Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

ksARFRH.png

"Stand behind me; grab onto me if you have to."

Eh? Grab onto him? That was a hard pass from Hibiki. He seemed like a nice guy and all, but...

"How about... you give me your badges, and make it easier for the both of us."

Change of plan! Hibiki loosely gripped Suda simply to avoid getting pulled into... well, whatever it was he was doing. She didn't feel any wind against her, so it couldn't have been a Quirk like that. Whatever Suda's Quirk was, it seemed pretty neat. The girl that had attacked her was already down on the ground, turning herself to be perpendicular to Hibiki and Suda, and casting the latter a dirty look.

"Nice trick." On her spot on the ground, the girl started rolling in place, faster and faster. Like a whirring engine of rolling. "But if I wanted to see cheap tricks, I'd go find a street performer!" The girl suddenly extended out an arm and leg, launching herself forward and upward with her sheer momentum. However, even after launching herself in such a way, her lower half continued spinning rapidly, prompting HIbiki to let go of Suda and slide beneath the assailant and into the center of the gravity Suda had made. Which left Suda with an incoming girl whose lower half was spinning in vicious circles, each leg stretched out and threatening to slam him clean in the midsection.

How do her legs do that!? And for that matter, how am I supposed to fight her without screaming again? I'd hurt Suda too. Maybe if I bit her a bunch.

“Okay, first of all, it is TENkara, a pleasure to meet you, Yamauchi. Second, you are the first person I have contacted with since entering the exam area.”

Katsurou was a little relieved to hear that his fellow student was not attacked by any opportunistic “heroes”, especially considering how disheveled he looked. Tenkara's clothing looked torn, wrinkled and soaked in water, if he had just finished dragging himself out of the sewers. At least it would keep him cool in the growing heat.

“Ah, I just found this badge-bearer just a few moments ago. I suppose I could just remove its hand, but I have a good feeling that doing so would be against the spirit of the test! We are trying to be heroes after all!” Katsurou responded with short, jolly laugh at the end.

“You might not have a chance of getting into UA if you keep dragging that dummy around, in fact, most of the early badges are pretty much gone by now. Why don’t we work together? I’ll even carry that dummy for you as we increase our chances of getting in as we fight and steal our remaining badges! What do you say?”

Katsurou considered Tenkara’s proposal for a moment. While it is quite possible that Tenkara could be trying to pull the wool over his eyes, he only had one extra badge, so if anything Tenkara would be risking more if he had more than one badge. It was strange that Tenkara didn’t appear to be carrying anything other than the clothes on his back…

“Bah! This is no time to be doubting anyone! I could only gain with teamwork! Trust in your fellow students!” Katsurou thought to himself before turning back to Tenkara with a wide smile.

“That sounds like an excellent idea! Heroes always work better in teams, so it would be best if we get started now! Maybe we might even get extra credit!”

With renewed energy, Katsurou kneeled down to pick up the dummy, putting it onto his back again before turning back to his new traveling companion.

“So, should we take turns carrying this one, or would you rather we each carry one side of it?”

whIkgqw.png

The clothesline landed, as Misu shot the girl off the ground and into the air.  She pumped her arm with a sly grin, watching the girl fly through the air.  However, impossibly, the girl was able to twist her body through the sheer momentum to turn the assault into a launchpad of sorts.  Using a tree to find her footing, the girl sent off like a bolt towards Misu.  Misu readied her stance.  She would snatch the girl out of the air, and smash her into the earth.  But it was already too late.  The bitch was fast.  She must've had the same type of augmenting quirk as herself, able to enhance her muscles.  But the girl was way smaller than Misu, way more nimble.  Misu's own size wouldn't allow her to be that quick.  

In an instant, she could feel a literal weight being lifted off her shoulders.  The meowing that had been so annoying up til this fight had ceased.  Misu turned her shoulder to see the girl flying away with the plush doll in her grasps.  It looked as though she was trying to run away.  With a deep breath out, Misu stood up normally, watching the girl run off.  

"I've wasted enough of my time on you."  Misu groaned, running in the opposite direction of the girl.  There was still plenty of time to grab more medals.  Most of the commotion could be heard coming from the city...so there would be a plethora of them in the forest section of the test.  With a fading trail of steam behind her, Misu ran deeper into the forest, hopefully to avoid that crazy bitch.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"You're messing with the best now!"

The girl shouted, spewing flames from her body towards the blue boy.  The flames almost singed the girl with extending limbs, as she reeled them back by absorbing them from whence they came. 

"Ah!  It's hot!"  She cried out.  A large blue wall of ice was created from the ground, in front of the two, thick enough to let the flames eat at it for a bit.

"Huh...a bit of a mismatch?"  The boy smirked, with a bit of vapor emanating from his mouth. "But it's three against two.  We have the advantage here."  

"B-b-but what am I going to do, Loki?"  The girl stammered, reaching out to him.  

"Well...you probably can't do much against her, so focus up on the boy!  BREAK!"  With that the girl nodded, and made her way frantically around the Ice wall and towards Lesnar.  She shot out her hands, which extended towards Lesnar to try and get a grip on the boys' shoulders.  Three more off shoots of arms shot out from part of her forearm, which then turned into more appendage expansions.  Six extending hands were now on their way to Lesnar.  

"Don't forget about me!"  Pip cried, as he made another leap towards Valerie, kicking his leg out to land a crushing blow on her.  All the while, Loki kept up the wall, but eventually let it shatter into many parts.  Frost came from his foot, leaping up to catch all the broken pieces, all the while dodging the flames that came his way.  The ice that was now connected to many small pillars of ice rushed themselves towards Valerie at many different angles, looking to smash her in every direction.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

That's when Tenkara would feel a slight pressure in his right side. 

"You boys mind if I hold onto one as well? gehe."  Turning around, the two would see a boy with a huge smile plastered on his face.  His hand made itself into a knife like style, as if hitting pressure points was his specialty in fights.  Tenkara would feel his head getting a little woozy after the previously mentioned pressure.  "It should only be fair that we take turns, right?"  The boy shrugged, still displaying a huge, goofy grin.  

"Sucks to be you."

Lesnar knew things were about to get hot. After feeling her arm around his shoulders behind the gate, her skin was hot enough to cook an egg. However, he somehow knew it was more than that. She wasn't sick. It was her quirk... but that was obvious. Despite his minor misassumption, this barely-clothed girl began to spin as the air around her began to ripple like a hot summer day, igniting into a burst of flame. Lesnar had to jump back a bit to not get singed by it. However, his focus was on the demon kid that attempted a meteor kick.

"Well...you probably can't do much against her, so focus up on the boy! BREAK!"

Time to focus. With Valerie apparently being the larger threat to the trio, the demon kid and the ice maker teamed up against her as the remaining member made her way towards Lesnar. Rather than advancing on him by running, she merely extended her hands, which from the skin extended more hands, creating six hands total. Lesnar cocked his head for a bit, but now was not the time to be distracted by the absurdity that was this girl's quirk. Knowing the nature of quirks, he knew there'd be weirder ones out there as he progressed through this curriculum.

"Wasn't prepared for that, but I did come prepared." Lesnar said under his breath as he stretched out his knuckles. Although he wasn't much of a melee fighter, he knew he would eventually need to resort to it at some point. Bending down like a runner at the starting line, he thrusted another surge of force through his palms to launch himself forward, ducking and weaving through an opening in the girl's array of grabby hands. With incredible speed, he wound up a clothesline that aimed to push this girl back into the demon kid mid-kick before Valerie was hit.

Valerie's grin widened as the boy threw up a barrier. "Not strong enough! I can get even hotter!" And true to her words the flames grew more intense, focused on the ice wall, as the girl decided to go after Lesnar instead. Didn't matter, Valerie knew what she had to do. Whoever of her opponents decided to go after her she'd bring down hard and then she could worry about the rest.

It was a good thing that these would be the last badges she needed to get. She could already feel the chill on her skin and she had only just started.

"Don't forget about me!"

Valerie let out a shout and the fire around her grew just a bit larger. She'd have to dodge out of the way of the attack but she'd make sure that the guy regretted trying to attack her close range. Which also had the added effect of weakening the ice that the other one had sent towards her. She doubted she could dodge out of the way of them all so she instead focused on powering her way through it.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Lesnar ram into the animal-like boy. Unfortunately it didn't take him entirely off his path and Valerie ended up launching a column of flames towards Loki and jumping backwards in an attempt to avoid his kick. Which ended up throwing herself backwards onto the ground.

She had to get up. She had to get up and close in on the ice boy. She didn't want to keep having to fire from a distance. Without getting closer she wasn't sure she could land a decisive blow.

Itsuki Watanabe

Itsuki was steadily beginning to realize that he had taken too much time looking for medals. The more he looked around, the more spots he could find that he could tell a medal was probably once found, but that it was now empty. Right now he had three medals, so he was almost there, but he needed two more in order to make it into the school. There was also a lot of commotion surrounding him-- shouting, explosions, sounds of rushing wind. Itsuki now regretted joining up with any of the other students. At least then he could make all of them do the work and then knock 'em down and take the medals or something. Damn, that should've been his strategy from the start.

At some point Itsuki came across a larger building that looked as if it was ready to topple in on itself at any moment. From inside there was the faint sound of screaming, obviously from a recording if it was anything like the previous medals, and through one of the upper floor windows Itsuki could see the glint of a medal. Just then, a chunk of concrete fell loose from one of the upper floors and crashed on the ground with a loud thud, and any small desire that Itsuki had to dive into the building was quickly expunged. Even if there was more than one medal in there, it wasn't worth it.

Turning around and heading down another street, he then came across a girl, approaching from the down the street. She seemed to be alone, but more importantly had two badges pinned right in the center of her shirt, displayed proudly for all to see. Itsuki needed two more badges, and had he been a more careful and calculated person he would have realized that this had the smell of a trap written all over it.

"Yo, girl," He called out, waving one hand while keeping the other cupping his medals in his pocket, partially to try and keep them hidden but also to keep his pants from slipping any more. "You look lost. Need some help?"

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka continued down the road, now alone as was set by her own plan. She felt neutral about her own plan, thinking it more on the legal gray side of being a hero then actually being good. But, one part of being a hero that she understood was making compromises, and as the others had not had a different idea on the matter, they would have to learn about that now as well. As she walked, the girl hadn't actually cared to ever look back, assuming that her two teammates were trailing behind her at their own pace and not actually giving any indication that she suspected she was being followed as a result. And, it would appear that her random wandering around would be rewarded. 

A rather languid individual had made his way over to her, asking if she was lost. She had recognized this boy, though only in the sense that she had seen him crowding around the bat girl from earlier, and didn't really have any idea how as a person he was like. Which meant that both the options she could think of were equally likely; he was either here to genuinely help her or quite like herself, he was attempting to spring some kind of a trap on her. Of course, either way didn't particularly matter to the girl and so she merely smiled and said, "well, I'm never one to turn down help from a prospective hero. And, I suppose I don't have much of an idea where anything is here, so yes, I'm lost. Do you know where you're going here?" Her voice was a mixture of being both calm and curious, as she was genuinely curious to see what this boy would say. 

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai, after scouring the entire area, returned back to where the creature once stood. There was no way out of this from what he could see...well...there was only one way. His eyes dragged towards the direction of the debris. Jeez...alright, Shiba...swallow the pride, just bite the bullet. he thought with a heavy sigh. Making his way towards the debris, he shouted. "Oi! You still there, Napalm?"

"Oh...made up your mind?"

Cocky brat... Yuudai thought, a bit hesistant on saying anything now, but he shook his head quickly. No...just do it. It's your only way of getting out of here...WITHOUT straining yourself. Another sigh escaped his lips before he spoke up. "I'll give you the badge. At this point it's no use to me down here without a way out."

"Throw it out of the hole...and then stand back"

Wait...was this kid serious? Throw the badge through the hole and then the wall would be cleared? What kind of fool did this kid take Yuudai for? "Sorry, but I wasn't born yesterday." Yuudai said quickly, already stepping back from the debris wall. "If I give it to you before you do this, there's the possibility you'll just leave with it and leave me here. I'll give it to you after you clear the way. You have my word."

"Now what kind of hero would I be if I leave a civilian stranded in some rubble?" The kid said slyly. "I don't trust you as far as I could throw you, bub. So we seem to be at an impasse."

Yuudai began to sigh again, rubbing the back of his neck as he shrugged. "Guess so..." Staring at the debris wall, he shook his head slightly. Seemed like the only way out of this, was to trust the kid on the other side...because it obviously showed that this kid didn't trust him. "Alright Napalm...you win." he sighed, moving as he aimed for the hole in the debris wall and tossed the badge out, before turning and moving away slightly, just sitting/leaning against an old terminal keyboard. "There's the badge."

Yuudai's Badge Count: 2

"Thank you for your kind donation." The boy said, as he could be heard walking away.

The terminal Yuudai had sat against typed in a phrase, as a screen displayed "Password accepted". Another badge would appear from inside a locked drawer. Then, after a few minutes, the wall of debris exploded, sending rubble in every direction. The path had cleared.

Yuudai saw the drawer open up and smirked slightly. Heh...fortune favors good deeds, I suppose. he thought, quickly pilfering the badge before the wall of debris exploded. He couldn't see the kid he newly dubbed "Napalm", probably took the badge and ran to basically have a remote detonation with that wall...either way, now he was able to leave. Taking off in a sprint, Yuudai started heading back the way he came, back towards the direction of the alleyway.

...maybe I should talk to the headmaster about what I saw down there... Yuudai thought, not able to get the image of that creature out of his mind. ...I honestly think it needed help.

Yuudai's Badge Count: 3

PysLiPD.png?1

"Nice trick." Suda was caught off guard as the girl started spinning like crazy. Suda kept an eye on the girl as she suddenly became what could best be described as a human drill. This was not something he was expecting, only having a bit to brace himself by putting his arms in front of him as the girl's legs slammed into him. This broke Suda's concentration on his orb, causing it to fade away. The girl, and Hibiki, would feel whatever was pulling them to stop.

"Not bad!" Suda said, moving to the side as, presumingly, the girl was send flying farther than she'd expected to. "For a circus act." He said, turning back to Hibiki. She wasn't doing much to help at the moment, maybe he had made a miscalculation. That didn't matter right now, as he turned back to the girl. He had to figure out a way to get her to give him her medals, as pinning her to the floor like that wouldn't work. He cracked his knuckles, excited to be given a real challenge after so long. He tilted his head towards Hibiki. "You doing ok there?" He said, eyes still locked onto the other girl.

Itsuki Watanabe

"well, I'm never one to turn down help from a prospective hero. And, I suppose I don't have much of an idea where anything is here, so yes, I'm lost. Do you know where you're going here?"

"Sure don't!" Itsuki replied with a tone that was a bit too cheerful. He folded his arms behind his head, partially because he wanted to and partially to give off the impression that he appears harmless as he walked towards the girl with long, relaxed strides. "But hey, I figured that if I was gonna be lost, why not be lost with a cute girl? Sounds like a much better deal to me."

Once Itsuki was close enough, he made the attempt to generate a barrier behind the medals pinned to the girl's shirt. There were a few, small flashes of bright, blue light and the girl would definitely feel something pushing lightly against the medals. "Yoink!" Itsuki said triumphantly, holding out his hand where the medals were expected to fly towards, but there was nothing. With a few more attempts, the flashes of light slowly changed from blue, to green, and then to yellow. "Uhhhhh shit," Itsuki cursed. He underestimated how hard it would be to imagine a proper shape for the barrier to fit between the medals and the shirt and nothing could properly form, with the attempts becoming more fruitless as he got more stressed. "Uuhhhh let's start over? My name's Itsuki Watanabe, pleased to meet you?" He said with a nervous laugh.

Diana cocked her head to the side as she walked with Shoshiki, worried that she had said something wrong. He hadn't spoken a word since they had been travelling together, and it was worrying her. How could they be an effective team if he wouldn't communicate with her...?

However, those thoughts had to be pushed out of her mind for the time being. As they trailed Yuuka, another contestant had approached her, though he appeared to be only talking. Keeping her exposed eye peeled, Diana peeked around a building to watch, ready to sprint the first time he made any funny moves. Yuuka seemed to be keeping casual about it, but it still seemed suspect this far into the exam...

"Be ready," She whispered as much to herself as Shoshiki.

And then it happened. The boy seemed to make a move, with colors appearing around the pinned medals. Diana cleared the distance quickly, taking a swing at the boy's head with her left arm, only to be caught off guard moments before impact.

"Uuhhhh let's start over? My name's Itsuki Watanabe, pleased to meet you?" The boy, Itsuki, said with a nervous laugh.

But it was too late. The girl was already in motion, and her left hook collided with his head from behind, sending him sprawling down the road. He was just like them, trying to figure out the way to go... Turning to Yuuka, she motioned to where Itsuki stopped moving, her expression making her thoughts apparent.

"Hey, uh... is it really okay for us to take his medals?"

Kess hated to admit it, but the brief altercation with Misu had more of a toll on her than she would like to admit. That kick had hurt, and now even 2 badges were noticeably weighing her down. More importantly, the cat she had stolen from the girl would not. Stop. Meowing.

"Shut up, goddammit!" she hissed, smacking at the stuffed figure for the fifth time in as many minutes. The cat kept going, as it had the other times. Kess swore. She would never be able to get the drop on anyone with this thing. Not unless she could run up on them from afar, and if all the badges were this damned heavy that was going to add up quickly.

As she slowed to a simple jog, knowing she couldn't use up all her energy to sprint through this test as she had planned, she noticed an odd slope in the ground to her left. She perked up, climbing up a small hill to lay eyes on the wide open sinkhole that lay before her. She could hear the noise of someone echoing up from inside it. Heavy, nervous breathing. She set her badges down beside a tree as she quickly ran over to the sinkhole, looking back with some paranoia at the 2 she had set aside every few seconds. She managed to tear her eyes away long enough to look down and see someone slowly scaling down the wall; One of the other entrants, no doubt. At the bottom was a dummy in the shape of a child. SHe could just catch the glint of a badge on its chest.

Kess sneered as she stepped off the edge, beginning her free-fall. The girl climbing down the sinkhole wall had just enough time to look up in surprise before Kess slammed into her, sending the two plummeting to the ground below, Kess on top of the girl as she was slammed into the ground after the fifteen-foot fall she had before finishing her climb, the air bursting out of her body.

"Hey there," Kess said, panting as she raised a knee to plant it directly on the blue-haired girl's chest, keeping her pinned. "Best watch out, place like this. I'll be nice and accept a toll of one badge for now, but next time... Ooooh, if you don't see me next time, I'll get REAL angry."

"I don't... I don't HAVE any badges," the girl wheezed out, eliciting a frown from Kess. "I lost mine already, I-"

"Already?" Kess asked incredulously, rising into a standing position and walking over to the dummy. "Christ, you're useless." She reached down, picking up the dummy. It was about the size and weight of a toddler, and she reached forward and grabbed at the badge on its chest, yanking at it with some of the power of her Quirk to augment her force. No effect whatsoever. "God dammit to HELL," she swore, turning ts she slung the dummy over her shoulder and walking back towards the edge of the pit. 

Even as she moved she felt a hand grab her ankle. She stopped, looking down at the purple-haired girl who had grabbed her, and was looking up at her defiantly. "That badge is mine," she panted, glaring at Kess.

Kess raised her other foot deliberately. "I'd reconsider that." The foot drove straight into the girl's back, and she released her grip instantly, gasping as she was driven back into the ground. Kess crouched down, knees popping with the effort of her movement. "Every one of the badges in this goddamn place is mine... I'm just being nice and letting the rest of the dregs have some." She jumped up into the air, pushing off with great force, wind blowing back the adversary's hair as she flew halfway up the sinkhole. She grabbed onto the first handhold she could spot, yanking herself up the rest of the way even as the stone gouged into her hand. She landed on the edge, walking over to her two badges. They were still there, undisturbed. She had been quick.

"These fuckers are heavy," she groused, slinging the cat back over her opposite shoulder, marching back into the trees. "Imma need more regular badges if I don't wanna get weighed down," she commented, looking at the one that was attached to her belt. "Which means... I gotta find the others." Her eyes turned towards the cityscape that was now nearby, and her face curled into a grin before she took off, driving a beeline straight towards it.

She did not notice the small, dull red light that had appeared at the back of her ankle when the girl touched her. The girl started her climb up the sinkhole wall, wiping the blood from the corner of her mouth as she closed her eyes, feeling the speed of Kess' movement... And directly where she was going. 

Kess Badge Count: 3

mVvsZap.png?1

As the boy stated that he too had no idea where he was going, and only wished to travel along with her, Yuuka merely seemed to think on the matter. Were he telling the truth, Yuuka wasn't quite sure how well a group of four would in passing this, though she could neither give away her current allegiances and she would feel bad leaving a fellow hero to-be off on his own. Thankfully, she didn't need to make a decision about this as the boy made it for her. Attempting to use some kind of light, the girl felt the pins tugging against her shirt as there seemed to be something attempting to push them off of her. Marveling at this, she thought it was quite a neat ability, whatever it was, that fortunately didn't seem to do much. 

As the boy, Itsuki Watanabe, seemed to double back with his ruse having been figured out Yuuka merely smiled at him. An unnerving smile that held no malice or ill intent despite what he had just done. "I am Itou Yuuka, a pleasure to meet you Watanabe." This greeting was then met with a greeting from someone else, specifically their fist to the boy's head. As Diana had managed to floor the boy in a single strike, Yuuka simply let out a, "ooooh. Impressive." A soft round of applause, later, she looked to her partner, wondering where the other was as well. 

Taking one of the medals off of her shirt and pocketing them, now realizing how easily they could be pried from her, she listened to Diana's concerns as she gave them. Yuuka found the girl's morals to be admirable here and, though it was the most efficient thing to do, could not simply cause the hero to-be in front of her to go against them. "Well, it is the fastest way to clear here. However, we can leave him be and try to find others. I would recommend taking at least one though, after all, if we didn't at least confiscate something from him it would simply be a random act of violence." And so, without much shame to be had, Yuuka walked over to the downed Itsuki to simply take a single medal off of his person.  

ohSLUWk.png

Herc Medal Count: 2

The big bad beetle boy walked down the street, flipping a medal into the air like a coin as he headed down the city. So far, things had been pretty easy for him, just cleaning up a mess of cars and getting a medal. He hadn't seen anyone else yet. Was everyone else just going that fast? Or was he going that slow...? He supposed walking wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do... but hey, it wasn't easy moving his giant body at an reasonable speed. Besides, going slower would let him pick up on things other people would miss.

For example, at the top of a building, there seemed to be a body hanging on to the edge, like a person hanging on for dear life. Thankfully, Herc's quirk was perfect for this. He placed his hands against the wall before pulling himself up, and beginning to climb the wall like a insect. Such a power made it easy as cake to climb, but there was more he had to do. Gritting his teeth, he began to push with his legs as he stood up, and the beetle man began to run up the wall, doing his best to get to the top as fast as he could.

Despite his big size, he managed to climb to the rooftop in record time, managing to grab the body as he pulled himself over the head. Taking a closer look, he could see that it was just a crudely made dummy with a medal stuck to it.

"Of course they wouldn't use real people. That'd be stupid," Herc commented in his head as he plucked the medal from the dummy's body.

Herc Medal Count: 3

Herc stood up, stretching as he stood by the edge of the building, overlooking the fake city. "I gotta say, I like the view. I could make a killin' as a photographer," He mused. "Maybe as a side job," He then took to surveying, hoping that maybe he could spot something other people wouldn't be able to see. It didn't take long to find something.

There was a car, barreling down the street, obviously a danger to anyone around it. Still, it was moving to fast for Herc to realistically believe he could catch. He was about to let it go, when something about the car caught his eye.

"Wait a minute... right... left... left... right... left... left... I got it! It has a set pattern, like it's a computer programming... meaning I can predict where it'll go!" Herc grinned to himself as he took several steps back. He had a chance now. Taking a deep breath, he barreled across the rooftop, leaping when he reached the very edge, trying to land on the other rooftop. He made it across the giant gap, but his landing wasn't perfect, the giant beetle almost falling backwards and off the building. "Damn, that was close," Herc thought as he moved away from the edge. "I bet this'd be easier if I was some sort of spider man...," Taking a deep breath, he ran again, this time leaping to the other roof and nailing the landing. "Not bad, not bad," Herc chuckled. "Much faster than running in the streets,"

The hero in training kept leaping across buildings until he came to the one spot he wanted to be: somewhere far ahead enough of the car that he could intercept it. He began to run down the wall, keeping an eye at the street entrance, seeing the car having just made the turn to enter it. He kicked off the wall, time seemingly slowing down as he aimed for the car, knowing this was his one chance to catch it. He reached out...

Closer...

Closer...

BAM!!!

Herc slammed on the roof of the car, grunting as a sharp pain went through his stomach. Quickly, he used his powers to stick on the roof, catching his breath slightly as the car rushed down the street. Now it was time to stop this car...

How would he do that?

ksARFRH.png

"Not bad! For a circus act."

"Eh!?" The darker-skinned girl scowled at Suda. "Like yours is much better!"

"You doing ok there?"

"Yeah, thanks for asking," Hibiki answered, getting back up to her feet. This other girl was eyeing the pair warily, waiting for them to make a move. Either that, or she was thinking of her own. "And you!" Hibiki called out, pointing at the girl in question. "What's the deal with ambushing other students like that? There's gotta be enough medals around for everyone to pass if you try hard enough, right?"

"Keep dreaming, girlie." The girl did some quick stretches, as she continued "UA wouldn't put us through the grinder like this if we were all passing anyway. No way there's enough medals for everyone, and I've busted my ass way too hard to get stopped at the home stretch. If you won't cough up those medals peacefully, I've got no problem taking them by force!"

"Not if I stop you!" This time, Hibiki took the charge, making directly for the girl, fangs bared... only to get lifted up off her feet as soon as the girl got a grip on Hibiki. The girl's top half spun a few times around in a flash, before releasing Hibiki and throwing her at Suda like any other thrown object.

"Come on, think a bit before charging in," the girl groaned, gripping the sides of her head. "Urgh..."

c8vVeoJ.png

Yuudai was able to successfully navigate back to the alleyway and finally was able to get back into the city. Unfortunately, he didn't see Napalm anywhere...so the chances of him getting his medal back were slim to none. That didn't stop him though. He was determined to get back up to where he needed...he had three, so just about two more would do it. He ran into the street, looking down the road some, trying to figure out his next plan of attack.

Alright, I guess it's time to go this direction. Went through the stuff over there...so let's go. he thought, already running down the street some. However, he heard some tires screeching behind him. "What the...?" Yuudai stopped, before glancing behind him.

BGM

"Watch out, it's a game of Crazy Taxi out here!!"

Yuudai's eyes widened as he saw what seemed to be a runaway car...with a beetle looking guy on top of it. Must be one of the other students...but why the hell was he just standing here watching this thing get closer to him?!

"J-JEEZ!!! Out of the frying pan...into the middle of traffic!!" he shouted, turning around and immediately having his muscles started revolving at great speeds. Damn...guess I'm getting strained later...tank for your life, Shiba!! he thought, already peeling out with the runaway car following behind quickly.

"Hey sorry man! Taxi drivers, ya know? They'll do anything to hike up the fee!"

"APPARENTLY!!!" Yuudai shouted behind him, shaking his head as he kept moving forward. "You seem like you need some help there! Anything I can do? ...ya know, other than just getting the hell outta dodge?"

"I dunno, how good are ya at flipping cars?"

"Ehhhhhhh...not too good unfortunately. This Quirk of mine ain't exactly super strength...just sort of acts like it."

"Well, there goes my plan. Maybe you can get to the side of the car? I can open it up and get you in the driver's seat."

"Alright...yeah I can do that. Gimme a sec!" Yuudai swerved to the side, lowering his speed in order to get right next to the car. "Whenever your ready!"

Herc crawled to the side of the car, reaching out and thrusting his hand through the glass, breaking a hole wide enough for him to maneuver. He fiddled around, looking for the lock, which was quickly found and unlocked. He then opened the door. "Beetle Man's roadside pickup, at your service," he quipped as the door opened.

"Heh, pretty cool." Yuudai chuckled, sliding into the car now, immediately letting his muscles rest...though he felt the straining coming on. Perfect. "Alright, successfully in!"

"Hit the brakes or something, I dunno, something to stop us from running in the 90s. Or... Maybe turn on the radio, get some nice tunes playing."

"Yeah...otherwise we'll be basically making a city escape...probably wouldn't look too good on our entrance exam." Yuudai chuckled, immediately attempting to slam on the brakes, as well as fiddling with the radio. Finally, he felt the car stopping, coming to a slow halt. Yuudai slumped in the driver side chair and sighed greatly, happy that he stopped this moving car. He heard the guy up top from the roof finally speak.

"Nice work bro! So, how many medals you got?"

"Got about three...you?"

"Same. So, feel like a thumb war for this medal or...?"

Yuudai waved his hand slightly in a dismissive manner. "Nah. No need. I sorta just got tangled in your attempt to stop the car. It's all yours man."

"Sweet bro. Thanks!" Herc rolled off the car. "So, you wanna split up? Or maybe... We could be some dynamic duo."

"Hmm...well given I'm already feeling my muscles straining from the use of my Quirk...working together might not be a bad idea." Yuudai chuckled, getting out of the car.

"Sounds good. I'm Herc, you are?" Herc asked as he held out his hand for a handshake.

"Name's Shiba Yuudai. You can just call me Yuudai." he said, shaking the beetle's hand.

Team Up Achieved!!

“That sounds like an excellent idea! Heroes always work better in teams, so it would be best if we get started now! Maybe we might even get extra credit!”

Excellent! With the exam entering the middle phase by now, this will be better for me, and at the very least for Katsurou, though we have to get 4 or so badges before we can go back. A little roadblock that hopefully won't be too much of a problem.

“So, should we take turns carrying this one, or would you rather we each carry one side of it?”

“Nah, it's fine. I'll carry it.” Taro walked towards Katsurou and picked the dummy off him to feel its weight, and it was pretty hefty, however, it wasn't going to be a huge problem in the slightest. Taro moved the dummy towards his left side and began to stuff it into his pocket as it started to compress until he put his entire hand into his pocket. “There we go, no more worrying about some unnecessary baggage, and it's a good thing that it wasn't a real person. Now then, we should at least know what quirks we both have so that we can devise a plan of aataack-” That was unexpected, Taro’s speech slurred for a bit, however, he felt his right shoulder begin to tense up as a voice sounded in the building. "You boys mind if I hold onto one as well? gehe."

Turning around to see another examinee as he had a look of a maniac with a sadistic-looking smile on his countenance, it was sold even more when Taro noticed his knife-like hand? But was it a knife? Whatever the case, Taro began to become a little woozy as the boy continued talking, but it was numbed out as Taro was trying to concentrate on staying upright. Taro was feeling just fine before this guy came, so this wooziness is his doing no doubt. Gaining some composure, Taro spoke up to the intruder, “Look, I don’t think we should fight, but I would rather not give up my badges. So instead, I propose a different means of settling this with a game.” Putting his hands in his pockets, he pulled out a badge and showed it to the boy. “I have here in my hand my first badge, and I want you to figure out which hand it is in. Simple right? If you win, you keep the badge, but if you lose, we leave and you put me back together again because I know you were the one making me woozy with your. . . goop hands? Or whatever they are.” The pressure building up was getting to him as he shook his head to focus as this could mean getting into UA or not. Putting both hands behind his back, he shoved the badge into his back pocket and pulled out a little surprise in each hand for the boy as he stuck his hands out, clenched to save the surprise. “Alright, which hand is my badge in? Remember, it is a 50/50 chance whether you succeed or fail, choose wisely.”

whIkgqw.png

In the time that had passed since the fight, Misu had surely made up for it.  She had run into a large forest fire scenario, which contained flames shooting out from the ground as if they were from a fake chimney.  She merely had to find a way to make the fire die out, and was rewarded with a badge soon after.  She hadn't come up against much resistance besides the one chick, for the most part.  Everyone must have gone to the city area.  That meant badges would be hers for the taking if she ran into anything else that was crazy.  Not noticing where she was walking, something gently clamped around her ankle.  Misu looked down to see a mock bear trap, made out of some kind of rubber, gripping her leg.  She laughed, as she disarmed the trap with her bare hands.  On the top of the trap's pressure mechanism was another badge.  She tried to remove it, but it was the same deal as all the other medals...she wouldn't be able to get rid of the dead weight.  

Misu shrugged, as she threw the trap over her shoulder.  She held onto the chain, as the rest fell behind her back.  

"Two more?  Shouldn't be too rough..."  She said to herself.

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Ah!  He's too quick!"  The girl said, trying desperately to grab him, but running short out of courage.  She looked away, as the boy's arm slammed into her, throwing her off of the ground and on a collision course with Pip.  She let out a painful grunt as the attack landed, and she rammed into Pip's furry body.  

"Lily!"  Pip said, as his kick stopped midway to it's target.  Instead, he opted to capture the girl in his arms.  Pip soared over Valerie, as he skidded on the concrete with Lily in his arms.  The girl's extended arms quickly collapsed in on themselves, returning to their normal state.  "Are you okay?"  Pip asked.

"This was a bad idea, huh?"  

"You're too soft.  Let us handle it."  Pip reached into his pockets, and gave Lily his badges.  "Keep 'em safe...and if we lose, you just keep goin'!"  Lily nodded as she ran off with both her and Pip's badges into a dark alleyway.  Pip stood back up, and turned to Lesnar.  "Now...back to business!"  Pip shrieked, before launching off with a strong first step.  He bolted towards Lesnar, twisting his hips to hit the boy with a swift roundhouse to the head.  

"I have you now!"  Loki said, as his opponent lay prone on the ground.  Both of his fist flared with frost, as the ground beneath them continued it's trail of Ice until it would reach Valerie.  With his hands struck out, he shot icy winds from them in a four way attack.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

“Look, I don’t think we should fight, but I would rather not give up my badges. So instead, I propose a different means of settling this with a game.  I have here in my hand my first badge, and I want you to figure out which hand it is in. Simple right? If you win, you keep the badge, but if you lose, we leave and you put me back together again because I know you were the one making me woozy with your. . . goophands? Or whatever they are.  Alright, which hand is my badge in? Remember, it is a 50/50 chance whether you succeed or fail, choose wisely.”  

The boy looked at Taro with a blank stare, before letting out a low toned laugh.  

"You gotta be joking, right?"  He wiped a tear from his eye.  "I'm supposed to trust you with some sorta game?  You have a quirk right?  You can probably make somethin' invisible if you're so confident in puttin' your own badge up!"  The boy continued to laugh, gripping his stomach.  "You must take me for some kind of idiot!"  He stopped laughing abruptly, before smiling his wicked smile again.  "Game denied, bucko.  You're going to lose consciousness soon...so I can wait until then.  But your friend is in for a rough time."  The boys hands jutted out, as he went for a swift jab with his oozing hands.  "I was able to get a pretty good pressure point on you, card guy!  But you weren't payin' attention!  Now I gotta try!"  

"I have you now!"

"Oh do you?" Valerie responded, smirking widely as the ice crept up on her. She managed to reach her feet as the ice hit. "Let me tell you something. There's no cold I can't handle. All I need...is to push harder!" The flames met the ice and the two elements struggled with each other. While the ice was striking from multiple directions the flames were surrounding the girl. Wherever the ice hit there would be fire blocking its path. And so she surged ahead.

Her body was slowly starting to numb but the fire burned just as hot as before. So she went straight for the source of the ice. Raising a fist as she got closer she fired off a blast of flames once she was within ten feet of him and, right as she did that, she followed the flame's path towards the boy. She wasn't about to let this get to her. If she let the ice overwhelm her she was done for.

So she put her all into this punch, swinging with as much force as she could muster, aiming to hit the boy on the side of his head.

PysLiPD.png?1

"Eh!?" The darker-skinned girl scowled at Suda. "Like yours is much better!"  Suda chuckled, shaking his head. Hibiki and the girl exchanged words, and Suda could see exactly where this was going when Hibiki charged the girl. Suda grit his teeth, acting fast as he focused on the space between the girl and Hibiki. As Hibiki was struck by the girl, an orb formed in front of the bat girl.

Unfortunately for Suda, the pull of the orb wasn't enough to counter act the force that she had been thrown at, especially due to how late it had to be form. Still, it managed to slow the girl down as Suda was sent stumbling back when the girl made impact. Suda grit his teeth as he turned to the girl, who seemed to have some sort of headache. Suda turned back to the girl, remembering what he had heard when she was in the cave. "Whatever you did in the cave, you should probably do that now instead of trying to bite her." He said, stepping back a bit. He placed both of his hands over his ears, hoping that her bat ally would listen.

Lesnar was in full adrenaline mode as he lunged at the hand girl. For a second, he had no idea where he was going until he felt his arm make contact. The impact put much more force on his arm than he anticipated, nearly straining it. He realized that he wasn't one of those heroes in those action flicks he saw growing up, and even to those heroes he figured they only made moves like those look easy. This was a perfect example of how the reality of being a hero was way different than what they make it look like. Regardless, he let the attack follow through as the girl started taking on the brunt of the hit, causing her to be launched in the direction that it was aimed at. With the dispatch, the girl was sent flying in the direction of the demon kid as he went in for a flying kick in Valerie's direction. His timing was right on the money as the kicker withdrew to catch his teammate as she flew towards him, tumbling down the road on impact.

"You're too soft.  Let us handle it." Lesnar could only bearly hear the demon kid speak to the girl as the world around him rung like crazy, "Keep 'em safe...and if we lose, you just keep goin'!"

"Shit, these badges are heavy..." Lesnar grunted as the adrenaline began to wear off, allowing the effects of his strained movements to take a toll on his body. He wasn't exactly the fittest person in this competition, but one thing is for certain. He had to pass. If he didn't it was all for nothing. With a deep breath, he prepared himself as the demon kid came charging back and wound up a roundhouse kick. There it was; the perfect opening. It was too obvious. One of Lesnar's arms began to feel sore, so it seemed to be time for his other arm to get to work. With another surge of force, he propelled himself once more towards the demon kid, finding his path and following it which led his arm to weave right between his legs.

ksARFRH.png

"Whatever you did in the cave, you should probably do that now instead of trying to bite her."

"EHHHH!?" Hibiki shook her head, continuing "No way! It'd hurt your ears too and I lost track of those scary girls and..." But Suda was already covering his ears. With a sigh of defeat, Hibiki took in a deep breath, just as their assailant ran in to attack while they were busy strategizing among themselves. Only to be met with that deafening screech again, at point-blank range. The girl reeled back, hands over her ears as she stumbled clumsily to the floor. But Hibiki didn't let up, going on as long as her lungs would let her before running out of breath. The girl leaned against a nearby tree, trying to recover her composure from that attack.

"What do we do with her? Run? Take her badges?" Hibiki asked, leaning over toward Suda, though keeping her eyes on the girl. Hopefully that scream didn't attract any other unwanted attention.

“Nah, it's fine. I'll carry it.”

At first, Katsurou thought that Taro was simply being selfless. Before he could respond, Katsurou was then surprised as Taro shrunk the dummy to fit in hand, then made it disappear into his sleeve.  

“Well then, that certainly makes things a lot easier then. I just hope Mr. Crash Test doesn’t lose his breath in there!”

Katsurou was about to show off his own quirk when a strange, sweaty boy jabbed Taro in his side. At first Katsurou thought this must be one of Taro’s friends playing a harmless prank on him, but his unnerving, devil-like grin suggested otherwise. The boy’s hand, held in a strange knife-like position, oozed strange slime which appeared to have a powerful paralytic effect, dazing Taro despite only touching him for a moment. Katsurou stood frozen as he went through his lessons on conflict in his head.

"Game denied, bucko.  You're going to lose consciousness soon...so I can wait until then. But your friend is in for a rough time."

As Taro attempts to defuse the the growing hostility failed, Katsurou’s mind began racing. Clearly this fellow student did not have good intentions and was bent on plain highway robbery. All of his uncle’s lessons on reading a suspect’s intent came back to the forefront of his mind. Keeping his hands where they were, Katsurou calmly lifted his orb out of his pack, floating it behind his back as he addressed the intruder.

“Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you,” Katsurou recited out loud, directing the boy’s attention to him, “I do not know who you are brother, but if you leave now, we can leave with peace in our hearts. Wouldn’t you agree that is the most heroic path?”

The boy stared incredulously before letting out a sneering, sardonic laugh.

“Is this guy for real? What a bunch of jokers! Idiots like you don’t deserve to be heroes!”

The boy, then struck forth with imperious speed, hands dripping with venom. However, Katsurou, ready for the attack, swung his orb from behind his back to intercept the strike. Instead of bouncing or cracking upon the metal, the boy’s hands sunk into the orb as if he struck the surface of a still pond. An instant later, the liquid metal hardened around his hands in a solid block, which was then thrust into the ground. Katsurou then jumped upon the metal block, pinning the boy’s hand to the ground, hoping that this would be enough to scare him off.

Itsuki Watanabe

"I am Itou Yuuka, a pleasure to meet you Watanabe," Yuuka said, but Itsuki had only time to open his mouth in reply before a fist slammed into the side of his head, sending him flying towards the ground. Instinctively, Itsuki threw down a barrier just where he would land. With such little time he wasn't able to make one properly strong enough, so the sickly yellow barrier was barely visible with how weak it was. He threw out his arms reflexively, and as they hit the barrier there would be a brief flash of light as it broke into a million tiny pieces. Then, Itsuki impacted against the hard pavement hands-first. A sharp pain lanced through his left arm, but he was at least able to stop his head from hitting the ground hard.

Then everything went black for a moment, and he was awake on the ground as if he had just nodded off. He could make out Yuuka's voice, but could only hear enough to really get the gist of what was going on. ...king at least one though, after all, if we didn't at least confiscate something from him it would simply be a random act of violence." At that, one of them reached down and Itsuki could feel hands patting down his pockets to find where the medals were. As their hands went for the one where all three would be found, their fingers would bounce off a faint pane of yellow light.

"Hey hey hey... at least buy me a drink first... don't I get a say in this?" Itsuki said, his voice slurred as he pushed himself to more of a sitting position. A wave of dizziness washed over him and he felt, for a moment, as if he would throw up. Tentatively he tested his left wrist, but the pain was too much for him to try and see if it was broken. He reached over with his right arm and gingerly squeezed the bone, feeling pangs each time. From what he could tell it wasn't broken, but at the very least it was one hell of a sprain.

Everything started to feel muffled as Taro’s hearing started to give out as it came and went as his head started to swell, however, he did understand that the boy refused to fall for his trap. Taro's mind began to race as he was fighting the pressure that had been afflicted on him. Oh crap, what a predicament! I need to get out of this situation, I’m in a bad spot. . . man, I’m thirsty. . . He could hear Katsurou yelling at the kid something about Christ, though Taro didn’t understand it, the boy lunged at Kat in retaliation to whatever he said to him. Taro ducked out of the way to avoid the kid releasing the debris content from his hands as they damaged the walls and floor to an extent. Looking back at Kat, he could see that he was holding his own as the boy’s hand turned into what looked like a cube as he pinned down the boy, couldn't really tell as his vision began to blur a bit. Nevertheless, and without hesitation, Taro staggered ran towards them as he reached into his pocket and grabbed another debris and slammed his hand onto the boy. “MOVE KAT!” Taro yelled as he jumped out of the way, releasing a slab of debris from his hand as it decompressed into its original state, pinning down the boy. However, going off the boy’s hands, there was probably no time to rest as the slab was a temporary hold, maybe.

Quick! Search his pockets!” Taro reached down as he tried to feel for the boy’s badges while avoiding his hands. After a minute of searching, and hearing muffled sound from the boy, he was able to find 2 badges, but his head was pounding as his shoulder began to become tense and hard. Taro put the badges into his pockets and started to slam his back shoulder into the nearest wall repeatedly in hopes of softening it. “Oooooooookay Kat, I neeeeed you to help mee get back to the gate. I don’t want to leave and take from yoou, but I found 2 badges that you could have if you let me have the dummy. I don’t want myself or the dummy to be a burden on yooou, I'd rather just fail the exam with my current badges than have you not get in. Nevertheless, I do need to see a medical person as soooon as possible unless you know how to fix mee. Today is not my day.” Taro didn't know how many badges Katsurou has outside of the 2 he knows of, but since Kat doesn't know Taro's badge count, this would be a betrayal in the making with some negative consequences, unless Katsurou knows how to fix him, then it will be fine. Who knows, maybe they'll give Katsurou a badge for bringing him back if all else.