radio414

radio414 rates music thread

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Lyrics are iconic obviously but a little disappointed at the length; you'd think there'd be an official "full" version with a verse or two out there 6/10

19 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

6/10 also it's nice but not really for me

OP Suggestion: all the hardcore punk i've shared before has been like twenty minutes long and not always hardcore so instead of that here's a solid three minutes 7/10 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:14 PM, LordCowCow said:

I can't really put my finger on why this tops out at 6.5/10 for me -- maybe it's because it's divorced from its source material, a game I haven't played? I've been over that before I guess -- but yeah that's where I'm at.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, The Frost King said:

Feels like a bill wurtz song but without a lot of the charm, like, there's still some charm, but not as much 6/10

23 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

it's a good thing jeremy renner has been in movies i like, even if i most associate him with the joke birdman makes at his expense 5.5/10

20 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

kept hearing "they never break but i still bend them" as involving bibendum the michelin tire man, anyway good but not really my thing 6/10

21 minutes ago, cr47t said:

6/10 I actually wish it was a tiny bit more abrasive

OP Suggestion: Here's another of those chill, meditative songs to help round out your night 7.5/10

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 I guess? Definitely feel like this hit me on a good day for it.

OP Suggestion: Time for some Genesis, though not the art rock kind not the prog rock kind 8/10

On 6/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, LordCowCow said:

memes/69

OP Suggestion: Alt-pop band Japanese Breakfast's new album released two weeks ago and it's pretty good that's my review 7.5/10

On 6/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, radio414 said:

Lyrics are iconic obviously but a little disappointed at the length; you'd think there'd be an official "full" version with a verse or two out there 6/10

late, but have i got good news for you...

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

angels flossing at 1:49

love this album to bits even if this particular song is "only" 7.5/10 for me

14 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

nice how indie darling bruce springsteen gets to "ft." with mr. brightside his career's surely on the up and up now 8/10

3 hours ago, yui said:

Better, though I dunno, still missing some sort of je nais se quois 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: This Camp Cope song starts off as your standard indie rock fare but that's just because it's barely holding back its righteous fury, though I should probably let them tell you about that not me 8/10 

16 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

bob geldof told australia's version of the daily telegraph "i am responsible for two of the worst songs of all time, 'do they know it's christmas' and 'we are the world'" though i won't be quite as harsh i still was never really a fan 5/10

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

one piece is so long and varied at this point that even though i have a basic understanding of the premise you could tell me anything was a part of it and i'd believe you.

anyway 7/10

OP Suggestion: The band Clinic is about as old as me and they're still making music together which is pretty impressive I think. 7.5/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i realize these are probably names but i want to think of this as a "there's no word for it in your language" situation

anyway wavered between a 6.5 and a 7/10 for me depending on the listen

OP Suggestion: have a more heartfelt gay love song than the nice album art might imply 7/10

On 6/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, LordCowCow said:

best use of i want it that way by an asian(?) video maker since 2005 8/10

OP Suggestion: seems like as good a time as any for a song about weed

okay actually it's a song about influences, specifically talking with people at the record store but strawberry cough is a strain name and it's got that indie shoegaze-y sound so that's what i think of 7.5/10