radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 11/21/2021 at 3:13 AM, LordCowCow said:

Hmmmmm kind of 6/10 sort of feeling from this one, neat to see body artists and contortionists getting work though

OP Suggestion: New Idles (sorry, IDLES) is pretty good if you like raspy voices and turning wheels. 7/10 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, LordCowCow said:

she has the same energy as that guy who plays pretends to play piano for a teacher and then makes jokes about how he didn't do the actual assignment

5/10 technically impressive but not really my thing

OP Suggestion: I'm not sure what shade of -wave this is but I do know that I like it 7.5/10

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

This feels like something I would have a visceral reaction to back in middle/high school if only because of its constant airtime. I was surprised to find out it only came out in 2019. Anyway, now I think it's just okay 5/10

OP Suggestion: i assume this is exactly what Mandy IN sounds like and nothing can change my mind. just drumbeat all the time and speaking in languages foreign to me 7/10 

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i figure the cropping is less the anime aesthetic and more a "youtube don't content id me i've been trying to upload this for days now" aesthetic but i'm going to pretend otherwise

anyway is pretty good 7/10

OP Suggestion: are you bout it? are you? 7.5/10

17 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Oh I remember this, even if I don't remember what I said about it besides "i'm a sucker for those violins" 6.5 or 7/10 depending on my mood

OP Suggestion: new cate le bon, which i believe is french for "cate the bon", though cate is welsh so maybe that doesn't land. anyway 7/10 

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I think I cut myself on that edge.

Going to assume the last 20-30 seconds make more sense on the album so 7.5/10 (otherwise 7/10)

OP Suggestion: I like this song but I also feel like it's dragging me into a cult idk 7.5/10 

On 12/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, LordCowCow said:

this is, like, just a touch of brass away from being a eurobeat song and now i can't help but think of robots drifting around corners oh no help 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: damon albarn has a new album out and it's pretty good i guess 7/10 

On 12/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, LordCowCow said:

is this your mythical "good version"

7.5/10 pretty good

OP Suggestion: Faust has a new song, so if you like experimental, long, and German (by which I mean the band is German -- the lyrics are in English), boy howdy do I have the song for you 7.5/10

On 12/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, LordCowCow said:

I'm not sure if I just don't like Simple and Clean or if, because I'm not a Kingdom Heart (or whatever the fandom name is), and don't immediately know every part of the song down to the most minute detail, the video's not really "for" me, but either way 3/10

OP Suggestion: found another electronic artist to veg out to 7/10 

On 12/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

i admit i got a little distracted by the piano sounding similar to other songs but was fine 6/10

The Soil & The Sun describes themselves as "experimental folk rock" and while it's more folk than experimental, this song does have a few twists in there to keep it interesting despite being almost seven minutes long 7.5/10