radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 3/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, LordCowCow said:

shoutout to the time users on thatgamecompany forums successfully identified and translated the lyrics to this before austin had the chance to post them

anyway journey soundtrack was my first "oh this game soundtrack actually bangs" so i definitely have some history there 8/10

OP Suggestion: sometimes you just have to rhyme "hippopotamus" with "hieronymous" okay 7.5/10

Edited by radio414

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

6.5/10 not a lot to say about this one

1 hour ago, The Frost King said:

It felt like it wanted to get a bit more energy at places but was constrained by, you know, being a video game soundtrack song. That said, I've given 7/10 for similar so there you go.

OP Suggestion: Found this Trinidadian jam session a few weeks ago and it's just come up on the queue to share again, pretty fun, though the audio quality is a bit sketch due to the upload date 7/10

On 3/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

Biggest two thoughts were "Hey that's interesting that she's got a lower voice, I thought it was going to go up higher" and "wow what a weird ending" 7/10

OP Suggestion: one of those long ones to have in the background. i blinked and eight minutes were gone 7/10 

On 4/4/2022 at 1:26 AM, LordCowCow said:

"not gameplay footage" cowards

gives me "dummy!" from undertale vibes but i'm not sure if that's because they sound similar or if i'm like that guy who has only seen boss baby

8/10

OP Suggestion: an epic orchestral piece but made entirely out of synths, pretty fun 7.5/10

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

the paintings are arranged like they're nemuro memorial hall

7/10 liked the opening more than the rest but the rest was pretty good too

OP Suggestion: some good long and windy (like, winding path, not air current) stuff to do literally anything else to 7/10

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I'm a sucker for big band aesthetic 8.5/10

OP Suggestion: did you know gotye has more than one song? Wild. This one kind of slaps and doesn't sound like what they're known for at all. 8/10

On 4/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, yui said:

you can't tell me what to do

8/10 memes 6/10 song

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 not a bad earworm

OP Suggestion: Part nine-minute electronic exploration of sound, part ramble about the nature of the beginning of the universe that changes things up just enough to stay interesting 7.5/10

On 4/28/2022 at 10:05 PM, LordCowCow said:

7.5/10 especially enjoyed when the cymbals came in

OP Suggestion: I'm only submitting the first song in this album; it's the only place I could find it on Youtube. That being said, the whole album is good too if you're looking. It's in that "always staying interesting" zone like Tarot Sport or a Boards of Canada song 8.5/10

8 hours ago, yui said:

8/10 show offs...

OP Suggestion: If Soccer96 is gonna keep making new music even after last year's banger of an album I'm not gonna complain 8/10

8 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7.5/10 good cover

OP Suggestion: Went on a folk music dive and everyone was suggesting the chieftains so now I'm passing it on to you 7.5/10

do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviors Nald'thal?