radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 2/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, LordCowCow said:

Not using vocals, while standard for future bass, is a coward's move but I like future bass enough to say 7/10 anyway

On 2/7/2021 at 2:54 PM, yui said:

About as long as it needs to be 8/10

21 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I had this Christmas ornament growing up that played this song when you pressed a button. Obviously this was the biggest mistake my parents ever made because it played constantly. In its final years the song became slowly more and more distorted until it was practically unrecognizeable outside of maybe the first few notes, but we still pressed it onwards and I have immense nostalgia for it 7/10

OP Suggestion: Here's a nineteen (19) minute song at least partly about a horse 7.5/10

On 2/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, LordCowCow said:

the weeknd isn't even the best actor playing themselves in hit adam sandler comedy uncut gems how weird is that 8/10

OP Suggestion: Black Country, New Road is a band that's done a lot of performances with Black Midi, and one can definitely see the similiarities, though fortunately for Black Country, New Road, their vocalist isn't as... divisive. 8/10

On 2/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, LordCowCow said:

If anyone was going to remix Friday in the year of our Lord 2021 it would be a hyperpop producer like Dorian Electra. The genre's not really my thing outside of, like, a "Hm! I get what they were going for," reaction or jokingly asking how many "gecs" a song is, but it's, you know, it's fine. 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: All the spanish language bands in my inbox besides Tres Minutos have apparently ended up in my spam folder. Here's one I caught before emptying it 6/10

5 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Feels like the ending theme to something, but it didn't really stick with me much besides that. 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Kathleen's "The Longest Year" was released *before* everything shut down. I mean, 2020 was a garbage year even before that but most of us didn't even know how bad it might be back in early March 7.5/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

dang classic right there 9/10

3 hours ago, yui said:

Fun eurobeat 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: Number 64 on The Quietus' best album list of last year is Lorenzo Senni's "Scacco Matto" which is an album full of bleeps and bloops and, as you can see by the title of this particular song, a bit of a sense of humor. 8.5/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Was better on the second listen but still not really my thing I guess 7/10

OP Suggestion: Found Gasper Nali a few days ago and fell in love with him and his Babatoni bass guitar. 8/10

On 2/15/2021 at 12:38 AM, LordCowCow said:

Opening riff had me thinking of a different song, but I can't think of what it might be. Song's fine regardless 7/10

44 minutes ago, yui said:

Cute 7.5/10, would probably be more if it was a bit longer.

OP suggestion: Badge Epoch Ensemble's bandcamp describes this album as "jazz funk x mysticism" and you know what? I dig it. 7.5/10

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Took me a second to get used to the vocals but came out 8/10

12 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

6.5/10 I guess? I enjoyed it but maybe having to skip two minutes into the video to get to the actual song for relistens soured my taste a bit.

OP Suggestion: Pye Corner Audio's here with a relatively simple song that still manages to build on itself in some interesting ways 8/10 

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I listened a few times and each time I kept thinking "okay this time it will be better" but I kept coming out of it with an "ehhhhhh" sort of feeling 6/10

OP Suggestion: Yeah snow bad or whatever but this song's pretty good 7.5/10

On 2/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, LordCowCow said:

Is it blasphemy if I say I liked the music more than the vocals? Sorry, Sammy 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: When I was told to listen to all 10 minutes of this song, there was some big "do it you coward" energy behind it. I mean, it's pretty aggressive math rock, so I see where they're coming from, but hey, I like math rock. Plus, if you make it far enough, Alan Watts shows up! 8.5/10