radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 8/19/2022 at 11:11 PM, LordCowCow said:

8/10 rather nice

OP Suggestion: "During China's Great Leap Forward citizens were instructed to, believing that it would make their harvest more bountiful, make large amounts of noise to keep sparrows from nesting, eventually driving the birds to death by exhaustion" what the fuck

anyway have a song about that 8/10 yes all the songs on the album are that long

On 8/23/2022 at 8:09 PM, yui said:

a more cohesive bill wurtz song than normal wow 7/10

OP Suggestion: Two-time Hugo Award Nominee Doctor Chuck Tingle was excited to post this the other day so now I guess we know what type of music he listens to. Given that he plays Dead by Daylight to calm down this fits in line rather well, I think 7/10 for me though

On 8/25/2022 at 4:15 PM, yui said:

Sure, feels like a downtempo Persona 5 song 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Got a few more in my "suspiciously like a radio email address" recently, here's one 4.5/10 i guess i find some music insufferable no matter the language but it has loads of views so maybe you'll like it.

On 9/10/2022 at 2:03 PM, LordCowCow said:

Not the song I was expecting after seeing the picture of silver standing there menacingly but maybe the song I needed 6/10

OP Suggestion: New Jockstrap album is out and it's good and it's called "I Love You Jennifer B" which is a banger album name 8/10

On 9/17/2022 at 11:13 PM, yui said:

big band is fun, song felt like it was circling the same stuff the first verse did tho 6.5/10

On 9/22/2022 at 2:33 AM, LordCowCow said:

feels like the musical version of frog and toad where the birds are like a greek chorus singing about the changing of the seasons at the start and end of each act

fall's a good season 7/10

OP Suggestion: new comet is coming isn't coming it's here wow get ready for more king shabaka saxophone 7.5/10

On 9/28/2022 at 1:30 AM, LordCowCow said:

feels kinda basic but not in a bad way or anything 6/10

On 9/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, yui said:

i think if you told me this was made on an nes sound card i would have called you a liar 8.5/10

OP Suggestion: Did I post about King Gizzard having like three albums coming out this month? Because that's happening. Somehow. Ice V/10

On 10/1/2022 at 7:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

Cool rap 6.5/10

On 10/3/2022 at 10:18 AM, Mr Spaz said:

interesting subject matter for a band whose reuinification was pretty celebrated but has some cool moments 6.5/10

On 10/6/2022 at 1:25 AM, yui said:

you're lucky i spent the last three weeks innoculating myself to metal growls but 7/10

OP Suggestion: Bad Apples no not that one i already rated that one don't try and get cute on me 7/10

On 10/19/2022 at 1:39 AM, LordCowCow said:

A little overwhelming but cute 7/10

OP Suggestion: new fucked up new fucked up and i can't link the music video because it's age restricted but it's gaaaaaaay 7.5/10

On 11/2/2022 at 12:53 AM, LordCowCow said:

I liked it more than I thought I would, almost wish it was even more aggressive though. 8/10

OP Suggestion: pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs 7.5/10

On 11/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, LordCowCow said:

Something was bothering me about the lyrics and I couldn't put my finger on it until a few listens: it's abab rhyming except for the first and last lines of the chorus which throws in an extra "ead" and an extra "ied/ight" line respectively. The rest of it is cool, though 6/10

On 11/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Not the best Saint Motel song but a good one 7/10

OP Suggestion: been getting into dry cleaning's latest album again., the lyrics still barely make sense but they're nice to listen to 7.5/10