Sign in to follow this  
Fusion

Crunchyroll's 2018 Anime Awards

COb71vq.png

Crunchyroll has released their list of nominees for their 3rd Anime Awards this year and you can cast your votes here. They also have the nominees listed out here.

Do you guys have any favorites to win or stuff you wish was on there? I didn't realize until recently just how many great shows came out this year, so I won't be begrudging too many picks if my votes lost. I think I mainly just want to see Devilman Crybaby, Violet Evergarden, Megalobox, and A place further than the universe snag some wins.

Potential spoilers ahead for 2018 anime

EDIT: Interesting, some of the logo blends perfectly into the forum background depending on the skin you're using. In case the logo's looking weird to you.

Edited by Fusion

I'm consistently only familiar with 1 of the nominees on most of these categories. It's Bloom Into You for animation, but with what little I've seen of Violet Evergreen and what I know of the studio, I'm going with that. Tweets.

The only thing I had more to work with were character related, but I'm sorry, I can't vote Mai over other Bunny Girl characters, even if she is THE bunny girl.

Wanted to watch Gridman without being spoiled (but anyone who looks at these could be spoiled), but after the fanart and real swimsuit scene I saw, I didn't think that character was an antagonist. ?

EDIT: Wait, looking at the "Meet the Nominees"... is there no manga again? Aw.

Edited by Nico

24 minutes ago, iarimakousei said:

Best Fight - Gosh, All for one vs All Might was incredible and really significant. Goku vs Jiren was your typical DB "I am gunna level up and break past my limits because #Saiyan" fight but Ultra Instinct was really cool. I'd choose All for one vs All Might.

Nice picks, I think the All fight was one of the series' best moments, but I wish All for One got more creative with the quirks at this disposal rather than just turning his arm huge. But the narrative weight is what really matters and

Spoiler

United States of Smash will go down as one of the greatest finishers of all time.

Gigguk made a cool video talking about that fight and other ones in MHA. And it doesn't shit all over the series despite how the title looks.

21 minutes ago, Nico said:

I'm consistently only familiar with 1 of the nominees on most of these categories. It's Bloom Into You for animation, but with what little I've seen of Violet Evergreen and what I know of the studio, I'm going with that. Tweets.

The only thing I had more to work with were character related, but I'm sorry, I can't vote Mai over other Bunny Girl characters, even if she is THE bunny girl.

Wanted to watch Gridman without being spoiled (but anyone who looks at these could be spoiled), but after the fanart and real swimsuit scene I saw, I didn't think that character was an antagonist. ?

Bunny Girl Senpai did have a lot of great characters and contenders for Best Girl. That may have been my sleeper hit of the season because I expected more generic crap from the title and summary until people got excited over it. Goes to show you can't always judge a book by its cover.

Good point, I'll add a spoiler disclaimer to the OP. I've seen a couple other people get spoiled about that show and character too, which is a shame. I got spoiled similarly a few years back when Madoka Magica's antagonist won the award on a different forum.

These are my votes. I feel like I was too quick to vote on some of them and would change them if possible, but whatever.

Spoiler

Best Animation - Violet Evergarden

Best Opening Sequence - Kakegurui

Best Ending Sequence - MEGALOBOX (I love the song)

Best Film - Liz and the Blue Bird

Best Character Design - Zombie Land Saga

Best Boy - Kotaro Tatsumi

Best Girl - Asirpa

Best Voice Actor Performance (Japanese) - Mamoru Miyano

Best Voice Actor Performance (English) - Christopher Sabat

Best Director - Taichi Ishidate (Violet Evergarden)

Best Protagonist - Retsuko

Best Antagonist - Yuri

Anime of the Year - Devilman Crybaby

Best Fight Scene (Presented by Capcom) - Naruto & Sasuke vs Momoshiki
Best Continuing Series (Presented by VRV) - March comes in like a lion