Sign in to follow this  
---

I'm hesitant about the game just because the last Jump game sucked and I paid full-price for it when I later found it in a bargain bin for like $5. I'm hoping it's good and much better than that last one.

I've got a large wishlist which I'm not sure how realistic it is because the game seems to be up to 33 characters already, pretty sizable roster. I suppose there's always DLC though.

Spoiler

My Hero Academia

Bakugo

Todoroki

All Might

Naruto

Gaara

Rock Lee

Kakashi

Obito

Yu Yu Hakusho

Hiei

Kurama

Kuwabara

The main 4 are such a unit together, but I don't think it's big enough to have that many reps anymore.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Seto Kaiba - (With the Duel Monsters Blue Eyes White Dragon, Battle Ox and Obelisk the Tormentor)

Dragon Ball

Gohan

Beerus

Game is definitely intriguing, but I will say this for anyone who has any misconceptions. 'Jump' Force is built entirely around Shonen Jump, they will not have any characters that originated anywhere else. AT MOST there could be something from sister magazines with "Jump" in their name, but they won't (or to be more exact, more than likely can't unless they come up with some crazy partnership deal) include characters from other publishers (E.g. Kodansha's Attack on Titan) or original properties (Gurren Lagann).

36 minutes ago, iarimakousei said:

Me too, but seeing Yagami LIght in there had me thinking they will more characters. It is also why i did not add any Attack on Titan characters to my wishlist, but we will see.

True, there could still be characters involved in the story that just aren't playable, I could settle for that. It's a pretty solid roster at the moment, so I don't think I have any complaints on that front even if this is the full opening day cast.

20 minutes ago, Nico said:

Game is definitely intriguing, but I will say this for anyone who has any misconceptions. 'Jump' Force is built entirely around Shonen Jump, they will not have any characters that originated anywhere else. AT MOST there could be something from sister magazines with "Jump" in their name, but they won't (or to be more exact, more than likely can't unless they come up with some crazy partnership deal) include characters from other publishers (E.g. Kodansha's Attack on Titan) or original properties (Gurren Lagann).

They could always hop on the Smash Bros trend with 3rd party characters, Natsu Dragneel anyone Kappa.png

2 minutes ago, Fusion said:

They could always hop on the Smash Bros trend with 3rd party characters, Natsu Dragneel anyone Kappa.png

I've seen weirder in fighting games, haha. Not so much in anime/manga games, but that would honestly still be really cool.

This has made me think of who I'd want as 3rd party characters.

I'd say: Natsu, Genos (I wouldn't throw Saitama in just because of the whole one-hit gag), Rin Okumura, Edward Elric, and Maka/Soul.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, Fusion said:

I paid full-price for it when I later found it in a bargain bin for like $5.

Oof. I've been there.

So seeing as I'm pretty much caught up on a bit of Shonen as of recently - and I was a big fan of the Tenkaichi games back in the day - I might try this or something similar out.

Kenshin, Gaara, Kakashi, kinda Yugi, and Deku (If only cause MHA though he's on the lower tier of characters I like from it) are basically the only characters I care about on the roster.

The idea of an anime fighting game is great to me but I always knew it'd be filled with characters I don't care about as I don't like the long shonen series for the most part. And even then usually I like the side characters (Shikamaru best Naruto character) so while I like this idea...I realistically knew it wouldn't be something I'd be into. It's a shame really.

Kaguya made it in, huh? Guess that makes sense, but I would've picked Obito. Dude'll probably be DLC anyways.

Interesting that Black Clover and MHA only had their MCs in, I guess the big focus though was on some of the older series.

Still a little hesitant about this game, also just learned it's the same studio doing this as the last one. They may have made some improvements though and the staff itself may be different, so hoping for a positive turn.