radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 7/19/2021 at 12:01 AM, LordCowCow said:

"graduated" in quotes sounds very threatening they're not dead are they?

the bleeps were incredibly distracting, there's a reason most clean versions of songs just mute the vocals 5/10

OP Suggestion: I don't think I'm as high on William Doyle as, say, The Quietus, but he is nice to listen to when you're in the mood 7/10 

i decided to listen to your suggestion at the bottom of the last page and it reminded me of this so here you go

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

The screamy bit in the middle surprised me, not sure how I feel about it even knowing it's coming but overall I can dig it 7/10

14 hours ago, yui said:

had to double check what was on the last page lol but that makes sense 7.5/10

friendship ended with gy!be now silver mt. zion (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) is my new best friend 9/10

On 7/21/2021 at 9:46 PM, LordCowCow said:

This has definitely been on one of these threads before because I've definitely heard it before and thought "yeah that's going in the queue" but I'm not sure where it went or how to go looking for it anyway it's a banger 8.5/10

OP Suggestion: Are you in the mood for some French Canadian Folk? Because I am 8/10

On 7/22/2021 at 11:30 PM, LordCowCow said:

I'm not sure what the orchestra adds (okay I do, it adds a fullness to the sound; it's just that it's being fronted by the same loud electric guitar always present in the song that can make you forget it's there) but it's one of those classic Sonic songs for a reason 8/10

OP Suggestion: I feel like I didn't listen to enough of Algiers when There Is No Year came out because I started listening again and it rules? Ah well, at least I can catch up now 8.5/10

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Feels like something I'd have to be in a certain mood to listen to more of but fortunately I'm in that mood today 7/10

OP Suggestion: A similar mood required, even if it's a significantly different song 7/10 

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I can never keep these 2000's era bands straight in my head anyway. Song's fine, 6 or 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Back on a city pop kick, have some of that 7/10 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, LordCowCow said:

Much chiller intro than I was expecting but it hit its groove quick 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: just gonna preempt the inevitable follow-up, also a 6.5/10 

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Pretty fun, can't believe he lost that fight after a whole song hyped him up though 7/10

OP Suggestion: have a proc fiskal song that is both chill and very active and that's a hard mix to manage 7/10 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, LordCowCow said:

there isn't any digimon digital monsters digimon are the champions going on here at all what the heck

Gave it a couple listens, never really got used to the opening or bridge sections but was fine I suppose 6/10

OP Suggestion: Got sent another one of these, not really my thing but still feel it's my duty to pass on to the rest of you. 5.5/10 

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

before watching: does she do the cups

after watching: suppose that's the limitations of vtube rigs rip nice cover still 7/10

OP Suggestion: This got recommended to me as the album part of a multimedia project telling the same story, and while I haven't quite explored the other aspects of the project the album is pretty good 7.5/10

On 7/30/2021 at 6:34 PM, LordCowCow said:

oh no now it's stuck in my head curses the consequences of my own actions

But yeah I hadn't actually heard this in a while glad to hear it's as hammy as I remember it 6.5/10

On 7/31/2021 at 9:35 AM, yui said:

read the title as "energy smenergy" for a second

Not positive, even after a few listens, that the song needed to be four minutes long (though I guess it is an extended version) but I still enjoyed those listens so 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: to be played rather loudly (though not too loudly i know that's the meme with mbv but i don't want you getting tinnitus just listening to a shoegaze track in the comfort of your own home) 7.5/10