With the elemental destroyed, and its remains, along with the remains of the sharks, mysteriously vanished the parking lot settled into peace and quiet.

Many of the civilians had been led away but, after a brief silence, those close enough to see that the battle was over let out a cheer. Some of them started to return. To get their vehicles or perhaps to continue shopping like good little consumers.

However a group of vehicles with sirens blaring came through the sky and settled around the parking lot. The men and women who got out of the vehicles were wearing dark purple uniforms and had some sort of glowing visor over their eyes. They announced themselves as police and said they had come, notably just as soon as the action ended, to secure the area and make sure everything was safe again.

They asked everyone but Salvo to vacate the premises. When Salvo told them who the group were they seemed to be more lenient. Though they didn't seem as at ease with them as Salvo.

They asked the group for a briefing of the situation but as soon as they got their information they once again asked them to leave. Noting they still needed the area empty for them to do their job, whatever that entailed, Salvo gave a shrug and led the others outside of the parking lot and onto the sidewalk.

Which was when she got a call. She told them after it had been from Mauvache.

"Good news! The boss took this time to set up a place for you all to stay. It's actually pretty close to my group's base of operations so guess this means you can count on big sis Salvo to help you get your bearings." she gave them a wink then looked over at the wreckage of the vehicle she had been using. "Let's go find us a bus mkay?"

--

One bus ride later and the group found themselves in front of a three story building not too far from the mall they had just left. It seemed on the outside to not be much different than the buildings nearby but as they walked up to it they felt a strange pressure that subsided after a few moments. "Welcome to the Guardian Dorms number uhh...Honestly I lost track of em, but this here is home sweet home!"

Upon entering they found themselves in a rather open hallway. The walls were painted an electric blue that, as they looked at them, would remind them of the color of Mauvache's eyes. There were various gemstones embedded in the walls here and there and Salvo told them not to worry about them. "Those things are called Aether Crystals. Apparently its what makes everything here run. Just don't mess with em too much and it all should run smoothly. Now...where did she leave....aha."

Salvo led them to a large opening in the wall to the left.

The room was rather big but oddly spartan in furnishing. As though it was meant to have much more in it normally. In the left corner on the wall opposite where they entered there was a large television with a long couch and a couple of armchairs in a roughly U shape in front of it. Beyond that the only other thing in the room was some sort of table with green felt on it which Salvo called a "Pool Table".

"Don't worry about there not being much. You all are free to add what you want as long as you can afford it...and on that note..."

She moved to a briefcase that was on the Pool Table and opened it up. Inside were, one for each of them, some sort of watch-like device with large screens on them. Which resembled the one that Salvo was wearing.

"These buggers are crazy useful." Salvo said. "You can make calls, find directions, and learn all sorts of things about the city. And your pay will be deposited into an account regularly you can access with this thing. I can't stay long but there's some instructions here if it's all over your head. Don't know what the tech level of your world was like so it might be a bit out there for some of you." she mentioned other worlds so casually that it was clear it was no longer, if it had ever been, a big deal to her.

"I'll write down my number so any of you need something give me a call. Especially if it's something fun."

She waved to them and left. Leaving the group to figure out this new, strange, location themselves.

As they all took the watches there would be something off about it. While there were just enough for each of them there also seemed to have been one more empty spot where a watch should have been.

Spoiler

Okay that was a lot um...well there's gonna be a lot here too.

Alright her we go. First, Yui's character is already in the dorm...somewhere, and they have their watch and all the instructions and such already.

Also for those who weren't in the combat but are coming back, which would be at most Roy, Masaru, and Cyan, basically what happened is...you don't know for sure. You know Mauvache took you aside for a "talk" but you cannot remember at all what it was and only that it did in fact happen. She then sent you here and you'd arrive around same time as the others.

You can feel free to have your characters be confused about all the tech and terms but more/less the watches are smartphones. As for the location you're in...here's a rough layout.

Map

it's all fairly self-explanatory but if you want details for your posts let me know. I suppose I'll probably write up a more detailed description for each room over time in the location doc.

Something important to note is that the rooms all have a panel where you can order things. As far as money goes basically you'll have a daily income that I'll be vague with. You can't go crazy with purchases and don't have to worry about food prices but feel free to gradually fill the rooms with whatever you wish.

The bedrooms are pretty small and only contain a bed and small closet but these can also expand in size and be furnished with basically whatever you want. (Again within reason for how long you're working for) I'm basically putting a lot of trust that you can figure out how far to go but if you're ever uncertain ask.

And lastly while the building is 3 stories the elevator and stairs skip over the third floor and go right to the roof.

morgan.png

All this adventuring and hunting, and still not a sign of him. Not for lack of trying, of course.

Morgan Underhill was a simple girl with simple goals. Find her master, the person responsible for her "birth," after he disappeared one day. As if he'd just up and vanished from the world of Lemuria entirely. But this wasn't Lemuria. This was some other world, called Prana. And frankly, being whisked away to another world to protect that one instead was just what Morgan needed, the more she thought about it! After all, if she couldn't find any leads on her world, perhaps some other world would help her move her investigation along? And she wasn't the only one, either! That's what she'd been told, anyway. Others had been picked up from many different worlds to come here and help defend from the thing or whatever. Admittedly, some of the smaller details had slipped her memory, but the general goal of "protect my world please" remained.

The others, of course, weren't here. Not yet. As she'd been told, they were out on some kind of mission. Just what had Morgan's last mission on Lemuria been, anyway? Something to do with pirates, if her memory served. There weren't any pirates in this building though. Just her. With this cool new watch that did lots of things. Figuring it all out didn't take too terribly long, but her orders were to wait here to meet up with the others. And frankly, here was a little boring all by herself. So she'd taken the initiative to do some other things that she noticed needed doing. The utility room needed a quick mopping. Some things were left out of their obvious places in the rec rooms. And perhaps most egregious of the offenses, the settings on all the electronic devices had been left on odd numbers that weren't multiples of five.

But that all was in the past. Morgan had taken care of everything by now, and had taken this time to go upstairs and relax in a nice new room. It wasn't the height of luxury, especially compared to some of the places she'd stayed in her adventures, but it was hers, and it would do. Then she saw them, out the window. A bunch of people, all arriving. Those must have been those other people that were supposed to help out around here! Morgan hopped up out of bed, and started down the stairs. She found the lot of them in the rec room just as some lady - must not have been one of them - was leaving.

"Hi  there.  Welcome  to  your  new  home."

Morgan looked the crew over, and gave them a friendly wave hello. Lotta different types here. Including... it couldn't be! Morgan's eyes snapped to the fish-looking boy of the lot. Yes, there was no doubt... this person was a Nen user! Approaching the group, though clearly more interested in the fish specifically, Morgan said "I'm  Morgan.  I  was  brought  here  to  help  protect  this  world,  so  that  means  we're  on  the  same  team.  I  am  also  a  certified  Hunter,  though  most  of  you  might  not  know  what  that  means."

The fact that so many people turned around despite her specifically requesting the opposite was a little worrisome to Melissa, though she supposed as long as they were still moving and still not panicking it wasn’t something she needed to think too hard about. The cheering was a different story, so dissonant was it from what the mood she expected that she had to recoil, at least a little bit, and by the time she decided to take a peek at just what all the excitement was about, people were already jostling past her back into the mall (which was just the worst feeling, it turned out, no matter what dimension you were in).

She couldn’t be too upset, of course. After all, they had won! All the sharks had been dispatched, the flame had been thoroughly put out, and, perhaps most importantly, they had done it without any deaths or even any serious injuries. It was in that realization where Melissa finally let all the tension, all the stress out, replaced by wave upon wave of relief. It was the second time in just a week -- well, a week relative to her, anyway -- where she experienced such a feeling, and Melissa hoped she wasn’t about to start taking it for granted.

They had won! She just needed to repeat that in her mind. The authorities only now scrambling to the scene weren’t there to assist anybody, they were ostensibly running cleanup, and she didn’t need to talk to them at all. She just returned to Salvo’s side and let her do the talking instead.

It turned out that Salvo had even more talking in the tank, not merely content justifying all the property damage, but also talking to some mysterious benefactor (Mauvache, obviously, though the idea that there might be more mysterious benefactors was a brief stressor for Melissa) over the phone, then gathering everyone together and leading them towards the nearest bus stop.

Melissa spent the entire bus ride coming down off her high, returning to her natural state. She found herself sitting next to Devin, and she kept wanting to ask them what exactly happened, why from their perspective they had sent her unconscious (or semiconscious or whatever) body flying into the air, probably to her death if Fen hadn’t acted first. She never really did, though at best opening her mouth like she was about to say something to them, letting out something vaguely equivalent to a squeak, and then, well, not saying anything.

Oh, and did she thank Fen before? She couldn’t remember. Probably, right? But it wasn’t the sort of “probably” where she felt comfortable letting it go. That occupied a large portion of her mind as well, and the two social disasters within the one social disaster were definitely enough to keep her busy until the bus pulled up in front of a building Salvo introduced as everyone’s new home.

When you enter a house, first say, “Peace to this house.”
-Luke 10:5 (NIV)

The place reminded Melissa a lot of her dorm back at Blue Yonder wherever that was now. Like, it had one more recreation room and two more combination kitchen and dining rooms, but it was basically the same besides that. The utility room probably didn’t even smell like cigarette smoke and tears yet, so really besides being literally worlds away from everyone she ever knew and loved, this was a strict upgrade.

Salvo’s final offering was a watch, one for everyone, which Melissa accepted graciously but still didn’t put on quite yet. She’d never been the watch-wearing sort of person, generally relying on her phone for whatever watch-related needs she might have had, and the few times she did try one of those newfangled smartwatches, she found herself way too aware of the extra accessory on her wrist. Still, if only to be kind, she started toying with the various bleeps and bloops of the thing. It was actually much more intensive than she was expecting -- Melissa didn’t even know what some of the settings even did.

“Hi  there.  Welcome  to  your  new  home.”

Melissa looked up and saw a new unfamiliar face where Salvo had just been. If she hadn’t just been surrounded by magicians and shapeshifters (not to mention the angels leaping out of her head at a moment’s notice), she probably would have been more shocked at the newcomer’s appearance, between the bloodshot eyes and the stitched-together skin, it still wasn’t something she was used to. As it stood, she just returned their wave and counted her lucky stars when they focused on someone who was not her. Aduain? Yeah, sure. “Excuse me,” Melissa said as she sidestepped her way away from the pack. “Sorry, um, I just- I need to use the restroom.

She did, like, actually have to go, that wasn’t just her gut doing its regular dance of pulling her away from other people (though the cosmic space wedgie and the fighting and even the bus ride hadn’t been great for that), and so she hurried off through the rec room to one of the first floor’s offerings.

The restrooms were certainly above-average, she found, with even more accoutrements than she would have expected given some of the spartan (though impressively clean) furnishings she noticed on her way in. They even had bidets, something Melissa had only ever heard of in hushed whispers and surreal internet advertisements.

After washing her hands, Melissa finally took the watch back out and slipped it over her wrist. It fit rather well, surprisingly, and when she brought her hand down out of her line of sight she almost even forgot she had it on. “Oh,” she said, feeling a little silly about the whole thing. It even looked alright next to her nun costume, which, in her experience, was not something a lot of accessories did.

She stepped back out into the main hallway, where much of the main group was still hanging around the entrance. She really wasn’t interested in rejoining them, but, at the same time, she did feel she had to say something. “I’ll- I’m going upstairs to pick out a room if anyone wants to come with.

Wait, why did she say that last bit?

Masaru blinked a few times. What had just happened? He was in the room with everyone else, watching the lady on the screen explaining how they had been brought to this world to fight on behalf of the citizens (which wasn’t that weird considering the things he had seen), and then. . . nothing. No, not nothing. He could remember that the lady in the hat had asked him and a few other people to stay behind to speak to her. “Right…?” he murmured. Everything was a bit of a blur for some reason, like he was suffering from a hangover, except he hadn’t a drop of alcohol as far as he was aware. He was almost sure he had been held back for some reason though. 

“Guess it really doesn’t matter,” Masaru said, staring up at the tall building he had informed was their dorm. “Can’t remember what ya can’t remember.” 

What he could remember was being shoved into a metal carriage called a taxi—which according to the man behind the wheel had the power of more than 300 horses, even though Masaru saw a grand total of zero horses—that had dropped him off in front of the very building he was now stood in front of. It looked nothing like any building he had ever seen before. Really, the entire city was a culture shock for the summoner, bedazzled with multi-colored glittering lights and an absolute ton of buildings of all shapes, sizes, and colors. The amount of magic required to build and maintain a place such as this must have been absolutely unbelievable, and even though the man had not sensed even a drop of mana on her during the conversation he could remember, it made wonder if Mauvache was some absurdly powerful magician hiding her abilities. 

His slack-jawed reflections on the city were interrupted by a giant metal tube pulling up behind him and hissing to a slow, lurching stop, after which it threw open two doors at the front and a familiar group of people poured out. “Oh! Hey guys,” he immediately greeted, waving at them. “I’m guessin’ I missed somethin’. You all look exhausted.” Actually only two of them looked all that exhausted, the girl in the dark robes and the shapeshifting person from before, but Masaru knew from experience that it sucked to be zeroed out in a group. 

"Well aren't you a cute bundle of sunshine,” an unfamiliar woman said, striding ahead to stand at the front of the crowd. She was dressed casually and had what Masaru assumed to be guns, which he had heard about in Magnolia but never actually seen himself, strapped to her back in a haphazard manner. "Between you and the miniature nun I see Mauvache wants to raise our ratings with the younger crowd." 

Masaru laughed her remark off, smiling. “I tend to get along pretty well with kids actually, how did ya know?” The lady reminded him of his sister Mena in some ways. He liked her already. 

She shrugged. "Guess that means I'm getting old. Well, come on, join the party."

“Will do ma’am!” Masaru said, falling in line at the back of the crowd as everyone filed into the building. The relatively small doorway fell away to reveal an absolutely massive hallway. Salvo (he had caught her name eavesdropping on some of the others) launched into an explanation on all of it that Masaru tried his best to pay attention to, but his mind naturally wandered from it despite his half-hearted effort to stay focused, drawn in by the crystals embedded inside the walls. Fledgling slimes grew into the various classifications of their gooey species based on the types of minerals they consumed, which was why new classifications were always popping up, and Masaru couldn’t help but be curious as to what sort of slime would grow from consuming a mineral so powerful that it made everything around him function. 

Masaru’s attention was finally recaptured when they entered the new room. “Huh?” He couldn’t tell what a single thing in the room was. A table with a green center and six holes in it, a big black reflective surface with two legs to prop it up that he could only assume to be a weird form of mirror, and what he believed were incredibly padded chairs. Each of these fascinated him so much that he wasn’t sure if he wanted to go poke the weird mirror, see what was inside of the holes on the green tables, and jump directly into the chairs and see if they were as bouncy as a Saddle Slime. 

His indecisiveness allowed Salvo to decide for him. She cracked open a black box and told them they were each supposed to take one. Masaru wasn’t sure why but he felt a force directing him to grab what appeared to be a black wristband at first glance. When he took it into his hand, he noticed a few things. One, it had a sliding rubber latch that he realized was used to secure it on his wrist in snug fashion, which he promptly did. The second thing was that there was a device on the top of it that was shaped somewhat like a fat teardrop, or possibly an onion, and in the center of the device was a square sheet of glass. The summoner had no idea what purpose the glass was meant to serve, but he knew the shape by heart; it was a fledgling slime! 

Masaru started to instinctively poke the device but he was interrupted by a newcomer. Actually, she was probably there before they were, but that seemed like it was just small potatoes when the summoner was ninety-percent sure said newcomer(?) was a zombie. Not that there was an issue with that considering one of his best friends was a minotaur and he knew a guy who was half-bear, but even he hadn’t actually met a real zombie in the (rotted) flesh before. 

“It’s good to meet you Morgan!” Masaru said with a warm smile. “You’re right that I don’t really know what a hunter is. Hopefully you can tell me about it sometime! I don’t know about anyone else but I have a lot to learn before I understand all the different powers and stuff at work here. I’ll start though.” He made sure to say the next part loud enough for most of the group to hear if they were listening. “My name’s Masaru. I’m a mage who specializes in Summon Magic. Basically I bring creatures around to distract my opponents and wear them down, if you want the short of it.” 

While talking he noticed that Melissa ducked out of the room to go use the restroom. He wasn’t a mind reader or anything, but he was beginning to realize that it was likely that some of them hailed from places where stuff like zombies were an impossibility, and she looked young to him. She was for sure younger than his sister Mena and Masaru still thought she was young. “Sorry to cut this short, Morgan, but I hope you enjoy meeting everyone else. We should talk again soon!” The older brother in him caused him to excuse himself from the conversation when he heard Melissa ask if anyone wanted to go with her to pick out rooms. 

“Mind if I come along?” he asked. “This whole place is a little much for me. This room alone is bigger than most houses where I’m from, and you look a little more familiar with all this, so I’d appreciate some help.” He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. “Hopefully it’s not too big an inconvenience.” 

Edited by Cheshire Toon
For sure did not forget how pool tables worked.

iyyzIuC.png

iU8EggM.png

Victory was theirs, as Trevor's rings ceased their glow and the Cabanomicon finally closed itself and returned to the sorcerer's side. A heavy exhale came from the young man, as he did his best to catch his breath. There was a difference he felt between being in the Ever and now being 100% alive again, something along the lines of the electromagnetic energy he had back then and now in the world of the living...perhaps there was a change in it? Whatever the reason, Trevor stood there with the others...being praised by those who remained, then immediately being told to leave the area by the police.

...futuristic cops...wonders will never cease. Trevor thought, giving the people the briefing of the situation and then being ushered off. Who was he to interfere in such a task.

"Good news! The boss took this time to set up a place for you all to stay. It's actually pretty close to my group's base of operations so guess this means you can count on big sis Salvo to help you get your bearings. Let's go find us a bus mkay?"

"At least we won't have to fend for ourselves on the streets...that's all that matters." Trevor commented, following the rest of the crew.

"Welcome to the Guardian Dorms number uhh...Honestly I lost track of em, but this here is home sweet home!"

The accommodations were quite frankly impressive to Trevor, as he took in his surroundings. It seemed like it truly had everything, or at least, it would have a lot later. Trevor figured that Salvo's little comment on being able to add more things to this place if they could afford it would indicate that they'd be able to add to it...possibly. Nevertheless, it was a homey abode that they were brought into.

"These buggers are crazy useful. You can make calls, find directions, and learn all sorts of things about the city. And your pay will be deposited into an account regularly you can access with this thing. I can't stay long but there's some instructions here if it's all over your head. Don't know what the tech level of your world was like so it might be a bit out there for some of you."

"Hmmm, not fond of it per-say, but if it's what needs to be used to make it around here, then I'll manage." Trevor said, putting the watch on. After all...I deal with magic, how hard could dealing with a bit of this tech in a watch be?

Salvo seemed to leave the room, but before much else could be done...a new challenger approached...

"Hi there. Welcome to your new home. I'm Morgan. I was brought here to help protect this world, so that means we're on the same team. I am also a certified Hunter, though most of you might not know what that means."

A four fingers zombie was all Trevor could notice at first. This truly surprised him somewhat. Hmm...interesting...something this complex shouldn't be possible at least with necromancy...but then again, the types of magic between my side of the universe and theirs could be quite different... he thought, also puzzled at the fact of her hands only having four fingers. Then again, he also didn't care...he wasn't about to ask her such a strange que-...

"Excuse me, madame, but I must inquire...why do your hands only have four fingers on them?"

Trevor stood there, slack-jawed at what he was witnessing. The entire time he was standing there contemplating this, the Cabanomicon moved from his side, opened up it's pages and asked Morgan the question in writing. After a moment, his palm met his face as he grumbled a bit. "...it's rude to ask stuff like that!!" Trevor raised his voice, taking the chain and yanking it back his direction. "My apologies. My grimoire can have a bit of a mind of it's own. That said, it's nice to meet you, Morgan. Trevor Masters, sorcerer apprentice of Balthazar Blake, sorcerer of the 777th degree. A pleasure to meet you."

The young fish hunter seemed satisfied with his work after shattering the arm he had pinned. Granted there was a general sense of confusion as what remnants of the skeleton remained and the corpses of the slain sharks all disappeared in front of everyone. Aduain was left staring around somewhat blankly before his focus shifted back to the others that had been brought here with him. The boy was generous with compliments for both ice users and asked a million questions about how they did it and if they could teach him. But eventually this was cut off by the police arriving on the scene. The law enforcement seemed suspicious of the group, Aduain in particular received a few longer stares no doubt from the reports of fish attacking, until Salvo spoke on their behalf.

The hunter was all too happy to try and relay what information he could as the various combatants were questioned. He told his stories with an energy and sense of exaggeration that ultimately proved unhelpful to the law enforcement and they quickly moved on and invited him to leave. Salvo got everyone's attention that they would have a place to stay while they were here which Aduain ultimately decided was probably helpful enough to be worth checking out. He had just planned to find any body of water he was nearby at night and crash there but maybe that wasn rude in Prana culture. For that matter the boy ran off to find his gifted tie and hat he had set down before getting into the fight. It took a few minutes and he nearly missed the bus for it but the young hunter found his gifts and ran off to meet up with the others.

There as a lot more talking as they arrived to the building they were to be living in. Aduain's curiosity focused in on the devices he was to wear about his wrist. Caught up in a stream of excitement the fish tapped randomly at the device while cycling through a number of different functions. All the while he hopped in place about the room until an incredibly familiar sense took hold. Looking up to see a girl that looked like she was a couple different people sown together the hunter felt not a vague approximation but the genuine article. This girl was a nen user! And a hunter at that!

"You're a hunter?!" Aduain exclaimed while rushing through the room to stand not but a few inches away from Morgan. "I'm Aduain, I'm a hunter too! But I don't remember you at my exam so we musta passed different years. You really do have nen though I almost thought I'd never sense it on anyone else again." the boy continued as he looked around the zombie girl on either side as if making sure she wasn't an illusion. His own excitement seemed to have the boy blind to immediately pressing on the oddities of her appearence unlike a certain book in the room.

morgan.png

“It’s good to meet you Morgan! You’re right that I don’t really know what a hunter is. Hopefully you can tell me about it sometime! I don’t know about anyone else but I have a lot to learn before I understand all the different powers and stuff at work here. I’ll start though. My name’s Masaru. I’m a mage who specializes in Summon Magic. Basically I bring creatures around to distract my opponents and wear them down, if you want the short of it.”

"Nice  to  meet  you,  Masaru!" He used magic? Like that stuff in children's books and fairy tales? And more over, he used it to create life, it sounded like! He isn't all that different from my master, then! I'll make sure to ask for notes on what he does and how! Morgan doubted she'd be able to replicate such miracles herself, of course. At least as far as Nen went, hers was a skillset all about taking a beating, then blasting it back out onto the enemy. If she were alive, it probably would have killed her by now.

"Excuse me, madame, but I must inquire...why do your hands only have four fingers on them?"

"...it's rude to ask stuff like that!! My apologies. My grimoire can have a bit of a mind of it's own. That said, it's nice to meet you, Morgan. Trevor Masters, sorcerer apprentice of Balthazar Blake, sorcerer of the 777th degree. A pleasure to meet you."

"My  hands?" Morgan looked down at her hands. Indeed, as the book had said, each one only had four digits. Come to think of it...

"I  don't  even  notice  anymore," The zombie uttered to herself. Holding up one hand, and pointing to the digits of her comrades with the other, Morgan explained "Hands  with  four  fingers  are  more  easy  to  make  than  with  five  fingers.  I  can  take  flesh  from  other  creatures  or  even  plants  and  use  it  to  mend  my  body  so  it  is  super  important  for  me  to  keep my  body  simple." A tiny lifestyle adjustment here and there, and it turned out that the fifth finger was totally overrated! She briefly considered a demonstration, but that was maybe too morbid. That was something she learned about people in her adventures across Lemuria. Just because you could put it back on didn't mean they liked it when you relieved yourself of a hand or something to show you could put it back on.

"You're a hunter?! I'm Aduain, I'm a hunter too! But I don't remember you at my exam so we musta passed different years. You really do have nen though I almost thought I'd never sense it on anyone else again."

"I  am!" Morgan excitedly responded. When she came to Prana, it was weird. That Mauvache lady wasn't a Nen user. She'd met a few other people since arriving, but they all gave off that vibe of not being a big deal. Even so, surely someone's Nen would be active, right? Not only was there no such person, but she just couldn't pick up any type of Nen signal at all from any of them! And yet here was this fish man! A bona fide Hunter, just like her! "We'll  have  to  trade  hunting  stories  sometime  Aduain."

Edited by yui

When the dust had settled, "Devin" was once again left with their thoughts. They had taken a nasty fall, and their body felt a bit strained from too much shifting, but they were in one piece. Which was more than could have been said for Melissa, had things taken a worse turn. Their heart heavy, they gave the bare minimum of answers to the questions asked of them before they left, slinking away to the bus when no one was paying attention. With a quiet yelp, their body shifted just one more time, forming the hood from before, pulled tight around their face.

Of course, Melissa ended up sitting next to them for the ride. Why? There was no excuse. Someone showed them kindness, and they rewarded it with recklessness. Turning towards the window and closing their eyes tight, the shifter just tried to sink into themselves. It would be too obvious if they actively ran away, so all they could do... was wish they were smaller than they were. Achievable or not, their body was in no shape to attempt it.

Even when they had arrived, the shifter instead chose to hang back and wait for everyone else to pile into the building, trying their best to just... disappear. They were sore. Tired. Guilty. They had let that voice take over, and look what had happened? They were too weak. Too worthless...!

Devin was forced to snap back to reality as the watches were explained, looking at the device. It didn't seem that much beyond what was available in many of their memories, but... They hardly felt like looking through it. Instead, they slithered their way towards the stairs, hoping to find a room and lock themselves in before anyone else could make their way up.

However, Melissa made it back and announced her desire to head that way before they could, along with one of the guys who hadn't joined them on the mission. With a heavy heart, they simply nodded, never making eye contact with the girl. Maybe Mauvache really was right...

With the group beginning to recover, seeing that they had won, Fen began to realize something. After having defeated the enemies, not a trace of them were left. Which meant there were no more shark corpses around on the ground. Feeling somewhat disappointed that she wouldn't be able to try street shark, the girl's expression matched such feelings as she walked towards the others. As she did, the law enforcement of the city came to the scene to begin conducting whatever business it was that they needed to get done. Once they had passed the group, Fen simply followed along with the others going to what Salvo referred to as a "bus." 

The girl was still marveled at the transportation that brought them there even as she got off of it. Sure, she had been on trains before and she had been in carriages as well. In reality, this was just some kind of cross between the two, but the trains themselves had always been something that Fen thought were magnificent. And this was smaller, didn't require rails and there were so many of them too. Wonder had yet to cease in Prana, and upon entering the building they were supposed to be living in, it didn't seem like they were slowing down. 

The girl was firstly taken about how starkly blue the room was. Taking a bit of time for her eyes to adjust, the girl's eyes instantly went to the green table in the center of the room that Salvo herself seemed to be walking towards. The girl was then in wonder by the wrist devices that she gave them, listening to all of the different functions that it had with mild disbelief. Even as far as magic devices went, having that many functions that seemed generally unconnected to each other seemed fairly impossible to her. Even with more ancient magics involved, the girl couldn't really fathom how it all worked, starting to fiddle around with the device and tapping at it all the while. 

The girl looked up at the sound of someone new joining the crowd, blinking a bit in some amount of disbelief at the person noting what it was that they were. She had her experience with undead and zombies in the past but none as coherent as the one before her. They were all incredibly aggressive and the only intelligence she had ever noted from them was that which was useful to kill. None of them spoke like this and certainly none of them were any bit nearly as friendly as she was. So the girl didn't seem like a threat or anything and everyone else had already seemed to be talking with her well enough. Aduain himself seeming to be from the same world as her. Yet she still couldn't help but be a bit wary, especially as she went over her somewhat grotesque method of healing herself and her slightly unnervingly slower - but not slow -  way of talking. 

All the same as it seemed the group was ready to head to their rooms, with being inclined to follow along. It wasn't as though she was looking to get ready to sleep or was even all that exhausted to begin with, she just felt like it was the thing to do at the moment as most others were getting ready to. Of course the original topic had already drifted from the rooms so Fen didn't exactly feel like interjecting saying that she was ready to as well. She also hadn't felt like introducing herself as she was stuck on the girl's comment about being a hunter, and Aduain's as well. After all, she herself was a hunter but from the way the two talked it sounded like it had different parlance from where they were from and felt silly going, "I'm Fen and I'm also a hunter of sorts but not that kind of hunter." 

Actually, at this point maybe it was a good idea to forget about her own room. After all, it wasn't like there were a limited amount of rooms and one of them was going to be left out from not going to pick one immediately. She hoped, at least. And even if they were, Fen had suffered from some rough sleeping conditions so she was comfortable with biting that arrowhead. But more so because she simply wanted to collect her already overwhelmed thoughts and maybe introduce herself to the zombie girl at a better time and she was more comfortable with her. Hopefully. She was also just curious in general to what the building also had, given that if the watch was anything to go by there were still many more wonders to discover here in Prana. Looking to everyone else, the girl then butted into the current conversation saying, "I'm uh, gonna look around at the other rooms first. Yeah." With that, Fen had prepared herself to go explore more northward of the current floor. 

It turned out only two of the oh so many people followed Melissa up to the second floor of the building, but one of them, Masaru, was someone she had barely seen (was he even at the mall? Melissa couldn’t remember) and the other was Devin, so it still wasn’t great. Now she felt like she had to follow through with the invitation and actually engage. Thankfully, Masaru had been the one to break the ice, and his initial question wasn’t too hard. “I don’t mind,” Melissa said, moving over to the side of the stairs both to allow Masaru to catch up and Devin to move past the both of them. Again, she almost said something to the shapeshifter, but this time her excuse was just wanting to focus on one person at a time. “I did ask for this, after all.

The second floor, it turned out, was mostly the individual rooms, aligning themselves with the longer walls and labelled alphabetically except for one of them with “Morgan Underhill” etched upon it. The other two shorter walls were basically identical as well, each containing a restroom, showers (separate from the restrooms themselves! Very impressive, Melissa thought) and a means of moving to other floors should one desire. Of course, all this description ignored the massive area walled off in the middle that was helpfully labelled “TRAINING AREA”. It looked very technical, but Melissa was not ready to get into the specifics of the thing at the moment. 

The rooms themselves were about what Melissa expected: small, barely furnished, and sparsely decorated, with only a single window for any sort of natural light. They were also all functionally identical, with only one thing differentiating them, one Melissa hoped to seize. “It doesn’t really matter,” she said, “but, um, I’d like one of the corner ones, I think? I’d like to be closest to the restrooms if I could.” 

She turned to Masaru, saw he was busy poking at his watch, and immediately changed the subject to more pressing matters. “You, um, to turn it on for the first time, you have to press and hold on the screen, I think.

Masaru stuck his tongue out of the corner of his mouth, squinting at the watch. “Like this?” he said, pressing down on the screen of the watch with his thumb while gripping his wrist with the rest of his hand.

Just the index finger, normally, but that works too, I guess,” Melissa said, demonstrating with her own. Pretty soon, both watches had whirred to life, and Melissa demonstrated where to find some of the more basic features she had discovered. “Do you- I guess this is pretty new to you, then? The watch, I mean, the ‘new world’ stuff seems new to everybody.

“It's that obvious, huh?” Masaru nodded, laughing as he did. “Yeah. I don't really understand any of this stuff. We have some magical devices where I'm from, but nothing like this. You seem pretty familiar though.”

Melissa shook her head. “There’s no magic where I’m from, but yeah there is stuff like this. It’s, um…” She realized she had no idea how smart-anythings worked, and yet also felt like she had to start justifying that initial statement somehow. “It’s- so you know what an abacus is, right? When you add, there’s rules for how you do that, to subtract, cube root, whatever, uh, someone from the world I’m from realized you could do just about anything with an abacus if you had a big enough abacus and the right rules, and then ever since we’ve been trying to do as much stuff with as small an abacus as possible and with as little work as we can.

She briefly worried about if the literal (former?) computers in her head were okay with being described as bean-counters but they said, We are to that watch what that watch is to an abacus, which, while maybe a little too prideful, still seemed accepting of her hasty analogy. 

Masaru, meanwhile, was utterly flummoxed. “You... don't have magic?” On some level, Melissa could understand his surprise. After all, she’d just found out that magic was real. She imagined him trying to explain how magic worked and her not getting it at all. It was probably drastically different from how it was portrayed in her world’s fiction. The same would obviously be true for Masaru as well. “So this thing on my wrist is an abacus, and it can, uh, make roots square?”

I think there’s a calculator if you, uh, yeah.” She showed him where it was on her device, and pointed at the little √ button. She then backed out to the main screen, the one with the time on it. “The main thing it’s supposed to do is say what time it is. But it can do a bunch of other things too. I’m still not sure about everything -- I guess we’ll have to ask Mauvache about that.

The summoner was looking more and more confused by the minute. “Right. Uh... do you think they’ll be making us do a lot of math here?" he said, scratching at his cheek. “I’m not very good at math. When I look at numbers for too long they get all jumbled up in my head and I mess it all up.”

No, the watch does the math…

She tried her best, but Masaru never really got it, and try as Melissa might to get to the heart of the problem, to find Masaru’s stumbling block on the road to understanding, it just wasn’t going to happen. Not by her, or, at least, not as she was. In the end, they separated, Melissa settling on Room L while Masaru went off to wherever he wanted to go off to. For the moment, he was out of her concern.

Melissa collapsed face-down onto her bed, happy to finally be alone. Well, she wasn’t entirely alone, of course, referring not only to the voices in her head but also her actual thoughts bouncing this way and that still trying to make sense of everything that had happened in less than a single day. If someone had told her at the start of her sophomore year at Blue Yonder that she’d be fighting off monstrous sharks and flaming skeletons, she’d have assumed there’d have been some sort of duel technology involved. If someone had told her she’d be struggling to explain the most basic elements of computers, she’d have assumed she’d picked a programming class for her second semester. Really, thinking too much while lying in bed was the first normal thing she had done since she had arrived in Prana. She almost wanted to revel in it, to hold on to that anxiety for as long as possible.

And yet, obviously, her brain had other ideas, wandering away from the mere general feeling to specific events, the biggest one, of course, was the battle at the mall. She couldn’t escape the sensation of near-death, it seemed. In fairness to her brain, it did seem to validate all the other times it had threatened her with death or near-death if she dared to anything (not to discount the other times in her life she had nearly died!), so of course there would be excess focus, but there was something more to this one, also. It took a bit more wallowing before she realized just what exactly that was.

There was a sort of empathy, Melissa realized, between herself, who had experienced the fall, and Devin, who had caused it. Like, she didn’t know Devin that well, but she at least felt like they were probably thinking similar thoughts about it. She also knew from experience that such thoughts weren’t about to just go away over time.

Melissa wrenched herself back up. Some part of her was screaming that none of this was actually expected, that she didn’t have to do anything if she didn’t want to, but the rest of her won out on the argument that Mauvache was probably going to make them work together again, so if they were going to talk, she’d rather it be on her own terms. Each step was shaky, but she still managed her way to Devin’s door.

She gave it one knock, then a rat-tat-tat. “Devin, it’s Melissa. You don’t have to, but we should probably, uh...

“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.”
-Matthew 18:15-17 (NIV)

As Fen went on her own path, separate from the others who were going to the room, she started to look around at what else the floor they were on had to offer. The first thing she noticed was something a humming noise coming from nearby. Specifically the room that seemed to be in the center of the floor. Walking over to it, the girl looked at the wall and was immediately intrigued by what was there, trying to figure out how to get inside. Sadly, though, there didn't seem any of an opening for her to get through and she didn't feel like making a big deal of it. Instead she walked further northward, which again she was met with a wall. Quite like the other room as well, there seemed to be a rectangular portion of the wall that seemed a bit different as well, only as Fen approached it something happened this time. 

"Eep!" The girl let out a surprised yelp as that portion of the wall had suddenly seemed to open on its own, taking a step back at the same time. As she did, she saw that there was indeed a room beyond the wall, but didn't take a step closer towards it, instead being content to simply look into it. However, she didn't get  to look for long as the wall slid back, barring her from the entrance once again. Taking yet another step forward the wall, what she assumed now was a door, slid open once again. With trepidation, the girl stepped into the room before her, unsure of what to make of all of it. 

Immediately visible was something that she could make sense of. A round table with a few chairs and a floating glowing light above it. Done. Made sense to her. Next there was what appeared to be a large metallic box that she assumed was for storage, a large assortment of cabinets, drawers, a few other boxes that she didn't know the purpose of including two that appeared to be built into the counters themselves. One part of the counter seemed to have been dug out for this metal box to be place in it, with two knobs next to a large, curved metal tube that towered over the box. The second one seemed to be more an extension of the counter. 

Curious about it, the girl walked over, seeing what was also a series of metallic cylinders each barred off by a grate on top of it and series of nobs as well.  The girl was curious, looking at each of them and seeing what appeared to be a symbol for fire, and the words "high" and "low" on the area around the knobs. She wasn't sure that messing with things in this room was the best course of action, but she couldn't help but feel innately curious too. And so, looking to either side as if she were about to commit some grievous crime, the girl grabbed the knob and turned it. 

A brief ticking noise was heard before one of the cylinders spewed out a sudden jet of fire. Fen, shocked once more, yet out another surprised yelp and backed away from the flame. The flame itself didn't seem to be dying down at all prompting the girl to put a curious hand to her chin. Walking back over to it, the girl continued to turn the nob, the flame increasing and decreasing in size depending on which was she turned it, before she finally turned it back to its original position and the flame died completely. Nodding to herself, she reasoned that this device was some strange fire magic generator of sort, definitely handy to have around. Looking down, seeing that the inside of the metal box was mostly hollow, she wondered if it also produced the flames inwardly, setting whatever that  was inside on fire. "How horrifying." 

Looking around the rest of the room, the girl opened up a drawer only to see inside were utensils. Eating utensils more specifically. Blinking at the familiar looking object, the girl cocked her head to the side as she continued to open up more drawers and cabinets. Plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, pans, trays, pots, knives, spatulas, other utensils she had never seen before. The girl's eyes went wide, only for her to hurridley go over to a large door to what she presumed was a closet. It was stocked with food and ingredients. Lots of them too. It was at that moment the girl had finally put together all the pieces and knew where she was. Excited, the girl shouted, "it's a kitchen!" 

Melissa's body language was all too clear to Devin as they ascended with them, taking the chance to walk past her and Masaru. And, since they were at the front, they turned right to avoid the dup, heading straight for room F. As soon as they entered, they locked the door... and slumping down against it. In that moment, the barren room did not displease them. It was more than they needed. More than they deserved. Their memories told them that a decent number of the owners of those lives had lived on the streets or travelling about by foot... Including the one whose name they bore. Yet, for all the memories swirling inside of their head, only one sentiment stood out.

In that moment, the being referred to as Devin Kismet wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and never wake up again. The barren, drab room did nothing to hurt this attempt, so they pulled their knees up to hug them, burying their face and letting their eyes close. They were dangerous. They were a monster. They needed to just... let go. Everyone would be better off if this one shapeshifter ceased to be. 

Time passed. How much, the shifter did not know. It could have been minutes. Hours. Possibly even days, though the warmth in the room would inform them otherwise. Trying to drift off. Trying to silence their mind. Begging sweet sleep to take them away from this place.

Yet, in place of sleep, they heard a rapping at their door behind them.

Devin, it’s Melissa. You don’t have to, but we should probably, uh...

"Why...?" the shifter closed their eyes tighter, bundling tighter against themselves, to the point that the lines between what was hand and what was leg began to disappear, "I... I get it... I screwed up... You didn't... have to come over here... You didn't do anything wrong..."

"Well, I came over for a few reasons, um..." Melissa's words were measured, coming out a few at a time. "I guess the first is that I know what it's like to be trapped in my own head, and I know it's easier to pull myself back from that sort of thinking when there's someone on the other end, and maybe I'm not great at talking but I can listen okay, at least. The other reason, though, um, is that even if you, you know, really would rather me just go away right now, I just wanted to say: I forgive you."

Devin froze in stunned silence. Why? Why would she? What part of that did they deserve? They bit their lip as they shook hard, burying themselves into their legs more, as the tears began to fall.

"I... don't get it... I don't understand... I just don't... understand... Why... would you forgive me? You could have died!" Devin yelled without meaning to, choking up as they continued, "You shouldn't forgive me! You heard Mauvache, and Devin is the name of a villain-in-training! For all you know, I could be planning to kill you! Or that guy you were helping! Or anyone... else..."

As they finished speaking, their voice caught in their throat, sobs beginning to overtake them. They didn't deserve this kindness. The only voice in their head that told them they did was the same reason they were in this current mess at all. 

"I'm nothing but a monster... a freak... it would be better... if you kept your distance... And I'm sorry..."

iyyzIuC.png

iU8EggM.png

"I  don't  even  notice  anymore.  Hands  with  four  fingers  are  more  easy  to  make  than  with  five  fingers.  I  can  take  flesh  from  other  creatures  or  even  plants  and  use  it  to  mend  my  body  so  it  is  super  important  for  me  to  keep my  body  simple."

"Fascinating."
"Fascinating."

Both Trevor and the Cabanomicon hung on the words of this zombie, as the latter was even writing a few things down within it's pages. After all, it wasn't every day one got to meet a living...er...necromanced corpse in the flesh...uh...rotten flesh? Nevertheless, this intrigued the young sorcerer quite a bit, especially due to his general knowledge of zombies from his time before becoming a pupil under Balthazar...and not even those in pop culture were THIS intricate.

Soon, however, Trevor moved the grimoire back to his side again, now just being fastened to his person with the help of the chains. He gave a slight bow to Morgan, before smiling. "Twas a pleasure to meet you, Morgan." Trevor said, now letting her speak to Aduain. In the meantime, he'd be simply looking through the rest of their little humble abode here. Everything here seemed so full and lively...except...there was one spot that the young man caught his eyes in.

It was an empty room...and oddly empty room to precise. This puzzled the young sorcerer, as he even made a movement to go investigate the room. Putting his hand on his chin for a moment, Trevor started to stare around the room from top to bottom. Nothing seemed out of place, aside from the fact that there was literally nothing here. It almost seemed as if there was a future expansion here that could be just waiting to happen. Of course, something clicked in his mind when he had this thought...

"Don't worry about there not being much. You all are free to add what you want as long as you can afford it..."

It all made sense now. "I see...so that's what Salvo meant. So in short, with these..." Trevor glanced at the watch. "We can access a sort of account that will deposit the general currency here in Prana at which point we can use those and begin an exchange to purchase different things within this establishment. Impressive." With this in mind, he left the oddly empty room, now with a bit of a plan. What would he possibly use for that room? Simple: a study...or perhaps a small library. After all, the saying was knowledge is power...and he had a grimoire written by Merlin himself, so it definitely rang true.

"Shall we mingle with the others then, Masters?"

Trevor glanced at the grimoire, who simply chuckled with a shrug. "I won't initiate the conversations, not this time. If those here wish to speak to me, then I'll happily indulge them."

This seemed to get the grimoire a bit huffy. "You are still such a...oh blow me to Bermuda!"

"Careful what you wish for...after all, you did that once before." Trevor gave a sly smirk, already knowing by that that little outburst the Cabanomicon was definitely channeling more of it's original master's mannerisms and speech patterns.

As Trevor left the Oddly Empty Room, and before the door closed, he heard a noise coming from inside. It was hard to identify but it was clearly some sound. Which, given the entirely bare nature of the room, any noise seemed out of place.

When he looked inside he noticed that there was something strange in the air of the room itself. There was a moment of what seemed like television static and then he heard a noise again. This one more easily identified as a voice.

"Come on, you heard what the old man said, we're not supposed to be here at night."

Trevor could then see what looked like ghostly apparitions inside of the room. He couldn't seem to identify much about them.

Body? Person-shaped. Hairstyle? They had hair. Faces? Probably existed. Nothing specific could be made out just a vague sense that they were people of some sort and they were walking as though the walls were much closer together than the room indicated.

He heard the second one respond to the first. Their voices sounding far away, barely audible, though it didn't seem they were whispering. "Nah he said not to be here after dark. We got our flashlights right? So it's not after dark."

They continued to move and it looked as though they turned a corner and Trevor could no longer see them. He could, however, hear one of them let out a surprised yelp and the other curse.

"Oh come on how'd both of them go out at once? Damn cheap garbage." And then the noise of something hitting a solid object followed by "Work, damn you."

"We...we should get out of here." the other's voice said. "Like, now."

"Relax relax...ugh, fine, I can show you what I found later. This way. As long as we keep on this path we should get ou-"

After the abrupt silence the room grew dark. Entirely and completely dark. Even if Trevor wanted to go inside he found he couldn't. Nothing was physically stopping him. No barrier of any sort. Yet whenever the thought of advancing into the room came to him he found himself deciding not to. No matter how curious he was he couldn't seem to bring himself to actually make the motions to check inside.

And then the door closed shut automatically, having been sitting open past the timer on the automated system. And Trevor found he could move towards the room again without problem. If he opened the door, however, he would find the room as it had been when he first came here. With nothing seemingly out of the ordinary beyond the previously established odd emptiness.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
-Matthew 18:21-22 (NIV)

“For all you know, I could be planning to kill you!”

Are you really planning to kill me?” The words just slipped out of Melissa’s mouth, it was definitely more direct than something she would have said if she thought about it and she instinctively retreated a step back, ready to flee. She managed to contain that impulse, though, and returned to her original position in front of the door.

I feel like you won’t believe me if I tell you why,” Melissa said. “I don’t think I would if our places were swapped, anyway. Not right now, at least. Maybe, though, if you start with the fact that I have -- and I really have, Devin, despite how much you’re telling yourself otherwise -- maybe you can figure it out from there.

She took a step away, on purpose this time. “Like I said, um, I’m not going to make you talk about anything you don’t want to talk about. I don’t think I can even get into your room without your say-so. So I’m going to go for now, um, maybe make some food or something. There’s no pressure, come out when you’re ready.

Maybe it was selfish of her, but saying something to Devin got Melissa’s spirits up a bit, even if it wasn’t all of what probably needed to be said. The thought of food did too, even if it meant going back down to where all the people were.

Thankfully, everyone was much more spread out when she arrived back on the first floor. There was still a bit of a huddled mass surrounding Morgan, but Trevor and Fen had gone off investigating, and, of course, Masaru and Devin were still upstairs. Melissa came back down just in time for Fen to announce that she’d found a kitchen. “Oh good,” she said, heading over to see just how exactly a world like Prana set up their kitchens.

Well, she could recognize most of it, or at least understand what it all was supposed to be. It was definitely better than any dorm kitchen she had ever seen, with what looked like actual gas stoves and a decent fridge and a stocked larder. It had a few weird digital quirks she didn’t really recognize, but it was good enough for her purposes.

Um, do you cook?” she asked Fen as she pulled out a few things that she needed. “I’m not, like, especially great at it but my dad taught me how to make this one thing and I always thought it looked nice, at least, even when I messed it up.” She put a pan on the front-right burner and observed her spoils: two eggs, two bread slices, and a thing of butter. She got a knife out from one of the drawers, lopped off a small chunk of the butter, and made that the first thing into the pan. 

She remembered a thought she had on the bus. “Thank you again, by the way,” she said, turning the burner on, “for, um, for catching me. I wasn’t sure if I said that before.

Fen was continuing to marvel at the kitchen she found herself in, noting how it wasn't all that different from hers back home yet still looked completely so. All of the cooking implements and utensils looked far more polished and refined as well, and this wasn't even to mention the strange amount of magical contraptions that were in this room. As she continued to look around the area someone else - Melissa - had entered in. The girl in question seemed to be far less confused about where she was then Fen had been. If anything, she seemed right at home, moving towards the large metal storage box/closet against the wall and pulling food out of it. Fen walked over as the girl was doing so, feeling a sudden chilled air coming from the box.

The girl had a surprised look on her face - getting out of Melissa's way as she went to prepare her own meal - understanding exactly what this device was meant for. It was all too easy for food to spoil if left out at room temperature for an extended period of time, so Fen had always put her magic to use in keeping things chilled and frozen to preserve them. And here it was, a device to mimic just that process. Fen was met with a strange mix of emotions, unable to deny the absolute convenience of a magical contraption like this, but also feeling like she had lost to it at the same time. After giving the box an frown, she turned her attention back to Melissa who still seemed quite comfortable in this strange kitchen. 

"Ah, well, yeah, I do a uh, a lot of cooking. See, my family owns a restaurant and I worked there for awhile before I became an adventurer. Well, it didn't really feel like work, since I really enjoyed it a bunch and I guess it was helpful for what I needed when I joined Cherry Heart - " the girl paused herself. "Er, sorry about that, I was rambling. But yeah, I cooked for my guildmates a lot. I wanted to see if I could make something with those sharks from earlier, but they all vanished." The young chef seemed to have genuine disappointment in both her tone and expression as she stated this. 

Being thanked - again - for her actions in saving the girl from a brutal fall, Fen simply smiled and said, "oh, don't worry about it. It was no trouble. I'm just glad you were left unharmed by all of it, really." Fen was, in fact, a bit worried by the situation. But less so because of Melissa and what had happened to her and more how it had happened. She was no stranger to her fair share of reckless and careless companions, and perhaps being with them for so long had spoiled her in a way, but she never would think that one of the more physically able ones would carelessly toss the less so. Of course, Fen didn't know the full situation, it at the very least got Melissa not immolated when the dragon girl went to go fist fight with the elemental, but she knew what her eyes had seen and there were definitely better ways to go about it. She didn't speak of any of this, though, thinking only time would tell all while keeping her ever grateful smile on her face. Shifting gears, the girl instead asked, "so, um, while I do know my way around a kitchen this one is a bit...unfamiliar to me. I don't think I've ever seen any of these different magical devices before, but well, you seem quite familiar with them. Is where you come from uh, like this?" 

"Yeah for sure! I always love another hunter's perspective on stuff I'm looking into. People hear stuff you couldn't believe sometimes." Aduain bounced in place at Morgan's invitation to swap stories later. The boy was not going to get over seeing genuine nen again any time soon, much less from a fellow hunter. If he was bothered by her explanation of her body or powers it never showed, In fact there was a sense of awe because he could properly attribute these as being nen-related or some sort of hatsu as oppoed to the others. They were still very cool to see while fighting the sharks and and flaming skeleton but it was hard to be as excited when he couldn't understand the mechanism that let people summon ice, or balloons, or turn into dragons. There was still a lot to ask about for that matter with the others but the draw to his fellow Hunter was too strong. But not strong enough as it happened.

"Oh yeah I should go see about my room or something." Aduain remined himself the reason they were even standing here in the first place. He smacked his mouth some. "Water first though. Didn't realize how much I'd dried up out there." the fish stated. Of course what classified as dried up to the hunter would have been unpleasantly damp to just about any normal person. The boy leaped off to the first unoccupied or claimed room he could find, slightly disappointed not at the size or simplicity of the room but by the utter lack of bodies of water. Still he deposited his trident before setting out on the search. And it wasn't long before he found and jumped head first into the showers and poured the water on as fast it would let him. He lied down on the floor to take it in and probably could have stayed there forever. In fact that was the current plan this was much better than the bed he'd been provided.

morgan.png

"Twas a pleasure to meet you, Morgan."

Morgan gave the man and his sentient book (how did that even work?) a friendly wave as they made off elsewhere, and the crowd started generally dispersing, leaving just the two Hunters. To think that of all these people, her and Aduain were the only ones that used Nen! How did something that unlikely even happen?

"Yeah for sure! I always love another hunter's perspective on stuff I'm looking into. People hear stuff you couldn't believe sometimes. Oh yeah I should go see about my room or something. Water first though. Didn't realize how much I'd dried up out there."

The story exchange would have to come later then. Looking at her new fishy friend as he took off, Morgan realized she should probably claim a room for herself. She'd already looked around the place and kicked back in one of the rooms for a bit before everyone showed up, but the zombie girl would be lying if she said she had outright claimed one for herself. Now that everyone was here, it was probably a good idea to get dibs on one she liked. But there were more rooms than people, it seemed. Surely she could adapt if the perfect room - not that she believed there was any significant difference between one or the other - got taken from under her nose. She learned that staying at a bunch of different places across Lemuria. In an establishment - as opposed to a regular civilian house - there was generally little to no difference between different bedrooms. It was what you did with the place that made it unique!

So she would just pick one and then really make it hers! But first, it was good to get to know your teammates. That was also something she learned over the course of her travels. You could meet all sorts of interesting people, and getting to know them better also meant working together better! She was already hitting it off with Aduain, so getting to know the others was probably a good idea. And after a bit of roaming about, Morgan decided she'd start with...

Those two girls in the kitchen! Morgan gave the pair a friendly wave as she entered, looking over the many devices in the kitchen for something she'd recognize. Quite a few of them, believe it or not! To give this nice-looking lady a bit of a pointer with the various devices she seemed confused about, Morgan did an important part of her morning routine. After locating the bread, Morgan pulled two slices out from the loaf, making sure to close the bag properly afterward to avoid it going stale, and brought them to the counter. And put them inside a small metal box with two slots.

"The  toaster  makes  bread  better.  Hotter,  and  a  little  crispy.  Be  careful  not  to  burn  your  bread." Bread in place, Morgan pulled down on the slidey tab-y thing, watching the inside light up as delicious waves of hot were beamed straight into her toast-to-be. Much of Morgan's routine was adjustable, but a day with no toast in the morning was bound to be a miserable one. And while it wasn't necessarily morning right now, "I just got transported to a new world" was close enough, right?

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
-1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)

Again, Melissa felt the need to defend herself on behalf of Ambrosia. “It’s not magic,” she said, “or, um, it wasn’t magic on my world, I don’t know what it is here, though it looks the same. If it is the same, the oven and stove are gas-powered, I think? I probably won’t be able to explain it that well -- when I was picking my room with Masaru I was doing a pretty bad job of explaining these watches, so…” She held up her wrist to indicate what she was talking about, but couldn’t keep it up for too long, the butter was starting to melt in the pan and she still had a bit more prep to do with her bread.

Like, it was pretty simple, she just had to cut slightly-larger-than-communion-cup-sized holes in the middle of each slice (her father said “shot glass” but of course she chose something else), but it still required her focus for a moment, and that meant that when she heard a different voice than the Fen’s she’d been expecting, she yelped, dropped her (thankfully, butter) knife, and probably jumped a foot and a half. 

Sorry, um. Sorry, I think… I was…” She wasn’t sure what she was apologizing for, but she did feel like she had to be apologizing for something. Fortunately, she did have the presence of mind to get the bread, including the nubs she’d punched out, into the pan before she turned around. “Oh, it’s, uh, Morgan, right?

Melissa liked to think she was pretty good at names, but even besides that, it was difficult to imagine forgetting someone with Morgan’s… complexion? That was probably a weird word, and she made a note to ask about something better later, but the point was, despite having only heard her name while fleeing to a restroom, she did remember it. “My name is Melissa,” she said. “Make yourself at home. You know what everything is here?

A stupid question in hindsight; Morgan had been living here for who knew how much longer than they had, so of course she was going to recognize something (also going zero for two on sentences regarding her didn’t feel great), and Morgan answered even more definitively by going confidently over to the toaster and popping in a few more slices of bread. “The  toaster  makes  bread  better.  Hotter,  and  a  little  crispy.  Be  careful  not  to  burn  your  bread,” she said.

Oh, I’m toasting bread too, actually,” Melissa said, turning back to her pan. “I’m just, uh, this is a little more involved.” Only a little, of course. She cracked the two eggs, one into each bread-hole, and dropped the heat down to low. “This way, if I’ve done this right, the bread should help contain the yolk, and the butter to keep the egg from sticking should also soak in a little.

She spent a minute or two digging around for a spatula and waited a bit longer than that to make sure she could flip everything without it all falling apart -- that was the bit “even if I mess it up” issue she’d experienced in the past -- and let the two bread/egg combinations cook a few seconds longer before transferring them over to a plate. It looked pretty good actually, though the eggs were probably closer to over medium than over easy.

Melissa presented the plate to Morgan and Fen for their approval. “The pan’s still hot, did you want some too? It’s probably not as good as anything you’ve made recently, Fen, but…

Fen watched curiously as Melissa began to explain the process by which all of the tools in here worked. Melissa seemed to insist that it wasn't magic, which Fen wasn't quite sure how all of these devices operated otherwise but decided to respect the girl's assertion. As she talked about how poor she was at explaining these things as well, Fen looked at her wrist saying, "well, I still don't know how any of this works either so..." As the girl was going to ask for advice, she was interrupted by the sudden appearance of the zombie girl from earlier. She reflexively stiffened with her eyes darting and analyzing the girl as best she could before seeming to settle and focus on her. As it had turned out her efforts to distance herself from the zombie had instead lead her right into their undead company. Or rather, Morgan had ended up finding her way to Fen. The result was the same regardless, and Fen still couldn't help but feel on edge. 

As Morgan had opted into polite conversation with them, though, Fen had felt obligated to give a greeting wave to the girl but didn't add any words to follow that. She was curious, though, as Morgan seemed to operate the device known as the "toaster" with relative ease. Seeing this, Fen couldn't help but come to two conclusions. Either Morgan had been here long enough to already familiarize herself with the tools and already knew how they worked. Or, she was from a world where they were commonplace, which following Melissa's train of logic would mean that the walking dead was not in fact magic. That was something quite bone chilling to the ice mage. 

Regardless, she thought the contraptions this world had were quite convenient for the cooking process and she felt most fire mages were in a similar position to her in relation to the cold box. Nevertheless, she continued to watch as Melissa made her dish, her eyes seeming to try to look closely at both every part of the process and to notice if there was anything special that went into using the tools here. Once it was done, Fen smiled and looked  back to Melissa as she said, "well, I always enjoy trying others cooking, so if you're offering." The girl picked up one of the pieces and went to bite into it. As she did, she let out a noise of approval, happily eating away it. The dish itself was simple, and Fen's brain did start racing as she was eating in trying to figure out what sauces and seasonings to use as well as even different kinds of eggs. 

Yet still, just because the girl's dish was simple didn't mean it couldn't taste good - which it did. Smiling at Melissa she simply said, "that was great Melissa. And thank you for showing me how all of the tools worked." While Fen did have critique for Melissa, she wasn't exactly sure that she was looking for any at the moment, so she kept those comments to herself. It wasn't like she was lying, either. Fen then became pensive for a bit before saying, "I wish I could make something for you too, but I'm afraid I might just undercook or burn anything I try right now. So maybe once I get the hang of these things, I'll be sure to give something to all of you." She nodded to herself on this, giving a side eye to the zombie girl briefly wondering if she could actually eat and taste things but opted not to think any more deeply on that. "Well, I still haven't picked out my room yet, so I'll be doing that now. See you both later." Fen gave a short bow before making her way out and going upstairs, before picking out the door in the corner that beckoned to her. 

As with the worlds they were used to the evening turned into night and the night turned into day. Regardless of when they usually woke up a noise sounded through the house at 8 in the morning. A ringing chime that seemed to activate something on the watches they were given.

A message popped up on the face of each of their watches "Someone is at the front door." Under which was an option to "accept" which if pressed would flash an indicator that someone, whoever pressed it first, would be getting the door.

Whoever answered the door would find Salvo standing there with a huge smile on her face. Standing next to a hovering cart that was piled with several covered trays stacked on top of each other.

Behind her was another woman with a sword at her side and several pieces of armor on her body.

"Yo." Salvo said. "I realized after I left that I didn't know if any of you knew how to cook. So took it on myself, well with some help, to make you all a big breakfast to start your first full day here." she indicated the trays. "Don't know your preferences but there's plenty here so let's get these in and lay em out mkay?"

The young woman behind her tapped her shoulder and Salvo nodded. "Right, this is Natasha. She helped make the food. Well, she did most of it really. She can't talk but she's still one of the sweetest people around."

Natasha gave a silent smile in acknowledgement. Despite her silence there was a compelling presence about her. As though an aura of charisma surrounded her that was somehow able to be felt.

Despite the time Salvo hadn't deemed it fit to be quiet. In fact as she stepped into the house she raised her voice and shouted for all to hear. "Hey! Come and get some food!"

--

Salvo had arrived at 8 AM. However for at least two of those staying in this building they would have gotten a different, earlier, wake up call.

Masaru's was also in the form of a message. Though this one seemed to be from an unknown number. It stated "Come to the Arena as soon as you're able." It also included directions to the Arena and, once inside, where to head to.

And for Aduain he would be woken by something rather unusual. He would wake to hear a knocking sound. However it wasn't on the door. Nor was it on the wall connected to the bedroom next to him. No, instead, it came from the opposite wall. Where there should be no room and seemed to be no door. However it sounded exactly like the noise of someone knocking at a door nonetheless.

iyyzIuC.png

iU8EggM.png

Our mettle was tested today by what I could only describe as an elemental creature, fire in nature. Nevertheless, these new allies I’ve come to be acquainted with seem to have risen to the challenge and have done quite enough to assist me...specifically the sorceress known as Fen. Not like many other sorcerers and sorceresses I’ve met, but she namely deals with magic that is attuned to ice. Quite the fascinating young lady. Nevertheless, Mauvache has kindly presented us with lodgings here in Prana...but then again...I worry about this place’s strange dealings. Allow me to elaborate: an oddly empty room with nothing in it...nothing out of the ordinary...at least at face value. That is until I see the ghostly looking apparitions in the room speaking to one another...and then disappearing. I couldn’t move towards the door to investigate, but in a curious fashion...there was no barrier...no warding spell. It was more or less a psychological block, I would venture to guess. Any thoughts I had on investigating, proved fruitless as I couldn’t make a move until the door shut and the room became empty once more. Is there more to this place than meets the eye? Something tells me the answers I seek will soon arrive down the line.

Journal Entry 1 - Complete

The young sorcerer awoke not too long before the watch's alarm went off. Even with his time in the Ever, Trevor seemed to always be an early bird...must've just been how he was wired to put it simply. Even back on Arcana Cabana, he would be up and about in the early hours of the morning just because he was prepared for his lessons and teachings to become a sorcerer. After all, not everyone can just become a sorcerer out of the blue in his world...

Regardless, Trevor sat on a chair in his room, humming a small little tune as he had a few things (while not a lot) in this room start to dance and float around his room. One of which was his grimoire which was just floating around the middle of the room as everything else floated around it's orbit. It was a long time since he was able to do something like this again, it felt nostalgic to him, plus it was also helping him organize the room in the way he wanted it.

That's when the watch's alarm informed him about something. "Ahh, I suppose the fun has to stop." he sighed, standing back up and snapped a few times. "Alright everyone, time to settle down." he said, watching the items floating around the room finally lowering down on their respective areas while the grimoire simply floated down, wrapped it's chain around it to lock itself again before fastening itself onto Trevor's side. "Now...what's going on?" With a glance of his watch, he saw the "Someone is at the front door", notification. Only option he had was "accept"...so what else was a young sorcerer to do? He simply hit "accept"...and it showed an indicator that Trevor Masters would be answering the door. I should've seen that coming...guess I'm committed now. he thought with a shrug.

Leaving his room, Trevor made his way to the front door, opening it. To which he was greeted with the smiling face of Salvo and behind her, a woman with a sword and several pieces of armor. And of course, a hovering food cart with plenty of covered trays.

"Yo. I realized after I left that I didn't know if any of you knew how to cook. So took it on myself, well with some help, to make you all a big breakfast to start your first full day here. Don't know your preferences but there's plenty here so let's get these in and lay em out mkay?"

"The generous thought is appreciated, Salvo." Trevor smiled, about to invite the two ladies in, when the one tapped on Salvo's shoulder.

"Right, this is Natasha. She helped make the food. Well, she did most of it really. She can't talk but she's still one of the sweetest people around."

The silent smile from Natasha was seen by Trevor, along with feeling what he could only describe as an...aura of charisma and he definitely could feel it. "Well, I do reiterate, the thought is definitely appreciated." he smiled, inviting the two ladies in finally. While Salvo shouted for everyone wake up for food, Trevor took the moment to put the covered trays out...in the only way he knew how.

With a few snaps, his grimoire sprung to life again and began to float over the trays. "Don't worry about setting out the trays...I have it handled." Trevor smiled, now watching as the grimoire started to have the covered food trays rising before leading them over towards the countertop in quite the comical but elegant fashion. "One good thing about being a sorcerer...the ability to use magic to assist in every day tasks."

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, a sinner
Wipe away my transgressions,
    and let me be reborn anew in your glory
Help me turn away from sin
    and move towards your eternal light.

I am lost, Lord
Every place I look I am searching for your light
    but it is all so unfamiliar to me
Everyone I see is a stranger
    and I fear many enemies lay ahead of me.
Show me the way forward
    so that I might better serve you
    that I may better carry out your will

In the name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit,
Amen

Melissa didn’t normally dream all that much. That wasn’t to say she couldn’t dream or that she never remembered the ones she had -- she was still trying to hold onto a particularly cherished one she’d had a week ago her time -- but she was always so restless! Sleep was so light for her, if she wasn’t being pulled back out by some errant thought, it was because the last one was still running through her mind. It certainly didn’t help that it was morning when Mauvache pulled her out of mass and midday when she put her back down. “Only a few hours difference” one might say but those few hours certainly added up.

And yet, somehow, she found herself back on Blue Yonder’s campus, resting under a tree in the artificial starlight, the world completely silent outside of a distant melody that she couldn’t quite place travelling along the slightest of breezes. It was the comforting sort, though. With the sky only just out of reach, the world felt small. Not like whatever was going on in the real world. Melissa didn’t dare look outside while the real world was dark. She was pretty sure what she would see already, but she still didn’t want to find out for certain.

All in all, it was a nice dream, not perfect, but a nice environment to exist in and decompress as her subconscious prepared for a new day. But her conscious mind, the part that was aware she was dreaming at all, had other ideas. She stood up from her spot and said, “Alright, this is probably the best chance I’ve got until I see Mauvache again to ask some questions. Can you show yourselves?

The voices answered wordlessly. Two of the artificial stars detached from their spots in the sky and drifted down to earth, growing brighter and brighter the lower they got, wiping the night away in their descent. There was nothing behind the nighttime void, though, not the expected cerulean or any other color besides pure white, and yet, Melissa could still make out the outlines of the heavenly spheres. They were closer now, almost to the ground.

Only when they touched down did their light become overwhelming. Melissa’s hand moved involuntarily to shield her eyes, but it was only necessary for a moment. When she looked back, there they were, both the cherub and the ophan, side by side. You will have to forgive us if this is too ostentatious, they said. Today was surely a rough experience, and we would like to do as much as we can to alleviate that.

No, this is good,” Melissa said. “I like this. Do you miss home too?

There was a surprisingly long pause, but the answer did come. We do not have the capacity to feel loss. There is nothing to be missed.

Oh,” Melissa said, not sure how else to respond, eventually settling on a side path tangentially related to the question. “You seemed worried when we first met, and you’ve definitely been concerned more than a few times today. So you can feel things? Just not that?

Another pause. You had other questions for us, surely, they said, which, to Melissa, was answer enough. Besides, she did have more questions, some she hoped the voices were more willing to be direct about.

In a dream, in a vision of the night,
    when deep sleep falls on people
    as they slumber in their beds,
he may speak in their ears
    and terrify them with warnings,
to turn them from wrongdoing
    and keep them from pride,
to preserve them from the pit,
    their lives from perishing by the sword.
-Job 33:15-18 (NIV)

For much of the conversation, Melissa felt like she was being tutored. What had she learned? Well, she had learned exactly what the angels did, for one, some of which she had already intuited from seeing them in action before, though it was nice to see the cherub draw its sword and demonstrate its skill, even in the dream world. They’d talked about their limitations as well, like why crashing into Fen had forcibly woken her up. Perhaps think of us as an extension of you, they’d said. If part of you is injured, of course the rest of the body is going to react. She had even asked if the pronoun she’d been using -- “it” -- was an acceptable one to use for the angels. Any neutral pronoun was, they said.

And why angels?” Melissa asked. “Is that also from my head?

Would you rather we have found something else? It would be too late now -- these forms have already been assumed, and our architecture altered enough to make changing things rather difficult, though, given the situation, we hesitate to call anything an impossibility.

No, it’s fine,” Melissa said. “I don’t know what I would have chosen otherwise, and you two have served us well so far. I was just being curious.

Now it was the voices’ turn to be curious. Why do you use the word “us?”

Melissa shrugged. “Well, I imagine we’re probably going to be together for a while. Just because you say you can’t miss home doesn’t mean you can’t treat my brain as a new one was my reasoning,” she said. “I don’t know, it feels right to not act like you’re guests, I guess. Speaking of which…

She left her spot under the tree and approached the two angels. “I appreciate asking for my consent every time you leap out of my head, but I worry there may be a case where that’s too slow. You’ve been in my head. I’m sure you’ve seen the nonsense scenarios I can come up with. But if I could call each of you by name and summon you that way, wouldn’t that be faster?

What names would you give us?

Melissa had to pause to think, but only for a moment. She knew dozens of appropriate names, it was just a matter of narrowing it down to the right ones. She pointed at the cherub. “If you will allow me to choose, I name you Zadkiel, after the angel of mercy, and…” She shifted her point to the burning wheel. “If you allow me to name you, you are Sandalphon, prince of all ophanim.

There was a rumbling off in the distance of the dream world. We accept, and we thank you, the voices said. Say these names and we will appear.

Back on her world, every time Melissa set her own alarm, she ended up waking up at least fifteen minutes earlier than she meant to, so the sudden noise combined with just coming off the dream she’d had nearly sent her through her bedroom ceiling, to the roof of the building and beyond. It took her another several moments for her still-sleep-addled brain to realize exactly what the noise was, and by the time she did, her watch was already informing her that someone else was answering the door. She very nearly collapsed back onto her bed right there, but her watch also told her that it was a perfectly reasonable time to wake up, so if she was going to get used to Prana time, she probably should.

Still, she felt a bit dirty wandering down the stairs in clothes she had not only slept in, but spent the day before in as well. Outside of basic toiletries, the closets and drawers in her room were empty, which meant unless she wanted to get really used to spending time in the laundry room, getting more clothes was pretty high on her list.

It turned out that Trevor the magician had been the one to answer the door, and, in fact, had done so much more than that already. Tray after tray of Salvo and Natasha’s food was lined up on the table, with plates set all around. “Good morning” and “Thank you,” were all Melissa could utter, retreating to a seat near an end, waiting for the others to appear before she dug in.

Edited by radio414

Getting into her room, Fen had noticed how remarkably small it was. Nothing more than walls and a simple bed for her to sleep on decorated it. The simple and somewhat spartan feeling to it had reminded her of her early days in Cherry Heart, where they had barely any space to spare for sleeping accommodations and barely a functioning roof at that. Though this was likely cleaner and more safe, Fen couldn't help but feel nostalgic for the former conditions as she went to lie down on her bed. As she did, she suddenly realized how tired it was that she had actually felt. Come to think of it, she hadn't been in any large scale fights for awhile now and the day itself was full of nothing but new and confusing things. As a result, it took until she started to close her eyes to realize how exhausting every experience today had been, and in no time flat the girl had fallen asleep. 

The next thing she was aware of, a sudden chiming noise had been droning on through her room. Letting out a groggy grunt, the girl looked at the device on her wrist, seeing that it had been the source of the chime. Fen still didn't have any idea how it worked and as a result didn't do much more then read the message, being notified that there was a guest at the door and that Trevor had gone to go see them in. Stretching her arms out, the young girl figured they were all notified for a reason and that it would be rude to keep a guest waiting. The guest in question as well made their presence very apparent, calling to all of them throughout and the building and so Fen got out of bed and opened her door. 

Making her way downstairs, the young chef saw that there were already a few people already downstairs as well. Trevor and Salvo she had already known about, but Melissa was there as well as some new woman. Fen tilted her head momentarily as she couldn't tell why, but the new girl definitely had something of a presence to her that others here had lacked. Perhaps it was the fact that she was the first proper looking knight she had seen since coming to this strange world. Well, it wasn't like it was a bad presence, so Fen didn't pay it anymore mind than that, simply smiling to the woman before giving a wave to everyone saying, "good morning everyone." Getting closer to them all the girl smiled again, saying, "thank you for bringing us breakfast too. I hadn't even thought about what to do for food so this is a huge help." Fen knew that the others weren't here yet and thus it was rude to start breakfast without them. Yet, in spite of the calm expression on her face, the girl seemed to be slowly inching towards the food trays. 

"One good thing about being a sorcerer...the ability to use magic to assist in every day tasks."

"Well aren't you a little homebody; I'm sure the ladies love these handy little tricks don't they?" Salvo tilted her head as she watched the trays magically lift themselves up and onto the table. "I might have to ask Bethany if her magic can do stuff like this too. Bet that'd make things at home a lot easier." she glanced back at Natasha who was giving her a frown and shook her head when their eyes met. Salvo laughed. "Aha, yeah, maybe I shouldn't on second thought."

Her attention was taken by the young lady who quietly and politely greeted them. "Ah, Natasha, that's the cute little nun girl I told you about." Salvo waved at her and then gestured to Natasha. "Sometime you gotta tell me what God is like in your world. From the looks of it they're not much different than in mine but can never be sure. Natasha here's what's called a Paladin in her world. But her Goddess is a heck of a lot different than what I'm used to. A lot more smiting, even if you take into account the old book, for one."

Natasha smiled warmly at Melissa but, realizing she probably didn't want to be fussed over, let her attention wander to Fen instead.

Natasha approached her as the girl mentioned not being sure what to do about food and pointed at herself, then the food, and then at Fen with a questioning look. Realizing her intent might not have gotten across she raised up her watch, typed something in, and pushed something so that a small projection popped up with the words "I could teach you sometime."

After a bit Salvo looked around and said "There should be more of you; d'ya want me to go up and get them?" she had a grin on her face as if eager to get the okay to go wake them up herself.