Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

whIkgqw.png

"Jeez."  Misu groaned.  "How much longer are they going to make us wait?!"  She tapped her finger on her arm, looking to the girl beside her as if she had an inkling of an idea of how long the wait would be.  The girl put her hands up in a defensive gesture, flinching back.  Just then the wall adjacent to them lit up with a screen.  Ms. Hitotsume's wily grin contrasted the seemingly expressionless Sharp Shogun.  Seeing their teacher's faces on the big screen made Misu's stomach feel uneasy, and that grin wasn't helping any.  

"Wait no longer students!  The time for part two of your exam is right now!"  The screen transitioned to a rapid slide show of each pair of students, eventually slowing down to a crawl.  On Misu and Lily's screen, that wannabe magician's face came up, along with another student she didn't seem to recognize.  It must've been his 1-A partner.  Misu grinned. 

"I know you lucked out partnering up with me, but we really lucked out going up against that dweeb."  Misu laughed.  "He ain't nothin' special."  

Lily made a dissatisfied grunt.

"We. Are. All. Special!"  She stomped the ground with her foot.  "And Kibo is no slouch!"  She stuck a singular finger in Misu's face.  "Rule number one in the hero industry is to never underestimate the opposition!"  Misu stared at the finger, and then back to the girl.  Her eyebrow twitched, as she went to chomp at Lily's finger.  Lily recoiled, as she let out a frightened squeak.  The 1-B student could only laugh.  

"It ain't underestimatin'!"  She stretched her arms out.  "It's just a matter of facts!"  

Across all the other rooms, the displays read differently, but it was clear who was fighting who. 

Valerie and Pip  v.s. Yuuka and Yuri

Hibiki and Rock v.s. Yuudai and Kabo

Herc and Rei vs. Suda and Suzume

Diana and Miku vs Katsurou and Perry

"And now!"  Ms. Hitotsume's voice came out again.  "Let's set the stage!"  The background of the screen now flickered intensely with many different sights flashing behind the faces of their opponents.  It slowed down after a moment, only for it to land on the visage of a snowy mountain peak labeled 'Tundra'.  The floor beneath them rumbled intensely.  It felt like the whole room was moving with them in it.  Lily lost her footing, and fell on her knees from the intensity.  Once it died down, the screen that had shown their opponents faces fractured apart.  On the other side, the would see the other two.  Across all the other rooms, it would be the same. 

Valerie and Pip  v.s. Yuuka and Yuri (Soccer Stadium)

Hibiki and Rock v.s. Yuudai and Kabo (Swamp)

Herc and Rei vs. Suda and Suzume (Subway Train)

Diana and Miku vs Katsurou and Perry (At Sea)

"The objective in this competition is to either incapacitate your opponents, or place a pair of dummy Quirk-Neutralizing handcuffs on them."  Two pairs of handcuffs were presented to both sides.  Misu pocketed hers.  

"Yo, Magic boy,"  Misu taunted,  "You want me to knock your lights out, or you wanna get cuffed?  I'll at least let you choose!"  

"Yoshino-San!  That's rude!  You remind me of Omashi."  Just then, a cold wave of air hit them, as the room started to tremble once more.  Snow seemed to be blowing from what seemed to be the ceiling, as the top of the room had indistinguishably changed to that of a stormy winter sky.  Misu's screen seemed to jump from her body at the sudden arctic blast.  She was definitely not dressed for the occasion.  

"This is bad."  Misu warned Lily.  "It'll take my Quirk a little more time in these conditions to work...we might be at a disadvantage here after all."  Lily seemed to smile at that fact.

"Serves you right, huh!?"  Lily teased, triumphantly. 

"Whatever!  Let's just make the first move!"  Misu roared.  "I'm gonna send you dweebs flyin'!"  Misu went to leap, but her muscles hadn't absorbed enough steam, so she went with a rather direct approach.  The snow was hampering her movement somewhat, as she rushed towards Taro.  "Grit those pearly whites, Magic Boy!"  She said, as she launched a punch towards him.  Meanwhile, Lily began to grow many feet taller, as she started stacking her legs ontop of one another.  

Valerie and Pip  v.s. Yuuka and Yuri

Yuuka...Yuuka...what was her Quirk again? She only really remembered that the girl was rather quiet. Not very heroic seeming. She thought perhaps the girl was kind? Though that could only be because she didn't stand out as much as some of the more outgoing students.

In the end what really mattered was if Valerie thought they could beat her. And since no one in her class got to that level she wasn't too concerned.

"So it's just a couple other students? No problem, thought we'd have to fight a teacher or something. This'll be a snap."

"Yuri's kinda bouncy...hard to get a read on her. But her quirk's pretty simple. She just makes super dense smoke...but it's kinda like a 'her world' type deal in the smoke...you know?"

"Not sure I get it but..." Valerie turned to face the two directly, standing straight and proud, "all I gotta do is blow whatever they send my way back right?" Having said that one of her arms reignited, though not to the same extent as before. She had to take care of this fast. She couldn't imagine she had much more in her. And while she could she would prefer not to have to show herself in that state.

The ground rumbled and she had to crouch a bit to keep her balance. As they stood there green turf rose up from the ground. The same could be said for the entire room. Even beyond the entire room it seemed. As the room began to stretch out, to more resemble the rectangular sports field it was becoming. The faux-grass ended up covering the entire room.

On both ends of the field the ground, in a small square, slid open and soccer nets popped up. Each with a picture of Hitosume's face, giving an exaggerated wink, on top.

As they stood there something fell down from the ceiling and hit the middle of the field. A simple, plain, soccer ball. It hit the turf and bounced. Once. Twice.

On the third bounce Valerie made her move. She started running towards the pair and, with a grunt, shot out a gout of flames rushing towards the other girl. The one from the other class. She would end this before it began.

Katsurou did not have to wait long until the empty room was filled with activity. A large screen appeared in one of the walls of the room, displaying Ms. Hitotsume wearing a devilish smirk next to the stoic Sharp Shogun. As the anticipation grew in his chest, he began muttering a prayer under his breath hoping to bury it.

"Wait no longer students!  The time for part two of your exam is right now!"

The screen scrolled through the various pairs of students, including Katsurou’s fellow 1-B classmates, eventually stopping on a ragged Diana and an unfamiliar student. The implication of having to fight someone he rescued with unease and confusion. Would she give pause if she knew he saved her, or perhaps she would be spiteful for not helping her fight Crimson? Before he had time to consider this, the screen changed again.

"And now! Let's set the stage!"

The screen once again scrolled through various images, this time of landscapes, before stopping at a picture of the sea. At once, the room became an assault on the senses. The whole room shook as if hit by an earthquake; the blaring of a klaxon was muffled by the roar of rushing water; and the glowing screen suddenly shattered, revealing the adjacent room. When the room settled, Katsurou found himself standing on one side of a large boat opposite to Diana, surrounded by a miniature sea, complete with the smell of salt and the sound of gulls.

"The objective in this competition is to either incapacitate your opponents, or place a pair of dummy Quirk-Neutralizing handcuffs on them," said Ms. Hitotsume as pairs of metal handcuffs descended from the ceiling in front of the four students. Katsurou attempted to control them with his Quirk, but found that they were completely immune to it, acting as if made from plastic. As Katsurou took his and hung them from his belt, he called out to his opponents.

“It is good to see you are well enough to pass your first trial Seigi-san! I only hope that Winker-san and I can provide you a proper challenge for your second!” he called with a pleasant smile and a bow before taking a fighting stance, bring his orb behind him.

“Winker-san, please be careful. Seigi-san is a powerful fighter with exceptional speed and strength from her Quirk. I’ve seen her fight with grievous wounds. We must handcuff her as soon as possible! Please stay close!”

"Ah!  She..uhm...she sounds...uhm...she sounds like quite...uhm...the handful..."  Perry stuttered, looking around him as the tides began to rise.  "I'll turn my...I'll turn my...I'll turn my handcuffs invisible."  He said, demonstrating his quirk.  "When it's in my hands....uhm...I can control if it's invisible or intangible or not...but if it's not...then it has a time limit depending on how big it is..."

“Good plan! When Seigi-san gets close, I will try to disable her. When I do, make your move with the handcuffs!”

Katsurou trained his eye on Diana, waiting for her to make a move, ready to intercept it.

c8vVeoJ.png

"...so what's your name, Napalm? I at least need to know that...otherwise I'll be calling you Napalm the entire time. I also recall a good portion of your Quirk...its more or less your hands or hand-prints make things explode, am I wrong?"

"Why don't you figure it out later, eh tractor boy?"

"T-Tractor Boy?!" Yuudai glared at the white haired youth, before lifting his left index finger. "First of all...my Quirk is called TRACTION, not Tractor! Second, I'm trying to be a bit friendly here. And we're supposed to be partners here...so how am I supposed to help when I don't know the Quirk of my partner?"

"You'd think you already got a good look of it when I trapped you in that rubble!"  He said as he laughed.

"Hence why I'm asking..." Yuudai groaned, rubbing between his eyes. "Okay, fine. If you want to go that route, I'll explain mine. I happen to have these chain like muscles and they run the length of my arms and legs. Basically, they can rotate at high speeds and can grip onto small objects and the terrain. At the moment...that's the extent of it."

"Oh wow."  Kabo said, looking Yuudai up and down.  "I didn't think it could get any lamer than that."

Yuudai by now was getting extremely annoyed by his "partner" and he wanted nothing more than to watch him fail in this excerise. Unfortunately, that wouldn't befit what a hero did...nor would it help him in the long run. He wanted to make a retort, but the wall adjacent to himself and Napalm lit up with a screen, showing Hitotsume and Sharp Shogun. That did remind Yuudai that Sharp Shogun was the teacher for 1-A. So that teacher got stuck with the lout that he was a partner to...lovely. A quick list showed off the list on who they were fighting...and he sort of felt a pit in his stomach.

Hibiki and Rock v.s. Yuudai and Kabo

Hibiki? Man, wasn't expecting this at all...and I guess his name is Kabo then... he thought, taking a deep breath, he exhaled sharply and shook his head. "...look...you don't like this situation, I don't like this situation. Little cooperation for this exercise and then we can go back to hating each other's guts. Sound fine?"

"Why don't you just sit back and watch the fireworks, chum?  I can handle these two all on my own."

"...you don't listen do you?" Yuudai shook his head. "It's a mock battle with partners...we have to work together. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of pitting two students against one another?"

"I don't play nice with others."  The boy snapped.  "How many times do I gotta say it?"

"And I don't particularly enjoy individuals who think they're higher than others!" Yuudai snapped back, clenching his fist slightly before exhaling again and began to stand down. "...fine...at this point we should be fine. I know what Hibiki can do...and you know this 'Rock' person's Quirk so we should be fine."

Oh how wrong he would be. At this point, the area shifted slightly and what was just a normal room was now a large swampy area, complete with plenty of swamp water...definitely authentic due to the strong smell emanating from it, trees with a lot of overgrowth and vines dipping and bending from the swampy water, as well as some sort of disheveled looking animatronic, taking some sort of appearance of what Yuudai could only assume was an ogre. That there was most likely there for flavor and to get a laugh...but in this situation, Yuudai couldn't laugh.

We might've been fine if this was just a normal looking battlefield...but swamp area? Hibiki may have the high ground here...literally...and if his Quirk is more or less explosions, he's screwed. Yuudai thought, sighing greatly.

Diana and Miku vs Katsurou and Perry (At Sea)

"<Great...>" Diana muttered in English, "<Against him in an environment in his favor...> Anything you can tell me about your classmate, Miku?"

"Perry?" Miku asked, nodding slightly. "His Quirk is...well, a little weird to say the least. He calls it Ambidextordinairy. Short gist of it, his left hand can make things invisible..." she paused, making a few motions with her hands to signify 'invisible'. "Annnnnd the right hand basically turns things intangible.

"That's just plain weird!" Diana quickly replied, recoiling just a bit, "And unpredictable... Is it just while they're touching, or is it like, tap and move on?"

"That...honestly is a good question." Miku started, before knocking her head slightly with her hand. "I should've asked more about his Quirk back during Study Hall. Man, if it was anyone else's, I probably could've told you more about them."

"<Damn...> And it's not like Katsurou's one we want to face either, especially on the sea like this. His quirk is Flowing Metal... and it gives him the ability to control metal with his mind. Doesn't even have to touch it or anything. It's kinda <nuts>."

"Wait what?" Miku asked, shaking her head in disbelief. "He just has the ability to control metal with his mind? That sounds like some hax there...still, we may be able to take the victory in this."

"We'll have to strike instantly... And I'm sure that Katsurou is going to expect me to go straight for him. It sounds like Perry's not that much to handle on his own, so..."

Diana picked up the handcuffs with her right hand, twirling them on her pointer finger, "So, the question is, do you think you can get these on him in an instant if I throw you?"

"Hmmm, well I'd say between the two...Perry." Miku said with a firm nod. "He's a bit skiddish, in some situations...least he acts like it sometimes. If we can scare him enough, we can get it done!"

"<I see...> I'm not sure how well that'll work out for us. If we don't get Katsurou the moment we start, I'm not sure if we'll even have another shot... I guess we just have to do what we can."

"Hmmm...you may have a point." Miku nodded. "Then you take point and we'll get Katsurou first then!"

"<Alright!>" Diana grinned and held out her left hand for a shake, "Just be ready. With how hard I can get you started, with your quirk, you might be a bit faster than you're used to."

"Sounds like a risk I'll be happy to take." Miku said, shaking Diana's hand in agreement. "Let's do it!"

As Katsurou gave Diana a wave and a call, she simply waved back. If this plan didn't work, they probably lost... But it was all they could do. She didn't feel confident facing him. She didn't feel comfortable with the anger welling up inside of her. It wasn't his fault, but even so, Diana couldn't help but grit her teeth. She had no intention of losing this, no matter the disadvantage.

Looking to the boat, it looked like the command station of the vessel could serve as a way to keep them from being seen too soon, but it also obscured their own view of the opposing duo. Diana looked at her right hand and clenched it tight, taking a deep breath. It may not be how she wanted to win, but she still had a few tricks up her sleeves. And for that, she might have to let on more than she would like.

The blonde produced a hairband from her pocket and quickly tied her hair into a ponytail, allowing her prosthetic eye to see the... well, synthetic light of day. Perhaps the shock would have an impact on her opponents. 

"So, do you want me to chuck you around the command center, or over it?"

Miku began to stretch slightly, cracking her knuckles before smirking over at Diana. "Let's be safe here...over it."

"Oh? And here I thought you said safe!" Diana laughed a bit, before kneeling and lacing her fingers together, palms up, "Then hop on, Miku!"

Miku gave Diana thumbs up, before hopping aboard. To her, this would be amazingly awesome, or pretty much the most idiotic thing she's ever done. Either way, it was a risk and she loved this stuff!

Diana pushed so hard on the ground that she hopped off it, her hands propelling Miku into the air at a break neck pace! As Miku shot up, Diana landed and gained her composure, sprinting around the right side of the command center. Even if they realized what the plan was, hopefully they couldn't handle both of them at once!

mVvsZap.png?1

As the matches came out, Yuuka but  a hand to her chin looking at her opponents. Valerie Clark and someone named Pip. Putting a hand to her chin, the girl began to think about what her opponents had in store for her. Yuuka, naturally, didn't know much of anything about her opponent in the form of Pip, figuring that quite like Yuri he was from another class. She did, however, know who Valerie was quite well; though it would be more of a shock if someone from her class didn't. She was a person who had always made her presence well known and her determination in being the best of the best was something that she was able to see often in her physical activity. Yuuka had figured that between the two of them, the match up itself was not the best for her. Which was more of a good thing than anything else, as there was no one that Yuuka had believed she would match up well against and for her to do so would be problematic for that person's status as a hero. 

All the same, Yuuka thought it would be best to understand her opponent, and so she looked to her partner. "Ah, it's Pip!" Yuri exclaimed, pointing at the monitor as if reading the girl's thoughts. "He looks a little scary, but he's super nice."

Putting a finger to her chin, the girl mused, "I see..." It was not much to go off but was certainly a start. Deciding to fill her partner in as well she said, "that girl is Valerie Clark. She's quite physically able and tends to go all out all the time in what she's doing so, it would do best not to dawdle or take it  slow against her." As the two groups were eventually met with each other, now on a soccer field, the girl looked across to see that her fellow classmates's arm was already ablaze. Naturally, it had appeared that the advice she had given Yuri was quite accurate, as Yuuka could only assume that her arm being on fire meant that she was ready to battle. 

As the soccer ball bounced up and down, it had seemed that readiness was even more than she gave the girl credit for. Without warning the girl shot a gout of fire at the both of them, and though Yuuka was prepared for her  to do something this was not quite it. As such, she was late on her dodging, and felt a very scorching sensation on her side as she winced in pain from the flames. All the same, the girl did not retaliate and simply stood where she was with a smile on her face. "My, my. Not even a hello first? That's certainly rude of a hero, but well, I look forward to facing you both all the same." 

PysLiPD.png?1

“We’re against Rei,” Suzume muttered, grinding her teeth with every word. “Alright, listen up, show-off. I don’t like you. I like her less. Let’s kick her ass.” Pointing at the beetle she didn’t recognize on the monitor, the girl asked “Who’s he?”

“Him?” Suda said, smirking. “Well that’s the one and only Beetleman!” He said, before turning to Suzume. “Don’t worry, as long as you stick to my plan this’ll be easy.”

“Ohhh?” Arms crossed and incredulous look on her face, Suzume replied “Please, tell me more about this master plan. I can’t wait to hear this.”

“I told you this back in the other room!” He said, shaking his head. “I knew you were weak, but dumb too?” He let out a laugh. “Just stay out of my way.”

“That’s not a plan at all, dumbass! That’s the opposite of a plan! Look, if we’re going to be a team, we need a plan as a team. Even if it’s just… I dunno. Keep Rei pinned down in one spot. Her Quirk lets her go back to a spot she marks, so it’s really hard to keep her down if she’s allowed to run around. As long as this beetleman isn’t made of steel or something, I should be able to crack his hide open.”

Suda simply rolled his eyes. “Sure, sure, we’ll do it your way. But when this inevitably fails we go back to Plan S.” He said, pointing his thumb at himself.

“I’m not sitting on my ass while you do all the work. Especially not while you do all the work.” Suzume’s limbs spun around sporadically for a bit, as she continued, “If you don’t work your ass off, you have no place as a hero. Catching the bad guys or helping the good guys, you don’t get any of that done by twiddling your thumbs. Like hell I’d start doing that now.”

Suda let out a laugh, turning towards Herc and Rei. “Ya know, that’s the smartest thing you’ve said all day.” He cracked his knuckles. “Let’s just hope you aren’t all talk.”

ohSLUWk.png

The two teammates looked at the display, both trying to come up with some sort of plan.

“Team combat,” Rei pondered aloud, looking over her opponents and environment on the display. She glanced at Herc’s sizable physique next. “Do you have trouble with trains?”

“I dunno, I’ve never been in one. Guess we’ll find out today,” He looked up at the screen, seeing Suda. “Man, I’m not sure I wanna try facing off Suda in a confined space… but at the same time, it could be fun. Got a plan, chief, or are we just winging it?”

“Hmm...” Pointing at Suda on the monitor, Rei asked in response, “Do you know what his Quirk does? With your size you might have trouble moving around, so it’s better to plan around them than around us.”

“Suda makes big black balls of gravity, right? And… well, dat’s it, that’s all I know,”

“It will have to suffice,” Rei sighed. Moving her finger over to the display of Suzume, Rei explained “My classmate - Tachibana Suzume - is capable of rotating her body, be it just parts or the whole thing. It doesn’t sound like much, but it allows her to become mobile and hit very hard with inertia and momentum.”

“So this tight place is as much of a detriment to her as it probably will be to me…,”  Herc muttered as he looked at the subway car. “Okay, I’m getting a plan now. Let’s do it,”

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

As the next phase of today’s training came, the screen zoomed on. . . Misu. "Aww dang. We get the hothead of the class as our opponent." Taro said as he stood back up. It might be over before it began if he was going against Misu. Sure, Herc was be a problem fight at best, but what could Taro do against her?

"Misu? Is that the girl that looks all delinquentish?" Kibo asked, starting to twiddle his tail, looking at the board. "...and she has Lily as her partner? Oh boy."

"Yeah, the delinquent there. She is an up-close fighter. Though you seem troubled by Lily, was it? What's her deal?"

Kibo nodded and kept twiddling his tail. "Yeah, Lily Orchid. Her Quirk...well, let's just say it's interesting. It sort of makes it where she can be...okay you've seen those Hindi depictions of their various deities, right? Namely the ones with a lot of arms?"

"Yeah, so she can make like-" Before he could finish, the stage started to shift as Misu and Lily came into view of the two boys. On each side of the field sprung 2 pairs of handcuffs as they were made to nullify quirks. Misu started to jeer at Taro declaring they have declared winning this battle, she might be right, but ignoring her is best at this moment as he needed to know how to deal with the fight to be. Picking up both handcuffs and handing one to Katsu, "Well, I’ll take both unless you want to have one." Just then the temperature changed drastically as hard winds blew in and snow started to fall as the field became white within a few seconds. To think, the world has really become a thing of the future for sure, but this might be a game-changer if it plays outright. Taro felt a tug from his hand as Katsu took the handcuff from Taro's previously extended hand.

"I'll take one for myself..." Kibo exhaled heavily, taking one of the handcuffs, putting them in his own pocket. "...here's hoping things go well...though I'm really not liking this snowy terrain..."

"I am a huge fan of snow actually, but yeah let's try to make good use of the situation." Just then, the battle ensued as Misu, taking no wait, ran towards Taro at a high speed and swung her fist at him. Predictable as it was, Taro ducked out of the way as he quickly swung the handcuffs towards her extended arm in hopes of cuffing her for that punishable opening move.

ohSLUWk.pngPysLiPD.png?1

The sound of wheels on rails, the passing sights of a city, this was indeed a train. If it were Rei on her own, she would be able to manage just fine, but Herc’s presence here was… detrimental. “No civilians,” Rei observed, looking around at the empty seats. “That does give us a bit more freedom, but try not to damage the train too much.”

“Look, I don’t know what you want me to do,” Herc commented as he looked around, his shoulders scraping against the poles. “I either damage this a little or I’m not movin’,”

“That’s inevitable,” Rei agreed, albeit reluctantly. “Hence the use of ‘too much’ instead of ‘at all’.”

“Woah, that’s a pretty big beetle,” Suzume teased. “It’s a shame my partner can’t do something more useful like shoot out bug spray.”

“Whatever the hell I can do is better than you can do!” Suda shouted, crossing his arms. “What, are ya gonna polish his armor to submission?”

“Can we change a polishin’ to a back massage, because being in this train is givin’ me cramps,” Herc piped up.

“Cramps aren’t the only thing you’ll have. Not sure what pretty boy over here can do to you with his Quirk, but you shouldn’t underestimate a spinning object.”

“Ah, she thinks I’m pretty. Thank you, you have no clue what it takes to get ready in the morning, it’s such a nightmare,” Herc quipped.

“If we just let them bicker among themselves, they may knock each other out for us,” Rei suggested from behind her partner.

“As if! Team Suzume, roll out!” Without any further warning, Suzume spin her torso around viciously, before leaning over to touch one of the poles in the train with her hands. The high-speed rotation caused her to rocket forward on the touch, effectively shooting a human missile at Herc and Rei.

Suda whistled as she watched the girl ricochet towards the opponents. “Not bad, Suzy!” Herc meanwhile, was hit directly on the chest, the force of the attack pushing Herc back slightly, causing him to bump into Rei.

“Ow,” Herc said flatly as he looked at the tiny human projectile. He looked down at Suzume, who had stopped spinning due to the impact. “You wanna try that again, or should we just keep going for real?” He asked, reaching out and patting her on the head. Suda couldn’t help but laugh as he watched Herc pat his teammate.

“Grr… quit laughing and back me up already!” Suzume barked at Suda, her head snapping around to face him. “And you!” she continued as her head spun back into a more natural position. “I’m not some stray puppy, get your gross bug hands off me!”

“With a neck like that, you’re more like a stray owl than a puppy,” Herc commented, “But alright, no more hands,” With that, he launched a giant kick into Suzume’s gut, propelling the girl back and into a crash course with her teammate.

Suda, seeing the girl flying towards her, acted quickly as he deployed one of his orbs in front of Suzume. She would feel the orb pulling on her, slowing her down as she eventually bumped into Suda. “Alrighty then.” Suda said, cracking his knuckles as the orb dissipated. “I think we’re ready to start this for real now.” He threw his arm forwards, placing one of the orbs right below Herc. He would feel the orb start pulling him towards the ground with great force.

Herc fell to his knees, and the giant used to his hands to keep himself propped up. He didn’t expect Suda’s control over gravity to be both so strong and so precise.

“One of those gravity balls you talked about?” Rei asked. She raised an eyebrow in surprise though; it was strange that she was unaffected. “Hold still for a moment.” The girl stepped up onto Herc’s back, running forward toward the two. Just after stepping off of the beetle, Rei snapped her right hand’s fingers, leaving behind what could be described as a hologram of herself as she moved forward, watching Suda and Suzume alike for any movements.

“Alright, I’m…,” Herc gritted his teeth as he slowly fought against the gravity field. He managed to get one foot in front of him so he was now only kneeling on one knee. “I’m right behind ya, Rei,” With a loud grunt, Herc managed to get himself back on his feet, standing proud in the gravity. “Let’s kick their asses,”

“What!” Suda shouted, his face morphing into one of genuine shock. “How… how did...” He felt himself panic for a second, completely losing focus on the orb as it faded into nothingness. Just how strong had this guy had gotten since he first saw him? Or had he always been this strong? He shook his head. He grinned, although he was clearly still shooken. “Well this got a bit more interesting!” He turned to Suzume, who was still recovering from the kick. “Hey! Quit standing there and help me!”

“Don’t have to tell me twice.” With the shock of the sudden impact wearing off, Suzume readied  herself to start fighting in earnest. This would be one tough bug to squish.

whIkgqw.png

As Misu charged in with her wide swing, she noticed that Taro had already prepared himself.  The boy dodged under her arm, her arm careening over him, as he made a move to let her do all the work in handcuffing herself.  Misu felt something tug at her waist, and pull her back, the cuffs almost clacking against her wrists.  She was being reeled in by Lily, who was absorbing her arms into herself like some sort of fleshy tape-measurer.  With a shiver, Misu was plopped back down into the snow beside the girl.  

"That was a close one."  Lily sighed, placing her hands against her chest.  "If I were to lose my partner so early on, I wouldn't stand much of a chance myself."  Misu's eyebrow twitched at the girl.  

"What's with that attitude, huh!?  You're tryin' to be a hero, aint'cha?!"  Misu's body started to steam once more, melting most of the snow around her.  "One day, it'll just be you versus some villains, all by your lonesome.  You gonna give up then too?"  She saw the girl gulp out of the corner of her eye.  "Fight like I wasn't here..."  She groaned a bit before scratching the back of her head.  "And thanks for that save.  This dude's trickier than I thought.  Now here's what we're gonna do."  Misu began to whisper to the girl, and once she was finished, Lily had nodded.  She began to walk up to the two fighters again, this time approaching the other boy.  "It's your lucky day Taro...I don't feel like beating the snot out of you just yet.  I'm gonna take it out on your partner instead!"  Misu ran up to the two boys, only to stop a few yards short, noting Kibo's positioning as she did so.  She gathered all her might, and let out a vigorous roar. 

"CHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"  A burst of steam erupted from her body, covering the snowy mountain peak in a cloud of vapor.  It wouldn't stay hot for very long, but it would obscure their visibility for a brief moment.  

With a burst of steam power from her calves, Misu jumped into the air at an angle, bringing herself down in Kibo's general vicinity with another steam power surge coursing through her biceps.  

Meanwhile, Lily began to sprout multiple arms that slinked under the snow, like some sort of root system composed entirely of arms and hands.  She made sure to curve them around the foggy cloud, and would grab anything she came into contact with.  However, she could tell that the time it would take for her to react would drop considerably, as her nerve endings were being stretched to their absolute limits.  

ksARFRH.png

The matches were confirmed. And Hibiki was fighting against... Yuudai! He was the redhead with the muscles, right? And his partner was, fitting for someone in 1-A, somebody she'd never heard of before! As the arena around them changed and Hibiki was met with her foes, her shoes suddenly felt rather wet. And this place kinda smelled. It was... a swamp!? Hibiki would be lying if she said this was an ideal environment, but now that she could fly, that would be alleviated. Or so she thought, until she started forward much in the same manner as she had with her previous flights... then tripped on a tree's roots, falling face-first onto the murky ground below.

Gross.

Hibiki got back up to her feet, eyeing her opponents over. "Hey, Rock," the bat girl said. "Have you got a good throwing arm?"

"I see... That girl is Valerie Clark. She's quite physically able and tends to go all out all the time in what she's doing so, it would do best not to dawdle or take it  slow against her."

"Got it. Go for the throat!"

When the arena changed, Yuri was thrilled to see she and her teammate were now in a large sports stadium, facing off with her opponents. "Hi, Pip!" Yuri looked around, distinctly less thrilled at the lack of stands filled with adoring fans. But surely the teachers were watching this fight! Close enough... for now. But a soccer field... oh yeah. This was her element. Before Yuri could make much of a move though, the 1-B girl ran forward, and blasted fire directly at Yuri! With a yelp of surprise, the girl dove to the side, barely avoiding the tips of her hair getting singed.

"What was that for!?" Yuri exclaimed, as she hurried back up to her feet and started sprinting toward her foes. From her body, a thick trail of black smoke was left in her trail. "Not even a hello first, I'll show you!" Yuri continued forward, until she was just a bit past the soccer ball in the middle of the field, before sharply turning to the side, obscuring the enemy views of the ball. She turned back around, making a beeline for the ball, which she proceeded to kick directly in the incredibly rude girl's direction with more oomph than her tiny frame would suggest she had.

"I was on the soccer team in junior high, I'll have you know!"

ohSLUWk.pngPysLiPD.png?1

“Well… we’re waiting,” Herc said after a tense few seconds of staring. Although it was only a few seconds, it felt like three weeks had passed by.

Suda turned to Suzume. “Well, ya gonna spin at him again or something?” He said dryly, before a thought came to his head. “Actually...” Without waiting for her answer, he formed an orb right in front of her. In seconds she would feel the orb pull on her towards Herc.

“Move forward a bit, and leave her to me,” Rei remarked. Herc obliged, slowly moving in front of the hologram-like apparition and taking a stance. He wasn’t sure what she was doing, but he would trust her for now.

As Suzume was shot forward, legs rotating and ready to kick into some beetle husk, Rei dived into the girl, gripping her with her right arm. Rei snapped her left hand’s fingers, returning herself to the checkpoint that was now just behind Herc. Rei made sure to immediately let go of Suzume afterward, causing the darker-skinned girl to rocket down the train car, crashing spectacularly into the wall at the back. “I can take care of her. You focus on your classmate!”

“Kick his ass!” Suzume called out from the back. “Then help me with silverbitch over here!”

Herc looked over to Suda and shrugged before speaking in his evilest, graveliest voice he could manage. “We’re not so different, you and I. The girls are limiting our true potential. We could be rid of them, and rule this train!” He then dropped his voice back to normal. “Or you know, be able to actually fight at full power without worrying about squashing them,”

Suda grinned. “As fun as it would be to kick Suzume’s butt for a second time.” He said, cracking his knuckles. “I’ve got a train to catch.”

“Shit, that was pretty good,” Herc muttered under his breath. “Even worse, I don’t have a witty train pun,”

“Sounds like you’re thinking on the wrong track,” Suzume said from the back, getting up to her feet and facing her classmate.

“Now I’m losing my train of thought guys!” Herc called out. His mind was whirling, he needed a really witty remark here. He couldn’t lose this mental battle! “Alright fine, then the pain train has left the station!” Herc called out, knowing deep down it was not as good as Suda’s quip. He took off, charging at his new rival.

As Suda watched Herc start charging towards him, he raised his arm upwards, releasing another orb onto the top of the train. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to toss Herc around easily, even with his newfound mastery, so instead he was going to toss around what he could - himself. The orb pulled on Suda as he jumped, pinning him onto the ceiling as gently as he could. With a thud, he watched as Herc charged onwards beneath him. “It’s over Herc!” He shouted. “I have the high ground!”

“You underestimate my power!” Herc called out as he skidded to a stop. He then grabbed onto the wall, climbing up its side and clinging to the ceiling. He then charged once more at his opponent, a new plan forming.

Suda was shocked when Herc started climbing on the walls of the train, although it was fitting. As he watched the massive beetle man began to charge towards him, he started reducing the force on his orb, dropping him gently towards the ground.

Herc watched as Suda gently floated to the ground like he was the messiah. It was neat and all, but he couldn’t let him get away with it this time. Herc took a mighty leap, tackling Suda in the air and sending the two crashing towards the ground and the girls.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

"My, my. Not even a hello first? That's certainly rude of a hero, but well, I look forward to facing you both all the same." 

"Not even a hello first, I'll show you!"

"A hero needs to act fast if they're ever going to save anyone!" Valerie shouted back. Didn't they get it? They weren't training to be sport stars or politicians. They were training to fight criminal scum. There was no polite greetings where villains were involved so why would she bother here?

Valerie saw the girl run around. While the smoke was annoying she didn't think much of it. If that was all she could do Valerie wasn't worried. They'd have to come in close to hit them either way and the moment they did she'd roast them.

She didn't expect the ball to come flying in and hitting her in the side of the head.

Her vision blurred for a moment as she got her bearings again.

"I'll have you know!"

What she'd have her know Valerie didn't know. But what she did know was that she'd have to be on the lookout for projectiles.

Even with that she wasn't concerned about the smoke girl. For now she'd focus on her own classmate. She still wasn't sure everything that the other one could do but she remembered some of Yuuka's abilities. And remembered that she didn't seem very combat ready.

One on one would be much easier than two. With that in mind she turned from the smoke and went after Yuuka. "Show me what you got!" Valerie said with a wild grin. She aimed her arms backwards and shot out the flames behind her. Propelling her faster towards the girl. As she approached she brought one arm forward to try and blast her on the way forward. The fire was weaker than before. Already she could tell that she was running out of flames. But that didn't mean anything. If she had to beat them with just her fists so be it!

"Damn it! I was close. But what the heck was that?! That was no Hindu Goddess quirk for sure." Lily's quirk was a lot more flexible then Taro thought, granted it wasn't a "flower3ing" type of quirk. Nevertheless, Taro took out the scales given to him as he proceeds to throw them in the air above him and to pocket them as they fall. "Alright, so I feel your scales will be good at defending ourselves against Lily if she tries to grab us, or even throwing them at Misu if she charges again." Looking across the field, he saw that Misu was discussing with Lily, maybe they should do the same. Turning around to Tatsu, "Do you know if she can get hurt if we attack her multiple appendages?"

"H-Hey...I said it was...l-like a Hindu Goddess Quirk..." Kibo groaned, before trying to regain his composure after the assault he had taken. "E-Either way, I-I believe she would..."

"Okay, so we should take out Misu first, we need to trip her up somehow." Reaching down to the ground below them, he felt the snow. "This stuff is flaky, no slipping here. Can you-"

"It's your lucky day Taro...I don't feel like beating the snot out of you just yet.  I'm gonna take it out on your partner instead!"

Misu yelled at them, which more or less, startled Taro as he quickly whipped out his cuffs as she started to run towards them. However, she came to a screeching halt as she was a few meters or so out just in case as Misu stops before them. What is she- "CHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"  A burst of steam erupted from her body pushing hot steam towards Taro and Tatsu, covering the snowy mountain peak in a cloud of vapor. "Crap! Tatsu! Are you okay?!"

"Y-Yeah...as much as I can be..." Kibo groaned slightly, looking around to attempt to see through the blinding snow.

Taro looked back where Misu was as the gusts stopped to some extent, but he lost her position. Where did she go?! Just then, he heard steam jets and a shadow of sorts jump up from the corner of Taro's peripherals. "Tatsu! Heads up!" Reaching into his pockets, he threw 3 preloaded thrown scales in the direction of the now gone shadow like playing cards, zooming into the vapor.

"Okay..." Kibo nodded, looking around and proceeded at this point to shoot out a few scales in all directions. His plan: hopefully his scales would hit someone on the opposite side and give them enough time.

c8vVeoJ.png

A swamp battle...against the girl who pretty much is a bat and some Rock guy, while he was stuck with a bombing terrorist of a student with an attitude and personality to definitely match. Was this something Yuudai was expecting for this? Definitely not. He was half tempted to see if Ms. Hitotsume would allow him to trade partners, but alas, he knew he'd probably better just get through this with Kabo.

Taking another look at the names on the screen in this bout, Yuudai noticed the other name to accompany Hibiki, Rock. Obviously one of Napalm’s classmates. With not much else after the last little back and forth he had with him, he sighed and glanced at Kabo. “Hey...what’s the deal with this Rock person, Napalm?”

"Tch."  he dismissed Yuudai's comment. "He's weird. His quirk has something to do with his nails I think. Whatever it's not worth even remembering"

"Nails?" Yuudai blinked, before rubbing his chin slightly. So the fact that it's 'something to do with his nails'...if it's what I think it is, then they maaaaay have assistance with close combat. Great... he thought, letting out a sigh. "Well then, by all means...Napalm..." Yuudai then proceeded to give Kabo the after you gesture. And while Kabo most likely went on ahead of the young man, Yuudai actually hung back a bit.

Now, I'm fairly certain Napalm's plan of 'Just leave everything to me' is going to fall through. he thought, crossing his arms some, leaning against one of the trees in this simulated swamp. Meaning I need to get a moment to where I can watch and plan something myself...cause we have literal bat and then something dealing with a dude's nails. That said, cooperation would work if Napalm would get off his damn high horse...especially with a combination of me slingshooting any small object he's touched with his hand.

Katsurou eyes went wide when he saw Diana launch Miku high into the air with blistering speed, both making a beeline for him.

“Winker-san, do you know the other girl’s Quirk?! Is she able to fly?”

“Uhm...geez...Miku just…goes really fast. Like...she just...slips through the air.”

True to Perry’s words, Miku was approaching much faster than Diana, hitting the ground with a strange shield in front of her that almost seemed to pull her along with blistering speed. If they were to stand a chance, Katsurou knew he would need to slow down one of two girls before dealing with the other, even if it was only for a few seconds. Diana would likely be strong enough to simply shrug off any attempt to slow her down, but Miku appeared to be more fragile. Holding his orb in his right hand, he chose his target. Just as he reared up to throw, an idea crossed his mind.

“Winker-san, would you be able to use your Quirk on my orb to make it invisible?”

“Uhm...yea...but only for a little bit.”

“A little bit is all that is needed!”

Perry touched the orb, causing it to flicker, then disappear completely.

“Excellent! I will disable Miku-san! Keep an eye out for Seigi-san!”

Turning back towards the girls, he lifted his orb into the air, then threw it at Miku’s legs, hoping to pin her to the floor, if only for a moment.

Edited by Otaku-sama
Quirks are strange

okR80pR.jpg?1

Pip flew around the sides of the room, zooming through the air.  This was his next step to becoming a true hero!  He watched as Valerie went in to attack her Classmate with some weak fire, and decided to take advantage of the girl's distraction.  He used the netting of a soccer goal to spring forward, his legs jutting out in front of him.  He hadn't realized, but his momentum was more than enough to cause major internal organ damage.  He had lost control.  But at the last second, Pip dug his fingers into the soft turf.  The fur off the tip of his fingers singed, as he tried desperately to pull his attack back.  

It was no use.

Pip's hooves crashed into Yuuka's stomach with incredible force.  He could hear the multiple fracturing bone's in the girl's frail body, as he traveled a great distance with his foot lodged in her abdomen.  The girl's immediate reaction, before she could even blink, was to spit out a good amount of blood.  Upon seeing it, Pip's mind began to race.  His eyes began to grow red, his retinas looking around sporadically, trying to find something else to look at.  When they both crashed into the ground, Pip remained unscathed...however the same couldn't be said for Yuuka.  She was spasming on the ground, as Yuri and Val looked at the scene in horror.  

"I...I didn't mean it..."  Pip said shakily. 

"THIS EXAM IS OVER!  A student has been critically injured."  The intercoms began to blare, Ms. Hitotsume's voice clearly shaken.  The simulation's in each room began to shut down, and a red light began to flash from all sides.  

"I didn't..."  Pip exclaimed, reaching out to his classmate, who recoiled instinctively.  Pip turned his head away in embarrassment, only to be met with the pool of blood gathering underneath Yuuka's head.  Pip's finger seemed to move on it's own, as he went to dip just his nail into the growing red mass.  He must've been dreaming, because the next thing he realized, his finger had been placed in his maw.  He licked the tip aggressively, as he began to hyperventilate.  "I...just wanted..." 

As the Emergency Exits opened up in each room, screaming could be heard from one in particular. 

"ALL STUDENTS ARE TOO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!  I REPEAT!  ALL STUDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"  Ms. Hitotsume's voice could be heard getting farther away from the Microphone, as she seemed to head towards the site of danger.  

fBZ8ggy.png?1

whIkgqw.png

"THIS EXAM IS OVER!  A student has been critically injured." 

Misu's leap through the air was interrupted as a myriad of scales were shot at her.  She went to block the attacks with her arm that wasn't in use, as it was cut up by the sharp projectiles.  She grit her teeth as her fist was straight in Taro's face's direction.  However, her fist slipped right past his face, and collided with the snow.  The whole room seemed to rumble, as the spot where Misu's fist landed was devoid of any snow.  The steam in the air separated the two, as she looked through it at Taro.  She seemed disappointed but there was no use.  She shrieked a bit when Lily's hand grabbed around her ankle.  

"S-Sorry!"  She heard the girl exclaim behind them.  

"Tch."  Misu spat at the ground.  "Wonder who got the bad end of the shit stick."  

"ALL STUDENTS ARE TOO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!  I REPEAT!  ALL STUDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"

Misu's head turned towards the Doors that opened, as red lights began to blare throughout the rooms.  Through the sirens, she could hear a bloodcurdling cry.  Something definitely wasn't right now.  

"I don't know about you three, but I'm heading to see what's going on."  Misu gave all three of them a thumbs up.  "If you wanna wuss out, be my guest.  This doesn't seem like something for you all!"  

"Kibo, help me evacuate the others!  I'm sure Pip will be on his way to help!"  

c8vVeoJ.png

"THIS EXAM IS OVER!  A student has been critically injured."

"ALL STUDENTS ARE TOO EVACUATE THE BUILDING! I REPEAT! ALL STUDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"

Yuudai was shocked to hear this going on, and even before anything happened in his battle. He looked around and clenched his fists tightly. This didn't feel right...who got injured? He shook his head and smacked his face with his palms.

Focus Shiba...you heard her, got to evacuate. he thought, whistling at Kabo. "HEY! Napalm! Game over, we gotta evacuate. Guess this means you don't have to deal with me anymore, so yeah...silver lining." Yuudai simply moved ahead of Kabo, trying to find Hibiki and her partner. "Hey! Hibiki! We need to evacuate!"

fBZ8ggy.png?1

Kibo

"ALL STUDENTS ARE TOO EVACUATE THE BUILDING! I REPEAT! ALL STUDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"

"Kibo, help me evacuate the others! I'm sure Pip will be on his way to help!"

Kibo nodded, bowing slightly. "Y-Yes ma'am Lily!" he began to move, giving Taro a quick look. "Taro, you should try and help evacuate the others too...w-we could definitely use the help...u-unless your going to help your classmate."

fBZ8ggy.png?1

Miku

Miku was soaring towards the opposing enemies...with her Quirk she knew she'd be fine and even with the orb. While she couldn't naturally see it, she assumed that something was thrown. Katsurou's partner was Perry, the guy to change things to invisible. Naturally, Miku assumed to dodge mid-air the orb from Katsurou. She was going to go right for them and going to knock one out...however...

Miku heard this and he moved slightly, beginning to land on the ground, landing on her feet and began to skid along the ground. Quickly turning around, she held her hands up as if to say time-out. "Hold it!! This can probably wait till later. We need to evacuate, now. DIANA!! LET'S GO!!"

Edited by Chaos Sonic

ksARFRH.png

"THIS EXAM IS OVER! A student has been critically injured." 

"Eh!?"

"Ehhhhhhhh!?" Evacuation!? Just what had happened to one of the students that was this serious? Hibiki wasn't even sure if she wanted to know or not. Whatever it was, she had to get out of here, apparently! A door opened up and the simulation shut down, giving the students their exit out of their exam room. A door which Hibiki turned to and wasted no time starting toward. It was a selfish thought, but maybe this evacuation would get everyone else in the room to forget about how she'd magnificently failed her attempt at flight in here.

"Hey! Hibiki! We need to evacuate!"

"I know!" the bat girl replied, making for the door as fast as her legs would take her. It was tough to make out individual sounds over everything, especially with these red lights freaking her out. After this, she wanted a nice bath, and maybe something tasty. Like oranges! Once she was out of her own room, Hibiki couldn't help but wonder just who was injured. Surely, whoever it was, the other students in their room would help them get out of here. Yeah. That meant Hibiki had to worry about getting herself out like the teachers said.

That scream though. The one she heard as the doors opened back up. She couldn't just leave this alone! Hibiki took a deep breath, turned, and made for the door it had come from. And she wasn't alone, either.

"You heard it, too?" Hibiki asked the relatively-towering girl who was becoming a more and more familiar sight.

Rei & Suzume

"Tch." Suzume got back up to her feet as the simulated train around them disappeared. "We're settling this score someday! That goes for both of you!" Suzume wasted no time getting out of dodge, using her rotation to drop to her side and propel herself forward in a similar manner to how she'd attacked Herc earlier. Once she'd hurried through the door, Suzume made a sharp turn, in the direction of the room the scream had come from.

"Both?" Rei looked the 1-B boys over. Based on their bickering in the fight earlier, the gravity boy and Suzume definitely didn't get along. And then there was the beetle... "Did you do something to upset her? Not that I mind. A loose cannon like her could do with a lesson in humility." Starting at a more deliberate, less rushed pace than Suzume had bolted off at, Rei gestured to the boys, and said "Come along, then. We were told to evacuate, right? Let's get out of here."

Katsurou grimaced as Miku deftly swerved out of the way of his orb, barely missing its mark and flying past her as it became visible again. Pulling back his orb, which was now becoming visible once again, he braced himself with his arms up, ready to take the incoming blow from Miku. However, instead of a shout or a grunt of effort, the sounds of horns and klaxons filled the room. Looking out from in between his arms, he saw that Miku had slid to a stop, looking just as confused as he was. Indeed, everyone had stopped in their tracks as the room began flashing red.

"THIS EXAM IS OVER!  A student has been critically injured. ALL STUDENTS ARE TOO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!  I REPEAT!  ALL STUDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"

"Hold it!! This can probably wait till later. We need to evacuate, now. DIANA!! LET'S GO!!"

The flashing lights, sirens and the rumbling of the room returning to its blank, original state gave Kasturou a horrible sinking feeling in the bottom of his stomach. A student had been critically injured so soon into the test? Was it by the obstacles or by a fellow student, or even some kind of outside threat? Catching his orb in his hands, he turned to Perry, trying to keep his voice steady.

“She is right Winker-san! We need to leave right now! Stay close!” he shouted to him over the blaring alarms before turning to Miku and Diana, “We should stay together as well! Whatever hurt that student might come our way!”

Katsurou then dashed towards the portside of the ship, occasionally stopping to regain his balance as the ship shook and swayed as it slowly sank back into the ground. Upon reaching the edge, he saw the exit, which was now below the water line. He turned back to his fellow students and called out for them.

“Everyone! The exit is this way! Quickly!”