Sign in to follow this  
(o ×)

(me) vs Yui 1v1 [THAT BASTARD YUI WON]

Hey this sounds fun since nobody here plays yu-gi-oh and a second set of nobody makes cards.

Someone should 1v1 me, first to 3 votes wins. Whoever shows up can choose the theme, I'm game for anything. I have nothing to offer to the winner other than a rep, but if the challenger can offer up like a thousand or two points that I can blow on blackjack I wouldn't exactly complain.

Whoever wants to partake in this 1v1 is welcome, I don't care if you're fuckin ycmaker. The important part is everyone who views this thread without challenging me is a coward.

Requirement: Create an ED support card for an archetype that does not currently have any ED cards (pendulum doesn't count).

Card A:

The_Agent_of_Desolation_-_Pluto.png

1 "The Agent" Tuner + 1+ LIGHT Fairy monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Banish 1 card from your opponent's hand or GY, then, if you control "The Sanctuary in the Sky", banish a second card, face-down. While you control "The Sanctuary in the Sky" and your LP are higher than your opponent's, monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the difference. Monsters with less than 1000 ATK cannot activate their effects.

Card B:

Image.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Fishborg Token" (Fish/Tuner/WATER/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 200). You can tribute a WATER monster you control; Special Summon 1 WATER tuner from your deck. You can only use each of these effects of "Fishborg Scavenger" once per turn. During your opponent's Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon a WATER monster using this card you control. You can only activate and resolve this effect if all monsters you control are WATER.

Edited by (✧△✧)
Congrats to You!

1 hour ago, radio414 said:

i'm too much of a coward to participate but i can provide two thousand (2000) points as a prize for the winner hope this helps

It does.

i'm in. theme is "create a extra deck support card for an archetype that has no extra deck monsters*"

*pendulum monsters don't count; arches that are all pend but have no monsters that live in the extra deck are gucci

Edited by Yui

Card B

My experience with Yugioh these days is in RPs (so basically nil) but I found Card B easier to grok, I guess? It makes a tuner, can find a tuner, and can synchro more things. While Card A does something similar, combining a lot of the things Agents already do, it doesn't scratch that same Melvin-y (mtg jargon) itch Card B does.

I’m going with card A. It provides a ridiculous amount of stun to the opponent and can potentially shut down boards depending on the archetype. While Card B does practically fuel itself to extend synchro plays even on the opponent’s turn, I think that A’s stun mechanics are too powerful to be outclassed by B.

I'm really feeling my age reading these two. Gonna vote for Card A on this one. Card B's job as the link in a synchro chain is interesting but I feel like Card A jives with the effects of real Agents and has that stun going for it.

Besides, Card B is clearly a dolphin! Mammalborgs are not to be trusted.

6 hours ago, Truffle Shuffle said:

I'm really feeling my age reading these two. Gonna vote for Card A on this one. Card B's job as the link in a synchro chain is interesting but I feel like Card A jives with the effects of real Agents and has that stun going for it.

Besides, Card B is clearly a dolphin! Mammalborgs are not to be trusted.

Vote accepted!

Also, fishborg archer has a seal in it.

2-1 card a!

Edited by (✧△✧)

Non-mechanic way, I was going to say Card A because the dolphin isn't a fish, but it had come to my attention (i.e the post above) that FB Archer is a seal...soooo that won't fly lol

All seriousness: both cards are pretty good, specifically for what they're intended to do in each archetype. Now here's where my knowledge on Agents and Fishborg show that it's at zero, since I don't know which one embodies that archetype more. But from what I can tell, Card A does seem to be in the right direction of how Agents function as an archetype. Though I'm surprised there wasn't any mention of Mystical Shine Balls lol...

Card A has my vote.