radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 10/10/2021 at 3:08 AM, LordCowCow said:

6.5/10 one might even say it's... haunting

7 hours ago, cr47t said:

it's good but it's not tony-award winning musical good if you get my drift 7/10

OP Suggestion: guess it falls on me to rate this song oops. It's an oddly hypnotic song; the spoken-word vocals draw attention to themselves, and the reurring motif has stuck with me for a while after now 7.5/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i cannot look at amy lee in this album cover and not think of ebony darkness raven way

6.5/10 tho, pretty goff

OP Suggestion: Similar to last suggestion in that it has spoken word vocals for parts and deep down it probably has similar feelings about the systems surrounding it, but dissimilar basically everywhere else 7/10 

On 10/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, LordCowCow said:

Not sure how I feel about the first half but the second half made up for it so it rounds out to 7/10

OP Suggestion: This song (specifically this remix) just popped into my head today out of nowhere, so now here it is shared with all of you 8/10

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 almost a proper spooky with a k

OP Suggestion: to quote the top youtube comment: "What you're gonna want to do is take a repeating bass line and throw in some palm muted arpeggios. Next a 4/4 beat with a groove to be added slowly but consistently until the melody comes in small hits. Then tiny whisk until homogeneous"

and yeah, it slaps 7.5/10

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

well i certainly feel blursed

good joke doesn't overstay its welcome 7/10

OP Suggestion: This is another of those "I went back to an album I hadn't listened to in two years or so and oh wait this album still slaps" sort of suggestion. You pop this album in and the first words out of your mouth are the band name 8/10 

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Feels like it should be an electro swing but is relying a bit too much on the electro. Not that that's the biggest criticism -- genre is a lie anyways. 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: another shout-out to the guy who keeps emailing me thinking i'm a peruvian radio station because yes it is that easy to get me to pass on music. Song starts at 3:58 6.5/10 

On 10/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

"rapper idol is an oxymoron" just like rain on a wedding day

6.5/10

16 minutes ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Okay, I understand that the reason for this trope is that distant or entirely missing fathers is a common experience and a product of the work culture cultivated by America for at least a century and there's a lot we could talk about there, but in terms of media analysis, singing about how daddy never came to your ball games is so old and so laughable that satirists like Tim Minchin have used it for comedy and I can't take it seriously 3/10

OP Suggestion: I still need to listen to Little Simz's new album but here's the song that got me to notice her in the first place 8/10

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 funky beat and good vocal meter

12 hours ago, yui said:

guy looks like exactly who you think would be singing spooky scary skellingtons except normally when he does it he's frowning 7/10

8 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

Ehhh it's fine I just wasn't really a fan 5.5/10

OP Suggestion: Revisiting music from even further back in my listening history and remembered this chill mix someone recommended to me. 8/10 

Edited by radio414

On 10/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, LordCowCow said:

good spooky atmosphere 6.5/10

3 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

but has lily ever caught a good guy? like a real superhero? has she ever tried a disguise?

7/10

OP Suggestion: update i have now listened to little simz's new album and it slaps like the first song is this and it just keeps that pace for most of the rest of the album (and it's intentional when it doesn't) 8.5/10 

On 10/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

6.5/10 good but not as good, i guess, idk

On 10/25/2021 at 2:36 AM, LordCowCow said:

6/10 I liked it but I felt it dragged its premise out, yes i know the song is only two minutes but a lot of it is "there are ghosts about but they're fake"

OP Suggestion: Have some difficult to listen to yet fascinating music tonight. Maybe it counts as spooky? I'm going to say it counts as spooky. I mean, its title is about being buried, right? 6.5/10