Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hyde

Sonic the Hedgehog - 1,000,000 Degree War (IC/PG-13/Limited Acceptance)

After a loud crashing or splashing noise, Flurry eventually found himself on what he assumed was the floor of the room he'd been occupying under several stray objects. Sitting up he realized his idea of keep himself centered in the room with his wind had failed somewhere along the way. Where the lemur could never hope to say. What mattered was he intact and seemed to not have a concussion or broken bones. From the intercom he soon found Chimera still was as well but as a robot that seemed like the given shy of the ship exploding. He could only hope the others were okay but Ken seemed more durable than most and Zane might have just frozen himself in place to ride the crash out. In any case it was best to proceed as if everyone had survived and do his part to help the journey continue.

"An airship and a submarine huh?" Flurry muttered as he stood and looked for the access panel the robot had asserted would likely be in the room. "Sure sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen even if Zane can get us patched up." the lemur continued speaking to himself to keep himself grounded for the task at hand. The panel was indeed in the room and it wasn't long before Flurry was presented with wall after wall of code written in the same style of what he'd seen in Chimera's code. That was to say, he understood maybe half of what he was seeing and even that foundation was guess work that had managed to get Chimera up and running again. The functions being called here were thankfully less complicated all said, perhaps because they weren't trying to create an AI, but they were nonetheless full of vocab and ideas not present in the robot.

"Nothing to do for it but to get going." Flurry concluded with a groan as he began attempting to run simple diagnostics to get a feel for the ship's coding.

v21SxxG.png?1

"Take your time, Chimera.  I'll have your answer sooner or later!"  Ken smiled, and folded his arms.  A sudden noise then perked his ears, as he noticed his Metallic cohort wary of it as well.  It was an obvious 'thunk' against the metal bridge of the ship.  "That came from outside..."  Ken said quietly, making his way over to the window that looked out over the topside of their cruiser.  Chimera joined him as well, as the two looked down to see a single robot, glaring back up at them.  "Is that...some sort of cousin of yours?"  Ken looked over to the Badnik with a raised eyebrow.

"Negative...memory banks show no records of kin that look like this.  This is technology separate from the good doctor."  His voice modulation lowered.  "Inferior."  Chimera then unlatched the window, and slid it to the side, jumping from the captain's deck all the way down to the bridge, denting it when he did so.  Ken looked onward.  He didn't want to instigate anything, but he'd definitely back up his crewmate.   He watched on, as the two robots had quite the intense stare down with each other.  

"This is gonna go swell!  I just know it!"  Ken sarcastically spouted, poking his nose upwards and to the sky.

IsOSufc.png

Lower Decks

*Glub Glub*

Without Zane noticing, something had risen from the water that had already made it's way into the ship.  It was alien in appearance, and looked at the wolf with a tilted head.  Without a word, it's liquid like arm shot out at Zane, like some sort of tentacle.  

IsOSufc.png

Flurry's Quarters

As flurry began to run his diagnostics, a message would soon pop up.  It was an aggressive warning, popping up with large text and even a comically Eggman themed skull and crossbones, implying that there was a direct attack on the computing operations on the ship.  A virus had begun to navigate it's way through the code.

Edited by Mr. Hyde

SyCquzh.jpg

Zane had to stop in his tracks as his ears twitched slightly. What was that he just heard behind him? It almost sounded like…

*Glub Glub*

“...that’s what I was hoping I didn’t just hear.” Zane muttered, slowly turning on his heel to look in the direction of the water that had accumulated on the ground of the lower decks. In a moment of impossibility, the arctic wolf noticed the water rising…and took on an appearance and formed.

It wasn’t Mobian by any stretch of the imagination…or…at least any Mobian he ever saw. The form honestly looked foreign…alien like if anything. Was it actually an alien? He really hoped it wasn’t. Regardless, it seemed to look at Zane with a slight head tilt, with not a word.

“Uh…hi…?” Zane slowly lifted a hand to wave.

BGM

He wasn’t sure if that was the moment it took notice and decided he was a threat or what, but after Zane did that, the creature’s liquid-like arm shot out towards his direction like that of a tentacle.

“WHOA!!” the arctic wolf recoiled at seeing this, immediately backing up a bit. “Hey, listen, I dunno who or what you are, but at least let’s get to know each other before you try and attack me like this!” Zane readied about two icicles in his hand, preparing to defend himself. Same time, he figured he needed to let the others know about this situation. In a quick moment, he threw the two icicles at the watery creature before making a mad dash in the direction he arrived from, hoping he could find a control panel with a function for him to talk to the others. These ships had those intercom things around all over, right…?

The creature looked at Zane, almost confused, as the icicles flew straight through his liquid body.  It paused for a moment, before its entire body morphed in one fluid movement to face Zane once again.  This time, both of its arms shot out, trying to grab hold of the Arctic Wolf.

"Guntiver's furry hide!!!" Zane shouted, almost sorry he used his ancestors name in vain there, as the creature materialized in front of him, attempting to grab him. "Look, again...you seem like a real great dude...but what your giving me is a chilly reception! I think you need to cool down a bit!" The air around Zane began to lower in temperature as he attempted to freeze the creature in its place.

In the meantime...with him not being able to get to any area with a intercom... "HEY!!! GOT A SITUATION HERE!!! S.O.S! SOMETHING!!!" he shouted as loud as he could.

v21SxxG.png?1

The two Robots stared each other down for quite some time, neither making a single move.  The first to speak was obviously Chimera.

"You dare step foot on one of the mightiest ships of the Egg Fleet, a creation of the great Doctor Ivo Robotnik, uninvited."  Chimera glare became more intense.  "I implore you assess your situation more thoroughly before revealing your intentions...lest I rip you limb from limb and stain this ship's deck with your oil."  Ken recoiled at the harsh fighting words from his metallic cohort.  However, even though his words were chilling, the robot across from Chimera was anything but in a panic.  He must have had nerves of steel! 

"Heh..."  A slight noise slipped from the small Robot.  "Hahahaha!  Dude, you really need to relax those servos!  No need to be so tense!"  The robot placed his hands and weapon upon his hip.  "You're the intruders here after all, treading upon the sacred waters of Cha'Aqua, you know?"

"Cha'Aqua?"  Ken's mind rang blank for the word, although he could've sworn he heard it before in one of Silver's lessons.  He should've paid attention more to Mobian history.

"I have no data of this 'Cha'Aqua' that you speak of."  Chimera returned.  "Not that I care that I happen to be sailing above it."

"Security's tight right now."  The aquamarine automaton replied.  "Sorry, but I can't have you sailing around here."

"WHY!?"  Ken yelled from the cabin window.  The robot turned it's head to the Hedgehog, pointing to him.

"That's on a need to know basis.  And you don't need to know!"  It crossed his arms and tapped it's foot.  "Sorry y'all, but I'm gonna have to ask you guys to turn around and sail to where you came from."  The robot shrugged.  "If you don't, I'll sadly have to sink this ship."

Chimera's eyes sharpened.

"A threat...against the Egg Piercer..."  Chimera's turbines started whirling.  "Cha'Aqua be damned...You will sink first."  

"Oh boy..."  Ken shook his head.

With a sonic boom, Chimera jetted towards the smaller robot, he seemed taken aback by the sudden turn to violence.

"YIKES!"  It perked up, using his fin like weapon to block Chimera's telegraphed punch.  The sound of metal clanged all throughout the ship.

IsOSufc.png

Lower Decks

As the temperature began to drop in the lower decks, the amorphous blob of an opponent that Zane faced had begun to move quite a bit slower.  Parts and pieces of the creature began to crystallize, and chip away.  It looked confused as it began to solidify, turning it's head swiftly towards Zane.  Quickly, but quite slower than before, it shot it's arms towards Zane once again.  

His pleas for help would not be heard, but he would still hear the sounds of solid impacts ringing throughout the cabin.

IsOSufc.png

Flurry's Quarters

With Flurry asleep at the wheel, all systems of the Egg Piercer would start to fail, one after the other.  The most important of them being shut down were the life support systems connected to the submarine mode of the ship.  

SyCquzh.jpg

"HEY!!! GOT A SITUATION HERE!!! S.O.S! SOMETHING!!!"

Try as he might, Zane couldn’t get a response from this. He might’ve been too far down for them to hear…or maybe they were also being ambushed on their ends? The latter thought may have actually proved to be true, as the wolf’s ears began to twitch slightly as he heard from above the sounds of solid impacts heard from the cabin.

“...joy…means we ARE being ambushed from all sides!” Zane groaned, glancing back in the direction of the strange liquid creature. The blob seemed to be moving slower and slower, which was a definite good thing. Zane exhaled slowly, his breath being seen as he did his best to keep the temperature as cold as possible.

BGM

The creature immediately shot its arms out at him once more, albeit slower than it did prior. “Nope! Not getting me again like that, bud!” Zane jumped back, grabbing a hold of the railing above him, flipping himself up onto the next level. Now he had the high ground in this scenario. “Again, sorry…seem like a really n-’ice’ guy…a little on the silent side, but still. I can’t have you messing up my fur with those slimy hands of yours, ya know?” he huffed, giving the creature the two finger salute before running off. He knew that the moment he started leaving, the air temperature would return to normal…but all he needed right now was a head start.

The creature slowly turned his head up towards the Arctic Wolf.  It's mouth, or seemingly lack thereof, began to bubble frantically.  As it was able to move freely as the Wolf gained distance, it shot its arms towards the same railings that Zane had used prior.  Slingshoting itself upwards, it gave chase, slinging it's arms through the halls as it tried to gain distance in its pursuit.

"Doesn't this thing ever quit!" Zane heard the wet splat of it's arms slinging through the halls. The arctic wolf did his absolute best to duck and weave through the corridors, trying to find his escape route, though the wet, squishy sounds behind him were hard to ignore. "Damnit, damnit, damnit...!!" he fired off a few icicles at the creature, making sure not to accidentally hit any of the important machinery...Chimera would kill him if he did.

This chase seemed to go on for a good long time, with plenty of close calls as the creature kept slinging it's arms to attempt to grab the wolf's hide, but with no avail. Nevertheless, the arctic wolf really getting the work out at this moment. "It's…almost as bad…as the obstacle course Fenrir had set up with my dad's help…" he muttered with a shallow breath. "...then again…I never really did finish that obstacle course…only one who did was Fenrir." The sloshing and splats continued, much to Zane's dismay. And it was getting closer and closer. He did, however, see a glimmer of hope…there before him was the door to the upper levels of the ship. His chance to escape completely was there…here was hoping it would work. And he had the idea on how to make sure it would.

"Kill me later Chimera…but I gotta deal with a literal monster over here." Zane said, forming another icicle in his hand. "Desperate times, call for desperate measures!" The door opened as he approached it, and the moment it did, he stabbed the icicle into the control panel to make sure it slammed close behind him. Again, the sounds of splats and sloshing hit against the now closed door. He knew it wouldn't hold for very long, at least on its own. "Time for a bit of a freeze…stay clear of the door!" he started to form ice and have it completely encased and even blocked the door down to the lower levels of the ship. "That…that should hold it…" he huffed before turning tail and heading up the stairs. What was even happening today? Same time, he knew deep down: that wouldn't hold a creature made of liquid...that was almost impossible to do. But he hoped it would hold long enough.