radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 1/30/2022 at 4:30 AM, LordCowCow said:

it's weird i was just trying to recall what this little jerk sounded like because i'd definitely heard it before and yet, somehow, it had escaped my memory. this one feels like a first draft which is fair because it's got big shitpost energy, but with a little fine tuning and maybe focusing on some specific ideas could be even cooler 7/10

OP Suggestion: big Squid energy on this one, but with a harder edge to it, perhaps evidenced by the band name and song title. 7.5/10 

Edited by radio414

On 1/31/2022 at 6:41 PM, LordCowCow said:

she's really named "milky queen" huh

Not sure if it's the cover specifically or just the song being good (yes i checked the link in the description) but I enjoyed it 8/10

On 2/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, yui said:

does this play during the end credits of this arc? like, the song is fine if a bit long, but the comments section reads like I need some additional context from critically acclaimed mmo final fantasy xiv free up to level sixty that i just don't have. i mean, i feel the same way about coo's song from half minute hero the second coming, so i get it, but 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: yeah i'll put my money where my mouth is devoid of the context of ten to fifteen hours of play this is 6.5/10 to me

Edited by radio414

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

the thumbnail is wrong that should be "clique" not "click" song ruined

More seriously, the description says "not my favorite of [mcr's] but still good" and that's kinda how I feel about it too 7/10

OP Suggestion: have some chill vibes to keep in the background tonight 7/10

right so idolmaster cinderella girls has that popularity poll thing i mentioned before and each year they do a song with the top 5 winners, here was last one

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

is there drama in the story, like, is one character ever "why don't the fans think i'm as cool as so-and-so" or is it just an honor to be nominated

6/10 kinda just "there" for me

1 minute ago, yui said:

it was mutations of waters of nazareth that got me into justice, actually. 8.5/10

OP Suggestion: as a counter to last suggestion of long chill vibes have some short chill vibes 7/10

On 2/5/2022 at 4:01 AM, LordCowCow said:

I'm sure a version of this that wasn't uploaded over a decade ago would sound better but this is not that version, just sounds kinda messy and jumbled 4/10

hell yeah black country new road get that bread

More seriously I wrote in my top 10 list last year that I bounced off of For The First Time, but their new album, Ants From Up There rules 8/10

On 2/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, LordCowCow said:

I liked the beginning and ending bits more than the song in between, though it was still kinda fun overall 6.5/10

On 2/8/2022 at 2:20 AM, yui said:

This one feels at once like a medley of different songs and not a medley at all. Kind of interesting but still around 6.5/10 for me.

OP Suggestion: gonna be so busy these next few days there might as well be a holiday coming up (oh hey actually there is wild) 7/10

Edited by yui

On 2/10/2022 at 3:42 AM, LordCowCow said:

7.5/10 not much to say about this one was just "yeah pretty good"

On 2/12/2022 at 1:28 PM, yui said:

the video's really going to end mid-measure like that huh

7/10 despite that tho

OP Suggestion: shhhh this one is a secret don't tell the band how i found this one ok 7/10 though it took a bit to grow on me

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i mean there was that song jonathan did for kaldheim, right? so not without precedent

5.5/10 I assume the other songs on the album cover other parts of kamigawa's evolution but "it's been 1200 years and now there's neon" doesn't feel like a lot to go on for three minutes and change.

OP Suggestion: new halsey was produced by trent reznor and atticus ross and you can really tell with that fuzz going on in the background 7.5/10

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

wow speaking of bad subtitles those ones at the beginning are unreadable

they settled down after that and it's a 7.5/10 song but still

OP Suggestion: The indie rock foray continues in a slightly shoegaze direction 7.5/10

Edited by radio414