Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

whIkgqw.png

"As for fighting. Suppose you could say I like it. More I like two people putting their all into something to test their limits. No reason to fight otherwise though."

A match with this girl would surely be a fun one.  Misu would keep a close eye on her, just like she would with that first brat she ran into...or rather, that ran into her.  

"You wouldn't have happened to have fought a friggin' stupid strong girl, did ya?  I've got some payback that needs cashing in."  Misu growled towards the girl, as she cracked her knuckles.  "She'd have a stupid cat doll that wouldn't stop meowin...it was mine originally but the punk up and stole it."  For someone so strong, the girl was sure a coward...but there was no way someone like that wasn't making it to the end. 

"Great job on making it back everyone."

Misu cringed at such a peppy attitude.  How did this one make it back alive?

"Uh...yeah...you too."  Misu said, a little confused at the frail looking thing.

As time went on, more and more individuals began to show up at the gate, surprisingly a lot less than she'd imagine.  A boy with striking, dark-red hair led the charge with a rather smug look on his face.  

"Ah...so that boy still hasn't made it huh?  Maybe I shouldn't have taken his medal.  A tragedy to say the least."  He said, with a hint of rather fake empathy tinged in his voice.  "However, if there are somehow people here without 5 badges, I'd be glad to trade."  The boy swung a makeshift sack over his shoulder, letting a total of twenty badges fall out in front of him.  The ghostly white of his palms shown as he stretched them out.  "For a hefty price of course."  Another boy lazily walked up beside him, a dark-skinned boy with white hair, and a skinny set of antennae.  He yawned as he approached the others.  

"So...what were we waiting for...I'm here...and I got all these badges...is it done yet?"  A towering shadow from behind made his antennae perk up, as Pip walked up from behind, with Lily tugging on the furs of his back.  She hadn't opened her eyes, but upon doing so, she saw the two applicants who had beaten them thoroughly, and taken Loki's badges.  She made a strange sound, ducking behind Pip for cover once more.  Pip moved along through the crowd to meet up with Lesnar, only to stare down at the boy in his ragged condition.

"I'm gonna get you back for that cheap stunt you pulled back there, you know?  I don't know how, and I don't know when, but I'm sure I'll think of a way."  He then looked towards Valerie.  "And you...Loki said to tell you the same."  More and more unfamiliar faces seemed to be showing up along with all the others, and the crowds voice was starting to get heavy.  

"A fine batch we have this year..." The Samurai said under his breath.  

"You wouldn't have happened to have fought a friggin' stupid strong girl, did ya?  I've got some payback that needs cashing in. She'd have a stupid cat doll that wouldn't stop meowin...it was mine originally but the punk up and stole it."

The only girl Valerie had fought was was the arm one and none of what this girl was saying really matched up. "Haven't seen her. Sounds like a real piece of work. Maybe she couldn't get any more after stealing yours." Valerie responded with a shrug. "Just being strong isn't gonna cut it."

"Great job on making it back everyone."

As if to prove her point a rather small looking girl, who Valerie thought she remembered from before, greeted everyone. Valerie flashed a thumbs up in her direction. "No way I wouldn't make it. I'm gonna be number one after all!"

She raised an eyebrow at the boy who came in with a massive amount of badges. She supposed it was impressive in a way but she couldn't help but think it was kind of dumb of him to go through the trouble to get that many.

However her attention was quickly taken by the arm girl she had been thinking about moments before and the bestial boy, Pip, making their way towards them.

"I'm gonna get you back for that cheap stunt you pulled back there, you know?  I don't know how, and I don't know when, but I'm sure I'll think of a way. And you...Loki said to tell you the same."

Valerie grinned and strolled over towards the two of them. "Looking forward to it!" She said, wholeheartedly. "I had a feeling you would make it here. Kinda surprised...Loki, was it, isn't here already. He seemed plenty good enough to make up for it." For a moment she wondered if she had gone a bit too far on him but brushed the thought off. She couldn't hold back no matter what. Not if she wanted to be the best. "He can tell me himself when he gets here!" Valerie finished.

ksARFRH.png
PysLiPD.png?1

“...and that’s why they don’t do much,” Hibiki sighed, concluding the story of her rather small and useless wings, flapping them a bit to get the point across. There were things that had to be done for this exam, and so she thought it was a good idea to establish what she could and couldn’t do with Suda. Unfortunately, most of what she could do entailed screaming at and biting people. “Sorry if that’s kind of a burden or something.”

“Don’t sweat it.” Suda said, tossing his arms behind his hand. So the bat girl couldn’t fly, huh? It was disappointing, but it didn’t really matter at this point. “I’m sure you’ll get those things to fly… someday… maybe.” He shrugged. Not everyone could be as awesome as he was, and that was ok. Afterall, that’s why he wanted to become a hero.

“That’s what I’m hoping for too! After all, what sort of bat hero can’t even fly?” She’d get there though! And then she’d go to all those cool places she never could access without flight. However, perhaps because her attention was turned up toward the sky, she failed to notice a rather large hole in the ground. Her foot fell in, and Hibiki abruptly only barely avoided slamming the side of her head on the ground. She could hear something though, deeper down. “Shhhh. I’m okay.”

Suda was about to answer her question, when Hibiki suddenly fell in the rather large hole on the ground. Suda tried to go and help her, but it seemed that she was fine. “You should be more attentive!” Suda said, shaking his head. “C’mon, we have to get going. I can’t let that bug brain beat me!” He said, starting to make his way around the hole.

“Hold on, there’s gotta be something down here, right? Wait here.” Suda rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. With that, Hibiki straightened herself out, and delved deeper into the hole. She let out that imperceptibly-high noise again, getting a feel for her surroundings in this hole, and also picking up what sounded like snoring. Too hearty to be a person’s though, unless they were very large. The more she listened to her echolocation, the more the mystery figure seemed to be… a bear? With something near it. Not another bear, at least. Slowly, quietly, and carefully, Hibiki moved further down the hole, until she found it. Two medals, though one was quite a bit closer to the entrance than the other.

Maybe somebody found the bear then ran away?

Well, finders keepers. That was two more medals in Hibiki’s pocket, as she - even more cautiously than how she entered - slowly backed out of the hole, with her new acquisitions in hand. “See? We should get going though, in case that bear wakes up.”

“Not bad.” Wait, did she say bears? That sounded extremely dangerous. Luckily she seemed to be more than ok. “Let’s get going.” Suda started making his way around the whole, trying his best not to fall into it.

“...and that’s more or less how my quirk works.” Suda said, having gone on a lengthy tangent about how awesome his quirk was. They had been walking for a while, and he had to speak up a bit due to the river that happened to be running by next to them.

“Woah! That’s like, really really cool!” Compared to hers, Suda’s Quirk was incredibly powerful! But that meant she had a good benchmark to keep track of her progress with, right? When she was powerful enough to contend with Suda, she would be way stronger than she was right now. Using gravity like that could probably accomplish all sorts of cool things. Things liiiiiike…

“Yeah… I’m kinda a big deal.” He said, full of himself. He turned to look around the area, before noticing something in the river. Was that… a dog!? And it was stranded on a rather large rock. “Wait here.” He said, making his way towards the river.

The brown pug was terrified as it stood on the stone, the river’s torrent crashing into it. Suda stood at the edge of the river, thinking about how he could save the pug. The rock was pretty far away from him and, even if it was close, there was no chance that he could swim to it. He looked up to the sky, a dangerous idea coming to his mind. “Let’s give ‘em the Soaring Star Special!” He shouted, aiming his finger at the heavens.

And as he did, an orb formed above Suda between him and his destination. Unlike the other times, however, this time the pull seemed to affect Suda. In fact, Suda jumped straight into the orb, the pull propelling him dangerously towards it. Right before he crashed into it, however, the orb dissipated, sending the boy flying through the sky.

As he flew through the sky, he aimed again at the sky, and another orb formed. This time, the pull was relatively weak, as it slowed Suda’s descent onto the stone. The pug seemed scared, but Suda didn’t hesitate to quickly pick it up as the orb in the sky faded. In a rather swift motion, he shot another orb out and, like before, used it to propel himself back towards the road he and Hibiki were traveling.

As he landed, he started tumbling on the ground, a beat of sweat forming on his brow as he rolled. Stylishly, he rolled back onto his feet, holding up the pug in front of him. It was then that he noticed that the pug was not, in fact, a pug and was instead a stuffed dog. “I did all that... to save a dumb plush!?” He shouted, out of breath. He got ready to toss the plush on the ground, when he saw a shimmer of light come from it. Turning it around, he found not one but two medals on the dog. “No wonder the damn thing... was so heavy…” He muttered.

“Wooooow!” Hibiki cheered, applauding her companion’s flashy moves. “That was amazing!”

Suda picked himself up, giving the girl a cocky grin. “Oh that? It was nothing.” Of course it wasn’t nothing, she was right. That was amazing; it was amazing that he didn’t break himself landing on the dirt. Dusting himself off, he started walking down the road again. “Let’s keep it going! By my count, we’ve almost got all the medals we need!” He said, gesturing the girl to follow him.

“I can show you a picture after the test if you want.” Hibiki was talking about her twin sister. As much as she would have liked to show a picture right now, her phone was back in her dorm.

“Sure.” Suda responded, giving the girl a thumbs up. “Right now, though, let’s get you that last medal.” He was tempted to ditch her to find the last medal herself; afterall, he had the 5 he needed already, and she only needed 4. However, he decided against it, as that wouldn’t be very heroic at all. Plus, he’d lose the first member of his fan club. “Now where could it...” As he looked around, he felt something jump on his head.

“Aaugh! Hey!” He shouted, looking up to see what had just hit his head. In his sights was a rather playful looking monkey on a tree that was sticking its tongue out at him, and in its hands was a medal! In a panic, Suda checked himself to make sure the rascal hadn’t taken one of his, but luckily that didn’t seem to be the case. He let out a sigh of relief, before realizing what was happening. He turned to Hibiki. “Follow that… that goblin!” He said, as he started chasing after the monkey.

“Got it!” And thus Hibiki started running after the monkey. He was an agile critter, but Hibiki wouldn’t be worn out with just a little bit of chasing. Keeping track of him was a bit difficult, but she was managing pretty well. How did a monkey get here anyway? Was he a teacher’s pet or something meant to steal medals? Hibiki would comment that it seemed a bit underhanded to do that, but it wasn’t like she and Suda hadn’t taken some from other students.

Meanwhile Suda was following behind her, but he was starting to get a bit exhausted. He was relatively fit, but the spectacle he had given earlier was starting to take its toll. They weren’t making much progress, although they were keeping up with the rascal. Suda had to think of something fast, as he turned to Hibiki. “Hey, you said... you wanted to... fly, right?”

“Yeah?”

“Then fly!” He shouted, firing off an orb into the sky towards the little monkey. Hibiki and the monkey would both feel the pull of the orb as Suda stopped running to catch his breath, his eyes on the orb.

“Wait, what!?” But before she had any further time to protest, Hibiki was already in the air, pulled on by Suda’s gravity orb. The bat girl was launched toward the monkey, but rather than grab the monkey or his tail or anything like that, Hibiki snatched at the medal in his hands. It was quite a bit easier when he couldn’t keep jumping from tree to tree because of the gravity pulling on him. And then, the orb disappeared.

Hibiki hadn’t really thought about that part.

The bat girl started downward, toward the ground below. It was quite a descent. Landing flat on her face would probably hurt a lot! As if it would help, she began to flap her wings, with more and more frantic urgency as the ground got closer. While she did indeed still hit the ground with a resounding thud, it felt like maybe she softened the blow a bit? “Owowow…” That had really knocked the wind out of her. Landing on all the medals in her possession - there were five now! - didn’t help much.

Meanwhile, Suda had just picked himself up from the ground, having collapsed after released the orb. He was sweating a bit from having made so many orbs in such a short time span. “I hope this doesn’t mess with my hair...” Suda thought out loud, before remembering what he had just done. “Oh crap… Hibiki!” He ran up to the girl, who was on the ground face-first. “You ok down there?” He asked, a sense of panic in his voice.

“I’m okay,” Hibiki gasped, rolling over onto her back. “I just landed a bit worse than I expected. These medals are heavy. Just give me a bit to catch my breath, and watch out for the monkey.”

Suda nodded, taking a seat next to the tree. He didn’t want to say it, but he also needed a moment to catch his breath.

It seemed that they had made it back in time, as people had just started gathering around. As a nice bonus, there was no beetle in sight yet. “Yes~!” Suda exclaimed, pumping his fist at his victory over the towering insect student. He hoped that he made it back here with his own badged - after all, he had a prize to claim, although the satisfaction of victory was more than enough for Suda. He turned to the others that were there, and was shocked to see one of the students with a bag full of the badges they had spent time getting. “Pssh. Showoff.” Suda grunted, shaking his head, before turning back to Hibiki. “Well, we did it. Good work out there.” He said, extending his arm out to her.

“You too,” Hibiki said, returning the handshake. It seemed that quite a few other people she recognized had made it back after all. Including one of those dangerous girls. Did the other one not make it? That was unfortunate, even if Hibiki wasn’t sure how to feel about that girl. For now, it was probably a good idea to get to know these other students. She could end up sharing a class with some of them, after all! Starting with…

The dangerous one! People who looked dangerous were usually just misunderstood, right? And it would be way better to have her as a friend than an enemy if she was as bad as she looked. And so, keeping her badges close, Hibiki stepped up to the remarkably tall girl.

“Hi again! I heard you and that other girl fighting in the woods earlier. Since you’re here, I guess you won? Good job! ...but try not to pick too many fights with other students. You’d probably get in trouble for that.”

ohSLUWk.png

It seemed that the strange girl had other thoughts as she flew through the air, like she spotted something. What the hell caught this firecracker's attention? The answer came to him pretty quickly as they were surrounded by other potential students. Seems like they wanted to beat them up and take their medals. Not very heroic in his opinion, but it was a competition here, not the real heroic world, so he supposed this was the way it should be.

"The hell are you doing here, eh?" The angry girl called out. "You've all got something that belongs to me... And I'm takin' 'em NOW. I don't have time for you idiots! I'm gonna be a goddamn hero!"

"Ya sure about that, Sunshine?" Herc asked as he cracked his knuckles. "You seem more like an antihero right now," He commented as he watched her manhandle all that came after her. "Still, your moves are pretty good, so I guess I shouldn't complain," Herc looked up as a student jumped at him, but he reached out, grabbing their face and slammed them into the ground. That was easy enough, and hey, easy badge for the teammate. He reached down, picking it up and flipping it at Yuudai. "There you go, partner. When you get enough medals, let me know and I'll get us outta here,"

He saw a few more people come at him, so his used his big arms to clothesline one that came a little too close, before spinning his large body around to gain some momentum as he spun and backhanded a different opponent. He then launched a punch at a third person... who managed to catch his fist. Even though Herc was holding back, the fact the person caught it without breaking a sweat both scared and excited Herc. 

The person in question threw their own punch, sending Herc flying back, skidding to a halt in front of a building. The beetle man barely had time to comprehend that the opponent was rushing up to him, however, he did manage to jump up, latching onto the wall, above the fist that buried itself into the building. "Man, this test is so stressful I'm climbing the walls," Herc commented as the person struggled to get their arm out of the building. With a grin, Herc simply dropped, using his heavy weight to body slam the person just as they freed their arm.

Poor person barely stood a chance.

Herc stood up, grabbing the medal in the person's pocket and smiling. "And that's five. Yuudai, you ready to go?"

Lesnar's body was still under a heavy load of exhaustion and pain, but he didn't realize where he was until he noticed his entire backside was up against the ground as he came back to consciousness. The ringing had settled as well as he heard voice of what seemed like other students making it past the gate and completing the test. Lesnar groaned and stood up, rubbing his head. Even though the ringing had stopped, his had developed a splitting headache. Rubbing his eyes, he slowly worked his way back on to his feet, brushing off whatever stuck to his back that was on the ground. He looked around, noticing a familiar demon-like kid walking away from him. Did he wanna say something?

"Looking forward to it!"

As soon as he heard Valerie's voice, everything became clear. He looked in her direction to see that she was talking to the one walking away from him. He did indeed know who that kid was, and he certainly looked frustrated. However, to have gotten back successfully, that meant that he was able to make up for that loss in the city, which was a relief to Lesnar. He was obviously trying his hardest to make it in along with the rest of the entrants, though having been responsible for taking a badge from him, he felt a little guilty. He went over, still a little dizzy after just waking up, in his direction but hesitated to speak as he let him go to his comrade who had also made it back. With them gone, it was only him and Valerie. The rest were blurred.

"Ugh... must've passed out." he groaned, rubbing his head again, "I guess more people are making it back. That kid, though... the one that looks like a... demon? Do you know his name? I feel like I played dirty with him..." He looked over at him, but he seemed to meld with the crowd that mingled with the other ones that passed.

Edited by Thar

c8vVeoJ.png

To call what occurred after the red-haired girl appeared as a free-for-all would be one way of putting it. Yuudai was still slightly sitting up, trying to give his muscles time to rest due to the strain being real right now. All the while, he watched how people practically dog-piled the red-headed girl before she basically bowed out and left. Most likely, probably for the best. ...especially after that huge brawl that just broke out.

"There you go, partner. When you get enough medals, let me know and I'll get us outta here."

Yuudai was surprised by the quick and kind gesture of the Beetle, who threw him a badge.

Yuudai Badge Count: 4

"T-This moment...it's just one more..." he chuckled, grunting slightly as he did his best to stand up, though he felt himself being really sore at the moment. He glanced at the knocked out students, and then over at the corner of the street they were on. His eyes fixated on a trashcan, an odd thing to focus on...but he caught a slight glint inside it.

...low hanging fruit, possibly...but if this gives me number 5, then we're good. Yuudai thought, shaking his head slightly as he slowly made his way towards the trashcan and began to rummage through it. Old cans, pens, the occasional banana peel...nooooot what he was looking for. Then his hand began to run across a familiar feeling. "Bingo..." he said, slowly pulling out a badge and immediately put it with the rest.

Yuudai Badge Count: 5

"Herc! I got my five! L-Let's get the hell outta dodge!" he chuckled, making his way slowly back towards Herc.

“Thank you, Tenkara-san! I will not let you down!”

As Katsurou rushed off, Taro was left where he left him but was then moved from his spot off to the side on a stretcher. As Taro laid there for the next couple of minutes, more students came back with there badges in tow, and it is good to know so far that the goopman hasn’t gotten in yet, maybe still stuck under the debris. . . I hope someone finds him. After maybe 10 minutes or so, Taro began to get some feeling into his body as he is able to grasp his left hand closed, assuming that the poison wasn’t that lethal as the kid expressed it was. Carefully, he started to sit upright to just lean against the wall near him as he finally got a good view of the courtyard. There was at least 1 kid with a bag of badges and many others with some noticeable quirky details about them.

Nevertheless, it wasn’t long after before Katsurou came back as he made a less than heroic entrance back as he tumbled onto the ground carrying another dummy on his back. Taro slowly started to stand and walk his way over to Katsurou. “You look no better than me like half an hour ago, let’s go take a seat to rest a bit more. And I’ll take that dummy off your hands if you like.” Taro gestured to a nearby bench as then turned to the Ninja figure reaching into his pocket pulling out one of the megaphones from before and speaking into it. "Hey! Mr. Ninja Guy! What do I do with my badges? Do I give them to you or what?" Taro then pulled the dummy and turned to the kid with the bag of badges, "Hey you, the overachiever that has too much time on his hands! I hate carrying this thing as it is a hazard to my physical well-being, let's trade a badge for a badge. . . Or a Dummy for a Badge!"

ohSLUWk.png

"Herc! I got my five! L-Let's get the hell outta dodge!"

"Ya got it, man!" Herc ran over, scooping up Yuudai, throwing him on his back as he jumped against the wall and quickly began to scale it. "See ya at the gate, Firecracker!" He called back to Kess before quickening his pace. The moment he got to the top, he broke out into a full run, leaping from building to building. "So not only am I a taxi service and a mailman, but I'm an airline provider as well!" Herc joked as they kept going. "All this and more provided by your friendly neighborhood Beetle Man!"

It didn't take too long for the two to make it across the city, and it took even less time to make it to the gate. "Hey, good teamwork, good teamwork. We should do this again sometime," Herc said as he held out a hand for a fist bump. Whether he got it or not, he scanned the area for the one he made the bet with. So far, he seemed to be good... wait... no, dammit, there was the guy. Seems like he lost. Hmm... but maybe... he hadn't been seen yet, so perhaps... he could have some fun before he accepted defeat. 

He hunched over, staying low and out of Suda's sight, his footsteps surprising light. Finally, he stood up when he was right next to Suda, clearing his throat. "Man, it's about time you got here," Herc said, acting like he was here the whole time. "I was afraid you wouldn't make it. Well, it's good thing you did though. But guess what this means?" He said with a wide grin.

Itsuki

Once Itsuki had managed to return to the entrance of the exam ground, he noticed that a majority of the students had already returned. On the one hand, he wondered if he could have placed higher had he actually tried to get back in a more immediate fashion, but on the other hand he wondered how much work that would actually be. As he joined the rest of the crowd, he was approached by Yuuka, who had apparently made it back with five medals herself.

"and I'm glad to see that you made it back just fine as well, Watanabe," she said.

"No problem, really. Congrats to you too," Itsuki said, lifting his right hand for a peace-sign and uttering a slight "ow" as he did so. Casually, he scanned the small collection of students that had made it through until he spotted an american girl that captured his attention. "Now, if you'll excuse me for one moment..."

Itsuki walked over to Valerie and generated a barrier to his side that he leaned against as if it were a wall. "Hey, what's a good-lookin' gaijin like yourself doin' here? My name's Itsuki, what's your's?"

Edited by VCR_CAT

Kess' Badges: 3

In the throng of people swarming her, Kess perked up suddenly, eyes widening as she saw Yuudai reaching into the trash can, spotting him out of the corner of her eye as he pulled out what SHE had put there-

"NO!" She smacked somebody out of the way, running pell-mell towards Yuudai. But Herc got there first. The two scrambled up the wall, Kess leaping up towards them, lashing out with a hand, but she couldn't get high enough. Herc was too fast. She watched them both scramble over the rooftop and out of sight.

"... I'm gonna kill that guy," she snarled, reaching into the trash can and yanking out her remaining badges, slinging the dummy over one shoulder as she turned back to face the others. Some of them had started fighting amongst themselves, the horde clearly several disparate groups attracted by the sound of Kess smashing into the car. But several were still coming after her. 

"IDIOTS," she barked, jumping forward and swinging the dummy bodily, knocking two of them into the wall with a harsh cracking sound. Several more jumped at her, and with a howl of anger she wrenched an arm around, slamming bodily into them, the group tumbling with Kess through an alleyway.

She reached out, aiming for head, grabbing badge instead by some happy accident. She swung it, knocking it into the head she had attempted to grab, then started sprinting towards another, slamming a knee into his chest, hearing something break in him as her knee spiked with pain. She reached down, yanking a badge off his body.

Kess' Badges: 5

"All you fuckers couldn't stop me!" she yelled, turning and forcing a tide of energy into her leg, ignoring the burning pain in her knee as she slammed her foot into the side of the boy she had kneed, sending him careening through the air to slam into the rest of them, knocking them against the alley wall. Kess, gasping for breath, was now the only one left in the alley.

She was shaking now, but as the smile slowly appeared on her face it clearly wasn't fright or stress. I have them. I fucking have them! she triumphantly thought as she began to make her way back, running through the pain. Running to the gate.

With a blast of air blown aside from her speed, Kess blew through the gate, digging her heels into the ground to stop her advance as she came to a halt. She was bruised, a little bloody, and clearly had exerted herself a lot over the course of the entrance exam, but the feral look in her eye had only increased. She raised her arms, dumping the five badges she had assembled on the ground. 

"Sorry I'm late," she said to the Samurai. "Well. Later than I meant to be. Had a couple of stragglers who thought they'd slow me up a bit. But don't worry... I weeded 'em out for ya." She raised a finger, pointing it at Yuudai. "AND YOU'RE NEXT, PUNK!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. 

whIkgqw.png

"Haven't seen her. Sounds like a real piece of work. Maybe she couldn't get any more after stealing yours." the girl responded with a shrug. "Just being strong isn't gonna cut it."

"No..."  Misu said, looking back towards the testing grounds.  "She'll be here.  She might be strong, but she also seems re-...stupid."  Misu's head turned back towards the front, with her eyes looking to the side at the girl.  "Stupid people tend to get through these things easy peasy."  Wait...wouldn't that also put her in that category.  "I ain't stupid though, so don't go gettin' any wild ideas there...uh..."  Misu pushed the top of her hat up a bit.  "What's your name?"  

“Hi again! I heard you and that other girl fighting in the woods earlier. Since you’re here, I guess you won? Good job! ...but try not to pick too many fights with other students. You’d probably get in trouble for that.”

Misu stared at the bat girl for a proper minute, before bending over to get directly in her face.  

"Don't go assumin' things.  I didn't win...I just happened to get my medals peacefully after that scrap."  She then put a hand on the girls shoulder, and gave a very sinister grin.  "Fightin's what I do, shrimp.  I don't take orders from things smaller than me, capiche?"  She gave the girl an okay sign, before straightening out her posture.  She sighed.  "Well, seein' as how you were brave enough to ask me to stop fightin', guess I'll ask for your name too."  After she asked the question, she heard a familiar roar in the crowd...and it annoyed her.  

"AND YOU'RE NEXT, PUNK!"

"EH!?  SHUT-UP WOULDJA!?"  Even though the girl wasn't specifically talking to her, she couldn't help but get angry at her.  "YOU COWARD!  WHO RUNS AWAY FROM A FIGHT!?  YOU WANNA GO ANOTHER ROUND, SO I CAN SHUT THOSE YAPS FOR YOU!?  HUHHHH!?"  The girl had been followed by many stragglers who managed to get to the gate before sundown.  

"Ah...so he did make it."  The boy said, looking towards Yuudai.  "Maybe I should've asked for more medals."  He said, with a finger over his lips.  

The Samurai then raised his hand into the air.  

"Alright everyone, let's calm down now.  The test has now concluded.  No more fighting unless instructed, 'kay?"  He said, rather bored.  "Now that you're all here, you've passed the U.A. entrance exam, and as such will be enrolled into the first official hero course."  The samurai held up one finger towards the crowd.  "However, if we sense that you will be even the slightest threat to the government, or people of Japan, we will kick you out no questions asked.  This means that your first assignment will be to answer my one question here, when you come back for class."  He withdrew his finger, and crossed his arms.  "What does it mean to you, to be a hero?"  The air was silent and still, as the question almost passed through Misu's mind.  

"Tch..."  She turned her head away from the man.  "Assignin' homework already?  What the hell..."

"I would like to be the first to welcome you to our school, U.A!  Allow me to introduce myself."  The man made a somewhat weird pose, sticking his hand out in front of him while having a very wide stance, the other hand gripped to his sword.  "I am the Edge Hero, Sharp Shogun!  I'll be the head teacher for 1-A's class, so those of you all who end up there, I'll see you on Monday!"  Sharp Shogun's posture returned to normal, after coughing.  "To the others, dwell on that question, and give your teacher a fine response...or they'll kick you out for good."  After his speech, Sharp Shogun dismissed the rest of them.  The masses of students began to waltz off of school grounds, but Misu stayed a bit longer.  She looked to the symbol on the front of the school, at the tiptop of the infrastructure.  

"Tch..."  She looked to Val, and stuck out a fist.  "You don't seem insufferable.  If we're in the same class, don't think I'll go easy on you."  Whether or not the girl responded she'd find Kess, and take a deep breath.  "YOU CAN DROP DEAD!  YOU BETTER NOT HOPE WE'RE IN THE SAME CLASS!  I'LL RING YOUR DAMN NECK AND PILE DRIVE YOU 6 FEET UNDER, PIPSQUEAK!  YOU HEAR ME!!!!"  Taking another deep breath, she walked past the gate, throwing up a hand to those she met.  "Later."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Monday had come at last, and Misu's uniform had come in the mail faster than most mail would've.  As she opened the packages, she layed out the five uniforms on her bed.  Her face turned bright red, as she realized the bottom piece was a skirt.  She was still going to wear her hat no matter what.  After all, she had been wearing it for so long, it was hard to distinguish if it was actually apart of her hair or not.  But the rest of the uniform was so...not her style.  

"You've gotta be kidding me.  Screw the rules!  I ain't wearin' this!"  She grit her teeth, as she held up the small skirt, only to have the pictures of her mom and dad flash through her head.  They would only get money from the Government, as long as she wasn't expelled from school.  She almost ripped the seams of the skirt, but after much thought, she put it on.  As it gripped her waist, she let out a small noise.

"Onee-chan...stop making weird sounds."  She could hear a groggy voice say from the doorway.  Her sister stood there, rubbing her eyes.  As she looked at Misu, she continued to do so.  "I must be dreaming, Misu, or you're actually wearing girly clothes!"  Her sister started laughing, wildly.  Misu was struggling to pull up her tights, not used to doing it at all and fumbling as she hiked them up.  

"SH-SH-SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BRAT!  This is hero-in-training gear!  Encourage your sister, don't laugh at her!  Geez..."  Misu stomped to the door, only to plant a fist into the top of her sisters head, giving her a noogie for extra punishment.  

"Ah!  Ah!  I'm sorry Onee-chan!!!"  She whimpered, as Misu pushed her fist off her head.  "But why are you even doing this?  Isn't school gonna mess up our Neighborhood Sister Patrols?!"  

Misu looked back towards her sister.  

"We can do that letter, Sei."  She said, putting her shoes on and heading out the door.  "But for now, I gotta play hero."  It didn't take her long to walk to school, but the fact that she had to walk there in a skirt made it feel like an eternity.  The wind was going places it definitely wasn't supposed to go, and it was all too much for her to figure out.  "GEEZ!"  She screamed, as she ran up the steps of the school.  With the letter sent to her house, along with the uniforms, she was notified that she'd be in class 1-B.  It was easy enough to find, but she decided to look around the school for a bit.  She noted where the cafeteria was, along with every vending machine.  Maybe going here wasn't going to be so bad...too bad she wouldn't be able to skip classes whenever she wanted.  With her mind relatively at ease, she headed to the classroom.  

"Let's get this over with..."  

c8vVeoJ.png

"Hey, good teamwork, good teamwork. We should do this again sometime."

"Heh...oh yeah." Yuudai chuckled lightly, giving Herc a thumbs up after bumping his fist with the beetle's. "You and me seem to work well together...so that's a definite yeah we'll do this again sometime."

Yuudai let Herc do what he was doing, as he just sluggishly got up to plenty of the other students as they were just standing there. Though at the moment, one definitely caught his eye: it was Napalm. Well, looks like that kid made it as well... he thought, leaning up against a tree for support. Hopefully I don't have to deal with that kid too much this year. ...especially after that incident in that lab...and I'm not seeing the headmaster, so I may have to tell him about that whole situation a bit later.

"AND YOU'RE NEXT, PUNK!"

He glanced over at who was yelling at him, and lo-and-behold, there was the red-haired woman again. Yuudai gave only a smile and a wave. "Oh cool, you made it too. Means I'll be able to pay you back for that little sneak attack." he chuckled, as he noticed Napalm looking at him as he gave another wave. "Heh, couldn't get rid of me that easily, Napalm."

"Alright everyone, let's calm down now.  The test has now concluded.  No more fighting unless instructed, 'kay? Now that you're all here, you've passed the U.A. entrance exam, and as such will be enrolled into the first official hero course. However, if we sense that you will be even the slightest threat to the government, or people of Japan, we will kick you out no questions asked.  This means that your first assignment will be to answer my one question here, when you come back for class. What does it mean to you, to be a hero? I would like to be the first to welcome you to our school, U.A!  Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Edge Hero, Sharp Shogun!  I'll be the head teacher for 1-A's class, so those of you all who end up there, I'll see you on Monday! To the others, dwell on that question, and give your teacher a fine response...or they'll kick you out for good."

Yuudai nodded, having been dismissed as he took a deep breath and started making his way back home. He was extremely excited now. He was accepted into U.A, he got to be friends...that was the word for it...with Herc, and also saw something strange...though that's what kept his thoughts fixed though. The creature was still on his mind. What was it? What was it's purpose? And was it even real?

HQiOaTA.png?1

Monday morning...it was finally time. Yuudai looked himself over in the mirror in his room, as he fixed his uniform's tie. "Surprisingly, this doesn't look half bad on me." he chuckled, as he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. With a quick good-bye to his parents, he made his way outside and started his commute to U.A. Alright, lets see...I'm being put in...Class 1-B. Hmm, might be interesting. Hopefully Herc is in this class...oooooooooor anyone except the firecracker or Napalm. he thought, shrugging putting his syllabus back in his pocket.

Making his way into U.A., he asked some of the staff to assist in helping him with finding 1-B. With enough help, the classroom was found and Yuudai strolled in. He noticed that there was already one student in...annnnnnd he immediately recognized her as the young girl in the high school Bancho outfit. ...oh goodie...okay, just relax Shiba...just relax. he thought, making his way towards a seat, before giving a quick wave to the young girl. "Morning. Guess we're gonna be classmates here in 1-B. Shiba Yuudai."

Valerie snickered a bit at Misu's words. She seemed to have a bit trouble saying what she wanted and then "What's your name?"  

"Valerie. Valerie Clark. You'll see my name at the top of every list from here on out."

"I guess more people are making it back. That kid, though... the one that looks like a... demon? Do you know his name? I feel like I played dirty with him..."

"Name?" Valerie said. She looked down. What was the name? Something with a P she was sure. "Dunno, forgot. But all I know is you must've hit him real hard."

"Hey, what's a good-lookin' gaijin like yourself doin' here? My name's Itsuki, what's your's?"

"Why's everyone asking about names lately?" Valerie said with a light chortle. "I suppose I'll have to say it loud for everyone then." She hopped up on the nearest raised area, standing above the rest. "Hello fellow students!" She shouted. "For those of you who haven't heard! My name is Valerie Clark. And I aim to be the best hero! Looking forward to working with you all!" She smirked and hopped down, striding up to the boy who had initially asked her. "Does that answer your questions?"

Valerie smoothed out the uniform. It wasn't comfortable. Not in the least. She tried to make it better by unbuttoning the blazer and loosening the tie. "Bit better...alright, time to get going." With a wide smile she headed towards the day. Then she paused. "Mom! I'm heading to school!" She called out. She waited. Listened. Finally she heard a grumbled "About time."

With a sigh the girl stepped out of her home and into the world.

She had considered running to school like last time but, upon further reflection, realized that being in a confined area after working herself up would be hellish for her classmates. So she took a bus and tried to ignore the people shifting in discomfort near her.

---

She made it to class 1-B before most of the other classmates it seemed. Only a small number got there before her. Including, she noticed, the tall girl who had talked to her at the exam. Clapping the girl on the back she announced. "Looks like we're in the same class. Sorry that you'll be getting second in everything." She glanced down and grinned. "Skirt looks good on you though." She remarked casually as she strolled into the room and waved at the boy sitting at a desk.

ksARFRH.png

"Don't go assumin' things. I didn't win...I just happened to get my medals peacefully after that scrap."

Ahh, so that's how it is! I knew she wasn't as bad as she loo--

"Fightin's what I do, shrimp. I don't take orders from things smaller than me, capiche?" 

Ehhhhh?

"Well, seein' as how you were brave enough to ask me to stop fightin', guess I'll ask for your name too."

"Ah, it's--"

"AND YOU'RE NEXT, PUNK!"

"EH!? SHUT-UP WOULDJA!?"

Aaaaaaah, these two are bad news together! I hope they don't end up in the same class!

Exam day had certainly been exciting. The start of it, at least. After all that mess, Hibiki wanted to just lie down all day, eat some oranges, and call it a day. But today was Monday. More importantly than that, it was the day classes were meant to start! She'd put on the uniform that UA had sent her, and once she'd confirmed with herself that she was in fact super-happy with the way it looked on her, hurried out to get to class. Hibiki had been told that she was to attend class 1-B. And so that was where she'd go! Hibiki hurried along, following her map as best as she could manage.

While she did make a few wrong turns, getting to 1-B wasn't overly difficult. As she looked around, she saw a handful of other students. And by that she really meant only three of them, unless she'd missed one somewhere. Including that tall girl from the exam! But a lot of people seemed to be talking to her all at once, and based on their brief encounter the other day, Hibiki imagined she probably wouldn't like that all that much. It would be better to wait, right?

But that didn't mean she couldn't sit next to the girl. Which she did. The teacher would probably ask everyone to introduce themselves anyway, right?

I'm actually in the hero course! Look out bad guys, Hibiki Himura is on the case! Someday.

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka merely continued to smile at the antics of her classmates to be. Looking to each and every one of them as they spoke up, she noted those that had come back together in groups. The flirtatious actions of Itsuki. The overly aggressive actions of both red haired girl and Misu. The congratulatory actions of those that had partners. The "over achieving," if one could call it that, of a certain "Napalm." And of course, the actions of the girl Valerie proclaiming to be the best hero that there would be here. Yuuka couldn't help but feel as though she was horridly out of place amongst all of them, and that she felt this way was the greatest confirmation she could have as to whether or not these were students worth being heroes. As their proctor, Sharp Shogun, gave them their first assignment, Yuuka couldn't help but look forward to the answers of all of her classmates. 

Yuuka had made her way out of her home, precisely on track to get to school on time. Wearing her new uniform, which looked very natural on someone like Yuuka, the girl was merely reviewing her notebook from the day before. She had wasted no time in her efforts to see what the next generation of fully trained heroes would be like, and as such had thought on the day's events as best as she could and compiled them all. Naturally, this meant she spent a good part of her night writing down notes on the heroes-to-be that she had seen. Of course, this was only the beginning and her bag filled with notebooks was indication enough that she planned to keep these efforts up through the school day. 

Getting to the school proper, the girl had weaver her way through the halls, not having much difficulty in finding her classroom. Standing at the door, the girl's smile only seemed to grow wider as the situation before her seemed to dawn on her once more. Once she had stepped through this door, she would be one step closer to reaching her ideal. One step closer to a better, hero filled future. How could one not be overjoyed? Opening the door to Class 1-B, Yuuka stepped in. 

Practically illuminating, smile on her face as she walked in, she looked to see the other students already there. Her mood only seemed to brighten as she noticed that she was in the same class as both the girl who proclaimed they would be the best of them, and the thuggish - though decidedly less so at the moment - looking one. With one hand holding a notebook, she used her free hand to wave to the rest of the class saying, "good morning everyone. Pleasure to be in the same class as you all." Walking to a desk, the girl sat down as she asked, "did you all do your homework?" Though it was chipper, the tone of her voice seemed to be impossible to distinguish if she was actually asking them or making a joke. 

"Dunno, forgot. But all I know is you must've hit him real hard."

"Ah okay, that's fair. It's just that-" Lesnar began to respond before seeing that Valerie had already shifted her attention to another guy leaning against a wall.

"Hey, what's a good-lookin' gaijin like yourself doin' here? My name's Itsuki, what's your's?"

Lesnar took this opportunity to reapply his headphones to play something mellow and calming to put him at ease, but before he pressed play, he heard one of the teachers begin to speak.

"Alright everyone, let's calm down now.  The test has now concluded.  No more fighting unless instructed, 'kay? Now that you're all here, you've passed the U.A. entrance exam, and as such will be enrolled into the first official hero course."

Lesnar passed. He knew this, but hearing it announced confirmed it. A wave of excitement and satisfaction hit him, so much so that he could confuse it with his internal ringing.

"However, if we sense that you will be even the slightest threat to the government, or people of Japan, we will kick you out no questions asked. This means that your first assignment will be to answer my one question here, when you come back for class. What does it mean to you, to be a hero?"

To be a hero... what a loaded question. Lesnar asked it to himself under his breath, pondering on what response to give. He had a good idea for what it meant, especially after the acts he's made back in New York, but to have it asked directly... it was hard to put into words.

"I would like to be the first to welcome you to our school, U.A!  Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Edge Hero, Sharp Shogun!  I'll be the head teacher for 1-A's class, so those of you all who end up there, I'll see you on Monday! To the others, dwell on that question, and give your teacher a fine response...or they'll kick you out for good."

Oh fuck, seriously? Lesnar screamed in his thoughts. Kicked out for giving a wrong answer to the vaguest question he's ever been asked? Rewinding a bit in his memory, that teacher's name was Sharp Shogun. Good to know. Also, he teaches class 1-A. Is that the class Lesnar would be going to? He supposed he'd be notified of where he was placed, which he didn't much care about... except that perhaps Valerie would be in the same class as him? Lesnar could only hope, but all unlikely fantasies aside, the mass of people were dismissed, which Lesnar followed albeit slower than most. Slow enough to see that Misu girl was staying behind in his peripherals. Of course, he kept walking, not wanting anything to do with that steaming stack of scary.

Nonetheless, he went back to his apartment, where his bed was. Still exhausted and now sore, he swayed to fall onto his bed and almost fall asleep immediately.

The following morning was even more painful as the soreness from the day before began to swell. Lesnar groaned as he got up from bed minutes before his alarm went off, immediately turning it off. Like a zombie with feelings, he went about his morning routine; get out of bed - see what there's to eat - grab the first thing I see - you know what, this doesn't sound good - grab something else - decide on something for fuck's sake - eat it - regret my decision but it's too late now - brush teeth, throw on clothes... you get the idea.

Finally ready for the day, he grabbed what he was sure was all he needed, including the acceptance letter he received from the school. Reading it for the first time was a surreal moment. Despite knowing that he got it, and hearing it being announced, reading it on paper was a whole different experience. On the letter was the usual pep talk from teachers congratulating the accepted students, but the most important bit was the class he was assigned to: Class 1-B. Finally, he knew where to go. Leaving his apartment, he knew that there was no one to say goodbye to before his first day of school. Those days were gone, and he was thankful for it.

That morning gave him a feeling of deja vu as he walked down the same path he did the previous day, only this time paying more attention to his surroundings. His headphones were on, but only one ear was covered with calm music playing (Rush - Subdivisions). As he approached the school, he entered his own personal GPS mode, following the halls and hugging the walls to find the sign that said 1-B, which he did after a few missed turns. Either way, he was able to make it on time.

He paused for a moment before sliding the door open to reveal the classroom full of students. He immediately began to scan for people he recognized. Misu, the steam engine. Yuudai, Valerie, the hot- ahem, fiery girl, Hibiki, the bat girl. Yuuka, the... uh... He only vaguely recalled Yuuka, let alone what her quirk was, but that was a question for later. Others were either in the room that he didn't recognize or had yet to arrive. What's important was Lesnar was on time and not awkwardly late. The situation would've killed him.

He found himself a seat, somewhat comforted by the familiarity with most of his classmates. Before sitting down, he approached Valerie.

"Same class, huh? What a coincidence." He chuckled shyly, veering his eyes to the side. He wasn't sure if the sudden rise in body temperature was her aura or his blood starting to accelerate. On the test field it was different, but now that things have calmed down, adrenaline was no longer a factor in getting words out well. He would just have to wait on how things turn out in terms of meeting new people.

Edited by Thar

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda waited for Herc to show up, arms crossed. He wouldn't have to wait all that much, however, as he saw the titanic bug man come through the gates. He seemed to be trying to sneak by, which was working as well as you'd think it would for someone of his size. He had to give it to him, he was doing a decent job at sneaking - Suda had even lost him at some point, and he wasn't making a sound. "Now where did he..."

"Man, it's about time you got here," Suda turned quickly, started that Herc had managed to sneak up on him like that "I was afraid you wouldn't make it. Well, it's good thing you did though. But guess what this means?" He said with a wide grin. Suda chuckled, shaking his head.

"Nice try, but I saw you walk in." He said, pointing to the door. "As for my spoils..." He thought for a second, before shrugging. "Eh, I'll figure something out." He shrugged as he turned Sharp Shogun, who was giving them an assignment on the first day. "Seriously? Ugh." He said, rolling his eyes. He turned back to Herc. "Welp, I'll tell you what I got in mind on Monday."

Suda wasn't too happy with the uniform he had to wear. It lacked the sort of oomph he was looking for in an outfit. And the thought that others would be wearing what he was wearing... "Well, they sure as hell ain't gonna pull it off better than me!" He laughed as he did his hair, and got ready for his first day of class. Once he decided that he was looking the part, he noticed that he didn't have much time to actually get to class. "Oh crap, I'm gonna be late!" He said, grabbing his bag as he rushed out the door.

While he got a bit lost, he eventually managed to get to the doors of 1-B, swinging the doors open as he walked it. "Good, I'm not late." He thought to himself, letting out a sigh of relief. He looked around to see that most of the students here he recognized from the exam day. As he looked around, he noticed that one of them was up, talking to the rest of the class.

"did you all do your homework?" Ah, so there was a nerd among them. Or at least he thought she was being earnest - it was very difficult to tell.

"Of course." He responded, walking up to the girl and turning to the rest of the class. "After all, what type of example would I, Suda Hiroharu, be setting for everyone if I didn't?" He said proudly, taking a seat near the front of the class. He leaned back on his chair, waiting for class to start.

Diana_Seigi.png

"Gaaah, what a day to be running late!"

Diana lamented as she ran down the road, headed towards her first day at UA. In truth, she was anything but late. She had left with time to spare, likely arriving 10 minutes early. Yet, here she was, running down the road with toast in her right hand. As she raised it to her mouth to take a bite of the over-buttered mess, she grimaced at her soaked hand, groaning loudly.

"Oh come on, I didn't think I buttered it that much! Dammit, now I gotta clean my hand before I can go in...!"

-----

By the time Diana arrived, she still had a few minutes left before class began. She would have loved to be the first one in, but the day before had left her a little burned out. Mostly from her own hype. She washed her hands near the entrance, then walked into class 1-B, a mix of excitement and nervousness coursing through her. She took a deep breath as she opened the door, speaking loudly, albeit less than a yell.

"<O-hai-yo, mee-nah!>" Diana called in an interesting accent, almost as if she was trying to pronounce the words in English. Walking through the doorframe, she scanned for Yuuka or Shoshiki... And she was pleasantly surprised to find Yuuka immediately. Taking a seat next to the smaller girl, she extended a fist with a big smile. "Hey, looking forward to our first day?"

" After all, what type of example would I, Suda Hiroharu, be setting for everyone if I didn't?"

"<I dunno, maybe one of humility?>" Diana called, in English, from where she sat with Yuuka, a little mischievousness to her tone. Guys like that were always trouble.

As Katsurou finished handing over his pocketed badges, he slowly turned to see Taro up and about, apparently have recovered from the poison and was walking over to him, arms outstretched and ready to help

“I didn’t...let you down...Tenkara-san,” Katsurou said with a wide grin as he tried to catch his breath. Handing over the dummy over to Taro and finding an open spot on a wall, Katsurou slumped to the ground, draining the rest of his water bottle before turning back to Taro.

“Glad to see you have recovered. It is a good thing that his poison was not a harmful one.”

As Taro bargained with another student with his dummy, Katsurou turned to look at the silhouettes of the last of the stragglers, who cast long shadows as a lovely sunset turned the sky shades of orange and red. This peaceful scene was suddenly broken as the two brutish students hurled threats and another loudly declared her name to be Valerie Clark.

Being a hero was not for the faint of heart, and from what he could see, his fellow students were in no short supply.

---

Monday arrived quickly for Katsurou. The first assignment of his school year began as soon as he was told he passed the practical exam. The philosophical question posed by Sharp Shogun echoed in the back of his mind as he gathered his school supplies and the notebook that contained his answer.

"What does it mean to you, to be a hero?"

The question struck him deeply and necessitated a weekend spent in thought and study. As far as he could remember, Katsurou’s quirk determined his path in life, both for weal and woe. If he had not had his quirk, he would still be living with his parents on that tiny island in Hokkaido, cut off from the rest of the world. Banishment was one of the worst experiences of his life, but also put him on the path to helping others that few others have the chance to do. It was both a blessing and a burden, but he was thankful for the opportunity, even if the path was decided for him.

The last things Katsurou packed was his trusty aluminum orb and his translated copy of the New Testament, which he placed gingerly on top of the rest of his books before closing his bag. Picking up the bag and smoothing the wrinkles out of his uniform, he took a look in his mirror, noticing that his ruminating had put a grim expression on his face. Letting out a resigned chuckle, Katsurou put his usual grin on his face before making a quick exit to school.

---

Katsurou approached the threshold of class 1-B, whistling his favorite song. Some of his fellow students had passed him to enter the classroom, eager to start their first day, but he did not change his pace to match theirs. He recognized a few, including Valerie Clark and that brute, and others that he only saw in passing in the practical exam. As he entered the classroom, he hoped that he would be better able to put the names to the familiar faces he saw.

As he took a sunny spot near the front of the class and unpacked his supplies, he surreptitiously surveyed the room.

The tall girl did not sport her distinct thuggish style and appeared to be quite uncomfortable, both in her uniform and in all the attention she was getting from the group of students assembling around her. She clearly had the largest profile and the personality to match. Valerie Clark was one of the students soliciting her, her lively energy appearing to physically manifest in a cloud of warm air around her.

A pair of silver haired students, a studious girl and a haughty boy, were talking about the assignment. By the tone of the boy’s voice, it sounded as if he already considered himself class president before the first day had begun.

A bold foreigner girl entered the room, greeting everyone with a strong English accent. Apparently, it was tradition to make a big first impression to your fellow classmates in America. Having been the outsider before, Katsurou couldn’t help but let out a nervous laugh while waving back at the girl before she went to talk to the studious girl.

He then noticed that the foreigner girl was oblivious to the butter that appeared to be covering her mouth. Whatever she had ate before had left a mark, and he thought it would be cruel to allow her to ruin her bold first impression due to such a small mistake. He approached her, handkerchief in hand, and gently tapped her shoulder.

“Excuse me, but you might have a little something on your face. I am not sure if you have one of these, but please take it.”

ohSLUWk.png

"Nice try, but I saw you walk in." Suda said, pointing to the door. "As for my spoils..." He thought for a second, before shrugging. "Eh, I'll figure something out."

"Darn, here I thought I'd get to joke around a bit," Herc snapped his fingers. "Just let me know soon. If I gotta buy something, I want plenty of time to get it, ya know? Not a lotta things come in this size,"

Monday was here, and Herc was excited. He was here, in hero school, ready to become a licensed hero! He slipped on his uniform, which thankfully fit his oversized body, and made him look pretty snazzy to, at least in his own mind. Still, he wasn't done dressing. He had a bet to fulfill after all. He slipped on his bee outfit, making sure that his front was opened. He had to have the uniform showing after all, that was just the rules. As he finished putting it on, his felt a wave of nerves hitting him.

It wasn't because of his state of dress, because that he could laugh off easily. It wasn't like people could easily bully him. It was about his homework. He had a hard time articulating what he wanted to say. He knew what he felt, what morals were ingrained into him... but he didn't know how to say it. He only hoped he figured it out by the time he got to school.

It turned out he was in class 1-B, so with that in mind he headed to the classroom, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself. Seemed like some people were already here. Time to own this bet.

"What's up? Bee-tle Man is in the house!" Herc called out as he threw open the door, posing so the class could bask in the glory of his cheap bee suit. After a few seconds, he scanned the room, looking to see if he could see anyone familiar. And the good news was, he did. "Yo, Yuudai, what's up bro?" Herc walked over, holding out a fist for a fist bump. "So we share a class. Awesome. Let's hope we get some more epic team ups," He then looked around, seeing if anyone else caught his attention. One did... and... "Ah man," Herc looked over Misu. "You're totally rockin'  that bancho look. I should have done something like that, it'd make this bee suit like, at least 5 times less lame," He shrugged. "Ah well,"

Looking over his shoulder, he could see the reason for why he was dressed up in such a way. Without another word, Herc began to head over to where Suda was. Instead of walking like a normal person, however, Herc decided it would be best to do this in the most stylish way possible, that is to say, he channeled his inner pop star and moon walked over to Suda's desk, reaching into his pocket and dropping a bag full of cereal on the desk. "Can you bee-lieve it, man?" He asked. "Bee-tle Man has gifted you with the gift of Honey... Nut Cheerios," With a chuckle, he began to moonwalk away once more, heading for a seat in the far back, where his oversized bulk wouldn't block someone's view of the front.

c8vVeoJ.png

Students kept coming into the classroom, no Napalm though, so that was a good thing. And another that came waltzing in...well, it might've been considered waltzing in anyway, a certain beetle...er...bee? A beetle in a bee suit! Surprising him greatly, Yuudai saw that he was in the same class as Herc, which definitely made things better now.

"Yo, Yuudai, what's up bro? So we share a class. Awesome. Let's hope we get some more epic team ups."

"Hell yeah man!" he chuckled, bumping fists with Herc. "And with me back at full strength, we'd definitely get better team ups."

Yuudai had a smile now, seeing that a guy he considered a friend was in the class. He watched the beetle moonwalk away from a white haired guy after presenting him with a thing of cereal. Which was a little odd...but then again, that was probably a bet he made with the guy...but who knows. At the same time, as he leaned back in his chair, he tossed his hands behind his head and began to think of something. Possible team up moves with the beetle...

Hmmm...oooooh, maybe go with a Fastball special! he thought, snickering to himself with a wide grin. I've been really wanting to do that! And out of everyone, he definitely seems like the one who could definitely work out best for that!

Itsuki Watanabe

Despite his least efforts, Itsuki had still managed to be accepted into UA. Though, considering his written exam, there was no surprise to see that he got put into Class 1-B. Still, he had accomplished what he needed to do and walked to school proudly. Now all he needed to do was breeze through school, graduate, beat up a bad guy now and then and live the easy life.

Itsuki strode into class later than most but still technically on-time. His uniform was on, more or less, but he wore the jacket with only the top two buttons on and the sleeves off, with the article pushed back like some sort of makeshift cape. It was still too warm to wear long sleeves anyways. Like a magnet, Itsuki was drawn to the back row of desks where he set down his bag, sat in the chair, and leaned back with his feet kicked up on top.

For the most part, Itsuki didn't recognize any of his classmates. Out of the ones he did recognize, he saw the girl that had punched him in the head, the gaijin who yelled "just ice" or whatever, the hot gaijin, Ballory was her name, right? And then Yuuka who almost cost Itsuki his admission into the school, though that was partially his fault. Unfortunately, the other person in the class was also the tall, scary-looking girl. Either Itsuki had seen her on the streets beating someone up before, or he had seen someone who looked similar doing just that. Either way, her entire presence spoke of the kind of danger that he had grown used to avoiding.

After a few moments, Itsuki was able to catch some bites of conversation and remembered the homework they were "assigned" just after the exam. "Shit, we were supposed to do something for today, weren't we," Itsuki said. "Whatever, I'll come up with somethin'."

whIkgqw.png

One by one, more students were entering the classroom.  And one by one, they insisted on playing buddy buddy.  It was going to be a long day.  

"Morning. Guess we're gonna be classmates here in 1-B. Shiba Yuudai." Giving him a first glance, she noticed the weird muscles ingrained into his arms.  It was interesting, but he was too friendly.  

"Beat it, twerp.  I'm not here to make friends."  She slammed her desk with a fist, and looked up to him with anger.  "If you don't remember my name, I'm gonna send you flyin'...If you ain't got the courtesy to remember mine, I ain't gonna remember yours."  That's when she felt a hearty slap on her back, one that tickled a little.  Her eyebrows twitched, as she looked to see where it came from, noticing that Valerie girl from before.  

"Looks like we're in the same class. Sorry that you'll be getting second in everything." She glanced down and grinned. 

"Oh?  Is that right."  Misu stood up to show off the difference in their height, cracking her knuckles as she did so.  "I ain't too fond of losing, so you're gonna have to make me, shorty!"  

"Skirt looks good on you though."  Misu's face turned red with either embarrassment, anger, or maybe a combination of the two, as she tried to pull down the frills of her skirt.  

"H-H-Hey!  Watch where you're lookin' shorty!  Or you'll get sent flyin' too!"  

"You're totally rockin'  that bancho look. I should have done something like that, it'd make this bee suit like, at least 5 times less lame, Ah well,"  The giant beetle from before had given her the look over too, as steam began to rise from her unexposed fists.  

"YOU'RE ALL GONNA GET SENT FLYING BY THE END OF HOMEROOM!"  She roared, getting into a tight punching posture.  

"Good morning everyone. Pleasure to be in the same class as you all.  Did you all do your homework?"  The sight of the adorable girl from the end of the competition somehow calmed her down.  Was it because she was so delicate looking that the breeze would snap her like a twig?  She'd fight the breeze to protect this poor thing.  She snapped out of her daze, and cleared her throat.

"Homework?"  Misu gave the girl a confused look, before being reminded about what that Sharp Shogun guy had said before.  Her fists softened, as steam started to come out of her mouth.  "Ah yeah...that bogus question, huh?"  She said, with a finger on her lip.  "If we don't have a good answer, we're probably getting kicked out...that must mean our teacher's pretty hardcore."  There was nothing more that she want than to get kicked out of the first day.  However, she couldn't help getting the thought of her family off of her mind.  "I can't really afford to get kicked out...are you guys just gonna bs it too?"  She asked in Valerie, Yuudai, and Yuuka's direction.  

Kess sneered as she rounded on Misu, shouting at her just as loudly in turn. "MAD YOU LOST, HUH? I DIDN'T RUN FROM THE FIGHT, I WON THE FIRST ROUND AND DIDN'T WASTE MY TIME WITH A SECOND!" She kicked at the cat she had obtained from Misu, barking out a laugh. "Glad to make it best of three, though. I'll cut you DOWN, you great big fuckin' tree!" Despite the difference in their sizes Kess was vibrating at a high speed, glaring straight up into Misu's face with no trace of fear. 

But Sharp Shogun caught her attention before she could escalate it further. She immediately turned away from Misu, eyeing the hero with rapt attention. Listening to the question he posed.

"To be a hero..." she muttered. Then Misu complained. "Shut up," she said simply, not looking at her, still listening to Sharp Shogun. Her expression was different now... Frowning, not with anger, but contemplation. 

She was still thinking about it when Misu started screaming at her again. One eye twitched as the ragged-looking girl turned her head slowly to watch Misu's retreating back. 
"Bring it on, bitch," she called after her casually, cracking her knuckles with an explosive pop. "Would be a waste of my time," she continued, more to herself, as she ran her eyes over all the leaving students. "... If I didn't have somebody to challenge me at least a little."

-----------------

Kess made the uniform look very delinquent, even though she was fairly sure she wasn't going to get dinged for a dress code violation. The blazer was slung over her left shoulder, the skirt at just a slight angle, and the tie was loose around her collar. Regardless, her parents didn't comment on it as Kess stalked through the house, refusing to look at them just as they didn't look at her, staying long enough only to grab a piece of toast before she walked outside.

Her legs would occasionally shudder with releases of energy, hastening her steps every few dozen feet. She was going to school with her scowl ready on her face, brushing past anyone who was in her way. Clutched in one hand was the acceptance letter she had received. Her mother had seemed confused to hand it to her when the mail came in that day. Though she had known it was coming, Kess had been shaking as she took it, and had been rereading it every couple of hours. It felt strange to see her name there, though she knew it should be. 
Her brother so far hadn't contacted the family about it.

She knocked the door to the classroom aside, putting a little more force than she intended behind it. She scanned the classroom, her scowl immediately turning into a resigned expression.

"What the hell is this reject gallery?" she asked wearily, striding in to take a seat, her blazer thrown over the back of her chair. She ran her eyes over everyone, ignoring most. The only ones she acknowledged were Misu (with a glare), Herc (with a confused look at his bee getup), and Yuudai. That last one was met with a rock in her hand that she chucked at his head.

"I brought that in from outside JUST IN CASE... FUCKER," she yelled at him, jumping from her seat and leaning over her desk to shout at him. She scoffed as she crossed her arms, turning to sit on the top of the desk. "You better have a good reason to be here when the teacher asks, What's-Your-Name... Else I'll kick you out the goddamn window. Have your head find another rock outside."

Edited by Faytl

Before Yuuka could respond, a boy from class walked up to her. She didn't really remember him, but here he was offering a handkerchief for some reason?

“Excuse me, but you might have a little something on your face. I am not sure if you have one of these, but please take it.”

"Eh? I have..." Diana absentmindedly touched her face with her left hand, turning beet red as she felt the butter, "<Oh my God, I can't believe I've done this.> Um, th-thank you, uh..."

Diana looked down as she cleaned her face, realizing that she didn't even know this boy's name. As she handed the handkerchief back, she took care to get her hairstyle back to its proper order, before giving him a weak smile.

"What was your name, again?"