radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 3/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, LordCowCow said:

i dread the day this artist dies because it will be half actual mourning and half pulp fiction jokes. not sure which side i'll be on, either 8/10

OP Suggestion: Everyone congratulate Wobbly on hitting their 1,000,000,000,000th riff very impressive 7.5/10 though, definitely not for everyone 

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I dunno, didn't feel significantly different from the original 6/10

OP Suggestion: So this song is one eight-minute-long jam, like, there are vocals and I'm sure they're meaningful but the mastering makes it clear that they aren't the focal point. Honestly, I'm here for it, and the ending's pretty catchy once you get there 8/10

i know you didn't care much for the exhausted (foos) slowed reverb video I posted, but i think this is at least slightly a better example

Edited by cr47t

On 3/17/2021 at 11:19 PM, LordCowCow said:

youtube disabled comments on all the bot-uploaded music but i guarantee that the top few for this would be "like if you knew this was a cover," "nice but not trent reznor's," and "if ur listening to this in 2021 ur a legend" so you know, absolute banger 9/10

19 hours ago, cr47t said:

3/10 for the exact same reasons as last time except emphasized even more because I actually listen to Tame Impala semi-regularly

OP Suggestion: Tune-yards has a new album coming out next week so let's listen to one of the songs they've released already 8/10

On 3/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

I kept expecting it to go a little harder than it did, like, even during relistens I was just like, "Okay, but what if...?" 6.5/10

On 3/20/2021 at 8:11 AM, cr47t said:

the most impressive part of tame impala is that first word, "tame". feral impalas are a dime a dozen, but it takes a lot of work to housebreak one so good on kevin parker 7.5/10

OP Suggetion: Dang remember Studio Killers? I just did, but in doing so I found out I'd been misremembering their lyrics for, like, eight years. Anyway Jenny was, is, and always will be a bop 8.5/10

On 3/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, Mr Spaz said:

kind of weird how a two-minute song got looped two and a half times but the song's iconic for a reason 7/10

On 3/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, LordCowCow said:

rip avicii, sorry i never learned to say your name right until you died 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: I don't think I've posted any long, calm bleeps and bloops sort of music in a while so here's some of that 7.5/10

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I don't listen to a lot of rap so maybe I'm missing the mark a bit but some of the lines in that first verse felt like they had some questionable structure, second verse was better about it, though 6/10

OP Suggestion: This song, as the title implies, is just saxophone and voice, and what struck me the most is that it uses the sax in more ways than expected, particularly turning the key presses into the percussion. Another long ambient suggestion but ehh fight me 8/10 

Now I know this song was posted 6 months ago... and yes she was murdered 5 years ago but in the description it says she only performed this song once back in 2012, 4 years prior to her death, and her family remastered it and released it

On 3/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, LordCowCow said:

I get why the vocals are there, but they feel a little superfluous. 7/10 still for the rest of it.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, yui said:

"everyone is princess" is some big "in the end, all girls are like the rose bride" energy

6.5/10, not really bill's best, I don't think

22 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

7/10 but i struggle to find things to say about it tbh

OP Suggestion: New Black Midi alert, the video is definitely within their aesthetic even if that means, uh, it's reallll weird. Song is pretty bangers though if you already like Black Midi, though (that is to say, this is not a good entry song, go listen to "Talking Heads", "Western", or "Bmbmbm" first) 8/10

14 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

The syncopated rhythm felt a little annoying for like the first third but other than that it was alright 6.5/10

13 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

5/10 exactly the type of song I'd get annoyed at playing over and over at my old work.

OP Suggestion: Dropping the tempo into more wave-y stuff, rather chill 7/10

On 3/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, LordCowCow said:

i had a discussion with a coworker about which musical act we thought we could take in a fight and i said marshmello not because i thought i would win the actual fight but because i figured unmasking him would count as some sort of moral victory and i figured i could manage that. i mean, i probably still couldn't, but that would be my strategy. i definitely wouldn't be able to if bastille was also involved.

anyway, that sure sounds like a collaboration between marshmello and bastille, that being said, dunno if i'll remember it when i close the tab 6/10

OP Suggestion: this is a song about a mollusk some kid found and that's the best way i think i can describe it 7/10