With Halloween on the way I began working on some zombie-related cards, and this year I decided to give some love to an old vanilla monster known as The Snake Hair. These are three Equip Spell Cards that play off of the theme of having snakes for hair. Like the Phantasm Spiral spells and traps, these cards can be equipped to and support any Normal Monster but only The Snake Hair herself can be equipped with all three at the same time, turning her from humble old school vanilla to manipulative, petrifying, venomous zombie powerhouse.

Petrifying Ponytail:

Spoiler

de7290u-a90d601f-9dc5-4fa0-be8d-9a3db3ad

The Snake Hairstyle - Petrifying Ponytail
Equip only to a Normal Monster. It gains 500 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Special Summon 1 "Petrified Token" (Rock/Earth/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either field. They cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. The DEF of a "Petrified Token" Special Summoned to your field becomes equal to the DEF of the equipped monster. Only 1 "The Snake Hairstyle" card can be equipped to a monster at a time unless the equipped monster is "The Snake Hair".

(I was trying out a bunch of different effects along the lines of turning your opponent's monsters to stone when one of my friends suggested turning monsters into tokens, and I decided to go with that. By petrifying your enemies you can either create 0/0 statues on your opponent's field to clog up their monster zones or give you free attack targets, or you can surround yourself with defensive barriers of your own.)

Biting Bun:

Spoiler

de7291f-a0c90d70-a959-4da2-aab8-46cfebde

The Snake Hairstyle - Biting Bun
Equip only to a Normal Monster. It gains 800 DEF. When an opponent's monster battles the equipped monster: Place 1 Venom Counter on that monster. Monsters lose 500 ATK for each Venom Counter on them. Destroy a monster with Venom Counters on it if its ATK becomes 0. Only 1 "The Snake Hairstyle" card can be equipped to a monster at a time unless the equipped monster is "The Snake Hair".

(I decided to revisit the Venom archetype for this one because I figured, hey, venomous snakes and there's a Venom normal monster this could even be equipped to. It does the same thing as Venom Swamp except at a smaller scale but allows you to control and exploit your opponent's ATK power while potentially outing their monsters if they amass enough counters.)

Blinding Blowout:

Spoiler

de7291w-293c18c6-526f-4a1d-9b38-0f6f5313

The Snake Hairstyle - Blinding Blowout
Equip only to a Normal Monster. It gains 500 ATK. While you control a token or a Normal Monster other than the equipped monster: You choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks. Negate the effects of the opponent's monsters with counters on them. Only 1 "The Snake Hairstyle" card can be equipped to a monster at a time unless the equipped monster is "The Snake Hair".

(This one ties the previous two together somewhat, but could play into other strategies involving tokens and counters. As long as your field includes other normal monsters or tokens, you get to choose your opponent's attack targets a la Patrician of Darkness. As an added benefit, any of your opponent's monsters with counters on them will have their effects negated. Should you swarm the field with Petrified Tokens and Venom Counters using the other two cards, you should be able to manipulate much of what your opponent's monsters can and can't do.)

These were pretty fun to draw up. Enjoy and have a Happy Halloween

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/31/TheSnakeHair-SBLS-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20190509220251