radio414

radio414 rates music thread

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

That sure is an anime OP 7/10

OP Suggestion: French band "Bruit" ("noise" in French) had the courage to release a post rock album on the same day as GY!BE, which isn't surprising I guess -- there's a lot of music out there, you'll be clashing with someone eventually -- but what is surprising is how comparable the two feel. It's really good, especially for a debut album. The song suggested, though, isn't from the new album, but the first song I heard of theirs. 9.5/10, only quibble is with how it ends, even if it's to transition into the next song. 

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Qualms about video game osts outside of video games aside, pretty hype 7/10

5 hours ago, yui said:

8/10, I think. I like most of it but still not sure how I feel about the actual lyric structure even after a few listens.

OP Suggestion: "radio, it seems like you frequently default to chill, sometimes-indie-rock-sometimes-ambient-sometimes-in-between songs for this section" ya 'cause most of my listening time i try to do something else it turns out and songs like Boundaries are good for that 7/10

On 4/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, LordCowCow said:

The meter in the verses was a little distracting, maybe it's the mood I'm in, though, but I enjoyed it anyway 7.5/10

Have I done Jakob in this thread before? If I have, whatever I'm doing it again They're a post-rock band from New Zealand and they're great 8.5/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Whether I liked the fuzziness or not was kind of variable, but overall I enjoyed it 7.5/10

19 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

I feel like when remixing something as iconic as Mortal Kombat's main riff, you could stand to do a bit more than just stick it into a mid-tier brostep song. 6/10

OP Suggestion: Virginia Wing had a new album come out earlier this year and it's pretty fun. A touch more ethereal than normal indie rock that helps them stand out 7.5/10

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

the venn diagram of people who subtitle anime songs and people who use the font "jokerman" outside of logos intersections must be, like, two people

Vocals were good, piano was kina eh, but that makes me wonder what an a capella version would sound like (not the a capella of this specifically, but a new arrangement) 6.5/10

8 hours ago, The Frost King said:

That's a lot of ideas jammed into one character theme. One might even say too many ideas.

it's me. i'm one 6/10

OP suggestion: Have a time machine back to the eighties

I mean, the song itself has been around since the sixties but you know what I mean 7.5/10

On 4/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, LordCowCow said:

8/10 very fun, one might even say it slaps

18 hours ago, The Frost King said:

The strings at the beginning got me really hyped but the rest of the song just got me kind of sort of hyped, like, I can't maintain the level of hype it wants me to for five minutes 7/10

OP Suggestion: Have an eight-minute Belgian proggy jam, where it's the kind of prog rock revolving around nonsense syllables in the vocals, so even if you were from Belgium it would be incomprehensible 7.5/10

On 4/13/2021 at 3:56 AM, LordCowCow said:

Kind of annoying but I still feel like I liked it? Or maybe the annoying was part of the point? I dunno, but that sort of mixed feeling ended up 7/10 in my head so that's what I'll give it.

OP Suggestion: Speaking of "I guess I like" is the first single off Loraine James' upcoming album. Her bandcamp page describes the album as "a turbulent expression of inner space," and I can agree with that and respect the expression, even if the turbulence can make it sound off-putting the first few times the song plays 7/10

On 4/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, LordCowCow said:

Audio quality feels a little weird compared to other songs you've submitted like this, but I'm going to assume that's a youtube problem.

Not sure how I feel about the last third but I enjoyed it overall 6.5/10

17 minutes ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Don't think so.

not the most surprising thing Bowling for Soup has done a theme song for. 7/10

OP Suggestion: Someone needs to help the lazy eyes find their brains; almost seven minutes of psych rock very fun 8/10 

11 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

more candles than a phantom of the opera set

I kept feeling like I should be enjoying it more than I was, 5/10

OP Suggestion: English rock band Field Music has an album coming out next week so that's exciting, and this single is pretty fun 7.5/10 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, LordCowCow said:

i have questions about why the typographer consistently decided that orphans were okay but that's separate from the song, which is good except for the spoken word part of the breakdown 8/10

12 hours ago, yui said:

I admit I got mixed up with Lorde at first, which was a confusing thirty seconds.

A fun sort of 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: Nobody knows Chai is fun, which is a shame because they are fun. Here's them singing about how fun they are 7/10