2o2eFBP.png

Hello......hello. Again? No, that's not right. Hello for the first time, for you at least, everyone. I hope this message gets through. You see...there have been some problems in my universe. Oh, right, there's multiple universes. Don't worry you'll understand eventually. Anyway something has gone horrible wrong. And the only hope we have is...all of you.

No pressure. Well. Perhaps a small, just a tad, a smidgen really, bit of pressure.

I, we, really need your help. You won't be alone and, even if you find yourself in the unfamiliar, take heart that you have comrades. You will fight together. Live together. Argue with. Forge bonds. Perhaps even more. At least...I hope so.

Perhaps you'll just kill each other. This isn't an exact science. It's not even science at all, not really, actually.

But that's enough from me. There's plenty more to say and I, while I'm a wonderful orator, would take far too long to explain it all.

Rules

Spoiler

1. All site rules apply. Including RP rules of course.

2. If you are being held up by another RPer let me know so I can try and do something about it. If you don't you will also be held accountable.

3. Consistently holding others back will result in being kicked. If you have to be away then don't drag others down. I'll be more lenient in those cases.

4. Discord not required but recommended.

5. First ten seconds

Premise

Spoiler

This takes place in the same world as my Smash RP. However it's a different timeline. Instead of being fighters in an Arena, taken from various universes, you will be a group brought there to help against the threats in the world.

Basically you'll be using characters from RPs from YCM and NCM in this. And you'll be facing off against threats from other universes. Be it my own OCs or some things from other RPs as well.

The intent is to run as a sort of monster of the week thing. Sometimes it'll be actual monsters sometimes it'll be just Really Bad People. Some are already in the city working in the shadows some will appear suddenly and wreck havoc. But only people also from other universes, and occasional exceptional beings, seem to be able to truly stand up to them.

There will be other groups as well, mostly as an excuse for me to add non-antagonistic characters of mine, but the focus will be on the PCs.

I also hope for slice of life moments between these while the overarching plot goes down.

Oh and as a note I'd like to mention that the combat will likely at times be...over the top. Incredible feats and exploding buildings and so on.

Setting

Spoiler

Unlike before I won't include a map. As even the best detailed map I could do would feel too small. The RP takes place on the planet Rama-Indri and the city of Prana. It's a vast and wealthy city on an otherwise dying planet. The city itself floats in the air and has several levels stacked above each other. The first two levels have many buildings, including stores, housing, and entertainment, and the lower level is more lower-income housing. At the ground level, on the actual surface of the planet, is essentially a slums as well as a huge mine.

The city is powered by Aetherstones, magic crystals that power the technology of the city. Prana is a somewhat futuristic science-fantasy setting that I intend to base somewhat on cyberpunk ideas.

Applications

Spoiler

This will be much different than most RPs. You'll need to post the already made app, as best you can, to NCM in a legible format for NCM. And provide a link to the RP they come from.

You can edit the character to update them into something you're more comfortable with BUT try and keep them generally the same person. Especially for anything more recent.

I'll also want you to note any important events from the RP that occurred that caused any changes and how/when they get "transported" to this RP. As in if it happened during the RP or in a theoretical time after the events of the RP or otherwise. (and if after the RP please summarize the events that happened)

Also I want the combat information highlighted/separate from the rest. Even if the character isn't from something combat-centric (say a YGO RP) they can be "updated" to have some sort of combat capabilities. Summoner for instance. The universe has an "auto-balancer" which essentially will make each character on more equal footing. (though some "stronger" characters are to be expected, it's not perfect balancing) For instance a superhero with amazing powers and a fantasy swordsman can fight about as well even if very differently.
That said if you WANT your characters power level to be a bit lower, for growth or characterization, that's fine. I just don't want anyone to feel that they can't use X character because Y and Z are so above them in power.

Accepted Apps

If you do join please be able to stay dedicated to somewhat frequent posting. I want this to work and not just be a "fun thing to play around in for a month then leave" so be sure to pick your character carefully. They're gonna be with you for a while. If you're unsure about anything let me know. I'll try and point out anything I see as problematic but don't feel down if I do it's kinda just my nature.

Lastly I won't have a solid limit on number of players but if I feel it's too much I'll make a limit.

Well...there you have it, let's get this going!

i feel like if i don't note interest joseph will probably find a way to murder me in my sleep

unknown.png

Who am I?

Name: Devin Kismet

original_drawn_by_haizome_senri__sample-

Personality

Devin is a trickster at heart. Their shapeshifting is predominately used for trickery of the sort. Pranks, petty theft, and the like are nothing in their eyes. Some reservations seem to be held in regards to truly meanspirited actions, but overall, everyone is open to ribbing or pranks from Devin.

There occasionally seems to be some uncertainty to the shapeshifter's actions, but it's usually a well hidden sentiment.

Biography

Devin was actually a young girl born to the unlikely pairing of a Lovecraftian Outer God and an unlikely human woman. Foisting himself upon her, the woman began to swell with the unborn child of the tentacled horror. She was born with blonde hair and green eyes, but his form quickly changed, losing her original form. She  grew to a complete understanding of who she was within days, and knew that her duty in the world was to dominate it, and to subjugate all men, women, and women who dress like men. They would be her... no, his playthings as he inherited the entire world. Man, horror, trickster... He donned a black longcoat, complete with oversized buckles, as well as a fedora and walked out the door, his eyes turning snake-like, yellow, and his hair a straight green mop on his head, a cackle escaping as the world would know the name of its destroyer. Precipice.

... But that's just a theory. An origin theory.

Overlap Addition: Blindingly false origin story aside, Devin would be here some weeks after the beginning of Villain School. As such, they are attached to... Well, Inu and Robbie Rotten. It's mostly been normal school, although they wrestle with their issues... and strongly dislike that Patton boy. They are, perhaps, slightly more stable than when they arrived in the school for lunatics. And slightly less sure of their goals.

Villain/Combat Information

Alias: Precipice

Power: Shapeshifting

Devin's body has the ability to change at will, leading to a lack of solid appearance or discernable gender.

The more humanity given up in a shift, the less sane Devin remains. Currently capable of only giving up 30%.

Devin lacks the ability to properly make non-human body parts, such as functional wings or gills, without a full transformation. This can be solved by learning about the way those creatures function in detail, so school and study will naturally increase this capability.

Size can only be approximately doubled. Any more will result in stretching, eventually to the point of being akin to a Halloween prop.

Overlap Addition: With the stage Devin is at, the above is mostly true, especially with other... certain factors. They can transform probably up to 40%, but it's risky. That said, they have been ravenously consuming any, and all, knowledge related to forms they can take, so the former issue of knowledge needed for body parts is now only for much more complex systems.

Classes

1st Period: Psychology

2nd Period: Free Period

3rd Period: Linguistics

4th Period: PE

5th Period: History

6th Period: Physics

7th Period: Biology

8th Period: Power Management

Miscellaneous

-Tends to reference pop culture with the changes to their body, copying famous images such as the Troll Face. Overlap Addition: However, they seem to have added some curious characters to this line up...

-Hates being called a trap/tomboy/etc.

-Theme: Brink of Calamity (to be added later)

https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/366064-a-school-of-villains-oocnot-acceptingpg-16/

Church-Goin' Girl

Spoiler

yOaBz5p.jpg
The LORD knows my prayers. He is in my heart. He is in my soul.

Name: Melissa Thomas Ashforth
Appearance:

Spoiler

nkdrABY.jpg

Melissa stands on the shorter end of five feet and four inches and weighs about 110 pounds. Depicted above is something akin to her formalwear, her “Sunday Best” as some might call it. Despite its cartoonish, costume-esque appearance, it’s what she is most comfortable in during times of worship or prayer. Her normal clothing is similarly formal, or at the very least conservative. Ankle-high dresses are practically all she wears if she can get away with it, and her posture is similarly as straight up-and-down as this sort of attire requires. 

Melissa generally prefers her hair shorter than the above picture, generally keeping it just below the shoulder. She seldom removes her crucifix necklace and is incredibly uncomfortable when not wearing it. She doesn’t tend to use any other accessories outside of her duel disk which is a standard model, given character only by the signs of wear it has endured.

o̵̴͠͠h͝҉͞ ͠҉͜t͞͏h̨̧̧͢i̶͜s̢̧ ̵̵̡̛p̴͜o̧o̸͝͞ŕ̴ ̶̴̧͝į̧͘ǹ̨n͡ǫ̶̷̕͜c̶͡͞e҉̶n̷͟͝t̢̡̧͢ ̢̛̀͟͡ş̶̛o̡͠ų̵ĺ̸̸̵͝

What else would she be wearing the moment Mauvache whisked her away? What other outfit is so undeniably her? Even when she asked for more garments, all that was provided to her was more of the same. And yet, she seems to take comfort in the uniformity. It reminds her of home, she says, however far away that may be.

Personality:

Spoiler

It’s not that I don’t have anything to say. It’s just that I’d really rather not say it.

Melissa finds a lot of spiritual comfort in Catholicism, though she doesn’t really like to talk about it. Melissa doesn’t like to talk about a lot of things, actually. Outside of scripture readings and the standard “Peace be with you” (“And with your spirit”), Melissa’s voice slowly decreases in decibel level until it is barely a mumble.

Interacting with Melissa, therefore, is a series of ordeals, each three or four sentences long. It’s not that she tries to push people away, it’s just that, well, wouldn’t it be better if she was left alone? Just for a little bit? She’s better with people she’s gotten to know, sometimes holding her own in lengthy, meaningless, conversations that friends tend to have with each other, but it’s definitely the “getting to know you” stage that she suffers at. It should be noted that a lot of this comes from the mere idea of face-to-face interaction. When online or through SMS (even with the recipient still in talking range), many of these inhibitions fade away and she’s almost a normal person.

Sometimes, whether because of some external influence (“You should get out more!”) or a sincere attempt to better herself, Melissa will try to push past these mental barriers she’s set up for herself. It’s in these instances -- instances that last for maybe a week at most -- where Melissa meets new people. It’s never great -- meeting new people never is for her -- but these people are added to the people she is slightly more comfortable talking with, and for Melissa, that’s enough.

All this also translates over to Melissa’s dueling style. In a general sense, dueling is still interacting with another person; it’s still an interaction she’d like to get over with, so she duels as efficiently as possible, though perhaps at the expense of skill. She’s prone to mistakes, sometimes missing an on-board trick or not properly playing around a trap. When she does take her time, she’s amazing, but these are flashes of brilliance lost in a fog of mediocrity.

h̵̀͢͜o̧w̧͢͟͡ ̀͟n̴̕͞a̡̛͡ï͟͟͢v̶́̀͟ę͜͢͝ ̶̕͏s̷̀̀h͟ę̢̛ ̶̨̧w͘͡a̷ş̷̷̀͢

Was that really true? Or was it just a reassuring white lie she told herself every morning to wash away the inevitable social mistake? Despite how she would like to frame it, she does still talk to people and has no compunctions doing so when she believes she is in the right. Her friends -- and she did have friends -- saw this side of her all the time.

It’s her convictions, really, that save the day. She has a strong sense of right and wrong and a desire to push back against any wrong she sees. So while she still constantly finds herself in a state of terror and anxiety, she does not falter, or she tries really hard not to, in any case.

All the same, she doesn’t prefer talking about us.

Biography:

Spoiler

I have never heard The LORD speak myself, and I don’t pretend to know what He would say. I can only hope that He would approve.

It’s not that her parents were particularly religious, it’s not that one of them had died and Melissa had turned to spirituality for answers, and it certainly wasn’t aggressive recruiting by some fringe group, but for as long as Melissa could remember, she’d been an active member of some church or another. Her parents don’t really attend -- they’re more of a “Christmas and Easter” sort of family -- but they know it makes her happy.

Church and school take up the two largest chunks of Melissa’s life. In fact, Melissa learned how to duel during an after-church youth group session. The leaders, a couple named Nick and Katie, were very interested in keeping violent conflict to a minimum, and introducing their students to the dome’s most popular game was as good a solution as any. It was in this environment that Melissa was introduced to the Darklords.

Darklord Nasten’s struggle for repentance resonated with Melissa, who herself constantly deals with her own crises of faith. Most of them, broadly, concern her own desire for perfection contrasted with how fallible she knows she can be. During especially bad periods she can spend more time in or near a confession booth than outside of one.

Melissa dreams of joining a convent -- it doesn’t particularly matter which one -- taking a vow of silence, and disappearing into the halls of her nunnery without a word. But there’s also a small part of her, a part that she’d really rather ignore thank you very much, that wonders if that’s particularly healthy of her, and maybe, just maybe…

Well, there’s a reason she doesn’t like to think about it.

w̸̡h̸̶̡͝à͜͝͞t̶̢͢͠ ̷̸͟͞h̷̷͠͠a͢͏͠͝p̢͢͢͝ṕ̵̛͟é̀͠n̴͜e̷͘d̕͠͡,̵̸̶̢͝ ͢͞͞҉g̷̛̀͠i̵̷̢͢r͏̧l̴̵̢̛̀?͘҉̢ ҉͜h̷̴͡o͏̀҉w̶̶͠͝ ̢̧̀͡͞d̨̧̡͟i̶͠d̀͟͞ ̸͏͡y̶̨̨ó́͡u̢͢҉ ͏͘͟͡f̨̧̀́̀i̢͡͠n̵̢͢͟͡d͞͏̸̛ ̶̀͘͢y̧͞o͢͝͡u͏r̴̸̡͞s̡͢e͢͜l͝f̛͝͝ ̵̵͘͘͟h̶́͜e̵̴r͘͏̧͢e͟?҉̴̀̕

Mauvache summoned her just a week after the Mystic Piper and its level one brethren attacked Blue Yonder, and she was still dealing with the fallout of that. Her part in dealing with it meant she was now the savior of the school, recognized at every turn whether she liked it or not, which of course her community service club capitalized on in their fundraising efforts. But there were personal things to deal with as well. She’d been introduced to us just that morning; she recognized us as a foreign voice in her head and she still needed to learn what we were.

And, of course, there were so, so many things she’d wanted to say to Gabby.

But she was not the only one taken that day. Our representation was on Melissa’s person, which meant Mauvache had summoned us as well. Who are we? Put most simply, an element of the artificial intelligence ADMIN infused in a card with the intention of preventing access to ADMIN’s physical shell. The jump across the multiverse took more than just that though, it ripped a chunk of ADMIN’s processes away, separating them from the whole.

We lacked the physical machinery to maintain ourselves, so we latched onto her mind instead. A dangerous endeavor, yes, but wholly necessary. To assuage the brain to our presence, we presented ourselves as something Melissa knew well; we took the form of angels.

Combat Information:

Spoiler

Dueling Information:

Spoiler

Deck: Darklords/Archlords. These cards tell the stories of fallen angels, which mechanically translates to large angel-shaped fairies moving quickly from hand or deck to graveyard to play. When Melissa is feeling particularly motivated (or, to be a bit more specific, feels as if she has no other choice), her Duel Skill allows her to redeem these angels once more, transforming them into their Archlord variants. The strategy remains the same, just with slightly more powerful effects.

Ace Card: The "Boss Monster" of the Darklords is The First Darklord, though Melissa prefers Darklord Nasten for reasons mentioned in her "Biography" section.

Custom Cards: Archlords

Duel Skill: Last Sacrament: If your LP are 4000 or less, during your Main Phase: You can banish any number of "Darklord" cards from your hand, Deck and/or GY, and if you do, replace each of them with 1 "Archlord" card from your Side Deck with an identical word in its name to the card banished.

m̧̀͜è͟ŕ̴̨͡e̵̸͢ ̵̸́͞͝t̵́r̛i̶͝͝c̷̢̕k̷͡͞͡s͏͢ ̨̛̕ò̴̀͡f̀͘͞͞͠ ̛͟͠ţ̕h̸̨̧͝é̵̡̨́ ̧͜l̢̢i̷g̡̀͢͡͠h̴̕͢͏t̨̨͘͠,͘͘͝ ̛͟͞͏n̵͠o̵͟t̸̢͡h̵i̢̧̛͠҉n҉̸͜g̢̀͘ ̢͜͞r͝҉̵͢e͏͘͡͞a̡̨l̸̢͠

Perhaps we should introduce ourselves properly. We are the two primary consciousnesses inside Melissa in addition to her own. She named us Zadkiel and Sandalphon. In Melissa’s normal life, or however normal she can live it now, we are as we would have been in Ambrosia: voices in her head offering advice and conversation when it is asked for. But, when called upon, we can physically manifest.

Zadkiel takes the form of a cherub, as described by the prophet Ezekiel (I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, but each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings. Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. (Ezekiel 1:4-8,10-11 (NIV))).

Neither of us can travel far from Melissa’s person, but it is Zadkiel who tests that boundary the most, leaping from her body and challenging enemies directly with a dagger in one hand and flaming sword in another. They move swiftly and decisively, warding off any hostile that would dare get too close.

Also described by Ezekiel is the form Sandalphon takes, that of an ophan (As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. (Ezekiel 1:15-18 (NIV))).

Sandalphon is the larger of us two, but is largely stationary, generally manifesting above Melissa’s head. The light they give off provides a healing effect, mending all but the most lethal wounds, but that same light can also be focused into a beam of intense flame to strike where Zadkiel cannot.

Manifesting in the physical world comes at a cost, however; it requires overriding Melissa’s consciousness, whereupon she enters a comatose state and cannot be roused until the manifestation fades. There is no inherent danger to her -- her subconscious mind and ours will keep her alive -- but she is still a human, innately fragile, and if anything does happen to her we will disappear as well.

Miscellanea:

• Melissa’s favorite Old Testament book is the Book of Job, her favorite New Testament book is the Act of the Apostles, and her favorite Psalm is Psalm 32.
  • George Fredric Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus was her favorite song when she was younger, and though she's branched out since then, she still finds herself preferring at least religion-adjacent music.
  • She has been listening to this song a lot, recently
  • Short Story: Our First Reading

Edited by radio414

Leaving app here to avoid cutting out context, but withdrawing from the running.

Divinity's Worship

Spoiler

l5JJwnh.png

"We all answer for our sins eventually, but Mari is gracious."

⊱ ────── {❀} ────── ⊰

Name: Elita Thomas

Sex: Female

Appearance:

Spoiler

44FTIpW.jpg

Elita stands at roughly 5’8, give or take a few inches depending on if she’s wearing high heels at the time. She doesn’t disclose her weight very often, but it’s noted that it tends to fluctuate depending on if she’s using her power a lot recently.

Biography:

Spoiler

Born in Toulouse, France to a moderately well off family, Elita has a simple life. She didn’t really struggle in school, and her parents were loving, despite being busy to maintain their lifestyle…

As a child, even as a toddler, Elita seemed oddly perceptive. She was always around to comfort her parents when things had gone wrong with something they were working on, and she often acted a pillar of support for her friends and loved ones as she grew older. It wasn’t uncommon for her to act as a confidant for those who were suffering through hard times, it wasn’t hard to imagine why. She seemed to ooze confidence and concern to those who knew her, often drawing out the worst of their troubles without having to do much at all. After chats with her, it always seemed like her friends would leave feeling better, and she would beam and give them a tight hug before leaving herself.

This never really changed, but once she turned 13, she… Became oddly spiritual. It wasn’t too weird, her mother was a practicing Catholic and regularly would bring her daughter to services with her, but from 13 on, she took a role in the church that even her mother didn’t expect. She began to research things, and started to look for different prophets and those associated with the religion, though… She always seemed to be disappointed by what she had learned. She started spending more time out of her house, and in local libraries and archives, scouring for anything.

It wasn’t until her 14th birthday that her mother had realized just how much time Elita had been spending outside of the house in those musty archives, thanks to Elita attempting to cover it up. She questioned Elita, trying to draw out what her daughter had been up to…

“Mari spoke to me, and said I need to find her.”

Elita said that with such conviction… And her mother just looked at her with confusion. She tried to draw out more information from her, but Elita knew nothing else, besides a single name. Elita didn’t frame it as something religious, but her mother knew something strange was happening. She talked with Elita’s father and the two decided they needed to watch Elita more carefully.

It was around this time that Elita had began to grow more aware of her powers. Her parents weren’t special. They didn’t understand the gift she had, or how important her search was, so she began to distance herself from them. She listened to the weary who needed a shoulder to cry on. She talked to those on their way to work on the subway. She began to understand what her special thing was. She could soothe people, she could help them… She could understand them.

So she did. For a year, she devoted herself to bettering her home, to helping those who were down. She spent much of her time at homeless shelters, volunteering and bringing calm to those that she could. It was through her volunteer work that she had met with some… Unsavory people, with criminal pasts. Over the course of the year, she believed that this deity was talking to her, guiding her to do good and help those who needed it... 

While normally, this wouldn’t be an issue, she steadily became more unstable in her devotion to her cause. While she rarely caused any physical harm to people, she began to twist people’s emotions to manipulate them, using her knowledge to pry into their weaknesses, their fears. The more she worked and learned her abilities, the more Mari spoke to her, guided her… She heard rumors of an underground world, full of people who she could help. Who cared if they were villains? Everyone can stray from the light, it can happen to anyone, she thought. They were no less deserving of help. She managed to get into contact with a few people who had connections to this underground world to help her get enrolled into Center Lowhaven High, where she could pursue her goal. Bring these lost souls into contact with Mari, and hone her powers to the point where, one day, the entire world would be able to see Mari once again...

Overlap Additions: She only spent three years at the Villain School. It was long enough to help her hone her powers, use them properly, but they absolutely were not interested in seeing the light she so desperately wanted to bring to them. It was frustrating to her, none of the sinners were ready to repent, but... That was okay. She knew this was always going to be an uphill battle, the modern world didn't change so easily compared to the ancient one, religions were entrenched into the modern day life of many. She took her leave from the school, with a much better grasp on her powers than ever before, to travel the world a bit and try to spread the word. Of course, many weren't interested in hearing what she had to say.

Despite that, she managed to scrounge together a small following. Her ability to be well-dressed, to live in high class hotels despite not having any income at all, it was paranormal to people. She wasn't shy about it either, espousing the idea that her true faith meant that Mari was always providing for her, making sure she would be taken care of. For some people, that message meant a lot to them, it gave them something to help bring them up in life. Whether it would last was another thing entirely...

Especially considering being dragged into a new world. It was a miracle even she wasn't expecting. She hadn't finished her job in the last one, let alone prepared to start her process here. But, it didn't matter. The goal was always to gain more experience, to learn how to handle her powers in the most extreme manner. For Mari.

Personality:

Spoiler

Elita sees herself as a Prophet of a Forgotten Goddess, destined to bring her back to the forefront of the religious world, by any means necessary. Her personality is energetic when talking about her ‘position’ and eager to draw people into her fold, though she doesn’t ‘pressure’ people into joining her. She believes they will all see the light at some point, no matter how resistant they are. As a result, she’s friendly to everyone she talks to, hoping to speed the process along while keeping good will with as many as she can to avoid making things awkward later.

Beyond that, her energy transitions to most things in her life. She’s eager and pleasant to be around, if not a little bit overbearing at times, while still maintaining an air of composure when things are serious. She frequent references the ‘teachings’ of her Goddess to those around her, especially things that she thinks might be relevant to the situation at hand, as she believes that even the simplest action can have meaning from Mari.

The most damning part of her personality though is how she doesn’t see herself as a villain. She’s justified her attendance of visiting the academy as an ‘olive branch’ to the poor, lost souls in the underworld, to bring them back towards Mari and into her light…

But her view of doing that by any means required definitely qualifies her as a villain. She has no problem abusing her power to try and manipulate people into trusting her, or seeing her as something greater than she actually is, and will actively try to figure out the emotions of people around her in an attempt to work her way into their good graces. Despite her relatively unassuming appearance, she can have a way with words which catches people off guard.

She's more than happy to pull emotional tricks on people who open up to her if she feels she can show them the 'right' path to follow, and her ultimate goal isn't to be the most powerful, but... To bring back her beloved Goddess, the one who she knows will set things right in the world. She may not know what right is, but she knows someone who does.

Overlap Additions: Following the three years after she attended the Villain School, Elita's resolve has hardened. She's become a lot more... Firm about Mari's Guiding Hand, and while she still tries to coax people to her calmly without fire and brimstone tactics, if her beliefs are challenged in a way she doesn't like, she may turn towards a more aggressive stance. She still doesn't see herself as a villain, despite her time at the school and the fact that, well, she's willing to mind control anyone to get them to agree with her, her delusions are as strong as they ever were. Because of this, her powers amplified themselves, her will easier to implant over others who aren't equipped to fight against it. 

Villain Information

Alias: Prophet

Spoiler

Empath

Elita's power stems from her ability to sense and ‘read’ the emotions of other people, allowing her to determine the moods and temperaments of other people without needing to spend too much time around them. Using this, an Empath can become very adept at using their knowledge of other's emotions to try and manipulate people, or attack them in personal ways if they wish to do so.

But her powers don't stop there, as that's just a general application of her ability. Empath's come in all kinds of flavors, but for Elita, her main capability is Empathic Healing. She has the capability to take the pain of others onto herself, letting them ignore the pain as if the wound never happened... Without healing the wound. She can use this on her allies to help get them to a safe location and get them physical help, or to take on the burden of an emotional wound they've suffered.

Of course, she can also use it on her enemies, taking their pain and making it to where they might not notice a wound, letting them make the injury worse and strain their bodies in ways they wouldn't normally if they aren't aware of her powers. She isn’t extremely adept at this at the moment, only able to use it when she’s in direct contact with people, thus making it extremely hard to use in combat of any sort. Instead, she’s used it as a way to further her Prophet role.

She could have those who were lame walk, bring the sick out of their beds for periods of time, and even let the blind ‘see’... Or at least feel like they could see for a brief moment of time. She would tell them it’s all part of her faith, allowing her to heal those… Though it wouldn’t last if they didn’t devote themselves to Mari.

While the emotion sensing part of her power is almost always in effect to some degree, the second one is more focused and she has to be in contact with her target to be able to use it. A more skilled Empath could do this from a distance, but it would require a degree of control that she won’t have for a long time.

Similarly, an Empath such as her could manipulate a person’s emotions with proper training, and impose her own emotions over top of what someone else would be feeling. This is, unfortunately, an extremely high level technique, and her ultimate goal in an attempt to ‘revive’ her Goddess.

Overlap Additions: Since her time in the school, Elita has gained a much stronger control of her powers. She no longer has to be touching someone in order to take on their pain, as long as she's within a reasonable distance of the fight happening, she can sap the injuries from her allies or enemies without putting herself at risk. This makes her a strong support option, making her capable of 'healing' quickly. Actual first-aid still needs to be done, but she often carries around a first-aid kit in her purse to make that easy to do.

The biggest change is that she's grown very adept at projecting her emotions, but not her will entirely. If she's feeling particularly angry, she can project that to her allies and give them a rush of energy, a buff to help them fight better. Or, in other circumstances, she can project that to the enemy, forcing the more rash part of the emotions onto them to hopefully cause them to slip up. It's not a foolproof method, someone adept in controlling their own emotions may not be affected to the same degree as someone who's more prone to outbursts, but it allows her to play a buffing and debuffing role in combat situations.

Misc. Info

• Her Birthday is August 16th.

• She doesn’t take well to people attempting to lie to her. Those with a good control of their emotions can get away with it easily, but those who are more impulsive might have trouble with it, thanks to her Empathy. She won’t call them out on it generally, but she gets twitchy around compulsive liars.

• She carries around a variety of headache and pain medications in her purse. When she doesn’t want to use her powers, she’ll often offer to share them, but she can be seen taking them to keep her own suffering to a minimum after using her powers.

• She doesn't believe that other religions are a threat. She 'knows' Mari is forgotten now, and can't hope to overwhelm them in the near future. She believes it's a long term game, and she's just here to help it begin.

• Her Theme

Edited by Kazooie

Needs No Introduction

Spoiler

Rdlv7J2.png
"C'mon... at least try to make this fun for me!"

Personal Information

Name: Cyanthrax
Race: Demon
Allegiance: The Seven Deadly Sins
Mark: The Lion Sin of Pride

Appearance

Spoiler

ktXdm6j.png

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 271 lbs

Cyanthrax's apparel is nearly identical to what you see above, with the mark of the Lion Sin engraved onto his back. The back of his jacket also has the mark of the Lion Sin on it with a yellow cloth and the same frills you see on the collar and sleeves of the jacket surrounding it, taking place of the mane of the lion. And yes, for the most part, Cyanthrax bears that shit-eating grin almost permanently. His blood is pitch-black.

Personality

Spoiler

Cyanthrax is vile, loud-mouthed, and has an ego that would dwarf even the largest giant. He shows little respect to those around him, especially if they are strangers to him. He is very quick to retaliate to those who talk down to him, either through snarky one liners that sound much cooler in his head or by getting violent. Due to how little respect he has towards other, he will often handicap himself and in general hold back against his foes while degrading them. He is extremely competitive about nearly everything he does. However, despite what you'd think, he doesn't really instigate many fights - almost all of the spats that he gets into are when people attack his image or defending someone else who is being bullied. In his mind the worst thing a person can do is pick on those below them.

He is very impulsive and stubborn, usually charging head-first into situations for various reasons. While not the sharpest tool in the shed, he is able to function very well under high-pressure situations. Despite his hateful and arrogant exterior, he is a bit of a softy inside, especially towards animals and children. He feels as if it is his duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves due to immense strength, especially against others who pick on those below them to feel stronger. While he had troubles actually making friends, he get really attached to them once he makes them, although he will try his hardest not to show this.

Biography

Spoiler

His memories from his time with his fellow Demons is shaky at best - the only thing he remembers is a feeling of rejection and weakness. As far as he knows, he has always been alone in the human world, only his blade keeping him company. Due to his demonic powers and desperation, he joined a local street gang - the Rebellious Rats. At first, he served as the muscle of the group due to his strength, doing most of the dirty work. They did various crimes - mainly theft, but sometimes assault and vandalism. As time went on, he climbed up the ranks of what he considered to be his family.

As the gang's influence grew, so did their infamy. And Cyanthrax was at the helm of the gang, basically becoming the leader alongside the original leader - a surprisingly young Human named Pearson Grei, whom stood at 27. The two of them became representatives of the slums, Cyanthrax with his strength and Pearson with his charisma and wit. As word of the gang spread, so did the fact that Cyanthrax was a demon. This lead to the gang and, more specifically Cyanthrax, being scapegoated for multiple crimes, including kidnapping and murders - something the Rebellious Rats have never done. Despite there infamy in the town, they were considered heroes in the slums, as they would often share the loot they stole from the rich with the slums that they called home.

Their crimes, however, would eventually catch up to them. One day, the guards had found there whereabouts after interrogating a few of the slum locals. Things did not end well for either party - a bunch of the slums people got caught in the cross-fire of their fighting, while both sides lost lives. This included Pearson, who received a fatal blow through the heart. Enraged, Cyan slaughtered what remained of the guards and, realizing what he had done, fled. Of course, all of the deaths that had happened on that night were pinned on him.

After that day, he spent his time wandering the world without a goal, hitting multiple bars and casinos on his trail. After what was around a couple of decades, through his travels, he crossed paths with another gang of misfits and criminals - his type of company. He ended up traveling for a bit, joining there ranks as the Lion Sin of Pride - a natural fit for him - and, for once in a long time, felt at home. Rekindling this feeling of home, he decided that he had to go back to see how the town was going after all those years of his absence. He imagined that they would probably still be searching for him, but he had to know what the status of the slums was. He knew, somehow, that he would cross paths with the other sins again.

He had many adventures between splitting up from his comrades and eventually reuniting with them at the start of the RP Cyanthrax is from, where he wandered the land searching for something to do. He could not tell you the specifics of how he got to this strange realm - all he can recall was that it was at a late night at some tavern in a small town; despite being a demon, he managed to get wasted. All he recalled is passing out in a drunken haze and waking up to a strange world.

Combat Information

Sacred Treasure (Weapon)

Spoiler

Jigoku

Jigoku is a rapier with a unique purple to orange coloration on the blade and a blood-red hilt. The blade seemed to have an after-image effect when swung around. It can act as a channel for demonic powers, primarily however it it excels at channeling different sorts of Purgatory Fire.

Ability

Spoiler

Crisis

Crisis is an that, when activated, causes the very air in a close proximity of him to suddenly become dense, making the very act of breathing difficult for those who can't handle the increased pressure. The intense pressure makes it hard for those who are not used to the high pressure or those who are easily stressed to think fast, causing them to make many mistakes. This intense pressure can be beaten with sheer willpower and confidence - in fact, this is how Cyanthrax is able to thrive after activating this ability, as it technically also affects him despite it in practice doing almost nothing to him.

Techniques

Spoiler

Shadowstep

Using his dark energy, he can propel himself short distances with impressive speeds, making it great for dodging incoming attacks or surprising the enemies with a sudden attack. Using Shadowstep will leave a black trail behind him as he does it. It can be used in rather quick succession but no other demonic ability can be used in the short duration of Shadowstep or immediately after using Shadowstep.

Hellfire Rain

Cyanthrax can create up to 10 small orbs of Purgatory Fire by burning the air around him using his demonic power and fire them at his leisure. If materialized from Jigoku, the fireballs becomes amplified in speed, power, and size, although he can only tether one fireball onto Jigoku at a time. The fireballs can be merged to become bigger, faster, and stronger.

Hellspark

He can cause the very air around him to ignite in a sudden burst of Purgatory Flame. While the burst itself doesn't last long, Hellspark can still ignite flammable objects such as wood or clothing. The area in which Cyanthrax can use Hellspark is very close to himself - about a foot and a half away from himself.

Hellsnake Spit

Usually fired off of Jigoku, his hands, or even from his own mouth, Hellsnake Spit is a sort of short-ranged flamethrower technique that fires Purgatory Flame. Prolonged and constant use of Hellsnake Spit coming from his body will eventually start burning him as well, although the effects are not as severe as they are for his opponents. This can also be used to propel himself forward if he so desires to do to. Because he had this movement option, he never took up the flying ability that most demons have - he much prefers to fly around in style.

Ignite

He can surround any part of himself or the tip of Jigoku in Purgatory Fire, allowing him to either punch things with the effects of Purgatory Fire or have a flaming sword. Using it on Jigoku has no negative effect on him unless he touches the fire, but using it on himself causes burns on the part that is affected by Ignite. Naturally, he is more resistant to his own fire than the opponent would be, but it does leave notable burn marks and damage to his body that is difficult to heal due to the nature of Purgatory Fire. When used on the tip of Jigoku the effects are more potent due to it being more concentrated.

Hellseeing Eyes

Due to not being a full-fledge demon, he can't quite steal the souls of others. However, his demon heritage and training has given him the ability to see the faint aura of ones soul. This gives him slight wall-hax ability and, more notably, can tell whether someone is dead or not.

Pressure

Used alongside Crisis, his dark energy can cause thoughts of fear, paranoia, despair, and even flashbacks to bad memories - even repressed ones. Essentially, if the opposition is affected by Crisis they can be psychologically attacked. The effectiveness of Pressure is similar to that of Crisis - those who are more resistant to Crisis also aren't very affected by Pressure, but those who can't handle Crisis at all may find themselves either severely psychologically damaged or even dead by the effects of Pressure.

Physical Traits

Spoiler

Power of Darkness

Demons can create and manipulate a mysterious dark substance to enhance both their offensive and defensive abilities. It has been shown to form various weapons and to protect them from attacks that would otherwise cause serious injury.

Enhanced Regeneration

They can use their darkness be used to piece together an injured demon's body and mend grave wounds.

Purgatory Fire「煉獄の炎 Rengoku no Honō」

A powerful, dark flame that is capable of negating regenerative abilities and even scarring an immortal. It can be invoked in the form of an enchantment.

Miscellaneous Information

Voice Actors

[JAP] Nobuhiko Okamoto
[ENG] Reuben Langdon

Music

Battle Theme - Harbginger

RP Source: RP Smash

Edited by ? REP ?

23 hours ago, Crona said:

unknown.png

Who am I?

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/366064-a-school-of-villains-oocnot-acceptingpg-16/

19 hours ago, radio414 said:

Church-Goin' Girl

Reveal hidden contents

10 hours ago, ? REP ? said:

Needs No Introduction

Hide contents

Rdlv7J2.png
"C'mon... at least try to make this fun for me!"

Personal Information

Name: Cyanthrax
Race: Demon
Allegiance: The Seven Deadly Sins
Mark: The Lion Sin of Pride

Appearance

Reveal hidden contents

Personality

Reveal hidden contents

Biography

Hide contents

His memories from his time with his fellow Demons is shaky at best - the only thing he remembers is a feeling of rejection and weakness. As far as he knows, he has always been alone in the human world, only his blade keeping him company. Due to his demonic powers and desperation, he joined a local street gang - the Rebellious Rats. At first, he served as the muscle of the group due to his strength, doing most of the dirty work. They did various crimes - mainly theft, but sometimes assault and vandalism. As time went on, he climbed up the ranks of what he considered to be his family.

As the gang's influence grew, so did their infamy. And Cyanthrax was at the helm of the gang, basically becoming the leader alongside the original leader - a surprisingly young Human named Pearson Grei, whom stood at 27. The two of them became representatives of the slums, Cyanthrax with his strength and Pearson with his charisma and wit. As word of the gang spread, so did the fact that Cyanthrax was a demon. This lead to the gang and, more specifically Cyanthrax, being scapegoated for multiple crimes, including kidnapping and murders - something the Rebellious Rats have never done. Despite there infamy in the town, they were considered heroes in the slums, as they would often share the loot they stole from the rich with the slums that they called home.

Their crimes, however, would eventually catch up to them. One day, the guards had found there whereabouts after interrogating a few of the slum locals. Things did not end well for either party - a bunch of the slums people got caught in the cross-fire of their fighting, while both sides lost lives. This included Pearson, who received a fatal blow through the heart. Enraged, Cyan slaughtered what remained of the guards and, realizing what he had done, fled. Of course, all of the deaths that had happened on that night were pinned on him.

After that day, he spent his time wandering the world without a goal, hitting multiple bars and casinos on his trail. After what was around a couple of decades, through his travels, he crossed paths with another gang of misfits and criminals - his type of company. He ended up traveling for a bit, joining there ranks as the Lion Sin of Pride - a natural fit for him - and, for once in a long time, felt at home. Rekindling this feeling of home, he decided that he had to go back to see how the town was going after all those years of his absence. He imagined that they would probably still be searching for him, but he had to know what the status of the slums was. He knew, somehow, that he would cross paths with the other sins again.

He had many adventures between splitting up from his comrades and eventually reuniting with them at the start of the RP Cyanthrax is from, where he wandered the land searching for something to do. He could not tell you the specifics of how he got to this strange realm - all he can recall was that it was at a late night at some tavern in a small town; despite being a demon, he managed to get wasted. All he recalled is passing out in a drunken haze and waking up to a strange world.

Combat Information

Sacred Treasure (Weapon)

Reveal hidden contents

Ability

Reveal hidden contents

Techniques

Reveal hidden contents

Physical Traits

Reveal hidden contents

Voice Actors

[JAP] Nobuhiko Okamoto
[ENG] Reuben Langdon

Music

Battle Theme - Harbginger

RP Source: RP Smash

Will say now that y'all are accepted. Those not accepted yet either haven't posted or I've talked about what needs to be fixed up.

18 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

Before I note interest, I want to clarify: this rp is restricted to NO oc toons?

Only characters that were in a YCM or NCM RP. (And if an RP didn't actually get off the ground and you had a character for those might work too depending)

Also I spent a while trying to think what N O might stand for until I realized it was probably the word "no"? If so, correct.

43 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Only characters that were in a YCM or NCM RP. (And if an RP didn't actually get off the ground and you had a character for those might work too depending)

Also I spent a while trying to think what N O might stand for until I realized it was probably the word "no"? If so, correct.

Yes it was just a simple no, lol. Thanks for clearing that up. Still deciding if I want to note interest. Have a full plate irl so I don't want to stretch myself thin. I'll put myself in the maybe pile for now. If you don't have a definite answer from me by this Friday, just ping me and I'll politely bow out. ❤️

Also Cherry Heart - Stuff in blue is new 

Spoiler

Name: Fen Yi
Sex: Female
Species/Race: Human

Appearance 

GvR5CY5.png?2

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs

Personality 

Spoiler

Fen is a girl who does not give off a commanding presence. Both timid in demeanor and possessing a lack of confidence in themselves, they tend not to draw that much attention to themselves. Furthermore she tends to be a bit nervous and unsure of herself in most things that she partakes in, and is a bit jumpy when it comes to surprises. While shy and more nervous around strangers, she is not necessarily afraid of them and thus doesn't inherently try to distance herself from others. Easily trusting and tending to be honest with others, she has a bit of naive air to her.

In spite of having a lack of self confidence, Fen wishes to try new things whenever possible to help expand her horizons. This generally ends with them having to pump themselves up before attempting anything new, and generally requires assistance in these kinds of endeavors. Due to her low self confidence she shrinks easily at being admonished, usually not sticking up for herself, though reacts quite greatly to being praised. If only subconsciously, this also lends itself to her wishing to help others when prompted to.

There is only one thing that Fen is able to do with the utmost of confidence, and this is cooking. It is a craft that her family has partaken in for many generations and one that she has learned the skills in order to reach the level of a fairly competent chef. In addition, because of their insistence on collecting their own ingredients, Fen is surprisingly not squeamish at all around blood and guts and will not flinch when it comes to harvesting something from a corpse. Furthermore, when it comes to thinking of new ingredients to use, her face tends to light up in an almost child like excitement and curiosity. 

Following her adventures with Cherry Heart Fen is still largely the same person though has gained more confidence in herself and her abilities and less shy around new people, though still a bit awkward and unable to fully voice her thoughts. In addition, while she used to be afraid of fighting monsters and people, she is now able to conduct herself with a much more calm demeanor during combat and has the skills to back it up. All of this - in addition to the nature of her job - has led her to become even more active in helping others and solving problems for others. 

Bio

Spoiler

Yi Family - tldr they're a bunch of monster hunters and chefs, using monsters to make food 

Spoiler

While Fen was born in the continent of Arbolia, the Yi family actually comes from the continent of Jianghu. While celebrated in their craft of culinary expertise and unorthodox skills in hunting, the Yi family had felt as though they had reached their plateau with what was available to them. As such, they sought foreign lands so as to learn more what could help them in their craft. As such, they took their journey west, ending up in the continent of Arbolia. Once in the new continent they were greeted with the sights of flora and fauna that they had never seen before and, using what they brought from their homeland, had begun much experimentation. Soon enough they had become chefs of great renown for their blending of cultures.

As time went on and the family stayed in Arbolia, one generation a member of the Yi family had developed an innate magical power. Having such a talent, they were bored with simply hunting the local wildlife, and was starting to feel stagnant. As such, they started to look towards more exotic creatures that weren't commonly used in food. Those creatures being monsters. As the Yi had been met with some initial and disastrous failure in using monsters in dishes, they soon started to understand to learn how to incorporate even those into their dishes. With that, came a new standard to the Yi family members thereafter and soon they had revolutionized their cuisine once more. As such, they had expanded from mere hunters and cooks, to ones that promoted adventuring within them in order to find new beasts to make cuisine from.

Actual Bio 

Spoiler

Being born into the Yi family, Fen had the pressure put on them from an early age to succeed at the family's trade. As such, for as long as she could remember she was constantly presented with a multitude of skills that she had been expected to master. Whether it be foraging plants, harvesting meats from animals, or all the components that actually involve cooking. Despite it being forced upon her, Fen couldn't help but become enamored with this craft as she continued to learn more about it. However, because of her singular focus in it, she had started to interact with others less and less and never really learned anything beyond it. And while her more brash siblings had been out combating monsters, Fen had merely kept to her studies. As this continued, her parents began to worry about her eventually hitting a plateau. As such, they had come to a decision.

Customary among the members the Yi family, they had decided to send her to the outside world so that she may cultivate more experiences herself. While Fen was somewhat terrified of the idea, she had recognized the importance of it and so reluctantly accepted to brave the world. Having been traveling the continent for 3 months now, the girl had found it hard to actually take any steps forward. Lacking the skill and confidence to actually take on any kind of monster herself and not having enough experience in talking with people to ask for assistance, the girl was making little headway fast. While she had spent the past month somewhat crestfallen and trying to live off the land as best as she could, she had eventually ended up in the town of Prunus, one that was advertising a new guild. She knew little about guilds, but figured that becoming a part would be a good first step towards truly beginning her journey.

But that's all in the past. As is this next part, but it's less in the past. 

Following joining Cherry Heart, Fen went on a series of adventures that involved all manner of politics, giant monster fights, a group of not actually knights who called themselves knights, a war, and a whole bunch of other side quests that had nothing to do with the main plot. As a result, Fen gained a lot of experience from her adventures and even became a top adventurer herself in the now prodigious guild, Cherry Heart. 

Abilities

Spoiler

Ice Magic 

• Flash Freeze - Fen can concentrate a burst of magical energy either through her hands or weapons that she is wielding, usually used as part of a strike. This causes the afflicted area to start freezing over. The longer contact remains, (unless channeled through a projectile) the more area is frozen. 
  • Frozen Forge - Fen is able to create constructs and enhance/encase weapons in ice. Most of what she creates with this is simple weaponry as well as small barriers. In spite of being made of ice, the constructs are generally fairly sturdy, though she is capable of modulating their hardness on the fly, and there is little time required in order to materialize them. 

Hunter 

• As a result of her magic not doing much on its own, Fen is mainly skilled in more martial areas. She is proficient in using swords, bows, knives and lances. 
  • Though not particularly strong or fast, Fen's martial prowess is second to none - owing this to her incredible skill with her weapons and general perceptiveness
  • Generally doesn't carry real weapons on her outside of a knife. 
  • She is also generally good at following tracks and trails, mostly in regards to monsters. 

Culinary Prowess 

• She's a really good cook 
  • She's really good at making edible dishes on a first try out of generally strange or exotic ingredients, most specifically using monster parts to do so 
  • Though Fen's a really good cook, Tom is not. Tom knows nothing about being a chef. Have mercy on him. 

The Tidal Star

Spoiler

b1weWgp.png

Name: Aduain Siorc
Sex: Male
Race: Aquarian

Appearance:

Spoiler

Height: 4 ft 5 in/~135 cm

0U2CVRc.png

Personality:

Spoiler

Aduain is first and foremost a bundle of energy and excitement. He's naturally curious and driven to explore and learn. This coupled with a degree of shyness around people he's never met makes for awkward first encounters at times. He tends to stare for a while and see what he can figure out before actually approaching the person, sometimes poorly hiding himself to do so. Once he's built up some confidence though, he's a very friendly and straightforward person to the point of lacking tact at times. He's often happy and smiling and wants others around him to be too. This desire to see others happy has lent itself to Aduain making himself something of a comedian. He tends to speak in fish puns which at first were to be funny but have become second nature.

Despite the friendly exterior, Aduain can be surprisingly easy to annoy at times. He dislikes nicknames for himself whether they were intended to be friendly or not. He easily gets embarrassed when people call out how he can be a little clumsy on land. In general his sense of pride is somewhat fragile. He also dislikes the common human mindset that being taller is better but this mostly because he's shorter than the average human. Aduain also gets more irritable the longer it's been since he had a good swim.

Aduain is not super book smart but is great at picking things up on the fly and getting out of tricky situations. He loves learning little facts here and there but isn't the best at remembering everything he hears. Freedom is the most important thing in the world to Aduain. He longs to explore all the oceans of the world as they represent true freedom to him. As such he believes everyone should be free to pursue their own desires. People who would restrict anyone's freedom are despicable to him and he'll let them know it. He tends to encourage people to consider what their dreams are and go make them happen. He'll try to help people who've given up their dreams because he feels as long as he can tell others to not give up he won't ever give up himself.

The positive playful little fish while genuine is mostly all people will get from Aduain until they get close to him. He doesn't exactly hide his feelings about things but he won't really discuss them at detail with someone he doesn't feel he's built up trust with. When he's feeling down he does his best to keep it hidden from everyone because he doesn't want anyone to be sad with him. While he doesn't necessarily seek it, Aduain does enjoy battle and is easily captivated by things he feels are cool or exciting.

Additions For Overlap:

Since becoming a Hunter, Aduain has been plagued by a slowly building sense of frustration. It didn't work out to be the easy solution to everything he wanted, at least not right away, and the waiting and the training and the planning don't go over well with him. HIs decisions of late have become a bit more rash and his battles more frequent as a way to try and blow off some steam. The fish-boy has become more prone to throwing a fit if first ideas don't yield immediate results. But being a Hunter isn't all bad. He's come to like the general sense of respect he gets for his title to the point he might be caught off guard were he to meet someone and that respect not be there.

Biography:

Spoiler

The Aquarians were a once mighty race of human-like fish creatures that dominated the ocean floors of the world. They had many cities established throughout the ocean and were unrivaled warriors. Legend tells of a strange force that began attacking various settlements and soon the various cities turned on each other blaming them for the attacks. Infighting among the Aquarians drastically reduced their numbers and for the most part the only ones remaining today are the descendants of those few who fled the fighting. It's rare to see them anywhere but at the northern most reaches of the world so many have come to assume they have one last populated city hidden away in underwater caves to the north. They've since become a rare enough sight that many don't know them to be real. But there were still some families of them scattered about the rest of the world.

Aduain's family belonged to a travelling circus, Johanson's House of Mysteries it was called. The group tried to mix traditional performances with bizarre and strange creatures. The original founder had heard tales of the Aquarians and sought them out to add to his show. The original Johanson spent most of his life hunting them down and eventually Aduain's great grandfather and few others had been captured by the group. Johanson had in his employ a skilled nen user, whose hatsu ability effectively cursed the souls of the creatures captured for the different shows, making them subservient. They were treated poorly and regarded more as animals by many of the humans running the performance group despite their intelligence. They performed in various shows with other creatures of the sea and were used as a sort of freak show the group put on. From his earliest memories Aduain could recall his father passing on stories he had heard from his father of the former glory of the Aquarian race, their vast underwater cities, their mighty militaries, and their mastery of the ocean. Hearing his father's tales instilled a desire to go and explore the place of his ancestors and the vast oceans of the world but as things stood they were bound to the will of their boss and owner, the current day heir to the Johanson name and circus.

Determined to see his family all get to see the sea one day, Aduain became more rebellious and resisted the orders of the group more and refused to do his part in the various shows, much to his owner's alarm. Only nen could resist nen after all. While Aduain often felt he easily could have escaped on his own he knew his family would likely suffer for it and he wanted to go explore the world with them. Aduain's father knew of his desire for freedom and made many attempts to speak with the boss about it. He was at first treated harshly and hurt by Johansons body guards for trying to speak to him. But eventually the persistence in the man got through to Johanson and a meeting was arranged and deal agreed upon. Their next show was to take place close by the ocean and there was rumor an Aquarian city had once been populated on the ocean floor just outside the reef that clung to the shores. The deal made was if Aduain's father could find the ruins and bring back something valuable enough, he could purchase the freedom of his family.

Aduain had been unaware of what his father had been doing until he and his mother were confined to a rather tight room for holding while his father was out to ensure his return. Sitting around in a room never sat well with him and he quickly became restless. By sunset that day they were brought to the boss's office where Aduain's father met them and embraced them both. Kneeling down his father explained to Aduain the deal that had been made and told him the treasure he'd brought back could only afford one of their freedoms. Embracing his son once more he told Aduain he wanted him to be the one to go free. The decision was heart wrenching but both of his parents encouraged him to go and his father told him of the location of the ancient city he'd visited for the deal he'd srtuck with the boss. Reluctantly the thirteen year old Aduain parted with his parents and left the circus he had spent his life in after the nen spell was removed from him.

He had the ocean and his natural skill at catching fish to sustain him but Aduain had no idea what to do with his new found freedom. It felt hollow without his family that he could now explore the greatest bodies of water he'd ever seen. Soon the circus moved on from the city he'd been freed from to where he didn't know. He had stayed in that city in hopes of maybe seeing his parents but knew it was unlikely. A bit of depression set in as Aduain spent his days fishing for food and moping on the beach. Eventually he decided to visit the ancient Aquarian city his father had told him of. As he reached the sunken ruins of a once mighty city he marveled at what his ancestors had done before him. After enough exploring he happened upon the trident he uses to this day in battle, the blades covered in inscriptions he only partially recognized from what his father had taught him of their people's culture.

Upon surfacing at the nearby port Aduain heard a scream and saw some men assaulting a woman on the boardwalk. Without thinking Aduain jumped into action and fought off the assailants. The woman thanked him despite being slightly alarmed at his appearance. She invited Aduain to her home to thank him properly. Heather was the woman's name, a wealthy middle-aged widow who had a large oceanside house where she and her late husband had lived together. After speaking for a while Heather found out Aduain's tale and offered him a room in her home while he figured out what to do. Over the next year he would receive a proper introduction to human culture. Heather attempted to have him formerly educated too but he always struggled with classes and homework and such. She was able to help him track down the circus his parents were still part of but wasn't sure what she could do. Many didn't know what Aquarians were or that Aduain's family or others like him were sentient. Given the nature of their meeting it was here Heather introduced the idea of becoming a Hunter to Aduain

As a Hunter she explained he would be able to have his race officially acknowledged and perhaps obtain the assistance he would need to free his parents. After looking into all the privileges that came with being a Hunter Aduain found other reasons it appealed to him and so he set off to train himself. For the next two years he would occasionally reappear in Heather's home, describing amazing adventures he'd been on as part of his training. On his sixteenth birthday Aduain found the town the circus would next perform in and snuck a visit to his parents. While brief it meant the world to them all to see each other again. He told them of his plan and told them to wait a little longer for him. From there Aduain set out determined to become a Hunter.

Additions for Overlap:

Aduain attended the Hunter exams and made a lot new friends and acquaintances of his fellow hunter-hopefuls. (Thankfully he evaded being eaten by any of the cat people present or on his team.) The challenges took him through a desert, which was awful for the fish, and through a series of other challenges after an initial battle test. But simply passing all the tests wasn't enough of course. One had to have their nen awakened before the Hunter license would be granted. Some had trained already to do so, others would agree to begin the process essentially putting their license on hold for a year. But Aduain and some brave others took the Initiation, where in one who already used nen forced a great deal of it into his body. The process was painful but it forced his aura nodes open, granting him conscious control of his nen. Of course he would need to take some months to really hone these skills as well as begin understanding and using his hatsu.

Feeling some sense of obligation to his job, Aduain focused first on trying to apprehend criminals. But inevitably something would always distract him, usually the ocean but sometimes other of the hunters he had taken the test with. One green haired woman seemed to never be too far away for a while but in the most recent month he had not seen her. Having been a hunter for some six months, Aduain felt ready to really up his expedition game and using his newfound connections and resources got a good lead on where in the ocean to take his next dive. The Aquarian city he found was enormous but just as void of his people as all the others. In the central, largest structure, the fish began exploring in detail. He had come to understand bits and pieces more of his people's ancient language and felt like he was finally getting some clues when the floor beneath him seem to vanish all at once. There was nothing but a hole beneath him, pulling at him and yet nothing more.

There's a hole in the bottom of the sea, and Aduain had fallen deep into it. Where he would find himself next he could never imagine.

Motivation:

Spoiler

Aduain has several motives driving his decision to become a Hunter:

-Establish official government recognition of his race and free his family.

-Access to more information on the ruins of the cities of the ancient Aquarians so he can one day visit all of them.

-Make some money and finally repay Heather and other humans who've helped him along his way.

Abilities

Non-Combat:

Spoiler

Adapted to Land:

Aduain's people are meant to live in the ocean but have come to be able to live on land by subconsciously using nen. Their skin stays moist and their gills are able to breathe out of water because their bodies use nen without their knowledge.

Quick Thinker/Learner:

Aduain picks up how things work very quickly due to his natural curiosity. He learns how simple mechanisms and puzzles work rather quickly and can remember them well. Why things work or physical principles don't stick nearly as well. He's a fast problem solver as a result and keeps practical information on hand in his memory.

Combat/Equipment:

Spoiler

Light on his fins:

Aduain is naturally quick and acrobatic both on land and incredibly agile and maneuverable under water. Aduain isn't slow on his feet but tends to jump around to move faster due to the slight awkwardness on land. He's not very heavy either which helps getting around but makes it easier for him to get thrown around in fights. He often plants his trident in the ground and can spin all around it or balance on the end to get higher views of things. While not weak physically Aduain tends to rely on his speed, mobility and weapon in fights.

Equipment:

-Trident: Shown in appearance. While it is longer than Aduain is tall he handles it very well and takes it everywhere he goes.

Nen

Primary Type: Transmuter

Ten: Keeping his aura present on his body comes easily, with his body naturally using it to allow his gills to function on land without his conscious effort. Offers some protection to emotional/mental attacks and very limited protection from physical attacks.

Zetsu: Technique to close off the flow of aura, particularly to more easily see and track other people's aura. Aduain struggles to use it well as a perfect Zetsu out of water renders him unable to breathe.

Ren: Offensive burst of nen to offer Aduain enhanced physical abilities. Though not quite super-human, Aduain's strength in particular is surprising being able to lift well over his own body weight. Can maintain Ren for up to twenty minutes before requiring rest. Too great a flow of nen runs the risk of compressing oxygen at the gils which can poison the body.

Hatsu - Aqua Jet: This technique causes Aduain's nen to behave like water. Passively this increases his physical performance because his gills behave like they're breathing underwater which is easier for him. The actual ability allows Aduain to focus his aura at any point within a five meter radius of him and a release a short geyser like burst of the water-nen. The column of water is about a meter in diameter and moves objects depending on their size and the nen flowing around them. Often he'll use them for bursts of speed or to disorient opponents. The bursts on their own are not a very effective attack without a larger nen investment. Aduain is currently working on manipulating the nen-water into more shapes than just simple geysers.

Shu: Advanced technique to envelop objects in nen to treat them as an extension of the body which reinforces them in all their functions. Blades become sharper and more durable, tools become tougher, etc.

Miscellaneous:

Spoiler

-Telling gender apart on non-fish is difficult for him. Feels somewhat confident on humans at least by now.

-Does a lot of tapping random objects. Talented drummer should a drum set ever be put in front of him.

Source RP: HxH: 108 Stars of Destiny

Edited by Doggo

On 10/20/2020 at 11:06 AM, Cheshire Toon said:

Masaru Smith

Worth noting is that there is a button on the side of the document you can press to skip between sections. Makes it a lot easier to navigate.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:34 PM, Skaia said:

Also Cherry Heart - Stuff in blue is new 

Reveal hidden contents

21 hours ago, Doggo said:

The Tidal Star

Reveal hidden contents

Source RP: HxH: 108 Stars of Destiny

All accepted!

We're up to 6 atm

There's still a couple who have expressed interest and to them I want to say that even whenever I decide to put up the IC I still will be accepting apps.

Dance Magic Dance

Spoiler

iyyzIuC.png

“I am the apprentice to Balthazar Blake, sorcerer of the 777th degree. Allow me to demonstrate what I can truly do!”

Personal Information

Name: Trevor Masters
World of Origin: Arcana Cabana [The Sorcerer’s Apprentice]

Appearance

Spoiler

srtSpli.jpg

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 150 lbs

Depicted above is Trevor’s general appearance, with his grimoire, Cabanomicon, most usually hanging on his right side. On his left hand are a total of three rings, on the index, middle, and ring fingers respectively. His eyes are a brownish-amber color, while his hair under his hat happens to be put up in a ponytail.

Personality

Spoiler

A young man with a strong aptitude for magic, Trevor is a studious individual and takes his studies quite seriously, especially if they involve Magic and other various Magic skills. This of course after his fated encounter with Balthazar, namely the studious portion of his self. Truthfully, Trevor wasn’t exactly the studying type, more or less the carefree, adventurous type who was always sketching and doodling things. Of course, when he found out he had the aptitude for becoming a sorcerer or wizard, Trevor did somewhat of a 180 on how he did things...while still keeping some of his previous attitudes. The main one being his adventure seeking mindset.

After being told his mundane life could be exchanged for one filled with magic and possibly adventure, Trevor’s spirit and heart jumped at this chance. In truth, Trevor’s heart, like many young individuals his age long for adventure beyond the world they find themselves in. The tutelage under Balthazar fed into this longing and it gave him a sort of wonder on what truly lay beyond his own world.

His carefree nature is namely shown when he’s on his down time, when he’s not meditating or studying Magic. Trevor’s favorite past time actually happened to be staring at clouds over head in his world, namely during the midday hours. Feeling the breeze around him as he watched the clouds over head and the skies painted with the appropriate afternoon colors from the sun, this gives him an almost nostalgic feeling of him being back on his world before his arrival in the Ever.

Aside from this, Trevor harbors a hidden fear that he tries not to make obvious to anyone else. He fears that if by some chance he returns to his world and reunites with his master, that things wouldn’t be the same. Due to his failure during the mage war and his inability to properly use the Cabanomicon nor notice the impending attempt on his life, he fears that Balthazar will not only cut all ties with him, but that he’d be denounced as his apprentice and be cast out. To him, Balthazar was somewhat of a father figure to him and to be denounced by him because of his failures then, it would more than likely crush the young sorcerer. To that end, Trevor has done his best to give everything he has in training and studying, hoping to correct his mistake. Nevertheless, it’s a strong fear that won’t leave his mind.

During his travels, he's made an effort to still be him...to be the Trevor he was before he died and entered the Ever. And while the fear is one that still haunts him to this day, the fear doesn't bind him like the chains that binds the grimoire. In fact, while this fear still remains, his heart and will has more or less improved and strengthened due to his time in the Ever and with those he happily called allies. He's more wiser than he was prior, however, taking careful to assess the situation rather than rashly make a move...seeing is that what got him in the predicament in the first place. And with his faith in himself restored as well as proven to the grimoire that he is truly worthy of it's teachings, he uses what he can to properly wield the book he was presented and show the worlds that he is worthy of being called a sorcerer.

Biography

Spoiler

“Everything you thought you knew about this world is about to change...those were his words to me...”

Trevor lived his life quietly within the world known as Arcana Cabana, a world that resembled Manhattan. Growing tired of his simple life, knowing that he was able to aspire to greatness, he wished to find a way to try and escape the mundane. He never thought he’d ever be in the position he was...but fate found a way to lead him to a certain antique shop: Arcana Cabana. There, Trevor found met a man: Balthazar Blake, a centuries old sorcerer that was the apprentice to the wizard Merlin. Sensing a strange aura emanating from Trevor, Balthazar offered the position of becoming his apprentice, to which Trevor jumped on the chance...after all, this was a chance to leave the mundane of his life he only knew behind.

Months passed and Trevor was becoming quite the apprentice under Balthazar, and in such a short time as well. At the same time, Trevor had to get better as quickly as possible, due to his master warning that there would be a war coming soon...very soon. A war amongst sorcerers and sorceresses, between those who wished to use their magic for nefarious purposes...such as obtaining the hearts of innocent people, versus those who’d wish for this not to be the case. In this coming war, he and Balthazar would join in with quite a few of his allies and they’d wage war...and part of Trevor didn’t know if he could do this. Balthazar, however, had quite an amount of faith in the young boy, even presenting him with a red leather book with metal pieces as well as a chain connected to it. He was told this book was an unnamed grimoire that was passed down to Balthazar by Merlin himself, but it was apply named the Cabanomicon by the recent possessor of the book. This grimoire was one that held a number of strong magic skills and the possibilities of being able to utilize Summons, in order to fight beside him. Honored by this gift, Trevor humbly took the Cabanomicon and added it to his arsenal.

Months passed yet again, but this time the war of magic occurred. The world of Arcana Cabana was the battlefield and the skies were alight with magic of all kinds. It seemed as though Balthazar and Trevor were winning, but something unforeseen occurred in the form of the sorcerers and sorceresses vying for hearts ended up calling forth a darkness because of the darkness within their own hearts. This darkness was something that Balthazar knew about from his master and mentor, but Trevor never experienced this before...and try as he might...none of his magic would work against this...this darkness. With only one option left, he attempted to access the Cabanomicon and tried his hand at summoning forth a powerful Summon in order to turn the tide of battle.

Unfortunately, Trevor was still a novice at using this grimoire and wasn’t able to properly translate and read the inscriptions for the Summon he was trying for...and in this moment of weakness, an enemy sorceress struck him with a powerful piece of magic and he fell there in combat. His world going dark and all he could see was Balthazar striking back at the culprit and trying to revive his apprentice...but it was too late. Trevor was gone...lost to the darkness.

When Trevor awoke, he found himself in a place known as Fairlight Town, the capital city in what he learned was called "the Ever". In short, he found himself here and was dead. Along with quite the number of other individuals he found and joined with in Fairlight Town, they traveled through the Ever and to different worlds just to try and aid the Fairlight Guild, save the worlds and possibly even return to their world if they survived and exited the Ever. During his journey, he learned that his actions before he died were the cause of the Cabanomicon sealing itself tight. Due to his novice attempts to perform a Summon that was above his level, he cost himself his life and in turn, locked the grimoire. Nevertheless, Trevor found a way to prove himself to the grimoire...and apparently to Merlin himself who watched the growth from the book and it was once again open to him, allowing him to further grow his magic and even learn new ones.

At the end of the journey, Trevor was finally able to come to the crossroads and make it home, whatever home he had left, and finally see his master again. However, fate had other plans for the young apprentice sorcerer...as he found himself in a new location...called by someone who truly need the help of a mage.

Combat Information

Weaponry

Spoiler

Cabanomicon

A red leathered and metal covered grimoire that Balthazar presented to Trevor as a gift that once belonged to Merlin. Within these pages are countless Magic skills, varying in difficulty and even some regarding Summons. Unfortunately, this grimoire’s contents are difficult to unveil and release due to the need of translations and proper reading of inscriptions, and thus makes it impossible to learn new Magic skills in the middle of battle. However, for certain skills that have already been taught to Trevor, he can use and utilize that level of the Magic skills via the grimoire. The magical book is also known to be quite strong and sturdy, allowing for the use of this grimoire to be handy in the sense of using it as a shield as well as a flail via it’s chain. After arriving in the Ever, however, Trevor hasn’t been able to open the grimoire, unknown to exactly why. However, upon his adventures, Trevor learned it sealed itself due to his attempt in trying to access magic that he could not properly grasp and was harmed in the process. Until he can properly prove himself to the grimoire, it remains sealed, which he has...however the only part he can't access is the Summons Section.

Magic Rings

According to his master, a sorcerer is absolutely nothing without his rings. Because of this, Trevor wears three on his left hand, each one helping him greatly in a specific style of magic (red for fire, yellow for Thunder, and blue for Blizzard). These rings project the electromagnetic energy of the wearer’s nervous system and gives it physical form when the MP used for the Magic synchronizes with the MP around the environment as well as the electromagnetic energy.

Magic

Spoiler

Everything is documented within the Cabanomicon about each set of spells and magic that Trevor uses.

Offensive Magic

• Fire -> Fira -> Firaga
  • Blizzard -> Blizzara -> Blizzaga
  • Thunder -> Thundara -> Thundaga
  • Balloon

Defensive Magic

• Aero -> Aerora

Status Magic

• Cure -> Cura -> Curaga

Trevor’s Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• Trevor is from the RP: Kingdom Hearts: Everlasting.
  • Trevor’s name means the following: Trevor - an Irish name that means “prudent, homestead”. Masters - an Anglo-Scottish surname, deriving from “magister” and meaning “superior, one who is in charge”.
  • A possible fighting style I originally had in mind for Trevor was to base his style on another grimoire/book wielding individual in the world of KH: Zexion. However, further looking at how this character worked, which is that of being a mimic and using the skills of others, I decided against it. Could this be something I possibly go back and explore/add? Only time will tell.
  • Before deciding on a character theme for Trevor, the option of using Magic Dance by David Bowie as the theme was considered. This instead became the Character Application’s little title.
  • The name for the grimoire was presented by Yui originally as a joke, but because of the pun, I decided to run with it.
  • This happens to be the second incarnation of the character of Trevor Masters. The first version of this character debuted in Phantom Roxas’ “Kingdom Hearts: 13th Requiem”. In that version, Trevor was a blonde, but still an apprentice under Balthazar. However, in that version, he had a heart still and became the Keyblade’s Chosen.
  • Trevor's text color is: #660000.
  • Greatest Fear [As this was something important to the KH:E RP]: The greatest fear that Trevor has is that he failed Balthazar as an apprentice. He fears that if he ever saw his master again, that his failure during the mage’s war would be far greater than he ever realized and that his master would cut all ties with him.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

35 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Dance Magic Dance

Hide contents

iyyzIuC.png

“I am the apprentice to Balthazar Blake, sorcerer of the 777th degree. Allow me to demonstrate what I can truly do!”

Personal Information

Name: Trevor Masters
World of Origin: Arcana Cabana [The Sorcerer’s Apprentice]

Appearance

Hide contents

qxnzegm.jpg

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 150 lbs

Depicted above is Trevor’s general appearance, with his grimoire, Cabanomicon, most usually hanging on his right side. On his left hand are a total of three rings, on the index, middle, and ring fingers respectively. His eyes are a brownish-amber color, while his hair under his hat happens to be put up in a ponytail.

Personality

Hide contents

A young man with a strong aptitude for magic, Trevor is a studious individual and takes his studies quite seriously, especially if they involve Magic and other various Magic skills. This of course after his fated encounter with Balthazar, namely the studious portion of his self. Truthfully, Trevor wasn’t exactly the studying type, more or less the carefree, adventurous type who was always sketching and doodling things. Of course, when he found out he had the aptitude for becoming a sorcerer or wizard, Trevor did somewhat of a 180 on how he did things...while still keeping some of his previous attitudes. The main one being his adventure seeking mindset.

After being told his mundane life could be exchanged for one filled with magic and possibly adventure, Trevor’s spirit and heart jumped at this chance. In truth, Trevor’s heart, like many young individuals his age long for adventure beyond the world they find themselves in. The tutelage under Balthazar fed into this longing and it gave him a sort of wonder on what truly lay beyond his own world.

His carefree nature is namely shown when he’s on his down time, when he’s not meditating or studying Magic. Trevor’s favorite past time actually happened to be staring at clouds over head in his world, namely during the midday hours. Feeling the breeze around him as he watched the clouds over head and the skies painted with the appropriate afternoon colors from the sun, this gives him an almost nostalgic feeling of him being back on his world before his arrival in the Ever.

Aside from this, Trevor harbors a hidden fear that he tries not to make obvious to anyone else. He fears that if by some chance he returns to his world and reunites with his master, that things wouldn’t be the same. Due to his failure during the mage war and his inability to properly use the Cabanomicon nor notice the impending attempt on his life, he fears that Balthazar will not only cut all ties with him, but that he’d be denounced as his apprentice and be cast out. To him, Balthazar was somewhat of a father figure to him and to be denounced by him because of his failures then, it would more than likely crush the young sorcerer. To that end, Trevor has done his best to give everything he has in training and studying, hoping to correct his mistake. Nevertheless, it’s a strong fear that won’t leave his mind.

During his travels, he's made an effort to still be him...to be the Trevor he was before he died and entered the Ever. And while the fear is one that still haunts him to this day, the fear doesn't bind him like the chains that binds the grimoire. In fact, while this fear still remains, his heart and will has more or less improved and strengthened due to his time in the Ever and with those he happily called allies. He's more wiser than he was prior, however, taking careful to assess the situation rather than rashly make a move...seeing is that what got him in the predicament in the first place. And with his faith in himself restored as well as proven to the grimoire that he is truly worthy of it's teachings, he uses what he can to properly wield the book he was presented and show the worlds that he is worthy of being called a sorcerer. 

Biography

Hide contents

“Everything you thought you knew about this world is about to change...those were his words to me...”

Trevor lived his life quietly within the world known as Arcana Cabana, a world that resembled Manhattan. Growing tired of his simple life, knowing that he was able to aspire to greatness, he wished to find a way to try and escape the mundane. He never thought he’d ever be in the position he was...but fate found a way to lead him to a certain antique shop: Arcana Cabana. There, Trevor found met a man: Balthazar Blake, a centuries old sorcerer that was the apprentice to the wizard Merlin. Sensing a strange aura emanating from Trevor, Balthazar offered the position of becoming his apprentice, to which Trevor jumped on the chance...after all, this was a chance to leave the mundane of his life he only knew behind.

Months passed and Trevor was becoming quite the apprentice under Balthazar, and in such a short time as well. At the same time, Trevor had to get better as quickly as possible, due to his master warning that there would be a war coming soon...very soon. A war amongst sorcerers and sorceresses, between those who wished to use their magic for nefarious purposes...such as obtaining the hearts of innocent people, versus those who’d wish for this not to be the case. In this coming war, he and Balthazar would join in with quite a few of his allies and they’d wage war...and part of Trevor didn’t know if he could do this. Balthazar, however, had quite an amount of faith in the young boy, even presenting him with a red leather book with metal pieces as well as a chain connected to it. He was told this book was an unnamed grimoire that was passed down to Balthazar by Merlin himself, but it was apply named the Cabanomicon by the recent possessor of the book. This grimoire was one that held a number of strong magic skills and the possibilities of being able to utilize Summons, in order to fight beside him. Honored by this gift, Trevor humbly took the Cabanomicon and added it to his arsenal.

Months passed yet again, but this time the war of magic occurred. The world of Arcana Cabana was the battlefield and the skies were alight with magic of all kinds. It seemed as though Balthazar and Trevor were winning, but something unforeseen occurred in the form of the sorcerers and sorceresses vying for hearts ended up calling forth a darkness because of the darkness within their own hearts. This darkness was something that Balthazar knew about from his master and mentor, but Trevor never experienced this before...and try as he might...none of his magic would work against this...this darkness. With only one option left, he attempted to access the Cabanomicon and tried his hand at summoning forth a powerful Summon in order to turn the tide of battle.

Unfortunately, Trevor was still a novice at using this grimoire and wasn’t able to properly translate and read the inscriptions for the Summon he was trying for...and in this moment of weakness, an enemy sorceress struck him with a powerful piece of magic and he fell there in combat. His world going dark and all he could see was Balthazar striking back at the culprit and trying to revive his apprentice...but it was too late. Trevor was gone...lost to the darkness.

When Trevor awoke, he found himself in a place known as Fairlight Town, the capital city in what he learned was called "the Ever". In short, he found himself here and was dead. Along with quite the number of other individuals he found and joined with in Fairlight Town, they traveled through the Ever and to different worlds just to try and aid the Fairlight Guild, save the worlds and possibly even return to their world if they survived and exited the Ever. During his journey, he learned that his actions before he died were the cause of the Cabanomicon sealing itself tight. Due to his novice attempts to perform a Summon that was above his level, he cost himself his life and in turn, locked the grimoire. Nevertheless, Trevor found a way to prove himself to the grimoire...and apparently to Merlin himself who watched the growth from the book and it was once again open to him, allowing him to further grow his magic and even learn new ones. 

At the end of the journey, Trevor was finally able to come to the crossroads and make it home, whatever home he had left, and finally see his master again. However, fate had other plans for the young apprentice sorcerer...as he found himself in a new location...called by someone who truly need the help of a mage. 

Combat Information

Weaponry

Hide contents

Cabanomicon

A red leathered and metal covered grimoire that Balthazar presented to Trevor as a gift that once belonged to Merlin. Within these pages are countless Magic skills, varying in difficulty and even some regarding Summons. Unfortunately, this grimoire’s contents are difficult to unveil and release due to the need of translations and proper reading of inscriptions, and thus makes it impossible to learn new Magic skills in the middle of battle. However, for certain skills that have already been taught to Trevor, he can use and utilize that level of the Magic skills via the grimoire. The magical book is also known to be quite strong and sturdy, allowing for the use of this grimoire to be handy in the sense of using it as a shield as well as a flail via it’s chain. After arriving in the Ever, however, Trevor hasn’t been able to open the grimoire, unknown to exactly why. However, upon his adventures, Trevor learned it sealed itself due to his attempt in trying to access magic that he could not properly grasp and was harmed in the process. Until he can properly prove himself to the grimoire, it remains sealed, which he has...however the only part he can't access is the Summons Section.

Magic Rings

According to his master, a sorcerer is absolutely nothing without his rings. Because of this, Trevor wears three on his left hand, each one helping him greatly in a specific style of magic (red for fire, yellow for Thunder, and blue for Blizzard). These rings project the electromagnetic energy of the wearer’s nervous system and gives it physical form when the MP used for the Magic synchronizes with the MP around the environment as well as the electromagnetic energy.

Magic

Hide contents

Everything is documented within the Cabanomicon about each set of spells and magic that Trevor uses.

Offensive Magic

• Fire -> Fira -> Firaga
  • Blizzard -> Blizzara -> Blizzaga
  • Thunder -> Thundara -> Thundaga
  • Balloon

Defensive Magic

• Aero -> Aerora

Status Magic

• Cure -> Cura -> Curaga

Trevor’s Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• Trevor is from the RP: Kingdom Hearts: Everlasting.
  • Trevor’s name means the following: Trevor - an Irish name that means “prudent, homestead”. Masters - an Anglo-Scottish surname, deriving from “magister” and meaning “superior, one who is in charge”.
  • A possible fighting style I originally had in mind for Trevor was to base his style on another grimoire/book wielding individual in the world of KH: Zexion. However, further looking at how this character worked, which is that of being a mimic and using the skills of others, I decided against it. Could this be something I possibly go back and explore/add? Only time will tell.
  • Before deciding on a character theme for Trevor, the option of using Magic Dance by David Bowie as the theme was considered. This instead became the Character Application’s little title.
  • The name for the grimoire was presented by Yui originally as a joke, but because of the pun, I decided to run with it.
  • This happens to be the second incarnation of the character of Trevor Masters. The first version of this character debuted in Phantom Roxas’ “Kingdom Hearts: 13th Requiem”. In that version, Trevor was a blonde, but still an apprentice under Balthazar. However, in that version, he had a heart still and became the Keyblade’s Chosen.
  • Trevor's text color is: #660000.
  • Greatest Fear [As this was something important to the KH:E RP]: The greatest fear that Trevor has is that he failed Balthazar as an apprentice. He fears that if he ever saw his master again, that his failure during the mage’s war would be far greater than he ever realized and that his master would cut all ties with him.

Accepted, go, young man, to IC!

A Punch Boy, Essentially

AvNl6V7.png

Name: Roy Westlock

Appearance:

Personality:

"Just when I finally thought I understood how the world works…"

flXNL54.png

flXNL54.png

J6zrUjW.jpg

Roy spends most of his time wearing his leather jacket, which he acquired during his active service in the Britannian Military. He is exactly 6 feet tall (183 centimeters) and weighs around 160 pounds (73 kilograms.) He has a very muscled physique, though between his jacket and loose pants, it is hardly visible.

In a world obsessed with rotating gears and steaming pipes, Roy just… doesn’t get it. He learned from a very young age that the value of a person came from themselves, and using things like automata and other contraptions to augment your own capabilities is just cheating. Real men live off guts and guts alone! These are words Roy works to live by, and they have sparked a determination within him that surpasses most others, and has allowed him to excel in his own strengths, becoming a powerful Knight-Engineer (if he even qualifies as one.)

One of his strongest weaknesses (though occasionally it can act as a strength) is the fact that he is incredibly hot-blooded, living based upon his emotions, throwing reason away in favor of action. Despite the complex and intelligent plans of others, he is quick to charge forward, battlefield or not, and tackling whatever opposes him head-on. This kind of attitude is quite abrasive, especially considering his experience as a soldier for the Britannian army. Despite such attitudes, he is generally friendly to those he does not know, but forms impressions far faster than would be best for him. If a person rubs him the wrong way when he first encounters them, it is likely he will feel that way forever. There really is only one person he has changed his mind on.

This huge quantity of personality is often difficult for Roy to contain, and he has no sort of reservations against appearing standoffish, and even arrogant to those who don’t know him well. Hell, even the people who know him can tell he is an arrogant sonofabitch. Of course, it is difficult to not be at least somewhat arrogant when you are among the most experienced and most capable of Daedalus College.

Now, though, having been pulled against his will into a world he has never seen, left without his partner Morgan at that, he is paranoid, and his aggression reaches an entirely new level as he is unsure what to make of his new surroundings.

Biography:

Roy is the son of two automata engineers, but never showed any sort of inclination toward their technical work, instead demonstrating considerable amounts of athleticism. Wanting to support his natural talents, he was given the job of retrieving and delivering automata parts. Before long, he began to use Overdrive to accelerate his own body for these deliveries, and was discovered by Daedalus College scout, becoming enrolled at the age of 15.

Unfortunately, the majority of the school was far from his talents, and his first-year assignment was to create a fully-functional automaton by the end of the year, working with another student through the project. Fortunately for him, his assigned partner was Morgan Penn, a tall girl with some sort of tech fetish. Needless to say, she built the whole thing on her own, making a hulking lug of an automata that she aptly named “Big Turtle.” Somehow, he did not manage to be one of the 9 dropouts out of 10.

A couple more years passed before the two graduated.  Once again in agreement, the two decided to get their compulsory three years of service out of the way then and there, and served as a tag-team in a fair few battles, one of which caused the loss of his right eye, creating his blind spot, which is also his greatest weakness in battle.

Using Overdrive, the single technique he dedicated his entirety to mastering, Roy was able to take out large automata and encampments with his bare hands, jumping from target to target dishing out strategic mind and nearly indestructible Big Turtle, the pair of an Unstoppable Force and Immovable Object did quite a bit in their three years.  Once the three years ended though, Morgan left the frontlines for good, and without his walking fortress to duck behind, Roy was forced to follow her. 

Three years have passed since their active military service, during which the pair have returned to living in Daedalus College dormitories. Roy knew that Morgan was continuing her studies so that she could become a teacher. As for himself? Well, he hasn’t figured out that part yet.

Unfortunately for him, fate had different plans than him, Morgan, or anyone in the Britanian Empire, as Roy was violently ripped from his own reality on only his first day back at Daedalus College.

Combat Abilities:

Without use of Anima, Roy is already highly physically fit, and performs well above expectations on various Britannia military drills. However, it is when he utilizes Anima for Overdrive when he truly shows his ability. Due to his lack of affinity toward technology, Roy has practiced using Overdrive on himself since before he was even inducted in Daedalus College. The result of this dedication to this single application of Anima, Roy has reached the point where he can effortlessly accelerate his reflexes and sensory processing rate (i.e. bullet time) so that he can easily outmaneuver most automata. His strength and speed are also greatly magnified, as is the standard for Overdrive, but Roy really brings it to another level completely, accomplishing truly superhuman feats, such as breaking through steel armor with basic physical attacks, his punches and kicks delivering forces comparable to high explosives. This style of get in fast and hit hard has earned him the nickname of “The Unstoppable Force”.

Yo idk what's up with the code here but it should be good enough.

Edited by (TheOtherYuya)

5 hours ago, (TheOtherYuya) said:

A Punch Boy, Essentially

Hide contents

AvNl6V7.png

Name: Roy Westlock

Appearance:

Personality:

"Just when I finally thought I understood how the world works…"

flXNL54.png

flXNL54.png

Hide contents

J6zrUjW.jpg

Roy spends most of his time wearing his leather jacket, which he acquired during his active service in the Britannian Military. He is exactly 6 feet tall (183 centimeters) and weighs around 160 pounds (73 kilograms.) He has a very muscled physique, though between his jacket and loose pants, it is hardly visible.

Hide contents
In a world obsessed with rotating gears and steaming pipes, Roy just… doesn’t get it. He learned from a very young age that the value of a person came from themselves, and using things like automata and other contraptions to augment your own capabilities is just cheating. Real men live off guts and guts alone! These are words Roy works to live by, and they have sparked a determination within him that surpasses most others, and has allowed him to excel in his own strengths, becoming a powerful Knight-Engineer (if he even qualifies as one.)

One of his strongest weaknesses (though occasionally it can act as a strength) is the fact that he is incredibly hot-blooded, living based upon his emotions, throwing reason away in favor of action. Despite the complex and intelligent plans of others, he is quick to charge forward, battlefield or not, and tackling whatever opposes him head-on. This kind of attitude is quite abrasive, especially considering his experience as a soldier for the Britannian army. Despite such attitudes, he is generally friendly to those he does not know, but forms impressions far faster than would be best for him. If a person rubs him the wrong way when he first encounters them, it is likely he will feel that way forever. There really is only one person he has changed his mind on.

This huge quantity of personality is often difficult for Roy to contain, and he has no sort of reservations against appearing standoffish, and even arrogant to those who don’t know him well. Hell, even the people who know him can tell he is an arrogant sonofabitch. Of course, it is difficult to not be at least somewhat arrogant when you are among the most experienced and most capable of Daedalus College.

Now, though, having been pulled against his will into a world he has never seen, left without his partner Morgan at that, he is paranoid, and his aggression reaches an entirely new level as he is unsure what to make of his new surroundings.

Biography:
  Hide contents
Roy is the son of two automata engineers, but never showed any sort of inclination toward their technical work, instead demonstrating considerable amounts of athleticism. Wanting to support his natural talents, he was given the job of retrieving and delivering automata parts. Before long, he began to use Overdrive to accelerate his own body for these deliveries, and was discovered by Daedalus College scout, becoming enrolled at the age of 15.

Unfortunately, the majority of the school was far from his talents, and his first-year assignment was to create a fully-functional automaton by the end of the year, working with another student through the project. Fortunately for him, his assigned partner was Morgan Penn, a tall girl with some sort of tech fetish. Needless to say, she built the whole thing on her own, making a hulking lug of an automata that she aptly named “Big Turtle.” Somehow, he did not manage to be one of the 9 dropouts out of 10.

A couple more years passed before the two graduated.  Once again in agreement, the two decided to get their compulsory three years of service out of the way then and there, and served as a tag-team in a fair few battles, one of which caused the loss of his right eye, creating his blind spot, which is also his greatest weakness in battle.

Using Overdrive, the single technique he dedicated his entirety to mastering, Roy was able to take out large automata and encampments with his bare hands, jumping from target to target dishing out strategic mind and nearly indestructible Big Turtle, the pair of an Unstoppable Force and Immovable Object did quite a bit in their three years.  Once the three years ended though, Morgan left the frontlines for good, and without his walking fortress to duck behind, Roy was forced to follow her. 

Three years have passed since their active military service, during which the pair have returned to living in Daedalus College dormitories. Roy knew that Morgan was continuing her studies so that she could become a teacher. As for himself? Well, he hasn’t figured out that part yet.

Unfortunately for him, fate had different plans than him, Morgan, or anyone in the Britanian Empire, as Roy was violently ripped from his own reality on only his first day back at Daedalus College.

Combat Abilities:
  Hide contents
Without use of Anima, Roy is already highly physically fit, and performs well above expectations on various Britannia military drills. However, it is when he utilizes Anima for Overdrive when he truly shows his ability. Due to his lack of affinity toward technology, Roy has practiced using Overdrive on himself since before he was even inducted in Daedalus College. The result of this dedication to this single application of Anima, Roy has reached the point where he can effortlessly accelerate his reflexes and sensory processing rate (i.e. bullet time) so that he can easily outmaneuver most automata. His strength and speed are also greatly magnified, as is the standard for Overdrive, but Roy really brings it to another level completely, accomplishing truly superhuman feats, such as breaking through steel armor with basic physical attacks, his punches and kicks delivering forces comparable to high explosives. This style of get in fast and hit hard has earned him the nickname of “The Unstoppable Force”.

Yo idk what's up with the code here but it should be good enough.

Accepted enough

The Dying Star

Spoiler

morgan.png

"So  this  one  time  I  had  to  use  a  tree  stump  as  a  leg  and  however  hard  you  think  it  is  to  walk  like  that  it  probably  was  that  hard."

Name: Morgan Underhill
Race: Zombie
Motivation: Morgan became a Hunter for a dual purpose. First and foremost, because her master had told her to. But she's also doing it to find out where he went, and if somebody has harmed him, to hunt them to the ends of the Earth and beyond.

Source RP: HxH: 108 Stars of Destiny

Appearance:

Spoiler

190588_UZ4dx5ee.png

Height: 5'1"

Personality:

Spoiler

Morgan exhibits a great curiosity about the world around her, and loves to learn new things. Show her an object she's not familiar with, and she'll take it aside and fiddle around with it until she either figures out how it works herself, or somebody teaches her. She especially enjoys pressing buttons, pulling levers, and so forth just to see what happens, so letting her near the controls of dangerous machines unsupervised is ill-advised. On the flip side, this means it's very easy to keep her busy for an extended time by giving her a bunch of gadgets that don't do anything.

That said, the concept of guile is something she can never seem to wrap her head around, and not for lack of trying. Morgan's style of thinking is incredibly straightforward and her mannerisms are simple and honest. She's greatly trusting of others however, and while this plus a generally cheery nature make it easy for her to befriend others, this also makes her easy to deceive.

As if to complement her optimistic personality, Morgan strives to be a people pleaser. She'll generally do as she's told and try her best to lift one's spirits if she thinks they're feeling down. This ultimately stems from a devout dedication to her master, to whom she looks up immensely and at whose behest she would end her own life if he simply asked.

On a closing note, Morgan's compulsion to fiddle with buttons and levers is not restricted to mechanical parts. Anything like a lever that can be pulled or yanked - such as an animal's tail - will elicit a similar response from Morgan. She also takes great care to ensure that any and all dead bodies left in her care are well-preserved, being one herself.

Biography:

Spoiler

Birth date: Unknown. Cause of death: Unknown. Morgan Underhill - assuming that was ever her name in life - has no clue about anything that happened to her prior to her resurrection. Her very first memory is gaining consciousness ten 18 months ago, surrounded by a quartet of other corpses and a sole figure standing above her; the person who had apparently brought her back from the dead, and the person who became both her master and the object of her undying affections. That didn't last long.

Nine months after her resurrection, Morgan woke up to find her master was gone.  His lab was in a state of total disarray, and it was while cleaning the place up that she found a single note.  Hastily-written, but no doubt her master's handwriting.

"Become a Hunter."

That was all that was written there. Hunters...yes, Morgan had heard of them from time to time. Her master had told her scattered stories about them; powerful people capable of extraordinary feats. She'd once been told her master was a Hunter himself, with the power to move...something - Morgan could never remember what - from one person to another. So now she was being ordered to become one herself? On that day, five weeks nine months ago, Morgan grabbed the biggest bag she could find, filled it with all the money and food she could gather in her "home", and left to follow her orders. For the first time ever, she left her master's home and set out into the huge world beyond.

For nine months she journeyed across Lemuria, sometimes on her own but often with other Hunters. She became a proper Hunter, met many friends and foes alike, and learned much about life in the world outside of the cold, desolate lab she'd been first raised in. Try as she might, however, Morgan was never able to find any leads on her master's whereabouts during those months, with even the Hunters Association having no members registered under his name. Evenntually though, she found a new goal just as important as finding her master. Lemuria was a wonderful world, well worth protecting, and Morgan wanted to use her incredible tenacity to do just that.

Now, however, it seems she's been chosen to protect a different world instead. A mission which she'll happily accept. After all, unlikely though it may be, perhaps she'll find some leads on her master's location in Prana?

Abilities:

Spoiler

Beyond her instinctive knowledge of the Four Major Principles, Morgan has three distinct abilities.

Unliving: While she still has the general anatomy of a human, it would be foolish to think Morgan has all the concerns of the living, especially with her appearance. Her corpse-like physiology offers Morgan a particular benefit in that should she be maimed, stitching the missing parts back on will heal the wound. However, this only works with pieces of Morgan's body in particular; attempting to use parts from a foreign body has proven to have near-lethal consequences, least of all for the foreign body part. She can even integrate other organic materials into her body using Nen!

The Stalwart Servant: The first of two Nen abilities Morgan has access to. This ability causes Morgan's aura to thicken as she takes more and more damage, not to be confused with generating additional aura. As her aura thickens, Morgan's Nen grows stronger, granting access to greater strength, speed, and toughness. When not being harmed, Morgan's aura thins back down to its original state over time.

Karmic Blast: The second of two Nen abilities Morgan has access to. This is a pure-offensive technique that filters all the excess thickness Morgan's aura has attained and turns it all into a single emission-type beam of aura. Since the attack only filters out excess thickness, Morgan can't use it without being harmed first.

Edited by yui

33 minutes ago, yui said:

The Dying Star

Hide contents

the_OG.png

"So  this  one  time  I  had  to  use  a  tree  stump  as  a  leg  and  however  hard  you  think  it  is  to  walk  like  that  it  probably  was  that  hard."

Name: Morgan Underhill
Race: Zombie
Motivation: Morgan became a Hunter for a dual purpose. First and foremost, because her master had told her to. But she's also doing it to find out where he went, and if somebody has harmed him, to hunt them to the ends of the Earth and beyond.

Source RP: HxH: 108 Stars of Destiny

Appearance:

Hide contents

FOrdEJu.jpg

Height: 5'1"

Personality:

Hide contents

Morgan exhibits a great curiosity about the world around her, and loves to learn new things. Show her an object she's not familiar with, and she'll take it aside and fiddle around with it until she either figures out how it works herself, or somebody teaches her. She especially enjoys pressing buttons, pulling levers, and so forth just to see what happens, so letting her near the controls of dangerous machines unsupervised is ill-advised. On the flip side, this means it's very easy to keep her busy for an extended time by giving her a bunch of gadgets that don't do anything.

That said, the concept of guile is something she can never seem to wrap her head around, and not for lack of trying. Morgan's style of thinking is incredibly straightforward and her mannerisms are simple and honest. She's greatly trusting of others however, and while this plus a generally cheery nature make it easy for her to befriend others, this also makes her easy to deceive.

As if to complement her optimistic personality, Morgan strives to be a people pleaser. She'll generally do as she's told and try her best to lift one's spirits if she thinks they're feeling down. This ultimately stems from a devout dedication to her master, to whom she looks up immensely and at whose behest she would end her own life if he simply asked.

On a closing note, Morgan's compulsion to fiddle with buttons and levers is not restricted to mechanical parts. Anything like a lever that can be pulled or yanked - such as an animal's tail - will elicit a similar response from Morgan. She also takes great care to ensure that any and all dead bodies left in her care are well-preserved, being one herself.

Biography:

Hide contents

Birth date: Unknown. Cause of death: Unknown. Morgan Underhill - assuming that was ever her name in life - has no clue about anything that happened to her prior to her resurrection. Her very first memory is gaining consciousness ten 18 months ago, surrounded by a quartet of other corpses and a sole figure standing above her; the person who had apparently brought her back from the dead, and the person who became both her master and the object of her undying affections. That didn't last long.

Nine months after her resurrection, Morgan woke up to find her master was gone.  His lab was in a state of total disarray, and it was while cleaning the place up that she found a single note.  Hastily-written, but no doubt her master's handwriting.

"Become a Hunter."

That was all that was written there. Hunters...yes, Morgan had heard of them from time to time. Her master had told her scattered stories about them; powerful people capable of extraordinary feats. She'd once been told her master was a Hunter himself, with the power to move...something - Morgan could never remember what - from one person to another. So now she was being ordered to become one herself? On that day, five weeks nine months ago, Morgan grabbed the biggest bag she could find, filled it with all the money and food she could gather in her "home", and left to follow her orders. For the first time ever, she left her master's home and set out into the huge world beyond.

For nine months she journeyed across Lemuria, sometimes on her own but often with other Hunters. She became a proper Hunter, met many friends and foes alike, and learned much about life in the world outside of the cold, desolate lab she'd been first raised in. Try as she might, however, Morgan was never able to find any leads on her master's whereabouts during those months, with even the Hunters Association having no members registered under his name. Evenntually though, she found a new goal just as important as finding her master. Lemuria was a wonderful world, well worth protecting, and Morgan wanted to use her incredible tenacity to do just that.

Now, however, it seems she's been chosen to protect a different world instead. A mission which she'll happily accept. After all, unlikely though it may be, perhaps she'll find some leads on her master's location in Prana?

Abilities:

Hide contents

Beyond her instinctive knowledge of the Four Major Principles, Morgan has three distinct abilities.

Unliving: While she still has the general anatomy of a human, it would be foolish to think Morgan has all the concerns of the living, especially with her appearance. Her corpse-like physiology offers Morgan a particular benefit in that should she be maimed, stitching the missing parts back on will heal the wound. However, this only works with pieces of Morgan's body in particular; attempting to use parts from a foreign body has proven to have near-lethal consequences, least of all for the foreign body part. She can even integrate other organic materials into her body using Nen!

The Stalwart Servant: The first of two Nen abilities Morgan has access to. This ability causes Morgan's aura to thicken as she takes more and more damage, not to be confused with generating additional aura. As her aura thickens, Morgan's Nen grows stronger, granting access to greater strength, speed, and toughness. When not being harmed, Morgan's aura thins back down to its original state over time.

Karmic Blast: The second of two Nen abilities Morgan has access to. This is a pure-offensive technique that filters all the excess thickness Morgan's aura has attained and turns it all into a single emission-type beam of aura. Since the attack only filters out excess thickness, Morgan can't use it without being harmed first.

whoa what a total surprise that i didn't know was going to happen at all

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office