radio414

radio414 rates music thread

2 hours ago, yui said:

lyrics are kinda ehh, feels like they're trying to jam specific phrases into the meter, but also i did listen for the instrumental bits like five or six times so 7.5/10 overall

OP Suggestion: I don't really have a good way to describe this song other than it's just so *cool*. Even when it dissolves into wobble bass wubs, it just oozes coolness 8/10

On 5/31/2022 at 12:11 PM, LordCowCow said:

these girls look really healthy for being dead good for them

7.5/10 don't have a good rationale today just has good vibes

OP Suggestion: This band's been sitting in my inbox for a while which is weird because I think this is the first one I've legit enjoyed. The name certainly helps. 7.5/10

14 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

6.5-7/10 depending on the listen

OP suggestion: Did Mogwai know how memey this title would sound when they made it nineteen years ago? Someone should ask them. At least the song is good 7/10 

On 6/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

This is like only a single step higher than a Puddle Pity Party cover. Not a bad thing, just a thought I had. 7/10

OP Suggestion: New Mountain Goats looks to be another concept album about 80s movies. "I'm doing this for revenge!" hell yeah 7.5/10 

20 hours ago, yui said:

wow how come i don't get an "it's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere?"

i don't know whether to make a "milky way and the galaxy girls" joke or an "interplanet janet" joke so just know that i thought of them 7.5/10 pretty fun love fighting off ennui

OP Suggestion: Sault really swerved genres into classical-adjacent when I wasn't looking, huh? Not that I mind, they're still really cool 7.5/10

it's time to get weird

On 6/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, yui said:

Feels like this could have been expanded out to three minutes, honestly. I know it's part of the point but I would have liked to see each segment get a little more time to breathe. Maybe I've just been listening to too much Fucked Up. 6/10

OP Suggestion: If you ever want songs about Blaseball and don't already know about The Garages, well, let me introduce you to The Garages (though perhaps this is not the song to do that with since most of their songs are... not like this) 7.5/10 

On 6/18/2022 at 1:38 AM, LordCowCow said:

7.5/10 pretty cool

OP Suggestion: New Perfume Genius album is also pretty cool must be a pretty cool thing going around rn 7.5/10

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

did not realize who was singing until i saw the youtube channel oops

"perishing alt-rock voice" is not the genre i'd expect from them interesting 7/10

OP Suggestion: Kevin Morby's new album is good, lots of wailing into the microphone with a maximalist amount of instrumentals in the background, super fun 7.5/10

On 6/23/2022 at 1:15 PM, LordCowCow said:

7/10 though felt a lot shorter than it was

14 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

eerily familiar 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: It starts a bit diffent than the one by the same artist I sent Cow, but soon settles into a funk worth checking out 8/10

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 but not super memorable outside of a few moments of the chorus

OP Suggestion: You know, naming a song this seems like a bad idea. You're just opening yourself up for the obvious joke. 7/10 fortunately 

only video of this i could find don't mind the copyright protection foreground or w/e

i said they were magic, well, that whole stage just sort of...appeared before her performance

On 6/27/2022 at 11:10 PM, LordCowCow said:

is having the song about how great you are be really short a flex or telling on yourself? experts are still trying to decide

performance is pretty magic tho 7/10

OP Suggestion: new carpenter brut happened when i wasn't looking and yeah it's more carpenter brut idk what you expected here

i guess some of these have vocals that's pretty neat 8/10