radio414

radio414 rates music thread

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Would have been an effective mood piece but then the vocals come in and they're kind of grating. I appreciate Gavin's musical ability but it's not really for me 3.5/10

OP Suggestion: In honor of Italy's win at Eurovision this year have a Eurovision song generated by a markov chain. More of a curio than good, but that's still worth sharing 6/10

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I read "advanced challenge opening" as "advace battle opening" and ended up a little disappointed that this wasn't the second-best Pokemon OP, just a good one 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Half smooth sax-led jazz, half rap, Moon Hooch and Tonio Sagan combine their talents here for something that is better than the sum of its parts 7.5/10

On 5/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, LordCowCow said:

I don't listen to Critical Role so I don't have any context if there is any but it's good background music 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: London Grammar had a new album last month, though this single's been around for a while. The slower end of indie pop, which is pretty fun 8/10 

14 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

looks like the title of a neil breen film. Song is good in a deliberate way, though as opposed to the director 7/10

OP Suggestion: Act Four came out like a month ago at this point, but I didn't want to put it here because it wasn't uploaded to Youtube yet and aesthetic matching/ease of embedding matters to me I guess. The point is, I've listened to the whole album multiple times already, and while I enjoyed Acts Two and Three more than this one -- I'd give Act Four a solid 8/10, though -- I also think the album as a whole is greater than the sum of its parts. They're good songs, Bront.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

ngl the way you described it made me anticipate something way worse than this. it is buoyed by country roads just being a really good song by itself, though 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Apparently Big Brave used to be a Canadian Folk duo? You wouldn't get that if you just listened to this song, which has both the metallest title and a sound like Bonnocons of Doom 7.5/10

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

don't worry i'm only a fledgeling audiophile not a "roast over youtube's compression from ten years ago" audiophile (yet) 6.5/10

19 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Isn't part of the joke of "look at this ..." memes that the song isn't that good? The cover part is fine, but the humor defaults to "i'm a terrible person for even touching a pokemon game" which is a brand of humor that doesn't really gel with me 5/10

7 hours ago, cr47t said:

That guitar lick started out pretty fun but it waned over time. Rest of the song is strong enough though 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: A seven-minute meditation on being alive that, ironically, I'm posting way too late at night 8/10

On 6/1/2021 at 5:20 AM, LordCowCow said:

first two minutes: 6.5/10

song: 6.5/10 yeah it was pretty consistent the entire time weird that

OP Suggestion: Given that Tirzah's released two singles in as many months, I have to wonder if she's working on something larger containing these songs or just releasing them because she can. Either works, tbh 7/10

On 6/3/2021 at 4:17 AM, LordCowCow said:

oh hey i recognize that duck in the background, anyway a very fun 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: Haven't gotten one of these emails in a while. This one's from Chile 6/10 

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i know half the joke is the bad meter but the bad meter really killed a lot of my enjoyment, also the sound effect bleep being used more for comedy than how one might actually mute the swear in a normal song was kind of grating. good voices but still 4/10

14 hours ago, cr47t said:

that's two songs which one am i supposed to rate

OP Suggestion: Of course as soon as I say I haven't gotten too many emails another one pops in my inbox 7.5/10 

11 hours ago, radio414 said:

that's two songs which one am i supposed to rate

it can be one or the other, or both. i'd prefer both at some point, but hey: your thread, your choice, just let me know which one is being rated