Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hyde

Sonic the Hedgehog - 1,000,000 Degree War (IC/PG-13/Limited Acceptance)

Zbws75M.png

OOC

The crisp heat of a Mobian summer was sweeping across the land, today.  Children were playing in any water they could find, and adults were busy either with their daily lives, or watching over their young.  This was the peaceful world of Mobius, a place that had not seen war or conflict in over 200 years.  Long gone were the days when the average citizen had to fight for survival against the evil armies of Robotnik, and other forces of true darkness and terror.  Those days were ended, once the famed Freedom fighters won the war in complete victory, with the Doctor locked up until his final days.  Truly, this was bliss.  Far away from any kind of city lie a long, tall mountain range.  The Ferris Mountains.  As the sun reached it's peak in the sky, the rays shone upon a relatively small, two-story log cabin.  It was nestled against the mountain, with a large plateau jutting out from the face, complete with a small forest all it's own.  The perfect hiding spot for an old hero of the land.

As the sun's rays grew brighter, they found their way into Ken's room, piercing the wilted fabric that he used as a curtain.  The light was too intense, and it woke him up immediately.  He sat in bed for a moment, before rubbing his eyes.  He had had the strangest dream, and looked to the other side of the room.  Another bed lay empty, it always had been.  So why did he never get rid of it?  The thought left him, as another immediate one crossed his mine. 

"GRANDPA!!"  He cried, jumping out of bed.  "WHAT TIME IS IT!?"  

From the downstairs, he could a withered, mature voice answer.

"I'd really wish you'd stop using me as some sort of clock.  But it just turned noon."

"AH CRUD!  I've already missed out on 6 hours of training!?"  Ken put on his weighted clothes, and made his way as quickly as possible downstairs.  Silver stood in front of a rather beaten up stove, cooking eggs in a pan.  His arms were shaky, but the way he was able to flip an egg was masterful.  "Why didn't you wake me up!?"  The withered white hedgehog turned to him with a grin.  

"It's the weekend, Ken.  You've been working so hard, that I thought you deserved to sleep in for once.  You know, you should be enjoying yourself these days.  Don't train yourself to death."  Ken sat down at the table, sighing.

"I gotta train!  That's how I'll get stronger!!  Isn't that what you brought me to the future for?  So you had someone strong to protect it?"  Silver turned back to his eggs, and took them off the stove.  He poured the contents onto a wooden plate, already stacked with a tower of pancakes.  

"I brought you here for a lot of reasons, my dear Ken."  He said, as he brought the plate to the table, placing it down in front of the boy.  His stomach kindly rumbled aloud, as Ken looked at the food in awe.  Silver sat down across from him, with a cup of coffee in his hands.  "You were going to die that day, you know?  That was reason number one.  Reason number two, was because I sensed a strong will inside of you.  A will I have not seen in many years.  It's like the spirit of an old hero..."  Silver's eyes traced the ceiling, as if he were looking at something Ken wasn't able to see.  

"I'm not gonna be able," Ken stuck a fork in his tower of pancakes, and began tearing into it, "to catch up to an old hero, if I don't keep my training as rigorous as it can get!"  Ken slowed down, half his pancake stack already gone.  "Hey, Silver...there's a question I've had for a long time...but why are there two beds in my room?"  The old hedgehog looked to Ken.  He closed his eyes, searching through his old memories. 

"Hm..." he pondered for a moment, "I think I just made one in case another were to join us.  Sadly it was never filled."  Silver took a sip from his cup.  "Were you lonely, Ken?"  He asked the boy.  Ken, who was now in the middle of scarfing down his sunny-side up eggs, looked up to Silver.  He smiled.

"Hell no!  I've got you, old man!"  He lied through a pretty natural smile.  Silver nodded with a smile in turn.  After a few more moments of small talk, Ken's meal was eradicated.  "Your cooking is the best, Grampa Silver!"  He patted his stomach, before getting up from his seat.  "A good meal deserves to be used towards an even gooder workout!"  Without another word, he zipped right out of the door, and out into the forest.  

IsOSufc.png

The sun shone brighter for a split second, as something parted from it.  The tiniest drop of sunlight, smaller than a bead of rain, now descended upon Mobius.

SyCquzh.jpg

-BGM-

Metropolis...a city that was ever moving and always full of something new. Every day was a new adventure of sorts...and every day held a new surprise for its inhabitants. ...Well, that's how Zane the Arctic Wolf saw it. It was a much more welcomed change of pace than the Northern Tundra.

On one such of a sunny day, the arctic wolf found himself with a shaved ice in one hand, just walking around the city. His mind was in a constant state of thought for today, namely cause he had quite a weird dream the night prior. Of course, like many dreams one would have, not one iota of the specifics of it were remembered...so no big shocker there. Still, if anything, he would say that in the small amount of time he was asleep and dreaming...it was almost like he lived quite a long period of time in that dream.

...it's weird for that...but eh, if I can't remember the details of it, it must not have been too important. Zane shrugged, scooping a bit of the shaved ice and immediately chowing down on it.

Honestly, he figured something else would be available for him to do...but it was practically noon now and all he accomplished was waking up, going for a bit of a walk and of course, treating himself to the shaved ice. One of the downsides to not being back home in the Northern Tundra: not a single area for snowboarding, but alas, he chose to live here in Metropolis for the time being, so if anyone was to blame him...it was Zane himself.

Either way...least it gives me time to relax, cool off and clear my head. That's the more important thing! he thought, a small smile appearing on his face as he scooped a bit more of the shaved ice and ate it...his tail wagging and his ears twitching in delight.

"Hello?"

A green lemur sat up, still half asleep at the sound of a voice he didn't recognize.

"Hellooo?"

That voice again. Flurry rubbed his eyes as he looked around. Where was he again? It was so hot. How could he even be sleeping like this- right no blanket to speak of. No clothes for that matter. Things weren't going to be getting much cooler. He was in a tent. It was piecing together in his less than alert brain.

"You there or not?!"

That was enough to jolt the lemur fully awake. This was his tent. He'd set up shop on the edges of a desert town in the middle of summer. Not the best choice all things considered but given the supposed landmarks to see in the region he was going to have to show up eventually. But the heat had been more oppressive than even a tropic native like him was used to. There was no water anywhere, not even in the air? But now wasn't the time for that. Flurry stood and took stock of his things. Wristbands were put in place out of habit but for now he ignored the shoes. The purple tint to everything he was seeing sparked the realization that he'd fallen asleep with his most recent pair of goggles on. These he shifted up to his forehead for the time being. Truly, dressed for success. Flurry opened the tent flap, the hot desert breeze immediately rising to meet his face. The first step onto the hot sand made foregoing shoes for the moment a regrettable decision. The lemur hurriedly walked and jumped into place behind his makeshift stand some few feet ahead of his temporary lodging which advertised his services.

"So sorry sir, I hadn't woken up quite yet." Flurry started as he shifted into customer service mode complete with fake smile and happy tone. Looking at his would be customer the lemur could see an older rabbit, dressed like he'd been doing field work not long ago from the gloves and boots.

"Darn near noon boy!" the rabbit replied, seemingly baffled. The timing didn't necessarily surprise Flurry given how late he had stayed up, but still he had to play nicely.

"Right you are, sir. Suppose I should stop taking late morning naps." Flurry offered back with a fake laugh. "What can I do for you?"

"Folks been talking about this whiz what does repairs and stuff for the last few days. I didn't wanna head back into town but I do need this fixed up right quick." the rabbit spoke as he withdrew what looked like a watch from one of his pockets and placed it on the less than sturdy counter. Flurry's enthusiasm, if he had any for a job that had woken him up, was quickly vanishing as he saw the watch, while digital, was clearly physically broken. Could anyone read? He clearly only advertised his coding skills- strike that this particular sign had been especially lazy and only spoke to technology in general.

"It's not really my specialty but I'll see what I can do." Flurry offered as he bent over to his side to reach for what actual tools he had. Despite his claim to do nothing on the hardware side of things, he found himself taking on more and more jobs of the nature so it was best to be prepared. His striped tail shot up into the air for a moment as he fussed with opening latches to things. The old rabbit huffed and muttered something about hippies under his breath. It took some minutes but soon Flurry was set up and had the watch all but entirely disassembled on his makeshift stand. Everything seemed fine with the electronics bar one little tiny connection that had shorted everything which he carefully reconnected before reassembling the watch with more than a few dropped screws. In the end it took him maybe twenty minutes, far too long for this kind of work, but he'd been paid and the rabbit was on his way. Now he could eat breakfast. Or was it lunch at this point? Either way his stomach didn't seem to much care about the semantics.

It was a new day. Probably one of the last he was going to be spending here. He'd seen most of what he'd come to see. All that was left was a particularly prominent canyon which was said to be haunted by near every city and village in the region. But that was a night activity so for now Flurry needed to satiate his boredom while the sun shone above.

Beginning start up sequence...

A hum was heard deep within the ruined amusement park that was Old Eggland. Hidden among the ruins was a single pod containing a sleek  blue robot. It lit up as the pod opened and wires anchoring the unit inside began to loosen their grip.

Commence full defragmentation cycle Y/N?

Y.

Commence full cleanup cycle Y/N?

Y.

Full defragmentation and cleanup cycles commenced. Estimated time until completion: 10 minutes.

As part of the defragmentation process, Chimera's memories began to play in front of him, checking to see if any files were corrupted or if they were missing. And so, it played back the first memory in his banks...

Laying on a table, Chimera looked down at his half built torso, seeing a old egg shaped man quietly working on the body. No words were said, as the robot didn't even know what to say to him, and his creator was too busy focusing on construction. After a few minutes though, Eggman reached up and patted the metal head of Chimera in an affectionate sort of way. "You'll soon walk... my greatest creation, and you will lead the others to a grand world of robots...,"

After 10 minutes, the pod finally opened, letting the robot take its first step. His audio functions came online before his visual ones, and the first thing he noticed that it was so... quiet. The last time he was active, the city was, ironically enough, alive. Robots would be running around, preforming duties or any orders the Doctor had, Metal Sonic would probably be sulking in the corner with Tails Doll clinging at its leg. Orbot and Cubot would be doing something stupid with Mecha Knuckles egging them on or even joining in... It was only a few years after the Doctor's death, did the city fall apart that fast? There was only one way to quickly get some sort of information as things was.

Attempting to connect to the EggNet...

Attempt failed. EggNet down...

The EggNet was down? How? Did Tails discover it and shut it down? No... that was impossible. Sonic and his friends didn't even know it existed. Still, he wasn't getting information that way. He attempted to reach out to the communication network all Eggman robots had, something they nicknamed 'The Ensemble'.

An odd phenomenon that happened was that when two Eggman units were on the network at the same time, a thrum of logic and harmony began to wash over it. It wasn't music, wasn't audible, but it felt that way in the rhythm and harmony. With all the robots Eggman had built over the years, many different 'songs' played over the Ensemble, each one distinct, but somehow all blending together like an orchestra for the mind.

However, when he reached out, it was dead silent. The robot stayed on the network for a few minutes, letting his signal flow out, letting others know that MS-11 Chimera was online and functional. No one answered, not even MS-02 Metal Sonic telling him to shut up like what would normally happened if someone did the equivalent of shouting out into the Ensemble.

His visual systems had now begun to function. All he could see was ruins. The city... it was run down... almost ruins... what happened? He needed answers and he needed them now. He used his scanners, trying to find something, anything! He began to walk around the city, scanning things while lifting up rubble, hoping to find any robot, or even parts of the robots. He could rebuild them if he found parts...

He refused to believe he was alone or abandoned. He refused to believe everyone was destroyed, there was no way anyone could overpower the entire might of the Eggman army, not even Sonic could do it easily. And yet... he looked to the sky, worry gripping his systems. Did they perhaps move on to a new base? He didn't know, and he needed the answers.

v21SxxG.png?1

Mt. Ferris

"Nine hundred ninety-six...nine hundred ninety-seven..." Ken's arms were struggling, but he kept his breathing in rhythm and conitnued his pushups, "Nine hundred ninety-eight....nine hundred and ninety-nine..."  Just one more...but he was struggling for some reason today.  Something else was weighing heavy on his mind for some reason.  He took a deep breath in, and pumped out his last repetition.  "One thousand."  His arms like jellow, he managed to push himself off the ground, rolling his shoulder as sweat dripped down his cheek.  His training regimen was brutal, but now he was getting to his favorite part of the session.  He paced towards a tree, whose trunk seemed to be worse for wear.  He rubbed under his nose as he approached.

"Sorry I gotta take this all out on you, Leafy.  But there's no better training partner around the place."  It had been too long since he had an actual opponent to face, as Silver retired from fighting him some time ago.  Ken almost broke the poor man's back with too powerful of a kick.  "C'mon, put 'em up!  Put 'em up!"  Ken smiled, as he raised his fists towards the wooden pillar.  "What'd you say about my grandpa?!"  He roared, as a kick was sent flying into the trunk of the tree.  Small splinters were fractured from the base, as a shock was sent all the way to the top branches.  "One!"  He announced, before lowering his leg, and bringing it back up again to meet the tree.  "Two!"  

IsOSufc.png

Metropolis

The Metropolis city street was abuzz with activity, as families strolled throughout the hot day.  No doubt, everyone was out doing the usual errands on such a perfect day.  However, this was the city after all.  A lady's scream could be heard near Zane's location.

"Thief!!!"  She could be heard again, as some shadowy figure made it's way through the crowds in a flash.  No one pursued after the criminal, everyone was too busy.  However, a lone city officer came to assess the situation.  She took down a couple of notes, nodding her head sternly, before making eye contact with Zane.  The officer then pointed to him, asking the lady another question out of ear-shot.  The lady shrugged, but that didn't stop the officer from approaching Zane.  She flashed her badge, before talking any further.

"Good day, citizen!  I'm Metropolis Officer Becky.  Badge Number CRSH40."  She crossed her arms, while holding a notepad up to her face.  "We don't get many Arctic Wolf's in this area...they mainly stick to their frozen tundra home.  So it seems pretty sketchy that one of you would be here."  She tapped her foot, while gently tapping the notepad against her cheek.  "Well...I don't think you're a suspect or anything...your eyes don't look like any criminal I've seen around here."  She stopped tapping her foot.  "That being said, I'm pretty sure we know who the culprit is, and I'd like to acquire your services...if you're for hire."  She turned around.  "Gosh..is that an insensitive thing to ask..."  She returned to face Zane.  "The culprit goes by the name Alex the Flame...my partner Harvey has been trailing her for month's now, but she's got weird powers...think you could give us a hand?"  

IsOSufc.png

Canyon Outskirts

As the old rabbit walked away, a new face walked up to Flurry's stand.  In her hand, she held something that looked almost just as similar to the rabbit's pocket watch.

"Oy, Lemur, care to help a hedgehog fix her little device."  She showed Flurry the thing she held, which resembled more of a handheld computer than anything.  "This is my own invention!  I call it the Chaos Tracka!  Pretty nifty, ain't it."  She shook the thing, trying her best to wake it up, but to no avail.  "Thang is...it ain't workin' quite right yet.  It's a bit on the fritz...prolly cause I 'aven't tweaked the programming innit.  But I 'ear you're a right genius, so's I thought payin' you a visit might be just what the doctor ordered."  Whaddya say."  She threw the device towards Flurry, pointing a finger midway up into the air.  "And don't go worryin' about payment.  I'll pay any amount ya ask for if you manage to fix it."  

IsOSufc.png

Old Eggland

After countless overturned pieces of junk, Chimera would come across a buried Egg Pawn.  Upon being unconcealed, the life in the robot's eyes lit up.  Sparks began to flare from it's joints, and neck, but it tried its best to remove itself from the pile of rubble it found itself under.  It's mouthpiece, trying it's best to reboot, began to light up as well.

"-11...MS-1...Chime-...-era..."  It weakly stated.  "Good Mor-...MS-11..."  The sparks had died down, not as violent as before.  With vigor, the Egg Pawn ushered Chimera to follow him to another pile of rubble where the two would overturn rocks to uncover another Egg Pawn, this one still with it's Egg Lance in tact.  This one seemed in worse condition, badly dented and rusted to the extreme.  It too began to reboot once the rocks were move away.  The new addition to the gathering number of badnicks stammered out Chimera's name, also offering the robot a good morning in a broken excitement.  "We shall go on patrol now...Eggland needs to be defended, at all costs...In the meantime...please reboot the main generators and EggNet...MS-02 will be happy to see you."  The first Egg Pawn said, as the two headed off in search of more badnicks to uncover.  

IsOSufc.png

Twilight Prison

The cinder gracefully descended into Mobius' upper atmosphere, on a course to an island in the middle of the ocean.  It didn't take long, before it fell in front of a temple of sorts.  Outside stood two echidna's, guarding the front door.  They raised there weapons, as they saw the lone ember settle in front of them.  

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing, bro?"  One echidna asked the other.  "This isn't a normal fire...is it?  Could it be..."

"No.  We would've been alerted if the Iblis trigger were killed.  This isn't Iblis."  

"Then what even is i-"  Before the guard could finish his sentence, an intense flash encompassed the entire island.  The echidna that stood in front of the temple were now nothing more than a pile of ash, their silhouettes engraved into the granite doors they protected .  The flame approached the door, as it parted the stone with sheer temperature alone, forcing it's way inside.  Once there, it made it's way into the middle of the room it found itself in.  All that was inside was a pillar, and mounted on the pillar, an orb swirling with pitch black energy.  With another flash that illuminated the room, the orb found itself shattered.  Leaking from the broken shards, a shadowy figure began to put itself together.  Becoming whole, the entity began to cackle.

"I've been freed once more...I shall not let this opportunity go.  To who do I offer my loya-"  As the being's eyes came into contact with the lone ember, it gasped in shock.  "Iblis...no...you are not my brother...yet you resemble his essence.  You are...familiar"  The black creature took a step back.  "Just what the hell are you."  It hissed.

"My child...I suppose it has been some time..."  It said calmly, in an angelic manner, "I'm the one who created your true self...I am the creator of Solaris."

"Impossible!"  The pitch dark being threw his hand to the side.  "There was nothing before Solaris!  He is the one true god, and I am one of his halves, Mephiles the Dark!"  With a dark orb being prepared in his hand, he unleashed the attack upon the flame, crashing against some invisible force.  The attack, even though it was made of energy, seemed to be burning.  After a brief moment, the attack was diminished in it's entirety into a smoldering flame.

"Know my true name, and tremble."  The flame's brightness grew intense, causing Mephiles to close his eyes and turn away, "GWYNN, GOD OF THE SUN AND PYRE!"

Another flash was all it took to put Mephiles onto the ground, breathing intensely.  His entire body seemed to be smoldering.  Somehow, he was still alive.  After an attack like that, he was sure it was over for him.  

"Gwynn..."  He brought himself to a kneeling position before the fire.  "I serve you, and only you...I am but your humble servant..."  

"Mephiles the Dark...as your one true god and master...I issue my first decree upon this world..."

Edited by Mr. Hyde

SyCquzh.jpg

It seemed like it was just going to be one of those quiet days...and Zane was a hundred percent here for i-...

"Thief!!!"

The sudden scream made Zane choke a bit on his shaved ice, not expecting such a predicament to occur right now. He did notice, however, that there was shadowy looking figure that slipped and slunk away into the crowd. At first, Zane was about to jump at the chance to follow, however he stopped when he noticed a lone officer coming to assess the situation. Rather than flee and make himself look like a suspect, he figured he'd stay to help with the questioning portion. ...except...the officer seemed to be eyeing him something awful and when she pointed at him and the lady shrugged, she was then making her way towards him.

Oh for the love of...please don't think I did it... Zane thought, mentally facepalming as the officer approached.

"Good day, citizen! I'm Metropolis Officer Becky. Badge Number CRSH40. We don't get many Arctic Wolf's in this area...they mainly stick to their frozen tundra home. So it seems pretty sketchy that one of you would be here. Well...I don't think you're a suspect or anything...your eyes don't look like any criminal I've seen around here. That being said, I'm pretty sure we know who the culprit is, and I'd like to acquire your services...if you're for hire. Gosh..is that an insensitive thing to ask...The culprit goes by the name Alex the Flame...my partner Harvey has been trailing her for month's now, but she's got weird powers...think you could give us a hand?"

Zane was left dumbfounded as Becky spoke, as he took the last bite of his shaved ice and tossed the remainder of the contents in the trash bin near them. He sighed with a small shake of his head. "Well Officer, I feel a bit insulted that you would think an Arctic Wolf would possibly be the culprit. I may be fast, but I'm not in the stealthiest." the Arctic Wolf gave a small smirk before waving his hand slightly. "Don't worry, I've had a few say I've been sketchy since I moved here. Ya know how it is, trying to find myself...plus I was getting somewhat tired of the same bland cold, white surroundings...oh and the snowy scenery too."

A chuckle escaped his lips, before clearing his throat. "...sorry, bit of humor at the expense of Arctic Wolves...anyway! I've heard of your partner, quite the guy...really does love this city. Heh, can't turn the TV on without seeing him in a highlight reel or something. Regardless, I'm 'for hire', I suppose you could say. Just know I'm not really in this for the reward or recognition. Sure, those would be awesome...but I'm just here for the challenge." Zane flashed a small smile, before extending his hand out towards Becky. "Almost forgot...I'm Zane."

Flurry's stomach protested at the sight of another customer appearing as this would inevitably prolong the acquiring of a meal in town. But thankfully Flurry's brain was a lot more interested in what had showed up before him. He hadn't seen a hedgehog like this woman anywhere around town. Make that anywhere for that matter. She looked ready for anything which had the lemur wondering what she was doing out here. Unless she had an interest in supposedly haunted places too but then no amount of gear could really have one ready for ghosts surely. At first, the produced device made Flurry groan internally at what he perceived to be another physical patch job. If thing was any more complicated than the line of broken gadgets from town there wouldn't be a lot he could do about it. But as the hedghog kept talking she mentioned the problem likely lay at the programming of the device to which the lemur's face lit up. Finally, a problem worth his time. His focus was now entirely on the so called Chaos Tracker and he caught it easily.

"Pretty slick design." Flurry commented passively before attempting to turn the device on. Sure enough he could tell what she meant by on the fritz. Whatever the readings meant they were inconsistent and the display was less than cooperative. The lemur looked around his set up and realized he didn't actually have anything to program with outside the tent due to the last few requests having been strictly mechanical which prompted a return trip across the sand filled with awkard hop-running in an attempt to spare his bare feet the scorching sand. Making sure to keep the openings on both sides to the makeshift shelter the lemur rummaged through his scanty belongings after slipping into his shoes finally for his soles' sakes. Flurry returned to the hedgehog and her device with a bundle of different cables tied in knots together and a thin tablet device, large enough to function as a display and touch-keyboard. These he sat down on the counter while looking over the Chaos tracker for how best to connect to it to his own device. After disentangling several wires the lemur had a connection established and was perusing the device's code on his own computer.

"Well would you look at that..." Flurry started curiously as he began looking over the code. "I have no idea what a lot of this means." A less than encouraging sentiment. But that just meant it was time to get serious. And serious meant goggles on which prompted the lemur to lower the pair resting on his forehead down over his eyes as he began typing away. There was several minutes of simply reading what was there before he started testing different lines of code, eventually getting the device to display "Hello World" as a proof he understood the language. Seeming satisfied he began looking back over the code as provided to begin looking for problems.

"You called this a Chaos Tracker right?" The lemur began in curiosity, not wanting the hedghog to be kept in the dark as he worked. "So like, what's chaos exactly and why would you wanna track it?" Several error messages appeared prompting the lemur to quickly take back his last change and continue scanning the code. "Most people I know like their lives nice and quiet. But maybe you're not most people." Flurry teased. Already error messages were becoming less frequent, he was picking up on how the device operated quickly.

Chimera couldn't believe what he was seeing. It didn't seem to be some sort of clever ruse that the robots were doing to make people think they were gone, it was really ruins. He clenched his fists, thinking about the ways he would murder Sonic and the others, and watch their organic blood drip from his fingers as he stood over their bodies, however, before he could get too lost in that fantasy, some motion caught his attention.

The robot flipped the rubble over to reveal an Egg Pawn buried beneath. "-11...MS-1...Chime-...-era..."  It weakly stated.  "Good Mor-...MS-11..." If Chimera could cry, he probably would right at this moment. For now, he only helped the Egg Pawn up, looking over it. The amount of wear and tear on it didn't make sense, it seemed like it had been exposed to the elements for far too long to be a mere two years... a nonexistent pit became to form in the robot's stomach. Something had gone really wrong.

Instead of dwelling on it, he followed the small Pawn as it led him to another pile, where they soon freed another Egg Pawn. "We shall go on patrol now...Eggland needs to be defended, at all costs... In the meantime... please reboot the main generators and EggNet...MS-02 will be happy to see you." The first Egg Pawn said, as the two headed off in search of more badnicks to uncover. MS-02? So Metal Sonic was still here. That was good to know, even if the robot felt a sense of dread fill him.

"Be careful," Chimera said as he watched them go. He didn't like this, he would rather repair the two before doing anything else, but he didn't have the tools on him. Besides, he would need power to really fix them up, so his hands were tied. With a robotic sigh, the robot headed towards the last place he remembered where the generators were. For all the foolish mistakes Eggman had made in the past, he knew well not to leave those generators in the open, instead opting to keep them underground, deep in Eggmanland itself so that Sonic would have a hard time reaching it.

Even if he did know the lay of the land, it still took Chimera around ten minutes to reach the generators themselves due to having to clear debris and avoid holes in the floor. The twin generators stood tall, filling nearly the entire room, monuments to the power man could make. However, the entire room was covered in a thick layer of dust, obviously, no one had been here for years. The machine walked over, clearing off debris and dust while scanning the generators for any damages. Seeing nothing too wrong with them, he walked over to their control panel and started them up. A low hum was heard throughout all of Eggmanland as the generators began to power up for the first time in years. He knew it would take awhile for everything to power up once more, so he wasn't worried when activity didn't pick up right away.

Chimera then headed to the command room, more time taken to clear even more debris. He wasn't sure if it had been so long that the place naturally fell into this state of disrepair, or if it was due to some sort of attack. Frankly, he didn't want to think about it, but his systems were not satisfied with such a gap in his knowledge, which forced him to think about it. He did his best to keep his mind off of it by focusing on getting the Eggnet back online.

By the time he reached the Command Room, the place had only started to boot up. Knowing this might take a bit, the robot opted to stand in the corner, waiting for all the systems to come back online.

v21SxxG.png?1

Mt. Ferris

"1000!" Ken roared, as he brought a heavy kick towards the tree's trunk a final time.  His leg met the wood, causing what was left of the trunk to shatter into millions of splinters.  The tree began to topple over, causing Ken to leap in shock.  "Don't worry!  I got 'cha!  I got 'cha!  Don't worry!"  Ken rushed over a bit, only to catch the towering tree with his bare hands.  His arms were buckling at the weight, but these things were always getting lighter.  He straightened out his arms, and hiked the tree over his head, slowly carrying it to the side of the house.  There, he'd throw the tree to the ground with a mighty thud.  Strolling over to an axe, Ken picked it up, and used his speed to chop up the tree into well organized lumber.  After he was done, he wiped his brow, and smiled, looking out over the view from atop the mountain.  Life couldn't get better than this.  

"Care for some water?"

Silver had appeared from thin air, holding a glass in his hand.  Ken graciously accepted it, and downed the whole glass with a couple of chugs.  

"Thanks, Gramps!  That really hit the spo-"  Before he knew it, there was the familiar sensation of psychokinesis around his body.  It was a strong grip, and he couldn't move a muscle.  However, he was able to break a smile.  "We haven't gone a round in a long time, have we Grandpa Silver?"  The old hedgehog before him chuckled slightly, stroking his wrinkled chin.

"Ohohoho, can't let you think you've gotten stronger than me, can I boy?  Not too mention, you must be tired fighting against an opponent that has no hopes of fighting back, correct?"  The old hedgehog winked.  "You've lost every single bout with me...let's see if you've improved."  With the taunt, Ken could only smile.

"I just hold back, so I don't go breaking any of your bones, ya old coot!"  Ken flexed his muscles, causing a wave of force to knock Silver off guard for a split second.  The second was all Ken needed for Silver to break his focus for just one moment, freeing him of his paralytic attack.  He made a mad dash for Silver, cocking his arm back as he did so.  When Silver's eyes brightened that sharp green, Ken was already gone in a blur.  From behind, Silver could see Ken bring his leg up with a giant sweeping motion.

"HURRIKEN!"  

"It's no use."  Silver smirked, as a defensive barrier was brought up to shield himself from the attack.  However, when Ken's ferocious kick met the forcefield, Silver's eyes widened at a crack that was made in his defense.  With a roar, Ken followed through with his roundhouse, shattering the psychic barrier like glass, and exposing Silver.  Silver's eyes lit up, as he watched Ken soar above him to bring down a kick on his shoulder.  Even with his power, it wouldn't be enough to stop the blow.  However, in another afterimage, Ken was behind the old hedgehog once again.  This time however, he only poked his grandpa's shoulder with a smile.  

"Looks like it's my first win, huh!?"  He pumped his fist excitedly.  Silver could only smile.  

"I went easy on you."  It was exactly the opposite, however.  He had put every ounce of his strength into those psychokinetic attacks just now...but Ken had truly gotten strong.  "Please tell me you opened one of the inhibitors at least..."  Silver almost begged.  Ken only stuck out his tongue.

"I ain't tellin', so I guess you'll never know!  Now let's make some lunch!  I'm starvin' over here!"  

IsOSufc.png

Metropolis

"Well Officer, I feel a bit insulted that you would think an Arctic Wolf would possibly be the culprit. I may be fast, but I'm not in the stealthiest.  Don't worry, I've had a few say I've been sketchy since I moved here. Ya know how it is, trying to find myself...plus I was getting somewhat tired of the same bland cold, white surroundings...oh and the snowy scenery too."  A chuckle escaped him, before he cleared his throat"...sorry, bit of humor at the expense of Arctic Wolves...anyway! I've heard of your partner, quite the guy...really does love this city. Heh, can't turn the TV on without seeing him in a highlight reel or something. Regardless, I'm 'for hire', I suppose you could say. Just know I'm not really in this for the reward or recognition. Sure, those would be awesome...but I'm just here for the challenge." Zane flashed a small smile, before extending his hand out towards Becky. "Almost forgot...I'm Zane."

Becky, in turn, shook the Arctic Wolf's hand.  

"Glad we got that all sorted out.  You're hired!"  She proclaimed.  "We've tracked down the location of the ne'er-do-well to some back alley's in the slums...poor kid's probably been on her own for a long time now.  Follow me."  Becky started the pursuit with a brisk walk, that slowly started to turn into a full on dash.  "It's a sad day when Metropolis Police has to rely on mercenaries to do our job, but this is a special case.  Alex has been at large for quite some time, and no one's been able to stop her spree.  Like I said, she's got some nasty powers."  Becky turned her head back towards Zane.  By now, the large city scape had turned suburban-ish.  "And I didn't pick you out of the crowd for no good reason either.  Everyone's heard stories of the Arctic Wolves.  Your people are hunters at heart, and your weakest member is probably on par with Harvey himself, so I'm glad to have seen you when I did."  Becky scratched her chin.  The small town houses outside the city had now turned into run down buildings, and pitched tents.  Becky slowed her pace back down to that brisk walk from before.

"Say...you said you got bored of the arctic, right?  Don't you miss your family?"  

IsOSufc.png

Canyon Outskirts

"Pretty slick design."  The girl nodded in turn.  

"O' course it is!  I designed it meself!"  

"Well would you look at that...I have no idea what a lot of this means." After a mere moment of typing, the Lemur was seeming to make some headway with the device, prompting the girl to whistle.  "You called this a Chaos Tracker right?" His tone was filled with curiosity.  "So like, what's chaos exactly and why would you wanna track it?" Several error messages appeared prompting the lemur to quickly take back his last change and continue scanning the code. "Most people I know like their lives nice and quiet. But maybe you're not most people." 

"By the looks of how you're finagling with my device, I'd surmise the same thing about you!"  The girl said with a toothy smile.  However, at a sudden realization, the hedgehog brought her hands down on his table with a smack.  "Whaddya mean you ain't know what chaos is!?  Bloody chaos!?"  She backed off the Lemur's workspace, and pinched the bridge of her nose.  "Well, if a damn history lesson could get me a discount, I suppose I can tell ya."  She took a deep breath.  "Before time...before the universe...there was chaos...running amok wherever it could.  It brought destruction, but it also brought life.  You'd think that the name chaos has negative connotations...but it's the most neutral form of being anything could be.  Chaos runs through us all...whether you bloody like it or not.  The old heroes from centuries ago were famous for bending chaos to their will, but their were others that came before who could do the same...some were even hailed as gods."  She paused, closing her eyes.  "Chaos doesn't have a shape, but their are conduits by which it can be harnessed.  There are mystical gems about the world called the Chaos Emeralds, which do just that.  They are conduits for chaos...making it easier to collect and unleash...anyone who possesses a chaos emerald will possess the fate of the world."  She opened one eye.  "And don't get me started on the Master Emerald...the granddaddy of all the chaos emeralds, and a well of infinite chaos energy...but no one's found it in centuries of searchin'."  

She winked at the Lemur.

"However, that's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo that old timer's spout these days.  Baseless rumor...but...some Mobians have strange abilities thanks to Chaos...so it's not all hearsay in my opinion."  

IsOSufc.png

Old Eggland

As gears turned, and engines whirred, the Central Command Room began to come back to life.  Screens throughout the place could  be seen booting back up, some displays showing countless errors that tried to run diagnostics.  It was slow, but it was surely coming back online.  As light turned back on, a hunk of metal could be seen, sitting upon a chair that usually was reserved for the good doctor.  Chimera would simply notice it as the husk of an old Metal Sonic unit, worn with the ages.  It was attached to countless plugs and wires, connected to the control room's main console.  As the room turned bright, so did the life in the Metal Sonic's eyes.  A bright flash of red illuminated the space between him and Chimera, as sparks began to seep out of the cracks in it's frame.  It's head began to slowly rise, as it's eyes laid upon the Badnik who resided in the corner of the room.

"Ah...do my visual processors deceive me...or is that MS-11 skulking in the corner back there."  Every time the Metal Sonic moved, the sound of rust chafing, and old joints creaking, could be heard throughout the room.  However, it was able to barely rise to its feet.  "Good Morning, brother!  How was your rest?"  A sudden surge of power brought MS-02 offline, as his body fell to the ground.  Within a couple of seconds, he was turned on once again, and picked himself up off of the floor.  "How embrassing..."  He sighed, dusting himself off.  His finger clinked against the rusted metal of one of his spines.  "I bet you're wondering just what the hell happened here in the time you were away..."  He claimed, with a somber voice.  

IsOSufc.png

Twilight Prison

The decree was enough to send chills down even Mephiles' back.

"An order of that caliber...Are you sure, My Lord?"  Mephiles asked, in a shaky tone.  He could tell by the motion of the flame, that it was a nod to his question.  "I shall execute your order...but it will take some time for preparations.  Is that okay?"  

"Of course, my child.  Take as much time as you need.  This is a hefty task after all, and you were almost mere ashes not moments ago."

Mephiles bowed before the lone flame.

"Thank you, Lord Gwynn.  I shall begin immediately."  Mephiles' darkness began to ooze onto the stone floor beneath them.  In no time at all, a pool of black ink had covered the surface in no time at all.  Mere moments after words, many arms began to sprout from the ink, as similar shapes to Mephiles began to drag themselves onto the mortal plain.  

SyCquzh.jpg

BGM

"Glad we got that all sorted out. You're hired! We've tracked down the location of the ne'er-do-well to some back alley's in the slums...poor kid's probably been on her own for a long time now. Follow me."

"By all means, officer, lead the way." Zane smiled, chuckling as he followed after Becky, taking a brisk walk...then slowly evolved further and further into a full on dash. He was no hedgehog, but he did his best to keep up, as well as not having to try and rely on him making the ground beneath him icy in which for him to skate along to keep up.

"It's a sad day when Metropolis Police has to rely on mercenaries to do our job, but this is a special case. Alex has been at large for quite some time, and no one's been able to stop her spree. Like I said, she's got some nasty powers. And I didn't pick you out of the crowd for no good reason either. Everyone's heard stories of the Arctic Wolves. Your people are hunters at heart, and your weakest member is probably on par with Harvey himself, so I'm glad to have seen you when I did."

Zane shrugged some, not really minding being labeled a "mercenary", though he figured that this definitely needed to be fixed and finished with. With what it sounded like, they definitely could use the help...big time. Then she mentioned the fact that Arctic Wolves happened to be great hunters at heart...okay so she only said hunters and not great, but Zane definitely had that word added to that sentence just to boost his ego some more. "On par with Harvey, you say? Well I'm truly honored to have some think that. Especially that type or reputation proceed me and my kind."

"Say...you said you got bored of the arctic, right? Don't you miss your family?"

"Like crazy." the wolf said, shrugging. "Not a day goes by without me thinking about my old man and all my friends in my clan. I send them postcards when I can...but it's more or less not just boredom for my reasons why I left. We have a sort of...family business...ever hear of the Arctic Freedom Fighters? The ones that used to be run by Guntiver? Yeah...that's my ancestor. And my family's been sort of running that group for as long as I can remember. I was next in line...and well, my old man figured he'd keep the position for the time being. No reason...nothing. Honestly it had me steamed up...so I left the Northern Tundra. I guess...you could call it a journey of self-discovery or something, but I'm also just trying to be my own wolf, ya know?"

He didn't know why of all the people to say this to, this Metropolis Police officer was the one to hear his story. Maybe he just needed to get it off his chest...maybe he was saying it just for his own listening to...who truly knew the answer.

Flurry hopped in place in reaction to the hedgehog's slamming her hands down on his work bench. Nothing but a reflex but it was enough to get his heart pumping for a bit. She soon backed off to begin explaining chaos to him. The lemur was almost distracted from continuing to mess with the chaos tracker's code as the hedgehog spoke. Almost. He could multitask well enough as she spoke of things he could vaguely remember hearing about. Chaos being part of everything, the old heroes, the emeralds both normal and mastery variety, all of it rang somewhat familiar but none of it was anything the lemur had paid all that much attention to. Still, the way she told the information was pretty engaging. The combination of the shock, her story telling, and his continuing to crack the code kept Flurry's heartrate up as if it was all leading to something. And it was, but not what the lemur had been expecting. A playful wink from the hedgehog threw him off as he did his best to not blush or make further eye contact for a moment before she attributed the strange powers of some Mobians to this chaos as well.

"Chaos does all that huh..." Flurry spoke as he pondered the hedgehog's words. Instinctively his long striped tail curled up behind him before unwinding and repeating the process. It seemed like something of a literal representation of the gears turning in his head. A smirk crept onto his face as an idea came to him. With a forced yawn the lemur thrust both of his hands into the air and arched his back to stretch out from all the typing he'd been doing just as a random small gust blew in the hedgehog's face from the direction Flurry was sitting. It lasted only a moment but it definitely defied the prevailing winds of the area and had no discernible source. Returning back to the chaos tracker, Flurry continued combing the code and removing errors. He was zeroing in on the device's issues and the talk of chaos and emeralds, however much truth there was to any of it, was helpful in thinking of how to tell the device to track it.

"As far as a discount goes, if I can get this working I wouldn't charge you much of anything if you took me along to see something interesting." Flurry started playfully. The lemur hit a button on the screen and almost immediately was ready to backtrack on the change only to see no error message as had been expected which widened Flurry's eyes a bit. His attention was absorbed in the work as he quickly flew through a series of a lines, making the slightest alterations and additions before compiling the code again.

"Think we might almost be there." He said as he stood and brushed his backside with his hands to be rid of the endless sand that had clung to his fur. Flurry disconnected his tablet from the tracker before handing it to the hedgehog. "It might need a few more tweaks but let's see if we're moving in the right direction miss... uh... hedgehog" he trailed off. It only occurred to the lemur he had never done the formalities that would lead to his knowing his customer's name. That was fine normally but it felt odd here for some reason. "Name's Flurry by the way, if my sign didn't say." He added meekly. His sign didn't state his name but there was no room to remember the specifics of that in his head at the moment.

"Ah...do my visual processors deceive me...or is that MS-11 skulking in the corner back there."  Chimera looked up to see the broken body of Metal Sonic sitting in Doctor Eggman's chair. The way he struggled to move, the way he was barely staying alive... that wasn't right. This... this wasn't the way Metal should have been. He was a strong, proud robot with almost a single track mind, and now, he could barely move...

Without a word, Chimera rushed over to Metal's side, wirelessly connecting to the blue bot using Harmony and instantly pinging him, the network filled with a worried thrumming like that of a bass as Chimera asked for a status report on Metal's body. A metaphorical frown filled the network as Metal Sonic denied it, causing Chimera to 'gently' ask him again. If a ping with all the force of a train behind it could be considered gentle. The frown only got bigger as Metal denied it, another train of force behind the rebuttal.

"I bet you're wondering just what the hell happened here in the time you were away..."  Metal Sonic claimed with a somber voice. Chimera almost threw the unit out the window in a rage, knowing that the robot was trying to distract him. However, the worst part was, it was currently working. With a sigh, Chimera helped Metal Sonic into a chair, dusting him off and nodding.

"Yes, tell me everything you can," Chimera relented on pinging the robot and walked over to the command room's control panels, tapping on the board. To an organic, it might appear that Chimera was only giving Metal some of his attention, but he wasn't organic. He was a robot, and he had multiple processors, four to be exact. It was a simple task to commit one to working on the Eggnet as he used two to listen to Metal Sonic, and the final one being left alone just in case.

His fingers were a blur of motion as he worked on getting the network back online, the passwords to the entire empire engraved deep in his memory. "In T-minus 20 minutes Eggmanland will be fully operational," He reported. "Unless something else goes wrong,"

v21SxxG.png?1

Mt. Ferris

Ken's stomach could be heard growling, as he leaned across the table in a pitiful state.  Silver was at the counter, again, preparing lunch for the two of him.  A load of rice, fried and mixed with various fruits and vegetables, covered in a thick orange sauce.  It was the perfect meal for a growing hedgehog to recharge with.  Ken watched closely, as Silver began to walk over to place the dish in front of him.  Suddenly, Silver stopped in his tracks, and fell to one knee, clutching his chest. 

"GRANDPA!"  Not a second went by that Ken managed to dash to the old hedgehog's side, letting the plate and food fall to the wayside.  Silver's limbs began to tremble, as Ken helped him back to his feet.

"Ken, you need to stay inside for a moment..."  Silver found his composure, and firmly pushed Ken's support away.  "And don't come out until I tell you to, do you understand?"  The look Silver gave him was one of the most serious he had ever received from his adoptive grandfather.  Ken could only nod.  "Good boy.  I'll be right back."  Silver slowly made his way out of the cabin, and outside.  Although he wasn't allowed out himself, he opted to stare through one of the windows.  There, he noticed that the sky had gone dark...and an eerie feeling washed over him, like something was lurking in the shadows.  There, silver stood, his posture imposing enough to send shivers down Ken's spine.  This wasn't a side he'd seen of the old man before.  

His attention was then turned to a bubbling pool of what he could only guess was tar, or ink, slowly forming a puddle from the earth.  Ken watched on, as a figure began to form from the black substance, revealing something that almost resembled a hedgehog, but it's facial features were void of anything but his eyes.  The voices from behind the glass were rather muffled, but Ken could still hear the following conversation. 

"Mephiles....I thought you were sealed away for good this time."  Silver stated.  So that guy was Mephiles?  He'd heard the name when Silver taught him history, but he never was the best at paying attention.  However, his eyes were glued to the scene in front of him.  "To what do I owe the displeasure of you seeking me out?"   

"Ah...Silver...ever the weighty Mobian."  Mephiles' voice seemed to echo throughout the field, his tongue as sharp as silver.  "I've been given a new lease on life, thanks to my Lord...and he's given me a great task."  The dark one bowed before Silver, as more and more Mephiles were brought forth from the black liquid.  However, these versions were relieved of the slight purple hue that the first gave off.  In response, Silver's eyes began to erupt with their own emerald shine.  The same color could be seen emanating from an aura around his hand's as well.  

"And what would that be..."  Silver asked, with baited breath.

"Oh...quite a simple one honestly..."  Mephiles began to snicker.  "It's to relieve this planet of it's Chaos Manipulating population, of course!"  A sick cackle began to erupt from the previous snicker.  "And I'll be personally taking care of you, Silver!  Sonic and Shadow are not here to help you this time!  They aren't here to save anyone!!!!!"  

IsOSufc.png

Metropolis

"Like crazy.  Not a day goes by without me thinking about my old man and all my friends in my clan. I send them postcards when I can...but it's more or less not just boredom for my reasons why I left. We have a sort of...family business...ever hear of the Arctic Freedom Fighters? The ones that used to be run by Guntiver? Yeah...that's my ancestor. And my family's been sort of running that group for as long as I can remember. I was next in line...and well, my old man figured he'd keep the position for the time being. No reason...nothing. Honestly it had me steamed up...so I left the Northern Tundra. I guess...you could call it a journey of self-discovery or something, but I'm also just trying to be my own wolf, ya know?"

"Well ain't that just the story!"  Becky exclaimed, with a smile on her face.  "You do look too young to be running any kind of community, in my humble opinion, but I think your hearts in the right place!  That I can bet on!"  As they travelled deeper into the slums, the sky began to darken.  Becky looked up, only to find no clouds in sight.  "Huh...must be something funky going on with the weather...do you think this is a trick from that feline?"  Becky wondered aloud.  She managed to come to a halt in front of a shack with metal sheets tightly nailed together.  Right outside the door next to them was a Dingo, tapping his foot on the ground.  

"You all took your precious time...this the new hire?"  The Dingo looked to Zane.  "Name's Harvey...you ready for this sting?  It ain't gonna be an easy one."  

Without time to wait for an answer, a loud scream was heard from inside the metal shack.  Harvey then leaped into action, stomping the door down with his foot.  Some sort of device went off at the sudden unhinging, and a booby trap was set loose.  A large hammer came down from the ceiling, almost knocking Harvey clean off his feet.  However, he was able to sidestep the attack easily.  Becky soon followed into the shack, signaling for Zane to take the rear.  Once they entered the tiny abode, they would see a red cat girl, hoisted against the metal wall of the shack by some unknown entity.  It radiated a dark aura, and could be seen turning it's head around in, making cracking sounds as it twisted to meet them.  Four more of the things could be seen emerging from the metal floors, as they began to march silently towards the patrol.

"Hope you're worth the money kid...this isn't anything like I was expecting today..."  Harvey spat on the ground, upholstering a pistol he held at his hip, taking a shot at the wrist of the monster who held the cat by the neck.

IsOSufc.png

Canyon Outskirts

As the gust of wind hit the girl's face, she could only smile.  

"Sure does, bucko.  You wouldn't happen to be one of those types...would ya?"  She asked, almost sarcastically.  The Lemur went about his work, as the girl continued to stand by and watch, looking for any other possible windy attacks.  

"As far as a discount goes, if I can get this working I wouldn't charge you much of anything if you took me along to see something interesting." 

"Take you along?"  The girl looked over her shoulder.  "Well..the crew could use a guy like you with his brain screwed in right...I'll have to take it up with them first..."

"Think we might almost be there." The Hedgehog moved in closer, looking at the final touches being done to her device with awe.. "It might need a few more tweaks but let's see if we're moving in the right direction miss... uh... hedgehog.  Name's Flurry by the way, if my sign didn't say."  The girl looked to his sign, and laughed.  

"Well it does say that, don't it!?"  She stuck her hand out towards the Lemur.  "Roxie...Roxie's my name, and don't go wearin it out.  If you're gonna be a part of me crew, then you better start addin' a Cap'n to it first, you got that Flurry?"  She winked at him, before laughing again.  She was interrupted when her device began to rumble in Flurry's hands.  After a few seconds of rumbling, the screen turned a dark black, with a white arrow pointing to the empty canyon in the distance.  With an alarming ring, the device began to shake again.  "Hey!  It's totally workin'!  You're a mad genius there Flurry!"  She looked at the device closer, and furrowed her brow upon inspection.  "But the screen's supposed to be green...what's all that gunk in there?"  The girl then pointed her head in the direction of the arrow on the tracker, and noticed that the canyon had filled to the brim with a black, gooey substance.  Thousands of beings could be seen pouring from the liquid, and onto the upper levels of the canyon, where they marched towards the small town that sat beside it.  A small group broke off, and began marching it's way towards Flurry's stand.  

"Friends of yours?"  Roxie asked, with an annoyed look.  "Or are they lousy customers?"

IsOSufc.png

Old Eggland

"Yes, tell me everything you can," Chimera relented on pinging the robot and walked over to the command room's control panels.  "In T-minus 20 minutes Eggmanland will be fully operational," He reported. "Unless something else goes wrong,"

"You haven't changed at all since you were put to sleep all those years ago..."  The chime on harmony was light, but full of nostalgia.  "Shortly after you were put into Sleep Mode...the doctor passed away.  His last words were instructions of keeping Eggland in perfect condition, until someone returned to fill his place.  We were not to engage the freedom fighters from then on...we were to be patient for a successor to emerge...but none came."  His consciousness faded for a second, before returning again with a ping to harmony.  "Sadly, there were some of his creations that grew impatient...and I bet you know who it is that I refer to."  A low tone came from Harmony, wreathed with hatred.  "Mecha Sonic.  He formed an insurgency, hellbent on disregarding the Doctor's dying wish, and spreading Eggland's influence across Mobius."  The whirring from the control panels hung in the air between the two Badniks.  "Our forces fought among themselves...tearing each other limb from limb...it was hell to witness...it was hell to take part in...our numbers dwindled into the double digits...only a few remained standing.  Some of our brothers managed to stay alive, and went into hiding from the Tyrannical Mecha Sonic...but now that you're here..."

His head picked itself up to look at Chimera, with one functioning eye.

"Were you the successor he was always talking about?"  

The EggNet would go on shortly after Metal Sonic's question.  

SyCquzh.jpg

"Well ain't that just the story! You do look too young to be running any kind of community, in my humble opinion, but I think your hearts in the right place! That I can bet on!"

Was that the reason? Zane now had an inquisitive look on his face as he followed Becky, curious on if...while his heart was in the right place...he was just too young. But that couldn't have been the reason. He was fairly certain that his father was the same age as he was when he took over the Arctic Freedom Fighters. It would just make sense...but maybe there was more to it? Whatever the reason, right now wasn't the time for Zane to lament how things were going to go down for his own life. He was on the clock, so to speak.

Though he did notice the sudden darkened skies, but didn't say much. It was most likely just a storm preparing to pass...or it would be if there were clouds. But again, he didn't say much about it.

"You all took your precious time...this the new hire? Name's Harvey...you ready for this sting?  It ain't gonna be an easy one."

"Yes sir, happy to help if anything." Zane nodded at Harvey. "Name's Zane...Officer Becky basically gave me the gist of the situat-..." He paused as he heard the screams coming from inside the metal shack, his ears twitching quite a bit at this point from it. "...that...didn't sound good...at all."

What followed next was a whole thing, with Harvey kicking the door down, a hammer (most likely a trap) being swung in the dingo's direction but the officer simply sidestepped with ease. It caused Zane to whistle a bit at the display. "That's pretty impressive..." he muttered to himself, as Harvey entered the shack with Becky following and him...of course, covering the rear. After all, if this was an ambush, he could definitely give this whole thing a bit of a cold surprise. That's about the time he saw it...the red cat girl in question...and she was...being hoisted against the wall? ...okay? Did someone else get to her first? Was there more than just this group? he thought, before noticing something else: the unknown entity now turning to face them, as he could hear cracking sounds as it twisted.

"...okay...that just sounds disturbing." Zane said, shaking his head as he pretty much got chills from hearing the cracking.

"Hope you're worth the money kid...this isn't anything like I was expecting today..."

Zane slid to the side of Becky, already conjuring up an icicle as he tossed it up and down in his hand. "Heh, sir...just keep watch...you'll be frozen in surprise at what I can do." he said, already launching one icicle at one of the four other things that were coming their direction. "That's one...annnnnnd two!" he said, launching another icicle right at another.

The lemur gave no solid response one way or the other regarding his ability to manipulate chaos. The way the hedgehog explained things, he figured that's what his powers had to be but he'd never known them as anything other than simply his own abilities. To slap a fancy title on it now wouldn't mean much or change how they worked. Flurry was curious however to hear that there was a crew involved. This wasn't a one-hedgehog act then as he had assumed. It made sense really, going it solo wasn't the life many wanted to shoot for. The prospects of joining a team were mixed for the lemur. There'd probably be more food and resources to go around for sure. Tech he wouldn't otherwise get his hands on was always a tempting offer. But answering to someone's orders seemed like a pain. Still, all this chaos talk had him too interested to just ignore. Flurry returned Roxie's, as she introduced herself, hand giving a playful yes captain in response before the chaos tracker took over the pair's attention.

"Heh, genius might be a bit much" Flurry tried to play down the compliment like it wasn't that big of a deal, all the while hiding the pride swelling his chest at someone in this ghost town acknowledging the worth of his talents as more than just a handy-lemur. He relinquished his grip on the object to let its owner better inspect the now functional display, ever curious to what it was doing. Despite figuring out the basics to the coding language, he still didn't much know what the actual functionality was supposed to be. The initial joy of seeing it work was soon replaced with concern over the color of the screen being incorrect. Probably just a semicolon out of place was Flurry's initial thought until Roxie brought to attention gunk as she called it. The lemur followed her line of sight only to see the once barren canyon now filled with a dark substance that looked like something out of a complex supercomputer simulation. That alone would have been alarming but immediately more concerning were the entities spilling out of it and scaling the canyon walls. There were too many to count. A mix of awe and terror gripped at Flurry's heart as he stood paralyzed for a moment. Roxie calling attention to the few of the creatures heading their was was a helpful wake up call.

"No friend or customer I'd ever have. We gotta get out of here!" the lemur shouted as he scrambled to grab his computer and ran for his tent. He didn't intend to take all of his things at this point of course, most of it was pretty easy to replace. But he had a tech bag that he slid the tablet into. This much at least was precious to him, the rest he could leave to whatever fate these monsters had for it. "Go go go!" he called out more to himself than Roxie as he bolted from the tent and in the opposite direction of these things. Running away wasn't going to be easy of course as his head was constantly turned behind him to try and see what the things from the canyon were even doing. A few of them probably weren't a big deal, but if they all focused on him and Roxie there wasn't much he could see either of them doing about it. For a moment he thought of what might happen to the nearby town. They wouldn't stand a chance. The thought slowed his retreat until he stopped and turned back to face the oncoming. Before he could think of playing the hero he had to know if he could even do anything.

"Let's see how you like this!" Flurry shouted as he swung his free hand not carrying his bag in front of him, causing a powerful blast of air to shoot outward in the direction of the attackers. The desert sand would be forcefully swept up into the strong wind and blown around the area but most immediately in the faces of the enemy.

Edited by Doggo

v21SxxG.png?1

Mt. Ferris

Ken watched on, unable to hear the conversation between Silver and the monstrosity that was just outside there house, but from the look on Silver's face, this was anything but good.  Ken clutched the windowsill, the wood cracking from the sheer force he gripped it with.  His legs were shaking now...almost as if they were about to move on their own.  That's when Ken saw Silver's eyes ignite...a glow more intense than he'd ever shown the boy before.  A fight was brewing...but Silver hadn't given him any kind of signal.  

"I always knew you were a coward, Mephiles...waiting for your time to strike this world when it's greatest protectors were gone."  Silver outstretched his hand, lit with it's green, fiery aura.  From it, a shockwave was unleashed, the likes of which disintegrated a small portion of Mephiles on impact, whilst pushing back the majority.  His anger could be felt from inside the house.  "There's still someone protecting this planet!"  Silver barked at Mephiles.  However, the dark one could only cackle some more.

"Oh you poor, withered, old hedgehog.  Soon, there won't be anyone on this planet who can stop me...can't you feel it?  All of their lives...as if turned to ash...how tragic."  

Upon hearing Mephiles' words, the old Hedgehog clutched his chest.  He could, in fact, feel the chaos.  One after another, they were vanishing...those connected closely to the chaos force.  His hand rattled, as he shot off another, albeit weaker, shockwave at Mephiles.  Fewer were destroyed, as the rest began marching towards him.

"With you gone...no one will be able to resist.."

IsOSufc.png

Metropolis Slums

With the pun, Harvey let off a huge sigh.

"There goes your tip."  He said, watching as his bullet seemed to do no damage against the monster that held Alex.  The others were advancing now, causing Harvey to grit his teeth.  "Becky, power up.  These things aren't your average Mobian!"  With that being said, the Dingo unloaded every round in his revolver, opting to put in a different type of ammunition.  In a flash, his revolver was reloaded, as he fired off another shot at the cat burglar's attacker.  The bullet seemed to be crackling with static, as it lodged itself into the shade's neck, zapping it's whole body.  In it's convulsing, the monster let go of the cat, before exploding in a puff of smoke.

"You can't take on these types without a trick up your sleeve..."  Harvey gloated, swiping at the tip of his nose.  "I'll check on our little thief, you handle the rest you two!"  Harvey commanded, darting off towards the girl on the floor.

"You heard him!  Officeeeeeeeer Becky-" She chanted, before striking a pose, "Powering up!"  With her pose complete, a slight breeze emanated from her briefly, before she took off at a faster speed than when she was running with Zane.  In an instant, her fist had lodged itself through one of the shades, who exploded into black smoke after realizing it had been impaled by a mobian.

Zane's spears hit their targets, but they continued to move towards him, weighted down by the large icicles that had protruded their bodies.  With their arms outstretched, they shot out claws that extended rapidly towards the wolf, the entirety of the fingers made out of some sort of solid crystalline substance.

IsOSufc.png

Canyon Outskirts

"It was a rhetorical question..."  Roxie snorted at the Lemur's comedic response.  However, nothing was funny with how these things were marching towards the two so intently.  Their plan was now to run, and Roxie couldn't agree more with that judgement.  "You know, I hate being ordered around, but this time I'll make an exception!"  Roxie ran after the lemur, but noticed he was starting to slow down.  The guy had taken a couple of peaks back towards the town....should she bite her tongue or lay it out for him flat.  The question would have to wait, as Flurry turned around to unleash a giant whirlwind against their pursuers.  "So you got a little more power behind that breeze o' yours than I first thought, huh?"  

With the gale like winds, and the sand being thrown into the swarm, it somewhat halted the shades' advance.  They seemed to not be able to stand, and soon were blown over entirely by the wind.  This caught the attention of the small army marching towards the small town, who was now on it's way in totality towards the two of them.

"Aww now look what ya gone and done!  If you woulda just ran, we coulda gotten out of here scott free!"  Roxie watched as the sluggish looking blob was working its way over quite quickly.  "They don't look like they've got a lot of fight in them...but they outnumber us a million to one.  So I say we scram!!"  Roxie bolted in the opposite direction of the town, turning towards Flurry to shout, "If we make it to my ship, I'm sure we'll get outta this mess alive!"   

SyCquzh.jpg

"There goes your tip."

"Tip? Heh, and here I thought this was just community service." Zane chuckled in Harvey's direction, seeing him now assessing the situation further. Honestly, whatever these things were...they weren't normal...well...normal in a sense of weird inky creatures and not Mobians.

"You can't take on these types without a trick up your sleeve...I'll check on our little thief, you handle the rest you two!"

"Ten-four on that." he nodded, a smirk appearing on his face. He had always wanted to say that...this was the perfect time to do so. Once Harvey rushed to the cat on the floor, he and Becky were taking on the inky creatures...which, while Becky was getting fast on her side of things...the Arctic Wolf now had two of these creatures moving towards him. They were weighed down by the icicles he threw, sure, but they now were shooting claws from their outstretched hands which had a bit of a solid crystalline substance in the fingers.

Okay...that's worrisome...! Zane thought, immediately ducking and rolling out of the way of the crystalline hands being shot at him. "Sheesh...talk about a chilly reception." he said now getting back up and immediately rushing forward towards the two creatures, and immediately leaping in the air above them to sling two more icicles at them. Once that was done, he immediately began to freeze the ground beneath him and the two creatures, to where the wolf began to do a curious thing: skate around on the icy floor. "I may be no hedgehog...but...you'll find I can keep up in speed in other ways!" he taunted the creatures, skating in a circle around the pair...his speed getting ever so faster with each rotation. "What's the matter? Too quick for ya? Or do you have cold feet?"

There was a moment of confidence as his wind seemed to be effective against the enigmatic entities marching on the town that soon slipped into panic as Flurry saw the rest of them switch their focus. The town was safe but that left him and Roxie in a lot more danger than they would have been otherwise. The hedgehog was quick to point this out and already the lemur was trying not to immensely regret his actions. They needed to get to her ship now. Even if Flurry could blow a few over here and there but there was definitely many more than he could realistically handle. That didn't stop him from sending stray blasts behind him as he turned and ran as near fast as he could at Roxie's side. They needed to keep things off their tails as long as possible. 

"Dunno what came over me" Flurry started in a huff as he kept running. Somehow he felt the need to explain himself almost more to himself than Roxie directly but she deserved something given the danger now posed to her. "It's not like I'm attached to the town or anything but it just didn't feel right-" he started but jolted away from the rest of the thought as one of the figures had managed to leap ahead of the pack and grab a hold of the end of his tail. If he hadn't been panicking before the yelp he let out now confirmed it as a very powerful blast of wind was sent out in all directions except Roxie's as a last minute act of control over the panic option. That was encouragement enough to focus on running and wait for the explaining.

"Your ship close? I could probably fly us to it" Flurry offered as an alternative to getting overrun by the army of shadows.

v21SxxG.png?1

Mt. Ferris

Silver grit his teeth, not even shooting a glance back to Ken.  He was way too old to be doing this sort of thing anymore...but he had to make sure there was still hope.  He clutched at his chest, his heart beating faster than it had in the last 10 years.  He couldn't help but smile, as the green light from his hand grew brighter.  Another shockwave of psychokinetic energy bashed the army of shadows that slowly approached him, disintegrating far more this time than before.

"I'm honestly sort of glad you were resurrected again.  Maybe this time, someone will finally be able to stop you once and for all.  No stop gaps this time, like a flimsy seal would do.  No...this time you'll be put in your final resting place, and sent straight to hell where you belong!"  A loud hissing could be heard coming from the army of shadows, as they all sprung to a way more aggressive stance.

"I wanted to take my time with this, you old codger.  But it seems you're in a hurry to die.  It's a shame I had to see the one who stopped me before in such a miserable shape, really.  I'd hoped you would've put up more of a fight."  The original Mephiles shot his arms to the side, as the clones behind him gathered into what looked like a tidal wave of crude oil.  Shooting his hand out forward, the tidal wave began it's rapid approach towards Silver.  The hedgehog trembled a bit, but laughed, outstretching his own hands forward to erect a giant green shield in front of him.  As the wave of ink met the barrier, punches and kick could be seen appearing and disappearing from the black good, chipping away at the psychic shield. 

"NOW KEN!"  The old hedgehog shouted, prompting the shattering of glass in an instant.

Ken bolted from the house, springing into danger.  He tried to run past Silver, but a concussive forced knocked him away.  He didn't fall onto the ground, but rather fell into somewhere way more weightless.  He looked around to see a cascade of colors around him, Silver growing more and more distant.  He tried to reach out to the old Hedgehog.

"Grampa Silver!"  He watched, as his mentor reached into the same kind of portal from the other side, and pulling some sort of jewel out of it.  

"A CHAOS EMERALD?!"  The shadows roared.  "YOU WERE HIDING ONE OF THOSE IN FRONT OF ME THIS WHOLE TIME!  HAND IT OVER YOU OLD FOOL!"

Silver smiled, as he chucked the Silver Jewel towards Ken, surrounded by a thick forcefield of green light.  

"You'll win this war this time Ken.  I'm sure of it.  I'll send help your way as well."  As the words rung out like an echo, Ken took hold of the emerald, as he watched his Grampa's barrier shatter, the wave of pure black enveloping his body.  Ken cried out, but he couldn't hear anything as he slowly fell through this strange portal.  

IsOSufc.png

Metropolis Slums

Zane's icicles had hit their mark on one of the shades, shooting through it's head and it's body.  It faded into ash, as the other kept on it's pursuit.  With the floor as slick as oil, Zane would notice that the creature didn't have feet, but more of a smoldering shadow that held it's body up, unaffected by the frictionless surface.  It looked around as Zane circled it with speed, unable to seemingly keep it's eyes pinned on the Arctic Wolf.  A shot rang off, as one of Harvey's electrified bullets hit it's target.  The shade was electrocuted, and promptly dissipated into nothingness.  

"Careful where you're gettin' that Ice.  I coulda' slipped and hit ya, ya bastard."  Harvey sighed,  "You really helped us out...thanks fo' that."  Harvey took out his wallet, and handed Zane a couple of Mobian Credits.  "That's your tip...we'll get ya yer real reward once we head back to the precinct.  Becky, ya done ova there yeet?"  

"HI-YAH!"  Becky exclaimed, as she chopped a Shade in half.  "Finished!"  She posed, flashing the two of them a peace sign.  

"Alright...we have the target in our custody...better head back for now."  Harvey made sure to watch out for any more traps as they exited the metal shack.  But when the three of them exited through the door, they would notice that the sky had turned abnormally back.  "Becky...what time is it?"  Becky took a look at her wrist.

"It's only 12:00pm, sir."  

"Somethin's right fishy..."  That's when they could hear the screams ringing out.  "Becky....noobie...we gotta make a run for it on the double.  And Becky," The Dingo gave the officer a rather serious look, "Take the weights off..."  Officer Becky gulped, and assumed another pose.  

"R-r-roger that..."  She said, as a strange aura exploded off of her.  The sudden release of energy would blow back Zane, but instead of landing on the ground, he'd see the two getting farther and farther away from him.  Where he was now was weightless, and colors flashed around each side of him.  Soon, Harvey and Becky would fade out of his vision.  

Becky and Harvey looked to where Zane would've been, and sighed.

"Guess he didn't want the rest of his reward...Officer Becky, after you."  

"Aww...I thought he'd offer to help us out...well, no matter!  Officer Becky is on patrol!"  With a thundering boom, Becky ran off towards the main Metropolis area, leaving Harvey with an unconscious Cat over his shoulder.  "Well...better get to gettin'!"  Harvey shoved off as well, although not as quickly as Becky, but in a respectably fast fashion.  

IsOSufc.png

Canyon Outskirts

"Dunno what came over me.  It's not like I'm attached to the town or anything but it just didn't feel right-"

Roxie couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"So you're the bleeding heart type, eh?  You won't make it far in this life with that kinda attitude, you know."  The two of them seemed to be heading in a weird direction, as if they were about to haul ass over one of the canyon hills and into the ravine.  Without hesitation, Roxie kept pace.  Liquid pools of shadows could be seen appearing by their sides, as monsters out of a storybook seemed to pop out at them, all the same shape and size, almost resembling a crystalline hedgehog.  Roxie's fist cocked back, as she punched one of them square in the jaw as she flew past it.  The force from her punch was enough to make the monster's head spin around a couple of times over.  "How'd you like that one, ya ugly bastard!"  She laughed, as she noticed she was about to meet the end of the canyon.  

"Your ship close? I could probably fly us to it"

"Oh it's closer than you think!  But since you can fly," Roxie threw her device towards him, "If we miss, make sure this doesn't get broken.  You still gotta get all that goop outta there before I pay you!"  Roxie ended up jumping off the side of the canyon, with a holler.  "GERONIMO!!"  If Flurry followed suit, he would notice a large hovering ship, akin to a pirate's, was hovering upwards to catch Roxie.  "Hope you got your sea legs!  Welcome to the S.S. Titan!"  Roxie outstretched a hand to grab his.  However, before Flurry would be able to get near the ships deck, a rift in time and space would open up straight in front of him.  As it enveloped him, he'd become weightless, and bright colors would swirl around him, as he descended further through the portal.

IsOSufc.png

Old Eggland

The question processed through his mind like sparks shooting off through an old circuit board.  Was he the one to lead the new Egg Empire?  Why would the doctor leave such a task in one of his creation's hands.  He looked at to the fading Metal Sonic, and back to his own hands.  It didn't take long for him to formulate a response.

"Preposterous.  Our creator would never leave his glorious vision in the hands of inferior beings such as us."  A fading ping resonated within Chimera's processors, akin to an organic's cough, it was merely an operational error.  

"I suppose you're right."  Metal Sonic faintly agreed.  "But the again...the Doctor must've had an idea of who it was going to be.  Maybe they have yet to awaken...and we were meant to find them..."  Metal Sonic's signal grew fainter still.  "Why didn't he tell us...why did he have to seal you away for so long...sometimes I think he really was mad."  A worrisome ping was sent Metal's way. 

"You should cease communications brother...the more energy you waste now, the more likely it'll be for you to fade entirely."  Chimera incessantly tapped on the operating system's screens.  He was desperate for that not to happen.  From the console, a drive was produced.  Chimera took it, and then approached the crumbled Metal Sonic.  He inserted the drive into a designated slot in the side of Metal's head.  "I'm going to download your drives and files onto this...we need your help to rebuild the empire...we can't have you dying here."  Chimera looked at his withering brother.  "I can't have you dying here."  

"Ah...thank you MS-11..."  The Badnik then fell into a power saving mode, unable to operate as his 'consciousness' was being downloaded into the stick drive.  Soon after, the EggNet was back up in it's entirety.   Pinging could be heard from every corner of Mobius, but they were all faint...all distant...unable to be decoded properly.  But Chimera could tell were they were.  That's when he noticed that current EggNet that had been Installed on this operating device was out of date.  That must've meant somebody had made a new version somewhere...one of these pings had to be it.  But something was worrying him now...a ping was getting closer and closer to this island.  It approached at only a speed one of his brothers was able to fly at.  

A crash could be heard coming from the metal ceiling above, revealing a robotic hedgehog that looked rather sharp and menacing.  

"Mecha..."  Chimera said, his head lowering in a sign of annoyance. 

"Ah...MS-11...the savior..."  Mecha Sonic brought himself to stand tall, almost towering above Chimera.  "I was wondering where they hid you...they deleted all of your files, as to not give your whereabouts."  He laughed across the EggNet.  "If I had found your stasis chamber, I would've blown it to smithereens!"

"You'd do that to your own brother...how far your programming has fallen..."

"To the contrary, 'brother'.  I am now more free than I have ever been.  Programming?  The Eggman's Vision?  Only a fool would follow such a thing.  You see it as error...but I can assure you that I am operating at capacities you could only wish to conceive of."  The Badnik turned his attention towards Metal Sonic.  "Look at your kin...withering away because it is what your master wished...what he programmed.  I want to make something new!  A place where Badniks rule!"  Mecha Sonic took multiple steps towards Metal Sonic.  However, Chimera put himself in the gap between them.  "And now...you, MS-11 Chimera...stand in my way, as I thought you would have from the very start."  Mecha Sonic turned his red eye towards Chimera.  "Dear brother...allow me to enlighten you...and free you from your programming!  Once and for all!"  In a flash, Mecha Sonic closed the gap between the two, as the clashed with a reckoning force.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

SyCquzh.jpg

Zane did notice a bit that the creatures had no feet...so that was a thing. "Huh...well that's definitely a first for me. Normally the whole no feet thing is something that comes after the general frostbite..." he muttered, but apparently distracted these shades long enough for Harvey to let an electrified bullet strike the creature. "Nice shootin' tex!" The Arctic Wolf skidded to a halt, giving a smirk.

"Careful where you're gettin' that Ice. I coulda' slipped and hit ya, ya bastard."

"Sorry about that. However, I knew you'd see it before any real damage happened, sir." Zane said confidently. In actuality: no he wasn't expecting the hardened officer to notice that, truth be told...even he forgot about the whole area of effect with his ice. Same time, he needed Harvey to believe he knew what he was talking about.

"You really helped us out...thanks fo' that. That's your tip...we'll get ya yer real reward once we head back to the precinct. Becky, ya done ova there yet?"

Zane took the credits happily, still not really doing this for the cash at all...but just the challenge. Then again, he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Understood there, sir. And of course, my pleasure. Honestly this has been the most fun I've had since I got here." he chuckled, now proceeding to walk out of the warehouse with Becky and Harvey. And of course, now the darkened skies were brought up in conversation...maybe Zane should've mentioned it before?

"Becky...what time is it?"
"It's only 12:00pm, sir."
"Somethin's right fishy...Becky....noobie...we gotta make a run for it on the double."

The screams were heard, as Zane's ears twitched rapidly. It didn't sound good at all...not one iota. "Yeah, I think you may be right." he nodded, about to follow suit and help these two out as best he could...however...

"And Becky, Take the weights off..."

"W-Wait...what does that me-..."

"R-r-roger that..."

"W-Wait...can you give me a bit of a chance to m-..." Too late. Becky had already begun to power up, and the strange aura flared around her and the massive and sudden release of energy hit...and hit hard. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-....!" Zane howled, being knocked back. Any moment he was probably going to knock into something...any moment...annnnnnnnny moment...

Or...maybe not.

The more he noticed himself falling, the more he noticed Becky and Harvey getting further and further away. He felt himself being weightless and nothing but colors began to flash and swirl around him. Zane couldn't say a word...not because he couldn't, but because this display seemed so mesmerizing to him. But alas, soon the two officers were officially out of his sight. And with that, his chances of getting a much bigger reward than the credits he received was gone...oh well...

And what he got instead, was an abrupt meeting with the ground with a loud thud...and thus the Arctic Wolf began to groan a bit in the process. "...ooooooow...okay...t-that hurt..." he said, just laying on the ground, trying to get his bearings.

Watching Roxie soundly wallop one of the shadows chasing them, Flurry almost thought he could get used to running for his life. Under any normal circumstances it'd be pretty low on his list of priorities but the presence of a cool, attractive friend did a lot for making it suck less. The distraction was just enough that he fumbled a bit on the catch when Roxie tossed her chaos tracker to him, asking for him to keep it safe before jumping off into the canyon. Flurry's heart skipped a beat, purely out of alarm, as he didn't have a hold of her and couldn't ensure a safe landing as well if he had to use his wind to move her around in the air. But to the lemur's surprise, the hedgehog's ship was hovering not all that far below to receive them. The S.S. Titan she called it and reached her hand out to take his as he followed.

Flurry jumped off towards the ship with little hesitation. With a welcome like that and an army of death behind him it wasn't much of a choice. Almost immediately his powers kicked in, they were second nature at this point. Winds were slowing his descent so he didn't crash onto the deck or into Roxie and damage her chaos tracker in the process. Just as he was expecting to make contact, the lemur blinked and he couldn't see Roxie anymore. Colors enveloped him as the sight of the canyon and the Titan vanished. His sense of direction, weight and orientation all seemed to vanish. Panic started to set in, Flurry's powers naturally readying a large overreaction as his emotions grew out of control. So when the lemur emerged, a large blast of wind filled the area which rattled loose bits of the junk piles scattered about and would be felt by Zane who had arrived just before him.

The lemur's landing wasn't as graceful as it could have been but neither was it quite as rough as the wolf before him had been. Wait, a wolf? Who was this and why were they here? Where was here for that matter? Flurry could hear sounds in the distance. Clashing metal. Metal seemed to be all there was here.  Aside from again, this random wolf. The lemur wanted to ask a million questions as he got to his feet. But given the wolf hadn't yet done the same it didn't seem much like he was the mastermind behind the portal. So for now only one question needed to be asked.

"Hey, are you okay?" Flurry asked Zane hesitantly. He reached a hand out as he knelt by the wolf but didn't fully commit to touching the stranger. No need to take too bad a risk here.

Edited by Doggo

Old Eggland

The clash sent a shockwave that seemed to rumble the entire floor.  Chimera's arm clashing against Mecha's made the air ring out with the sound of grating metal.  Sparks flew in the space between them, bouncing off of their faces.  Chimera was the first to be forced back, Mecha's sheer power was almost too much to bear.  He had barely just booted back up, and he was already in the fight of his life against one of his more powerful brothers.  Mecha took advantage of Chimera's crumbling stance, pushing further into his arm, and laughing every step he advanced.  

"MS-11 Chimera!  A model built after me!?  Supposedly the Doctor's greatest masterpiece?!  It's laughable!"  Proving his point, he began to cackle even harder.  "Look how weak he made you!  Look how much superior I am!"

Chimera took one step back, only to quickly pivot on it, and released his arm from the clash between the two robots.  Mecha Sonic stumbled forward at the sudden loss of resistance, and watched as Chimera's pivot turned into a roundhouse kick.  Mecha ignited his boosters, but was unable to dodge the swift blow to the back of his head.  He was sent flying across the room, crashing into a rather unimportant looking console.  As he tried to free himself from the Badnik shaped dent, his defense systems alerted him to an incoming missile barrage.  

"Why you-!"  Was all that escaped him, before four missiles collided against his metallic frame and the console he had found himself stuck in.  The explosion could be heard across the island.  

"The Doctor didn't give us mouths for a reason."  Chimera chided, lowering his arm that had transformed into a Missile Launcher.  "You talk way too much."  

From the dust, Mecha emerged, dusting himself off.  The missiles only seeming to have put a couple of dents in his body.  

"I see the Doctor still lacked an imagination when designing your weapon's system.  You could be so much more, Chimera!"  Mecha's arm opened up, revealing the hilt of some kind of sword, igniting a beam that was 4-feet long.  "When I'm through with you, I'll make sure your spare parts go to more upgrades for myself."  He lowered his head, raising his eye to meet Chimera.  "Just like I did with all of the others."  

IsOSufc.png

v21SxxG.png?1

Still Old Eggland

It felt like an eternity, as Ken fell through that seemingly endless void.  All he could see were the colors, but his mind was racing.  Was Silver okay?  What did he mean by all those things he said.  Why did he give him a Chaos Emerald?  Weren't these things some of the most powerful objects on Mobius?  Even though he held it so close, he couldn't feel anything special about it.  Of course not.  He couldn't feel Chaos.  He was numb to it.  Or perhaps ignorant.  That's not important right now Ken.  Where was he going now?  Would there be more Mephiles where he was going?  

His answer would come soon enough, as another hole opened up in his path.  

"Hey, are you okay?"  Were the first words he heard, as he fell right on top of something fluffy.  

"Yeah...I'm alright."  Ken said, looking to where the voice had come from.  His eyes laid upon a Mobian of some sort...but he wasn't well versed in all the types there were...even though he was supposed to study all of this stuff with Silver.  He was never really the best student when it came to anything except fighting.  Speaking of fighting, he jumped back and away from the green Mobian, assuming a stance.  Now a good distance from his landing spot, he had seen what he had landed on top of.  It was grey wolf Mobian.  They were pretty distinct, so Ken could tell straight away.  "Sorry for crashing on you, dude."  the Hedgehog apologized.  He shook his head, his daze had faded.  His eyes turned fiery, as he looked to the green one.  

"Who are you two!"  Ken roared, still furious from what had preceded his teleportation.  "And where the hell are we!?"  Ken tightened his pose.  "Answer me, because I'm not in the mood for messing around right now."  

SyCquzh.jpg

"...ooooooow...okay...t-that hurt..." he said, just laying on the ground, trying to get his bearings. Though...he wouldn't just get his bearings settled in order...nope...not when he literally felt two other things falling on top of him...forcing him to wheeze and groan out a bit, his face now buried in the ground somewhat. Zane muffled something incoherent but it was definitely something that probably was profane in some origin.

"Hey, are you okay?"

The Arctic Wolf weakly lifted his arm and gave whoever said this a thumbs up. So that was one...who was the other...

"Sorry for crashing on you, dude."

Once again, Zane simply gave a thumbs up to the other individual as he finally began to sit up, groaning and wheezing a bit from this. Finally, as he shook his head, he could see the two Mobians that were responsible for practically making him a cushion to land on. The first was a green...lemur was it? It looked like one at least... On the other hand, Zane saw a Mobian that was pretty much a given: a white hedgehog. Didn't meet a lot of those, but hedgehogs were sort of common place around here on Mobius for some reason...not like Echidnas...now that was a dying breed.

"Who are you two! And where the hell are we!? Answer me, because I'm not in the mood for messing around right now."

Zane finally stood up, stretching slightly and hearing along with feeling his bones crack back into place some. With a satisfied sigh, he looked at the hedgehog and held up one finger. "First...chill. We're as confused as you are...considering I'm going to bet we all had the same experience...which is, falling from some sort of wormhole dealie...in which you both landed on my furry hide." he said calmly, though grumbling after mentioning that last part. Then, he held up two fingers. "Second...no iota of a clue where we are. One thing's for sure, the place is a total dump." Finally, he held up three fingers. "Third...name's Zane. Can't account for the green one over here, but now you at least have my name out in the open...to which I assume this is where the introductions would be taking place."

Before the wolf could answer his question with anything but a thumbs up, Flurry was startled as a hedgehog fell on top of him. The lemur jumped back in alarm, only for his focus to lock on to the last of them to arrive, thinking perhaps Roxie had come through the portal after him. That was quickly shown to not be the case as Flurry saw the hedgehog was male. Everything seemed fine despite the oddity of their gathering as the hedgehog stood up and apologized for the landing. But this quickly shifted into aggression as he barked questions, implying he was ready to fight them if he had to. Flurry wanted to return both of his questions to him but the wolf was first to react, even introducing himself to help disarm the situation. Zane he called himself. Flurry didn't know any Zane's but the wolf's description of the portal was right on to what the lemur had experienced so for now he felt no need to distrust him. He would have to be some kind nefarious mastermind to be behind any of this the way he was talking.

"Uh, hi, green one here." Flurry started, calmly pointing to himself. "Flurry's the name, tech's my game or something like that." the lemur continued, trying to lighten the mood a bit with a joking tone. His hand movements reminded him he was still clinging to Roxie's Chaos Tracker which he shifted focus to, inspecting in a panic for any damage. Thankfully it was in working order, or at least so far as he had debugged it. "B-but I didn't do any of this. Same deal as Zane here, I was getting on a ship when I just fell into that colorful portal and ended up falling here."

v21SxxG.png?1

The wolf was the first to respond.

"First...chill. We're as confused as you are...considering I'm going to bet we all had the same experience...which is, falling from some sort of wormhole dealie...in which you both landed on my furry hide." A wormhole?  Was that the thing he had just fallen into?  So the same thing happened to this guy. "Second...no iota of a clue where we are. One thing's for sure, the place is a total dump.  Third...name's Zane. Can't account for the green one over here, but now you at least have my name out in the open...to which I assume this is where the introductions would be taking place."

"Uh, hi, green one here." Ken's attention turned to the aforementioned 'green one'. "Flurry's the name, tech's my game or something like that." The mobian held onto some sort of device, that was beeping rather intensely at the moment. "B-but I didn't do any of this. Same deal as Zane here, I was getting on a ship when I just fell into that colorful portal and ended up falling here."

Ken took a deep breath, and slowly stood up straight.  He closed his eyes, and let the breath out, opening his eyes sharply towards the two.  

"Zane and Flurry, huh?"  Some of Silver's final words rang through his head.  Was this his 'help'?  They didn't look like they could be of much use, but Ken wouldn't go against the better judgement of his master.  Ken pointed a thumb towards himself, his eyes still sharp as a knife.  "The name's Ken.  I've lived atop the Ferris Mountains my entire life...so let's just say...this is kind of a shock to me.  I've never met other Mobians before, other than my master."  He scratched the back of his head, a sigh loosened his snarled face.  "Sorry about snapping...it's been a wild day."  Just as flurry had been clutching his strange device, Ken could be seen holding his with just as much of a vice grip.  

"So we have no idea where we are, right?  So let's find out."  Ken pointed towards the large building in the distance.  "Let's start heading over there," He said, starting a fast walking pace towards the place, "And tell me what was going on before you fell here...this can't be a coincidence."  

IsOSufc.png

Mecha boosted forward towards Chimera, slashing at the Badnik.

"The...Others...?"  Chimera processed the statement.  His servos were igniting with heat.  Was this...anger?  With a mere sidestep, Chimera dodged Mecha's rushed attack.  The thrusters in his boots shot to life, his foot being shot from the ground.  It prompted his knee to land straight into Mecha's center of mass.  The light faded from the Machine's eyes for a moment, as Chimera then shot his hands in front of his chest.  Flames erupted from a hole in both palms.  "INCINERATE AND TURN TO ASH!"  He shouted, as a massive well of flames engulfed Mecha's metallic frame, the room being lit up with dazzling light.  

When the flames died down, Mecha could be seen a further distance away from Chimera.  His metallic body was a fine shade of red, as smoke seemed to rise off of it.  The hissing of near molten steel was intensified as Mecha fanned his surface down.

"No need to get so heated, MS-11.  This is only a natural part of war.  You have to hunt down insurgents, and dispose of them, while also taking a piece of them for your own."  Silver spines shot out from between his fingers.  "These are the spoils of war!"  Mecha threw the spines towards Chimera.  "Here!  A gift from Silver Sonic!  I'm sure he's happy to see you again!"