemed to be completely unphased by the sudden gravitational forces. "...you give me your badges, and make it easier for the both of us." He seemed to be continuously glaring at the orb instead of the girl, his grin still on his face.

Diana's eyes went wide as the boy's body seemed to extend, paying close attention to how it seemed to come apart. The girl stood, enthralled, hardly even noticing as he handed her the badges.

"Oh, uh, y-yeah. That's a cool quirk you have!"

Shaking it off, Diana quickly pulled her bag off of her shoulders, sliding the badges in before turning to Yuuka. However, the other girl had her own idea as she attached her badges to her clothing. Diana frowned a little as the girl began to lay out her plan, but she had to admit, she had the right idea. Pondering for a moment, Diana nodded and sighed, feeling a little deflated.

"I guess it's alright if we're just taking them from those who would attack others... Even if baiting feels a bit wrong. You two ready?"

Casting a glance at the boy, whose name she still had not caught, the two of them walked through the area, trailing Yuuka just enough to keep her in earshot. It was a logical course of action, regardless of Diana's personal feelings... and it did mitigate collateral. As she opened her mouth to speak to her companion, she tripped over something in the road, catching herself just in time. And, to her surprise, it was a wallet. Lifting the wallet up, she saw an address listed on it... And the buildings in the area had matching schemes.

"Hm... I guess we should return this when we pass by, right?" The duo continued walking, with no major developments, "So, uh... what's your name, <anyway>? I never managed to catch it, and it's probably best for me to know who to call." She put on a smile, fiddling with the wallet with her right hand, absentmindedly, "And man, what are you, a <scarecrow>? Er, or whatever you guys call it. You look like you really need a brain!"

She laughed a little at her joke as they arrived at the address. She ran up to the door and knocked on it, only for a man to prompt her to return the wallet. She did so energetically, before she bowed dramatically in thanks, then jogged back to Shoshiki, badge safely tucked in her backpack. "Well, that's 2 each, now! 9 more and we're all golden!"

Badges on hand: 4

Kess' fist dug into Misu's side with full impact. She allowed herself a grin momentarily, but then she felt the resistance, the amplified muscles underneath. As she went in for the kick, she saw the sweep, too late as the kick blasted into her. She reeled back, throwing herself into the momentum she had gained from the blow against her as she stumbled out of the reach of the uppercut, hot steam searing against her skin as she regained her footing, fists up, the part of her body Misu had kicked aching.

"Not bad, bitch," she said, breathing hard. 

"You don't seem much like the hero type yourself."

"I'm a new kind," Kess replied, visibly annoyed by the statement. "A new hero for a new generation. I'll do whatever I have to do."

"You're in such a hurry to lose that medal of yours." As Misu ran at Kess, the girl smirked, standing her ground. She raised both arms to block the strike, allowing Misu to hit her. It didn't hurt as much as the kick previously had, though the force running through her arms was very real. Kess felt the power in her arms surge, pushing back... And she released as she transfered it to her legs, pushing off of the ground. As Misu's strike followed through, Kess was launched from the earth, flying towards a tree. She flipped around in midair, her feet striking against the tree as her knees started to bend.

"Could say the same for YOU!" she yelled triumphantly, pushing off the tree trunk with every ounce of force she could muster. She shot through the air like a bullet, off-angle to hit Misu, clearly going to go over her... As her hand reached down to snatch the cat doll resting on Misu's shoulder, to seize it with the sheer speed she had as she shot over Misu, towards the thick trees where she could lose her. She KNEW she could lose her in a contest of speed. THis was something she could so, she knew it; SOmething she had to do.

You shouldn't have held back on that hit... That's why I BELONG here! I'll NEVER hold back! she thought fervently as she flew through the air in the space of an instant, but what felt to her like slow motion.