Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

Diana_Seigi.png

Well, it is the fastest way to clear here. However, we can leave him be and try to find others. I would recommend taking at least one though, after all, if we didn't at least confiscate something from him it would simply be a random act of violence." And so, without much shame to be had, Yuuka walked over to the downed Itsuki to simply take a single medal off of his person.  

Diana frowned a bit. She knew that Yuuka was right. This was the game plan. But, then, why did it feel so wrong...?

However, as Yuuka tried to get the medal, she was stopped by something. The boy, Itsuki, was using his quirk as he seemed to bring himself back up, slurring something that felt inappropriate for the situation. She watched warily, ready to strike as the boy checked his arm, sighing softly as she realized he seemed to be somewhat out of it.

"If anything other than your hands are hurt, I can carry you somewhere safer." Diana rubbed the back of her head, clenching her left hand. "It's the least I can do if I hurt you. That's fine, right, Yuuka? Shoshiki?"

And no medal for her efforts. The boy clearly had enough of his mind together to protect the medals, even if everything else seemed a bit off. Who knew, maybe Yuuka would manage to get one out of him anyway. Otherwise, this would just have been a waste of time, and one that made Diana feel guilty, no less.

whIkgqw.png

"Seriously?"  Misu complained, as she knelt down to pick up the unconscious, but also incredibly soaked, cobra-headed boy's medal.  "Only one?  You ambush type are pretty pathetic."  Misu stood upright, as she looked at her fourth medal.  The weight of all four she was now carrying was starting to get a bit awkward, and she didn't really have a comfy spot to place them.  They'd just have to make her pockets sag for now.  Now she was on a mission to get her last badge.  As annoying as it was for Misu to not hunt down that girl from before, she still ached to do it.  

However, this contest wasn't meant to test their strengths as individuals...but those who were speedy enough to get hero work done.  This test needed some major tweaks...but what did she even care?  She was still going to get a fifth badge, and she was still gonna get into this stupid school!  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Oh do you?" The girl responded. "Let me tell you something. There's no cold I can't handle. All I need...is to push harder!"

"Don't think I won't do the same!"  Loki retorted.  His icy projectiles seemed to grow larger, but were no match for the extreme heat that this chick was able to dish out.  The girl was closing the gap, as Loki's face turned to that of panic.  A large ice wall erected itself between the two once more, but the girl had anticipated this.  She launched a stream of flames that ate straight through the boys wall, rearing a punch towards his face.  the side of Loki's face started to freeze over, but the punch landed square in his cheek.  The sound of ice crunching could be heard, as the fist dug deep into the boy's mouth.  The light in the boy's eyes evaporated almost instantly, as he fell towards the ground with a loud thud.  

Meanwhile, as Pip soared through the air, he noticed that this was the exact moment the boy had been waiting for.  Even with his incredible speed, it was no match for an opponent who was going to seize on the opportunity.  Lesnar's punch, aimed right between Pip's legs, found it's mark, just as Valerie's did.  Pip let out a high pitched squeal, as he was hoisted into the air a couple of inches.  He wanted to stop his momentum, but physics would not allow for that to happen.  He kept going for a while, before skidding to a stop, cupping his bits with his hands.  He soon toppled over, as he let out a few coughs, before passing out.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Breathing heavily, Valerie tried to relax her body. The flames were still surrounding her. Starting the blaze was always the easy part. Killing it was much harder. After a few moments she was able to lower it enough to lean down next to the boy she had just knocked out without burning him. First she checked to make sure there wasn't any serious damage and then, with some reluctance, checked for his badges. "Just need one. You're pretty tough I'm sure you can make up for it." She took a single badge out of the three he had on him and went back to her bag.

"Seems you managed pretty well didn't you Lesnar? Good work! I'll be heading out now if you want to come with better get ready I'm not intending to slow down."

She took one more glance at their opponents, wondered where the girl had gone, and then called out in case she was within earshot. "Choose your target more carefully next time!"

With that said she picked up her bag and began to head out. Where before she had moved slower, needing to be on the lookout for badges, now she took off at a sprint. She'd need to get back to the entrance before someone else decided to ambush them. She wasn't sure how long her flame could possible last at this rate.

Valerie shivered slightly. Not much time at all.

Although the maneuver was rather rash and prone to catastrophic failure, Lesnar followed through. Again, tucking and diving to sway around the playing field, Pip's leg was but a mere obstacle to dodge as Lesnar's arm managed to find its way down between the demon kid's thighs, landing a blow right where the sun don't shine. Just like last time, the impact did a number on Lesnar's other arm, leaving them both mildly damaged and in pain along with some psychological pain felt in his own balls as he felt the one's of the victim contorting to the crushing force that befell them. Once the attack followed through, Lesnar took that moment to find friction, however his feet could not do the job as his center of gravity kept going and caused him to fall and tumble. Even though it wasn't as bad as it would've been without the help of the soles of his shoes, he had enough tumbling on concrete as shown on all the scrapes on his skin.

Regardless of how an olympic judge would rate the landing, Lesnar took a second to let out a loud groan of pain as he slowly got to his feet, heavily slouching from exhaustion. It was all worth it, though, as he saw Pip lying there out cold. Seeing this while the world around him was driven silent by the monstrous ringing in his everything was quite the mixed feeling, but the one that stood out was satisfaction. He had won. As he limped over to grab the last badge, he looked over to Valerie, seeing that she has gotten a victory of her own.

"Seems you managed pretty well didn't you Lesnar? Good work! I'll be heading out now if you want to come with better get ready I'm not intending to slow down." Lesnar knew Valerie was speaking to him, but it was only until near the end of her statement when it was made remotely clear. Anything she had said before that was a murmur that was drowned out by tinnitus and delirium. He figured she was congratulating him. Based on that assumption, he counted his badges to realize he had all five needed to pass the test. It wasn't until he saw her booking it in the direction of the entrance when he realized it wasn't over yet.

"Ugh, of course..." he groaned, letting out a sigh as he jumped and shook to loosen up for one last push, "Well, guess I'm running." He knew he couldn't use another surge, at least not right now. He started to sprint, despite how not in shape he was. Within a couple minutes he found his breath starting to feel like dust was sticking to his throat, but he would have to recover once he was through. He would eventually catch up with Valerie as she made the same attempt.

"Oi! Wait up!"

mVvsZap.png?1

The girl had attempted to retrieve a medal from the downed boy, essentially frisking the boy until she found the pocket where she figured they were. As she moved to take one of them out, the girl's fingers were stopped by something decidedly not a pocket, to which she merely seemed curious about what was going on. As the boy still seemed to be conscious, she figured this was related to the thing he had attempted to use to take her own medal off, though couldn't really tell the specifics behind it. All the same, it had seemed now that he would offer further resistance and fighting him as he were would be much more like thuggery, Yuuka's plan had seemed to hit a dead end. With Diana seeming to think so as well, Yuuka looked to the woman and said, "well, that sounds fine by me. Watanabe, was it? Do try to be less underhanded with your fellow classmates." 

Turning to her team, the girl said, "well, I suppose this was a bit of a bust. Finding the badges, though, would probably be still too much effort for us as a group, so, shall we continue on with the plan or would you rather a different approach?"

"Oi! Wait up!"

Valerie chuckled. He still didn't get it, did he? "No way!" Valerie called out, finding it a bit harder to shout while running. "I don't stop for no one! Told you before you wanna follow me you're gonna have to keep up! I'm aiming right for the top man and it's a steep climb!"

She grew a bit more at ease as they entered the forest section, leaving the bustling city behind. Sure there were still possible areas for ambushes but she had to figure the people who were lurking here weren't the type to engage in combat so easily. At least not as easily as the city groups.

Valerie was forced to slow a bit to avoid tripping over roots, which would give Lesnar time to catch up if he wanted, but it seemed to not matter much as she'd manage to get back to the gate that was their destination without incident. Her headphones, still around her neck, continued to pump out music. Having not bothered to turn it off yet. She was just surprised it didn't break during the fight. She had been too into it to even realize.

Still the song playing seemed pretty fitting.

She had made it after all. Adding to it she had a suspicion she might have been one of the first back. And then she saw a lone figure. The samurai looking man from the opening ceremony, if that's what it was, seemingly waiting for people to reach this stage.

She slowed to a jog as she noticed him. Suddenly on alert. They hadn't mentioned what would happen when they got back, had they? She didn't want to lose it all here. Still, there was no use in being too nervous. This was an important moment after all! "Heya Teach! I guess you'd be Teach, at least, right? Is this a welcome part or a final test sorta deal? Cause either way I'm ready for it!"

Kess exploded into the city, looking around for anyone who looked like an easy mark. Her badges were all on her, the girl having used her belt to lash the child dummy across her back, the cat clutched in one hand, still letting out intermittent garbled calls. She cursed loudly as she thrashed it around in the air. The damn things were so unwieldy. It was a fight to maintain top speed with the awkward dummy on her back. The badge at her waist she had started with felt heavier and heavier with the significance it held: Less annoyance.

Where, where were some of the weaker ones. It was at this point that Kess' attention was drawn by a car reeling down an adjacent street. She paused, darting into an alley to get a closer look. Two students looked to be trying to stop a car. Why the hell they were doing that, Kess didn't know, at first. It was only when she saw the car coming to a stop and the large, beetle-shaped individual prizing a medal from it that it dawned on her. 

"Motherfucker... There ARE some that aren't this goddamn heavy," she swore, clenching a fist. She reached over, raising the lid of a trash can. She unceremoniously dumped the dummy inside it, cinching her belt back around her waist. She paused, then swore as she took it and used it to lash the cat doll to her back. The damn thing kept getting noisy anytime she was away from it. Of course the speaker actually worked when she didn't need it to. She placed the lid back on the trash can as she heard one of the boys, the smaller one, speak:

"Hmm...well given I'm already feeling my muscles straining from the use of my Quirk...

That sounded like a fine invitation to her. She turned, and streaked down the alleyway, jumping up into the air as she reached the street. She sailed through the air, landing in a crouched position on the roof of the car, slamming her knee down into it to send the chasis slamming down into the pavement, the axles snapping as the car collapsed to the earth. She stood high on the destroyed roof, grinning at the two boys. The big insectoid freak, he looked tough. But Yuudai, on the other hand...

"Nothing personal, kid," she said with no small hint of satisfaction, snapping her leg up in a kick aimed directly at the boy's head with intense speed and power.

PysLiPD.png?1

Hibiki seems to be concerned about his ears, and rightfully so as she let out a powerful sonic blast. Even though Suda was behind the girl and kept his distance, the attack still made Suda's ears ring. He made a mental note not to get on this girl's bad side as Hibiki stopped. "What do we do with her? Run? Take her badges?" Hibiki asked, leaning over toward Suda, though keeping her eyes on the girl. Suda, however, was already moving.

"We take her badge and move on." He said rather coldly, placing one of his orbs right in front of the ground of the other girl. Just like before, the orb pulled everything around it, and didn't seem to phase Suda. This time, however, it pulled with much more power than the other one; even Hibiki would have to resist the pull despite being relatively far from it. He gave the girl a smirk as he slowly walked up towards her. "I'll be taking my badge now." He said, extending an arm out at the girl. The pull from the orb would make it hard to even budge if she were on top of it. Suda grinned, proud of himself, his eyes still on where the orb was.

Katsurou barely had time to react before Taro stumbled forth and released a great slab of rubble from his sleeves, pinning the knife-handed boy beneath hundreds of pounds of concrete and jagged rebar.

“Quick! Search his pockets!”

His mind, racing from adrenaline, did not spare a moment to consider the moral implications of stealing from a thief. Katsurou simply complied, digging through the boy’s pockets, taking care to avoid the wild flailings that flung venom across the ruins. Taro started to stagger away with two badges in his hands when Katsurou found a third badge in the boy’s pocket.

“This must be the badge he started with…” Katsurou thought, his mind slowing. He looked towards Taro as he nearly fell over his own feet, then back towards the boy trapped under the rubble, searching for an answer. After a few moments, Katsurou let out a sigh and ran to catch up with Taro, leaving the boy’s badge on the top of the pile.

It became plainly obvious that Taro was in no condition to continue. His sense of balance was shot and his speech was heavily slurred. Just as he was about to completely fall over, Katsurou ran up next to Taro and put the boy’s arms over his shoulders. Katsurou had to focus to interpret Taro’s mumblings.

“...I neeeeed you to help me get back to the gate....I'd rather just fail the exam with my current badges than have you not get in...”

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to let you fail due to sabotage. I’ll get you to that gate. How many badges do you have? If you need another badge to pass, I’ll give you mine,” Katsurou replied as he carried Taro back to the gate, following the broken asphalt road he entered the city from.

After several minutes of slow travel under the oppressive sun, Katsurou made it back to the entrance. The proctors attending the gates did not look so surprised at Taro’s condition, walking out to meet Katsurou.

“Tenkara-san has been poisoned by another student! Please help him! I’m not sure if the poison will cause him harm!” Katsurou implored.

“If he doesn’t have five badges, he will fail the test,” the proctor said plainly as they took Taro out of Katsurou’s arms.

“He should have all the badges he needs! If he needs another, he can have mine!”

Katsurou took out his own badge and offered it to the proctor with his head bowed, hoping that his meager offering would be enough.

c8vVeoJ.png

"So Herc, what areas around here have you currently scoured?" Yuudai asked the beetle man, blissfully unaware of the impending danger that was to befall him in just a few short moments. "I got about to the one crosswalk and down that alley back there...other than that, nothing huge on my e-"

"Nothing personal, kid,"

Yuudai was more or less caught off-guard at the moment by this red-haired woman just appearing out of nowhere in a flash, crashing on the car. His eyes drifted towards her, and he felt like he was caught in slow motion as she said this and immediately started swinging her leg. In an instant, he barely had enough time to block, but he was kicked and knocked back a ways.

"N-Ngh!!! W-What the hell...?!" he shouted, being knocked back and trying his best to get his muscles to grip and slow him from being sent too far away. Unfortunately, he started feeling the straining in his muscles again, which more or less caused him finally to fall over a bit. "T-Tch...f-figures..." he grumbled, sitting up slightly and looking at the red-haired woman who was still on the roof of the car. "N-Not cool...not cool at all!"

ohSLUWk.png

"So Herc, what areas around here have you currently scoured?" Yuudai asked, making Herc stroke his chin, thinking to himself. "I got about to the one crosswalk and down that alley back there...other than that, nothing huge on my e-" Before the sentence could be finished, a girl crashed into the car, exerting enough force to cause the machine to collapse. 

"Nothing personal, kid," she said, flying forward and connecting her foot into Yuudai's head, knocking the boy back, who to his credit, managed to stay up longer than one would expect from a semi-normal looking human with no super strength. It happened so fast Herc wasn't able to react to the kick at all. That didn't fare well, but he was also caught off guard...

"N-Ngh!!! W-What the hell...?!" Herc's partner called out. "T-Tch...f-figures..." he grumbled, sitting up. "N-Not cool...not cool at all!"

"Man, hope that taxi driver had insurance," Herc quipped before reaching down and grabbing the front edge of the broken car with both hands. "If not, well, I bet he'd flip out," With that, Herc threw his arms up, flipping the car upwards.

Hey, it was self defense, right? Right.

Itsuki Watanabe

"If anything other than your hands are hurt, I can carry you somewhere safer." Diana rubbed the back of her head. "It's the least I can do if I hurt you. That's fine, right, Yuuka? Shoshiki?"

"Nah, 's good," Itsuki said, his speech becoming a little less slurred but still rough around the edges from the slang. "I'll prolly be fine carryin' my stuff anyways."

"well, that sounds fine by me. Watanabe, was it? Do try to be less underhanded with your fellow classmates."  Yuuka said, which seemed to slightly annoy Itsuki.

"Hey hey hey, whaddya call this, then?" Itsuki said, pointing at the spot on his head where he was punch. No doubt by now a bump was forming. But, she turned around anyways and addressed her group, especially regarding the issue of badges. Itsuki sighed and stepped into the circle. "Hey, for not killin' me or whatever, I guess I could share. There's a building a coupla' blocks that way," Itsuki pointed down the way he had come, "that had at least one badge in there. Maybe more, I dunno. It looked like it could fall over any second, though. Seemed like too much trouble so I let 'em stay. I haven't told anyone yet so, if you wanna go that way go for it. Too much work for me anyways."

GNwSEA5.jpg?1

The man looked to the forest and city respectively.  There had been a lot less explosions than he thought there would be, but he supposed that was a good thing.  Less work for the cleanup crew.  It was almost sundown by this point, and no one had yet to come back to the gate.  Were they all fighting among themselves for a badge?  There were plenty to find without resorting to such tactics.  However, as he looked towards the city again, he could see the faint outline of a girl.  The outline made itself clear in a matter of seconds, as they rushed up to him.  

"Heya Teach! I guess you'd be Teach, at least, right? Is this a welcome part or a final test sorta deal? Cause either way I'm ready for it!"

"Teach?!"  He said, a bit shocked.  "I guess that would be the word for it, huh?  I've never had a student before."  The man looked to the ground, entranced in thought at the prospect of being a master to some oblivious fool trying to be a hero.  "Ah."  He said, with his eyes still closed.  He looked back to Valerie with a nod.  "Very perceptive as well.  Yes this will be a test of sorts...it's nothing major, but I'll be judging your character as a hero in training.  But I'll wait for everyone else to arrive before the time limit before asking, okay?"  

“Tenkara-san has been poisoned by another student! Please help him! I’m not sure if the poison will cause him harm!”

One of the students had slipped past him in his daze, as they rushed another to the proctors directly in front of the closed gate.  

“He should have all the badges he needs! If he needs another, he can have mine!”

The man walked towards the two, placing two fingers over Tenkara's jugular vein.  

"This boy is under the effect of a very effective nerve sedative.  He'll be fine, he just needs the effects to wear off."  He took Tenkara off of his hands, and placed him gently onto the ground.  "He should wake up soon.  His pulse is strong, so he must not have been too thoroughly poisoned.  As for you, you were very good to have brought him back here."  

whIkgqw.png

"At least I wasn't the first one...that would have been pretty embarrassing."  Misu said, walking up towards the group with all five medals in her arms.  "Barely anyone went to the forest, so I had a pretty easy time finding these freaking things."  Misu groaned, as she dropped them to the ground with a collectively loud thud.  "Now what was this I heard about a last test thing..."  Misu's eyes narrowed towards the Samurai.  "We gonna have to fight ya?"  She asked, tipping her hat towards him.  

The Samurai laughed and shook his head.  

"No no.  This isn't going to be a test like that..."  He put a finger over his lips, as he spoke with one eye open.  "My Quirk would be too much for you all, even if you were to attack me all at once."  

Misu grinned with amusement.  

"Oh?  Well I love to fight strong people...so that's a shame."  Misu looked towards the girl who had seemingly gotten here first.  "You like to fight?"  She asked.  Eyeing her thoroughly, she continued.  "You got the body for it."  

"If you have any questions for me until the end, go ahead and ask me."  The Samurai said, before taking out a western comic and flipping through the pages.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

"Nah, 's good," Itsuki said, his speech becoming a little less slurred but still rough around the edges from the slang. "I'll prolly be fine carryin' my stuff anyways."

"well, that sounds fine by me. Watanabe, was it? Do try to be less underhanded with your fellow classmates."  Yuuka said, which seemed to slightly annoy Itsuki.

"Hey hey hey, whaddya call this, then?" Itsuki said, pointing at the spot on his head where he was punched.  

Diana frowned at Itsuki's retort. The plan was solid enough, but it also led to her knocking him silly. Sure, there was no one truly put out of omission or even forced out of the exam, but all the same...

"Hey, for not killin' me or whatever, I guess I could share. There's a building a coupla' blocks that way," Itsuki pointed down the way he had come, "that had at least one badge in there. Maybe more, I dunno. It looked like it could fall over any second, though. Seemed like too much trouble so I let 'em stay. I haven't told anyone yet so, if you wanna go that way go for it. Too much work for me anyways."

"Ah, maybe we should... Thank you. Though, I'm not sure if any of us have quirks that help us go through a falling building like that..."

Diana looked over to Yuuka and Shoshiki, assessing. Yuuka didn't seem like the type to be able to so athletically topple a building like that, but maybe Shoshiki could... if he would stop moping. But, the test had been going for a long time now, so gathering badges quickly was probably what they needed right now. Who knew when it would actually end?

"I guess we don't have any better options, so let's go, yeah?"

"No way! I don't stop for no one! Told you before you wanna follow me you're gonna have to keep up! I'm aiming right for the top man and it's a steep climb!"

"Ugh, good grief..." Somehow Lesnar knew he was only wasting his breath with friendly suggestions, but he expected this kind of response nonetheless. Even though they were almost done, it made sense that slacking off towards the end had led to many downfalls, which he kept in mind as he continued to make the final sprint. Even though Valerie sounded rather winded herself, she still managed to stretch her lead towards the gate, which waned his spirits slightly. However, he didn't slow down. Despite how physically and mentally exerted he was, it would have to wait until he was safe behind that fence.

With Valerie now basically gone from view until the last several meters, Lesnar could see her talking to one of the teachers. He expected to have to converse with him as well until he saw him bolt out into the field, presumably desperate as he had hardly noticed Lesnar. Lesnar instinctively slowed down to look back in curiosity, but he immediately snapped out of it for one last couple of seconds to get through to where Valerie was standing. At last, he was safe and victorious... at least he assumed.

"Heh... looks like I caught up with you once again..." Lesnar wheezed as his body crumbled to the ground, leaving him lying prone and nearly unconscious.

He had made it. Now it was time to rest.

Edited by Thar

As it turns out she was the first to arrive. Though more started to come in shortly after her. She'd wave to each new arrival with a feeling of accomplishment at having reached their first.

The teacher, though he seemed still unused to the idea, had mentioned some sort of test of character. She was certain she'd breeze past it but was starting to get a bit impatient. Bouncing back and forth on her feet, keeping up her temperature, and waiting as more people came in.

A nervous seeming boy who had brought in an injured student. Which made Valerie recall Lesnar. She wondered how far behind he had fallen after all.

Yet another person arrived while she pondered this. They asked the teacher if they were supposed to fight him and the man's response caught Valerie's interest. "What kinda Quirk is that?" She asked.

"You like to fight? You got the body for it."  

Valerie smirked. "Oh, I know." She responded. Turning to face the woman she pointed a thumb at herself. "As for fighting. Suppose you could say I like it. More I like two people putting their all into something to test their limits. No reason to fight otherwise though."

"Heh... looks like I caught up with you once again..."

"Ain't that right Lesnar!" Valerie said, glad to see the boy had managed to make it. "Oh, guess you're outta steam. Whoops."

ksARFRH.png

"We take her badge and move on."

"Got it." And then Suda made another one of those gravity orbs, which even with the distance between it and Hibiki, was still tugging on her. She took a few more steps back, not quite liking the feeling of the extra gravity. Taking this girl's badges while she was helpless on the ground seemed kind of cruel... but then again, she was going to do precisely that to Hibiki in that cave, wasn't she? Suda seems really powerful. Not hostile like those other girls, but I should still try to not get on his bad side.

"I'll be taking my badge now."

"Not while I've got anything to do about it!" the girl spat, trying her best to get up and keep fighting despite the painful ringing in her ears and the gravity pinning her down. While she was still able to rotate just a little bit, the most it amounted to was her just flopping around on the floor. Certainly not something that could stop Suda from checking around and finding not one, but two badges on her person. "Give those back!"

"Let's get going." Casting a glance to the girl, Hibiki sternly said "Don't follow us, or I'll scream again. I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to get your badges." And with that, the bat girl started leading the way away from the pinned-down assailant, as she continued spewing out a stream of what sounded like little more than enraged nonsense.

"Wait!" she called out as Suda would have turned, though. "Your name. I want to know who humiliated me like this."

Suda gave the girl a smirk, pointing a thumb at himself. "Suda Hiroharu, the one and only."

"Suzume Tachibana. Don't forget it."

That's kind of a cute name. Shame it's on that type of person.

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka had merely smiled still as Itsuki pointed to the forming bump on his head, but was grateful for the information he provided to them. Looking to Diana the girl shook her head saying, "unfortunately, my quirk isn't suited for that at all. But I'm sure either of you could do it easily." With a look of reassurance on her face, the girl then looked back to Itsuki and said, "thank you again Watanabe. I hope to see you back at the entrance." Walking away from the boy she looked to the other two and said, "shall we?"

As the group made their way to the building, along the way Yuuka had noticed something. The area they had passed by looked like it had been in a bit of a scuffle, and more then just something the test takers were likely to generate. Seeing a glint of light amongst the wreckage, Yuuka briefly wandered over to it, noticing it to be one of the pins they were looking for. Inferring that it must have belonged to another of the test takers and they simply lost it in the chaos of fighting something, Yuuka simply flashed it to the others. "Lucky us." 

Continuing their travels onward, the girl saw a mannequin standing next to a fire hydrant. The hydrant itself looked like it was ready to burst at any moment and it looked like the mannequin was in position to be shot at by the water that was bound to come out of it. The group managed to get the mannequin out of the way, and as they did the hydrant burst showing that it indeed would've struck the mannequin with high pressured water. When the water subsided, there was a small pin on the ground. Picking it up, Yuuka's count was now at four. 

With those distractions out of the way, the group managed to correct their course and finally get to the building that Itsuki had mentioned. Seeing that it was much more suited for someone with an athletic quirk, Yuuka gestured saying, "well, this is where you shine now." 

Don’t worry, I’m not going to let you fail due to sabotage. I’ll get you to that gate. How many badges do you have? If you need another badge to pass, I’ll give you mine,”

“Oh. . . Weeeeellll I have 4 outside of your dummy, let’s leave it as that and here is 2 for you I got off of gooooooopman over there. But I’ll hold it until we get baaack to the gate.” Taro’s knees buckled a bit as Katsurou quickly caught Taro to stabilize him ass they started to make their way back to the entrance, with Taro emptying out his pockets full of debris he collected during the exam. It was a long walk as most of Taro’s body starting to go limp from his arms down towards his legs. Taro quickly pulled out the 2 badges from earlier and gave them to Katsurou just in case he couldn’t give them to him. By the time they made it back to the gate, Taro was barely walking as Katsurou was carrying him by that point. Taro body was limp with only some of his legs and left arm still functioning to a point, right arm completely relaxed and unmovable. As they approached one of the teachers, the ninja guy from before came over and placed his fingers on Taro’s neck.

"This boy is under the effect of a very effective nerve sedative.  He'll be fine, he just needs the effects to wear off. He should wake up soon.  His pulse is strong, so he must not have been too thoroughly poisoned. Taro was placed on the ground as he was swapped from Katsurou to the ninja. By the looks from his peripherals, he wasn’t the first one back, though how long does Taro have to wait before he can take out his badges, including the dummy that will burst out from his pocket if it isn’t taken out in about 5 hours. Hopefully, it won’t last that long. . . will it though? Looking back at Katsurou, he gave him a thumbs up then proceeded to wonder why this happened to him. In the back of his mind, he could've seen this entire day gone better, like staying in bed and disregarding the Wizard's command.

Well, I guess this is my life now. . . Been shocked, soaked, poisoned, and immovable. . . Could be worse though.

Itsuki Watanabe

"Ah, maybe we should... Thank you. Though, I'm not sure if any of us have quirks that help us go through a falling building like that..."

"Thank you again Watanabe. I hope to see you back at the entrance."

"Yeah yeah, don't mention it," Itsuki said. "Just don't get crushed by rubble or whatever." Itsuki waved at them and continued on his way, nursing his wrists as he walked along. The pain had dulled, but it still hurt whenever he tried to move them. Even if the rest of the medals that he managed to find were easy to get, taking them back to the entrance was going to be a task in and of itself.

As he continued down the city streets, he came across a group of students that only seemed to have a couple medals to their name, at least based on what he could see out in the open. In fact, one of them seemed to have their stash sticking precariously out of his back pocket, and when the students dashed off down the street two of their medals dropped to the pavement with a clatter, but they were too long gone to notice. At first Itsuki thought it would be another easy pick, but Yuuka's words range in his head and he hesitated. He started to call after the students to tell them, but there was really no sign of them. Was it a trap, or were they really just that dumb?

Either way, if it was too late to help them get their medal back, then it would just be a waste anyways. Itsuki bent down to pick up the medal, cupping it between both his hands to keep from moving his wrists too much, while also keeping an eye out in case it was a trap. But it wasn't. "I guess they really were just dumb," Itsuki muttered as he slowly stowed away both medals and made his way back to the entrance.

Diana_Seigi.png

As the duo arrived at the building, Diana realized Shoshiki had disappeared. With a frown on her face, she had to accept it. Curiously enough, he had slunk off without taking his badges with him, leaving the two girls with a total of 8 badges. Two more was all they needed, and this crumbling building looked promising enough.

"well, this is where you shine now." 

Taking a deep breath and nodding, Diana stepped forward. "Let's see what we can find!"

With a quick glance of her surroundings, Diana ran in. The staircase to the upper levels was still there, but it looked like it could fall apart at any moment. As much as she would have loved to avoid taking it, the ground floor looked to be nothing but a lobby, with no sign of the badges... So up she went. Her suspicions were proven correct as she began to climb, parts of the staircase crumbling away a she stepped on them, nearly causing her to lose her footing. One of them even managed to cut her ankle a bit, eliciting a small cry from the girl as she landed on the next floor at last.

Holes covered the floor here, where they had clearly experienced some sort of fighting, but the overall stability seemed to be higher. Some of the holes from the floors above seemed to be all the way to the sky, so even some sunlight made it through. And, as she followed one of those beams, she saw a glint in the corner of the hallway. Being careful not to take any risks, she made her way and scooped up the badge, giving a quick fist pump in victory. 

"Just one more to go!"

The rest of the floor seemed to be empty, so she had to continue up the perilous staircase... or did she? Looking at the ceiling, she located a hole a little bigger than her. Bracing herself, she kicked her uninjured foot a bit, smirking. Bending her legs, she made a leap, barely managing to grab onto the edges of that hole. After that, pulling herself up to the next floor was easy, quickly taking note of the room she was in. It appeared to be a classroom, at the back of the building. Even if someone had braved this building earlier, they likely didn't head this far back to look. Of course, this proved true when she found one laying against the blackboard. Scooping up the final medal she needed, Diana dropped back down the hole, to the second story, and headed towards the front.

However, as she walked down the hallway, she made a misstep in her happy haze. As the floor began to fall out from under her, Diana used her other leg to force herself towards a busted window, barreling out of it and towards some trees. Managing to grab one with her right hand at the last minute, she swung hard, almost going half a cycle with the hand clenching tight. Yet, Diana showed no signs of pain from the rough rubbing on her hand, where she should have at least gotten a rug burn. With a sigh of relief, Diana dropped to the ground and headed back to the front, flashing the badges with her fingers in a V and a grin on her face.

"Alright, that's all of them, Yuuka!"

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka gave a small round of applause as Diana made her triumphant return with the badges in hand. With that done, they were now at a total of ten badges together, a bit disappointed that two of them were effectively stolen. Nevertheless, they had completed their task, and Yuuka merely said, "good job Diana." Looking the way they had come, she followed by stating, "well, we should probably get headed back now." Leading the way, happy with both her and her teammates passing of the exam requirements, the duo eventually found their way through the urban setting and back to the starting area. 

Upon reaching there, Yuuka had seen one of the teachers from before waiting, along with a small collection of students already there. Looking to Diana, she said, "well, it looks like we're far from the first done here. Though it makes sense." Looking to the rest of the students, regardless of the current atmosphere hanging around the area, Yuuka had simple smile on her face as she gave a small round of applause to them. "Great job on making it back everyone." Whether Itsuki was there or when he made his way back, the girl would look to the familiar looking boy saying, "and I'm glad to see that you made it back just fine as well, Watanabe." 

PysLiPD.png?1

"Not while I've got anything to do about it!" the girl spat, trying her best to get up and keep fighting despite the painful ringing in her ears and the gravity pinning her down. Suda shook his head as he reached over, searching the girl for a badge. Much to his surprise, the girl had 2 of them. Score! "Give those back!" Suda chuckled, putting the extra badges away.

"We should get going." Suda said to Hibiki, ignoring the girl as he walked away. Hibiki seemed to be on the same page, both of them walking away from the girl.

"Wait!" she called out as Suda would have turned, though. "Your name. I want to know who humiliated me like this."

Suda gave the girl a smirk, pointing a thumb at himself. "Suda Hiroharu, the one and only."

"Suzume Tachibana. Don't forget it."

"Suzume Tachibana... not bad." The silver haired boy said, the orb disappearing completely. He turned to Hibiki, scratching his chin. "That little fight took a bit longer than I'd like... we should probably hustle to get the rest of these badges." He said, looking around the area, groaning slightly. "At this rate beetle has a good shot at beating me." He shook his head.

A good start, Kess thought to herself as she sent Yuudai backwards. The big one, though... He would be a problem.

"Not my problem, whiner!" she yelled at Yuudai, bending her knees as Herc grabbed the bottom of the car. Her timing was imperfect n the kick, so her leap up into the air was lopsided, awkward. She swore loudly. She was slipping. The hit on the car had taken more of a toll on her than she thought. Was she really going to run out of gas here?

It was then, from her vantage pint s she flew into the sky off her own and Herc's momentum, she saw them. Several of the other participants scrambling through the city streets, all funneling towards them. Some of them caught sight of her, looking up in surprise and hurriedly adjusting course to put themselves behind cars or buildings. But all of them had one thing in common: Badges. Not many between them, certainly; The most she could openly see on any of them was three. But they all had them, and they were all running towards her.

She sneered at the sight. Dregs, she thought vehemently. They think just cause I'm outnumbered they can take me?

"Screw you!" she shouted, as she started to fall back towards the ground. She trained her eyes downward, funneling power through her legs as she flew towards a light pole. Her feet slammed into then, then lighted off, sending her hurtling towards a group of them on the ground. They let out cries of surprise as she knocked into the front two, sending them falling to the ground like bowling pins.

"The hell are you doing here, eh?" she called out loudly, turning her head to get a look at all of them as they closed around her, Herc and Yuudai. "You've all got something that belongs to me... And I'm takin' 'em NOW." She reached down, yanking the badge from the belt of the kid below her, punching out as four of them surrounded her, kncking one of them directly in the gut with a super-powered kick. She winced even as the kid was knocked ten feet back, her ankle twinging with pain. SHe swung her hand, crashing fist and the heavy badge into another's sternum, letting out a call of challenge:

"I don't have time for you idiots! I'm gonna be a goddamn hero!"

Kess' Badges: 4

Katsurou heard Taro faintly mumbling and pointing at his pockets. Katsurou didn’t catch what he was saying, but as he leaned in to hear what he was saying, he felt his pockets feel strangely heavy. Standing back up, he put his hands in his pockets, only to feel the familiar heft of two badges. Looking back to Taro, he could see him crack as wide of a smile as his paralysis would allow, clearly satisfied with his little ruse. Somehow, he must have enough badges to pass the exam and gave him the stolen ones from that student.

“Thank you, Tenkara-san! I will not let you down!”

Placing the badges into his bag and giving a quick bow, Katsurou dashed back towards the city to find two more badges.

---

Katsurou stopped in the shade of ruined wall to catch his breath after sprinting from the entrance. The creeping feeling of desperation started to seep into the back of his mind as he scanned his surroundings for another potential badge. Time was running short and other students have already got their five badges. He feared that all the badges had been found already and that he would be forced to steal from others.

Letting out a big sigh, Katsurou leaned in the wall and closed his eyes to focus his mind on the task at hand, only to be roused from his meditation. Faint at first, but as the deep bass of his heartbeats calmed in his head, a small and high pitched sound repeated from within a pile of rubble nearby. Turning his attention to the heap of broken concrete and twisted rebar, the sound could be heard again, muffled and distorted.

“So much in the way...But there’s not enough time to look elsewhere…”

Pulling up his sleeves, Katsurou set to work pulling the concrete chunks away from the source of the sound. The blocks were heavy, but small enough to be pulled from the pile by hand, hitting the dry ground with dull thuds. With every block, the sound got slightly clearer, sounding more and more like a child’s voice. After several minutes, Katsurou reached what appeared to be a makeshift cage made of twisted rebar, with a child-like mannequin curled up inside it.

“Help me! Help me!” chirped the mannequin, its metallic voice almost too energetic to represent a scared trapped child.

With the end in sight, Katsurou cleared the concrete until there was enough space to slip himself inside and with a grunt, bent a hole into the rebar cage out of the way. The gap was tight, but with a bit of effort, he managed to reach far enough to grab onto the back of the mannequin’s shirt and pull it out.

Now in the light, Katsurou was able to get a better look at the chirping mannequin. Much to his surprise, he saw that it was clutching a pair of medals in its crossed arms. Upon seeing them, Katsurou’s heart began racing again, but this time in excitement. The test designer must have put this here to reward those who were patient or lucky as he was. Thanking God for the good fortune, Katsurou place the mannequin over his shoulders and ran as fast as he could back to the entrance.

---

When Katsurou finally reached the entrance, he slowed his pace to a sluggish walk. A few of his fellow students have already finished and were decompressing from the strenuous task, with Taro now lying limply on a stretcher. Eager to put down his burdens, he found his last reserve of energy to dash towards the entrance, past another group. However, the exhaustion got the best of him, causing one of his steps to fall short. Instead of the photo finish he intended, he stumbled past the gate and into the ground. Katsurou could help but laugh as he pulled himself off the ground to hand his badges off to the nearest teacher.