radio414

radio414 rates music thread

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

It was only a few weeks ago that I found out most of the songs in the movie are, like, 15-20 years older than the movie itself. This one is fine, though it obviously needs choreography to go along with it (like the Fred Astaire one a page or two ago) 6/10

OP Suggestion: have a proggy, shoegazey sort of track with a band name that lies to you 7/10 

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

cool song cool dance 7/10

not sure about those outfits tho

a friend of mine introduced bjork by saying "she slapped a guy who said 'welcome to bangkok'" which was a weird non-sequitur but sure i guess i like bjork now 7.5/10 

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

are there songs for the other eleven months of the year or does guilty gear have a different calendar? 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Here's an interesting one I came across. It starts as this majestic instrumental score before adding in a breakbeat. The way I described that, it probably sounds like a five minute song or something, but it's just barely two. 6.5/10, though this particular upload is kind of bad (couldn't find a better one immediately, sorry) so maybe take off another half-point for that. 

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

okay but isn't this song really creepy in the context of the rest of that movie?

I guess in a vacuum it's fine 6/10

OP suggestion: I'm not actually sure how to describe this song. It's a bassline with some spoken word and then it suddenly isn't anymore? I mean, I dig it 7/10 

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

cool 7/10 but charge your camera battery please

OP Suggestion: Zoon's been nominated for the Polaris prize (big Canada music prize) and I kind of hope they win because this blew me away when I first heard it 8.5/10 

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

is there a blue like violets song

"all credit goes to rooster teeth, monty oum, jeff williams, casey williams, and the artist" *doesn't mention the artist at any point in the description or the video, and the source links only go to the image, not the tumblr or deviantart pages*

6.5/10, some of the middle lyrics were a bit questionable but overall fun

OP Suggestion: New Lingua Ignota soon? Don't mind if I do. This one's inspired by a mine fire that's going to burn for another 250 years! 7.5/10

On 8/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

song is more "get up off that high horse" than any other lyric combined lmao

but sure 6/10

OP Suggestion: Have a dark, brooding, overbearing song that also happens to be a magic the gathering reference. I mean, that shouldn't bias me, but it probably does. It's gotten better with every listen for me, I don't know what to tell you 10/10

On 8/10/2021 at 2:57 AM, LordCowCow said:

It's kind of weird but parts of sounded like Angels on My Side by Rick Astley. Which is fine, I mean, I like that song, just something that stood out to me. 7/10

18 hours ago, yui said:

disappointed there wasn't a choir behind him singing "with the fur" but nobody's perfect, i guess 6/10

OP Suggestion: My dad insisted that I listen to this post-olympics and so now I do the same to you (i mean, or not. i'm not your dad) 7/10

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

everybody says highwayman but nobody ever says howareyouwayman

Pretty good 7.5/10 was left a little wanting for a conclusion more than "and I'll keep coming back" but maybe that's the point too.

OP Suggestion: A little bleepy and bloopy combined with some nice vocals 7.5/10 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, LordCowCow said:

dang i wonder what kind of song this is

6.5/10 Nice, but a bit too short to be more than that.

14 hours ago, cr47t said:

I'm always curious about remasters of songs like these because I always thought part of the aesthetic was in sounding dirty, and remasters have a reputation for muddying things up. This one is fine, though, mostly because it's not much different. I'm not an audiophile, though; much of my music experience growing up was passable .mp3s on bad headphones.

Anyway 7/10 sure

OP Suggestion: For a song about being haunted, Emma-Jean Thackray sure sounds upbeat, probably one of the happier songs about being haunted, tbh 7.5/10