Nico

D4DJ First Mix

D4DJ: First Mix

Bando but with DJs.

Finally! This must be the last thing of the season to air! And as much as I actually like to watch things as they air, I wasn't gonna watch the week early broadcast if it means waiting longer after already starting it. Probably the last music related thing I thought could be Japanese school girl-ified, but here we are.

Interrupting Maho [Ran]'s PA DJing like that was not very not bad! I wonder what banana juice is like... funny Rinku was given that after how much she talked about monkeys. We all need one of her in our lives though, in the practice booth she looked like she was having the time of her life, and Maho sure followed suit in the ED~

THIS JUST IN: Karin Kagami, seiyuu of Maho, will be voicing the same character in the English dub! I can see how rare and wild that is, and I've never experienced anything like it before apart from using the same recordings of Pokemon, so this really has me wanting to check out a dub for the first time in a while. She sounds good speaking English!

Episode 2

Spoiler

Planet Usamin could tell that they're missing something crucial from that poster, and she sure can't get Rinku outta her mind~ Seeing what she can do~ Though Rinku & Maho are already plenty cute together, so I might just have a yuri harem ship here...

Wow that ED wasn't an ep 1 exclusive thing? It transitioned so well from what happened at the end, I'm surprised. But certainly not complaining. Serious top ED sequence of the year potential with that one, heh.

Celery. Why Celery? Because she likes it? Celery & Skoppy peanut butter?! In anime?! Yes please.

Episode 3

Spoiler

Childhood friends spotted! Aw, I expected Rinku wouldn't remember, but how cute~. Seems like the actual main reason Bunbun took such an interest in Rinku is because they've finally reunited, but she's taking so long to approach and is being super awkward about it, so thinking in terms of BanG Dream!. she's pretty much the Arisa of the group. Took some real cursed imagery to get her off her butt! And she has quite the setup for digital art. Cute girl drawing.... is she a bit of an... otaku? For once wearing bunny ears because of something like that would actually be something of a change.

Episode 4

Wow what long pauses, I thought I accidentally paused it. lmao, Nyochio. Rei has that Rinko-type speech mannerism, but is not that shy. Nice elegance to compliment the rest of the squad, and is still quite cute to boot.

Episode 5

The eye twitch... the level of detail! Crazy! I like you, Muni-chan! Localizing that one line to reference Halloween was a little much, I mean how many people watching this wouldn't know what cosplay is?

Spoiler

You can tell how different she Rei is to the closest BanG Dream! girl I could think of all the more, she really has not played a game before. Because of Muni's extreme shyness and stage fright at first, idk about her being the one with biggest stage fright like Rinko, but that part is still very similar.

Episode 6

Spoiler

I know the previous episode and her profile image already shows, but damn Muni-chan. We all know how Awesome!!!! junk food can be, but you need your gosh darn tootin' veggies! Put them in your mouth! 

Childhood friends are relating when it comes to procrastinating by playing games? Yo bet. 

Real curry beef stew will get her those veggies, let's goooo!

It took way too long to go out and buy just a couple of things, what happened to studying?

Take note Muni-chan, jealously only breeds embarrassment.

Episode 7

Is that one of those concentrated Pepsis, or just an energy drink? 

Spoiler

Pfft okay. At least Rinku knew Jingle Bells. Her pissed off eating is adorable... lotta food though. 

Shinobu... she doesn't even know what you mean to her? I jsut luv those sweet coincidences... it's a Christmas miracle...

Edited by Nico

Episode 8

Spoiler

I guess you could say Maho is having a very not-quite not bad time (gotcha!), imagining Rinku is to them what a gacha game is in fact what they were talking about. Again with the gacha! Rinku is terrible at keeping a secret, but that's exactly why the misunderstanding just continues to grow, oh no!~

Sneezed hankey in the face. ew! Go on, take up the offer to go in to at least wash your face. 

Episode 9

Spoiler

Muni-chan dying! Dying! Dying! I know that feel. Next time, learn from your mistakes and make sure those kinds of notifications don't pop up like that when playing a game. Some intellectual, LOL! Here's hoping Rei sing gets them the win. I am wondering if doing things that way makes the song they sing for the one-on-one seem too similar to Photon Maiden's image. Does Hina (Towa) interact with them next episode? 

Episode 10

Spoiler

Ew! Even Maho's heart gets the shivers! That's so cool. But what's even coolers is (not) Ring Fit Adventure. Muni has a fitness game and only beat the tutorial. Could be me. 

Excuse me but Rinku? Halfsies? No way that exists in her vocabulary. She's gonna eat at least a whole other meal to go with I'm sure, but at least Towa and her both get to try that limited time menu item. And of course she could not fathom that Towa was an opponent for the Sunset Stage the entire time. Happy Ara FTW!

Episode 11

Spoiler

Saki proves to be the most adorable thing in the show... wow. I'm so glad they're following Roselia & everything by making Photo Maiden so much more than their image... being while cool, is not totally my preferred stuff. I was already a fan of Towa, though.

Edited by Nico

Episode 12

Spoiler

As impulsive as it is, including a rap does make a good amount of sense... but I can only see Rinku doing it. Maaaaybe Maho, sure as shit not Rei, and bugging Muni about it is seriously so funny. 

"Y-You might not know what it's from." Oooooooohh. After my first thought of her maybe being otaku, Muni only really showed the cuteness & graphics part of her artistic knowledge, but she still stayed bad at athletics and had poor (read: amazing) taste in food, so I had hope~

*sniff* saddest... rap... ever... ๐·°(৹˃̵﹏˂̵৹)°·๐

Everything was happy ever around. Also, funny little sub thing: When saying "BanG Dream!" in Japanese, they of course say bang dream, because it's spelled in the alphabet. But even though that part of Rinku's rap was in Japanese, the meaning was fit enough to localize it as "and make our dreams a bang."

Episode 13

Spoiler

Muni-chan needs to stap with the cherry coke. Taking a sip right after practice... it's not a sports drink... # of times this episode: 2

Rinku Muni-scent fetish... oh yes. Or just being nervous... sure.

The day of the Sunset Stage qualifier, friendships were forged... okay, it was definitely before & after. But Photon Maiden lost to Happy Ara & still wanna cheer for them. Shinobu really does have a rival now too~

Really borked that they would choose not to sub a song this episode of all times, after the previous episode. I'd like to know what all of the rap means. 

Bring on the second season where

Spoiler

Peaky P-Key

fights Merm4id, Rondo & Lyrical Lily in the interschool tournament. As a franchise, I would wager they are attempting more than they should so soon, though. Because what the hell is the point of showing the old guy's old male team at the literal end, where you would normally try for sequel bait, if they weren't planning something as big as a male ver. game so soon? Kinda stupid, but for the show, it hit all the notes (or should I say beats, haha... I'll see myself out) for a 10/10 for me. Like I said elsewhere, it really saved 2020 for me, but 2021 comes along and kills things for me relatively unrelated to the pandemic. Still, if I can notice I can play the Tetris Theme on a mobile rhythm game, I'm happy all around.