radio414

radio414 rates music thread

17 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I liked the verses well enough, the chorus felt a bit weird though 7/10

OP Suggestion: It's been a bit since I've journeyed through The Quietus' list of albums for last year and I'm a little upset with myself that I waited this long because Katie Gately's "Loom" does not have a bad song on it. If I'm going to choose one to put here, though, it's got to be Waltz. It's a grieving song (well, they're all grieving songs) but it's not about grief, if that makes sense. Instead, it relies on its heavy atmosphere to convey its emotionality and that's something I've been enjoying a lot recently 10/10 

17 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

you did not mention

6/10 kinda in and out

also what are the glasses on glasses horse girl attatched to

OP Suggestion: If I said this band's name is "Blood Wizard," you'd probably think I was talking about some metal band, or at least some sort of heavier rock than they've ended up being, but maybe that unexpectedness is part of their aesthetic 7/10 

On 4/19/2021 at 7:00 PM, LordCowCow said:

I feel like I understand why this song was five minutes long, but that doesn't mean I think it should have been 5/10

23 hours ago, The Frost King said:

I'm back and forth here, between 6 and 7 so I'll split the difference I guess 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: I don't know if I've mentioned it before here: a lot of music is coming out all the time, but it seems like especially this year. I guess all the quarantine projects are running into album releases that got pushed back for those same reasons. Flock of Dimes has a new album, and this single's pretty fun alt-rock, if a bit long 7.5/10 

14 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

was trying to come up with a joke rating because of the numbers in the title that i had to look up the meaning of but 30/150 is too mean 7/10

7 hours ago, cr47t said:

7/10 a bit long for what it's doing, though, if that makes sense

Just now, The Frost King said:

Definitely feels like something that needs an anime going over top of it but 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: I know Goblin from their work in the Dario Argento movie Suspiria, though I did know they scored many of his other movies as well. This song off Deep Red's soundtrack got recommended to me, and while it's got the same "part of a soundtrack so something's expected to be on the screen" problem, it has a funky bop to it I'd like to share 7/10 

On 4/21/2021 at 8:34 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

7.5/10 probably, though parts of it were starting to wear on me on repeat listens.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:35 PM, LordCowCow said:

i mean, it looks like the video was uploaded in 2013 so maybe it was a different time

6/10 sounded like Lonely Island for a bit and got distracted. Not, like, by the content of the lyrics but how the vocalist sounded, that sort of shout-singing.

OP Suggestion: I guess putting each of these up is how I'm spending the opening to 2021.

I think I'm finally starting to understand this horse story, now I really can't wait for act four 8/10

11 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

"This video has been removed by the uploader" sorry

8 hours ago, The Frost King said:

If I personally were recreating a song into the Eurobeat genre, I would retake the vocals, because there's a specific "type" of voice associated with Eurobeat and this song doesn't have it 6/10

OP Suggestion: Spirit of the Beehive's new album is pretty good if you like indie rock. Songs fade into each other so it's difficult to pin down one specific song but I'm going to try anyway 7/10 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, LordCowCow said:

is this supposed to be a sin or a tragedy

testosterone and harlequins the two genders 7.5/10

22 hours ago, The Frost King said:

I don't play the game, so much of the effect is lost on me -- I don't have memories of going through whatever's going on here -- so this is a little generic 5.5/10

OP suggestion: Falling back to my standard ambient bleeps and bloops for this one. 7.5/10 

On 4/25/2021 at 3:27 AM, LordCowCow said:

First listen had me being really cynical with the song but I realized I should probably engage with it on its level rather than having it step down to mine. That being said, even doing that and listening a few more times, I'm already forgetting a lot of the song 6/10.

OP Suggestion: Young Knives' album from late last year was kind of hit or miss for me, but the song the album gets its name from is definitely a hit 8.5/10 

I don't understand the Youtube algorithm enough to know why this got recommended to me in April